Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 600 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179979Likes

post #17971 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 05:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 487
My KS8000 keeps changing its input names back to HDMI 3, HDMI 4 etc for my PS4 and PC. The auto rename stopped working after working fine for 3 months, so I renamed them myself, but it keeps switching them back. My cable box is still set up fine, however.

I tried switching the HDMI cables to different ports, but it didn't auto recognize like it did when I first set up the TV.

Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17972 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rad4 View Post
My KS8000 keeps changing its input names back to HDMI 3, HDMI 4 etc for my PS4 and PC. The auto rename stopped working after working fine for 3 months, so I renamed them myself, but it keeps switching them back. My cable box is still set up fine, however.

I tried switching the HDMI cables to different ports, but it didn't auto recognize like it did when I first set up the TV.

Anyone have any ideas?
No solution, but my "receiver" label disappeared and it sometimes says HDMI and sometimes cable box. The problem seemed to start with 1155. I just bought the tv though so I only have a day or two with the previous version.
post #17973 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rad4 View Post

Anyone have any ideas?
Wish I had a solution for you as I have been having the same problem for months.
Only my Tivo input has kept its HDMI name from day one. The others revert back to the generic HDMI names.
A couple of days ago I removed the 3 that would not stay and started over with the connection set up and the names have stayed.
But I have tried that before and it didn't stick.
Here's hoping it works this time.

I have my Tivo, Kodi box, Samsung 4k player and my receiver hooked up to the One Box.
Terminader likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17974 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelson View Post
I also have the double image blur. but its at its worst when im playing FIFA 17 and im going for a through pass. After the pass is completed the game looks clear again i have not been able to fix this no matter what settings i select. At 1st i thought it was the game. But realized it happen on both xbox 1 and ps4. No major issues on any other games like. gears of war 4. or destiny/division. Everything else seems okay to me. curious if anybody else has a similar issue when playing fifa.Thinking of selling its very annoying. Not sure if a firmware update would fix this.

Hi.. did you fix that problem because same issue wth my TV ?
thank you
post #17975 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 8
So i read through the other post with people having issues with Xbox one S and I tried the recommended settings and I also tried shutting everything down and unplugging it all for 10 mins but I am still having the same issue.

As soon as I turn HDMI UHD Color: ON the screen goes black and I can hear things if I move the controller around but I cannot see anything at all. I have not tried going straight to the TV from the Xbox One S yet as it is going through my Denon XVR 1200 which should handle 4k but that would be my next step to see if there is something going on with the receiver.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
post #17976 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I cannot for the life of me get a clear image on this tv ( 65" ks8000 ). I played with all settings last night reccomended on the forum YouTube , Netflix , Amazon , cable tv via fios. I have a cheap lg 4K tv in another room. When playing 4K or even cable tv , I can walk right up to the screen and the image stays clear as day , no distortion , no jaggy edges, it's bright and the picture is clear but when I use the ks8000 and walk up to the screen I see the opposite and the picture is not clear . I don't have a base of settings bc I cannot stop playing with them , I have tried ratings and many forum members posted settings with no luck. The picture is dark looking and washed out and just not clear. I even have a few 4K bluray movies I picked up for the Xbox one s and they just look dark and grainy. I hope someone could help bc I will try anything at this point. I know this tv is capable of so much more and when streaming I am hardwired and have 100mbs plan. Also when watching Netflix or anything I get some judder when the screen is moving and even turning auto motion to custom with both sliders to 0 or even off did not help .
post #17977 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Weird how "Movie" mode zooms out the picture about 2%.
Now I feel like I'm only watching 98% of a movie at all times if I'm not in movie mode!!! LoL
post #17978 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassedu View Post
I cannot for the life of me get a clear image on this tv ( 65" ks8000 ). I played with all settings last night reccomended on the forum YouTube , Netflix , Amazon , cable tv via fios. I have a cheap lg 4K tv in another room. When playing 4K or even cable tv , I can walk right up to the screen and the image stays clear as day , no distortion , no jaggy edges, it's bright and the picture is clear but when I use the ks8000 and walk up to the screen I see the opposite and the picture is not clear . I don't have a base of settings bc I cannot stop playing with them , I have tried ratings and many forum members posted settings with no luck. The picture is dark looking and washed out and just not clear. I even have a few 4K bluray movies I picked up for the Xbox one s and they just look dark and grainy. I hope someone could help bc I will try anything at this point. I know this tv is capable of so much more and when streaming I am hardwired and have 100mbs plan. Also when watching Netflix or anything I get some judder when the screen is moving and even turning auto motion to custom with both sliders to 0 or even off did not help .
Have you tried 16:9 and then do the fit to screen on? That helped me a little
King Richard likes this.
post #17979 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 07:50 AM

Yes I tried that last night and it seemed to zoom the picture out a drop which helped a bit but really did not solve any of my problems.
post #17980 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
So i read through the other post with people having issues with Xbox one S and I tried the recommended settings and I also tried shutting everything down and unplugging it all for 10 mins but I am still having the same issue.

As soon as I turn HDMI UHD Color: ON the screen goes black and I can hear things if I move the controller around but I cannot see anything at all. I have not tried going straight to the TV from the Xbox One S yet as it is going through my Denon XVR 1200 which should handle 4k but that would be my next step to see if there is something going on with the receiver.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
no problem on my side with xbox1s. you do have 18gbs
cables. much needed on this tv
MilitantBEEMER likes this.
post #17981 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargervais View Post
Don't look for trouble because you'll find it even when it doesn't exist.
yea never could figure out why some1 wants to find problems. imagination can make anything happen
post #17982 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
Just got my 65" KS8000 today. TV looks perfect. Mounted it on the wall...updated the software, and all apps work great except that Amazon won't load. I get the spinning wheel and it says Loading Amazon Video and it hangs there for a while and then just disappears. The app never loads. I've completely up to date on firmware on the TV and I've reinstalled the app a few times. Any ideas? I'm 99% sure this is a software issue and not a real problem with the TV.
I've been having issues with the Amazon app in 1155. Slow to load, and when it finally does, videos skip constantly. Bummer, 'cause they just FIXED the amazon app like 2 Firmware's ago.
post #17983 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant the ninja View Post
The 60 inch exclusively uses EO panels, which is made by sharp. I own a 60 but gave it to my brother. The only problem with it was the light bleed at the bottom of the screen. I think most of the 60s have this.

I now have a 55 FA01 panel that is wonderful, no issues whatsoever and no light bleed at all and night and day different with viewing angles as well.
Thankfully, the second panel doesn't have any light bleed. The uniformity looks good and the picture was pretty easy to get dialed in.
jeremie likes this.
post #17984 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Twas the day before Christmas, and up on the wall
Hung my KS Samsung, I pray it does not fall.

The mounting was hung by the chimney with care,
And also an antenna, to get signals over the air.

The wires were fished through the wall, to be hid,
When I see how neat it is, I am giddy as a kid.

The settings were played with for hours on end,
Just to brag about the picture, to wife and to friend.

May we all be thankful for a picture so bright,
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Thanks all for helping me get mine set up, and may you all have a nice holiday, enjoying your TV!

My current KS800 settings. PM:Movie, BL:13, B:45, C:85, S:0, C:40, T:G48/R52, DCV:Off, AMP:Off, SLED:Low, FM:Auto1, BL: Auto, DC:Off, CT:Warm1, Gam:0, CS:Auto
post #17985 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Yes, I fully understand that certainly would be a problem. Strange that it behaves different for me.
A "home" press (from my HDMI source) always defaults to the source I was on, not the "source" icon to the left.

Edit: Is it because I've added my HDMI sources to the bottom app bar? Try doing that?
Update: I was just preparing to respond that I too have my HDMI inputs added as tiles (and renamed), and when I press the home button it results in the "Source" tile (left of the divider) being selected by default. However, after looking at this more closely I see something interesting. HDMI 3 seems to work as I described, with the "Source" tile selected by default when I click the home button. However HDMI 1 does not behave this way. When HDMI 1 is the active source, if I click the home button then the HDMI 1 tile (right of divider) is default selected by default.

I don't know yet if this is because of the source "type" that is defined for these HDMI inputs, or if it's just a difference in behavior between HDMI 1 and 3.
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #17986 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 63
You tube app is running slow today does this happen here n there i have great connection speeds but it's stating other wise n it's lowering my resolution to 2k speeds.. Does you tube app run slow sometimes on certain days on this set
post #17987 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
Do you have the Xbox One S configured for 4k and 10 bit. The default in the Xbox setup is for 8 bit. But the tv requires 10 bit. It is in the Xbox set up screen. Just checking. If it is set to 8 bit and 4K, the screen will go black with the HDMI UHD set ON. I did not use the hdmi cable shipped with the Xbox. I am using a different one latest greatest.
The_Donster and Mishtar like this.
post #17988 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by camd5pt0 View Post
Man what gives.
Using regular ps4, 65 inch KS8500, and Sony HT-RT5, I can't get 5.1 from movies.
I'm using ARC, even bought optical cable. I can get 5.1 DTS audio and Dolby digital sound from ps4 video games, but not watching movies.

No combination will work, why?
I'm in 1154

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk
What are you using to watch movies? DVD, Blu-ray, streaming services? I've also noticed a few movies do not pass 5.1 through properly. I also had audio sync issues and ended up just routing my PS4 audio directly to the receiver.
post #17989 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Quoted: 5190 Post(s)
Liked: 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo2k View Post
Weird how "Movie" mode zooms out the picture about 2%.
Now I feel like I'm only watching 98% of a movie at all times if I'm not in movie mode!!! LoL
Make sure you have "fit to screen: ON" in all modes. From what you're saying, you haven't yet turned it on in the other modes. So you are choosing to zoom and crop the screen in your other modes. It sounds like Movie is the only mode you have set correct so far. Now it's up to you to fix the others to match it.

(It's nothing special about the Movie picture settings out of the box),

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyKnights View Post
You tube app is running slow today does this happen here n there i have great connection speeds but it's stating other wise n it's lowering my resolution to 2k speeds.. Does you tube app run slow sometimes on certain days on this set
Nope. It's probably just xmas eve, no-one is at work, everyone's watching Youtube.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #17990 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Oh this is true but I did hear to stream true 4k 60 fps on YouTube you need over 50mbs download is this true.. You tube requirement of speed compared to net flix is double of the recommended speed of net flix 25 mbps
post #17991 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

after seeing the reviews online, i got this TV. but must say that my old LG TV is giving better picture quality than this TV. Not sure if i need to do some calibration for movies, but for now the movies in my 43 inch LG tv looks crisp and bright than this TV.

the movie mode makes the picture dull and is looking like watching a 720p movie. if the movie mode is going to make it dull, then what is the point of seeing a 4K movie...

can anyone share their calibration which makes the picture quality better.

again, am no techie, don't know the details, just a layman.

Last edited by quaker_18; 12-24-2016 at 11:37 AM.
post #17992 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 898 Post(s)
Liked: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperry View Post
Update: I was just preparing to respond that I too have my HDMI inputs added as tiles (and renamed), and when I press the home button it results in the "Source" tile (left of the divider) being selected by default. However, after looking at this more closely I see something interesting. HDMI 3 seems to work as I described, with the "Source" tile selected by default when I click the home button. However HDMI 1 does not behave this way. When HDMI 1 is the active source, if I click the home button then the HDMI 1 tile (right of divider) is default selected by default.

I don't know yet if this is because of the source "type" that is defined for these HDMI inputs, or if it's just a difference in behavior between HDMI 1 and 3.
When my SmartHub acts strangely, which has only been about two or three times over a six month period, I find that unplugging the TV for a few minutes corrects the problem, especially after new firmware.
The_Donster likes this.
post #17993 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniez View Post
Do you have the Xbox One S configured for 4k and 10 bit. The default in the Xbox setup is for 8 bit. But the tv requires 10 bit. It is in the Xbox set up screen. Just checking. If it is set to 8 bit and 4K, the screen will go black with the HDMI UHD set ON. I did not use the hdmi cable shipped with the Xbox. I am using a different one latest greatest.
I did not check that. I will as soon as I get home. Thank you!
The_Donster likes this.
post #17994 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Question regarding 10bit content. If you play 10bit content while the screen is in 4:4:4 8bit 60hz then what is the result? I am assuming it looks off?

If that is correct then if you take the file and play it off a thumbdrive directly from the TV itself. Does that typically solve that issue?
post #17995 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaker_18 View Post
Hi,

after seeing the reviews online, i got this TV. but must say that my old LG TV is giving better picture quality than this TV. Not sure if i need to do some calibration for movies, but for now the movies in my 43 inch LG tv looks crisp and bright than this TV.

the movie mode makes the picture dull and is looking like watching a 720p movie. if the movie mode is going to make it dull, then what is the point of seeing a 4K movie...

can anyone share their calibration which makes the picture quality better.

again, am no techie, don't know the details, just a layman.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh jagadeesan
If you watch ***** content, you'll get a ***** picture. Your old LG TV does not have a better picture than this TV - I can assure you of that. Start off with these settings, and adjust to your liking if need be.

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000/settings
post #17996 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Did you set up your voice control? I never have and mine isn't on. I can't remember where it is in the settings menu, but it is there.
Yes -- but it still won't change channels or anything like that for me. It's weird.

On a related note, though, I think I worked out the solution to a different part of my problem. The problem (I believe) is that I was attempting to use voice input while running third-party apps like Amazon Video -- and apparently if they aren't set up to handle it, it just doesn't do anything.

The solution? Only use voice control from the main interface, outside of any apps. Works better anyway for me, and at least I can look up movies to stream from various apps from there.
post #17997 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Prevoiusly: http://imgur.com/a/YbV0w

This has been fixed now with a complete new panel, however they did a terrible fitting job: http://imgur.com/a/ysdVq

65" KS8000
Onkyo HT-S5800
Beyerdynamics DT 990 Pro
PS4 Pro
Xbox One S
post #17998 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Post up your settings so all of us can see them so we can see where your at, easier that way.
post #17999 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD83 View Post
Quote:
Post up your settings so all of us can see them so we can see where your at, easier that way.
I don't have any solid settings to post I have tried every setting reccomended here as well as ratings settings which produced a dark picture and when I played with those a bit to brighten it up everything looked washed out.
post #18000 of 36726 Old 12-24-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniez View Post

Thank you I thought the Xbox One S had switched to the right 4k on it's own. The problem is exactly what you suggested and it fixed it, thank you!
The_Donster likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page