Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 594 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179988Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17791 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 04:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 7,528
Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5213 Post(s)
Liked: 7546
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB4XSBC View Post
I've got a question for the people in this thread, based on a conversation from another subforum. What's everyone's opinion of the Exodus HDR trailer? I'm especially interested in what you think of its picture quality compared to what you've seen on UHD BD (could be any movie, although for a more appropriate comparison, it would help if you've seen Exodus on UHD BD.) Here's the trailer:



I think it looks really great, picture quality wise. But it's a pity it's only an average film, everything-else wise.

(The following mini-rant is more appropriate if the film in question was "Gods of Egypt" which is far worse, but I'll include it anyway):
I know this is an AV forum so people will want to show off their systems to friends and family. But still, have some taste . I'm just surprised at the number eager to rush out and buy any and every film that looks great, even if it's a rubbish film. What's the point of that? To me this makes no sense at all. For example:
I'd buy "Citizen Kane" in black and white 4:3 VHS.
I would NOT buy "Pixels" in 4k HDR.
Just saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
But very disappointed that the Smart Hub in the K Series has apparently eliminated certain apps from the previous F, H and J series. For some reason, there is no longer the Information category which is my favorite. I especially prefer the live streaming news apps from local stations around the country, especially WSOC in Charlotte and WSB in Atlanta, which are border markets to my location. I don't under stand why they can't update the firmware to include these apps like the recent J series.

And one other issue, I could not get the left support leg of the TV to lock in securely. But it does stay in place when the TV is standing.

But despite disappointment with the Smart Hub, I am very pleased with initial picture quality on this TV.
Must be specific to your location. I get very good BBC News apps.

Push the leg in VERY HARD. There are two click positions: you need to get it to the second one. To remove the leg, you then pull very hard.

Glad you like the picture, it's a brilliant TV IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by im timeehhh View Post
That's it, thank you. I was in wrong settings.
Excellent! You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek922 View Post
I just recently got my ks8000 and I was wondering how I can make the colors pop a bit more, the detail is great but the colors aren't vivid or anything even while playing Lucy in hdr.
Please bear in mind that HDR isn't supposed to "pop". That might be why you think there's something wrong when there isn't? You could be seeing what the director intended.
Basic troubleshooting:
  • Make sure you have enabled Picture/Expert settings/HDMI UHD Color=ON for the HDMI socket number to which your UHD Blu-Ray player is connected.
  • Check you get the "An HDR video is playing" message when it plays (HDMI inputs only).
  • Make sure you are in either "Movie" or "Standard" modes when watching HDR material, all the time. Forget the other modes.
  • The above information is all in the e-manual built into the set. It's worth spending some time reading it. There are also "try it now" links. Have a play.
  • (If you're a gamer, "Game" mode is a 3rd mode which can display HDR but needs manual adjustments between HDR and SDR)
  • Test HDR works and you can see it. Download Samsung HDR - Chasing the Light demo, put it on a USB drive, connect it to the One Connect Box, and play it. Again, always be in either "Movie" or "Standard" modes. (NB This demo does "pop" - because it's a demo designed to pop to the max and sell the TV. Normal HDR content shouldn't "pop" all the time, otherwise there's nowhere to go for the occasional "poppy" moments).
NTC, timick1, Terminader and 3 others like this.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 12-22-2016 at 04:29 AM.
mrtickleuk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17792 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 05:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartinijr1 View Post
I posted mine a couple of pages ago. Those movie mode settings are the same I use in the standard mode and they work out great for me. I'm on TWC cable here in NYC.
I must have missed it, I'll check again today thanks.
Logikbrooklyn is offline  
post #17793 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 05:43 AM
Senior Member
 
emmons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logikbrooklyn View Post
I must have missed it, I'll check again today thanks.
you can use any set of settings that look great too you. all panels are different. movie is best in a darkened room, natural is good with more natural light and and standard is sort of between natural and dynamic. Believe HDR is only standard and movie thou. Ratings have some good settings but i dont think nay1 uses it exactly. There are dozens of sites with different settings if you google them. There is a reason people hire some1 to calibrate their tv. No person on here can tell you how to set up your tv except where to start and what settings do what.
emmons is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17794 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 06:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Riptide_NVN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Another thing that can help make the colors pop more is to adjust the gamma slider on the TV down a notch or two.
Riptide_NVN is offline  
post #17795 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
layzzzee8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by camd5pt0 View Post
For some reason, I'm having trouble passing thru 5.1 surround to my system. Using regular ps4. Games output in 5.1 fine, but not Blu-ray using same ps4.

Ps4 is connected straight to TV via HDMI for HDR gaming. Sound bar is connected to TV via HDMI ARC.






Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk
For better audio you are better off sending the PS4 straight to the Soundbar and then using then using the other ARC HDMI port on the soundbar to send video to the TV. This is of course if the sound bar has 2 or more HDMI ports. No guarantee that the SoundBar supports 4K HDR though...
layzzzee8 is offline  
post #17796 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
layzzzee8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB4XSBC View Post
I've got a question for the people in this thread, based on a conversation from another subforum. What's everyone's opinion of the Exodus HDR trailer? I'm especially interested in what you think of its picture quality compared to what you've seen on UHD BD (could be any movie, although for a more appropriate comparison, it would help if you've seen Exodus on UHD BD.) Here's the trailer:

https://youtu.be/qXR_ONPftFM
Last night I was messing around with my Nvidia shield and some 4K HDR bluray rips. Specifically Pacific Rim. I noticed when using Kodi there is a setting that essentially turns on and off HDR. I went back and forth with that setting and was blown away by the difference. The colors are initially what stand out but then you notice a lot more appropriate light levels and detail for everything.
ketamine and Terminader like this.
layzzzee8 is offline  
post #17797 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
layzzzee8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.costanza View Post
I'm having 2 issues on my new 55ks8000.
First is when using the "directv now" app on my Apple TV, I'm seeing something that looks like frames of video being dropped for the first second of a "new scene". Best I can describe this is when watching a video and the camera angle changes or a new scene is displayed, for the first second or two the video looks like it goes from 60 fps down to 30 fps, and then back to 60 fps and stays there. It's easiest to see if the new scene has movement in it, such as someone walking.
**** I don't see this on video from any other app from the Apple TV.****
Video output on the Apple TV is set to auto. I have a second Apple TV and tried it on the same tv and get the same result. It's not the internet speed. I'm getting 200-300 Mbps via wifi and just under 100 Mbps via wired (Apple TV had 100mbps limited Ethernet input). But here's the kicker, when I watch the same videos from the same app on the Apple TV on my older Samsung plasma, it's fine. Video is smooth with no dropping of frames. The directv now app does NOT have any "video settings" that can be adjusted. I have the tv in movie mode. The blur reduction is at "default" 10 and judder reduction is at minimum. Any ideas?

Second issue is judder. It is BAAAAAD! Maybe I'm just used to the butter smooth video of my Samsung plasma from the last several years. Problem is that if I turn up the judder reduction, I start seeing the soap opera effect. Is there anything else I can do? I've had the tv about a month so it's too late to return. I may sell it at a loss and get an oled
While I have not tested it myself. At least not until I purchase my new AVR... It has been noted that a 4K60p upscaling receiver is able to convert the video so that you can turn judder reduction up to 10 with no increase in SOE. Just a smooth picture. It also gets rid of the horrid frame skips from ABC programming.
layzzzee8 is offline  
post #17798 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 07:17 AM
Member
 
justpassedu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskolnikov1944 View Post
Happy holidays as well and best of luck with your set, also don't forget to post the results of the tests.
All Forum Member's , Please Try and Help :
Received yesterday , i ended up getting a AA02 Panel. Took me about 2 hrs just to un-box it and lift it myself on to the TV stand. Once i got it on there i did a flashlight inspection as you recommended. I could not see any back panel separation but i did notice some indents/dimples towards the top back side of the TV. The screen had what looked liked dried water splash marks across the entire screen. i quickly grabbed a soft clothe mixed a drop of iso alcohol and water and wiped it down which did not work. I than just used some water which happened to clear most of it. It appeared as if they possibly sprayed the tv with air before shipping to clean the screen and that was maybe from condensation.

I got everything hooked up , took me about a hour to figure out why i was not getting sound from optical , this was due to my receiver's port being set to hdmi and i had to manual go in and assign a port to optical , it was a real pain trying to do it with just the remote so i hooked it up via hdmi so i could see the onscreen menu , got it all sorted out and reverted back to optical. Sound is very nice and all 7.1 channels seem to be working , whether it is correct or not it sounds nice to me.

I did not have a chance to run your test screens yet as everything took to long and the night was almost over , i'll have to save them to my youtube account and try tonight. So here are my problems so far , like many have said , cable tv looks horrible. My 1yr old bottom of line lg 4k provides a better picture watching cable. 1st thing that i noticed was the bottom and top of the TV had the black bars while watching cable , i went into my cable box settings and noticed it was on 1080p , switched to 1080i and that solved the problem , powered the TV off again and on and i had the same problem again. This time switched to 720p and it fixed it , than back to 1080i and it was all good again . I hope this does not continue to happen as all settings seemed to stay the same in the menu. Cable Tv does look horrible to me though , i will search the forum for a fix but i doubt there is one as i have tried every setting.

Next i tried Amazon , youtube and netflix 4k and hdr and i do have 4k subscription with netflix. It did not look great , picture was dimming on its own even with all eco settings turned off , i did not notice any difference with hdr and did see it pop up watching man in the high castle on amazon. I had my picture set to standard , native and led backlight on high and the led was set to 20. Dynamic provided a better picture but from what i read on the forum it does not do hdr. I messed with changing the the led backlight and noticed no difference in the picture when using that setting. Next up i tried a the revvenant in 4k bluray on the xbox one and while the main title screen looked great once the movie started and i watched for a few minutes the picture got dim on me again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated , i do have uhd on for all sources and i also made sure to check my settings stayed the same when watching hdr and they did, So i don't know what to really do now . The Tv does have some light bleed but not enough to bother me as it is not noticed when viewing something. I am not very picky and we like a bright picture rather than a movie mode type of picture when watching , even if that is not how the director intends you to view it.

Last edited by justpassedu; 12-22-2016 at 08:19 AM.
justpassedu is offline  
post #17799 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 07:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskolnikov1944 View Post
Am I in the clear to update to 1155? I'm at 1154 and I'm afraid to update since some users on neogaf reported issues in game mode like color banding which weren't there before....



I noticed these sets tend to have this problem out of the box and don't just start separating. Are you sure it was ok when you got the TV or did you just make a closer inspection of the set?
Didn't notice it until I wiped it down. It could have been there from the start.
BrockSamson85 is offline  
post #17800 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Liked: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassedu View Post
All Forum Member's , Please Try and Help :
Received yesterday , i ended up getting a AA02 Panel. Took me about 2 hrs just to un-box it and lift it myself on to the TV stand. Once i got it on there i did a flashlight inspection as you recommended. I could not see any back panel separation but i did notice some indents/dimples towards the top back side of the TV. The screen had what looked liked dried water splash marks across the entire screen. i quickly grabbed a soft clothe mixed a drop of iso alcohol and water and wiped it down which did not work. I than just used some water which happened to clear most of it. It appeared as if they possibly sprayed the tv with air before shipping to clean the screen and that was maybe from condensation. I got everything hooked up , took me about a hour to figure out why i was not getting sound from optical , this was due to my receiver's port being set to hdmi and i had to manual go in and assign a port to optical , it was a real pain trying to do it with just the remote so i hooked it up via hdmi so i could see the onscreen menu , got it all sorted out and reverted back to optical. Sound is very nice and all 7.1 channels seem to be working , whether it is correct or not it sounds nice to me. I did not have a chance to run your test screens yet as everything took to long and the night was almost over , i'll have to save them to my youtube account and try tonight. So here are my problems so far , like many have said , cable tv looks horrible. My 1yr old bottom of line lg 4k provides a better picture watching cable. 1st thing that i noticed was the bottom and top of the TV had the black bars while watching cable , i went into my cable box settings and noticed it was on 1080p , switched to 1080i and that solved the problem , powered the TV off again and on and i had the same problem again. This time switched to 720p and it fixed it , than back to 1080i and it was all good again . I hope this does not continue to happen as all settings seemed to stay the same in the menu. Cable Tv does look horrible to me though , i will search the forum for a fix but i doubt there is one as i have tried every setting. Next i tried Amazon , youtube and netflix 4k and hdr and i do have 4k subscription with netflix. It did not look great , picture was dimming on its own even with all eco settings turned off , i did not notice any difference with hdr and did see it pop up watching man in the high castle on amazon. I had my picture set to standard , native and led backlight on high and the led was set to 20. Dynamic provided a better picture but from what i read on the forum it does not do hdr. I messed with changing the the led backlight and noticed no difference in the picture when using that setting. Next up i tried a the revvenant in 4k bluray on the xbox one and while the main title screen looked great once the movie started and i watched for a few minutes the picture got dim on me again. Any help would be greatly appreciated , i do have uhd on for all sources and i also made sure to check my settings stayed the same when watching hdr and they did, So i don't know what to really do now . The Tv does have some light bleed but not enough to bother me as it is not noticed when viewing something. I am not very picky and we like a bright picture rather than a movie mode type of picture when watching , even if that is not how the director intends you to view it.
Blimey! Could you add some paragraphs to break it up? Almost impossible to read.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Nvidia Shield TV (2019) | Fire TV Stick 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is offline  
post #17801 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 08:25 AM
Member
 
final442's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by abward View Post
I tried this too, but once I went into that mode, I could not get the Harmony to go back to DirecTV mode if I pressed the Watch TV button. Does that work for you?
I am not sure of your setup, I have FIOS and not directTV and everything is going through a Yamaha AV receiver.

When switching from an App back to normal TV, I added in a couple extra commands. Besides switching to the correct input and turning on the set top box I also added to the end an "Exit" button command from the Samsung TV device 3 or 4 times. This ensures that the App screen closes and the home screen bar also closes and the only thing left being displayed is the video from the cable service.
final442 is offline  
post #17802 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 08:27 AM
Senior Member
 
dgmayor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunPowered View Post
Here's snaps of the "stacked" YouTube menu and exit icon. (they're back)



It's hit or miss for me. Just push right and they unstack. Annoying, but not the end of the world.
dgmayor is offline  
post #17803 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 08:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.costanza View Post
I'm having 2 issues on my new 55ks8000.
First is when using the "directv now" app on my Apple TV, I'm seeing something that looks like frames of video being dropped for the first second of a "new scene". Best I can describe this is when watching a video and the camera angle changes or a new scene is displayed, for the first second or two the video looks like it goes from 60 fps down to 30 fps, and then back to 60 fps and stays there. It's easiest to see if the new scene has movement in it, such as someone walking.
**** I don't see this on video from any other app from the Apple TV.****
Video output on the Apple TV is set to auto. I have a second Apple TV and tried it on the same tv and get the same result. It's not the internet speed. I'm getting 200-300 Mbps via wifi and just under 100 Mbps via wired (Apple TV had 100mbps limited Ethernet input). But here's the kicker, when I watch the same videos from the same app on the Apple TV on my older Samsung plasma, it's fine. Video is smooth with no dropping of frames. The directv now app does NOT have any "video settings" that can be adjusted. I have the tv in movie mode. The blur reduction is at "default" 10 and judder reduction is at minimum. Any ideas?

Second issue is judder. It is BAAAAAD! Maybe I'm just used to the butter smooth video of my Samsung plasma from the last several years. Problem is that if I turn up the judder reduction, I start seeing the soap opera effect. Is there anything else I can do? I've had the tv about a month so it's too late to return. I may sell it at a loss and get an oled
try turning the AMP completely off. That solved my issue with it, some like it better with the AMP still on and just deal with the frame skips. I agree with layzzzee need a new AVR as well so I plan on getting one that can do the upscaling to 4k as well to hopefully be able to take advantage of the motion enhancement with no issues

Last edited by JohnnyD83; 12-22-2016 at 08:47 AM.
JohnnyD83 is offline  
post #17804 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 08:36 AM
Member
 
LReyes66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Can't really compare plasma and these LED panels when it comes to motion... Thus why I miss plasma.

One thing I liked about Sonys TVs over Samsung is the motion features. I don't like AMP. I still haven't figured out my preferred settings for bball and football. Everytime I'm watching the game and I see blur/judder my OCD gets TRIGGERED.


Also while we are at it, is there a advantage of having AMP set to custom with the values at 0 over having it completely off?

Sent from my Nexus 6P
LReyes66 is offline  
post #17805 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 08:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by LReyes66 View Post
Can't really compare plasma and these LED panels when it comes to motion... Thus why I miss plasma.

One thing I liked about Sonys TVs over Samsung is the motion features. I don't like AMP. I still haven't figured out my preferred settings for bball and football. Everytime I'm watching the game and I see blur/judder my OCD gets TRIGGERED.


Also while we are at it, is there a advantage of having AMP set to custom with the values at 0 over having it completely off?

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Sony with their motion features was what kept me rattling my brain between a Sony and the Samsung for months. The VA panel and picture quality for the money is what got me to get the Samsung over the Sony. Im assuming by having the AMP on but at its minimum setting gets the benefit of their motion enhancement but with little to no SOE
JohnnyD83 is offline  
post #17806 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Liked: 908
Something we already know but thought you might be interested in the article

https://www.extremetech.com/electron...-users-see-ads

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Nvidia Shield TV (2019) | Fire TV Stick 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is offline  
post #17807 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 09:07 AM
Member
 
Hangedman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangedman View Post
Like i said earlier, i wanted to post new pics of the second panel i got from Samsung.. not bad eh ?

I might keep it as some people said "there's always going to be a little something off" "there's no perfect panel"

I might add some LED lights on the back of the TV like some people do, i like the way it looks and it's better for the eyes i think.

***Sorry for the crappy pics, i only have my tablet
So i decided to keep this panel and cancel my replacement, a few days in i can hardly see any problem with the panel, honestly this is 95% perfect and after testing some movies and tv shows, im very satisfied !
Hangedman is offline  
post #17808 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
g.costanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 18
AMP? Thanks.
g.costanza is offline  
post #17809 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 09:21 AM
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post

I think it looks really great, picture quality wise. But it's a pity it's only an average film, everything-else wise.
I agree that it looks fantastic. What's puzzling to me is that by all accounts, this movie isn't anything special on UHD BD in terms of PQ. Yet the trailer looks at least as good as some of the best UHD BD I've seen.
TB4XSBC is offline  
post #17810 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 09:29 AM
Member
 
justpassedu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
Blimey! Could you add some paragraphs to break it up? Almost impossible to read.
Hope that helps a bit , sorry.
The_Donster likes this.
justpassedu is offline  
post #17811 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.costanza View Post
AMP? Thanks.
auto motion plus
The_Donster likes this.
JohnnyD83 is offline  
post #17812 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 09:48 AM
 
EddyKnights's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyKnights View Post
Ok guys I tried to ask this question before but noone knew how to handle it.. Now if I have a direct TV box n ps4 n I use optical out to my receiver for dolby digital 5.1 or dts now that I have this TV, how would I me connecting the optical cables to get everything that's fed to the TV output ed to my availability receiver at 5.1..do I connect one optical to TV n receiver n ps4 n c direct TV box when its connected via hdmi the TV will out put to receiver automatically as 5.1 or do I have to connect TV, Direct TV n ps4 all with optical to be fed separate to avr
Anyone can help me out here
EddyKnights is offline  
post #17813 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 7,528
Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5213 Post(s)
Liked: 7546
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
Blimey! Could you add some paragraphs to break it up? Almost impossible to read.
The howling greengrocer's apostrophe error put me off reading after the first line, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmayor View Post
It's hit or miss for me. Just push right and they unstack. Annoying, but not the end of the world.
The point is, the stacking isn't the only symptom when the YouTube app goes into a "bad mode". Worse is the permanent exit icon in the bottom right of the screen which is overlaying all videos, ruining them. Also I've had it ignore all stop/pause/etc keypresses on the remote!

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 12-22-2016 at 10:01 AM.
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #17814 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 10:00 AM
Senior Member
 
test4echo101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Back panel separation

So....I've had my KS8000 for 3 weeks now. I've read some of the posts regarding back panel separation and this morning just got around checking mine.

Indeed, along the center top portion of the back panel, my TV as well had come apart. There was also some separation on the far right top side as well.

Interestingly, all I had to do was push (Gently) about 4 inches down from where the separation was happening and heard and felt 3 or four clicks and the panel was back in place. No fuss. At least on my back panel it seems there are plastic pins that snap into slots and those pins popped out.

Some of you with this issue may find this resolves the back panel separation issue for you. Let us know!

Test
Rolls-Royce, NTC, sparky7 and 7 others like this.

Mpray1983- "User error due to sneeze or fart occurred during measurement"
test4echo101 is offline  
post #17815 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Member
 
clouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I have started having a couple of issues with my KS8000 TV, that I believe may have started after a firmware update earlier this month.

The biggest issue is that I no longer have the ability to bring up the channel guide or quick interface to launch apps / change inputs. Pressing the middle circle button or home button on the bundled remote has no effect, but other buttons such as volume control and voice input still work. The issue is not specific to the remote control, as my 3rd party remotes all now experience the same problem as well. I am at a point where the only reason I can change inputs is because of my Harmony programming, and the only way I can launch apps such as Netflix is by voice command on the bundled remote.

The other issue I am experiencing is frequent audio dropouts when using ARC. The dropout typically is around 1-2 seconds, and occurs randomly, it could multiple times in a minute, or it may go 10 minutes without an occurance. I just started using ARC so I cannot say if this problem started before the firmware update. I am using an Amazon HDMI cable rated for 4k/ARC: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. This issue occurs regardless of input (4K netflix, 720P broadcast TV), and my Receiver is a Denon 1611 with ARC support.

Thanks
clouser is offline  
post #17816 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 10:54 AM
Member
 
jjslegacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I have tried to read as much of this thread as I can but so far I haven't found a solution.

I have a 55" KS8000 and on one of the HDMI inputs I run libreelec on a raspberry pi3. All is okay until I turn off the TV. When I turn off the TV and turn it back on the screen is blank and I get a No Signal message. The only way to fix this is to unplug the oneconnect cable and plug it back in and all is fine. I am using CEC and have disabled all the settings I can think of.
*Just tested with CEC disabled and still after turning TV back on I get a "No Signal"

Any ideas?

JJ

Last edited by jjslegacy; 12-22-2016 at 11:04 AM.
jjslegacy is offline  
post #17817 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 11:04 AM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logikbrooklyn View Post
Does anyone mind posting their settings for standard def/cable tv. I've gotten it better than its been, but something is still not right.

I have a better idea...

Why don't you post your settings and then we might be able to make some suggestions on how to "improve" them and what changes you can or should make to improve the picture.

Much easier that way.



Richard
King Richard is offline  
post #17818 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 11:27 AM
Member
 
SunPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I'm not sure if this has been previously mentioned regarding stutter & judder (are they the same? :-)) , but I thought I would mention it.

I was experiencing what I considered stuttering on the CNBC ticker. I tried various AMP settings, but could not correct the problem. I really didn't want to use AMP, because I dislike SOE.

What worked for me, and completely eliminated the stutter/judder, was changing the output of the Xfinity X1 from 1080i to 1080p60.
NTC, TeeJay1952 and Terminader like this.
SunPowered is offline  
post #17819 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 7,528
Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5213 Post(s)
Liked: 7546
Another HDR video up on YouTube:
pg22, NTC, Terminader and 1 others like this.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #17820 of 36743 Old 12-22-2016, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
lmartinijr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brooklyn ,NY
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by LReyes66 View Post
Can't really compare plasma and these LED panels when it comes to motion... Thus why I miss plasma.

One thing I liked about Sonys TVs over Samsung is the motion features. I don't like AMP. I still haven't figured out my preferred settings for bball and football. Everytime I'm watching the game and I see blur/judder my OCD gets TRIGGERED.


Also while we are at it, is there a advantage of having AMP set to custom with the values at 0 over having it completely off?

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Don't really understand. Maybe I'm blessed. I'm on my third hi def tv now and as soon as automotion is set to completely off there was and isn't any judder problems. That's with a Sony and now my Sammy's. Watching football there is now perfect spirals when ball is in the air. Hockey pucks don't flutter. Here with timewarner in NYC the ifc and amc channels were especially bad along with those house hunting shows. Turned off all processing like I said on all tvs and no more judder. Turn it off and leave settings alone for a few days and tv will settle in. If your still having problems change the cable box. That has worked for some people too. Hope it clears up for you.
Terminader likes this.
lmartinijr1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off