Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 38 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 180086Likes

post #1111 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2128 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by tts42572 View Post
I don't remember exactly and I'm not by my TV now....But I think in game mode I just turned the backlight down some to around 10. And also turned the sharpness down some. I don't think I changed anything else and it looks pretty darn good to my eyes.

I've been playing a bunch of Uncharted 4, Star Wars Battlefront and Guitar hero and have had no issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Read the whole thread? Seriously? C'mon man, a little help here. What are things owners like and dislike about it? How does it stack up to the competition? I shouldn't have to weed through pages of back and forths that have nothing to do with the television to get people's honest opinions on what they like and dislike about it.
if you read rtings review, it's a solid all around tv. two things you should know that would be cons 1) top edge on most users sets is brighter than the rest 2) on all black screens like credits at the end of the movie there will be large blooming areas due to the smart led dimming zones being pretty large.

input lag is in game mode is great for gamers and upscaling of sub 4k content is fantastic (better source, better upscale). there's 2 slots for the legs (far apart as seen in pictures and another set about 10in in closer).
husker3in4 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 17
so i'm noticing a lot of buffering with amazon HDR, i have to watch for a few minutes for 4k HDR to show, and i did a speed test using netflix app (no real buffering issues with netflix), and it did a measly 63mbit.

i have speeds up to 200mbit - i have it connected via 5G and the router is a few feet away from the TV , so distance is not an issue.

is my best bet to hard wire to the TV?

thanks.
post #1113 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Today i received my 65ks8000. When hooking up the one connect mini, i plugged in all HDMI cables and the tv will not connect to anything. It only recognizes my blu ray player but wont open on hdmi. It says please make sure ur device is powered on. This goes the same for my cable box and ps4.

Does anyone know if the tv needs updated? Or a tip to get this to work. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1114 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by modthispny View Post
so i'm noticing a lot of buffering with amazon HDR, i have to watch for a few minutes for 4k HDR to show, and i did a speed test using netflix app (no real buffering issues with netflix), and it did a measly 63mbit.

i have speeds up to 200mbit - i have it connected via 5G and the router is a few feet away from the TV , so distance is not an issue.

is my best bet to hard wire to the TV?

thanks.
This is the exact reason I hard wired an ethernet connection to the TV.
post #1115 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstockland89 View Post
Today i received my 65ks8000. When hooking up the one connect mini, i plugged in all HDMI cables and the tv will not connect to anything. It only recognizes my blu ray player but wont open on hdmi. It says please make sure ur device is powered on. This goes the same for my cable box and ps4.

Does anyone know if the tv needs updated? Or a tip to get this to work. Thanks for the help.
With all the devices connected to the One Connect Mini unplug the TV, wait 15 seconds a replug the TV. If that doesn't work to recognize your devices go into Settings and run Setup again.
post #1116 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirx_NL View Post
Just got the UE55KS7000, which is equivalent of the UN55KS8000. As I don't have any calibrating equipment, I was thinking about using the rtings.com calibration settings as a baseline. But I don't have any idea if it's the same panel, and therefore even logical to try those setting.

My set is manufactured in Slovakia instead of Mexico, and the service menu states:
Option: 55A1MU0QK

I can't find any other distinctive markers which would lead to panel determination, but that's probably due to my lack of knowledge.

Model Code: UE55KS7000SXXN
Version no: 01
S/N: xxVUxSAHxxxxxxN

Looking pretty good at first glance, some dark clouding in the corners, but nothing to bad.
Still have to tinker with all the settings, and give it a good run through.

Was primarily focussed on getting subtitles in Plex to work without transcoding, but not sure if that will even be possible.
Look here
http://forum.setcombg.com/samsung-%D...tml#post772722
post #1117 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Read the whole thread? Seriously? C'mon man, a little help here. What are things owners like and dislike about it? How does it stack up to the competition? I shouldn't have to weed through pages of back and forths that have nothing to do with the television to get people's honest opinions on what they like and dislike about it.
If you are OK with the light bleed on the top edge then you should get KS8000. One major difference between KS8000 and Vizio P (2016) model is that P series is FALD and Samsung KS8000 is edge lit. Vizio P series is also missing the Digital tuner. Therefore, if you want to connect OTA cable, you would need to buy one separately. That's why Vizio is marketing as Display unit rather than TV. The peak brightness on 100% window is better on Vizio P series than KS8000 http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/movie...eak-brightness

Another thing you can do is to go to Vizio P series thread to know about the major issues with that TV. Last I heard is that the Vizio fans don't like negative comments in that thread. Some users were banned for complaining about some issues they experienced with that set.

Sony XBR55HX929 / LG OLED55C6P / Sony XBR-65X930E
Denon x4000 / PS3 Slim / BDP-S6200 / OPPO UDP-203
Roku 3 / Roku Ultra / WD TV Live /Chromecast / Fire TV stick
Speakers - SVS Ultra Bookshelf / DT PM1000 / PC2000 / Sony HTNT5
Sub - Power Sound Audio S1500
post #1118 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroo Onoda View Post
Anyone gaming on a PC or are y'all on a console? If you're on PC and set the Samsung to Game Mode, does it revert to 'PC' input whenever you power on your rig? Is there no way to have the TV remember the type of input you choose when you edit this on 'Sources'? I have to manually set my computer to 'Console' in order to be able to select Game Mode in the first place, but then the Sammy always sets it as a PC on power on. It's tiresome.

Would it be possible to fix this with another remote that allows me to have macros? What I wanna do is, with the press of a button, go to sources, then edit the input to 'Console', then go to settings and enable game mode.

I didn't find picture quality suffering at all under Game Mode as far as I remember, testing it a while back. Using the same calibration settings as in movie mode and dynamic contrast off.
I'm having similar issues. I'm connecting my PC through the receiver to the TV and every time I switch to the PC, it resets everything to Game mode. Even if I switch it to Movie then full screen mediaplayer or kodi, it switches it back to Game mode. Very frustrating that it can't remember the settings. I imagine if I connected everything directly to the OneConnect, it would work, but I don't want to do this as you lose the ability to stream DTS HD (since ARC doesn't support that).

Something I noticed but didn't get much of a chance to play around with is that you can modify the source (shows up as Universal Remote or something) and there's a PC setting. I'm not sure if this is going to solve any of the problems with the TV not remembering the settings or not, but we'll see. However, does anyone have any details about that mode? When I set it, it only gives a Standard and Dynamic mode (no movie) and looks super bright. Is this mode more geared towards playing games or is that what I should be using to watch movies and view media content?
post #1119 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
See my previous post.

Richard
Sorry, which previous post? Thanks in advance for the help.
post #1120 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTV Programmer View Post
This is the exact reason I hard wired an ethernet connection to the TV.
just to confirm, the ethernet port is behind the tv and not in the one connect mini right?
post #1121 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
just to confirm, the ethernet port is behind the tv and not in the one connect mini right?
Back of the TV just above the One Connect port.
post #1122 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 437
Quote:
Pictures are just below the midpoint of this review- http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000
post #1123 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krips View Post
If you are OK with the light bleed on the top edge then you should get KS8000. One major difference between KS8000 and Vizio P (2016) model is that P series is FALD and Samsung KS8000 is edge lit. Vizio P series is also missing the Digital tuner. Therefore, if you want to connect OTA cable, you would need to buy one separately. That's why Vizio is marketing as Display unit rather than TV. The peak brightness on 100% window is better on Vizio P series than KS8000 http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/movie...eak-brightness

Another thing you can do is to go to Vizio P series thread to know about the major issues with that TV. Last I heard is that the Vizio fans don't like negative comments in that thread. Some users were banned for complaining about some issues they experienced with that set.
be warned, vizio upscaling for anything less than bluray or 4k is not very good.
post #1124 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
there's 2 slots for the legs (far apart as seen in pictures and another set about 10in in closer).
Does anybody know if only the 65" KS8000 has the inside leg slots or if all models do?
post #1125 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatyourdog View Post
Does anybody know if only the 65" KS8000 has the inside leg slots or if all models do?
Only 65" has the inside leg slots. Rest of them have only one leg slots each side.
isthatyourdog likes this.

post #1126 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This is a sad day. My 65KS8000 arrived (from Amazon) 25 hours ago, and I can't stand it. It must go back ASAP.

I researched 65" TVs for weeks before I pulled the trigger. And I was so excited to get it – it was gonna be the best day of the year. But I just can't live with this thing.
  • SATELLITE UPSCALING: I'd read many times that the upscaling on this set is among the best out there. Well I'm astonished by that claim. 1080i content via Dish Network is horrific on this set. Jagged graphics. Blurry lines and faces. When watching MLB you literally can't tell who is up to bat half the time because their faces are so blurry. Utterly unwatchable.
  • AUTO MOTION: Even Blu-Ray suffers on this set when Auto Motion is on. I prefer a mild Soap Opera Effect on my TVs. You can't get that on this set unless you introduce all kinds of noise and blur around moving objects. When watching MLB, it looks like batters are swinging 3 or 4 bats instead of one. The ball is a series of blips across the screen instead of a singular white dot. Totally unacceptable.
  • JUDDER: I watched a couple of different Blu-Rays. For the most part, they look GREAT. But when panning across a scene with lots of trees or leaves or other detail, it jerks badly. Instead of a nice, smooth pan, it stutters across the screen.

I'm not kidding at all. And I'm shocked to say it. But my 2014 50" Vizio P-Series (also 4K) looks SO MUCH better than this TV in all of these areas.

The KS8000 has better (inkier) blacks. And it can get brighter. But the 2014 Visio is a (shockingly) better/smoother viewing experience. It has better picture/color/contrast controls. More adjustments. Better remote. Etc.

Putting all the specs, stats, and aesthetics aside... and speaking only from a viewability perspective... The only time 2016 KS8000 clearly outperforms the 2014 Vizio P-Series is when watching pure 4K UHD content. Otherwise, the defects and artifacts are just too distracting. I can't believe I'm saying that, but that's been my (sad) experience.

Last edited by Brainwrek; 05-24-2016 at 02:30 PM.
post #1127 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainwrek View Post
This is a sad day. My 65KS8000 arrived (from Amazon) 25 hours ago, and I can't stand it. It must go back ASAP.

I researched 65" TVs for weeks before I pulled the trigger. And I was so excited to get it – it was gonna be the best day of the year. But I just can't live with this thing.
  • SATELLITE UPSCALING: I'd read many times that the upscaling on this set is among the best out there. Well I'm astonished by that claim. 1080i content via Dish Network is horrific on this set. Jagged graphics. Blurry lines and faces. When watching MLB you literally can't tell who is up to bat half the time because their faces are so blurry. Utterly unwatchable.
  • AUTO MOTION: Even Blu-Ray suffers on this set when Auto Motion is on. I prefer a mild Soap Opera Effect on my TVs. You can't get that on this set unless you introduce all kinds of noise and blur around moving objects. When watching MLB, it looks like batters are swinging 3 or 4 bats instead of one. The ball is a series of blips across the screen instead of a singular white dot. Totally unacceptable.
  • JUDDER: I watched a couple of different Blu-Rays. For the most part, they look GREAT. But when panning across a scene with lots of trees or leaves or other detail, it jerks badly. Instead of a nice, smooth pan, it stutters across the screen.

I'm not kidding at all. And I'm shocked to say it. But my 2014 50" Vizio P-Series (also 4K) looks SO MUCH better than this TV in all of these areas.

The KS8000 has better (inkier) blacks. And it can get brighter. But the 2014 Visio is a (shockingly) better/smoother viewing experience. It has better picture/color/contrast controls. More adjustments. Better remote. Etc.

Putting all the specs, stats, and aesthetics aside... and speaking only from a viewability perspective... The only time 2016 KS8000 clearly outperforms the 2014 Vizio P-Series is when watching pure 4K UHD content. Otherwise, the defects and artifacts are just too distracting. I can't believe I'm saying that, but that's been my (sad) experience.
Try these settings first and then adjust from there and tell us if you get the same results.
I have the 55 and I don't see (with cable via tivo) what you are describing after starting with these settings.
But out of the box on vivid sure sounds like it.

One thing we do differ is that I don't like the SOE for movies but you can set a per input setting if you like it a bit on TV sources.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000

Good luck.

Are you really hearing a difference?
http://youtu.be/G-lN8vWm3m0

Set an example:
Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you...
Not because they are nice, but because YOU are. :)
post #1128 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Purchased 65ks8000 sat and cal yesterday using suggested settings. HDMI 1 - Directv movie mode 10pt – good to go, looks great. HDMI 2 - HTPC running kodi 1080p and the only settings I can choose are standard and dynamic that’s it no MOVIE and only 2pt. Most of the other motion settings are greyed out also. Why cant I change to movie mode instead of standard or dynamic and cal 10pt? Is it because the highest resolution is 1080p? If I got a new HDR video card would I be able to change to movie mode and calibrate 10pt? The remote control sucks btw and the picture coming from the htpc is less than stellar..
Thanks

Last edited by BenchTT; 05-24-2016 at 04:30 PM.
post #1129 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

i don't know what picture settings you have, but see some of my posts a few pages back on the movie mode setting i'm using. most people don't use auto motion plus, so i can't speak to that. as the other guy said, i'm wondering on the settings being used? honestly you already had the 2014 P series so unscaling to 4k output only looks so good. some people that buy 4k sets think all of the sudden their tvs will output everything like the store demos
post #1130 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
This is a sad day. My 65KS8000 arrived (from Amazon) 25 hours ago, and I can't stand it. It must go back ASAP....
Wow, I hope it's just bad settings. Don't see how ratings review could be so good. I'm also on Dish and have high hopes for up conversion once I buy the 65". Hope you didn't get a lemon and have to return it. There seems to be as many negative reports as positive. I may be sticking with my old Panny plasma for a while until I see more positives!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #1131 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:

Other than the top edge light bleed, I didn't encounter any of the issues you mentioned as long as I had this TV with me. For removing the artifacts from the cable channel, you can turn on the 'Digital Clean View'. Did you update with latest firmware?

You can try the video settings from here: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sam...s8000/settings

post #1132 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi View Post
Try these settings first and then adjust from there and tell us if you get the same results.
I have the 55 and I don't see (with cable via tivo) what you are describing after starting with these settings.
But out of the box on vivid sure sounds like it.
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000
Hi bootman_head_fi. I've spent at least 15 of the last 25+ hours tweaking settings and stuff. Custom color spaces and everything. Have tried many different setting suggestions from this forum and elsewhere. Looked at a ton of different video sources. The problem isn't color so much as quality. I'm pretty good with the color.

But it's like when you take a small photo and enlarge it in Photoshop... the more you enlarge it, the worse the quality is. So I'm sure the larger size is part of the problem. In other words... the 55" would hide the flaws better than the 65".

And the jerking behavior on panning Blu-Ray shots makes me think that the processor is significantly underpowered / undersized for this TV.
post #1133 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchTT View Post
Purchased 65ks8000 sat and cal yesterday using suggestedsettings. HDMI 1 - Directv movie mode10pt – good to go, looks great. HDMI 2 -HTPC running kodi 1080p and the only settings I can choose are standard anddynamic that’s it no MOVIE and only 2pt. Most of the other motion settings are greyed out also. Why cant I change to movie mode instead of standard or dynamic and cal10pt? Is it because the highestresolution is 1080p? If I got a new HDRvideo card would I be able to change to movie mode and calibrate 10pt? The remote control sucks btw and the picturecoming from the htpc is less than stellar..
Thanks
For whatever odd reason, when you connect the PC with HDMI, it automatically switches to PC mode. And in PC mode, you have very few options available. If you try to switch to other mode, you edit the word 'PC' and leave it blank and then save the regular HDMI/DVI or whatever HDMI input you are using with other available mode. But it might again automatically go back to the PC mode.
Seems like Samsung is not doing great by locking the HDMI port to PC only mode when connecting the HTPC to the TV.

post #1134 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
i don't know what picture settings you have, but see some of my posts a few pages back on the movie mode setting i'm using. most people don't use auto motion plus, so i can't speak to that. as the other guy said, i'm wondering on the settings being used? honestly you already had the 2014 P series so unscaling to 4k output only looks so good. some people that buy 4k sets think all of the sudden their tvs will output everything like the store demos
Hi guitarguy316. I actually started with your settings. Thanks for posting them. Watched "Black Snake Moan" Blu-ray using your settings. Colors are good. Contrast good. But that was the first time I noticed the judder and jerking on the panning shots.

I never expected Dish Satellite to look like a store demo. But I never imagined it would be this bad.
post #1135 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Hi bootman_head_fi. I've spent at least 15 of the last 25+ hours tweaking settings and stuff. Custom color spaces and everything. Have tried many different setting suggestions from this forum and elsewhere. Looked at a ton of different video sources. The problem isn't color so much as quality. I'm pretty good with the color.

But it's like when you take a small photo and enlarge it in Photoshop... the more you enlarge it, the worse the quality is. So I'm sure the larger size is part of the problem. In other words... the 55" would hide the flaws better than the 65".

And the jerking behavior on panning Blu-Ray shots makes me think that the processor is significantly underpowered / undersized for this TV.
Is the Dish STB outputting 1080i out all the time or is it on auto?

Not sure about the 55 hiding the flaws, but since I don't have one yet (65) I can't say for sure.

I get if the TV could be damaged or just not right for you.
I went from a Panasonic plasma in the bedroom to the 55 and I do really like the pic now that I dialed it in but I didn't like the pic out of the box.
(and honestly don't like most sets out of the box)

If you think you can't get anywhere with it, at least Amazon has a good return policy.

Again, good luck.

Are you really hearing a difference?
http://youtu.be/G-lN8vWm3m0

Set an example:
Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you...
Not because they are nice, but because YOU are. :)
post #1136 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Other than the top edge light bleed, I didn't encounter any of the issues you mentioned as long as I had this TV with me. For removing the artifacts from the cable channel, you can turn on the 'Digital Clean View'. Did you update with latest firmware?

You can try the video settings from here: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sam...s8000/settings
Interestingly, I have not had any significant problems with light bleed or clouding. This set is inky black in my dark room, which is impressive.

I have 'Digital Clean View' turned on (Auto). And the TV says firmware is up to date.
post #1137 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Interestingly, I have not had any significant problems with light bleed or clouding. This set is inky black in my dark room, which is impressive.

I have 'Digital Clean View' turned on (Auto). And the TV says firmware is up to date.
I have posted some pictures in this thread with the light bleed on top edge.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post44189106
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post44221410
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post44197426

post #1138 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you read rtings review, it's a solid all around tv. two things you should know that would be cons 1) top edge on most users sets is brighter than the rest 2) on all black screens like credits at the end of the movie there will be large blooming areas due to the smart led dimming zones being pretty large.

input lag is in game mode is great for gamers and upscaling of sub 4k content is fantastic (better source, better upscale). there's 2 slots for the legs (far apart as seen in pictures and another set about 10in in closer).

Appreciate the feedback from both of you. Yep, read what rtings.com had to say on both, which is good. I was just looking for some input from actual owners without going through the entire thread like I did with the P. That is why I was trying to fast track and cut to the chase here. My main focus in a new television is streaming, gaming and watching movies. No cable or satellite. A true man cave television. Anyway, I'll look through this and the Sony XBR-65X850D thread when I have more time.
post #1139 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchTT View Post
Purchased 65ks8000 sat and cal yesterday using suggestedsettings. HDMI 1 - Directv movie mode10pt – good to go, looks great. HDMI 2 -HTPC running kodi 1080p and the only settings I can choose are standard anddynamic that’s it no MOVIE and only 2pt. Most of the other motion settings are greyed out also. Why cant I change to movie mode instead of standard or dynamic and cal10pt? Is it because the highestresolution is 1080p? If I got a new HDRvideo card would I be able to change to movie mode and calibrate 10pt? The remote control sucks btw and the picturecoming from the htpc is less than stellar..
Thanks
Having sort of related issues, but I think the issue for you is that you're set on PC mode. If you go to the SmartHub, you should be able to go the current input source (probably says PC) and then go up (or down) to pop open a new menu. It should have EDIT in it. There you can change from PC to something else which will bring you back to the other normal modes. The way you set it up by connecting directly to the OneConnect box should save the settings for you.
post #1140 of 36895 Old 05-24-2016, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you read rtings review, it's a solid all around tv. two things you should know that would be cons 1) top edge on most users sets is brighter than the rest 2) on all black screens like credits at the end of the movie there will be large blooming areas due to the smart led dimming zones being pretty large.

Appreciate the feedback from both of you. Yep, read what rtings.com had to say on both, which is good. I was just looking for some input from actual owners without going through the entire thread like I did with the P. That is why I was trying to fast track and cut to the chase here. My main focus in a new television is streaming, gaming and watching movies. No cable or satellite. A true man cave television. Anyway, I'll look through this and the Sony XBR-65X850D thread when I have more time.
FYI 850d is ips panel which is better view on angle but worse blacks (look grey)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page