Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 247 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179874Likes

post #7381 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 65
New Owner :)

After weeks of research I finally pulled the trigger and bought my 65" KS8000 at Best Buy last week, should be delivered on Monday.
So I went back to BB yesterday looking for a new router and on my way out I decided to check out the other TVs. One of the BB guys comes over and asks if I need help, I told him I was just browsing and that I actually bought the Samsung last week. He said it is a fantastic TV and asked me if I got the UBD-K8500 as well since they had that $200 off promotion when you bought a 4K TV. I told him I was not aware of that and was not mentioned to me last week when I made the purchase. He said that if I could show him the receipt he would be happy to honor the deal, which was not a problem at all since I chose to have the receipt emailed to me. The 4K player was already on sale so he took off $200 off the sale price making my grand total a ridiculous $119.99!!! Happy camper and Monday can't come soon enough!!
Rudy1, jseleniu, Expidia and 6 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7382 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
I just 'accidentally' learned that turning on Denon S720W Smart Menu makes the Receiver Source selection from the TV work! From there I am directly in the on-screen Denon menus! You may already be doing that but I had Smart Menu off since my original install. Quite exciting!
Yeah, all this did really for me is let me name my receiver Onkyo instead of receiver. Looks like I still need to backdoor it by turning off (temporarily) the CEC so I can open up my receiver on screen menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
Just added the Luminoodle to the back of mine. Still adjusting but liking it so far on my 65.

Stupid question, how difficult is it to attach to a tv that's already been mounted, how many did you buy and where did you position it on the back?

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
post #7383 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 4897 Post(s)
Liked: 7194
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprinze View Post
Multi-quote is not working me. My bad. I should have researched before posting this question, and deserve the mockery. Thanks for the links!!
Good on you, that's very refreshing to read

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7384 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expidia View Post
Do an RMA. Looks like the female part moved or was never put in. Doesn't say much for quality control does it?
It is appalling they apparently don't plug it in and turn on for a final QC For a TV in this price range. I could understand if this can be skipped for a $299 BF special but not a TV that is on the higher price range of the market.
King Richard likes this.
post #7385 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Yeah, all this did really for me is let me name my receiver Onkyo instead of receiver.
Every time I rename mine, without fail, a few hours later or the next day it puts it back to "Receiver".
The_Donster likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #7386 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked: 1633
Quote:
Stupid question, how difficult is it to attach to a tv that's already been mounted, how many did you buy and where did you position it on the back?
I don't have much room between the back of my TV and the wall. I don't have a extra thin mount, but it's still pretty tight. Took me about five minutes just to get the Luminoodle inserted into the TV USB, almost blindly.

I did an inverted U shape and used masking tape (not the strip's peel off adhesive) to determine where I want it. Purists may not like it, but no one looks behind or on the side of my TV, so I may leave it that way. I am happy with the results so far.

The below TV effect is with a light strip I previously used, but it's not very long. It is currently connected to my OneConnectBox which is below my TV and attached to the back of my entertainment center.
post #7387 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorSignal View Post
It is appalling they apparently don't plug it in and turn on for a final QC For a TV in this price range. I could understand if this can be skipped for a $299 BF special but not a TV that is on the higher price range of the market.
I thought of that too. But odds are that they tested it for QC and when they pulled the plug back out the female piece broke off. Or it was not on tight in the first place and the typical rough handling of the shippers knocked it out of place.

UNK65KS8500 (curved model)
HW-K950 Samsung Atmos soundbar-with rears
HW-J8500 Samsung Soundbar (sold 10-24-16)
Sanus universal soundbar speaker mount SA405B1
Samsung 4K Ultra HD Bluray player UBDK8500
Harmony 650 remote ($43 amazon)
post #7388 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by soycrema View Post
after weeks of research i finally pulled the trigger and bought my 65" ks8000 at best buy last week, should be delivered on monday.
So i went back to bb yesterday looking for a new router and on my way out i decided to check out the other tvs. One of the bb guys comes over and asks if i need help, i told him i was just browsing and that i actually bought the samsung last week. He said it is a fantastic tv and asked me if i got the ubd-k8500 as well since they had that $200 off promotion when you bought a 4k tv. I told him i was not aware of that and was not mentioned to me last week when i made the purchase. He said that if i could show him the receipt he would be happy to honor the deal, which was not a problem at all since i chose to have the receipt emailed to me. The 4k player was already on sale so he took off $200 off the sale price making my grand total a ridiculous $119.99!!! Happy camper and monday can't come soon enough!! :d
nice!!!

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
post #7389 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schmidt View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. It seems like B&H must have received a bad shipment from Samsung. I have never had any issues with B&H in the past and their response has been very good so far. REALLY frustrated at this point but it is what it is.

Cheers.
If you read this message before you box the TV up to send it back, please take a photo of the label on the reverse, showing the serial number and manufacture date, and post it on here.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #7390 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

HDTV test have published their review of the European KS8000, which is the highest flat TV in the 2016 range. (The American equivalent model is the KS9000)

Very nice reading!

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue55k...1609174362.htm

Quote:
When we first calibrated a KS8000 several months ago, [Game Mode] was greyed out in HDR mode, but since then Samsung has rolled out a firmware update that allowed [Game Mode] to be switched on even during playback of HDR content. Indeed, lag time only rose a tiny bit to 22ms with [Game Mode] enabled when fed a video signal containing HDR metadata, which bodes well for playing HDR games from a Microsoft Xbox One S or PS4 Pro console. We watched a bunch of 4K Blu-rays and did some measurements in [Game Mode], and verified that HDR impact wasn’t watered-down in any significant manner (peak brightness 1200 nits).

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 09-17-2016 at 12:52 PM.
post #7391 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My UN65KS8000 finally arrived yesterday, this time with the screen intact. I am loving this TV. Coming from an LG UH8500, I now know what the big deal is: brightness makes all the difference. Local dimming is also much better on the Sammy (despite the low Rtings' low rating on that aspect). In my opinion the only aspect in which the LG bests the Sammy is WebOS; with the magic remote, it's way faster/easier and intuitive. My only complaint so far is the Amazon video aspect ratio bug (which I also found on FandangoNow). For my trouble (first TV (LG) panel died after a week, second TV (KS) arrived with a cracked screen, third TV missed delivery target) Amazon refunded me $85, which was nice. Pilot delivery team did a great job with setup - they were very familiar with this model.

After playing around a bit, I found the perfect automotion setting, and I am loving HDR+ mode for now. All loud and bright and lovely. Gonna check out an Xbox One S this evening. Good times.
post #7392 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 03:17 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminII43 View Post
My UN65KS8000 finally arrived yesterday, this time with the screen intact. I am loving this TV. Coming from an LG UH8500, I now know what the big deal is: brightness makes all the difference. Local dimming is also much better on the Sammy (despite the low Rtings' low rating on that aspect). In my opinion the only aspect in which the LG bests the Sammy is WebOS; with the magic remote, it's way faster/easier and intuitive. My only complaint so far is the Amazon video aspect ratio bug (which I also found on FandangoNow). For my trouble (first TV (LG) panel died after a week, second TV (KS) arrived with a cracked screen, third TV missed delivery target) Amazon refunded me $85, which was nice. Pilot delivery team did a great job with setup - they were very familiar with this model.

After playing around a bit, I found the perfect automotion setting, and I am loving HDR+ mode for now. All loud and bright and lovely. Gonna check out an Xbox One S this evening. Good times.

Congrats on the new TV!

I'm glad everything finally worked out for you.

If you need assistance with connecting and setting up your XBox One S, let us know.

Richard
The_Donster likes this.
post #7393 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Hi, I notice when the scene change from dark to a brighter one, I can see the TV lit up brighter after the scene change, but the brightening comes after a split second. This is quite annoying and I have smart LED on high and dynamic contrast off. Is this what the smart LED does ?
post #7394 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Sturdivant View Post
Quick questions about bias lighting..... and a certain product....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KZBCZBA?psc=1 <---- The product in question

Is this good? Will it work with our 4K TV's, or will it produce problems with the picture or anything? Should I just stick with a constant white light instead of the dynamic color changing? Opinions and facts please lol.
I've been looking at some of these and most of them only support up to 1080p including the one you linked.

None of these devices will work with built-in apps or the antenna since they're not being sent over HDMI. If you do go down this route, you'll want one that supports 4K resolutions, HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2.

I saw a video with one of these devices running the Stranger Things intro and it looked really cool. If you ran one HDMI to the TV from a receiver or something and didn't use the internal apps or antenna, you'd have a good setup to add one of these to. Otherwise, you'll be leaving some sources out no matter what I believe.
King Richard likes this.
post #7395 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Good evening,

I am the proud new owner of an 8500 which i purchased from Crutchfield. I am using HDMI4/ARC going into my Pioneer Elite VSX-45 using a TiVO Roamio Pro & Xbox One S as the source for my TV.

I have setup the Cable Box information in the SmartHub but it seems like the TV keeps forgetting it... also seems like the TV Speaker switches back on from the receiver audio once in awhile. I'm a little baffled about this. I have the HDMI control stuff on wherever it applies with all of my components. I also had an odd issue with my Apple TV 4 seeming to randomly take control and switch to the receiver's input and start displaying Apple TV.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on?
post #7396 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorSignal View Post
Hi, I notice when the scene change from dark to a brighter one, I can see the TV lit up brighter after the scene change, but the brightening comes after a split second. This is quite annoying and I have smart LED on high and dynamic contrast off. Is this what the smart LED does ?
I believe so, I would turn off all tv proccessing features off, they never improve anything, mainly a marketing feature to help sell a tv.
post #7397 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokai View Post
I believe so, I would turn off all tv proccessing features off, they never improve anything, mainly a marketing feature to help sell a tv.
if i remember right sone1 posted that you should keep dimmer on all the time and dynamic contrast too.
post #7398 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Well I appreciate any positive input, especially with gaming. I haven't really noticed any lag when I've been playing. I did feel nauseous initially like I did when we first got our 47" Vizio for the bedroom, but that's gone now lol.

Your tv is fine and as someone else said, working properly. I usually run into a similar problem when watching the HBO app. Hell, I've even noticed it on my 55" LG when watching cable tv. Something I will say is once you get use to your new beauty it will spoil your eyes with your other tvs. I'm definitely glad I decided not to hook up cable in that room. Oh, almost forgot. I turned off my Samsung logo on mine.

Dude, c'mon! As other members said, the FAQ is the first post, first page with the updated link. It doesn't get any easier than that. I'm definitely looking forward to @King Richard 's input on your picture settings. Because to me it feels like you are defeating the purpose of the television with those settings.

Hi, on the first page, first post there is a link to my wall mount write up. You need to go and pick up (4) M8 1.25 x 45mm and use the spacers that came with the tv. Everything else, follow the instructions on your wall mount.

What is the price difference for you? I know my wife didn't notice a difference in picture quality between the P65, 850D and KS8000, but she liked the 930D. The problem was, like the KS9000 I couldn't justify the bump in cost.

thanks donster!
The_Donster likes this.
post #7399 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Hi all, contemplating purchasing this TV soon (8000, 55 or 60").

I've read the FAQ and did a little googling, but I'm confused still on 4k content.

My current set-up is: HTCT100 soundbar/receiver into Panny Plasma....Then a PS4 and XB1 connected to the soundbar receiver...I switch inputs on the soundbar to switch between the 2 sources.

Is there a way for me to make the soundbar still work out without needing a newer unit, and still be able to see 4k content when I grab a PS4pro or Xbox One S?

Referencing this part of the OP...
"If you want to do 4k video passthrough to your KS8000, ensure that your receiver supports 4k resolution. If not, then you need to connect your 4k content directly to the TV."

Sorry if this is redundant, and thanks for any advice/answers.

xbox: McFly1955
ps4: GeorgeMcFly1955
post #7400 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthershutch15 View Post
Hi all, contemplating purchasing this TV soon (8000, 55 or 60").

I've read the FAQ and did a little googling, but I'm confused still on 4k content.

My current set-up is: HTCT100 soundbar/receiver into Panny Plasma....Then a PS4 and XB1 connected to the soundbar receiver...I switch inputs on the soundbar to switch between the 2 sources.

Is there a way for me to make the soundbar still work out without needing a newer unit, and still be able to see 4k content when I grab a PS4pro or Xbox One S?

Referencing this part of the OP...
"If you want to do 4k video passthrough to your KS8000, ensure that your receiver supports 4k resolution. If not, then you need to connect your 4k content directly to the TV."

Sorry if this is redundant, and thanks for any advice/answers.
So assuming your only devices are TV, sound bar, PS4/PS4 Pro, XB1/XB1 S, then you should make the new Samsung KS8000 the "hub" instead of your sound bar. You want the PS4 Pro/XB1 S connected to the TV's One Connect Box, and then you want to output sound from the TV to the sound bar via optical (I don't think your sound bar supports HDMI ARC). You will then "switch between the 2 sources" using the TV.
panthershutch15 likes this.
post #7401 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbfreek View Post
So assuming your only devices are TV, sound bar, PS4/PS4 Pro, XB1/XB1 S, then you should make the new Samsung KS8000 the "hub" instead of your sound bar. You want the PS4 Pro/XB1 S connected to the TV's One Connect Box, and then you want to output sound from the TV to the sound bar via optical (I don't think your sound bar supports HDMI ARC). You will then "switch between the 2 sources" using the TV.
Sweet, that's kind of what I was thinking.

Thanks!

xbox: McFly1955
ps4: GeorgeMcFly1955
post #7402 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 08:47 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthershutch15 View Post

Just remember that the new PS4 Pro does not come with a 4K/UHD Blu-ray player.

The X-Box One S, on the other hand, does include one.

Most UHD Players come with 2 HDMI outputs (one for Video & Audio, the second one is Audio only). In this case, you can connect HDMI 1 directly to the TV and HDMI 2 (Audio only) to your soundbar. This way if your soundbar supports Audio formats > 5.1, you'll have the best of both worlds.

Richard
post #7403 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Question J 6300 Bluray compatible?

I get my KS850D delivered on Friday 23 Sep. I was wondering if my J 6300 is okay or should I upgrade to the K 8500?

BTW, my wifi speed sucks at 5.8mps...
post #7404 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 09:33 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
I get my KS850D delivered on Friday 23 Sep. I was wondering if my J 6300 is okay or should I upgrade to the K 8500?

If you want to be able to play the new 4K/UHD Blu-rays, then YES.

Your old player will NOT be able to play them.

Richard
post #7405 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hi, I am thinking about getting this TV, but I have some questions.

-Do I need to worry about the panels lottery?
-When connect a geforce card to the TV, what is listed under native resolution in the nvidia control panel?
-under game mode, can I disable ALL the edge enhancement or any soft of graphic enhancement? Is there any limitation under game mode, like any option greyed out?
-4K 4:4:4 support for game mode, I will be using the lowest input lag setting available for PC, and it has to be 4K 4:4:4 compatible?
-How develop is the tizen OS? I have been using android tv, sluggish but it let me side load android apps and support kodi, nextflix 4k, eventually youtube 4K + hdr; and google cast built in si very convinient. How does the tizen OS stack up?
-I read that the recent fw update allow HDR contents to work under game mode, since you probably need a different brightness and contrast setting when viewing in HDR mode, does the TV save 2 different game profiles and switch when HDR signal is detected?
post #7406 of 36555 Old 09-17-2016, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaroo View Post
Hi, I am thinking about getting this TV, but I have some questions.

-Do I need to worry about the panels lottery?
There will always be some bad apples with the good. A good amount of us are happy with our first sets, while others have exchanged for various reasons, including defects, bad shipping, etc. I hear that this TV is more consistent than the Vizio P series, if that helps.

Quote:
-When connect a geforce card to the TV, what is listed under native resolution in the nvidia control panel?
It states 3840x2160, which is the native resolution of the TV.

Quote:
-under game mode, can I disable ALL the edge enhancement or any soft of graphic enhancement? Is there any limitation under game mode, like any option greyed out?
I'm not totally sure what you mean by "all the edge enhancement". If you're talking about the localized dimming, Smart LED is still an option in game mode. Auto Motion Plus and Digital Clean View are grayed out. Dynamic Contrast is also grayed out in PC mode.

Quote:
-4K 4:4:4 support for game mode, I will be using the lowest input lag setting available for PC, and it has to be 4K 4:4:4 compatible?
As stated in an earlier post (you can search my posts if you want the exact text), 4:4:4 is only available in PC mode, and you must exit PC mode to select Game mode. Thus, Game mode is running 4:2:2, even if you feed the TV a 4:4:4 signal. PC mode lag is ~40 ms though (much less than the other modes outside Game mode), which you might find tolerable.

Quote:
-How develop is the tizen OS? I have been using android tv, sluggish but it let me side load android apps and support kodi, nextflix 4k, eventually youtube 4K + hdr; and google cast built in si very convinient. How does the tizen OS stack up?
I don't own any other TVs so have no basis for comparison here. For what it's worth, I generally like the TV's interface. Is it perfect? No. Does it fit my needs? Yes.

Quote:
-I read that the recent fw update allow HDR contents to work under game mode, since you probably need a different brightness and contrast setting when viewing in HDR mode, does the TV save 2 different game profiles and switch when HDR signal is detected?
No, HDR game mode will NOT use a separate profile from SDR game mode. The only separate profiles for HDR are when you use Movie and Standard mode.
Terminader likes this.
post #7407 of 36555 Old 09-18-2016, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
10 bit or 8 bit

Hi,I'm from Italy. I want to know if the samsung ks8000 (ks700 in Europe) panel has a native 10 -bit or 8 -bit + frc panel.
Kind regards
post #7408 of 36555 Old 09-18-2016, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by giu1975 View Post
Hi,I'm from Italy. I want to know if the samsung ks8000 (ks700 in Europe) panel has a native 10 -bit or 8 -bit + frc panel.
Kind regards
According to every site I've looked at it has a 10 bit panel.
The_Donster and mrtickleuk like this.

Samsung 65KS8000 Calibrated with a SpectraCal C6-HDR Colorimeter, and CalMAN Studio.
Oppo UDP-203
post #7409 of 36555 Old 09-18-2016, 04:15 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thank you very much frisfreek, just have a few more questions in regards to

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbfreek View Post
There will always be some bad apples with the good. A good amount of us are happy with our first sets, while others have exchanged for various reasons, including defects, bad shipping, etc. I hear that this TV is more consistent than the Vizio P series, if that helps.

It states 3840x2160, which is the native resolution of the TV.
-the native res showing up on this tv, to give you an example, here is a x800D connects to a geforce 1080

https://i.imgur.com/AGWWKev.png

you can see the list of supported resolution, but right at the very bottom of the list you can see it 1080p, 1920x1080 (native). The X800D EDID tells the gpu that its native res is 1080p but support resolution higher. The problem is this will break the nVidia GPU scaling, as it require your desktop resolution to be the same as the display native res or else it will not scale anything and it also needs to be in 4:4:4. At least on my current 970 which is why I ask

Quote:
I'm not totally sure what you mean by "all the edge enhancement". If you're talking about the localized dimming, Smart LED is still an option in game mode. Auto Motion Plus and Digital Clean View are grayed out. Dynamic Contrast is also grayed out in PC mode.
-as for edge enhancement, I am not sure how it is now for samsung tv now, many years ago I the samsung that I own had something called DNIe which was advertise to enhance picture but ended up destroying picture quality making everything grainy and pixelated. And there is no way to turn it off in any picture setting or input. It was the biggest purchase regret that I ever had with that tv. I think the last time I was checking out a samsung tv back in 2012-13 and it still has it. As for the others like local dimming noise reduction, smart led, local dimming and any color boosting etc, which one of them are grayed out I am sorry? If you can provide a list for game mode, because I have everything including xbox 360, xbox one, ps3, ps4, wii U, cable tv and chromecast if I do ended up getting this tv connected to my receiver and output to 1 HDMI port of a tv.So everything will operate under 1 profile.

Quote:
As stated in an earlier post (you can search my posts if you want the exact text), 4:4:4 is only available in PC mode, and you must exit PC mode to select Game mode. Thus, Game mode is running 4:2:2, even if you feed the TV a 4:4:4 signal. PC mode lag is ~40 ms though (much less than the other modes outside Game mode), which you might find tolerable.
-does hdr works for pc mode?

Quote:
I don't own any other TVs so have no basis for comparison here. For what it's worth, I generally like the TV's interface. Is it perfect? No. Does it fit my needs? Yes.
-does tizon has its own eco system of apps? does it have youtube, netflix, hulu etc?

Quote:
No, HDR game mode will NOT use a separate profile from SDR game mode. The only separate profiles for HDR are when you use Movie and Standard mode.
-How does the user deal with HDR and SDR viewing if everything goes under one picture setting? You can't keep going into the picture setting to adjust the lightface and brightness etc after you are done with watching HDR contents right?
post #7410 of 36555 Old 09-18-2016, 04:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaroo View Post
-How does the user deal with HDR and SDR viewing if everything goes under one picture setting? You can't keep going into the picture setting to adjust the lightface and brightness etc after you are done with watching HDR contents right?
ITYM "how WILL". There aren't any HDR games yet? And the answer is, yes, you will have to keep going into the picture settings. But there are only TWO settings which are different which you will need to change - Backlight should be set to full in HDR mode and Contrast set to 100. It's not so bad to change two values, it's a brilliant TV.

All edge enhancements are defeatable, unlike on previous models you mention.

Maybe Samsung will update the firmware to save two games settings, maybe they won't.

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 09-18-2016 at 04:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page