Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 583 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179870Likes

post #17461 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BShmal View Post
For HDR Gaming:
Picture Mode: Game
Backlight: 20
Brightness: 45
Contrast: 100
Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint (G/R): 50/50
Smart LED: High
HDMI UHD Color: ON
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Color Tone: Warm1
White Balance: Default
Gamma: 0
Color Space: Native

Every Eco Solution setting is Off

I've tried adjusting every single setting and still can't get HDR content to not be washed out/gray. Very odd.
Put color space to AUTO. After one of thee updates, I noticed HDR content with NATIVE on looks washed out. I tried the settings on PS4 PRO, but I think it applies to Xbox One S as well. Let me know if this did anything for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17462 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 4877 Post(s)
Liked: 7173
Quote:
Originally Posted by inopethflames View Post
What's the experts opinions here on the bias/accent led lighting for the tv.
But what's the opinions here?
When you do your search of this thread, you'll find your answers.
jeep05, Terminader and The_Donster like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #17463 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiehutner51 View Post
You can link your account to the app in settings, it will give you a code to link them together. I was able to do it on my TV. If you're not able to find the settings let me know and I will get you some screenshots.
I was able to link my account with the TV app, however I still don't see a way to view the videos on my channel.

I see a library button, but that only shows videos in my watchlist & playlist.

Last edited by tw1st; 12-19-2016 at 06:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17464 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1st View Post
I was able to link my account with the TV app, however I still don't see a way to view the videos on my channel.

Thats strange, when I did it my library showed my videos as well as favorites.
The_Donster likes this.

Ks8000 wall mounted

Check out @samsungenthusiasts on Facebook
post #17465 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
Networking question:

My KS8000 is upstairs in the farthest corner from my modem/router downstairs. Historically, it gets less of a signal than the rest of the house, but I've mitigated it by using an extender and most recently, a brand new AC1900 router with better range. While the PS4, PS3 and Chromecast are all easily able to pick up the signal and connect to the internet, the Network Status screens on the TV show that it's able to connect to the network but not to internet. The second step always shows the little red X.

Weird thing is - all the apps (Youtube, Hulu, Prime) and browsers connect to the internet. (The browser is super slow in loading but I'm expecting that that's just normal?) Streaming online videos seem to be ok (Youtube 4K videos look great). I keep toggling back to Network though and it never shows a connection to the internet. Anyone else experience this?

This wouldn't bug me except for the fact that I use Plex a lot - for some reason ChromeCast on KS8000 has a very slight stutter when streaming videos from downstairs, enough to be annoying, so I've used the Plex app on the TV which would be an ok substitute, but it actually does pause/buffer often when using the native TV app.
I have the Linksys Ac1900 router, I have been having some issues with it since their newest Firmware update. So much so that they had me RMA the device, but once I updated it I had the same issues. My Ks8000 also shows no connection with WIFI but online apps work, I had better success setting up the 2.4mghz and only putting the tv on that. After getting sick of messing with it I just ran a Cat6 cable to it.
Terminader and The_Donster like this.

Ks8000 wall mounted

post #17466 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have a 60 inch which I gave to my brother, I now have a 65 on back order which I am getting really tired of waiting for so I may go to BB and see if they will price match the EPP and pick up a 55. I am worried the 65 will be too big. I know we are so close to new sets, I wonder if I should just wait it out?
post #17467 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiehutner51 View Post
I have the Linksys Ac1900 router, I have been having some issues with it since their newest Firmware update. So much so that they had me RMA the device, but once I updated it I had the same issues. My Ks8000 also shows no connection with WIFI but online apps work, I had better success setting up the 2.4mghz and only putting the tv on that. After getting sick of messing with it I just ran a Cat6 cable to it.
Yea I might have to just hardwire it. The constraint seems to be only on the TV side, and network triaging is a dark, dank hole from which there's no return.
MilitantBEEMER and mrtickleuk like this.
post #17468 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1st View Post

This might be best answered by the folks at "YouTube"
post #17469 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant the ninja View Post
I have a 60 inch which I gave to my brother, I now have a 65 on back order which I am getting really tired of waiting for so I may go to BB and see if they will price match the EPP and pick up a 55. I am worried the 65 will be too big. I know we are so close to new sets, I wonder if I should just wait it out?

There is no such thing as a TV that is too big lol BB is pretty good at price matching, just walk in and be like if you match this price you will sell a tv. 99% of the time it works everytime hahah

Ks8000 wall mounted

post #17470 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Well the YouTube bug is back. Preview boxes on home screen seem to be stacked on one another till you click on right arrow toggle. Oh well.
post #17471 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant the ninja View Post
Sorry...Idiot question. What does EPP stand for?
post #17472 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyKnights View Post
Damn just checked the mono price website.. Those hdmi cables go for 5 bucks hard to believe that that get the job done
One of the reasons they are so cheap is that they don't test them (probably others don't either). Ordered 3 of the 18Gbps cables from them. 2 worked ok, and the 3rd one would not work unless it was held perfectly straight and flat. I contacted them and they sent another one out right away.
MilitantBEEMER likes this.

My current KS800 settings. PM:Movie, BL:13, B:45, C:85, S:0, C:40, T:G48/R52, DCV:Off, AMP:Off, SLED:Low, FM:Auto1, BL: Auto, DC:Off, CT:Warm1, Gam:0, CS:Auto
post #17473 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
OneConnect and wall mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
First off, a big thank you to the members for their assistance in helping me get my 65" KS8000 on the wall and with the information I'll provide for wall mounting. Set up is pretty simple. All you'll need are the tools that your wall mount asks for and 4 M8 1.25 x 45mm. I'd also suggest the Black & Decker Bullseye 190S laser leveler & stud finder. Paid for itself on this project alone. I've attached pictures of both items I used and what my flatscreen looks like on the wall.

Set up is fairly easy and takes at least two people. I'd also put the television on its stand on a table during set up. Your Samsung KS8000 Series will come with 4 spacers and you will need to buy (4) M8 1.25 x 45mm bolts unless your particular wall mount comes with them. I bought a SANUS tilt wall mounts that Costco sells. Outside of the 4 bolts and Samsung spacers do not deviate from your wall mount instructions.

You'll most likely than not have the proper bolts or spacers in your wall mount. I won't confuse the issue, but the one's that came with mine didn't attach properly to the back of the television. My advice is buy the type of bolts I bought to insure you don't over tighten. I was able to hand tighten the bolts to the tilt brackets. Once you do this, follow the rest of your wall mounts instructions to the letter and you'll be golden.

My television snapped right into place without any stress to the back of it. My last bit of advice would be to wear clean gloves or get a couple of clean wash rags for both sides for removing the stands and attaching it to the wall. I love my 65" KS8000, but it is is hard to keep the screen clean. I'll have @frisbfreek attach this to page 1's FAQ, but hit me up if you have any further questions.
Hi Donster, thank you for the detail. I just bought this tv (UN65KS8000) and planning the process of wall mounting and am looking for recommendations on how to setup the OneConnect.

Options I have seen
  1. Don't use OneConnect, connect directly to HDMI ports on tv? (not sure this is possible)
  2. Run OneConnect through the wall? (have read this may be a code violation)
  3. Attach OneConnect to wall mount?

Any suggestions are appreciated

Wall mount - ECHOGEAR Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket
amazon.com/gp/product/B00VMJEK2C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #17474 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTON-HD View Post
Sorry...Idiot question. What does EPP stand for?
Samsung Employee Pricing Portal

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
The_Donster likes this.
post #17475 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskolnikov1944 View Post
Put color space to AUTO. After one of thee updates, I noticed HDR content with NATIVE on looks washed out. I tried the settings on PS4 PRO, but I think it applies to Xbox One S as well. Let me know if this did anything for you.
Nice, so I am not the only one that noticed that. So, is it confirmed as Digital Foundry suggested that Color Space should be set on Auto?
post #17476 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 16
For Netflix Subs: looks like Daredevil S2 and Jessica Jones S1 are in HDR on Netflix now. I would think Luke Cage is coming up soon... Also a new show, The OA, is in HDR. Those three alone I think triple Netflix's HDR slate
King Richard likes this.
post #17477 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2334 Post(s)
Liked: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstjohn17 View Post
Hi Donster, thank you for the detail. I just bought this tv (UN65KS8000) and planning the process of wall mounting and am looking for recommendations on how to setup the OneConnect.

Options I have seen
  1. Don't use OneConnect, connect directly to HDMI ports on tv? (not sure this is possible)
    (snip)

Any suggestions are appreciated

Wall mount - ECHOGEAR Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket
amazon.com/gp/product/B00VMJEK2C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
There are no HDMI ports on the TV. All four are on the OCB.

The TV has one USB port, and an RJ45 Ethernet port. I believe that it has an RS232 port as well. That's all.
The_Donster likes this.
post #17478 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
There are no HDMI ports on the TV. All four are on the OCB.

The TV has one USB port, and an RJ45 Ethernet port. I believe that it has an RS232 port as well. That's all.
Doe! Shows you I know (not much), down to two options that I can think of.

What have people done when wall mounting?

Options I have seen
  1. Run OneConnect through the wall (have read this may be a code violation)
  2. Attach (and hide ) OneConnect to wall mount
  3. Allow One Connect cable to hang down from tv?
post #17479 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nsdan 2 View Post
For Netflix Subs: looks like Daredevil S2 and Jessica Jones S1 are in HDR on Netflix now. I would think Luke Cage is coming up soon... Also a new show, The OA, is in HDR. Those three alone I think triple Netflix's HDR slate
I noticed that but somehow I don't know why but these shows looks too much dark. I was expecting clear and bright picture in HDR but does not look like it. If I enable dynamic contrast then it is bright but then it defeats the purpose of HDR.
post #17480 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 10:13 AM
NTC

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
Networking question:

My KS8000 is upstairs in the farthest corner from my modem/router downstairs. Historically, it gets less of a signal than the rest of the house, but I've mitigated it by using an extender and most recently, a brand new AC1900 router with better range. While the PS4, PS3 and Chromecast are all easily able to pick up the signal and connect to the internet, the Network Status screens on the TV show that it's able to connect to the network but not to internet. The second step always shows the little red X.

Weird thing is - all the apps (Youtube, Hulu, Prime) and browsers connect to the internet. (The browser is super slow in loading but I'm expecting that that's just normal?) Streaming online videos seem to be ok (Youtube 4K videos look great). I keep toggling back to Network though and it never shows a connection to the internet. Anyone else experience this?

This wouldn't bug me except for the fact that I use Plex a lot - for some reason ChromeCast on KS8000 has a very slight stutter when streaming videos from downstairs, enough to be annoying, so I've used the Plex app on the TV which would be an ok substitute, but it actually does pause/buffer often when using the native TV app.
I believe when you do a network status or smart hub connection test, the TV only check if it could connect to a Samsung server. Explains why you can connect to other sites. If you are receiving the message not connected to internet, yet you are, you might have problems receiving updates in the future, firmware and apps. You might want to resolve that.
post #17481 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

Options I have seen
Mine's through the wall.
The_Donster likes this.
post #17482 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 10:21 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
What's the experts opinions here on the bias/accent led lighting for the tv. My tv is in front of shelving with books and stuff, not just a plain flat wall, I assume that doesn't matter too much, but that's how it is.

From the little bit I've looked into it, it seems like it would be a really good thing to have, but I should've looked into it before setting up the tv cause it would be a pain to take the tv down and move stuff out of the way to attach it. Not to mention I don't really wanna touch the tv anymore at all, but I've been having the lights off a lot playing ff15 which has HDR and it seems like a low brightness accent light would look really good and maybe be slightly good for your eyes. But what's the opinions here?

From my Picture Settings Guide:

I highly recommend the use of "Bias Lighting" - especially when viewing in a dark or dimly-lit room. "Bias Lights" help in reducing 'eyestrain' and 'eye fatigue'. As an additional benefit, they also increase the "perceived" contrast of the display, enhancing the TV's black levels, and help mitigate 'blooming' and 'clouding' issues.

For more on "Bias Lights", see What Bias Lighting Is and Why You Should Be Using It.

For my "Bias Lights" recommendation see: www.biaslighting.com

Also see >> THIS POST << and >> THIS ONE <<

Richard
vtalon likes this.

Last edited by King Richard; 12-19-2016 at 11:58 AM.
post #17483 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 10:29 AM

Youtube saga continues...I'm on 1554 and I think the app doesn't play 4k videos anymore. How can I be sure if a video is 1080p or 4k? At video info what does it suppose to say? I'm playing videos from the HDR Channel and it shows the info from the pic I took, nevermind the connection error:

So is it playing 4k or not?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yt.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1840921  
post #17484 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Youtube saga continues...I'm on 1554 and I think the app doesn't play 4k videos anymore. How can I be sure if a video is 1080p or 4k? At video info what does it suppose to say? I'm playing videos from the HDR Channel and it shows the info from the pic I took, nevermind the connection error:

The resolution line would be 3840x2160.

Mine plays 4K on the latest firmware just fine FYI, so it's not the firmware causing your problem. If you're internet is slower, it'll play at a lower resolution.
The_Donster likes this.
post #17485 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
What's the experts opinions here on the bias/accent led lighting for the tv. My tv is in front of shelving with books and stuff, not just a plain flat wall, I assume that doesn't matter too much, but that's how it is.

From the little bit I've looked into it, it seems like it would be a really good thing to have, but I should've looked into it before setting up the tv cause it would be a pain to take the tv down and move stuff out of the way to attach it. Not to mention I don't really wanna touch the tv anymore at all, but I've been having the lights off a lot playing ff15 which has HDR and it seems like a low brightness accent light would look really good and maybe be slightly good for your eyes. But what's the opinions here?
Not sure I'm an "expert", but I can tell you what I have running. I use a Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus adhered to the back on my 49" TV. It is long enough to cover the top and both sides. I can choose any accent color I want as well as have it activated by Amazon Echo.

Now I know you said you do not want to remove the TV, so what about adhering (it is self-stick with adhesive peel-and-stick backing) to the wall instead? If your mount gives you enough room to do this, then it should work well. You'll need to run the power to any solution you come up with regardless, so that is a moot point.

Hope that helps!
post #17486 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 10:39 AM

I don't know if it was my connection or not(doubt it), but it seems to be fine now after I unplugged the power from the TV for about 2 minutes and turned it back on. It now shows the correct resolution....
post #17487 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 10:42 AM
NTC

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:

The DASH will tell you the video and audio. 335 is 1080p and in HDR, with 140 as the mp4a audio at 128k/44.1kHz

There is a 2160p version of that video (DASH=337). I'd say connection speed may be affecting you getting the higher rez.
post #17488 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Xbox One S and the Amazon app. The app had an update last week which gave it 4K and HDR capability which I can definitly tell it has been udpated and 4K output no problem. My question is with the HDR unlike when watching something on Netflix I see the HDR notification but not on the Amazon app. Amazon does have HDR10 for some of their shows correct? Like The Man in the High Castle?
post #17489 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmayor View Post
Mine's through the wall.
Now thats what I love to hear! Thank you sir
post #17490 of 36543 Old 12-19-2016, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:

Options I have seen
My 65ks8500 is wall mounted, the OCB sits on my AV/TV stand and the cable runs through a cable hider that attaches to the wall.

Does anyone else have this issue of saving pics to your PC and they look normal and then when you post they are rotated?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2880.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1841065  

I work to live and live for the beach.
Amateur HT enthusiast.
Samsung 65KS8500/Onkyo 656 AVR, Dolby 5.1.2 Atmos, SVS primes,
Sharp Quatron 3D 60" Onkyo 705 Bonus room
Sharp Quatron 60" Bedroom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page