Originally Posted by TB4XSBC
I've got a question for the people in this thread, based on a conversation from another subforum. What's everyone's opinion of the Exodus HDR trailer? I'm especially interested in what you think of its picture quality compared to what you've seen on UHD BD (could be any movie, although for a more appropriate comparison, it would help if you've seen Exodus on UHD BD.) Here's the trailer:
I think it looks
really great, picture quality wise. But it's a pity it's only an average film, everything-else wise.
(The following mini-rant is more appropriate if the film in question was "Gods of Egypt" which is far worse, but I'll include it anyway):
I know this is an AV forum so people will want to show off their systems to friends and family. But still, have some taste
. I'm just surprised at the number eager to rush out and buy any and every film that looks great, even if it's a rubbish film. What's the point of that? To me this makes no sense at all.
I'd buy "Citizen Kane" in black and white 4:3 VHS.
I would NOT buy "Pixels" in 4k HDR.
Originally Posted by tylerSC
But very disappointed that the Smart Hub in the K Series has apparently eliminated certain apps from the previous F, H and J series. For some reason, there is no longer the Information category which is my favorite. I especially prefer the live streaming news apps from local stations around the country, especially WSOC in Charlotte and WSB in Atlanta, which are border markets to my location. I don't under stand why they can't update the firmware to include these apps like the recent J series.
And one other issue, I could not get the left support leg of the TV to lock in securely. But it does stay in place when the TV is standing.
But despite disappointment with the Smart Hub, I am very pleased with initial picture quality on this TV.
Must be specific to your location. I get very good BBC News apps.
Push the leg in VERY HARD. There are two click positions: you need to get it to the second one. To remove the leg, you then pull very hard.
Glad you like the picture, it's a brilliant TV IMHO
Originally Posted by im timeehhh
That's it, thank you. I was in wrong settings.
Excellent! You're welcome
Originally Posted by Derek922
I just recently got my ks8000 and I was wondering how I can make the colors pop a bit more, the detail is great but the colors aren't vivid or anything even while playing Lucy in hdr.
Please bear in mind that HDR isn't supposed to "pop". That might be why you think there's something wrong when there isn't? You could be seeing what the director intended.
- Make sure you have enabled Picture/Expert settings/HDMI UHD Color=ON for the HDMI socket number to which your UHD Blu-Ray player is connected.
- Check you get the "An HDR video is playing" message when it plays (HDMI inputs only).
- Make sure you are in either "Movie" or "Standard" modes when watching HDR material, all the time. Forget the other modes.
- The above information is all in the e-manual built into the set. It's worth spending some time reading it. There are also "try it now" links. Have a play.
- (If you're a gamer, "Game" mode is a 3rd mode which can display HDR but needs manual adjustments between HDR and SDR)
- Test HDR works and you can see it. Download Samsung HDR - Chasing the Light demo, put it on a USB drive, connect it to the One Connect Box, and play it. Again, always be in either "Movie" or "Standard" modes. (NB This demo does "pop" - because it's a demo designed to pop to the max and sell the TV. Normal HDR content shouldn't "pop" all the time, otherwise there's nowhere to go for the occasional "poppy" moments).