Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 1228 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 180208Likes

post #36811 of 37006 Old 01-07-2020, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjbarry View Post
No AVR, just the sound bar.

Any ideas how to prevent it for switching on the PS4? It seems to be working fine with every other video source.
You could try deactivating "HDMI Device Link" in the PS4 settings menu. This does however mean that your TV won't automatically switch to your PS4 input when turned on and you have to change the TV input manually to your PS4 HDMI input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36812 of 37006 Old 01-07-2020, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Any ideas what could be causing screen flickering, double image, and these wonderful green lines (images attached)? Just to be clear, this issue occurs even if nothing is plugged in, not even the One Connect box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200102120823403_COVER_1578453280546.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	4.26 MB
ID:	2666210   Click image for larger version

Name:	00000IMG_00000_BURST20200102115327664_COVER_1578453302409.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	2666212  

Last edited by dejanh; 01-07-2020 at 11:42 PM.
post #36813 of 37006 Old 01-08-2020, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 593
Had to spend over an hour yesterday correcting issues with the app display. The issue was that the annoying advertisement somehow attached itself to the source button. The only way I could clear it was unplugging the set for several minutes.

All is good now. Just posting my fix if anyone else runs into the issue.
Terminader, 3dprojector and ThaBEN like this.

Advertisement

post #36814 of 37006 Old 01-08-2020, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post
Good Morning!
I haven't posted in a while but wanted to check in and see if this thread was still alive and it seems to be! I was messing with some settings this weekend and decided to turn on HDR+ because of disney plus of course and I noticed that while on netflix it was giving off the SOA and I didn't like that.

I also decided to go in and see if my firmware was up to date and noticed that there is no option any longer for updates so I'm guessing they are done with this model? If we truly cannot update firmware any longer I'm not sure how long the unit will survive, especially the smart hub which I'm sure gets used by most people more than anything.

I know its been discussed before, at one time on the smart remote you could press the info button and it would display what RES the unit was displaying but I think they took that away in an update, is that still the case?

I believe I got my 65KS8500 in December of 2016 and its still going strong and looks great!
The upgrade option is grayed out if you are on one of the internal apps. if you go to an external device it is still available. I believe that is the way it has always been. I still have my fingers crossed for more updates. You never know.

Likewise still loving my 65KS8000.
Terminader likes this.

post #36815 of 37006 Old 01-08-2020, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Are there some generally agreed upon picture settings for current firmware 1241?

I was a completely happy camper with 1231 and the settings I had with that firmware. But I can't seem to find good settings on 1241, especially when watching through the HDMI inputs vs the TV's own apps.

My interest is movies and TV, not so much gaming. Thanks for any info you guys might provide.

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
post #36816 of 37006 Old 01-09-2020, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Simandl View Post
Are there some generally agreed upon picture settings for current firmware 1241?

I was a completely happy camper with 1231 and the settings I had with that firmware. But I can't seem to find good settings on 1241, especially when watching through the HDMI inputs vs the TV's own apps.

My interest is movies and TV, not so much gaming. Thanks for any info you guys might provide.
I'm interested too!
Just factory reset the TV last night to start from fresh again.

Sent from my BAH-W09 using Tapatalk
post #36817 of 37006 Old 01-09-2020, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Simandl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsuke View Post
I'm interested too!
Just factory reset the TV last night to start from fresh again.

Sent from my BAH-W09 using Tapatalk
Last week i had to factory reset my TV. I documented all my picture settings for all modes before doing the factory reset. I gathered these settings in the past few years from this forum and other sources. I do believe these are the "generally agreed upon" settings that are still applicable to firmware version 1241.5
The HDMI pdf documents also include Game Mode settings.

These settings are based on getting the most accurate picture quality (how the content provider wanted you to see the picture) for when your tv is not professionally calibrated. You'll only have to enter these settings once for each picture mode and your set.

Special thanks @kbyakko for the HDR+ settings!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1 HDMI SDR.pdf (65.1 KB, 226 views)
File Type: pdf 2 HDMI HDR.pdf (62.3 KB, 227 views)
File Type: pdf 3 HDMI SDR HDR+.pdf (71.5 KB, 155 views)
File Type: pdf 4 HDMI HDR HDR+.pdf (74.1 KB, 145 views)
File Type: pdf 5 TV apps SDR.pdf (63.2 KB, 118 views)
File Type: pdf 6 TV apps HDR.pdf (60.4 KB, 148 views)
File Type: pdf 7 TV apps SDR HDR+.pdf (72.5 KB, 104 views)
File Type: pdf 8 TV apps HDR HDR+.pdf (75.3 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by ThaBEN; 01-09-2020 at 01:49 AM.
post #36818 of 37006 Old 01-09-2020, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBEN View Post
Last week i had to factory reset my TV. I documented all my picture settings for all modes before doing the factory reset. I gathered these settings in the past few years from this forum and other sources. I do believe these are the "generally agreed upon" settings that are still applicable to firmware version 1241.5

These settings are based on getting the most accurate picture quality (how the content provider wanted you to see the picture) for when your tv is not professionally calibrated. You'll only have to enter these settings once for each picture mode and your set.
Sorry,
SDR HDR
HDR HDR

I'm not understanding the reference...?
post #36819 of 37006 Old 01-09-2020, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsuke View Post
Sorry,
SDR HDR
HDR HDR

I'm not understanding the reference...?
The first one are settings when your viewing SDR content with the HDR+ (HDR PLUS) mode activated, the second one are settings when your viewing HDR content with the HDR+ (HDR PLUS) mode activated.
darsuke likes this.

Last edited by ThaBEN; 01-09-2020 at 04:05 AM.
post #36820 of 37006 Old 01-09-2020, 03:57 AM

Quote:
The first one are settings when your viewing SDR content with the HDR+ (HDR PLUS) mode activated, the second one are settings when your viewing HDR content with the HDR+ (HDR PLUS) mode activated.
Ah it's the +!
OK I got it now. Time to play
Chuck Ebby and ThaBEN like this.
post #36821 of 37006 Old 01-09-2020, 06:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:

Printed out the HDMI SDR and HDR settings and will hopefully have time to dial them in today. Thanks!
Chuck Ebby and ThaBEN like this.

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
post #36822 of 37006 Old 01-09-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
Any ideas what could be causing screen flickering, double image, and these wonderful green lines (images attached)? Just to be clear, this issue occurs even if nothing is plugged in, not even the One Connect box.
Just bumping this question as I think it may be getting lost. Any of the experts on this TV know what might be the issue? Searching on the web seems to point to either the board or the display going. Any experience with getting this serviced?
post #36823 of 37006 Old 01-09-2020, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard M Green View Post
Anyone else experiencing problems with the Disney+ App?

The app has disconnected from the Disney+ service. Launching the app only brings up a screen asking me to login or register with a six character code, similar to other codes used to link streaming services to devices.

Problem is, Disney Plus website has nowhere (as far as I can tell) to enter this code or manage external devices on the site.

Both Samsung and Disney tech support seem to have no answer or understanding of the problem. I could not find any articles on Disneyplus website addressing this either.

Is Samsung TV Disney+ app simply broken?

-------------------------------

Also, noticed that many apps become unresponsive from time to time, requiring a soft reboot of the TV to restore them.
I am consistently crashing out of Disney+ with a 1016 error message. I spent 45 minutes with Samsung customer service last night, ultimately doing a smart hub reset and reinstalling all of my apps (not fun), including Disney +. It worked for one day and now back to the same error screen when I sign in. Anyone else getting this?
post #36824 of 37006 Old 01-09-2020, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Just bumping this question as I think it may be getting lost. Any of the experts on this TV know what might be the issue? Searching on the web seems to point to either the board or the display going. Any experience with getting this serviced?

no idea about the costs but if it even happens without the one connect box connected it points to some internal board... get quotes from Samsung or 3rd party Service companies..
post #36825 of 37006 Old 01-10-2020, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Had settled on Movie settings from several softwares back and not messed with settings because I was happy. Just out of curiosity, I entered the HDMI HDR+ settings for SDR and HDR and am testing them out now. Almost everything I watch now is on a 4k Fire TV.

I had thought that HDR+ was an option of the past for me but I do like the results so far with kbyakko's settings. Are these settings that kbyakko came up with after 1241? Watching underwater scenes from HDR10 Aquaman at about the 25 minute mark the 3d illusions are impressive given that this is strictly a 2d set.

I guess now I'll need to take a look at what he did with the non HDR+ settings.

post #36826 of 37006 Old 01-10-2020, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Hi there
From that second image, I'd say it is the digitiser is gone. My son's Sony tv did that and it was the digitiser, and repair guy said its not worth fixing - cheaper to replace however this was a tv not worth much.
post #36827 of 37006 Old 01-10-2020, 07:20 PM

Hello all

I've had my KS8500 for about 2yrs and everything has been great.

In the past 6-8 months, after being on for about 1.5hrs, it starts to flicker horizontally.
This happens on any input source, and is visable even on the settings OSD.
It is almost like the whole screen is moving up and down about 1cm, and happens every 15 seconds or so.
If I turn it off for about 30mins, it is usually ok for about another hour.

I've tried many setting changes found from googling and these don't change anything.

any thoughts?

Cheers
post #36828 of 37006 Old 01-10-2020, 07:24 PM

https://youtu.be/JYTkUcC-M0U this is what it looks like
post #36829 of 37006 Old 01-10-2020, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesCambridge View Post
Quote:

The app has disconnected from the Disney+ service. Launching the app only brings up a screen asking me to login or register with a six character code, similar to other codes used to link streaming services to devices.

Problem is, Disney Plus website has nowhere (as far as I can tell) to enter this code or manage external devices on the site.

Both Samsung and Disney tech support seem to have no answer or understanding of the problem. I could not find any articles on Disneyplus website addressing this either.

Also, noticed that many apps become unresponsive from time to time, requiring a soft reboot of the TV to restore them.
I am consistently crashing out of Disney+ with a 1016 error message. I spent 45 minutes with Samsung customer service last night, ultimately doing a smart hub reset and reinstalling all of my apps (not fun), including Disney +. It worked for one day and now back to the same error screen when I sign in. Anyone else getting this?
Disney+ and Plex stopped opening for me altogether. Resetting the smart hub keeps to fix it temporarily but it ends up happening again. I’ve ended up just using a Roku for now. Not sure what’s going on but it’s frustrating.
ThaBEN likes this.
post #36830 of 37006 Old 01-10-2020, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerzel_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesCambridge View Post
Quote:

Disney+ and Plex stopped opening for me altogether. Resetting the smart hub keeps to fix it temporarily but it ends up happening again. I’ve ended up just using a Roku for now. Not sure what’s going on but it’s frustrating.
Same, Roku lands tomorrow. This is really disappointing.

Most of our apps just stopped working around the new year.
ThaBEN likes this.
post #36831 of 37006 Old 01-10-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuDisM View Post
Hi there
From that second image, I'd say it is the digitiser is gone. My son's Sony tv did that and it was the digitiser, and repair guy said its not worth fixing - cheaper to replace however this was a tv not worth much.
Awesome, thanks. I am suspecting similar. I will reach out to Samsung and hammer them on it a bit, see if I can get them to warranty the TV. My unit is only two years old so this is pretty terrible for (what was really) a flagship product.
post #36832 of 37006 Old 01-11-2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Awesome, thanks. I am suspecting similar. I will reach out to Samsung and hammer them on it a bit, see if I can get them to warranty the TV. My unit is only two years old so this is pretty terrible for (what was really) a flagship product.
yeah I would too, under consumer law (well in Australia at least) you should be able to get them to replace. One should expect a top end TV to last longer than that.
post #36833 of 37006 Old 01-11-2020, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverpunk View Post
Same, Roku lands tomorrow. This is really disappointing.

Most of our apps just stopped working around the new year.

Having the same issue too, Plex, Spotify and a few other U.K. catch up services just refuse to open. Doing a soft reboot doesn’t help need to kill the power for them to launch again.

Wonder if the apps have recently updated or something? As others say seems to have only recently happen and been on the latest firmware since it dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #36834 of 37006 Old 01-11-2020, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwestbrook View Post
Having the same issue too, Plex, Spotify and a few other U.K. catch up services just refuse to open. Doing a soft reboot doesn’t help need to kill the power for them to launch again.

Wonder if the apps have recently updated or something? As others say seems to have only recently happen and been on the latest firmware since it dropped.

Add me to this list as well. Just started for me in the last few days. Oh and I'm across the pond in the US so add Netflix and YouTubeTV to the list.

Any speculation as to what is up?
post #36835 of 37006 Old 01-11-2020, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 609
I use the 2nd Gen Fire TV Cube now for all the apps. A whole lot less frustrating. Only thing it lacks is YouTube HDR but for that I have my Chromecast ulttra.

Chuck Ebby likes this.
post #36836 of 37006 Old 01-11-2020, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
I use the 2nd Gen Fire TV Cube now for all the apps. A whole lot less frustrating. Only thing it lacks is YouTube HDR but for that I have my Chromecast ulttra.

Yeah I tried the fire stick 4K wasn’t to keen on the interface needed quite a few clicks before you can open the app you want. Just prefer a more simple interface personally but it was good otherwise.

post #36837 of 37006 Old 01-11-2020, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Woke up this morning to green vertical lines on my UN55KS8000FXZA. Needless to say I am very upset. This is after having a previous problem with Samsung TVs back when they had their capacitor issue.

Service center wont repair it as they say most likely needs entirely new panel which wouldn't make sense financially.

Looking at the current offering of TVs there does not even seem to be a model as nice looking as the KS8000.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 3.02.41 PM.png
Views:	42
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	2668326  

Last edited by agent2099; 01-11-2020 at 03:08 PM.
post #36838 of 37006 Old 01-11-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent2099 View Post
Woke up this morning to green vertical lines on my UN55KS8000FXZA. Needless to say I am very upset. This is after having a previous problem with Samsung TVs back when they had their capacitor issue.

Service center wont repair it as they say most likely needs entirely new panel which wouldn't make sense financially.

Looking at the current offering of TVs there does not even seem to be a model as nice looking as the KS8000.
This looks to be about the same crap that I posted earlier. I don't understand how these panels fail like this in the absence of extremely heavy usage or physical damage. My TV was barely used, on average less than 2h per day yet it died in about 2 years.

I reached out to Samsung about it but they're not interested in doing anything. Where I live I am not aware of any consumer protection law similar to what was suggested is in place in Australia earlier above, but perhaps I'm mistaken. Either way, I might just sell or give away the TV to a repair shop and let them try to refurbish it.

I actually picked up a 65" C9 OLED to replace it now and decided to buy additional 4 years of warranty through LG Canada because of this experience with Samsung. I also get 1000 hours of coverage for burn-in, which for my watching pattern should probably be good for almost 3 years.
Terminader likes this.

Last edited by dejanh; 01-11-2020 at 08:02 PM.
post #36839 of 37006 Old 01-11-2020, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent2099 View Post

I have a 55” KS8000 and just picked up a 65” Q70. The Q70 looks nicer than the KS8000. Maybe take a look at one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Terminader and musicman0725 like this.
post #36840 of 37006 Old 01-12-2020, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Touchwood so far so good on my KS. Heavy user since I got it in 2016. On at least 3-5 hours a day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page