Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 1238 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 180299Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #37111 of 37144 Old 06-21-2020, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,122
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
I'm just a little paranoid of burn in and having to even think about it.

Barely a thing. I was so afraid of it when I had 2 Plasmas and only once did I ever encounter it.
Ran the built in pattern for an hour and it fixed itself.
Do you watch a lot of network or cable news where the logo stays static?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elisha is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #37112 of 37144 Old 06-21-2020, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Chuck_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
Barely a thing. I was so afraid of it when I had 2 Plasmas and only once did I ever encounter it.
Ran the built in pattern for an hour and it fixed itself.
Do you watch a lot of network or cable news where the logo stays static?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not news but a lot of shows that have the fixed logos in certain areas.

I think the only way I would do it is if I got the 5 yr BestBuy plan that covers burn in, but they want over $300 for that plan, on the LG, which is really steep.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck_IV is offline  
post #37113 of 37144 Old 06-21-2020, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,122
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Not news but a lot of shows that have the fixed logos in certain areas.

I think the only way I would do it is if I got the 5 yr BestBuy plan that covers burn in, but they want over $300 for that plan, on the LG, which is really steep.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s normally a pixel shift type feature that moves pixels up, down, left, and right every few minutes. Or you can run the pattern at night with a sleep timer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elisha is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #37114 of 37144 Old 06-21-2020, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
pg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwestbrook View Post
Just brought a Samsung Smart TV remote BN59-01311G for my KS8000 and can confirm it works fine apart from the app shortcuts at the bottom well worth the £28 I picked it up for from eBay “feels like a new TV”. Must be my third remote I’ve brought as I find the buttons go a bit funny after a couple of years.Attachment 2745978


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


danwestbrook likes this.
pg22 is offline  
post #37115 of 37144 Old 06-22-2020, 04:25 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I did a search but could not find the answer for my question, i hope you guys can help me answer it before i do a purchase i will regret.

I have a KS8000 TV and would like to get the HW-Q90R, i usually watch Netflix or movies from HDD.
Is it possible to play ATMOS or TrueHD / DTS-HD / 5.1? using the Netflix app or HDD.

I found some information saying that the KS serie does not support ATMOS but is that also the case when you put the TV in bitstream passthrough?
jackzonztyl is offline  
post #37116 of 37144 Old 06-22-2020, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,522
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
At this point if I had to replace my KS, I would get an LG OLED. No point buying a non DV set!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know there have been lots of complaints about Samsung for all sorts of reasons. But to be honest if Samsung starts to support DV I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Nvidia Shield TV (2019) | Fire TV Stick 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is offline  
post #37117 of 37144 Old 06-22-2020, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,522
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzonztyl View Post
I did a search but could not find the answer for my question, i hope you guys can help me answer it before i do a purchase i will regret.

I have a KS8000 TV and would like to get the HW-Q90R, i usually watch Netflix or movies from HDD.
Is it possible to play ATMOS or TrueHD / DTS-HD / 5.1? using the Netflix app or HDD.

I found some information saying that the KS serie does not support ATMOS but is that also the case when you put the TV in bitstream passthrough?
The KS range of TV's can only output DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Nvidia Shield TV (2019) | Fire TV Stick 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is offline  
post #37118 of 37144 Old 06-22-2020, 10:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
The KS range of TV's can only output DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1.
Thank you, is that DTS HD / TrueHD or the lossy DTS?
I wonder if i can solve this by getting a Nvidia shield connected to the soundbar and the soundbar to TV with HDMI?
jackzonztyl is offline  
post #37119 of 37144 Old 06-22-2020, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,522
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzonztyl View Post
Thank you, is that DTS HD / TrueHD or the lossy DTS?
I wonder if i can solve this by getting a Nvidia shield connected to the soundbar and the soundbar to TV with HDMI?
Lossy DTS and lossy DD

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Nvidia Shield TV (2019) | Fire TV Stick 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is offline  
post #37120 of 37144 Old 06-22-2020, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
Lonewolf7002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 711
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
Barely a thing. I was so afraid of it when I had 2 Plasmas and only once did I ever encounter it.
Ran the built in pattern for an hour and it fixed itself.
Do you watch a lot of network or cable news where the logo stays static?
If something ever happened to my KS8000 and I HAD to replace it I would love to get an LG OLED as well, but the possibility of burn in would likely stop me. I don't watch network or cable news (I don't even have cable) but I do play a LOT of video games lol. So I'd be worried about burn in. Fortunately my KS8000 is running perfect, better than the day I brought it home. With luck I'll have it for a very long time.

Samsung KS8000, Denon AVR-X3300W, Xbox One X, Samsung UBD-K8500 4K bluray player, Himedia Q5 Pro android box
Lonewolf7002 is offline  
post #37121 of 37144 Old 06-22-2020, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,122
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf7002 View Post
If something ever happened to my KS8000 and I HAD to replace it I would love to get an LG OLED as well, but the possibility of burn in would likely stop me. I don't watch network or cable news (I don't even have cable) but I do play a LOT of video games lol. So I'd be worried about burn in. Fortunately my KS8000 is running perfect, better than the day I brought it home. With luck I'll have it for a very long time.

Yeah mine is running perfect for almost 4 years now. And we watch tv heavily. Especially since March with the school shutdown, it’s been on at least 10-15 hours a day either on Xbox, Netflix, or physical media!
If it dies, I’ll get whatever OLED that can do built in DV with the highest peak brightness. Too bad Panasonic is hard to get in Canada!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck Ebby and Lonewolf7002 like this.
Elisha is offline  
post #37122 of 37144 Old 06-22-2020, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
Yeah mine is running perfect for almost 4 years now. And we watch tv heavily. Especially since March with the school shutdown, it’s been on at least 10-15 hours a day either on Xbox, Netflix, or physical media!
If it dies, I’ll get whatever OLED that can do built in DV with the highest peak brightness. Too bad Panasonic is hard to get in Canada!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been a long while KS8000 thread! Also going strong for almost 4 years now, with heavy Netflix and HTPC usage. The HTPC part makes me worry about burn-in, as sometimes I’ll browse the web, and other times I’ll forget to turn off the TV when Windows is running. I also usually watch in a well-lit room, so I don’t know if the benefits of OLED are enough to counter the worry and hassle of burn-in.

I *am* intrigued about 8k—not so much for TV/movie watching but more for PC/productivity use. If 8k prices come down enough by the time I’m ready/forced to upgrade, I may go that route just for the coolness of it.
Chuck Ebby likes this.
frisbfreek is offline  
post #37123 of 37144 Old 06-22-2020, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
 
dolbymandts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf7002 View Post
If something ever happened to my KS8000 and I HAD to replace it I would love to get an LG OLED as well, but the possibility of burn in would likely stop me.

I had burn in on my Samsung S7 after only one year (task bar up top).. bugged me to no end .. so on a TV it would drive me crazy
Lonewolf7002 likes this.
dolbymandts is offline  
post #37124 of 37144 Old 06-23-2020, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
Lonewolf7002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 711
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
Yeah mine is running perfect for almost 4 years now. And we watch tv heavily. Especially since March with the school shutdown, it’s been on at least 10-15 hours a day either on Xbox, Netflix, or physical media!
My KS8000 has been on quite a lot more lately too. I work from home 2-3 days a week, and I have my computer hooked up to it, so it's been on all day long, plus video games in the evening. 10-15 hours at a time is a reasonable estimate. Weekends, when I'm not out hiking, the TV and computer is on for music or games or something. It's been a very solid TV and I love it every day lol

Samsung KS8000, Denon AVR-X3300W, Xbox One X, Samsung UBD-K8500 4K bluray player, Himedia Q5 Pro android box
Lonewolf7002 is offline  
post #37125 of 37144 Old 06-23-2020, 06:57 PM
Newbie
 
bparks115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My KS8000 randomly lost two picture settings, Movie and Natural. Tried unplugging, tried resetting, tried updating to 1242. Nothing worked. Those settings are just gone. Anybody else experiencing this?
bparks115 is offline  
post #37126 of 37144 Old 06-23-2020, 09:28 PM
Member
 
Take Two's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bparks115 View Post
My KS8000 randomly lost two picture settings, Movie and Natural. Tried unplugging, tried resetting, tried updating to 1242. Nothing worked. Those settings are just gone. Anybody else experiencing this?
Hey bparks115,

Try this out and see if this works:

“If you only see two options (Standard and Dynamic), then you are in a special "PC mode". To exit PC mode, press Home --> Source --> (highlight your input) --> press up (to select "^") --> Edit --> select something *other than* PC under "Device Icon" --> OK. See the "Connecting a PC" section for more information.”

This info was taken from the AVS Official Samsung KS8000 KS8500 Owners’ Information pdf link which is found in the first post, on the first page of this thread.

I hope that this helps in solving your problem.
Terminader likes this.
Take Two is offline  
post #37127 of 37144 Old 06-24-2020, 12:44 PM
Newbie
 
Enigma735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Welp, 3.5 years in and I got the dreaded vertical purple lines of death. Since it’s out of warranty I suppose I’m screwed. To anyone who owns a KS8000, this looks like an issue with the entire range and not a matter of if, but when.
Chuck_IV likes this.
Enigma735 is offline  
post #37128 of 37144 Old 06-24-2020, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Chuck_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma735 View Post
Welp, 3.5 years in and I got the dreaded vertical purple lines of death. Since it’s out of warranty I suppose I’m screwed. To anyone who owns a KS8000, this looks like an issue with the entire range and not a matter of if, but when.

Go to the Samsung boards and PM the mod there. He has requested info from people in the two(that I have found) mega threads on this issue. Since you are out of warranty, it can’t hurt to try and see if they are owning up to this issue.

If you read back a bit, it just happened to me too(I just have the vertical ghosting/duplicate image) but I had bought a SQ warranty from Costco(even though I bought it from Best Buy) and they reimbursed me for the full price(minus tax) since COVID has limited their supply of replacement TVs.

It’s a shame Samsung isn’t doing something for us. It’s obviously a serious reliability issue across the entire KS8000 line and is becoming more widespread. 3 yrs is way too short for this to be happening to this many people.

I ended up with a Sony(X950H) this time around since I was gun shy about buying another Samsung. You can be sure I will be buying another Costco SQ warranty too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mkard likes this.
Chuck_IV is offline  
post #37129 of 37144 Old 06-26-2020, 06:54 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi, folks! My UN65KS8000 just started having issues with the image shifting up, distorting, and messing with color temperature. It blinks between this and normal once a second or so. Seems like an utterly bizarre failure mode. Any ideas what's going on or how to fix it?
Tulrin is offline  
post #37130 of 37144 Old 06-26-2020, 06:54 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Sorry, needed to hit 5 posts to include the video.

This happened suddenly, about 10 minutes ago. Video of the issue. Note that the lower color temperature is the correct one -- I have f.lux set up. Happens even on built-in apps and menus; it's not my computer.

And as I've typed this, the frequency of blinking just increased. I'm going to turn it off now.
Tulrin is offline  
post #37131 of 37144 Old 06-28-2020, 11:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Chuck_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulrin View Post
Sorry, needed to hit 5 posts to include the video.

This happened suddenly, about 10 minutes ago. Video of the issue. Note that the lower color temperature is the correct one -- I have f.lux set up. Happens even on built-in apps and menus; it's not my computer.

And as I've typed this, the frequency of blinking just increased. I'm going to turn it off now.

It's the same issue myself and MANY have had with this set(see the Samsung boards). There's not much you can do although I did see some video o YouTube where some soldered some tiny little resistors or something like that and fixed it.


Otherwise it seems Samsung doesn't seem to care. try the suggestion I mentioned above about messaging the mod on the Samsung board. It can't hurt.
Chuck_IV is offline  
post #37132 of 37144 Old 06-29-2020, 08:13 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
It's the same issue myself and MANY have had with this set(see the Samsung boards). There's not much you can do although I did see some video o YouTube where some soldered some tiny little resistors or something like that and fixed it.


Otherwise it seems Samsung doesn't seem to care. try the suggestion I mentioned above about messaging the mod on the Samsung board. It can't hurt.
Oh jeez. Thank you so much! Found the Samsung board thread (future readers: see here). Here's hoping they'll repair it outside of warranty. Utterly absurd that a high-end set from a major manufacturer would only last 3 years.
Chuck_IV and frisbfreek like this.
Tulrin is offline  
post #37133 of 37144 Old 06-29-2020, 08:24 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Tbh I'd never buy OLED again, I watched rtings and they said it takes a thousand hours to see burn in if a single image is on the screen constantly..... no. I've got burn in after two months of using it as a PC monitor, and I've got a screen saver that comes on after a few mins.

OLED sucks.

I just wish'd my KS8000 didn't get light bleed from the bottom and part of the sides, I swear it's glue slowly giving way that causes it.
Greenstumps is offline  
post #37134 of 37144 Old 06-29-2020, 08:34 AM
Member
 
jnashtoshiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: md
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bparks115 View Post
My KS8000 randomly lost two picture settings, Movie and Natural. Tried unplugging, tried resetting, tried updating to 1242. Nothing worked. Those settings are just gone. Anybody else experiencing this?
Mine will get 'stuck' in Game Mode frequently.

I cannot update firmware - says nothing is there
I tried reset
I also can't adjust volume
I can't turn on remote support (for samsung) - it will click on ON but then stays on OFF

I have to unplug the tv and one connect several times before I can get it off the stuck Game Mode - and even then, I can't do much in the menus because nothing 'sticks'

I've also tried USB updates but nothing found - (I know it used to work - so somethings up with it, it won't even see images on the USB stick anymore)

I've also tried an identical One Connect replacement, no avail there either.

Bummed, because it works, but when it gets stuck in Game Mode, the picture is very dim and dark and I can change anything.
jnashtoshiba is offline  
post #37135 of 37144 Old 06-29-2020, 11:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Chuck_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulrin View Post
Oh jeez. Thank you so much! Found the Samsung board thread (future readers: see here). Here's hoping they'll repair it outside of warranty. Utterly absurd that a high-end set from a major manufacturer would only last 3 years.

FYI, there is more than one thread over there. There is one on the screen flickering/ double image and there is also one on the screen turning into colored bars permanently, which is a more extreme symptom. I had that happen twice but was able to get back to the flickering by powering off/on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck_IV is offline  
post #37136 of 37144 Old 06-30-2020, 05:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Is the Disney+ app on this TV still limited to 1080p/SDR? I know it was broken for a while, then they fixed it, but did it just come back the same as it was before it broke?
ThaBEN likes this.
Garwoofoo is offline  
post #37137 of 37144 Old 06-30-2020, 10:34 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello guys, I need advice.
My tv (UE49KS8000TXZF) is in 1208 firmware version. I want update it but I saw bad reviews about the v.1242.
Which version of the firmware should I use and where can I download older version of the firmware ?

regards,
Mystical09 is offline  
post #37138 of 37144 Old 07-01-2020, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,522
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical09 View Post
Hello guys, I need advice.
My tv (UE49KS8000TXZF) is in 1208 firmware version. I want update it but I saw bad reviews about the v.1242.
Which version of the firmware should I use and where can I download older version of the firmware ?

regards,
I've been running 1242 for months without issue. Then again I've never had a whisper of an issue with any of the firmwares over the last four years.

BTW you can't revert to older firmwares.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Nvidia Shield TV (2019) | Fire TV Stick 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is offline  
post #37139 of 37144 Old 07-02-2020, 03:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical09 View Post
Hello guys, I need advice.
My tv (UE49KS8000TXZF) is in 1208 firmware version. I want update it but I saw bad reviews about the v.1242.
Which version of the firmware should I use and where can I download older version of the firmware ?

regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
I've been running 1242 for months without issue. Then again I've never had a whisper of an issue with any of the firmwares over the last four years.

BTW you can't revert to older firmwares.
I agree 100%. I have always installed the new firmware updates within a week after release. I can't name one thing that has gotten worse with any of the firmware updates.
There are some YouTubers with a following that claim that their picture quality has been degraded with certain firmware updates, but they are basically creating drama based on false statements just trying to get more views for their channel. You can easily identify these persons by their onorthodox picture settings (or extravagant online personas).

No offence, and each their own. But it's frustrating they're implying to be proffesionals while giving incorrect information, based on no science at all, that will definitely limit your TV's potential. Especially when they don't use any calibration tools or test patterns.

The fact that you made it to these forums means you're on the right track. It's fine to do a firmware upgrade to 1242. There are no known errors just as previous firmware upgrades

(Now i just hope that your TV won't explode while doing the firmware upgrade )
ThaBEN is offline  
post #37140 of 37144 Old 07-02-2020, 06:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hahaha ! I understand, thanks everyone for this information. I will update the firmware tonight.
Mystical09 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off