Originally Posted by Mmmmgrolsch
I might be wrong but when a HDR game or content is active on the PS4 pro when you go to OS the console still outputs HDR as its the content that triggers it. A more reliable test would be to boot a HDR game up with a manual setting like Horizon, or just boot a none HDR game up and then load a HDR game up to see if the settings automatically change.
Appreciate this btw, it will be amazing if this is the fix.
Alright, so I did that, it seems to work fine.
Here's the test I ran:
1) I put in my picture settings
2) Fired up the PS4 Pro and put that HDMI Input into game mode
3) Put my settings in again for that input with game mode enabled
4) Fired up Horizon: Zero Dawn since it has an on/off switch for HDR
5) Checked with the TV OSD, HDR was on
6) Turned HDR off in the games settings
7) Checked with the TV OSD again, HDR was now off
8) looked at the TV settings, no change
9) Turned HDR back on, checked OSD, checked Settings, no change
I ran this a couple of times, I also changed my settings here and there and they stay the same wether I turn HDR on or off in the games settings.
Might this be the fix?
Might I add, clicking the "ok" button on the remote sadly does not bring up the OSD with all picture and input info. What I did was bring up the Smart Hub and click on the active input (Playstation), then it will display all info like resulotion, UHD/HD/SD and HDR or not.