I purchased the M65-D0 last week at Best Buy for $1149, then came back and got them to price match Costco's $999.99 deal. I had a ton of issues getting the thing to work to my liking, namely due to smartcast not working well in my network configuration. I am generally not a fan of having to use the tablet for configuring picture settings, but I could get used to it. I'm currently having issues playing HDR Bluray content on the Xbox One S, and, after reading more reviews, I think ultimately, although the M65-D0 is a great deal, i'm going to be disappointed with the lack of color quality due to it being an 8 bit panel. So i'm going to return the thing and spend an extra $500 for either the P65-C1 or 65KS8000. I read some review sites and they favor the vizio. I read others that favor the Samsung. I really don't know who to believe, so i'm hoping some of you out there can help me make a decision based on your personal observations. Here are my viewing habits/priorities/TV room setup:
1. HDR content. Although I probably wont spend the most TIME watching HDR movies (due to limited availability), its the #1
reason i'm buying a tv. This is not my "general use" TV. its a TV in my "man cave." 90% of the time, i'll be watching movies, or shows on HBO like Game of Thrones, Westworld, etc. For HRD content, I want to watch Mad Max, The Martian, Sicario, and really be blown away by how amazing the colors look. I want the colors to POP. Just as important to me are the black levels. I'm coming from an old LG LCD and "bleeding" annoys the crap out of me. If i'm watching a movie, I want the letterboxes to be as close to black as possible. If i'm watching a movie set in space, I don't want to see a glow around a ship or other object moving across the screen. I also hate "banding" that I generally only notice when watching a movie and it pans up to show the sky.
2. The TV needs to handle cable broadcastsports motion well. I want a little "blockiness/pixilation" when watching cable content as possible.
3. Although most of the time I will be watching the TV in a dark room, there will be times i'll be watching during the day (sports mostly). Unfortunately, the way the room is configured, there is a window sitting behind where my couch is, aimed directly at the TV, so a set to reduce reflection or just be bright enough to counteract the glare, would be awesome.
4. The room is longer than it is wide. As such, I'm not concerned about needing to have wider viewing angle.
5. Although I have an xbox one S, I mainly use it because I like how it incorporates my Cable TV, has tons of streaming apps, and a Bluray player, all in one. I will rarely, if ever, play games on the TV so gaming is not important at all, HDR, or otherwise.
As KS8000 owners, can you provide any advise on how the Samsung would meet my needs? I'm somewhat concerned about the black levels/blooming from some of the reviews I have read, but everything else sounds like its great (aside from lack of dolby vision support).