Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 384 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179988Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11491 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,526
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2298 Post(s)
Liked: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Like I said, the credit thing is NOT a big deal at all, but being that is does this with credits, it can obviously do it with other content as well - it's far from perfect. Overall, I honestly didn't find the picture quality of the M70-D3 all that great. The blacks were great, but otherwise, I was not impressed.
You mentioned the credits and nothing else. This made me assume it was an issue
I guess I would ask the question...while those credits are rolling do you see any panel uniformity issues now?
That is always my issue that I analyze with LCD panels
The M series is a mid range TV and no doubt its not perfect


Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Not exactly - here is an example of the same "banding-while-panning" issue on a P-series - but even worse that my M-Series! :-) The P-Series also seem to have worse uniformity issues than the M-Series.
https://youtu.be/Cqt-o8UtpNw
Hard to tell much from that 7 seconds of video shot off angle
The thing that it had me looking for was color uniformity and brightness at the angle it was shot
It would be hard to believe the P series had worse uniformity than the P series
Though I dont own the P series


Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Maybe FALD is not the root cause here - maybe it's just that the Vizio 2016 SmartCast devices just aren't very good otherwise - but whatever the cause, I've never had any of these issues with my 4-year-old edge-lit 55" Vizio - or any of the other 4 or 5 edge-lit sets I've had - in the same room with the same seating position. The banding issue is just super annoying and enough reason alone to avoid them.

To each their own, but just because a set is a FALD set does not mean that it's better than an edge-lit set.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
Perhaps you are right about FALD not being the root cause
The only Vizio I own is a 3 year old FALD M series
There are significant differences in FALD dimming sets
My Sony 65X950B is right up there with my F8500 plasma in many ways

Before the Samsung KS8000..it had been a few years since I owned an Edge lit set
Some panel uniformity issues in the past, along with off angle viewing issues gave me a bit of a bad taste

Warren

Rm 1 LG65E7 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A and HK PA2400 amps B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM6's.rears
Rm 2 Sony 49x900E Denon X7200 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Sony 55x930E Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Sony 65Z9D
turnne1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11492 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,012
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12812 Post(s)
Liked: 12154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay Garg View Post
Got my 65ks8500 today and was able to experiment with it for half hour.

First impressions:

1. I liked the PQ better than my js9000
2. Tested in dark, minimal, almost none backlight bleeding or clouding
3. Played HDR movie and backlight automatically went to 20, still no clouding, but all of this in standard mode
4. I really miss the smart pointer from my js9000 remote. I was good.
5. Latest Tizen is nice.

Now the messing around:

1. Changed mode to movie, started noticing the clouding on the dark backgrounds
2. Changed the color mode and clouding got worse

That's all i did till now. Initial impression was good, but i feel i will have to keep it in standard mode if I want to avoid clouding. Will get a professional to calibrate.


alot of people have noticed this issue with all samsung 2016 models. Even the FALD ks9800 suffers issues in movie mode. At first the owners switched to standard mode to get better performing dimming, now most of us have switched to Cal Night (better colors than standard, better dimming than movie mode, brightest mode of all of them).

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
post #11493 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
alot of people have noticed this issue with all samsung 2016 models. Even the FALD ks9800 suffers issues in movie mode. At first the owners switched to standard mode to get better performing dimming, now most of us have switched to Cal Night (better colors than standard, better dimming than movie mode, brightest mode of all of them).
Oh, thank you. I will search for that mode.
Tanmay Garg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11494 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,012
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12812 Post(s)
Liked: 12154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay Garg View Post
Oh, thank you. I will search for that mode.

unfortunately this requires a service menu trip. Im chatting with some tech review guys and trying to let them know these issues are on the edge lit models as well and hopefully samsung can fix it via FW.

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
post #11495 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
unfortunately this requires a service menu trip. Im chatting with some tech review guys and trying to let them know these issues are on the edge lit models as well and hopefully samsung can fix it via FW.


How do you get to the service menu on the KS8000?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eephusman likes this.
Elisha is offline  
post #11496 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
unfortunately this requires a service menu trip. Im chatting with some tech review guys and trying to let them know these issues are on the edge lit models as well and hopefully samsung can fix it via FW.
How do I access this service menu? I wouldn't mind trying the other modes out. Why aren't these given to us from the start?
ant the ninja is offline  
post #11497 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 7,528
Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5213 Post(s)
Liked: 7543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
unfortunately this requires a service menu trip. Im chatting with some tech review guys and trying to let them know these issues are on the edge lit models as well and hopefully samsung can fix it via FW.
If you get the chance to ask them, there's this bug that happens in Cal-day and Cal-night modes that would be great if Samsung could fix

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161109_214059.jpg
Views:	2024
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1762161  
The_Donster likes this.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is online now  
post #11498 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
If you get the chance to ask them, there's this bug that happens in Cal-day and Cal-night modes that would be great if Samsung could fix

Is this menu accessible to everyone or is there something special that needs to be done?

Also, when it is changed will it change every source mode or just the one you are currently watching? And, would you guys recommend this setting for all sources like cable, etc. Thanks
Lent53 is offline  
post #11499 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
jtrosky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
You mentioned the credits and nothing else. This made me assume it was an issue
I guess I would ask the question...while those credits are rolling do you see any panel uniformity issues now?
That is always my issue that I analyze with LCD panels
The M series is a mid range TV and no doubt its not perfect
No - I do not notice any panel uniformity issues when credits are rolling. Just the credits themselves getting dimmer and brighter as they move up the screen. It's obviously related to the local-dimming. If the credits are directly above/below each other, there is no issue - but if there is space between the credits, you see the dimming/brightening as they move up the screen. Again, this in itself is not really an issue, but does highlight some of the limitations and side-effects of FALD. Obviously, the more zone, the less of a problem it would be.

When I bought my M70-D3, I was expecting a huge difference in picture quality compared to my 4-year old M3D550SL, but I actually prefer my M3D550SL (which I paid like $800 for 4 years ago) - especially for football.


Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1
Hard to tell much from that 7 seconds of video shot off angle
The thing that it had me looking for was color uniformity and brightness at the angle it was shot
It would be hard to believe the P series had worse uniformity than the P series
Though I dont own the P series
So you don't see those vertical "bands" on the screen as the screen pans? That is the "banding-while-panning" issue that I'm referring to. It's worse when viewing "off-axis" (even slightly), but is still visible head-on a little as well. Maybe not everyone notices it - but it drives me crazy - especially on a brand new $2k TV! :-) When reviewing uniformity issues on the P-Series section of the forum, it's quite obvious that the P-Series has some uniformity issues. The uniformity in general on the M-Series isn't that bad - until you go off-axis. From the pictures I've seen, it's definitely worse on the P-Series (when viewing the built-in calibration screens).

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1
Perhaps you are right about FALD not being the root cause
The only Vizio I own is a 3 year old FALD M series
There are significant differences in FALD dimming sets
My Sony 65X950B is right up there with my F8500 plasma in many ways

Before the Samsung KS8000..it had been a few years since I owned an Edge lit set
Some panel uniformity issues in the past, along with off angle viewing issues gave me a bit of a bad taste
See, I'm the opposite - got a bad taste from the Vizio 2016 M-Series FALD set. :-) Like I said, I just never had those issues with any of my edge-lit screens, so I just assumed that it was a FALD-related issue - but maybe it's just a Vizio 2016 SmartCast series issue... The blacks are definitely great on the 2016 M-Series, but that's about it...

Now I'm debating between a KS8000 or an LG OLED 65" (B6P). It seems each tech has it's own set of issues - just need to figure out which issues annoy you the least. Almost makes me want to go back to CRT sets!! Ok, not really, but... :-)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
jtrosky is online now  
post #11500 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How do we enter service menu on KS8000 with smart remote?
don62884 is offline  
post #11501 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
TheGameScouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Weird Purple/Green effect while gaming

I've been noticing this very weird effect while gaming on PS4. Every once in a while, the image will double with an odd purple/green double effect that lasts a second. It happens completely randomly, and I haven't been able to isolate the issue. I tried turning off HDMI UHD, but that didn't help. Has anyone here experienced anything similar? If so, any suggestions?
many thanks!
TheGameScouts is offline  
post #11502 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,526
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2298 Post(s)
Liked: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
No - I do not notice any panel uniformity issues when credits are rolling. Just the credits themselves getting dimmer and brighter as they move up the screen. It's obviously related to the local-dimming. If the credits are directly above/below each other, there is no issue - but if there is space between the credits, you see the dimming/brightening as they move up the screen. Again, this in itself is not really an issue, but does highlight some of the limitations and side-effects of FALD. Obviously, the more zone, the less of a problem it would be.

When I bought my M70-D3, I was expecting a huge difference in picture quality compared to my 4-year old M3D550SL, but I actually prefer my M3D550SL (which I paid like $800 for 4 years ago) - especially for football.
and I look for panel uniformity on a black screen as the credits roll along with how smoothly they move
For me..every edge lit set I have owned had some panel uniformity issues on a black screen that I thought were noticeable
Blooming can be an issue on FALD dimming set...especially with the large zones like the M series has
The P series ..in that size...as I recall has about twice the amount of zones
I have not owned the most recent P series...but I do have a M501A2R FALD that is used in my bedroom
A nice Tv .unless you watch it at anything other than head on



Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
So you don't see those vertical "bands" on the screen as the screen pans? That is the "banding-while-panning" issue that I'm referring to. It's worse when viewing "off-axis" (even slightly), but is still visible head-on a little as well. Maybe not everyone notices it - but it drives me crazy - especially on a brand new $2k TV! :-) When reviewing uniformity issues on the P-Series section of the forum, it's quite obvious that the P-Series has some uniformity issues. The uniformity in general on the M-Series isn't that bad - until you go off-axis. From the pictures I've seen, it's definitely worse on the P-Series (when viewing the built-in calibration screens).
I dont really see the huge issue on that short video..well, related to banding I guess
I have messed around with quite a few P series Tv's..in the store...and have not seen the widespread uniformity issues you speak about
I do have other issues with the P series...but uniformity, generally speaking, was not one of them
I have spent zero time with the M series so I cant comment



Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Now I'm debating between a KS8000 or an LG OLED 65" (B6P). It seems each tech has it's own set of issues - just need to figure out which issues annoy you the least. Almost makes me want to go back to CRT sets!! Ok, not really, but... :-)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
well..if the OLED is affordable that would be a no brainier for about 99% of people I do believe

Just the black levels and off angle viewing would be huge pluses

Maybe what you speak about in the Vizio FALD panel uniformity if a Vizio issue
I got a fire sale deal on a Sony 65X950B a few weeks and ago and I have been watching and analyzing it closely
It has zero screen uniformity issues and has plasma like natural looking color
Its Achilles heel being off angle viewing. There is noticeable change from even 20-30 degrees from dead center

Warren

Rm 1 LG65E7 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A and HK PA2400 amps B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM6's.rears
Rm 2 Sony 49x900E Denon X7200 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Sony 55x930E Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Sony 65Z9D
turnne1 is offline  
post #11503 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 04:02 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Jeez. That post is super old. All solved ages ago.
What was the solution? I have the same problem.
KnownAsEpic is offline  
post #11504 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
thyname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 623
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Samsung Direct Shipping?

I ordered my 65" KS8500 from Samsung website this Sunday. When I placed the order, it said "ships in 1-3 business days".

After I waited patiently to get a shipping confirmation, I called today.

They are telling me the TV is backordered, and they have no estimates whatsoever when it will be in stock. I see it shows "backordered" today on Samsung website, but it was definitely in stock when I ordered very early morning on Sunday (11/6/16). My credit card shows the charge "pending".

Is this common with Samsung? It is nuts that they have no estimates as to when it is expected to be shipped! They are also telling me that since it is "past fulfillment", they cannot cancel the order, but I will have to return the TV when received, and then wait a couple of weeks to get a refund. This is completely unusual, and I am shocked.

I deeply regret doing this, just to save the bucks. I am better off going to BB and picking up one in my truck and bringing it home. Lesson learned...
thyname is offline  
post #11505 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyname View Post
I ordered my 65" KS8500 from Samsung website this Sunday. When I placed the order, it said "ships in 1-3 business days".



After I waited patiently to get a shipping confirmation, I called today.



They are telling me the TV is backordered, and they have no estimates whatsoever when it will be in stock. I see it shows "backordered" today on Samsung website, but it was definitely in stock when I ordered very early morning on Sunday (11/6/16). My credit card shows the charge "pending".



Is this common with Samsung? It is nuts that they have no estimates as to when it is expected to be shipped! They are also telling me that since it is "past fulfillment", they cannot cancel the order, but I will have to return the TV when received, and then wait a couple of weeks to get a refund. This is completely unusual, and I am shocked.



I deeply regret doing this, just to save the bucks. I am better off going to BB and picking up one in my truck and bringing it home. Lesson learned...


If only you were in NJ. I have an extra Tv coming tomorrow that I have to return because of the similar situation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tanmay Garg is offline  
post #11506 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
thyname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 623
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyname View Post
I ordered my 65" KS8500 from Samsung website this Sunday. When I placed the order, it said "ships in 1-3 business days".

After I waited patiently to get a shipping confirmation, I called today.

They are telling me the TV is backordered, and they have no estimates whatsoever when it will be in stock. I see it shows "backordered" today on Samsung website, but it was definitely in stock when I ordered very early morning on Sunday (11/6/16). My credit card shows the charge "pending".

Is this common with Samsung? It is nuts that they have no estimates as to when it is expected to be shipped! They are also telling me that since it is "past fulfillment", they cannot cancel the order, but I will have to return the TV when received, and then wait a couple of weeks to get a refund. This is completely unusual, and I am shocked.

I deeply regret doing this, just to save the bucks. I am better off going to BB and picking up one in my truck and bringing it home. Lesson learned...
Below is copy/paste reply I got when I also contacted them via the online contact form:

-----------------

​Hello!
I do understand that you would like to know your order status. Unfortunately, I would have to send up your information to our fulfillment center for futher assistance. Per your account the estimated restock date on file is not accurate it is still showing 11/6/16. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the E-Commerce Department. Have a good day.

----------------

Does this make sense to you guys? I doesn't make sense to me one bit.
thyname is offline  
post #11507 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeckelxz5 View Post
I received my 65 inch KS8500 yesterday. I set it up using the settings recommended on this site, however I am seeing pixelating when playing UHD blu rays from my xbox one s. I watched parts of Star Trek Beyond and Independence Day Resurgence and saw the issue with Both. Tends to be more noticeable on brighter scenes and on faces.


The Xbox One S is setup for 10 bit with standard color and shows my TV supports all 4k settings. During playback it shows 2160p resolution and a popup saying the HDR is working.


Anybody else having this problem or know what can be causing the pixelating?


Has anyone else had this issue?


I'm also having another problem and the TV will no longer connect to the wifi. It connected fine on initial setup and now will not connect at all. The network is fine and working on all other devices. Anybody no how to trouble shoot?
jjeckelxz5 is offline  
post #11508 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,063
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Liked: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyname View Post
Below is copy/paste reply I got when I also contacted them via the online contact form:

-----------------

​Hello!
I do understand that you would like to know your order status. Unfortunately, I would have to send up your information to our fulfillment center for futher assistance. Per your account the estimated restock date on file is not accurate it is still showing 11/6/16. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the E-Commerce Department. Have a good day.

----------------

Does this make sense to you guys? I doesn't make sense to me one bit.
As I told you before, this happens. And its played out exactly how I said it would. If you can't wait, cancel it and buy locally.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #11509 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,640
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownAsEpic View Post
What was the solution? I have the same problem.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post47982777
The_Donster and frisbfreek like this.
WilliamG is offline  
post #11510 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Senior Member
 
nadrojcote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Can anyone recommend a good bias light that has a remote and doesn't look blue/purple? I'd like it to match the yellowing colour of movie mode. Probably somewhere around 4000k equivalent.

I bought one off amazon and it looked purple it was supposed to be 6500k.
nadrojcote is offline  
post #11511 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b_rad4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,204
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
FALD is great in that in makes for very deep blacks. But it has it's flaws too. Everytime a movie ends and the credits start scrolling up the screen, the credits "fluctuate" in brightness as they go up the screen. Obviously, not a huge deal, but something that even my wife noticed (and she doesn't normally notice "flaws" with TV tech). She also noticed the screen backlight brightening/dimming when you go from dark to bright scenes or vice-versa. I also had issues with vertical "banding-while-panning" on things like football and hockey (or anything with large areas of lightly-colored areas, such as blue skies, walls, etc) - I noticed this CONSTANTLY with my Vizio M-Series (especially in dark rooms when even slightly off-center) and it drove me crazy enough to flat out return the set (after trying 1 exchange). Not sure if this is definitely related to FALD or not, but I've never noticed it on my edge-lit sets. I honestly assumed it was from slightly-brighter rows of LEDs or something...

It's great technology, but definitely not perfect. To me, if the screen can dim the black bar areas for letterbox and 4:3 content, that's my main concern. The black levels on VA panels are pretty damn good even without FALD...

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk


Never noticed either. And did you have the 50"? It had the screen dimming problem switching scenes.

Also, I don't give a rats *** what a tv looks like on movie credits. The KS8000 has more of an issue with its blooming than the Vizio ever did on credits.

I would take Vizios fald in my ks8000 any day of the week.

LG 55C9, Samsung 55KS8000, Panasonic 50VT25
b_rad4 is offline  
post #11512 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Liked: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
Do you notice any change at all?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No - can't see anything different.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Nvidia Shield TV (2019) | Fire TV Stick 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is online now  
post #11513 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b_rad4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,204
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hanson View Post
Well, to clarify... backlight bleed on my 8500 is minimal. If I use that same test pattern, even with minimal ambient light (say like in a movie theater), it's noticeable if you look for it, but really isn't an issue except for the most discerning viewers.



If i turn off all light, it's more noticeable. If I take a picture of it, it's very pronounced, even though it's not that bad on the screen. The picture is an extreme exaggeration of what the viewer actually sees.


No it wasn't. That photo is exactly what I seen on the 8500 I had. And like I said 5 times, my 8000 doesn't have that issue. I'll take the same picture in the same environment tomorrow.

LG 55C9, Samsung 55KS8000, Panasonic 50VT25
b_rad4 is offline  
post #11514 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b_rad4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,204
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadrojcote View Post
Can anyone recommend a good bias light that has a remote and doesn't look blue/purple? I'd like it to match the yellowing colour of movie mode. Probably somewhere around 4000k equivalent.



I bought one off amazon and it looked purple it was supposed to be 6500k.


Loominoodle is awesome. Think it was $20 on Amazon. Very happy with it and it seems to be the most recommended here.

LG 55C9, Samsung 55KS8000, Panasonic 50VT25
b_rad4 is offline  
post #11515 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Member
 
movies2090's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: WI
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyname View Post
I ordered my 65" KS8500 from Samsung website this Sunday. When I placed the order, it said "ships in 1-3 business days".

After I waited patiently to get a shipping confirmation, I called today.

They are telling me the TV is backordered, and they have no estimates whatsoever when it will be in stock. I see it shows "backordered" today on Samsung website, but it was definitely in stock when I ordered very early morning on Sunday (11/6/16). My credit card shows the charge "pending".

Is this common with Samsung? It is nuts that they have no estimates as to when it is expected to be shipped! They are also telling me that since it is "past fulfillment", they cannot cancel the order, but I will have to return the TV when received, and then wait a couple of weeks to get a refund. This is completely unusual, and I am shocked.

I deeply regret doing this, just to save the bucks. I am better off going to BB and picking up one in my truck and bringing it home. Lesson learned...


This is what I gathered from an online chat just now:






Stuart: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung pre-sales support. We appreciate your interest in Samsung products. How may I assist you today?
Visitor: I'm actually wondering if you can check on the instock status of the KS8000 65" TV? I ordered one Saturday and it hasn't shipped yet despite it saying it would ship in 1-3 business days and the website still shows 1-3 business days if I ordered one now.
Stuart: Unfortunately, pre-sales support do not have option to check order status.
Stuart: However, you can contact our direct sales department for the exact information.
Stuart: I'll help you with the contact details.
Stuart: You can reach them at toll-free at 855-726-8721, seven days a week, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. EST.
Stuart: Yes, the 65'' KS8000 TV is in stock.
Stuart: Are there any other questions I can answer for you?
Visitor: I already talked to them earlier and they weren't helpful unfortunately. They said it should be shipping today with no other useful information. Thank you for letting me that it is in stock though. Is it normal for orders to take more than 3 business days when an item is in stock?
Stuart: Delivery for our standard shipping will be within 5-7 business days.
Visitor: Ah.
Visitor: So almost 2 weeks to put an order in for it to be delivered?
Stuart: No, the TV ships in 1-3 business days and for delivery it will take another 2-4 business days.
Visitor: oh ok. So I should roughly be looking at early to mid next week for delivery. That's useful information!
Stuart: Thank you.
Stuart: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Visitor: Nope that'd be it. Thank you.
Stuart: You're most welcome.
Stuart: Thanks for chatting with Samsung Support. If you have a minute, please click on the blue “X close” button to receive the transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey to help us serve you better




At least that gives me a better idea on when my tv might ship/arrive. Still longer than it should be but I'm just anxious for my new toy
movies2090 is offline  
post #11516 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,063
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Liked: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rad4 View Post
Loominoodle is awesome. Think it was $20 on Amazon. Very happy with it and it seems to be the most recommended here.
That's what I use as well. OP did ask for a remote but I don't know of any with a remote? I don't need one though as it plugs into the USB port of TV and powers on and off with TV
The_Donster and King Richard like this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #11517 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:47 PM
NTC
Senior Member
 
NTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alabama, USA
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by don62884 View Post
How do we enter service menu on KS8000 with smart remote?
Not with "smart" remote.
King Richard and mrtickleuk like this.
NTC is offline  
post #11518 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperGP View Post
Seems like my TV is broken. It's gone mad. It's showing picture of Donald Trump as USA president.

Maybe you were just having a Nightmare ???





Did you try pinching yourself ???


King Richard is offline  
post #11519 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Member
 
Ether Strike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGameScouts View Post
I've been noticing this very weird effect while gaming on PS4. Every once in a while, the image will double with an odd purple/green double effect that lasts a second. It happens completely randomly, and I haven't been able to isolate the issue. I tried turning off HDMI UHD, but that didn't help. Has anyone here experienced anything similar? If so, any suggestions?
many thanks!
This is one the strangest quirks I have with this tv. I first only had this happen on the PS4, like once per session, usually within the first 5 minutes of starting a game. Then I disabled HDMI UHD and it didn't do it for a while but eventually did it again. I thought this might be just a PS4 thing but then I saw it with the Wii U while playing New Super Mario Bros U, but at a few random times, particularly if a lot of flashing rainbow colors were happening at the same time. Very odd indeed!
Ether Strike is offline  
post #11520 of 36743 Old 11-09-2016, 06:00 PM
NTC
Senior Member
 
NTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alabama, USA
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant the ninja View Post
How do I access this service menu? I wouldn't mind trying the other modes out. Why aren't these given to us from the start?
Service menu is mainly for service technicians, and for qualified calibrators. That is why information on accessing the service menu is not given "from the start".

That being said, the information you seek is not hard to find if you know how to search, but if in your search you come across stories of how easy it was to ruin the TV by accessing the service menu, I would advise you to read those too. You need to understand that changing things in the service menu may not be covered, and may even void your warranty with Samsung.
NTC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off