Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 1129 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 180209Likes

post #33841 of 37007 Old 04-24-2018, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5712 Post(s)
Liked: 8257
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaR86UK View Post
Anyone suffer with pixilation in the blacks and other dark colours/scenes with this TV?

Just watched Westworld Season 2 EP1 and the pixilation was so bad.
Perhaps it's your picture settings? I'm going to watch the same episode later from a recording of the exact same broadcast stream (Sky Atlantic HD channel in the UK) and so I'll keep an eye out for anything unusual.

To reduce noise try to turn off as much of the TV's artificial processing as possible. So:
  • Don't use un-"Natural" or "Dynamic" pictures modes.
  • Sharpness - very low, ideally off
  • Digital Clean View - might help, but normally doesn't. Off should interfere less
ez1dog and MaR86UK like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 04-24-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33842 of 37007 Old 04-24-2018, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Perhaps it's your picture settings? I'm going to watch the same episode later from a recording of the exact same broadcast stream (Sky Atlantic HD channel in the UK) and so I'll keep an eye out for anything unusual.

To reduce noise try to turn off as much of the TV's artificial processing as possible. So:
  • Don't use un-"Natural" or "Dynamic" pictures modes.
  • Sharpness - very low, ideally off
  • Digital Clean View - might help, but normally doesn't. Off should interfere less
Thanks.

I watched it using Movie mode with the following settings.

Backlight: 6
Brightness: 45
Contrast: 100
Sharpness: 0
Colour: 50
Tint: 50/50
Digital Clean View: Off
Smart LED: High
Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Colour Tone: Warm 1
Gamma: 0
post #33843 of 37007 Old 04-24-2018, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Westworld season 2 ep 1 the weird pixelated blacks were due to the streaming service NOT your TV. I saw it at a friends house on their calibrated TV that isn't a KS8000. I went home and saw it there too. I have seen it in other HBO shows like Game of Thrones. Their streaming service sucks SO MUCH.

Also, you should not use Dynamic Contrast on SDR content. Just say no. Smart LED on high is also not recommended for SDR. Both of those could mess up your content... but like I said, I think it's a problem with HBO. The scene w/ Bernard in the dark just his head is most noticeable.
checker9 likes this.

Last edited by otlc; 04-24-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33844 of 37007 Old 04-24-2018, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Got some new picture settings here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post56079820

Made some changes to my process and got some positive results.
mrtickleuk and ThaBEN like this.
post #33845 of 37007 Old 04-24-2018, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaR86UK View Post
Thanks.

I watched it using Movie mode with the following settings.

Backlight: 6
Brightness: 45
Contrast: 100
Sharpness: 0
Colour: 50
Tint: 50/50
Digital Clean View: Off
Smart LED: High
Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Colour Tone: Warm 1
Gamma: 0
As has been said, you could try Smart LED Low and ditch Dynamic Contrast. Dynamic Contrast will always crush blacks.

I've finished the episode now, it looked very good to me except for some reduced black detail/blockiness in the scene where the Man In Black bandages his arm and puts a new hat on. Inside that cabin it was hard to see shadow detail - but it could easily have been graded that way.

Other than that, the rest of it looked very good to me?

@otlc , @MaR86UK and I are both in the UK, we are not watching Westworld on any streaming service. Over here Sky (a satellite broadcaster) has exclusive rights to every HBO drama series which it broadcasts on a dedicated channel called Sky Atlantic. These are proper HD satellite broadcasts, with high(ish?) bitrates* and DD5.1 sound. There is an internet catch-up service if you miss an episode, but that's not streaming either - it downloads, not streams, a full file (which you may start watching before it's all downloaded) which then appears as a Recording on the set top box like any other recording you make of a broadcast. In short, in the UK there is no way of streaming any HBO series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otlc View Post
The scene w/ Bernard in the dark just his head is most noticeable.
Is that near the start, middle, end? Can't remember that one! I might post a pic of the cabin scene tomorrow (where I noticed an issue) if it helps.

* hmm, ~5Mb/s MPEG4
MaR86UK likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 04-24-2018 at 04:31 PM.
post #33846 of 37007 Old 04-24-2018, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPaul View Post
UHD Colour switching issue on PC still not resolved in 1220 this is a bigger headache than the game mode settings.
Can you explain your issue? Maybe i can help.
post #33847 of 37007 Old 04-24-2018, 10:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 1684
DirecTV 4K HDR over HDMI (aka what did you did with my EDID?)...update

According to my very reliable contact at DirecTV engineering, "Samsung believes they have a fix for certain models, but did not provide a release date."

So, slightly promising without any specifics. I'll keep asking Samsung and I encourage others to do the same.

If there is any magic insight you can find, I would appreciate it @Rudy1 .

Sent from my Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk
post #33848 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
As has been said, you could try Smart LED Low and ditch Dynamic Contrast. Dynamic Contrast will always crush blacks.

I've finished the episode now, it looked very good to me except for some reduced black detail/blockiness in the scene where the Man In Black bandages his arm and puts a new hat on. Inside that cabin it was hard to see shadow detail - but it could easily have been graded that way.

Other than that, the rest of it looked very good to me?

@otlc , @MaR86UK and I are both in the UK, we are not watching Westworld on any streaming service. Over here Sky (a satellite broadcaster) has exclusive rights to every HBO drama series which it broadcasts on a dedicated channel called Sky Atlantic. These are proper HD satellite broadcasts, with high(ish?) bitrates* and DD5.1 sound. There is an internet catch-up service if you miss an episode, but that's not streaming either - it downloads, not streams, a full file (which you may start watching before it's all downloaded) which then appears as a Recording on the set top box like any other recording you make of a broadcast. In short, in the UK there is no way of streaming any HBO series.

Is that near the start, middle, end? Can't remember that one! I might post a pic of the cabin scene tomorrow (where I noticed an issue) if it helps.
Thanks for that.

For me everything looked good apart from the dark scenes. From what I can remember, from the 2am broadcast the 9th minute dark scene and the 19th minute dark scenes all looked terrible and I had about 8 or 9 different shades of black which kind of looked like an oil slick.

Will play with my settings now and see if that helps.
post #33849 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKK View Post
Can you explain your issue? Maybe i can help.
Every time I restart PC the TV displays no signal. I then have to go to the picture settings and turn HDMI UHD Colour on or off. Doesn't matter if it's already on or off you just need to change it to the opposite every time I restart PC. It started to do this about 6 months ago after a TV firmware update.
post #33850 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Well I finally got GeekSquad to replace my tv so I will be leaving this thread, leaning towards paying extra for a new q9fn but not sure yet. I’m glad everyone got their HDR game mode fix and actually got to use it. It’s been a pleasure learning with you all, and I know I’ll see some of you in other threads I follow.

Samsung 75Q9FN
Samsung HW-N950
Samsung UBD-M9500

Samsung 55Q80R - Bedroom
post #33851 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPaul View Post
Every time I restart PC the TV displays no signal. I then have to go to the picture settings and turn HDMI UHD Colour on or off. Doesn't matter if it's already on or off you just need to change it to the opposite every time I restart PC. It started to do this about 6 months ago after a TV firmware update.
This used to happen to me. Are you on an Nvidia card? Be sure to update the NViDIA firmware and the firmware of the TV both to the newest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #33852 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 35
After upgrading to firmware 1220.6. Showtime apps would not run, with error stating they had expired. Deleted the app and today I went and saw the apps available so reinstalled showtime. So far, no issues and it works like it had before.
joe75xp likes this.
post #33853 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelenor View Post
After upgrading to firmware 1220.6. Showtime apps would not run, with error stating they had expired. Deleted the app and today I went and saw the apps available so reinstalled showtime. So far, no issues and it works like it had before.
it wasnt showing up for me last week not even reinstalling it dis speared im still on i beleive 1217
post #33854 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Showtime issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelenor View Post
This is reported as a banner on their website, went there yesterday to update my tv to 1220.6 fw. They say its not working and they are working with shotime to get it resolved!

Spoiler!
post #33855 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1401 Post(s)
Liked: 2329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post

According to my very reliable contact at DirecTV engineering, "Samsung believes they have a fix for certain models, but did not provide a release date."
"Certain models", so we will probably end up screwed LOL.

I won't speak for Rudy but I believe I recall reading him say his contacts have either been reassigned or let go. I might have misunderstood though.

Thanks for sharing the updated info!
Terminader and azz7686 like this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #33856 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
"Certain models", so we will probably end up screwed LOL.

I won't speak for Rudy but I believe I recall reading him say his contacts have either been reassigned or let go. I might have misunderstood though.

Thanks for sharing the updated info!
RVU, has been working for the last 4 months for me until they ever fix HLG!

Spoiler!
post #33857 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUperEd007 View Post
it wasnt showing up for me last week not even reinstalling it dis speared im still on i beleive 1217

Added pics to show that it is indeed working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cydeweyz and mrtickleuk like this.
post #33858 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBEN View Post
Best not to use HDR+ if u want an accurate picture.

For PS4 Pro and general tv/movie watching i use the same setting as below, only difference is that i use them in Game Mode for PS4 Pro and in Standard picture mode for watching Movies. If you don't want the Soap Opera Effect than make sure you don't use the Auto Motion Plus setting at Auto. Turn it Off or use Custom. When using custom, make sure to have the dejudder slider at 0. Any value higher than 0 will give the Soap Opera Effect.

My personal settings below are based on my Spears & Munsil HD Benchmak Calibration Blu-Ray, 2nd Edition and the info i gathered on this forum. Some settings needed to be adjusted compared to the former firmware version so there have indeed been changes to the overal picture quality. Next to the already confirmed increase in brightness i can confirm that the blacks look better too.

I noticed this on the brightness test pattern of said calibration disc. The background of this test pattern consist of a checkerboard pattern of dark greys. With the correct settings in 1220.7 (value 45) it's completly uniformly black all across the board from multiple viewing angles. With the fomer firmware version the background was only completely black when you sat dead straight in front of the tv, and you could still faintly see the checkerboard patters when looking at the screen from an angle, and this was with a value of 43.

These are the settings i use with 1220.7 at the moment.

Picture Mode: Standard (Because of the 'backlight breathing' problem when watching HDR content in picture mode Movie)

SDR Content:
Backlight 6 (12 if i use LED Clear Motion)
Brightness 45
Contrast 93
Sharpness 0
Color 49
Tint (G/R) 50/50
Clean Digital View Off
Auto Motion Plus Off (Or Custom, both Sliders at 0 and LED Clear Motion On, depending on the source)
Smart LED Low
Dynamic Contrast Off
Gamma -1
Colortint Warm 2
Whitbalance Everything at 0
Colorspace Auto

HDR Content:
Backlight 20
Brightness 45
Contrast 100
Sharpness 0
Color 50
Tint (G/R) 50/50
Clean Digital View Off
Auto Motion Plus Off (Or Custom, both Sliders at 0 and LED Clear Motion On, depending on the source)
Smart LED High
Dynamic Contrast Off (Or Low when using LED Clear Motion if you have the need to compensate for the loss in overall brightness)
Gamma 0
Colortint Warm 2
Colorspace Auto
These are great settings for the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. But I will say "Warm 2" just seems off compared to Warm 1. I understand this is what "directors" use, but for pure gaming, it just seems yellowish in a way. Is Warm 1 ok? Or is Warm 2 the overall recommendation for gaming?
post #33859 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Hey guys this is a question about Netflix and the 4k uhd shows, we recently signed up for the free month of the premium uhd package..... Currently have at&t high speed internet....running at 50mbps......When viewing the uhd shows that Netflix has, when you click the info button it gives us 2160 at only 15-20mbps......Is this a drop off in internet speed? Or just how Netflix is running? When running a speed test it's showing our WiFi is at 50mbps? Don't know if this is normal or not.....Picture seems pretty nice but during peak hours it varies quite a bit......
post #33860 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 09:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by urmie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBEN View Post
Best not to use HDR+ if u want an accurate picture.

For PS4 Pro and general tv/movie watching i use the same setting as below, only difference is that i use them in Game Mode for PS4 Pro and in Standard picture mode for watching Movies. If you don't want the Soap Opera Effect than make sure you don't use the Auto Motion Plus setting at Auto. Turn it Off or use Custom. When using custom, make sure to have the dejudder slider at 0. Any value higher than 0 will give the Soap Opera Effect.

My personal settings below are based on my Spears & Munsil HD Benchmak Calibration Blu-Ray, 2nd Edition and the info i gathered on this forum. Some settings needed to be adjusted compared to the former firmware version so there have indeed been changes to the overal picture quality. Next to the already confirmed increase in brightness i can confirm that the blacks look better too.

I noticed this on the brightness test pattern of said calibration disc. The background of this test pattern consist of a checkerboard pattern of dark greys. With the correct settings in 1220.7 (value 45) it's completly uniformly black all across the board from multiple viewing angles. With the fomer firmware version the background was only completely black when you sat dead straight in front of the tv, and you could still faintly see the checkerboard patters when looking at the screen from an angle, and this was with a value of 43.

These are the settings i use with 1220.7 at the moment.

Picture Mode: Standard (Because of the 'backlight breathing' problem when watching HDR content in picture mode Movie)

SDR Content:
Backlight 6 (12 if i use LED Clear Motion)
Brightness 45
Contrast 93
Sharpness 0
Color 49
Tint (G/R) 50/50
Clean Digital View Off
Smart LED Low
Dynamic Contrast Off
Gamma -1
Colortint Warm 2
Colorspace Auto

HDR Content:
Backlight 20
Brightness 45
Contrast 100
Sharpness 0
Color 50
Tint (G/R) 50/50
Clean Digital View Off
Smart LED High
Dynamic Contrast Off (Or Low when using LED Clear Motion if you have the need to compensate for the loss in overall brightness)
Gamma 0
Colortint Warm 2
Colorspace Auto
These are great settings for the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. But I will say "Warm 2" just seems off compared to Warm 1. I understand this is what "directors" use, but for pure gaming, it just seems yellowish in a way. Is Warm 1 ok? Or is Warm 2 the overall recommendation for gaming?
Many will tell u warm 2.

I honestly can say. Warm 2 looks disgusting to me on games.

I do warm 1 and love it. Do 1
azz7686 and scubagato like this.
post #33861 of 37007 Old 04-25-2018, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceX View Post
Many will tell u warm 2.

I honestly can say. Warm 2 looks disgusting to me on games.

I do warm 1 and love it. Do 1
Warm 2 in combination with the settings i posted earlier are the most correct settings accoding to the industry standards. What this means is that the image will be the most accurate as intended by the content creater.

But in the end the only 'correct' settings are the ones you find the most pleasing to look at with your own eyes. Just go for Warm 1 (or any other option) if that feels better to your eyes
Artman22 likes this.
post #33862 of 37007 Old 04-26-2018, 03:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Indeed. Here is the technical explanation for what you are seeing. Warm2 - with real pure whites - will initially look yellowy and the reason is this: because you're very used to whites that are very bluey. So when you suddenly see pure white, there isn't as much blue in it as you are used it, so it seems to be too yellow (when in fact it isn't, it's pure).

See how blue is opposite yellow in the 4 attached pics?

It takes a few days for you to get used to seeing "pure" white as white, but if you can get used to it, and not everyone can - you will know you are seeing more colour detail overall / "more correct" colours.

[big pinch of salt: there are no technical picture standards for gaming like there are in the TV and film industry. It's perfect possible that individual games are "authored" with a bluer white point on purpose, but it's the Wild West as far as gaming picture standards are concerned]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Just Movie+Cool Saturation.png
Views:	96
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	2395752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Just Movie+Standard Saturation.png
Views:	91
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	2395754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Just Movie+Warm1 Saturation.png
Views:	88
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	2395756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Just Movie+Warm2 Saturation.png
Views:	75
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	2395758  

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 04-26-2018 at 08:17 AM.
post #33863 of 37007 Old 04-26-2018, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin81 View Post
Hey guys this is a question about Netflix and the 4k uhd shows, we recently signed up for the free month of the premium uhd package..... Currently have at&t high speed internet....running at 50mbps......When viewing the uhd shows that Netflix has, when you click the info button it gives us 2160 at only 15-20mbps......Is this a drop off in internet speed? Or just how Netflix is running? When running a speed test it's showing our WiFi is at 50mbps? Don't know if this is normal or not.....Picture seems pretty nice but during peak hours it varies quite a bit......

You are seeing the maximum streaming speed of Netflix UHD movies
post #33864 of 37007 Old 04-26-2018, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Got a nice replacement panel yesterday -- after an excrutiating 2+ hour process where the local repair tech spent most of it on the phone with Samsung engineers, live streaming my issue over his phone. Admittedly my yellow blotch was only visible on light backdrops, and didn't translate to phone capturing, but still I felt the TV was in warranty and it was worth rolling the dice to see what they would do.

I guess I should count myself lucky the tech was as old as my parents, because he kept hanging up on the Samsung guys over the phone -- the last time on purpose because it was clear they weren't going to accept the repair (even tho the new panel was on the repair truck and had been "approved" and ordered!). Eventually, the tech's boss was able to use the report the 2nd repair tech (who came here back in March) generated, and his boss called another Samsung guy in NJ who gave the thumbs up.

I would never buy another TV from these guys -- I mean, why is a cell phone the prevailing method of collecting evidence about a fault? I definitely had a burned out LED of some kind, and told them "it's only on WHITE COLORED BACKGROUNDS", yet the Samsung guy in NJ kept wanting the tech to roll through slides of green, purple, blue, etc. test patterns....where you'd never see it! In fact at some point, the Samsung guy on the other end of the phone repeatedly said "there's nothing wrong with this TV, I cant see any problem at all!"

That said, and despite all this aggrevation, I still like this TV, and now that Game Mode patch has been implemented and I have a new panel, I'm good. Especially since OLED seems to have mounting issues of its own, this is a really good set for the present time...provided you have one that works, as we know!

Either way I will be sticking around longer I did want to thank some of the fellow AVS'ers who helped me walk through the process. Had they not installed the new panel, I was prepared to continuously complain via phone and email -- which as the tech told me yesterday, was going to be the only way going forward to get anything done. Pathetic.

Last edited by DM2006RI; 04-26-2018 at 07:19 AM.
post #33865 of 37007 Old 04-26-2018, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Indeed. Here is the technical explanation for what you are seeing. Warm2 - with real pure whites - will initially look yellowy and the reason is this: because you're very used to whites that are very bluey. So when you suddenly see pure white, there isn't as much blue in it as you are used it, so it seems to be too yellow (when in fact it isn't, it's pure).

See how blue is opposite yellow in the 4 attached pics?

It takes a few days for you to get used to seeing "pure" white as white, but if you can get used to it, and not everyone can - you will know you are seeing more colour detail overall.

[big pinch of salt: there are no technical picture standards for gaming like there are in the TV and film industry. It's perfect possible that individual games are "authored" with a bluer white point on purpose, but it's the Wild West as far as gaming picture standards are concerned]
Are you actually losing any detail being in a different mode, or basically just going to see everything with a shift towards blue? Personally, I find standard much more visually appealing (particular on cartoons which is 90% of our viewing thanks to my toddler) so I've stuck with that over warm. (It also doesn't help that my parents have theirs set to standard, so it makes it hard for me to adjust to warm when I'm regularly being exposed to that when I visit them.)
post #33866 of 37007 Old 04-26-2018, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1373 Post(s)
Liked: 1456
Quote:
It isn't really "what directors use". Warm 2 is generally recommended because it usually (depending on the individual TV) measures closest to the video white point standard of D65, which IS what colorists use in video work. Games aren't created to any standard for the most part, so use whatever floats your boat.
ez1dog and ThaBEN like this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #33867 of 37007 Old 04-26-2018, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin81 View Post
When viewing the uhd shows that Netflix has, when you click the info button it gives us 2160 at only 15-20mbps......Is this a drop off in internet speed? Or just how Netflix is running? When running a speed test it's showing our WiFi is at 50mbps? Don't know if this is normal or not.....Picture seems pretty nice but during peak hours it varies quite a bit......
This is normal, 15-20 the bit-rate Netflix runs at for UHD (when you run a HD show you'll see it's about half that or even less), any higher and most people wouldn't be able to stream it at all.
post #33868 of 37007 Old 04-26-2018, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by azz7686 View Post
RVU, has been working for the last 4 months for me until they ever fix HLG!
im still on 1217 and showtime and showtime any time mysteriously showed up without a update lol
post #33869 of 37007 Old 04-26-2018, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUperEd007 View Post
im still on 1217 and showtime and showtime any time mysteriously showed up without a update lol
Apps aren't part of the firmware and will update/remove themselves completely independently of firmware.

post #33870 of 37007 Old 04-26-2018, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lantz View Post
Are you actually losing any detail being in a different mode, or basically just going to see everything with a shift towards blue? Personally, I find standard much more visually appealing (particular on cartoons which is 90% of our viewing thanks to my toddler) so I've stuck with that over warm. (It also doesn't help that my parents have theirs set to standard, so it makes it hard for me to adjust to warm when I'm regularly being exposed to that when I visit them.)
Technically, I don't think you will be losing any detail in the picture with overall shift to blue in the example given by @mrtickleuk . You may perceive less dimension in the picture though. For example, say there is a scene that has an afternoon sky with some clouds and there exists a color transitions in the sky and clouds from blue to white. If your white has a bluish tint to it the transition from a deeper, medium-blue to light, whitish-blue may not be perceived to be as stark as a transition from medium-blue to pure white even though they would technically be the same. This difference could possibly flatten the overall picture. At least that's what I think I think.

It's probably not a big deal if you are mainly watching cartoons since a lot times the outlines of the characters and objects are what's used to create dimension in the picture.
Chuck Ebby and TheGameScouts like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page