Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 569 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179955Likes

post #17041 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze Time View Post
I don't have cable. Simple receiver? Like $400 simple? LOL You do realize I have already bought all my systems. A TV purchase plus the extras I need to use all my stuff would cost a lot. The KS8000 is not friendly to any video connection other than HDMI. It's a lame oversight.
This receiver is only 160 from accessories for less. Idk what your budget is but this has HDCP2.2 and component, composite, HDMI. Figured I would chime in. I bought my receiver for 300 off of here and is great but needed it for new speakers my wife bought me.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...eceiver/1.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17042 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweendog101 View Post
This receiver is only 160 from accessories for less. Idk what your budget is but this has HDCP2.2 and component, composite, HDMI. Figured I would chime in. I bought my receiver for 300 off of here and is great but needed it for new speakers my wife bought me.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...eceiver/1.html
Thanks for that link and suggestion sweendog. I do not have any speakers so surround sound is not going to happen. As I have stated before, there really is no room for a big ol receiver with my current setup. Any sound would be coming out of the TV too.

Off topic but when you say your wife bought you the speakers, does she have a job where she makes her own money and you each have a separate account? I know most marriages just throw all the money each one makes into a joint account which makes no sense to me but I always find it funny when my friend will tell me his wife bought him something when she doesn't work lol.

Awesome that you're in Omaha. One of my favorite bands is 311 and that's where they are from. Ever heard this song?
post #17043 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdchance View Post
Did they replace the panel with the same brand panel? IE Samsung panel replaced with another Samsung.
FA01 for another FA01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17044 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze Time View Post
Thanks for that link and suggestion sweendog. I do not have any speakers so surround sound is not going to happen. As I have stated before, there really is no room for a big ol receiver with my current setup. Any sound would be coming out of the TV too.

Off topic but when you say your wife bought you the speakers, does she have a job where she makes her own money and you each have a separate account? I know most marriages just throw all the money each one makes into a joint account which makes no sense to me but I always find it funny when my friend will tell me his wife bought him something when she doesn't work lol.

Awesome that you're in Omaha. One of my favorite bands is 311 and that's where they are from. Ever heard this song? https://youtu.be/azSKUVrJ_4M
Love this band. Going on 311 Cruise in March
NTC likes this.

65KS8000 DENON X4300H
SVS PRIME SPEAKERS SVS PC-2000 SUB
PS4 PRO XBOX S NVIDIA SHIELD
post #17045 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunPowered View Post
Have any of you had any experience with panel replacement? I assume it's done by removing the back panel, and considering the panel separation issues (mine does not currently have any), I am concerned.

I have not had any experience but there was a YouTube video that showed a back panel being replaced because it was separating. Seemed pretty straight forward and not a big deal. They just replaced the double sided tape and snapped it back in place. I personally would rather have back panel separation as opposed to a problem with the LCD panel.

Search for "KS8000 repaired" and you should find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #17046 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenaline7879 View Post
Love this band. Going on 311 Cruise in March
I was in the Creatures for awhile video. I got to hang out with P-Nut for like 2 hours. Also met Nick, SA and Tim. I've never been on the 311 cruise but I'm sure you'll have a blast. Couldn't you tell I liked them from my screen name?
post #17047 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 04:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Quoted: 5089 Post(s)
Liked: 7416
Quote:
Originally Posted by javygonx View Post
I have a [different TV] ... [comparison] I will return it and get [different model] or if not the [other different model] for [price talk]... [comparison] is a real winner..... Im sad becuase at [price talk] the [comparison]; but as I said maybe I got a bad unit; and at this moment is not worthy paying [price talk] if a [price talk] display can do the same!
from Post number 1:
MODERATOR'S NOTE: This thread is exclusively for current owners of the listed sets. It is not a comparison thread. It is not a "Help Me Choose"" thread except, perhaps between listed models. It is not a place for owners of other sets to come in and bash this set, even if you also own this set. OWNERS ONLY and discussions of the listed sets ONLY. If you do not own the listed set(s), it's highly advised you DO NOT POST in this thread.

DrDon, jeep05, Terminader and 3 others like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #17048 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey guys,

Did something change with HDR in this update? I was playing Uncharted 4 on my PS4 Pro with HDR last night before the TV update, and it looked amazing. Today when I turned on my TV after downloading the update, I started up the same game with the exact same settings but it looked different? Idk it seems to be less colorful and more washed out, i'm definitely not crazy, cause I noticed it immediately when I started playing the game. This makes me sad cause I literally don't know what to do, the game used to look so great with HDR.
alucard_x likes this.
post #17049 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1298 Post(s)
Liked: 2143
Quote:
Originally Posted by javygonx View Post
What panels you have? Mine is EA01 and bleeds are now all bottom side to side. See this pic; pplus the fact that this morning appears the beautiful green vertical line . For sure I will return this!!! See this pic
So is that the angle you normally watch your TV from, looking down from above? Why not post a pic looking straight at the TV from a normal angle? That would give a better representation of what your actual light bleed is.
NTC and Terminader like this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #17050 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Anyone else's back/return button stop working on the YouTube app? Can't even exit the app without holding the return button for a few seconds. Only happens on the YouTube app.
alucard_x and jeremie like this.
post #17051 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicore View Post
I've seen this in several posts, but I'm still not clear on it, sorry. If one gets a new 4k receiver and then have all video sources to the receiver and then one hdmi to the OCB from the receiver, does the tv still 'see' the various video sources through the one connection and can remember custom settings for each? Or do you lose that feature and need to adjust settings every time you switch sources?
As @Rudy1 has explained, as far as your TV is concerned, it only see one source, and that is your AVR, so you only have one picture setting for non HDR and one picture setting for HDR content. The HDMI-CEC will look pass the AVR, so your TV remote can control the devices behind your AVR. If you want a dedicated picture setting (like gaming), then that device must be connected to the OCB directly.
King Richard likes this.
post #17052 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:09 PM
NTC

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB4XSBC View Post
Anyone else's back/return button stop working on the YouTube app? Can't even exit the app without holding the return button for a few seconds. Only happens on the YouTube app.
Others have reported similar issue, while others have not had any problems. I just tries from starting Youtube, searching videos, playing videos, and backing out all the way to exit using the return (u-turn arrow) button with no problem.

I have auto update off, and I'm on Youtube app version from 4/1/2016 on firmware 1154.0
Terminader likes this.
post #17053 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunPowered View Post
What do you guys think? I received my 65ks8000 last week and there are, what appear to be, foreign objects beneath the glass (middle of screen and right of center).
I have had TWO 49KS8000 with foreign object contamination. In both cases they looked like fiber or hairs. Also had a third one that had a small gray dot which looked like a dead pixel however upon closer examination it appeared to be either contamination similar to yours or some type of imperfection in the screen coating.

There are quality control problems. I have had worse luck than most however obviously the chances of obtaining a perfect set are not that good.
post #17054 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Quoted: 5089 Post(s)
Liked: 7416
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefr View Post
As @Rudy1 has explained, as far as your TV is concerned, it only see one source, and that is your AVR, so you only have one picture setting for non HDR and one picture setting for HDR content. The HDMI-CEC will look pass the AVR, so your TV remote can control the devices behind your AVR. If you want a dedicated picture setting (like gaming), then that device must be connected to the OCB directly.
I've got Standard (HDR and SDR), Movie (HDR and SDR). Also by unlocking them in the service menu, Cal-Night (HDR and SDR) and Cal-Day (HDR and SDR) so that's 4 rather than 1
NTC and Terminader like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #17055 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTC View Post
Others have reported similar issue, while others have not had any problems. I just tries from starting Youtube, searching videos, playing videos, and backing out all the way to exit using the return (u-turn arrow) button with no problem.

I have auto update off, and I'm on Youtube app version from 4/1/2016 on firmware 1154.0
I'm on 1154 as well. Weird. Has anyone found a fix?
post #17056 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudman63 View Post
I have a Linksys modem that connects fine FOR A DAY. Next day, TV thinks it is still connected but starting up Netflix or checking the connection will fail. I need to reenter the connection info (including the password which Samsung doesn't remember!). Is this the same problem you were/are experiencing? All my other devices (PS3, PS4, Roku, Echo, etc) stay connected and refreshed just fine but not my new, beautiful 65KS8000. It is incredibly annoying to have to re-establish the connection daily. I have separate names for 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks and have tries both. Have also tried reserved IP. No luck.

BTW, thinking this was a problem with the TV and after working with tech support, I exchanged the TV for another. New one has exact same issue so NOT a problem with the TV.

Does anyone have a solution? Barring that, any recommendations for a good router that you KNOW stays connected with KS8000? I should probably upgrade my router anyway but want to make sure it is one that will work.

Last question, I have been searching this forum. I have found a few posts related to what I am looking for but cannot find a way to see/list the responses to the post. Am I missing something? The forum posts are sequential and I can't figure out how to get a thread of responses for a particular post.

Thanks!
My 65KS8000 once in a while will lose the internet connection despite connected to my router. When it happens, there is no setting to re-connect it and I had to pull the power cord to reset it. Once reset, it would be ok. It never forgets the wifi password though. If you have not done it, pull the power cord to reset it and see if it fixes it.
post #17057 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:17 PM
NTC

Quote:
I'm on 1154 as well. Weird. Has anyone found a fix?
Same Youtube version?
post #17058 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodarocas View Post
Hi everyone,

I got my 65" KS8000 last Saturday and just last night I noticed what looks like air bubbles, water spots, smudges or however you want to call them on the screen when the TV is off and you shine a light to it. It looks as when a phone has a screen protector on (with air bubbles under). I called Samsung and first they offered to send a tech out, which I didn't accept. I'm not paying over a grand to have this thing fixed when it's not even a month old. Then they said I could return it and re-order, that they can't simply send me a replacement TV. I had read the many complaints on the back panel separation and was praying I didn't get one of those, well it seems like I got one with another issue. Please advise. Thanks

PS: I attached some pictures...
I have one 65KS8000 and one 65KS8500, and I don't remember there was a protective film on the screen. The protective film is on the border and the back of the TV. If I remember correctly, for the screen protection, there was a piece of styrofoam attached to a card broad.
jeremie likes this.
post #17059 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Same Youtube version?
How do you check the version?
post #17060 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is there anyway to get HD channels via HDHomeRun? It shows up, but it only has SD channels listed.
post #17061 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:27 PM
NTC

Quote:
How do you check the version?
Go into apps, then my apps (not from the quick home screen link on the smart hub), move to youtube, hold down the select/enter button for about 3-5 seconds until a pop-up menu appears. Scroll to view details, it will open Vudu apps detail page. On the left side will tell you the version number and date of app. You may have to click on "more" button on the left side to see all of the details.
post #17062 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodarocas View Post
Hi everyone,

I got my 65" KS8000 last Saturday and just last night I noticed what looks like air bubbles, water spots, smudges or however you want to call them on the screen when the TV is off and you shine a light to it. It looks as when a phone has a screen protector on (with air bubbles under). I called Samsung and first they offered to send a tech out, which I didn't accept. I'm not paying over a grand to have this thing fixed when it's not even a month old. Then they said I could return it and re-order, that they can't simply send me a replacement TV. I had read the many complaints on the back panel separation and was praying I didn't get one of those, well it seems like I got one with another issue. Please advise. Thanks

PS: I attached some pictures...
I'm at my 4th 65" set, just today I replaced 2 sets - must be holding some kind of a record. All the 65" sets I saw have these marks from your pictures. They can be all over the screen or just the bottom half, I have no idea what those are as I asked over and over again on forums and made a bunch of complains to Samsung to no avail.
If it makes you feel better, the marks seem to have no impact on PQ....
mrtickleuk and jeremie like this.
post #17063 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:31 PM
NTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm19 View Post
Is there anyway to get HD channels via HDHomeRun? It shows up, but it only has SD channels listed.
I have 2 different versions of HDHomeRun, and there are many more versions. Which one do you have?
post #17064 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Go into apps, then my apps (not from the quick home screen link on the smart hub), move to youtube, hold down the select/enter button for about 3-5 seconds until a pop-up menu appears. Scroll to view details, it will open Vudu apps detail page. On the left side will tell you the version number and date of app. You may have to click on "more" button on the left side to see all of the details.
Yeah, same version.

I might try reinstalling it.
post #17065 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 05:48 PM
NTC

Quote:
Yeah, same version.

I might try reinstalling it.
Or smart hub reset under setting - support if a re-install doesn't work.

There was something about getting the 1154.0 update when it was starting to be pushed via internet that things started to happen. No one as I can recall had issues with apps between initial release on 12/5/16 until yesterday. I received only a terms and agreement update yesterday, not from any firmware update. Makes me think the firmware update choice under the TV's setting may be used for more than just firmware notification. It's their back door for more than that. (IMHO... emphasis added)
post #17066 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by timick1 View Post
Are those KEF T305 speakers? Your setup looks exactly like mine.

Unfortunately I'll need to be moving my left and right speakers 4"-5" when my 65" KS shows up. I have a Sony 55" on the wall now.

How do you like your speakers?
Ya, they sound really good to me. I used to watch alot of BD and listed to CD's, now it's streaming mostly, both movies/shows and music, so the sound quality has taken a slight hit due to source material, but they are still good, had them for 4 years now.
post #17067 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 06:13 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
I have 2 different versions of HDHomeRun, and there are many more versions. Which one do you have?

I have the Prime. It shows up, but I when I go into channels, it only has SD channels.
post #17068 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 06:15 PM

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide_NVN View Post
I have had TWO 49KS8000 with foreign object contamination. In both cases they looked like fiber or hairs. Also had a third one that had a small gray dot which looked like a dead pixel however upon closer examination it appeared to be either contamination similar to yours or some type of imperfection in the screen coating.

There are quality control problems. I have had worse luck than most however obviously the chances of obtaining a perfect set are not that good.
What was the resolution? Were the sets replaced or repaired?
post #17069 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
How did you get them to send you replacements? They told me I have to return mine and re-order
post #17070 of 36667 Old 12-15-2016, 06:37 PM
NTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm19 View Post
I have the Prime. It shows up, but I when I go into channels, it only has SD channels.
How are you viewing the channels? DNLA? RUI 2.0 was supported on Samsung 2016 TV when they first came out but stopped back in July after a firmware update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page