Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 382 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179988Likes

post #11431 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperGP View Post
Seems like my TV is broken. It's gone mad. It's showing picture of Donald Trump as USA president.

Poslano s mobilnog telefona S7
i think your just watching the Simpsons man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11432 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmons View Post
nothing personal but the vizio p series is garbage. lots of people on their 5 or 6th tv. lots turn off fald because it doesnt work right.. i would rather have quality than cheap made.
as for the curve only on this site do people think it has more problems. zero on mine and lost of reviews have it fantastic. less than.00000001 of people who have the 8500 even know this forum exists.
I've had two curves. Both had issues.
post #11433 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmons View Post
nothing personal but the vizio p series is garbage. lots of people on their 5 or 6th tv. lots turn off fald because it doesnt work right.. i would rather have quality than cheap made.

as for the curve only on this site do people think it has more problems. zero on mine and lost of reviews have it fantastic. less than.00000001 of people who have the 8500 even know this forum exists.

FALD on the Vizio was amazing. That's not the reason I went through 5 of them before the KS8000.
The_Donster and mrtickleuk like this.

LG 55C9, Samsung 55KS8000, Panasonic 50VT25
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11434 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hi guys, can someone tell do ks8000 have 1gbps lan port or it is 100mbps?
And what about wifi then, is it AC and we can do above 100mbps?
post #11435 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide_NVN View Post
I called BB and they are giving me an additional week to troubleshoot. I intend to replace the cable a third time. This time with a ridiculously overpriced 27gbps monster cable from the store. That should eliminate cable completely. If after doing this plus trying the other port on the one connect box the problem is still there then I will either have to take it back for a refund or exchange.

I would still like to hear from anyone who has a KS8000/8500 setup directly via HDMI cable from a HTPC (no processors in between) running 4:4:4 60hz without any problems. If I can't find anyone who has successfully pulled this off I may be more inclined to refund rather than exchange.

Disappointing since the PQ is very nice on this set and I have no complaints other than this persistent and obnoxious problem.

Did you enabled HDMI UHD COLOR for that HDMI port?? That fixed my problems.
post #11436 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rad4 View Post
FALD on the Vizio was amazing. That's not the reason I went through 5 of them before the KS8000.
FALD is great in that in makes for very deep blacks. But it has it's flaws too. Everytime a movie ends and the credits start scrolling up the screen, the credits "fluctuate" in brightness as they go up the screen. Obviously, not a huge deal, but something that even my wife noticed (and she doesn't normally notice "flaws" with TV tech). She also noticed the screen backlight brightening/dimming when you go from dark to bright scenes or vice-versa. I also had issues with vertical "banding-while-panning" on things like football and hockey (or anything with large areas of lightly-colored areas, such as blue skies, walls, etc) - I noticed this CONSTANTLY with my Vizio M-Series (especially in dark rooms when even slightly off-center) and it drove me crazy enough to flat out return the set (after trying 1 exchange). Not sure if this is definitely related to FALD or not, but I've never noticed it on my edge-lit sets. I honestly assumed it was from slightly-brighter rows of LEDs or something...

It's great technology, but definitely not perfect. To me, if the screen can dim the black bar areas for letterbox and 4:3 content, that's my main concern. The black levels on VA panels are pretty damn good even without FALD...

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
post #11437 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 21
So it's me YET again, the one who keeps harping on the white/gray uniformity. Hopefully, my post is different this time, seeing as how the pictures I took last night actually capture what I'm talking about (earlier ones didn't do the "problem" justice).

First of all, I'm sorry to everyone struggling to get a good screen. My set has ZERO flashlighting or clouding, even when my bias lighting is turned off and I'm viewing in a pitch black room. In this regard, my TV is perfect. I actually can't believe how deep the blacks are (I keep praising this, but I'm still in awe).

Look at the following pictures I've captured of white screens and tell me if you notice the color shift from left to right. There are darker edges, which is fine, but there's also a SLIGHT color shift that has more "red" (or it could be that the darker is MORE darker which appears as having more red).

My wife even noticed it, which is strange, because she never notices any of these issues.

Can everyone (who's willing, of course) post their white/gray screens?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161108_232127.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1761553   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161108_231922.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1761561   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161108_232129.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1761569   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161109_065955.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1761577  
post #11438 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicofchrist View Post
So it's me YET again, the one who keeps harping on the white/gray uniformity. Hopefully, my post is different this time, seeing as how the pictures I took last night actually capture what I'm talking about (earlier ones didn't do the "problem" justice).
I definitely see what you are talking about. However, in my opinion, if that is the only issue you have, I probably wouldn't worry about it. I don't think you'll ever get a "perfect" set with no light-bleed, perfect uniformity, no dead/stuck pixels, no back-panel separation issues, etc.

This particular issue would only be noticeable when viewing screens that have little content and a pure white background. Although, if you are using it primarily as a PC monitor, maybe it would be an issue. If using for general TV viewing, it wouldn't be much of an issue...

But in the end, it's up to you to decide whether or not you want to play the "panel lottery"....

The_Donster and King Richard like this.
post #11439 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
I definitely see what you are talking about. However, in my opinion, if that is the only issue you have, I probably wouldn't worry about it. I don't think you'll ever get a "perfect" set with no light-bleed, perfect uniformity, no dead/stuck pixels, no back-panel separation issues, etc.

This particular issue would only be noticeable when viewing screens that have little content and a pure white background. Although, if you are using it primarily as a PC monitor, maybe it would be an issue. If using for general TV viewing, it wouldn't be much of an issue...

But in the end, it's up to you to decide whether or not you want to play the "panel lottery"....

This is actually exclusively a gaming TV. As you said, I scrapped my plans to integrate PC use, because I can't look at the whites all the time...haha.

Also, as mentioned, I have zero other issues. On one hand, that makes me feel "luck" and clingy to my current set. On the other hand, I'm so close to perfect, that I'm itching to see what everyone else has to find if it's even possible to get a set without the color shift (it looks like both of RTing.com's sets had similar patterns of non-uniformity.)

If I'd ordered online, I'd be more inclined to suck it up. Since I live next to Best Buy and they've guaranteed a hassle-free exchange/return for 45 days, I'm more tempted.

I wish I knew that this color shift was unavoidable so that I could settle.
post #11440 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicofchrist View Post

First of all, I'm sorry to everyone struggling to get a good screen. My set has ZERO flashlighting or clouding, even when my bias lighting is turned off and I'm viewing in a pitch black room. In this regard, my TV is perfect. I actually can't believe how deep the blacks are (I keep praising this, but I'm still in awe).

Look at the following pictures I've captured of white screens and tell me if you notice the color shift from left to right. There are darker edges, which is fine, but there's also a SLIGHT color shift that has more "red" (or it could be that the darker is MORE darker which appears as having more red).

My wife even noticed it, which is strange, because she never notices any of these issues.

Can everyone (who's willing, of course) post their white/gray screens?

It's most likely because the screen is not perfectly flat either.
That's pretty normal btw especially since these TVs are super thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
King Richard likes this.
post #11441 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Btw the UK has the 1150.7 update released as well. Still nothing for North America!

mrtickleuk likes this.
post #11442 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDLee View Post
Any update on this? Got my KS8000 today and noticed the same thing with my Comcast/Xfinity X1 box. Seems to occur every couple minutes. Very noticeable and annoying.

Also, I noticed stuttering/juddering on TBS HD during Seinfeld even though I have the Rtings auto motion settings set to custom and the values both at 0 per their suggestion. I also tried low values of 3 on each and still have the issue. Anyone have any tips?
There have been a number of posts by DirecTV users experiencing the same thing - myself included. I found that by moving from a 4K to an HD Genie box eliminated the sound drop off - there isn't enough 4k programming worth pursuing on DirecTV. The juttering/stuttering - consistent on ABC, HGTV, sometimes Food Network, TNT, TBS.News and sports are fine. The jitterbug can float from channel to channel. It's very frustrating, regardless of AMP settings or establishing 720p as the cable resolution of choice. Best Buy looked at the issue and decided to order a new OCB for me - should be here in a week. Don't know if that will help. DirecTV will be out this Saturday - it's hard when one has a handshake issue between a provider and the TV.

No issues with sound or image on streaming inputs or BluRay. I wonder if an update can address this. I'm going to keep pursuing this until I get a new motherboard, new set, or a refund beyond the return policy time frame. Good luck, and let us know if you stumble across The Solution.
post #11443 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I just received a KS8000 and it is working great! The one thing I noticed his morning is when the sunlight shines on the TV I get some red reflections. This only happens when the TV is off and when you look at the screen from an angle. When I look at the screen head on it looks perfectly black.

The patches that reflect red appear almost like oil slicks. Kind of shiny with a bit of a rainbow affect. Again, no issues head on and no issues with the TV (uniformity is great and little to no bleed).

Could this just be the sun reflecting off some material or adhesive under the screen?
post #11444 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked: 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe75xp View Post
I have to admit that when I first set up it was hard to see a better picture in the KS8000. I was almost ready to return it more than once. I happen to get it a couple weeks before the Olympics and actually tested them side by side. After some time playing with settings and seeing how good PQ is with 4K/HDR I was more than happy to move on from plasma.
My wife was the same way. She noted that the colors were "wrong" - a result of mapping the Rec 601 and 709 colors to the set's native gamut, I'd imagine - and that it was "too bright". Putting the set in "Movie" mode and "Auto" gamut with a calibration to Rec 709 (we currently have no 4K sources other than the internal Netflix and Amazon apps) via our Radiance processor got her loving it.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #11445 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpSpeed2013 View Post
I just received a KS8000 and it is working great! The one thing I noticed his morning is when the sunlight shines on the TV I get some red reflections. This only happens when the TV is off and when you look at the screen from an angle. When I look at the screen head on it looks perfectly black.

The patches that reflect red appear almost like oil slicks. Kind of shiny with a bit of a rainbow affect. Again, no issues head on and no issues with the TV (uniformity is great and little to no bleed).

Could this just be the sun reflecting off some material or adhesive under the screen?

That's the anti reflective coating doing its job.

The_Donster likes this.
post #11446 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
Quote:

That's the anti reflective coating doing its job.

Yeah, I went to look for it again and I couldn't find it. It looked as if there were some "patches" in the anti reflective coating that look like oil slicks when viewed at the right angle. What's odd is they don't move, certain reddish patches are visible in the same spot but only direct sunlight. But you can only see it when looking with the sun and far off axis. Looking head on I can't see anything so I assume this may just be some inconsistency in the anti-reflective coating that is caught by the sun?
post #11447 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52LG60FTW View Post
I'm done with this edge lit crap from Samsung. These TV's should have Full Array backlighting for the price they are asking. Also, the local dimming is total garbage. Who wants a part of the screen to light up in bright scenes? The quality control is garbage and I don't feel like buying my 3rd set. First 65KS8500 had what looked like dark liquid stains between the glass and panel and my new one which I set up today has bad backlight bleeding. Worst is in the bottom left corner.

My newest 65KS8500
I totally agree mine is garbage too 49ks8000 corners of light bleed from hell
post #11448 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

i bought a 55ks8000 to replace my 5 yr old Samsung 51PD6500 plasma, i had a few questions

1) what shows or programs are people using to see if the set has any bleed or pixel issues
2) I paid $1200 for the set (price match to $929 pending), i thought OLED had a better picture in BB but willing to hold off a few more years till the price comes down, what can i expect from this set compared to my old plasma (i just want to be realistic)
3) what other things would anyone advice i keep an eye out for to see if this TV is a keeper. I have an AA02 panel.

thanks!
post #11449 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by madusmacus View Post
I totally agree mine is garbage too 49ks8000 corners of light bleed from hell

Not satisfied?= return the garbage
post #11450 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep05 View Post
Not satisfied?= return the garbage
Agree. Get something else and pray for the best, seems they all have issues...just don't get a vizio p if you're looking for quality local dimming or just quality alone.
post #11451 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas Rehbein View Post
Did you enabled HDMI UHD COLOR for that HDMI port?? That fixed my problems.
Yeah it is enabled. That is what allows 4:4:4 60hz with the PC graphics card.

I am on my third cable and am testing with another HDMI port on the one connect. If the problem continues I will try to get the set exchanged or possibly refunded depending on my mood at the time.
post #11452 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I picked up a 65" KS8000 the other day and used rtings recommended settings for judder (auto motion on, blur and judder set to 0), but am still experiencing judder on slow panning shots. Even if I set blur and judder to 3, there's still some judder. Only when I set them to 7+ does it smooth out, however I get the soap opera effect. I just spent a lot of money in hopes to avoid judder without using interpolation and I'm still seeing it. Is there a TV out there that can handle all sources and not have judder?
post #11453 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 898 Post(s)
Liked: 1651
Anyone had issues with sound not working with DirecTV (or another STB) as a source? Connection is direct from DVR to OCB.

I had it up and running on KS8000 and then sound stop working. Picture is fine. Native apps and TV sound is fine. Same DirecTV DVR sound works with same HDMI cable on old TV. I've tried deleting and re-adding it as source. I've tried all OCB ports.

May try resetting SmartHub or TV.

Thoughts?
post #11454 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Got mine last night!

Excited to get it all set-up. No shipping damage thank God! Have to run a high speed HDMI since my current in wall cables are standard speed. New mount and take down the 90 lb plasma. Lot's of work but hope it is worth it.
King Richard likes this.
post #11455 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rad4 View Post
Yeah I guess I'm lost. Anyway, to reiterate, the backlight bleed on my 8500 was terrible, on my 8000 it isn't there at all.
Well, to clarify... backlight bleed on my 8500 is minimal. If I use that same test pattern, even with minimal ambient light (say like in a movie theater), it's noticeable if you look for it, but really isn't an issue except for the most discerning viewers.

If i turn off all light, it's more noticeable. If I take a picture of it, it's very pronounced, even though it's not that bad on the screen. The picture is an extreme exaggeration of what the viewer actually sees.
King Richard likes this.
post #11456 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Quoted: 5213 Post(s)
Liked: 7543
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessarjd View Post
I just spent a lot of money in hopes to avoid judder without using interpolation and I'm still seeing it. Is there a TV out there that can handle all sources and not have judder?
Yes! CRTs avoid judder without using interpolation, but I don't think that is the solution you sought.

Unfortunately any flat panel that uses sample-and-hold to make the picture will seem to judder. It's baked into the technology.

(NB: Remember that displaying a sequence of slightly different images is only giving your eyes the illusion of real motion in the first place)

In these circumstances, you choices are
1. use interpolation, or
2. use Black Frame Insertion - Samsung calls this "LED Clear Motion" and it's in the Auto Motion Plus Custom section. Increase the backlight slightly to compensate for the slight loss of light. Try to get used to the slight flicker, if you can see it (not everyone can). This will give the best compromise available on a sample-and-hold display.
3. Live with the judder.

This is a good article (motion blur is related to the issue) http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/zeromotionblur/
Rolls-Royce and King Richard like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 11-09-2016 at 11:02 AM.
post #11457 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
In these circumstances, you choices are use interpolation, or have the judder.
Okay, so there are no other flat panels like Sony's or whoever else that can avoid judder without interpolation? I've seen people claim their TV is judderless without interpolation, but wasn't sure if it was realistic. If not, it will put my mind at ease that the tech just isn't capable and I don't have to worry about selling or returning this TV to try another one. If all flat panels do this, I'll just live with it.
post #11458 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52LG60FTW View Post
I'm going OLED. Well worth the money for an amazing image and I won't have to worry about bleeding/glowing or crap viewing angles. Burn-in and image retention doesn't bother me at all since the tv won't be in torch mode.

BTW, we all know why Samsung held back full array and it has nothing to do with lowering the price. They just want to entice people into buying their really expensive KS9800. Vizio has full array on their cheap models. No excuses.
and comparatively they look like ****.... to each his own.
post #11459 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessarjd View Post
Okay, so there are no other flat panels like Sony's or whoever else that can avoid judder without interpolation? I've seen people claim their TV is judderless without interpolation, but wasn't sure if it was realistic. If not, it will put my mind at ease that the tech just isn't capable and I don't have to worry about selling or returning this TV to try another one. If all flat panels do this, I'll just live with it.
The judder is only present in this TV when watching cable. Basically, it comes down to the source.

If you're watching a UHD bluray, there is 0 judder since the source is excellent. Same with the 4K HDR demos. Our best bet is hope that 4K HDR quickly becomes the norm but we know that's never going to happen for cable.
post #11460 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
What was the proper way to unpackaged the TV? The box says to slide it out with the back facing up but doesn't that put pressure on the screen from the foam sitting on the front? I found the unboxing directions to be confusing at best.
For me I opened it while the box was vertical and just lifted it up with someone there to make sure the TV didn't tip over. I thought that was the most obvious way to do it but apparently Samsung didn't think so .
The_Donster and mrtickleuk like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page