Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 159 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179702Likes

post #4741 of 36328 Old 08-08-2016, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 865 Post(s)
Liked: 1614
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab10 View Post
Set the Directv box to native or set it to 1080i only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Native Off so it doesn't change to match resolution....

Sent from my Samsung S7 Edge using Tapatalk
tab10 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4742 of 36328 Old 08-08-2016, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 24
We stream nothing as a family except Netflix, we are a physical media family....So anything 4k that we will be putting money into is the 4k uhd discs, when paying these are the problems still the same? On our LG uh8500 it's the same thing every time we pop a uhd disc in........it goes to the hdr setting we set, and all the fine tunnings every time
post #4743 of 36328 Old 08-08-2016, 09:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 12484 Post(s)
Liked: 11668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin81 View Post
If I get the ks8500 65 inch and hook it up to my Samsung uhd player will I be able to still use dynamic mode and still adjust settings while playing uhd and it remember the settings? Or will I be defaulted to movie mode and adjust from there? Is there a way to show what content im viewing via click of the remote? Other then the problems I'm having with the LG uh8500 witch are horrible( just a bad panel) The Olympics look insane......via dynamic and fine tuned
with dynamic mode, all settings can be adjusted except gamma, color space (auto/native), and white balance. Something new for 2016, is that with dynamic picture mode, dynamic contrast can now be adjusted. but basically, youre fine
Terminader likes this.

75Q9FN*55C8OLED*Galaxy S10+ *Ub820 fed into Oppo 203* XB1X* 4k Denon X4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4744 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 12:46 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Exclamation Why use Movie mode?

Most “experts” and professional TV calibrators agree that the most accurate picture mode 'out of the box' is the "Movie" mode - that is to say, it is the mode that will bring you closest to a properly calibrated display.

Calibrating a TV simply means setting it to match a set of established "standards". When your TV at home is properly calibrated, the image you see on your screen will look as close as possible to what the director of the movie or TV show saw on his monitor (e.g. the Hulk will be the same shade of green on both displays).

If you have been conditioned to seeing a cooler/bluer, more dynamic picture, the "Movie" mode will appear far too "red" and too dim at first (cooler/bluer colors appear brighter than warmer/redder ones). However, give it a few days for your eyes and brain to adjust to the new more accurate settings (trust me, they will). After a few days, if you go back to one of the more "dynamic" modes, you’ll notice that the picture will appear far too bright and too blue.

The "Movie" mode is also the preferred picture mode for viewing HDR content.

Furthermore, you should also set the "Color Tone" setting to one of the "Warm" settings. Most experts agree that the the "Warm" settings are the most accurate.

"Color Temperature" (or the temperature of "white") refers to the color of the light source that's being displayed on your screen.

In order for your TV to adhere to the director's vision, it needs to reproduce white as closely as possible to the ISF recommended D65 (Daylight 6500K) which is similar to ambient daylight at midday (on a cloudy day). D65 is the standard used throughout the film and TV world.

Again, you might find that the "Warm" settings make your picture appear too dim and to "red" (or "yellow"). But once again, your eyes/brain will adjust to the new setting in a few days. I would avoid the "Cool" mode if you want an accurate picture.

NOTE: The different "Picture Modes" are only preset modes that you use as starting points. Once you start changing different settings, regardless of which mode you started in, you have now created a new "Custom" picture mode. Additionally, some advanced settings are only available/adjustable in the "Movie" picture mode.

Now all that said, it does come back to a matter of personal preference. In the end, it's your TV and your eyes, so adjust it the way you want.

Richard
Rudy1, dogday, PlanetAVS and 10 others like this.

Last edited by King Richard; 01-30-2017 at 12:21 PM.
post #4745 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 01:01 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestoredSparda View Post
I'm getting frustrated that movies, bluray and UHD bluray at 24fps have pretty glaring judder, stutter. I prefer to have auto motion plus off as it seems to cause random stutters every couple of minutes. Without judder on at least 1 or 2 you can count the frames stuttering across the screen on panning shots in movies. I'm hoping this can be rectified with an update as motion seems to be janky for me with 24fps content.

I've read in this thread and others that "Auto Motion Plus" doesn't seem to be working correctly. (???)

Try using the "Auto Motion Plus" Custom setting and setting both "Blur Reduction" and "Judder Reduction" to '0' which will disable all 'frame interpolation'.

Try also "Blur Reduction" '10' and "Judder Reduction" '0'. This seems to work well for some.

Now about "Judder"...

Movies and most prime-time TV shows are usually recorded at 24fps; live TV, reality TV, and sports are recorded at 30fps or 60fps. If you have a Blu-ray player that can output at 24Hz/fps, I recommend using this output setting to avoid introducing 3:2 pulldown/telecine judder (also know as 'presentation judder').

However, that said, it's important to also realize that there is a different kind of 'motion judder' that is inherent in the source - especially with content that is filmed at 24fps. Movie directors can reduce the effects of 'film judder' by changing the scene and its lighting, and by reducing extreme camera motions. However, to deal with daylight action scenes, they usually resort to adding 'motion blur' by increasing camera shutter angles or exposure times. Once added, this motion blur is extremely difficult to remove.

Richard
n2speed125 and LegendarySushi like this.

Last edited by King Richard; 08-09-2016 at 02:02 AM.
post #4746 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 01:14 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedesert View Post
So is the general consensus to turn on HDMI UHD Color and just leave it on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
I've read rumours here that this bug was fixed in one of the firmware upgrades.

Someone else asked the same question a few pages back...

This was my response to him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman123 View Post
I still don't get UHD color. Is there any DOWNSIDE to keeping it on whether you need it or not? I've never seen that question answered.
It is possible (according to the User's Manual, and my own personal experience) that if it is set to "On" with a device that supports only an HD or FHD signal, the TV may not have the proper picture quality or sound. In this case, leave it "Off".

However it appears that this issue might have been fixed with a firmware update. I mentioned this in my "JS Series Picture Settings Guide" back in June [see quote below].
Quote:
If it is set to "On" with a device that supports only an HD or FHD signal, the TV may not have the proper picture quality or sound. In this case, leave it "Off". UPDATE (June 2016): It appears that this issue may have been fixed with a recent firmware update.
As long as you don't experience any problems with picture quality or have any sound issues, then you can leave it turned ON all the time if you want.

Richard
post #4747 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
If you leave your TV in "Movie" mode all the time, then you won't have to switch it every time.

(Yes, I read that you prefer "Dynamic" mode to "Movie" mode... but read on...)

Why use Movie mode?

Most “experts” and professional TV calibrators agree that the most accurate picture mode 'out of the box' is the "Movie" mode - that is to say, it is the mode that will bring you closest to a properly calibrated display.

Calibrating a TV simply means setting it to match a set of established "standards". When your TV at home is properly calibrated, the image you see on your screen will look as close as possible to what the director of the movie or TV show saw on his monitor (e.g. the Hulk will be the same shade of green on both displays).

If you have been conditioned to seeing a cooler/bluer, more dynamic picture, the "Movie" mode will appear far too "red" and too dim at first (cooler/bluer colors appear brighter than warmer/redder ones). However, give it a few days for your eyes and brain to adjust to the new more accurate settings (trust me, they will). After a few days, if you go back to one of the more "dynamic" modes, you’ll notice that the picture will appear far too bright and too blue.

Furthermore, you should also set the "Color Tone" setting to one of the "Warm" settings. Most experts agree that the the "Warm" settings are the most accurate.

"Color Temperature" (or the temperature of "white") refers to the color of the light source that's being displayed on your screen.

In order for your TV to adhere to the director's vision, it needs to reproduce white as closely as possible to the ISF recommended D65 (Daylight 6500K) which is similar to ambient daylight at midday. D65 is the standard used throughout the film and TV world.

Again, you might find that the "Warm" settings make your picture appear too dim and to "red" (or slightly "yellow"). But once again, your eyes/brain will adjust to the new setting in a few days. I would avoid the "Cool" mode if you want an accurate picture.

Now all that said, it does come back to a matter of personal preference. In the end, it's your TV and your eyes, so adjust it the way you want.

And just to clarify, this includes normal tv watching? Sports, etc?

post #4748 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 04:22 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Quote:
And just to clarify, this includes normal tv watching? Sports, etc?

Yes!

Richard
post #4749 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Yes!

Richard

Thank you!

My remaining issue is motion during soccer. The ball sometimes briefly appears as a streak and has this jitter to it.

Now it could be the directv feed. I haven't tried streaming on the NBCsn app yet.

King Richard likes this.
post #4750 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 04:51 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Thank you!

My remaining issue is motion during soccer. The ball sometimes briefly appears as a streak and has this jitter to it.

Now it could be the directv feed. I haven't tried streaming on the NBCsn app yet.

I noticed the same on NBC OTA. I turned on Digital Clean View and it seemed to help.
post #4751 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Thank you!

Highly feed dependent. Search for youtube 4k soccer videos. Some have the ball as a blur, others it's perfect. The set is capable of delivering a smooth image.
Terminader likes this.
post #4752 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Do the Samsung's have an info, Or display button that will show the current content your viewing?
post #4753 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 05:53 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
was there any kinda smart LED firmware update for light bleeding btw ?

i saw some postings blaming samsung 2016 ks series because of light bleeding (it was so bad compared to last year's models) in my local communities until april

and after samsung released new firmware update especially for smart led , there are some people that light bleeding is almost gone.

so i wonder if you guys could confirm whether it is true or not
post #4754 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Rosenberg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Another way to test to see if HDR is truly being recognized by the tv is by engaging HDR+ on the tv.

There is a FOOL PROOF way to test this too.

Using the HDR show "mad dogs" on amazon. Heres where we use amazons "slacker-ness" to our advantage. Episode 6 is NOT HDR. it got pulled earlier this year and they never brought the hdr version back, so its only in SDR.

You can test episode 6 with other HDR episodes and test how the settings react, you can use the native/auto function. on the SDR version, the NATIVE color space will provide a richer colors, and auto will be a little bit duller. on the HDR version, its the opposite, native will be dull, while auto will be more colorful.

You can also use the gamma setting test by engaging HDR+:

with episode 6, turn on HDR+.
-go to gamma
- raising gamma will have a severe effect on the picture, its unwatchable. lowering gamma will darken the picture.
- with dynamic contrast, keeping it OFF will provide the brightest picture. going to "high" will provide a very dark picture.
- play with color settings. native will be more colorful, auto will look a little duller (and thus be more correct since its mastered in 709 colors)

^^^^ the above settings will ONLY react that way when HDR+ is applied to SDR content.

Go to any other episode with mad dogs, make sure you start out in natural/standard/dynamic mode, because everyone says HDR wont engage at all unless you start out in movie mode.

-engage HDR+

-go to gamma
-raising game does NOT blowout the picture, it simply brightens it.
- using dynamic contrast, keeping it OFF will have a somewhat dark picture. the low/medium/high will brighten the picture, with high being the brightest setting, the opposite of how the dynamic contrast worked on SDR content using HDR+.
- again playing with color settings, auto will provide rec2020 colors with more color. on native, the colors will be duller, especially skin tones. with the true HDR version of mad dogs, the skins are overly red due to a grading error.

^^^the above settings react that way with all true HDR content.

also. you can also perform another test, to show that the changing of settings dont mean anything. you can do the above tests with HDR+, and lower the backlight in movie mode and HDR+, and switching back and forth between the modes will not raise your settings up automatically. they will stay where you put them. yet the tv settings listed above will still react as if the tv is displaying native HDR content. you can switch from dynamic to HDR+, or movie mode to HDR+, the settings dont snap.

IN SUMMARY

Using HDR+ on episode 6 versus any other episode of Mad Dogs will yield different results in the settings no matter what modes you start on.

Before anybody attempts to tell me im wrong, you must do these tests and get different results, then report back, thanks.
Ray, HDR+ *may*, in fact be another mode which decodes and plays HDR. Samsung seems to imply that's the case when they describe and actually somewhat recommend its use with real HDR.

"With HDR native contents, HDR+ also uncovers previously hidden images from darker content scenes, supplementing the level of brightness to express objects hidden in darker shadows. For brighter content scenes, HDR+ increases the level of contrast ratio to differentiate objects from the background, while still depicting more image details on the screen for an overall better picture."
https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...-2016-suhd-tvs

It's also, of course, another mode that remembers its settings, and another mode which has its default backlight and contrast maximized (but if these settings are lowered, it does not raise them automatically when playing HDR, nor return them to their lowered setting when it stops, like Movie mode does).

Could be a second way to play HDR, and, in fact, perhaps Samsung's recommended way? I dunno. Maybe by 2019 we will have some standards, or at least a manual that covers these features. But at least Samsung does have a press release dealing specifically with "HDR+."
Either way I get the same results. If I simply have HDMI input Channel set to UHD color everything looks great with 4K content. If I add the HDR + it over saturates the colors and adds an overwhelming amount of artificial brightness. It basically defeats any kind of tuning you did prior to that which to me pretty much makes it pointless.
King Richard likes this.
post #4755 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Guys, just want to report back on the AA02 panel. After hour of viewing the biggest difference with FA01 panel is the complete absence of the glow from the top edge light. Perhaps my FA01 was worse than others...although the glow was not always visible nor ever a distraction, it was plainly visible on some content and when there were black bars. In this regard, the AA02 is like a different set. I still think the picture may have worse viewing angles and still not sure its as good on SD content, but 4k is brilliant. Interested in other opinions on this panel versus the Sammy.
aa01 or 02 panels are from china (i guess AUO) and the major difference between aax1 panel and samsung's fa01 is a color shifting(you can definitely find this difference when you see the tv set with 30~45 degree left or right )
post #4756 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by enos316 View Post
So the message about "connect to a 4k TV blah blah" is present on all disks in your opinion? Like, just a general warning?

You are correct, there is a sub section where the XB1s will tell you what your TV can support (10 bit @ 24Hz,50Hz,60Hz,HDR,HDR 10). Now, when I first connected the thing up, I didn't have the UHD enabled on the HDMI port and I was failing that whole list. Once I enabled that, the list turned to all green check marks. So according to the Xbox the TV can support anything I can give it.

So when I boot up Netlfix, I get the message from the TV that HDR content has been recognized. This message comes up even in Game mode.

On that same Xbox, I put in a disk of The Martian (which has HDR) and I get no such message.

I've tried Game mode, movie mode, HDR+ mode, etc and I get the same results.

I've had this problem a few times and for whatever reason just closing out the blu Ray app and restarting seems to work. It seems like an issue with the app to me. Sometimes I have to do it multiple times which is aggravating but that's what you get being an early adopter. Hopefully they fix it via firmware.

King Richard likes this.
post #4757 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
If you leave your TV in "Movie" mode all the time, then you won't have to switch it every time.

(Yes, I read that you prefer "Dynamic" mode to "Movie" mode... but read on...)

Why use Movie mode?

In order for your TV to adhere to the director's vision, it needs to reproduce white as closely as possible to the ISF recommended D65 (Daylight 6500K) which is similar to ambient daylight at midday. D65 is the standard used throughout the film and TV world.

Again, you might find that the "Warm" settings make your picture appear too dim and to "red" (or slightly "yellow"). But once again, your eyes/brain will adjust to the new setting in a few days. I would avoid the "Cool" mode if you want an accurate picture.

King Richard, your excellent and informative posts have inspired me to move toward Movie mode (at its default settings, at that:-) for all of my viewing. I say "toward" because sometimes my brain still rebels and I want a more glaring picture. But I used to use Dynamic almost exclusively and now I only use that picture mode for animation -- sometimes - and in the afternoon and early evening if I've had too much coffee. I do sometimes use the other modes, but I always remember what you (and others) have said about the accuracy of Movie mode and how those of us who are used to store displays will adjust to this more accurate calibration.

Let me add that installing a little bias lighting makes a big difference in this more subtle mode.
http://www.howtogeek.com/213464/how-...bias-lighting/
King Richard and mrtickleuk like this.

-----
2016 Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49KS8000
2016 Samsung K8500 UHD BD Player x 2
2016 Samsung HW-K550/SWA-8000S 5.1
2016 Pioneer SC-LX701- AudioSource AMP100VS Atmos/DTS:X 7.1.4

Last edited by Larry Rosenberg; 08-09-2016 at 06:36 AM.
post #4758 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 06:58 AM

Liked: 4
Anyone else having an issue with their info on the smart hub disappearing? By that, i mean when i go to netflix or amazon, everything has been cleared when i move the cursor to the app. There aren't any recommendations or items for me to look at. My only fix has been to reset the smart hub.

My only apps are netflix, amazon, youtube, and hbo go.
post #4759 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 07:03 AM

Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread

My television sits in an entertainment center with two piers on each side with a bridge on top connecting the two.

Will I still benefit from bias lighting? Recommended number of strips for the 65 in version? Or is a lamp behind the set perhaps better?

Last edited by tab10; 08-09-2016 at 07:12 AM.
post #4760 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Quoted: 1957 Post(s)
Liked: 3254
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyo21 View Post
Anyone else having an issue with their info on the smart hub disappearing? By that, i mean when i go to netflix or amazon, everything has been cleared when i move the cursor to the app. There aren't any recommendations or items for me to look at. My only fix has been to reset the smart hub.

My only apps are netflix, amazon, youtube, and hbo go.
What is your firmware version? Do the icons for the inputs still show up?

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #4761 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
What is your firmware version? Do the icons for the inputs still show up?
Its the most recent one because i tried updating it last night but it was up to date. There aren't any icons for the inputs either.

As for the hub, the icons are still there. But i have no pictures or info on display once i look at an icon.
post #4762 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k983837 View Post
Quote:
Guys, just want to report back on the AA02 panel. After hour of viewing the biggest difference with FA01 panel is the complete absence of the glow from the top edge light. Perhaps my FA01 was worse than others...although the glow was not always visible nor ever a distraction, it was plainly visible on some content and when there were black bars. In this regard, the AA02 is like a different set. I still think the picture may have worse viewing angles and still not sure its as good on SD content, but 4k is brilliant. Interested in other opinions on this panel versus the Sammy.
aa01 or 02 panels are from china (i guess AUO) and the major difference between aax1 panel and samsung's fa01 is a color shifting(you can definitely find this difference when you see the tv set with 30~45 degree left or right )
Perhaps a little worse angle on the aa02 but infinitely better with respect to no glow. Black bars are much better in a dark room. Picture overall is as good as the fao1. What are your impressions aside from the viewing angle?
post #4763 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 244
For those who may be interested in the 60" version with an EA01 panel...........after watching it for the last 3 days, I can see no issues that would affect my decision on whether I would keep the panel or not. So far, so good but I'm no video expert by no means, just typical viewer that likes the best in quality for what I have. Blacks are very rich, colors very pleasing, light bleed and blooming are virtually non-existant. It appears to handle motion very well and judder is minimal as with most sets. It does however, suffer when viewing from off-center but not terrible either. At the moment, I am still experimenting with various picture modes and settings but tend to prefer "Natural" the most.
King Richard likes this.
post #4764 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 07:38 AM

Btw the au002 is from auo opttonics, a major Taiwanese company that specializes in lcd panels and makes their own quantum dot displays. 4K tested the Samsung panel lottery panels last year and the auo was the best overall.
jeep05 likes this.
post #4765 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Quoted: 1957 Post(s)
Liked: 3254
Quote:
Its the most recent one because i tried updating it last night but it was up to date. There aren't any icons for the inputs either.

As for the hub, the icons are still there. But i have no pictures or info on display once i look at an icon.
I had the same issue right after a recent firmware update (to version 1121.1). I resolved it by briefly unplugging the TV, but it could be a bug in the firmware. I would suggest that you contact Samsung support chat and open a ticket as well so that it is documented for their software engineers.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #4766 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 35
[QUOTE=goyo21;45924209]Anyone else having an issue with their info on the smart hub disappearing? By that, i mean when i go to netflix or amazon, everything has been cleared when i move the cursor to the app. There aren't any recommendations or items for me to look at. My only fix has been to reset the smart hub.

My only apps are netflix, amazon, youtube, and hbo go.[/QUOT

Yes, Happens to me also. The only way to correct this is to reset the smart hub in the advance settings. I've have to reset it several times already. Plus I am on the latest firmware 1121.1
King Richard likes this.
post #4767 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Perhaps a little worse angle on the aa02 but infinitely better with respect to no glow. Black bars are much better in a dark room. Picture overall is as good as the fao1. What are your impressions aside from the viewing angle?
Hello, can you clarify which is which in your comparisons? Which has the better angle? Which has better black bars?
post #4768 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
I have, on my 65KS8500. With the TV off, you would press [mute] > [1] > [8] > [2] > [power] . If you did the sequence at the right speed, your TV will power on with the white SUHD logo and the service menu will come up after a 10-15 second delay. I usually have to repeat the sequence like 5-6 times before I get the timing right.

From the menu list, go to SVC > RESET > APPS RESET. It takes about a minute to reset the app. Press the power button to turn off the TV. Turn it back on and all the apps would have disappeared. Go to APPS and reinstall VUDU. Should only take you a few minutes to do this yourself. You do need an older Samsung controller (with the full buttons) to do this.

WARNING! Accessing the Service Menu and any modifications ("hacks") made therein has the potential to "brick" your TV set and void your warranty! DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
is that light bleed at the bottom of right corner ?

it looks terrible tho , did you take the shot turned on smart led ?

just curious
post #4769 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
I had the same issue right after a recent firmware update (to version 1121.1). I resolved it by briefly unplugging the TV, but it could be a bug in the firmware. I would suggest that you contact Samsung support chat and open a ticket as well so that it is documented for their software engineers.
Thanks! I'll try the unplugging and if it keeps up i'll just contact samsung. Definitely feels like its a bug.

[quote=HoundBaby;45925457]
Quote:
Yes, Happens to me also. The only way to correct this is to reset the smart hub in the advance settings. I've have to reset it several times already. Plus I am on the latest firmware 1121.1
Its getting really frustrating having to enter my login to my various apps every time i reset haha. But other than that, its an awesome tv.
Terminader likes this.
post #4770 of 36328 Old 08-09-2016, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Thank you!

I've heard three people here mention the soccer ball jitter, which I have on Comcast X1 live and on demand. In Olympic women's field hockey, the bright yellow ball is on a dark blue field. There is alot of motion blur on the ball. I just watched some women's tennis, and there is consistently bad motion blur on the ball. The men hit harder I'm sure it would be worse.

I'm sure there will be motion blur on hockey pucks since they move even faster. Nfl football will be tested this weekend. I've tried changing the blur and judder settings, digital clean view, and can't get rid of the blur. It's crystal clear to me this TV cannot eliminate blur on fast moving smaller objects in sports, which is a shame. This is the only deal breaker for me at this point since I watch sports every day.

Last edited by FatesWarning; 08-09-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page