Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 1229 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 180208Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #36841 of 37006 Old 01-12-2020, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Terminader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Posts: 2,011
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 1684
Me too! I have a 55 and a 65 inch. Performing very well.
Chuck Ebby and musicman0725 like this.
Terminader is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #36842 of 37006 Old 01-12-2020, 10:45 AM
Member
 
da888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Pa.
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Simandl View Post
Printed out the HDMI SDR and HDR settings and will hopefully have time to dial them in today. Thanks!
I copied these as well. But I have to say, there a little to dark for me. Had to add a little contrast and backlight. What do you think ?
Chuck Ebby and ThaBEN like this.
da888 is offline  
post #36843 of 37006 Old 01-12-2020, 05:03 PM
Senior Member
 
joe75xp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 340
I have almost 20,000 hours so far and no complaints.

___________________
:49KS8000 :TX-NR757
joe75xp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #36844 of 37006 Old 01-13-2020, 09:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Sparty1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 51


Are these dead pixels? Just showed up on my screen last week.

I’ve had dead pixels on tvs in the past but only an isolated one, never in a grouping.

Thanks for any feedback!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparty1020 is offline  
post #36845 of 37006 Old 01-13-2020, 09:45 AM
Senior Member
 
dolbymandts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuDisM View Post
Hi there
From that second image, I'd say it is the digitiser is gone. My son's Sony tv did that and it was the digitiser, and repair guy said its not worth fixing - cheaper to replace however this was a tv not worth much.

I highly doubt there is a digitizer in a non touch screen .. so please check that fact
dolbymandts is offline  
post #36846 of 37006 Old 01-13-2020, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
Lonewolf7002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 678
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
Touchwood so far so good on my KS. Heavy user since I got it in 2016. On at least 3-5 hours a day!
November was three years for me, my KS8000 has been running great the whole time! I don't use the internal apps, it's basically a dumb monitor for me but it's been a pleasure to use this TV. I do a LOT of gaming on it, and watch the odd movie and it's looked fantastic since the day I got it. Sorry to hear people have been having issues with their set, since it looks so great when it works.

Samsung KS8000, Denon AVR-X3300W, Xbox One X, Samsung UBD-K8500 4K bluray player, Himedia Q5 Pro android box
Lonewolf7002 is offline  
post #36847 of 37006 Old 01-13-2020, 02:17 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All.. my first post here! Thanks to all of you who give your time to help like me

So having an issue with UN65KS8000FXZA, that I believe is a panel issue (unfortunately), and just trying one last time to see if it can be salvaged.

Had it about 3 years and its been working fine, then one day started getting picture ghosting/flickering and horizontal lines (see video gif attached).

I called Samsung Support and they went through all the standard basic troubleshooting steps (checking firmware up to date (yes v1241.5), turning off eco settings etc). Then they advised a full reset. Didnt help any. I bought replacement boards and swapped them out as well as the ribbon cables, neither fixed the issue.

From fairly extensive research it seems to be a panel issue, which of course means the TV can basically be junked. Anything else i should look at?

TIA!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ezgif.com-resize.gif
Views:	65
Size:	5.60 MB
ID:	2669474  
essbee663 is offline  
post #36848 of 37006 Old 01-13-2020, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
pg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe75xp View Post
I have almost 20,000 hours so far and no complaints.
Is there some internal count that we can access?
pg22 is offline  
post #36849 of 37006 Old 01-13-2020, 03:34 PM
Senior Member
 
joe75xp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Yeah, the service menu will show you hours.

___________________
:49KS8000 :TX-NR757
joe75xp is offline  
post #36850 of 37006 Old 01-13-2020, 04:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by essbee663 View Post
Hi All.. my first post here! Thanks to all of you who give your time to help like me

So having an issue with UN65KS8000FXZA, that I believe is a panel issue (unfortunately), and just trying one last time to see if it can be salvaged.

Had it about 3 years and its been working fine, then one day started getting picture ghosting/flickering and horizontal lines (see video gif attached).

I called Samsung Support and they went through all the standard basic troubleshooting steps (checking firmware up to date (yes v1241.5), turning off eco settings etc). Then they advised a full reset. Didnt help any. I bought replacement boards and swapped them out as well as the ribbon cables, neither fixed the issue.

From fairly extensive research it seems to be a panel issue, which of course means the TV can basically be junked. Anything else i should look at?

TIA!
that looks an awful look like what my same tv is starting to do.....
GuDisM is offline  
post #36851 of 37006 Old 01-13-2020, 08:30 PM
Member
 
gmdodt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 22
For those saying apps like disney plus or plex arent working. I had the same issue. Did the whole factory reset and worked for a very short period. When i started having the problem again I launched the TV+ or whatever app that is called that broadcasts live tv over antenna and then went to apps and they all worked. Almost like something that needs to reset the apps. May be worth a try
gmdodt is offline  
post #36852 of 37006 Old 01-13-2020, 11:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdodt View Post
For those saying apps like disney plus or plex arent working. I had the same issue. Did the whole factory reset and worked for a very short period. When i started having the problem again I launched the TV+ or whatever app that is called that broadcasts live tv over antenna and then went to apps and they all worked. Almost like something that needs to reset the apps. May be worth a try
**Ignore the below, the issue has just come back!**

Thanks for the feedback. Mines been ok for the last 2 days also. What I did was unplug the tv for around 10 minutes then when I plugged it back in all apps worked apart from the Samsung App Store which seemed to be frozen on a black screen (not sure if it forced an update etc). Then I powered it off for a further 10 minutes and once it powered back on it’s been ok for about 2 days now. Might be worth a try if your having the issue and will post back if the issue returns.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by danwestbrook; 01-14-2020 at 12:42 AM.
danwestbrook is offline  
post #36853 of 37006 Old 01-14-2020, 12:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by essbee663 View Post
Hi All.. my first post here! Thanks to all of you who give your time to help like me

So having an issue with UN65KS8000FXZA, that I believe is a panel issue (unfortunately), and just trying one last time to see if it can be salvaged.

Had it about 3 years and its been working fine, then one day started getting picture ghosting/flickering and horizontal lines (see video gif attached).

I called Samsung Support and they went through all the standard basic troubleshooting steps (checking firmware up to date (yes v1241.5), turning off eco settings etc). Then they advised a full reset. Didnt help any. I bought replacement boards and swapped them out as well as the ribbon cables, neither fixed the issue.

From fairly extensive research it seems to be a panel issue, which of course means the TV can basically be junked. Anything else i should look at?

TIA!
That's the exact same problem as mine that I posted a couple of pages back. Looks like the panel is busted. Real shame. In my case everything about the TV is pristine. I don't think that it had more than 2000 hours of use. Unfortunately, unless you want to donate it to a repair shop, it does look like it's junk.
dejanh is online now  
post #36854 of 37006 Old 01-15-2020, 11:23 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwestbrook View Post
**Ignore the below, the issue has just come back!**

Thanks for the feedback. Mines been ok for the last 2 days also. What I did was unplug the tv for around 10 minutes then when I plugged it back in all apps worked apart from the Samsung App Store which seemed to be frozen on a black screen (not sure if it forced an update etc). Then I powered it off for a further 10 minutes and once it powered back on it’s been ok for about 2 days now. Might be worth a try if your having the issue and will post back if the issue returns.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same problem. Only Netflix and prime are working. Hbo go and app store aren't.
I had same problem an did factory reset but it returned. I think it is some update of app store because i got new hbo app.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
grgic84 is offline  
post #36855 of 37006 Old 01-15-2020, 08:07 PM
Member
 
agent2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
This looks to be about the same crap that I posted earlier. I don't understand how these panels fail like this in the absence of extremely heavy usage or physical damage. My TV was barely used, on average less than 2h per day yet it died in about 2 years.

I reached out to Samsung about it but they're not interested in doing anything. Where I live I am not aware of any consumer protection law similar to what was suggested is in place in Australia earlier above, but perhaps I'm mistaken. Either way, I might just sell or give away the TV to a repair shop and let them try to refurbish it.

I actually picked up a 65" C9 OLED to replace it now and decided to buy additional 4 years of warranty through LG Canada because of this experience with Samsung. I also get 1000 hours of coverage for burn-in, which for my watching pattern should probably be good for almost 3 years.
So Update!

I reached out to Samsung via the phone and initially they did nothing. Then looking through some of the posts on this form someone recommended contacting Samsung though their online forums and private messaging a moderator. This worked!

They set up an appointment and provided a one time out of warranty panel replacement.

I hope I get at least 3 years out of this new panel. At least 6 years is more reasonable than 3! I can almost swallow 6 (but not really) since at least the tech will have improved considerably by then. The TVs nowadays are not offering anything compelling compared to what was available in 2014. However considering these KS8000 are high end models they should be lasting 10-15 years minimum.
agent2099 is offline  
post #36856 of 37006 Old 01-15-2020, 11:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hi

i have UN55KS8000FXZA the last update i get 1241 there is 1241.5 how can i update to 1241.5 i download the update with no luck to update i got meassge that iam on the last update

can you please give me the proper link for my tv

thanks aloot
ali jameel is offline  
post #36857 of 37006 Old 01-16-2020, 02:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali jameel View Post
hi



i have UN55KS8000FXZA the last update i get 1241 there is 1241.5 how can i update to 1241.5 i download the update with no luck to update i got meassge that iam on the last update



can you please give me the proper link for my tv



thanks aloot


That is the same update as far as I’m aware you can disregard the .5 at the end you are on the latest update.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danwestbrook is offline  
post #36858 of 37006 Old 01-16-2020, 02:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgic84 View Post
I have the same problem. Only Netflix and prime are working. Hbo go and app store aren't.
I had same problem an did factory reset but it returned. I think it is some update of app store because i got new hbo app.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk


Mines also is still not working correctly, what I’ve found and I’m sure someone else posted earlier is if you open the application from the Samsung App Store it still works rather then trying to launch them direct.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danwestbrook is offline  
post #36859 of 37006 Old 01-16-2020, 02:55 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I can't open Samsung app store, I just get black screen.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
grgic84 is offline  
post #36860 of 37006 Old 01-16-2020, 06:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgic84 View Post
I can't open Samsung app store, I just get black screen.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk


I also had that, unplug the TV for around 10 minutes and try again! Not sure if it’s a permanent fix but helped me until hopefully Samsung fix this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danwestbrook is offline  
post #36861 of 37006 Old 01-16-2020, 09:58 AM
Newbie
 
Soulstoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I'm listing my KS8500 for sale and I'm wondering what a fair price would be?

I have it listed for $1300CAD, and have offers from $900-1000CAD. TV is in perfect condition with no issues and definitely less than 10,000 hours use.
Soulstoner is offline  
post #36862 of 37006 Old 01-16-2020, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Robert Simandl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: St. Peters, MO
Posts: 3,279
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by da888 View Post
I copied these as well. But I have to say, there a little to dark for me. Had to add a little contrast and backlight. What do you think ?
4K HDR content from my Roku ultra still seems dull. However, 4K HDR content from my 4K BD player looks great. Never had that happen before. With all previous firmwares, the same settings worked fine for both.
Not sure what to think?

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
Robert Simandl is offline  
post #36863 of 37006 Old 01-16-2020, 11:53 AM
Member
 
WinterX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
KS8000 works worse and worse. Its menu was snappy after 1240 but after the latest firmware it's pretty slow.


Any good HDR settings for gaming? I get washed out image in HDR. Colors are terrible in HDR IMO. Setting RGB in SDR gives much better colors.
WinterX is offline  
post #36864 of 37006 Old 01-16-2020, 12:04 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent2099 View Post
So Update!

I reached out to Samsung via the phone and initially they did nothing. Then looking through some of the posts on this form someone recommended contacting Samsung though their online forums and private messaging a moderator. This worked!

They set up an appointment and provided a one time out of warranty panel replacement.

I hope I get at least 3 years out of this new panel. At least 6 years is more reasonable than 3! I can almost swallow 6 (but not really) since at least the tech will have improved considerably by then. The TVs nowadays are not offering anything compelling compared to what was available in 2014. However considering these KS8000 are high end models they should be lasting 10-15 years minimum.
awesome Do you happen to recall the name of the mod you contacted? Being as they did it once, they might be inclined to do it again instead of trying to convince someone else...
essbee663 is offline  
post #36865 of 37006 Old 01-16-2020, 01:36 PM
Member
 
da888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Pa.
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Simandl View Post
4K HDR content from my Roku ultra still seems dull. However, 4K HDR content from my 4K BD player looks great. Never had that happen before. With all previous firmwares, the same settings worked fine for both.
Not sure what to think?
Yeah I guess it still comes down to personnel likes and dislikes. I turned on the HDR mode and it was really bright. But I hardly ever get 4k streaming.
da888 is offline  
post #36866 of 37006 Old 01-17-2020, 12:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent2099 View Post
So Update!

I reached out to Samsung via the phone and initially they did nothing. Then looking through some of the posts on this form someone recommended contacting Samsung though their online forums and private messaging a moderator. This worked!

They set up an appointment and provided a one time out of warranty panel replacement.

I hope I get at least 3 years out of this new panel. At least 6 years is more reasonable than 3! I can almost swallow 6 (but not really) since at least the tech will have improved considerably by then. The TVs nowadays are not offering anything compelling compared to what was available in 2014. However considering these KS8000 are high end models they should be lasting 10-15 years minimum.
That is amazing. I was not able to get any concession from Samsung, but maybe this is a Canada vs. America thing. Canada always gets shafted. While I would have preferred not to spend the money, I'm very happy with my 65" C9 OLED now.
dejanh is online now  
post #36867 of 37006 Old 01-17-2020, 12:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstoner View Post
I'm listing my KS8500 for sale and I'm wondering what a fair price would be?

I have it listed for $1300CAD, and have offers from $900-1000CAD. TV is in perfect condition with no issues and definitely less than 10,000 hours use.
If it's 55" then definitely sub $1000 CAD. You can buy a 55" Q80R brand new for about $1,400 CAD. 65" would probably be somewhere around a $1000 CAD.
dejanh is online now  
post #36868 of 37006 Old 01-17-2020, 01:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Simandl View Post
4K HDR content from my Roku ultra still seems dull. However, 4K HDR content from my 4K BD player looks great. Never had that happen before. With all previous firmwares, the same settings worked fine for both.
Not sure what to think?
Dull how? Soft image? Are both using the same HDMI cable type? Have you switched everything around to check for any other factors?
Diocletian is offline  
post #36869 of 37006 Old 01-17-2020, 05:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterX View Post
KS8000 works worse and worse. Its menu was snappy after 1240 but after the latest firmware it's pretty slow.


Any good HDR settings for gaming? I get washed out image in HDR. Colors are terrible in HDR IMO. Setting RGB in SDR gives much better colors.

You could try THESE.
ThaBEN is offline  
post #36870 of 37006 Old 01-17-2020, 07:51 AM
Newbie
 
Soulstoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
If it's 55" then definitely sub $1000 CAD. You can buy a 55" Q80R brand new for about $1,400 CAD. 65" would probably be somewhere around a $1000 CAD.
Yeah, it's 65". Thanks for the input!
Soulstoner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off