Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 599 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179976Likes

post #17941 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyKnights View Post
Also I know there has been ton of questions asked about this topic and everyone response is different .. To me the biggest factor of pq setting on this tv is HDR+ during sdr and Color space when to use native or auto.... Auto sometimes over saturate colors bing time depending on source and native does the job.. just wish we wouldn't always have to change settings depending what source is coming in to get pq just right .. Whats your guys take on using hdr + with sdr or hdr and color space native n auto.. Oh and autio motion plus at custom 0 to me is a must unless you want judder
I never use HDR+. to fake looking to me and I like bright bold colors but it just doesn't look right to me. Same with using native, sometimes its ok but when that right scene comes along some colors look off. I keep trying the "move both AMP settings to 0" approach but the only thing that ever gets rid of the frame skips is to turn it off completely. Luckily I do not notice hardly any motion blur to drive me crazy other wise I probably would have swapped this tv out for another one.

Last edited by JohnnyD83; 12-23-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17942 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Liked: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide_NVN View Post
Anyone who says they have a perfect TV is not seeing something wrong. It has a problem. I don't believe perfection exists any more with these devices. I've been through enough that I have a right to that opinion.
Don't look for trouble because you'll find it even when it doesn't exist.
emmons, jeep05, Terminader and 1 others like this.

Living Room Sam. UN65KS8000 / 2017 Roku Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ920 7.2.4 / M-5010 Amp. /Sam. UBD-M8500 Blu-Ray Player.
DEN TCL 65R617 65-Inch 4K Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.2.4 / Philips 4K UHD Dolby Vision Player (P7502) BEDROOM Sam. 55JS8500 / 2016 Roku Ultra / LG UP870 3D Ultra High Definition Blu-Ray 4K Player

Last edited by bargervais; 12-23-2016 at 03:45 PM.
post #17943 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Liked: 1090
Deleted

Living Room Sam. UN65KS8000 / 2017 Roku Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ920 7.2.4 / M-5010 Amp. /Sam. UBD-M8500 Blu-Ray Player.
DEN TCL 65R617 65-Inch 4K Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.2.4 / Philips 4K UHD Dolby Vision Player (P7502) BEDROOM Sam. 55JS8500 / 2016 Roku Ultra / LG UP870 3D Ultra High Definition Blu-Ray 4K Player

Last edited by bargervais; 12-23-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17944 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked: 903
Quote:
Also I know there has been ton of questions asked about this topic and everyone response is different .. To me the biggest factor of pq setting on this tv is HDR+ during sdr and Color space when to use native or auto.... Auto sometimes over saturate colors bing time depending on source and native does the job.. just wish we wouldn't always have to change settings depending what source is coming in to get pq just right .. Whats your guys take on using hdr + with sdr or hdr and color space native n auto.. Oh and autio motion plus at custom 0 to me is a must unless you want judder
I use HDR+ a lot on a good SDR source and set colour space to Native. Each to their own!
Terminader likes this.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Nvidia Shield TV (2019) | Fire TV Stick 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
post #17945 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 63
When u do custom amp n move it to 0 thag is turning it off there's no off only custom and auto
post #17946 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
When u do custom amp n move it to 0 thag is turning it off there's no off only custom and auto
No, turning it to 0 doesn't turn it off. You have to select the Off option for AMP to turn it off.
Terminader, joe75xp and mrtickleuk like this.
post #17947 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 05:07 PM

Is it between to slide it to 0 or turn it off what's the difference
post #17948 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Is it between to slide it to 0 or turn it off what's the difference
Just click on "Auto Motion Plus" and you'll see the option to turn it off.
post #17949 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 05:11 PM

I know but what's the difference between custom 0 n off at 0 it's not doing anything lol
post #17950 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post
So ive had my 65KS8500 (AA02) for about a month now and i noticed that the audio sync was very slightly delayed from the picture using my cable box. (lips not matching up perfectly) This is using the TV speakers, my surround sound is perfect. The cable box is outputting 1080i with dolby digital. I confirmed this by playing the same channel on my sony set which has the same input delay. There was a small echo with the samsung set audio behind so my gut feeling was correct. i started playing with audio settings on the TV and found hdmi audio format is set to bitstream (which allows the TV to decode Dolby digital) I switch it to PCM and the picture went black and the cable box handshake with the TV and the sync is perfect now and matches the Sony TV in the other room (no echo). I switch back to bitstream and the same issue occurs. It is beyond me why the audio does not match up with the picture perfectly a using dolby digital signal but does perfectly with a pcm audio signal did samsung overlook this? Other then that the set is great. I had to exhange my first set because of 2 stuck red pixels and panel seperation. It does have some clouding in the lower right corner but its only visiable with HDR content where the backlight is cranked up very high
So I have a lip sync issues with my TV as well, but mine involves my surround system.

I have an Denon 1612 which doesn't pass through 4K/HDR, so I connect my PS4 directly to the TV and then pass the audio back to the receiver through ARC. When I set the audio to bitstream I get a delay in my speakers, so the audio is LATE. Note that I have set the audio delay to 0 on the TV and 0 on the receiver, yet the surround audio still behind the display.

Additional observations:

1) This only happens in GAME mode, which makes me suspect that the TV's bitstream audio processing is not accounting for the reduced lag in GAME mode.

2) Using TOSLINK optical audio from the TV to the reciever instead of ARC DOES NOT solve the sync issue.

3) The issue DOES NOT happen with PCM audio.

4) The issue DOES NOT happen if I directly connect the PS4 audio to the receiver (video still routed directly to the TV), which means the TV is introducing some kind of audio processing lag.

I can only assume that the TV has a slight delay processing bitstream/dolby and it becomes noticeable when GAME mode is activated due to the reduced image lag. For now I've bypassed the TV and sent the audio directly to the receiver. Now the audio and video sync perfectly.

For me this is not a huge issue, but I wanted to pass it along in case anyone else could benefit from my observations/testing.
post #17951 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
Good day everyone. I just had my KS8000 delivered yesterday after re-ordering it on the 30th Nov, the first one came with a nice 3 inch scratch on the screen so I refused the delivery.

So I have read through the Faq and I have done some searching as well as reading the last few pages but I still have a question or 2.

Firstly in reference to the quote below my questions, I should have my PS4 Pro and XBOX one S going straight into my Denon XVR1200 which supports 4k and then just have the one HDMI cord going from the receiver to the Arc HDMI port on the TV connection hub. Is this correct? I run a 5.1 sound system with 2 atmos speakers at the front. ( I know Xbox one S does not support Atmos as of yet) Also since I am just using the one HDMI Arc port should I have that set to HDR+ all the time or just for Standard def programs?

My only other question right now is on the TV netflix app. When I first set up the TV I had sound coming through the receiver for netflix but after I watched some TV when I tried to go to the netflix app again it kept playing the sound of the last channel I was watching and not the Netflix sound, does anyone have any idea why this might have happened?

I am looking forward to testing some of the settings out people have recommended on here. I have not had a chance yet but I noticed when the Netflix screen is loading and just has Netflix in the middle the light bleeding out from the bottom of the screen is horrendous, hopefuly once I calibrate the TV with better settings this will not be an issue.

Thank you in advance for any help people can offer.

"Connections:
Everyone's components and personal preferences are different, but here are some things you may want to consider if you need help deciding how to connect your various components to the TV vs. a receiver (AVR):
The KS8000 is able to do audio passthrough via optical or HDMI+ARC. However, audio passthrough on the KS8000 only supports up to Dolby Digital 5.1/DTS. If you require higher quality sound (e.g. Master Audio) or more channels (e.g. 7.1 or Dolby Atmos), the audio should connect straight to your receiver.
If you want to do 4k video passthrough to your KS8000, ensure that your receiver supports 4k resolution. If not, then you need to connect your 4k content directly to the TV.
The TV is able to save video profiles per source/app. If you want to take advantage of this capability, you need to connect those components to the TV's One Connect Box (OCB)."
Just bumping this before it gets to buried to see if anyone has any opinions or comments.

Thank you
post #17952 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Quoted: 5174 Post(s)
Liked: 7494
Quote:
I know but what's the difference between custom 0 n off at 0 it's not doing anything lol
It is doing something lol.

Auto Motion Plus does various sophisticated picture processing internally. Only two of the operating parameters (Blur and Judder) are exposed to the UI, as well as one Option (LED Clear motion).

Just because you've set Blur and/or Judder to the minimum levels, which for some people gives the best results, does not mean that the rest of the Auto Motion Plus processing system isn't operating when you turn it "on" - it is.

You can have:
AMP "off"
AMP "Auto"

These are all in "custom":
AMP on its own
AMP with your choice of Blur Reduction level
AMP with your choice of Judder Reduction level
AMP with your choice of both Blur and Judder Reduction level
AMP with LED Clear Motion
AMP with LED Clear Motion and your choice of Blur Reduction level
AMP with LED Clear Motion and your choice of Judder Reduction level
AMP with LED Clear Motion and your choice of both Blur and Judder Reduction level

Do you see?
Terminader, blenky and jconjason like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 12-23-2016 at 06:07 PM.
post #17953 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 06:03 PM

Oh got ya so in this case is there a difference with 0 or off that you can tell with ur eyes
post #17954 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
I'd never use HDR+ with HDR content. I always leave Color Space at Auto and you're absolutely spot on with Auto Motion Plus; Set to Custom and slide everything to 0.
Automotion set to off if you want no judder,not custom and 0. Believe me.
tjsilva likes this.
post #17955 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi, just got this TV and I have my Mac Book Pro connected to my Onkyo. When I go to select PC on the Onkyo nothing shows up. Do I have to Connect my MacBook Pro into the TV? I used to be able to connect through my onkyo but that doesn't work anymore.
post #17956 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
I think he's miming.

On this point - surely you still can?

When the advert is not present, the bottom row of smart hub is
[settings] [source] [search] [Divider] [your 1st icon] [your 2nd icon] [your 3rd icon]

With the advert, it's
[settings] [source] [search] [advert] [Divider] [your 1st icon] [your 2nd icon] [your 3rd icon]

In my picture, Sky is my 1st icon; the YouTube is my 2nd.

ie The advert only appears to the LEFT of the Divider line.

When I press "Home", the cursor lands to the RIGHT of the divider in both cases. On whichever source I was currently on.
If I was on Sky and press "Home", the cursor starts on Sky as the selected icon.
If I was in YouTube, the selected icon is YouTube when Home is pressed.
etc.

So I don't see how any pre-programmed number of "right" commands would work, because it depends on whether you start from [1st] or [2nd] for example?

Have I misunderstood you?

I am most often coming from an HDMI source and when I hit the "home" button from an HDMI source it defaults focus to the "Source" icon which is left of the divider. This presents a macro problem because the number of right-clicks to arrive at the first app tile is different depending on whether there is an ad or not (as you described above).
post #17957 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpSpeed2013 View Post
So I have a lip sync issues with my TV as well, but mine involves my surround system.

I have an Denon 1612 which doesn't pass through 4K/HDR, so I connect my PS4 directly to the TV and then pass the audio back to the receiver through ARC. When I set the audio to bitstream I get a delay in my speakers, so the audio is LATE. Note that I have set the audio delay to 0 on the TV and 0 on the receiver, yet the surround audio still behind the display.

Additional observations:

1) This only happens in GAME mode, which makes me suspect that the TV's bitstream audio processing is not accounting for the reduced lag in GAME mode.

2) Using TOSLINK optical audio from the TV to the reciever instead of ARC DOES NOT solve the sync issue.

3) The issue DOES NOT happen with PCM audio.

4) The issue DOES NOT happen if I directly connect the PS4 audio to the receiver (video still routed directly to the TV), which means the TV is introducing some kind of audio processing lag.

I can only assume that the TV has a slight delay processing bitstream/dolby and it becomes noticeable when GAME mode is activated due to the reduced image lag. For now I've bypassed the TV and sent the audio directly to the receiver. Now the audio and video sync perfectly.

For me this is not a huge issue, but I wanted to pass it along in case anyone else could benefit from my observations/testing.
I have the denon x1300w which just passes 4k and hdr when the unit is turned off, i can take it out of the loop with no change. I tried game mode and it does reduce the input lag in the video and audio but the audio is still behind just slightly in game mode or without game mode on with the TV speakers. I always use PCM on my ps4 so thats not an issue. Theres no audio options on the cable box, it defaults to Dolby digital unless the TV tells it to send PCM. I just have to force PCM through the sound settings on the tv i guess at this point. I don't like to always use my surround sound especially at night. I don't really need 5.1 Dolby Digital sent to tv speakers anyhow but its just frustration its not working as intended. Samsung screwed up somewhere in there dolby digital decoding with video/audio sync.

warpspeed in your case using ARC the audio should just pass through and not be processed by the TV at all im assuming if its 5.1 DD so im not sure why theres a delay with it set to 0 unless your having it convert to PCM from the TV to the denon

Last edited by rckrz6; 12-23-2016 at 08:19 PM.
post #17958 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Trouble getting Amazon Prime app to load on KS8000

Just got my 65" KS8000 today. TV looks perfect. Mounted it on the wall...updated the software, and all apps work great except that Amazon won't load. I get the spinning wheel and it says Loading Amazon Video and it hangs there for a while and then just disappears. The app never loads. I've completely up to date on firmware on the TV and I've reinstalled the app a few times. Any ideas? I'm 99% sure this is a software issue and not a real problem with the TV.

Pioneer VSX-1122
Velodyne Classic Home Theater
Samsung UN55D7000
Samsung UN65KS8000
post #17959 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone have problems like this with "jaggies" while watching cable TV? The picture on this tv looks amazing when watching through the tv apps or on my xbox one, but when watching cable the picture quality hasn't been great. I've used the Rtings settings and i'm still having problems. The picture isn't very clear and i'm getting a lot of jaggies on images in the menu. The best picture i could take : http://imgur.com/a/ef8wt

I have Fios btw. Anyone know if this is a cable problem or any ideas of what i can do?
post #17960 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have recently been having issues with my KS8000 set. From time to time when the tv has been off for a couple of hours, the TV will sometimes forget the remote settings for our Set top box. This means I would have to set the cable box, guide, remote pairing etc again for my cable set top box. This issue is intermittent. Could this have been the result of a recent firmware update? Any idea on how I can fix this. I can still return the TV and exchange if needed.
post #17961 of 36717 Old 12-23-2016, 11:43 PM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post
I have the denon x1300w which just passes 4k and hdr when the unit is turned off, i can take it out of the loop with no change. I tried game mode and it does reduce the input lag in the video and audio but the audio is still behind just slightly in game mode or without game mode on with the TV speakers. I always use PCM on my ps4 so thats not an issue. Theres no audio options on the cable box, it defaults to Dolby digital unless the TV tells it to send PCM. I just have to force PCM through the sound settings on the tv i guess at this point. I don't like to always use my surround sound especially at night. I don't really need 5.1 Dolby Digital sent to tv speakers anyhow but its just frustration its not working as intended. Samsung screwed up somewhere in there dolby digital decoding with video/audio sync.

warpspeed in your case using ARC the audio should just pass through and not be processed by the TV at all im assuming if its 5.1 DD so im not sure why theres a delay with it set to 0 unless your having it convert to PCM from the TV to the denon
Yeah, I'm not sure why it happens. PS4 is set to Dolby Digital (5.1), TV is set to bitstream and Dolby Digital (5.1), and the Denon is picking up a Dolby Digital (5.1) signal. However, for whatever reason, the audio reaches the receiver behind the image when routed through the TV (and in Game Mode).

If I send the same Dolby Digital signal directly from the PS4 to the Denon via an optical cable, then it matches the TV perfectly. Go figure.
post #17962 of 36717 Old 12-24-2016, 12:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Don't mean to be a downer but as far the 60 goes I think light bleed strip at the bottom is just something that comes with the 60. I have been through 3, and all with that aggravating discolored strip. The first one had just the strip, about a half inch high. Returned it and the next one had the same but not as pronounced along the bottom , but had mass clouding on the right quarter of the screen. Blacks were pretty gray just on the right side. Number 3 is almost a copy of number 2. So long story short, if you just got the strip at the bottom , might want to keep it. Wish I would have. The strip wasn't to bad compaired to the next ones I got. But decided to jump ship and go with the sony x930d and hope I got better luck this time
jeremie likes this.
post #17963 of 36717 Old 12-24-2016, 12:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 95
One more thing though. I went to all 3 best buys in my area and 2 abc warehouse and not one had the strip at the bottom on the display. So I guess good ones are out there , just no luck for me
post #17964 of 36717 Old 12-24-2016, 01:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustinJustin View Post
Yes, it's happened with DIRECTV, a second video on Amazon, and on the tv menu itself. That seems to rule out the source to me. It seems to happen when bright colors are displayed.

I have yet to see it with any 4K or HDR content (from YouTube and Netflix). Not sure if that's meaningful in some way.

I'm within my window to return to Best Buy, but I also don't want to overreact.
Return it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmywhite View Post
Help anyone. I have connected my TV to a Beoplay A6 using optical out but have no sound. Anybody have this problem? Tearing my hair out with this!
Silly question, but did you change the audio on the tv itself? I have mine set up to through HDMI4 ARC, but I'd think optical is the same way and you have to select it? What about through the Beoplay A6 menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartinijr1 View Post
Another one here with a 55 inch FA01 panel with no problems. Bought directly from local Best Buy. Carried home myself. Seems to be soooo many problems when ordering and having tvs delivered. I would avoid buying a tv that way at all costs after reading this thread. Geez.
I bought mine online without an issue. Dude brought it in and set it up. My wife and I mounted it the next day. Any other minor issues are the same as people who bought at their local brick and mortar stores

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
post #17965 of 36717 Old 12-24-2016, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Does anyone notice their 65" KS8000 tilts a little backward? I saw someone else mention that, and I see it too. But looking at Samsung's side picture on their product page, it doesn't appear to tilt back. Trying to get rid of glare from the glossy screen, and that's when I noticed mine tilts back a bit so the screen is facing more upwards. Wondering if that's how they all are, or just some of them.
post #17966 of 36717 Old 12-24-2016, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreativ View Post
Does anyone notice their 65" KS8000 tilts a little backward? I saw someone else mention that, and I see it too. But looking at Samsung's side picture on their product page, it doesn't appear to tilt back. Trying to get rid of glare from the glossy screen, and that's when I noticed mine tilts back a bit so the screen is facing more upwards. Wondering if that's how they all are, or just some of them.
The tilt is normal.

Even the 49 inch has it.
King Richard likes this.
post #17967 of 36717 Old 12-24-2016, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hello guys,

i use the ks8000 as my monitor for pc (gtx 1080)

a few questions

1) when i activate hdmi uhd color for the port where the pc is plugged in, then i can't choose the game mode on the tv anymore.
i can only choose between picture mode "standard" and "dynamic", where "standard" dims the screen to an unusual degree although everything is set to really bright. only "dynamic" makes it bright.
so, why can't i access "game mode" with uhd color turned on? also, the color saturation is turned off (grey) and gamma is also not accessible (grey) set to "0"

2) in the nvidia control setting i can only choose 8bit. does that mean that i dont benefit from the 10bit panel at all?
post #17968 of 36717 Old 12-24-2016, 05:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Quoted: 5174 Post(s)
Liked: 7494
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperry View Post
I am most often coming from an HDMI source and when I hit the "home" button from an HDMI source it defaults focus to the "Source" icon which is left of the divider. This presents a macro problem because the number of right-clicks to arrive at the first app tile is different depending on whether there is an ad or not (as you described above).
Yes, I fully understand that certainly would be a problem. Strange that it behaves different for me.
A "home" press (from my HDMI source) always defaults to the source I was on, not the "source" icon to the left.

Edit: Is it because I've added my HDMI sources to the bottom app bar? Try doing that?

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 12-24-2016 at 05:13 AM.
post #17969 of 36717 Old 12-24-2016, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofk1ngs View Post
Anyone have problems like this with "jaggies" while watching cable TV? The picture on this tv looks amazing when watching through the tv apps or on my xbox one, but when watching cable the picture quality hasn't been great. I've used the Rtings settings and i'm still having problems. The picture isn't very clear and i'm getting a lot of jaggies on images in the menu. The best picture i could take : http://imgur.com/a/ef8wt

I have Fios btw. Anyone know if this is a cable problem or any ideas of what i can do?
Turn Auto motion off completely to start. That solved most of my problems. I usually like it on very low and my other 2 Samsung's are that way, but just horrible mess on the screen with this one.
post #17970 of 36717 Old 12-24-2016, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Man what gives.
Using regular ps4, 65 inch KS8500, and Sony HT-RT5, I can't get 5.1 from movies.
I'm using ARC, even bought optical cable. I can get 5.1 DTS audio and Dolby digital sound from ps4 video games, but not watching movies.

No combination will work, why?
I'm in 1154

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Home theatre: 65" Sony X950G / LG UBKM9 / Sony UBD-X800 / Xbox One X Project Scorpio / PS4 Pro
Denon AVR-X4400H 7.1.4 config. / Plantronics Dolby Atmos RIG 600LX
Pioneer Andrew Jones L,R,C,SL,SR,SBL,SBR / (4) Polk Atrium 5 series TF,TR
SVS PB-2000 w/ SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page