Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 597 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 180067Likes

post #17881 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Hi, I got your PM, thanks for that, will try in a moment.

As for PC mode, most of the options are locked out, including all calibration controls and also the gamut selection, native is the only option, and its also greyed out. I also can only select Standard or Dynamic picture modes. Things like dynamic contrast, motion interpolation etc are all greyed out to me, which is fine, however I really need control over the calibration.

To get 4:4:4 chroma at 4k/60p I need to be in PC mode and that seems to neuter the displays options completely.

I can only set 2pt white balance and thats it. Useless.
Unfortunately your only hope is to start pestering Samsung about it. For games and movies we can use 3DLUTs to fix this but they work by hooking on DirectX signals, it cannot do that on desktop without breaking things. I agree that being locked to Native is dumb for PC mode which is strictly sRGB in desktop use, for now at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17882 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Bluetooth connection has to be renegotiated between components, and a "new" network of sender and receiver created, every time they are started up. Optical is a full-time physical connection - no negotiation needed - which is why the output source remained selected all the time.
Connected the A6 via optical but no audio & don't know why. Selected as the option in TV audio settings so I'm stumped. Great speaker but may have to be returned if I can't solve this issue. Any suggestions anyone?
post #17883 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslegacy View Post
I have tried to read as much of this thread as I can but so far I haven't found a solution.

I have a 55" KS8000 and on one of the HDMI inputs I run libreelec on a raspberry pi3. All is okay until I turn off the TV. When I turn off the TV and turn it back on the screen is blank and I get a No Signal message. The only way to fix this is to unplug the oneconnect cable and plug it back in and all is fine. I am using CEC and have disabled all the settings I can think of.
*Just tested with CEC disabled and still after turning TV back on I get a "No Signal"

Any ideas?
Just wanted to chime in to say I run exactly this config (raspi3, libreelec, except running with a 65" KS8000), and I do not have this problem. Following are a few things I would consider trying:
1. Edit config.txt and set hdmi_force_hotplug=1, and you could also try various values for config_hdmi_boost
2. Confirm Kodi doesn't have a screensaver enabled
3. Try a different power adapter for the Raspi. Somehow this tends to solve a lot of random issues. As a sanity check, you're not powering the Raspi from a TV USB port, right?
4. Lastly, I would also try a different HDMI cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17884 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
Good day everyone. I just had my KS8000 delivered yesterday after re-ordering it on the 30th Nov, the first one came with a nice 3 inch scratch on the screen so I refused the delivery.
"
You may be able to help me with my earlier post, I was able to get a picture this morning of a blemish on my screen. I can only see it with a flashlight while turned off and it doesn't impact the picture when on. I checked the TV when I set it up but not as close as I should have.

Does this look like a scratch? I have always been very careful with my TV's so can't tell for sure. It feels smooth and almost looks like something behind the screen. Unsure if I should try a warranty claim, the TV plays fine (too late to return TV). I have a few fingerprints, so I am going to buy some screen cleaner and hope its just a vertical smudge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1223160608.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	1849545  
post #17885 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
Hey guys!

So I purchased the UN60KS8000FXZA TV from Best Buy. Says Version Number: EA01. Manufacture date of October 2016. Just came across this discussion in the thread. So basically - I don't have a true Samsung TV?
yes you have a samsung tv. most tv manufactures outsource some of their panels. many panel manufactures sell to multiple tv man. its always need that way for flat panels. sonys new oled are made by lg. happens all the time. as for which is better. They all can be good and all can be bad.
jeep05 likes this.
post #17886 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Have you seen this in any other streaming source outside of Amazon or this particular movie? What movie is this again and at one time line does this happen in the movie? If it is a free movie I might be able to check and see if it pops up on mine too.

Yes, it's happened with DIRECTV, a second video on Amazon, and on the tv menu itself. That seems to rule out the source to me. It seems to happen when bright colors are displayed.

I have yet to see it with any 4K or HDR content (from YouTube and Netflix). Not sure if that's meaningful in some way.

I'm within my window to return to Best Buy, but I also don't want to overreact.
post #17887 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwayne117 View Post
Thank you, it's just not clear are you watching youtube HDR. I have 1154 so i should get it. But when i get in youtube app, picture mode sometimes from pc, and sometimes after a while it changes to hdr+(when i watched something in this mode). Is there a way to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO01J-M3g0U in non-HDR picture mode, and then in sure HDR, so you can obviusly can see the difference? Without a notification HDR is like a placebo...
when watching youtube i see the tv brighten up when HDR kicks in> very easy to see when it does. The jazz video is the best looking i have ever seen on a tv
Terminader likes this.
post #17888 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
To get 4:4:4 chroma at 4k/60p I need to be in PC mode and that seems to neuter the displays options completely.

I can only set 2pt white balance and thats it. Useless.
You can leave PC mode because 444 @4K60p is not possible with hdmi bandwidth. BT2020 color is only going to be enabled in HDR content. In "native" color space you will not be able to get any accurate calibrations. Use "reference" settings on the TV and then use an app of choice to calibrate on the actual PC side.

post #17889 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
Quoted: 6937 Post(s)
Liked: 6651
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe75xp View Post
You can leave PC mode because 444 @4K60p is not possible with hdmi bandwidth. BT2020 color is only going to be enabled in HDR content. In "native" color space you will not be able to get any accurate calibrations. Use "reference" settings on the TV and then use an app of choice to calibrate on the actual PC side.

Incorrect. Been using this display months with 4k/60p 4:4:4. At 8bit its 17.8gbps bandwidth.

Nobody can run 10bit 4:4:4 at 60p in 4k unless the display has a displayport connection.

In the native colour space the gamut measures almost exactly to p3 primaries.

Changing out of pc mode results in 4:2:2 and increased lag, less sharp. Looks horrible and the mouse lag is not acceptable.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #17890 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Well, there is no fix for you then! good luck..

post #17891 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zags85 View Post
You may be able to help me with my earlier post, I was able to get a picture this morning of a blemish on my screen. I can only see it with a flashlight while turned off and it doesn't impact the picture when on. I checked the TV when I set it up but not as close as I should have.

Does this look like a scratch? I have always been very careful with my TV's so can't tell for sure. It feels smooth and almost looks like something behind the screen. Unsure if I should try a warranty claim, the TV plays fine (too late to return TV). I have a few fingerprints, so I am going to buy some screen cleaner and hope its just a vertical smudge.
Mine looked just like that so I refused delivery.
post #17892 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've recently just learned that the 60" model isn't a Samsung panel.

Should I return my 60" for the 55"? Thanks.
post #17893 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
I had a very stable setup similar to yours for a couple months and then the TV wouldn't send sound to the receiver even though it recognized it.

In my case, removing the power for a few minutes did the trick.
Thanks for the feedback. Out of curiosity, does the problem keep coming back?

That would give me hope there may be a fix via firmware and it's not a problem with Samsung's implementation of ARC. Since this passes 5.1 max, I may just use an optical out for the TV apps and plug my Marantz into another HDMI port. The fact that this TV relies on the OCB and doesn't have a dedicated HDMI in on the TV worries me.
post #17894 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Welp got the upper left corner scotch taped up now and used a sharpie to (carefully) cover the crack where light from the separation was getting through. Worked pretty good. Hopefully that keeps the insects out?

Second TV and this one has developed a dead pixel after a few days of operation down in the extreme bottom left corner. That I can deal with. I am keeping an eye out in case of any more pixels checking out. It will go back and I'll be on my third.

Last edited by Riptide_NVN; 12-23-2016 at 07:39 AM.
post #17895 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
As someone who's tv was received in the same condition I will tell you that the screen just looks like a hot mess when turned off and if I have my makeshift curtains drawn. Of course I haven't wiped it down with the microfiber that was suggested to me yet. When mine is on I have none of the issues you described though. I will say, don't, I repeat...DON'T use alcohol in any form to clean the screen. Someone else posted a link to how to properly clean it a few pages back. I know that I didn't realize that when I had to clean off the glue residue from the yellow sticker when I got mine. Thankfully it was just a small spot though. Regardless, that will damage or remove your anti-glare film. Also make sure you clean unplugged and give it enough time to cool down. As far as how things look, we need a bit more information here.

Can you post a picture of your settings? Because without out some of that information I don't know how anyone can help. I can tell you that I have my eco none sense off and use the movie picture default settings on just about everything I do on mine, even gaming. I've only tweaked a few things based on what I've read in the thread and what looks good to me. The minimal light bleed seems to vary. I know that when I initially got mine I didn't notice it as much and sometimes feel like one of the firmware updates made it more pronounced on mine. I tend to play around with my tilt a bit, which helps. I'm afraid outside of that, I don't know what to tell you? Outside of mounting the tv I rely on the advice of the other owners or my eyes.

You know, I ran into the audio drop out on my receiver coincidentally after the 1154 update. I think my flag of help post was drowned out by the ad debacle and I had to work it out on my own. I have no idea what particular thing fixed the issue, but I did the usual suspects. Hold down the power button until the UHD logo pops up might fix the channel guides? I think the one that really fixed the audio drop out though was unplugging it with the power on and clicking on the power button 10-15 times on the remote. Then I let it sit for about 5-10 minutes?

This is actually a perfect example of what frustrates some of more seasoned owners and why we sometimes tend to ignore posts or get snippy. I mean, do you go to the doctor and say I've got a pain? No, you can't even get an appointment without being drilled by the receptionists or nurse on what is going on. So do us a favor and post your picture and other settings when you have a problem. Stop making generalized posts and expecting people to know how to fix your problem as if we can read your mind.

Again, we need more specifics. Is it the PS4 or PS4 Pro, what type of receiver do you have? Need all of the information before we diagnose what is going on or can point you in the right direction. For example, I have my Xbox One and 360 hooked up to my OCB HDMI4 Arc directly because they neither technical produce HD audio to my Onkyo HT-S5300 receiver. My KS8000 HDMI Audio Format is bitstream and Audio Format is Dolby Digital (as is my Xbox One).

Thanks @mke23e . Do these videos have the correct audio @mrtickleuk ?
If it helps i am on firmware 1155 i believe. I used the alcohol only in the right corner , good thing i did not do the entire screen , i than just took a microfiber clothe with the tiniest drop of water and it seemed to clean most of it. I will be picking up a cleaner today if i have the chance to do it the right way. The screen is def a mess when i shine one of my cree flashlights on it. I had many water looking spots on the front but i think most disappeared with the wipe down , i do notice some more but i think its on the outside of the screen so hoping when i get the proper cleaner it is taken care of. As for settings i cant post any bc i don't have any , this is only my 2nd day with the set and my limited time with work does not allow me to tinker so much but i'll have a few days off next week to play. So last night i had about a hour or two and tried getting SD content dialed in with very little success , I ended up tinkering with movie mode a bit as it is to dark for me stock , my girl happens to like a bright picture and somewhat of a over saturated color. I know this is not the way it is intended to view but to us it happens look nice and i have seen many posts of you saying you will get used to it but we are not looking for that. I ended the night with selected game mode i believe with sd content which helped the picture allot.The picture looks very grainy though , while on my other set it is perfectly smooth like you are actually looking at something in real life.

Than i tried youtube hdr 4k , netflix and amazon . I for some reason for the life of me do not really notice hdr , netflix looks terrible , i used all the recommended settings here for hdr viewing also. Netflix being the worst out of all 3 and its funny bc our cheap 4k lg with no hdr in the bedroom looks better in almost every way. I am starting to wonder if my backlight is faulty and not engaging. I did see some judder also while watching but it was not to bad. In movie mode i did not notice the screen dimming as much as it did in other modes but the picture was just washed out. I guess i just need allot of time and testing.
post #17896 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Ok So just received the new Un60ks8000

Things I noticed , it had a small crease in the right hand corner on the back and i popped it in.. no biggy
Few smudges and screen with a flash light has some imperfections but its no big deal..
Did software update 1.55
Everything runs good
you tube hdr jazz playing is a dream and looks beyond phenomenal
Comcast looks like a hot mess and almost unwatchable
Ps4 Blue ray movies look kick ass almost 4 k
Took a lot of tweaking to get pic just right
Had a lot of judder and i eliminated by putting auto motion custom n both sliders to 0
Noticed with sdr looks way better with hdr+ engaged so use that setting
Hdr looks kick ass
Now the bad
Light bedding along the bottom its there 1 inch from lower right and lower left .. annoying ..
Theirs definitely some clouding n blooming when a bright image lights up against a pure black screen .. parts of the screen clouds white

So contemplating if I return or not but I know most replacement sets can be a little worse or a little better
Light Bleed sucks , doubt it ruins the image though
post #17897 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustinJustin View Post
Yes, it's happened with DIRECTV, a second video on Amazon, and on the tv menu itself. That seems to rule out the source to me. It seems to happen when bright colors are displayed.

I have yet to see it with any 4K or HDR content (from YouTube and Netflix). Not sure if that's meaningful in some way.

I'm within my window to return to Best Buy, but I also don't want to overreact.
If it's on all sources including the internal apps, it's a TV problem. I'd return it.
The_Donster likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #17898 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghl1tch View Post
I've recently just learned that the 60" model isn't a Samsung panel.

Should I return my 60" for the 55"? Thanks.
Not unless you see issues. Most of the other models have either Samsung or AUO panels.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #17899 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
Mine looked just like that so I refused delivery.
If this was an outside scratch, would I be able to feel it on the screen? Or do they just make a smooth mark?

It looks internal so I think I should have a pretty easy shot at exchanging it. Just double checked and I have a little more time. Headed to best buy today.
post #17900 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassedu View Post
If it helps i am on firmware 1155 i believe. I used the alcohol only in the right corner , good thing i did not do the entire screen , i than just took a microfiber clothe with the tiniest drop of water and it seemed to clean most of it. I will be picking up a cleaner today if i have the chance to do it the right way. The screen is def a mess when i shine one of my cree flashlights on it. I had many water looking spots on the front but i think most disappeared with the wipe down , i do notice some more but i think its on the outside of the screen so hoping when i get the proper cleaner it is taken care of. As for settings i cant post any bc i don't have any , this is only my 2nd day with the set and my limited time with work does not allow me to tinker so much but i'll have a few days off next week to play. So last night i had about a hour or two and tried getting SD content dialed in with very little success , I ended up tinkering with movie mode a bit as it is to dark for me stock , my girl happens to like a bright picture and somewhat of a over saturated color. I know this is not the way it is intended to view but to us it happens look nice and i have seen many posts of you saying you will get used to it but we are not looking for that. I ended the night with selected game mode i believe with sd content which helped the picture allot.The picture looks very grainy though , while on my other set it is perfectly smooth like you are actually looking at something in real life.

Than i tried youtube hdr 4k , netflix and amazon . I for some reason for the life of me do not really notice hdr , netflix looks terrible , i used all the recommended settings here for hdr viewing also. Netflix being the worst out of all 3 and its funny bc our cheap 4k lg with no hdr in the bedroom looks better in almost every way. I am starting to wonder if my backlight is faulty and not engaging. I did see some judder also while watching but it was not to bad. In movie mode i did not notice the screen dimming as much as it did in other modes but the picture was just washed out. I guess i just need allot of time and testing.
If you have your backlight and contrast jacked up, you may not see the switch to HDR mode. Our 49" is calibrated to where full white is just over 100 nits for external sources. Believe me when I say that I can tell when the set goes into HDR mode by the sudden brightening of the white areas of the menu bar at the bottom of the screen, even in Netflix, Amazon, and YouTube apps.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #17901 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 08:39 AM

Pq is amazing but light bleed and blooming in dark scenes is making me think hard about returning ... Do I play the lotto.. Imagine trying to box this sucker again and have Best buy pick it up and swap it .. what a pain
post #17902 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Just received my second KS8000 60" and the picture is perfect. The bad part is that it took two TVs to get one that worked. The first TV had major backlighting problems where it looked like the individual LEDs were pointed directly at the screen. It's like the lighting was cone shaped. Also the back part cabinet was coming apart along the top right corner. This is an EO panel manufactured in September. So I boxed it up and requested an exchange from CField and asked to get an FA panel.

The second TV arrived but unfortunately it was another EO panel, but manufactured in November. The picture quality is perfect, the LEDs are pointing in the right direction and with a little tweaking, the image is amazing. There are no dead pixels, no clouding and no screen imperfections. I'm coming from a Panasonic plasma and I prefer the image quality of the Samsung. However, this TV is coming apart as well. This time the back is pulling away along the top left and there's about a 1/16 inch gap along the bottom left side. I tried to gently push it together but it pops back out. I guess I'll need to put some tape over the gaps in my new $1500 TV. What surprises me the most is that the rtings review back in April showed the manufacturing defect and six months later Samsung is still cranking out TVs with the same defect.

If the picture wasn't so good, I'd roll the dice again and request another exchange, but Samsung's QC is so poor there's a fair chance I'd end up with a worse TV. It's crazy that the number one TV manufacturer can't build with consistent quality. But damn, that picture is amazing.
post #17903 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 09:12 AM

Sorry but 60 inches r only EO panel made my Sharp no Fao1 panels for 60 inch
post #17904 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxbrown View Post
Just received my second KS8000 60" and the picture is perfect. The bad part is that it took two TVs to get one that worked. The first TV had major backlighting problems where it looked like the individual LEDs were pointed directly at the screen. It's like the lighting was cone shaped. Also the back part cabinet was coming apart along the top right corner. This is an EO panel manufactured in September. So I boxed it up and requested an exchange from CField and asked to get an FA panel.

The second TV arrived but unfortunately it was another EO panel, but manufactured in November. The picture quality is perfect, the LEDs are pointing in the right direction and with a little tweaking, the image is amazing. There are no dead pixels, no clouding and no screen imperfections. I'm coming from a Panasonic plasma and I prefer the image quality of the Samsung. However, this TV is coming apart as well. This time the back is pulling away along the top left and there's about a 1/16 inch gap along the bottom left side. I tried to gently push it together but it pops back out. I guess I'll need to put some tape over the gaps in my new $1500 TV. What surprises me the most is that the rtings review back in April showed the manufacturing defect and six months later Samsung is still cranking out TVs with the same defect.

If the picture wasn't so good, I'd roll the dice again and request another exchange, but Samsung's QC is so poor there's a fair chance I'd end up with a worse TV. It's crazy that the number one TV manufacturer can't build with consistent quality. But damn, that picture is amazing.
The 60 inch exclusively uses EO panels, which is made by sharp. I own a 60 but gave it to my brother. The only problem with it was the light bleed at the bottom of the screen. I think most of the 60s have this.

I now have a 55 FA01 panel that is wonderful, no issues whatsoever and no light bleed at all and night and day different with viewing angles as well.
post #17905 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant the ninja View Post
The 60 inch exclusively uses EO panels, which is made by sharp. I own a 60 but gave it to my brother. The only problem with it was the light bleed at the bottom of the screen. I think most of the 60s have this.

I now have a 55 FA01 panel that is wonderful, no issues whatsoever and no light bleed at all and night and day different with viewing angles as well.
Wow so does this mean dont even bother returning the 60 inch since mine has the same thing .. light bleed on bottom n blooming in dark scenes when theres a white text that shows up ..Other than that beautiful pq
post #17906 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So I'm still waiting on my UN65KS8000 to ship from samsung, but I just saw some rather jarring news. Apparently Samsung is now FORCING ads onto people if they want to use the smart features of the TV. Really second guessing this TV now. Any input on this?

EDIT: Maybe i'll just pick up a chromecast ultra and never put the TV onto the internet.
r.furborough likes this.

Last edited by Sickened1; 12-23-2016 at 09:38 AM.
post #17907 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickened1 View Post
So I'm still waiting on my UN65KS8000 to ship from samsung, but I just saw some rather jarring news. Apparently Samsung is now FORCING ads onto people if they want to use the smart features of the TV. Really second guessing this TV now. Any input on this?

EDIT: Maybe i'll just pick up a chromecast ultra and never put the TV onto the internet.
It's BS, but it's only a little square that shows up in line with the rest of the apps. There are larger reasons to avoid this TV, but those are all dependent on how you plan to use it.

In terms of picture quality to value proportion - if you find a good panel, this is a tough one to beat. It's the software/one connect box that could cause you pain.
post #17908 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1971 Post(s)
Liked: 3274
Quote:
Personally, I don't understand what the fuss is about. The ads have always been there in one form or another in the Samsung Smart Hub, and they amount to nothing more than a small tile advertising a program, movie, or service. And while I agree they can be somewhat annoying, they are nowhere near as intrusive as the pop-up ads and commercials that one encounters daily while on the internet. Most web-connected video devices use ads, so they are not going anywhere anytime soon...no matter how much some people might protest. They provide revenue to the manufacturers, the app developers, and the content providers, and finding video devices for sale in the West which are totally and completely free of these minor nuisances may soon become impossible.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #17909 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyKnights View Post
Wow so does this mean dont even bother returning the 60 inch since mine has the same thing .. light bleed on bottom n blooming in dark scenes when theres a white text that shows up ..Other than that beautiful pq
Well, that's up to you. I have just seen quite a few comments of people with the 60 inch having bottom light bleed. I didn't have any blooming issues though. I mean, if I had white text on a black screen, I was able to see the blooming but that's normal for an edge lit. Even on my 55 I notice it from time to time, I don't think any of them don't have it.

Quote:

Thats true, however they aren't intrusive and really don't bother any one. They don't hinder anything you do. I think people are making this a way bigger issue than it actually is.
post #17910 of 36874 Old 12-23-2016, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post
It's BS, but it's only a little square that shows up in line with the rest of the apps. There are larger reasons to avoid this TV, but those are all dependent on how you plan to use it.

In terms of picture quality to value proportion - if you find a good panel, this is a tough one to beat. It's the software/one connect box that could cause you pain.
Can you elaborate on this?

Sounds like the ads may not be the biggest deal. But it's still annoying. Neither of my current LG smart TV's have ads like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page