Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 1226 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 180303Likes

post #36751 of 37148 Old 12-19-2019, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 3
HDMI black level setting greyed out on hdmi 1

Hi, my hdmi one is fios tv, and when I look at the settings for the picture I see that the HDMI Black level setting is greyed out on this source. Is this normal? I currently am running fios picture through standard picture setting on this hdmi source.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36752 of 37148 Old 12-19-2019, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
If HDMI UHD Color is on then the Black Level will be grayed out. Turning the UHD Color off (on all ports) will allow you to adjust the Black Level. However when you turn on the UHD color back on the Black Level option defaults to "Normal".
Chuck Ebby likes this.
post #36753 of 37148 Old 12-20-2019, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Ok, so Disney+ finally has been updated to HDR, but no 4k. The HDR to me looks slightly better on the tv versus the XboxOne X app ( I know it’s fake HDR). Just wanted to update everybody that is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck Ebby, Ted Brogan and ThaBEN like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36754 of 37148 Old 12-20-2019, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 616
If it says HDR, it is probably 4K as well if the app is anything like Netflix where 4K HDR just says HDR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #36755 of 37148 Old 12-22-2019, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBEN View Post
Are you sure this information was shown from your TV and not from another device like your Blu-ray player? I use a Harmony remote which has an "i" button on the remote. Depending on the content/app i'm using this "i" button shows different information.
When using my external HDD the "i" button will show the timline, resolution HDR symbol (if the content supports in HDR) and the chapter select. If i press the "i" button while using Netflix it will show me the bitrate of the stream. If i use the "i" button on my PS4 it shows resolution and HDR symbol (if the content supports in HDR).
Yes, it's definitely the drop down info bar that you always get when you turn the TV on to your cable input (if you have one). I'm using the default remote control, via the "123" button, middle left side, and when pushed the same drop down style menu that appears has the standard 4 colored function buttons, the "i" button, the numbers 1-6 or 7, and some additional commands to the right of all that.
Yea, I also have a HDD, however the only files I have are HD MP4's, and when pressed, the "i" button gives you a center focused info screen with basic data including resolution. It's interesting that this is NOT the drop down info bar you get on every other source. But I'm sure that's specific to the filetype.

Also, yes I also know how with the Netflix app, the "i" button when pressed puts the stream and resolution info permanently on screen, upper left corner.
And funnily enough, if I play Mandalorian from the Disney app on my PS4 (not Pro), pressing the "i" button will give me the drop down info just like when I use it with the cable source. It's 1080p non HDR, but that's because it's just a std PS4.

Overall, it's very convoluted. What else is new, though? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg22 View Post
Are you watching content via TV apps? if so, I don't believe you can use that feature. I run everything through my AVR and that info panel displays info on every source I have.
Yes, I'm just running the app on the TV. Does your Netflix app behave the same way when the "i" button is pressed as well? Or does it put the text on screen until you turn it off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboss0616 View Post
Ok, so Disney+ finally has been updated to HDR, but no 4k. The HDR to me looks slightly better on the tv versus the XboxOne X app ( I know it’s fake HDR). Just wanted to update everybody that is interested.
If you have looked, what shows do you see the biggest change with this addition? And yes, do we think that 4K has also somehow entered the picture with this development?

Samsung UN60KS8000
Samsung UBD-K8500
post #36756 of 37148 Old 12-22-2019, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi,

Which mode should I use for PC Connection? PC or Game Mode?
post #36757 of 37148 Old 12-22-2019, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Brogan View Post
Yes, I'm just running the app on the TV. Does your Netflix app behave the same way when the "i" button is pressed as well? Or does it put the text on screen until you turn it off?
I haven't run an app on the TV itself for at least two years (when I got my 4K HDR Atmos AVR) but I remember that top, drop down menu not being available for most - if not all - apps. I just checked for you by launching the TV Netflix app and it brings up bitrate data only, as expected.

Do you have an AVR? If you select the AVR on the KS8000's menu, then you get the drop down 100% of the time, on every source.

EDIT: is this what you're looking for?

Last edited by pg22; 12-22-2019 at 10:45 AM.
post #36758 of 37148 Old 12-22-2019, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I bought my UN65KS8000 about two years ago, and two weeks ago, a patch of dead pixels appeared out of nowhere on the center left of my screen. Over the past two weeks it has grown by a few more dead pixels every day and is about three times the size now. I've called Samsung and they are offering me no solutions or support. Has anyone else had this issue with this TV and have any fixes or at least a way to stop these dead pixels from spreading? I've taken four pictures, each about five days apart so you can see how it's spread. The first picture was the first day I noticed it (it wasn't like one or two dead pixels to start, it started with this patch of like ten dead pixels all at once).

Day 1:

Day 7:

Day 12:

Day 14:
post #36759 of 37148 Old 12-22-2019, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi, I have a 50" KS9000, its around 2 years old, bought from curry's in the UK, think it said it come with a 10 year panel warranty.

For a few months now i had noticed a bit of a discolouration the top left of the screen and i think i had just been living with it and not thinking too much about it. Tonight it was annoying me a bit though as it seemed more obvious, more so if the screen is a darker colour like grey, if its black it’s not that noticeable, if the screen if white then the discolouration looks a little like a yellowish cast on the top left.

On looking a bit closer tonight it’s the very top left, goes down about 8-10 inches and across to the right around the same. at the very top of the screen (at the most top part which is also the top of where this discolouration is) it looks like about a 2-3 inch line that goes across where it looks very darkened out, i am thinking they might be dead pixels?

It also appears that within the discolouration, it seems to sort of change shade a little as if its flickering and goes slightly lighter then back to its darker shade.

I am wondering if Samsung will likely do anything about this? Would they send someone out to look at it and fix it under their 10 year panel warranty or would it have to be sent away? I don't want to be without a TV.

I know the TV has a built in, contact Samsung remotely option, would it be the case if i contacted them via that they would see what i mean by connecting remotely?

I have tried using the TV's built in picture diagnostics and the build in picture still shows a bit of a cast in that area, although the picture is very bright so it doesn't look quite as bad as if the picture was a little darker, but I’m guessing as that still shows the issue it is definitely the TV and not the connection.

Any advice would be great.

James
post #36760 of 37148 Old 12-24-2019, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1981 View Post
Hi, I have a 50" KS9000, its around 2 years old, bought from curry's in the UK, think it said it come with a 10 year panel warranty.

For a few months now i had noticed a bit of a discolouration the top left of the screen and i think i had just been living with it and not thinking too much about it. Tonight it was annoying me a bit though as it seemed more obvious, more so if the screen is a darker colour like grey, if its black it’s not that noticeable, if the screen if white then the discolouration looks a little like a yellowish cast on the top left.

On looking a bit closer tonight it’s the very top left, goes down about 8-10 inches and across to the right around the same. at the very top of the screen (at the most top part which is also the top of where this discolouration is) it looks like about a 2-3 inch line that goes across where it looks very darkened out, i am thinking they might be dead pixels?

It also appears that within the discolouration, it seems to sort of change shade a little as if its flickering and goes slightly lighter then back to its darker shade.

I am wondering if Samsung will likely do anything about this? Would they send someone out to look at it and fix it under their 10 year panel warranty or would it have to be sent away? I don't want to be without a TV.

I know the TV has a built in, contact Samsung remotely option, would it be the case if i contacted them via that they would see what i mean by connecting remotely?

I have tried using the TV's built in picture diagnostics and the build in picture still shows a bit of a cast in that area, although the picture is very bright so it doesn't look quite as bad as if the picture was a little darker, but I’m guessing as that still shows the issue it is definitely the TV and not the connection.

Any advice would be great.

James
That 10 years Warranty is only for burned in pixels (as Samsung knows that this Technology does not "burn in") .. it's like a "no rust" Warranty on a Wood Log Cabin.

You would have to contact Samsung and see if they would do any free Service, as your official warranty is probably expired. (Unless you got some extended Warranty with your retailer)
post #36761 of 37148 Old 12-24-2019, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Anyone else experiencing that the colors on the YouTube app are oversaturated?

Now that my son is starting to watch TV, i get to see the same cartoons/kids show everyday over and over again. The strange thing is that since about a month ago the image will randomly get oversaturated and color banding is present.
I noticed this happens everytime when i've watched a HDR video beforehand via the internal media player. If i then start YouTube the colors are oversaturated and color banding is present, even thoug my settings show that i'm using my default SDR settings. To fix this i need to go back to the internal media player and play an SDR video. After doing this i can go back to YouTube and everything will play correctly.

Youtube version: web_20191211_00_RC01
coldsteelmike likes this.
post #36762 of 37148 Old 12-25-2019, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:

Now that my son is starting to watch TV, i get to see the same cartoons/kids show everyday over and over again. The strange thing is that since about a month ago the image will randomly get oversaturated and color banding is present.
I noticed this happens everytime when i've watched a HDR video beforehand via the internal media player. If i then start YouTube the colors are oversaturated and color banding is present, even thoug my settings show that i'm using my default SDR settings. To fix this i need to go back to the internal media player and play an SDR video. After doing this i can go back to YouTube and everything will play correctly.

Yes. I’ve noticed this, but without the ancillary correlation. Let me test this.

What I’ve noticed is that I can reduce/remove this by turning off HDR+ in settings, which I use for standard tv watching.
post #36763 of 37148 Old 12-25-2019, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 1499 Post(s)
Liked: 1591
Quote:

Out of sheer curiosity, when you're watching your HDR video, is the color space set to Auto, Native, or Custom? I ask because Native can be active for either SDR or HDR, while Auto follows with the dynamic range being used by the TV. I'm thinking it's possible that if the TV is set to Native, it's (incorrectly) maintaining that color space during the change from HDR to SDR. Does this happen with a change to Netflix or Amazon Video or any other streaming app?

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #36764 of 37148 Old 12-26-2019, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So what's the wisdom on HDR+? I know it needs to be coupled with color space Native setting for best results. Does it add anything of worth? Does it "stretch" SDR content intelligently, and leave HDR input alone? Or does it mess with HDR being input as well? I gather from the OP pdf that it does the first, but is it generally recommended over a more native picture when viewing non HDR content?
post #36765 of 37148 Old 12-26-2019, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I'm having weird issues with apps that I'm hoping someone can chime in on. Last night I noticed that the Disney+ app wouldn't open. Netflix and Amazon Prime Video still worked though. I also noticed that the Apps Store wouldn't open either. When trying to open the Disney+ app or the App Store the screen would be just be blank. I tried unplugging the power from the TV and waiting a little bit but that didn't seem to solve the issue. I went into the settings and did a Smart Hub Reset, which wipes out all of the apps and that seemed to work. This is a pain though since you have to re-download and re-login to all of the apps.

This morning though I noticed the same issues. Disney+ didn't open at first, then eventually it did, and now it's not opening again. I also noticed that the Apps Store isn't opening again. I had forgot to re-install the Plex app and now I'm not able to get it back. Using the search feature I can find the App but it doesn't let me go up to select it.

I'm going to end up reseting the smart hub and probably do a full factory reset on the tv and hope that fixes it. Has anyone else had similar issues? I've had this TV for a couple of years now and haven't had any issues until now.
post #36766 of 37148 Old 12-26-2019, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerzel_ View Post
I'm having weird issues with apps that I'm hoping someone can chime in on. Last night I noticed that the Disney+ app wouldn't open. Netflix and Amazon Prime Video still worked though. I also noticed that the Apps Store wouldn't open either. When trying to open the Disney+ app or the App Store the screen would be just be blank. I tried unplugging the power from the TV and waiting a little bit but that didn't seem to solve the issue. I went into the settings and did a Smart Hub Reset, which wipes out all of the apps and that seemed to work. This is a pain though since you have to re-download and re-login to all of the apps.

This morning though I noticed the same issues. Disney+ didn't open at first, then eventually it did, and now it's not opening again. I also noticed that the Apps Store isn't opening again. I had forgot to re-install the Plex app and now I'm not able to get it back. Using the search feature I can find the App but it doesn't let me go up to select it.

I'm going to end up reseting the smart hub and probably do a full factory reset on the tv and hope that fixes it. Has anyone else had similar issues? I've had this TV for a couple of years now and haven't had any issues until now.
Having this same issue with my 65”. Disney+ was working fine a few days ago and then stopped. I can’t get into the App Store either. I have to use Disney+ on Roku for the time being. But I’m losing out on all 4K content because that’s an older Roku (I had bought a newer 4K HDR Roku a year or so ago but it wasn’t working right with this tv or my onkyo receiver so I returned it). I don’t want to do a factory reset because I’m scared to lose my Calibration settings. I can’t find the webpage I used to input them.
post #36767 of 37148 Old 12-26-2019, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizvi1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerzel_ View Post

Having this same issue with my 65”. Disney+ was working fine a few days ago and then stopped. I can’t get into the App Store either. I have to use Disney+ on Roku for the time being. But I’m losing out on all 4K content because that’s an older Roku (I had bought a newer 4K HDR Roku a year or so ago but it wasn’t working right with this tv or my onkyo receiver so I returned it). I don’t want to do a factory reset because I’m scared to lose my Calibration settings. I can’t find the webpage I used to input them.
Glad it’s not just me. I get my calibration settings from rtings.com, might be worth checking.
post #36768 of 37148 Old 12-28-2019, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelmike View Post
Yes. I’ve noticed this, but without the ancillary correlation. Let me test this.

What I’ve noticed is that I can reduce/remove this by turning off HDR+ in settings, which I use for standard tv watching.
I don't use HDR+, but the image does indeed look comparable as if HDR+ is activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Out of sheer curiosity, when you're watching your HDR video, is the color space set to Auto, Native, or Custom? I ask because Native can be active for either SDR or HDR, while Auto follows with the dynamic range being used by the TV. I'm thinking it's possible that if the TV is set to Native, it's (incorrectly) maintaining that color space during the change from HDR to SDR. Does this happen with a change to Netflix or Amazon Video or any other streaming app?
I always use the color space AUTO. It only happens when switching to YouTube. Last night my YouTube broke down completely. I only got a grey screen with black letters without any thumbnails. Even after closing the app by holding the back button, rebooting the TV by holding the power button, disabling the 'Continue last app' feature and unplugging the tv from the power socket for a minute, it still wouldn't work. I ended up having to reset my smart hub, which was a hassle, but luckily that fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydumi View Post
So what's the wisdom on HDR+? I know it needs to be coupled with color space Native setting for best results. Does it add anything of worth? Does it "stretch" SDR content intelligently, and leave HDR input alone? Or does it mess with HDR being input as well? I gather from the OP pdf that it does the first, but is it generally recommended over a more native picture when viewing non HDR content?
HDR+ does also affect HDR sources. Since it's a dynamic mode there is no real right or wrong with HDR+ settings. It's all based on your personal preference. You just need to be aware that as soon as you activate HDR+ mode, the image that you're seeing is no longer in accordance to what the content provider wanted you to see. Other than that you're free to do what you want while in HDR+ mode.
The best way i can explain this is that Ferrari has this specific red color that they use on their cars. That doesn't mean that if you repaint a Ferrari in a different (red) color that it will look worse to you personally. It's just no longer the official recommended color setting.

Having said that, i would advise you to take a look at THIS post made by kbyakko who invested a lot of time and research in finding good looking HDR+ settings.

Last edited by ThaBEN; 12-28-2019 at 07:04 AM.
post #36769 of 37148 Old 12-28-2019, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Last couple days I have noticed two beams of light showing up bottom left edge of screen. Light only shows up during bright scenes. Lights does not show up during dark programming. Tv is 55” Samsung 8000 series. Any idea what is causing this?

Last edited by dharris1969; 12-28-2019 at 02:13 PM. Reason: As image
post #36770 of 37148 Old 12-28-2019, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Black levels bad through new Roku Ultra. I suspect it's because the HDMI black level is incorrect. It's on Normal and greyed out so I can't switch it to Low where I think it should be. Does that sound logical, and if so, how can I ungrey that option and switch HDMI black level option to Low or at least Auto?

Thanks!

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
post #36771 of 37148 Old 12-29-2019, 03:12 AM

So the YouTube Grey Screen error is back within 24 hours. Anyone got a better solution than having to reset Smart Hub? I don't like to have to reinstall all my apps and shortcuts each time this occurs.
I can still stream YouTube from my cell phone in full screen, but as soon as i want to go into the YouTube menu or HUD the entire menu is messed up (see attachments).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YT 1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	2660596   Click image for larger version

Name:	YT 2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	2660598   Click image for larger version

Name:	YT3.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	2660604  

Last edited by ThaBEN; 12-29-2019 at 03:55 AM.
post #36772 of 37148 Old 12-29-2019, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 1684
Quote:
So the YouTube Grey Screen error is back within 24 hours. Anyone got a better solution than having to reset Smart Hub? I don't like to have to reinstall all my apps and shortcuts each time this occurs.
I can still stream YouTube from my cell phone in full screen, but as soon as i want to go into the YouTube menu or HUD the entire menu is messed up (see attachments).
Have you tried to force close the YouTube app by holding the back button on the remote when you are in this app situation? When you select the YouTube app after this force close, it will cause the app to restart.

Other option to try is SmartHub diagnostic which will not remove apps or logins.
post #36773 of 37148 Old 12-29-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
Have you tried to force close the YouTube app by holding the back button on the remote when you are in this app situation? When you select the YouTube app after this force close, it will cause the app to restart.

Other option to try is SmartHub diagnostic which will not remove apps or logins.
Yes i tried that, doesn't help. Also tried to reinstall YouTube by highlighting the app in the APPS menu and holding down the ok button until the reinstall option appears. Also tried holding down the power button on the remote until you see the SUHD logo appear and unplugging the tv from the power socket for a few minutes. Nothing seems to help.

Smart Hub diagnostics only has image, audio and connection test. They do nothing for this issue. Only solution is to reset Smart Hub but that only fixes it for a few hours and i need to reinstall apps and source shortcuts etc every time i reset Smart Hub. This is so annoying!

***Update december 30th***
Apparently people on PS4 have experienced the same exact issue. The fix there is to delete the YouTube save data file. Is there a similar option available on the KS8000 (other then resetting Smart Hub)?
https://support.google.com/youtube/t...14285103?hl=en

I've found an old reddit post about people having the same issue on a LG tv. No solution though, it got fixed by itself after a few days.
https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/com...p_gone_screwy/

I also like to add that since about a week or 2 i got this question from the app "Are you still watching?" whenever autoplay was activated for a few videos. This was new for me. However, accoding to the app info i'm using YouTube version 2.1.490 / Last updated 10/01/2019. I use YouTube daily and know for a fact that this question only appeared recently.

So i assume a bad YouTube app update is causing this. You might want to turn off the 'Auto Update' setting in the 'APPS' menu if you havn't received the update yet.

Hopefully it's only a YouTube app issue and not a TV issue and something that could be fixed with a future app update.

Last edited by ThaBEN; 12-30-2019 at 01:50 AM.
post #36774 of 37148 Old 12-29-2019, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1338 Post(s)
Liked: 4602
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharris1969 View Post
Last couple days I have noticed two beams of light showing up bottom left edge of screen. Light only shows up during bright scenes. Lights does not show up during dark programming. Tv is 55” Samsung 8000 series. Any idea what is causing this?
Maybe because it's an edge-lit panel.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
post #36775 of 37148 Old 12-30-2019, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Same issue I posted about 1 page back on this forum. It seems like damage that can't be fixed except by a professional and if its not under warranty then its not worth it to do because the cost is so much. People have reported that its basically the panel coming unglued. I've tried applying some pressure around the very small area i have and pressure doesn't seem to help it so I dont know. I would think if it was coming detached then a little pressure would at least temporarily show it going away (while holding pressure). It's aggravating how small my one area is but how I can't stop looking at it because I know about it. Certainly hoping it doesnt get worse but I would think if it truly is glue and the panel coming detached, I would think it would eventually get worse...
post #36776 of 37148 Old 12-31-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdodt View Post
Same issue I posted about 1 page back on this forum. It seems like damage that can't be fixed except by a professional and if its not under warranty then its not worth it to do because the cost is so much. People have reported that its basically the panel coming unglued. I've tried applying some pressure around the very small area i have and pressure doesn't seem to help it so I dont know. I would think if it was coming detached then a little pressure would at least temporarily show it going away (while holding pressure). It's aggravating how small my one area is but how I can't stop looking at it because I know about it. Certainly hoping it doesnt get worse but I would think if it truly is glue and the panel coming detached, I would think it would eventually get worse...
I have the same exact issue as you! Appears our bright lights are in different areas though. I did inspect the area and feels and sound like the frame is coming unglued from the back. Luckily I have a valid warranty through Costco. They had me go through an entire gamut of test. I sent them the same picture below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1540.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	601.9 KB
ID:	2661794   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1530.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	659.6 KB
ID:	2661796  
post #36777 of 37148 Old 12-31-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I have the same exact issue as you! Appears our bright lights are in different areas though. I did inspect the area and feels and sound like the frame is coming unglued from the back. Luckily I have a valid warranty through Costco. They had me go through an entire gamut of test. I sent them the same picture below.
You're so lucky. I didn't buy from costco, but how do you have a warranty? Do they offer something on top of the 1 year Samsung? Seems like I am just gonna have to live with mine for a few years at least..
post #36778 of 37148 Old 12-31-2019, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 1499 Post(s)
Liked: 1591
Quote:
You're so lucky. I didn't buy from costco, but how do you have a warranty? Do they offer something on top of the 1 year Samsung? Seems like I am just gonna have to live with mine for a few years at least..
Most retailers, including Costco, offer an extra-cost extended warranty at time of purchase. If you don't buy it then, you generally only have a limited period in which to do so.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #36779 of 37148 Old 12-31-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Most retailers, including Costco, offer an extra-cost extended warranty at time of purchase. If you don't buy it then, you generally only have a limited period in which to do so.
Yea, i know. I was just wondering if that is what the poster was referring to. Its amazing how something like this happens all of a sudden 2 years after owning it.
post #36780 of 37148 Old 12-31-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I purchased the extended warranty! I have learned from bad experience to make sure and buy the extended.
Today's TVs are definitely not made to last! Sure seams like the are not designed to last beyond the manufactured warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page