Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 586 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 180303Likes

post #17551 of 37149 Old 12-19-2016, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Does anyone have some experience with the PQ improving? Ive had the set for about a week, and things have really improved quite a bit.
I have my Comcast box set to the highest output feeding into my AVR, which is set to process up to 4k.
The NFL games of yesterday and today have looked simply outstanding. The clarity and detail were superb. Overall the picture didnt quite have the bright warm colors and the depth I would like, but Im hoping I can achieve that with some tweeking.

The regular HD cable channels havent looked quite as good and there is a lot of variation in PQ depending on the channel, but overall the PQ has improved.

For lack of a better way to say it, the set does seem to lack the richness of my 2 year old Samsung. This set usurped the prime family room spot, buts so far doesnt quite have the full-bodied look of the older one. Im hoping this may resolve itself after a few more hours of being on.

Any insight is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17552 of 37149 Old 12-19-2016, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I don't know MilitantBEEMER, I think quite a few of us have been more than patient with both @Derek922 and @EddyKnights . I'm a firm believer that Derek doesn't use the search or even read the replies some of us have given to his question. Eddy kind of reminds me of me when I hit the forum again. Expected daddy's tend to get nervous over their new toys. So I get it to an extent. Still, he definitely needs to use the search function or Google.

Because the answers to most of his questions are there and have been repeatedly answered. Which is why are are 585 pages, 17550ish deep on this thread alone and people are starting to get itchy trigger fingers with folks asking the same questions over and over again. I used stand positions in the search the thread function and came up with 5 posts alone. I then did a Google search and according to Crutchfield the detachable stand's "footprint" is 46-5/8"W x 11-5/8"D.[/QUOTE]

I get it. Thank you for your reply.
jeep05, Terminader and The_Donster like this.
post #17553 of 37149 Old 12-19-2016, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halicarnassus View Post
The new FW didn't do anything for this as I was hoping. But I did test another scenario, where I set up a different DLNA server (Win10 PC) and streamed from that device instead of from my Synology DS211j NAS running DSM 6.0, and whaddya know, it works fine. So, KS8000 does not like what Synology NAS has to offer somehow. It plays few minutes and quits. The TV log says "Source was disconnected". Sigh.
An update if anyone is interested; or suffering from the same issue... Contrary to what I thought before, the DLNA server connection from the Win10 PC is displaying the same issue too; it cuts of after a while, it just takes longer (~10mins). To further diagnose, I disabled wifi connection on KS8000 and connected it to the network via a cable instead, direct to the router. It seems to be working fine now. I watched 2hrs+ HD streaming and it did not cut off. At this point, I am thinking it might be the Wifi client in the TV.

..just the beginning..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17554 of 37149 Old 12-19-2016, 09:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked: 580
Am I assuming there's no progress on the auto-dimming of the KS8000/8500/9000 etc? I seriously was ready to smash the darn TV today watching on my 65KS8000 The Grand Tour latest episode in 4K HDR. The dimming is downright offensive at times.
KC-Technerd and thegam3 like this.
post #17555 of 37149 Old 12-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyCircus View Post
Does anyone have some experience with the PQ improving? Ive had the set for about a week, and things have really improved quite a bit.
I have my Comcast box set to the highest output feeding into my AVR, which is set to process up to 4k.
The NFL games of yesterday and today have looked simply outstanding. The clarity and detail were superb. Overall the picture didnt quite have the bright warm colors and the depth I would like, but Im hoping I can achieve that with some tweeking.

The regular HD cable channels havent looked quite as good and there is a lot of variation in PQ depending on the channel, but overall the PQ has improved.

For lack of a better way to say it, the set does seem to lack the richness of my 2 year old Samsung. This set usurped the prime family room spot, buts so far doesnt quite have the full-bodied look of the older one. Im hoping this may resolve itself after a few more hours of being on.

Any insight is appreciated.
This is my now my third hi-def tv and from my experience ,and what I have been told by some people in the know,these tvs definitely settle in. Once all your tweaking with the settings is done the tv will settle and pretty much stabilize. I've been lucky so far with no bleeds,dead pixels,etc. I did freak out on my first Sony Bravia kdl55ex640 when I got it home and their was terrible judder on a few time warner cable channels. Went right back to the great and sorely missed j and r music world and spoke to the tv salesman. He was the first to tell me to turn off all processing and don't mess with the pure signal coming from the box. Tv was great and never looked back. So,yes lotta people believe pq can improve and settle in when left alone.
jeep05 likes this.
post #17556 of 37149 Old 12-19-2016, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartinijr1 View Post
This is my now my third hi-def tv and from my experience ,and what I have been told by some people in the know,these tvs definitely settle in. Once all your tweaking with the settings is done the tv will settle and pretty much stabilize. I've been lucky so far with no bleeds,dead pixels,etc. I did freak out on my first Sony Bravia kdl55ex640 when I got it home and their was terrible judder on a few time warner cable channels. Went right back to the great and sorely missed j and r music world and spoke to the tv salesman. He was the first to tell me to turn off all processing and don't mess with the pure signal coming from the box. Tv was great and never looked back. So,yes lotta people believe pq can improve and settle in when left alone.
Thanks for the reply. This is my experience, too. Im just wondering If I can expect the same from KS8000. Im hoping to find a great setting so as to leave it alone most of the time, Lord of the Rings style (One setting to rule them all!).
post #17557 of 37149 Old 12-19-2016, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello all,
I've had this set for about 2 weeks, and so far it's great.
BUT, there are a few minor things that are driving me crazy and hopefully someone can assist.

Biggest problem - saving settings for specific inputs.

I currently have the TV running through a pioneer elite vsx-45, via ARC. I have a PS4 pro and spectrum cable box hooked up to the pioneer.
As of now, I have to switch the settings from game mode to movie mode/hdr+ etc depending on the input.
Is there a way to save picture/sound settings when switching between them? Aka when I switch to the PS4 the tv switched to game mode?

Every time the tv is turned off, it seems the setting is reset.

Plus- when using tv based apps like amazon or Netflix, the sound will not play through the pioneer unless I physically power off the receiver after changing the sound output to "receiver" through the tv menu. This will also reset when the tv is turned off, so every time I have to change the sound output to receiver, then turn off the pioneer, wait, then turn back on!

Frustrating to say the least.
Any info is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #17558 of 37149 Old 12-19-2016, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendsup23 View Post
I noticed that but somehow I don't know why but these shows looks too much dark. I was expecting clear and bright picture in HDR but does not look like it. If I enable dynamic contrast then it is bright but then it defeats the purpose of HDR.
people please search the thread.. but since I'm such a helpful guy, here you go :

these shows are dark because the director intended to do so... these are the darker side of Marvel not the teletubbies with poppin colors.

that's not what hdr is about.. its about extra detail, whiter whites, blacker blacks, wider color range ( which does not mean popping colors, but a wider range so colors can look more realistic.

offcourse we love poppin colors, thats why the demos and some fluffy movies have those oversaturated colors, because it's what people react too..

not what its about though.. those hdr/4k demos screww up people's expectations of hdr.. but if you want popping bright colors, check all the hdr demos from Samsung, lg, sony etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtyettis View Post
Xbox One S and the Amazon app. The app had an update last week which gave it 4K and HDR capability which I can definitly tell it has been udpated and 4K output no problem. My question is with the HDR unlike when watching something on Netflix I see the HDR notification but not on the Amazon app. Amazon does have HDR10 for some of their shows correct? Like The Man in the High Castle?

HDR notification isn't on the tv apps.. unless the developer added it to the app. I think it's only on hdmi devices.

in the Amazon TV app, you can press the center button of your smart remote, it will then show resolution and an HDR notification if its an hdr enabled show.

netflix your probably watching through other hardware.

here in the Netherlands we only have The Grand Tour in 4k HDR, all other Amazon shows are HD only.

hopefully they do something about it soon.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

“Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own.”

Last edited by dragon_unleashed; 12-20-2016 at 12:22 AM.
post #17559 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 03:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Am I assuming there's no progress on the auto-dimming of the KS8000/8500/9000 etc? I seriously was ready to smash the darn TV today watching on my 65KS8000 The Grand Tour latest episode in 4K HDR. The dimming is downright offensive at times.
Funny I have had exactly the same emotion while watching The Grand Tour, wanting to smash the TV in frustration and thinking how offensive it is.

I havent noticed any auto dimming issues though, its just a terrible terrible tv show.

So disappointing.
blenky likes this.
post #17560 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 04:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzzzee8 View Post
I was thinking... does the Denon give you options for upscaling? My reason for this is that the 4K60p upscaling models are a decent chunk of change more than the 4K30p models. Can you do a test with the receiver upscaling to 30p? I'd be interested to know if that also resolves the stuttering issues before I make my purchase.
Thanks!
Unfortunately I have no way to test that. My options are Auto (which scales to the capabilities of the panel i.e. 4K 60p) or flat 4K 60p. There isn't a setting for 4K 30p. Sorry.
post #17561 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 04:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Morrison View Post
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 55'' KS8000 and the picture is great. However I have noticed some sort of screen glitch that happens around once or twice an hour for about a second or two before the screen returns to normal. It seems the colors are slightly offset for a second before they snap back into place. I attached a mock up of how it looks for those few seconds. It's not always blue and yellow it really depends on what was on the screen at the time. However most of the time it's an intense yellowish color.

I pretty much only use the TV for gaming so game mode is on pretty much the whole time. I'm playing on a PS4 with new HDMI cables. I have tried several different cables even purchased a new one. I have also used the PS4 on another TV to see if it was the system but there was no issues on the other screen. Since I'm using game mode there is no Digital Clean View or Auto Motion Plus I have no idea what is causing it.

I called support but they didn't really help and I have searched this forum as it seems to be the best source of information but I haven't found any solution yet. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.
Have you ever found a solution for this? This has been happening to me more and more frequently. At first, it would happen every once in a while, now it happens every single session. This is the weirdest bug I've ever seen on a TV, and it's weird that Samsung refuses to acknowledge that it even exists. Do ANY other users have experience with this bug, or know what causes it? I tried new cables, and that's not it. Turning off UHD color is not an option since I obviously want to watch HDR. No idea what's happening.

This TV just keeps getting worse daily. I'll be happy if it lasts another 4 months.
post #17562 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 04:58 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_unleashed View Post
people please search the thread.. but since I'm such a helpful guy, here you go :

these shows are dark because the director intended to do so... these are the darker side of Marvel not the teletubbies with poppin colors.

that's not what hdr is about.. its about extra detail, whiter whites, blacker blacks, wider color range ( which does not mean popping colors, but a wider range so colors can look more realistic.

offcourse we love poppin colors, thats why the demos and some fluffy movies have those oversaturated colors, because it's what people react too..

not what its about though.. those hdr/4k demos screww up people's expectations of hdr.. but if you want popping bright colors, check all the hdr demos from Samsung, lg, sony etc.

HDR notification isn't on the tv apps.. unless the developer added it to the app. I think it's only on hdmi devices.

in the Amazon TV app, you can press the center button of your smart remote, it will then show resolution and an HDR notification if its an hdr enabled show.

netflix your probably watching through other hardware.

here in the Netherlands we only have The Grand Tour in 4k HDR, all other Amazon shows are HD only.

hopefully they do something about it soon.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
Thanks for your inputs. I appreciate.

I almost read every post on this thread. I know HDR has been discussed a lot of times. But does that mean I should not share my thoughts? Did I ask how to improve PQ of HDR videos? I simply said I find them too dark and that is my personal opinion. When I said dark, I meant even the scenes during day time and outside looked dark to me. I was not expecting that but may be I will get used to it.

Are these threads read only and people should not post unless they have some new information? If that is the case, I suggest lock the thread and only moderator can post when ever they have new information about the TV.

To people, who are irritated by other people asking the questions (which have answers in this thread), please ignore those posts instead of bashing them. People come to these threads looking for help. Do not demotivate them. I believe 99% of the people do use search and find the answers before posting.
mttpalmer and kisypher like this.
post #17563 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 05:50 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefr View Post
My dad wanted a 65" KS8500 in his bedroom. The viewing distance is about 7', and I thought it was too big. However, when the TV was set up, it turns out to be very nice, especially during the UHD HDR program. Don't settle for 55", get the 65" and you won't regret it.
I picked up the 55" yesterday at BB and I got an email this AM that my 65 shipped, so maybe I will see how the 55 looks and then make my decision. I agree though...now that I have the 55 in the living room (not set up yet) even just the box looks small in the room. Yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Best Buy will not price match EPP. They only match public pricing.
They actually matched the EPP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
No price talk! Naughty!
Sorry, sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiehutner51 View Post
Ahh I didnt know that, I got them to match B&H once and they will always match Amazon. I wasnt aware of the EPP, thanks for the info!
They did in my case but YMMV.
The_Donster likes this.
post #17564 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 05:50 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyKnights View Post
Well just pulled the trigger on the 60 inch at best buy. For 1199 price was great n perfect size for the room.. Im hoping it doesn't suffer from light bleed but I do have to January 15 to return if there's any issues.. I would definitely like to know the measurements of the inner stand placement that way I know how wild to build my TV riser.. I know the TV width is 53.2 curious to where the inner stand placement is on that TV

I didn't verify this.

60" Version ....
|-------------------------------------------------------|
|--//---//-------------------------------------\\---\\--|
....|-------------------- 46.5" ---------------------|
..........|--------------- 37.5" -----------------|
post #17565 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Just picked up a 65" KS8000 FA01 model. Don't have any big problems with flash lighting or even motion that I can tell. However, screen has some pretty nasty yellow banding. It can be noticed pretty easily when using with a PC, though, browsing folders and looking at webpages. Wondering if it will get better over time... I only plan to keep this TV until the middle of next year, as I'm holding out for the rumored Sony OLED TVs... Still may exchange it at Best Buy... haven't decided yet...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1438.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	1842817  

Sony XBR-75X950G, Denon AVR-X2300W, Polk CS20 Center, Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, Polk TSI300 Rears, Power Sound Audio S1500 Subwoofer.
post #17566 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello! After reading so much about the 65KS8000 I decided to finally replace my Pioneer Kuro Elite.
I'm having problems with setting the picture.
I followed rtings settings but it seems that makes the bright scenes dark... like a sunny day doesn't look sunny at all. Also the Dynamic feature only looks good for kids video games or Pixar movies.
I hate auto dimming so I would never use standard.
What do you guys recommend? I don't want to pay an isf because you never know how well trained they are (I only have professional audyssay tools at home)
I was getting better colors out of my Kuro than this one. Yes this tv has more detail, but the Kuro cobtibuesly reads out the room color through a sensor to adjust color balance on the fly.
Thank you!!
Ps, do you recommend spyder5 or other tools?
post #17567 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is anyone successfully using a remote other than what comes with the KS8000 to control the smart features of this TV? I'm tired of having to use 2 remotes (TV and AVR)

Samsung UN65KS8000F
Onkyo TX-NR646
Infinity R253 towers
Infinity RC263 center
Infinity R152 surrounds
Klipsch Sub-12
post #17568 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I don't know MilitantBEEMER, I think quite a few of us have been more than patient with both @Derek922 and @EddyKnights . I'm a firm believer that Derek doesn't use the search or even read the replies some of us have given to his question. Eddy kind of reminds me of me when I hit the forum again. Expected daddy's tend to get nervous over their new toys. So I get it to an extent. Still, he definitely needs to use the search function or Google.

Because the answers to most of his questions are there and have been repeatedly answered. Which is why are are 585 pages, 17550ish deep on this thread alone and people are starting to get itchy trigger fingers with folks asking the same questions over and over again. I used stand positions in the search the thread function and came up with 5 posts alone. I then did a Google search and according to Crutchfield the detachable stand's "footprint" is 46-5/8"W x 11-5/8"D.[/QUOTE]

Now that Google has been invoked, I believe the 46" footprint that was noted is for the exterior (outside) footprint. At one point I considered the 60", and I believe the interior footprint is 39" - narrow enough to sit on a 43" table. Pretty sure Rtings.com has both footprints for the 65". The 60" is less than those.
post #17569 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 63
New HDR video.

Poslano s mobilnog telefona S7
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #17570 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
i dream of a day when someone finds a way to turn it off from service menu or something
KC-Technerd likes this.
post #17571 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegam3 View Post
i dream of a day when someone finds a way to turn it off from service menu or something
I thought as long as you are off "standard" mode, auto dimming shuts off.
post #17572 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 06:53 AM

Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaQue View Post
Is anyone successfully using a remote other than what comes with the KS8000 to control the smart features of this TV? I'm tired of having to use 2 remotes (TV and AVR)
I am using the Harmony 650 with the TV and Verizon DVR. It's a little bit of an awkward functionality, but it gets the job done with one remote -- and the fast forwarding, rewinding, etc. I find much easier to use than the smart remote.
post #17573 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesCambridge View Post
I am using the Harmony 650 with the TV and Verizon DVR. It's a little bit of an awkward functionality, but it gets the job done with one remote -- and the fast forwarding, rewinding, etc. I find much easier to use than the smart remote.
To be clear, you are able to use the 650 with the apps on the TV?

Samsung UN65KS8000F
Onkyo TX-NR646
Infinity R253 towers
Infinity RC263 center
Infinity R152 surrounds
Klipsch Sub-12
post #17574 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo2k View Post
I thought as long as you are off "standard" mode, auto dimming shuts off.
on these models only PC mode turns it off, but then you lose alot of the options
post #17575 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Well its confirmed, My KS8500 has officially ruined going to the movies for me. I first suspected it when I went to go see Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and within 5 mins was thinking it would look better on my new TV at home. Granted I like to sit a 2/3 of the way back in the theater, but the screen looked a bit small and it just seemed like the contrast was off and the picture was not crisp. Then last night I went to go see Rogue One, and the same thing happened. So now I know, for the best viewing experience, it has to be at home in front of my KS8500!
NTC, joetech, jeep05 and 5 others like this.
post #17576 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker3in4 View Post
Well its confirmed, My KS8500 has officially ruined going to the movies for me. I first suspected it when I went to go see Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and within 5 mins was thinking it would look better on my new TV at home. Granted I like to sit a 2/3 of the way back in the theater, but the screen looked a bit small and it just seemed like the contrast was off and the picture was not crisp. Then last night I went to go see Rogue One, and the same thing happened. So now I know, for the best viewing experience, it has to be at home in front of my KS8500!
Isn't that great? Do you have a proper surround sound setup? If not, you are still missing out!

Samsung UN65KS8000F
Onkyo TX-NR646
Infinity R253 towers
Infinity RC263 center
Infinity R152 surrounds
Klipsch Sub-12
post #17577 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logikbrooklyn View Post
So I tried watching Jessica Jones and Luke Cage through the youtube app, which according to the title supports HDR. Am I doing something wrong or does it just not look right at all? The entire picture has this grainy look to it, especially the background. When I try playing a 4k HDR video though the youtube app like for example "life in HDR" with he white bengal tiger on the title, the picture looks absolutely incredible. The netfilix HDR movies are so far off I feel like something is wrong. Even amazon prime standard HD movies, not SUHD titles like Interstellar look much much better.

It's also worth mention I'm not getting an HDR pop up on the corner when I play even the youtube video...in fact I don't think I get that pop up when I play anything.
I assume you're talking about watching these through the Netflix app? I'm having the same issue, and it's bothering me a bit. The 4K HDR videos on Youtube look incredible, but the highlights in Jessica Jones look like a super brightened, yet finer grained version of cable-box static. Almost like the peak highlights are "clipping" if that makes any sense. I haven't tried Luke Cage, yet.

Narcos in 4K looks incredible - like "hot damn, this looks good", but Jessica Jones looks way off. I'm going to try reinstalling the app to see if it makes a difference but I just wanted to chime in and let you know I'm experiencing what I think is the exact same thing. 55" if it makes a difference.
Logikbrooklyn likes this.
post #17578 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 07:13 AM

Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaQue View Post
To be clear, you are able to use the 650 with the apps on the TV?
Yes -- with the 650, you can program an Activity called "Smart TV." This brings up the apps screen and you can use the arrows to navigate and choose them. I had to program the red button on the remote as a back screen/return button, otherwise everything worked as labeled. Honestly, it took a couple of calls to Harmony customer support to get it right, but they were very helpful.
post #17579 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegam3 View Post
on these models only PC mode turns it off, but then you lose alot of the options
Get out of here! lol
I can see how standard really makes it dim, you mean movie mode does it too????
Are these people crazy!!!????
I'm already almost regretting changing my Kuro elite for this one, and my Pioneer was built in 2008!
Ks8000 is definitely "sharper" than the Pioneer but as far as enjoying a movie my old tv was "nicer"
Is like vinyl and cd...
post #17580 of 37149 Old 12-20-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesCambridge View Post
Yes -- with the 650, you can program an Activity called "Smart TV." This brings up the apps screen and you can use the arrows to navigate and choose them. I had to program the red button on the remote as a back screen/return button, otherwise everything worked as labeled. Honestly, it took a couple of calls to Harmony customer support to get it right, but they were very helpful.
Most excellent, thank you.

Samsung UN65KS8000F
Onkyo TX-NR646
Infinity R253 towers
Infinity RC263 center
Infinity R152 surrounds
Klipsch Sub-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page