Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 644 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179870Likes

post #19291 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post
Ok... I just updated the TV. Unplugged it , plugged it back in. Set up again and assured Anynet + is on , assured HDMI-Cec is on in the AVR. Unplugged all devices before I did the set up and it still will not find my AVR .... I'm going out of my mind here . I don't know what to do, I think I'm past my 30 days....
Ok... even though my TV and receiver aren't "seeing each other" I just went to you tube .... receiver auto switched to TV and IS streaming audio back through surround ... I'm stumped as to why when I set tv up it didn't say " found Onkyo" on devices ... think is mind boggling and has been consuming me!!!!
That means your ARC is working. However, from my experience, it won't last. Usually after a couple TV power down, you will find the AVR will suddenly no longer turn off automatically with TV and then the ARC will cease to work. You can pull the power cord of the TV to reset it and ARC will work again, and after a few TV power down, it will break again.
maximuslcd and Terminader like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19292 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I see the update is available in the US but its not available when I go through the TV itself and click on updates says no new updates available..I would just download it directly off the site but Ive never installed an update that way before usually how long does it take for these updates to appear via the TV
post #19293 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 4880 Post(s)
Liked: 7177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerfanalways View Post
I see the update is available in the US but its not available when I go through the TV itself and click on updates says no new updates available..I would just download it directly off the site but Ive never installed an update that way before usually how long does it take for these updates to appear via the TV
There doesn't seem to be a fixed pattern, from memory. In the past it's been anything from a few days to a month
Rolls-Royce likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19294 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgru View Post
I used Amazon stuff forever without issue, but even brand new Amazon High Speed Cables saw frequent dropouts with my PS4 Pro outputting RGB Full. 6-7 an hour. I swapped in a 3' MonoPrice Certified Premium cable (also super cheap) and still get some dropouts (screen goes black, no sound for about a second) over a long play session (1-2 over 3+ hours). No dropouts at all if I switch to YUV 4:2:0. I haven't figured out if the problem is my Pro or my TV or if it's a "wait for 2.1" thing. But the Amazon cables definitely aren't cutting it.
my new 18gbps amazon cables also drop out atleast once every 15-20 minutes or so.. if anyone knows of cables (10 foot) that have 0 drop out please post. The cable it comes with is short

Last edited by rckrz6; 01-05-2017 at 03:33 PM.
post #19295 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I had the eco settings off but I just checked and the brightness one was on. An update or something must have turned it on so that sounds like it could solve the dimming issue. I have seen some video of the edge bleed and it does look horrible so I guess I should leave well enough alone. What settings do you have yours on? I tried the ones on rtings.com and it is very dim. Do you just turn the backlight up if your room is brighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzzzee8 View Post
I have one from BJs and I get the same thing with things being slightly brighter at the top but if I stand up it goes away. Some other panels have this at the bottom. If its only slight I wouldn't worry about it. Some of them have been horrendous.

For the football blur try turning up blur reduction and/or judder reduction under the auto motion settings.

For the dimming make sure you turn off all the eco settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman76 View Post
Good morning all. I have had the UN65KS800DFXZA (Costco version) of this model for a few months now and while for the most part the picture looks great, I still notice a few things once in awhile and I don't know if I am just paranoid, imagining things, or if it is normal. First of all, edge light bleed. I have looked up some videos of this model that shows dark images and bright light around the edges. I don't get it like that. It seems like when it is a lighter image, it is brighter right around the top edge. If it is a dark scene near the top, I don't see any light bleed. The TV is pretty much eye level and when I stand up, I don't notice that light around the top edge so maybe that is normal, but it still makes me wonder.

I watch a lot of sports and I notice in football and baseball when they move the camera down the field, it seems like there is a blur or shadow type of effect on the field. I may not be explaining that well, but when the camera is moved down a football field, it just seems like the field looks a little splotchy like. Maybe this is normal and in the image, but I don't remember noticing this as much before or on another TVs. Maybe the TV is so nice it emphasizes that.

The first two things I mentioned above may be normal or acceptable and I am just worrying about making sure everything is right, but something else I have been noticing lately doesn't seem right. I have noticed this mostly when watching TV shows or movies, but in the middle of a scene, the image just seems to get darker all of a sudden. It is not gradual, like it sometimes does when they go from a lighter to a darker scene. It will be in the middle of a scene where it just seems to suddenly get a little darker right in the middle of it. I can go back and rewind to try to recreate it, and it doesn't do it. I have had this happen both when watching cable and also when watching a movie on Amazon through the TV app so I can rule out the HDMI cable on that. It is not a big deal but then today something else happened. On the Comcast box, if you go into a menu or something for a bit it will dim the screen a little. We had it on that and then when we exited out of the menu back to the broadcast, the image stayed dark. I turned the TV off and back on again and it was back to normal. I was able to recreate this again by turning the menu on and off and the image stayed dark. So I don't know if this is a cable box issue or a TV issue. There could be a cable issue as I have noticed some choppy playback in DVR sometimes, but I find it odd that turning the TV off and on fixed this problem. Anyways, are there some tests I can perform to make sure everything looks normal before I take any action (light bleed, banding, etc.)? What do you guys recommend? I am going to start by doing a factory reset and calibrating according to the settings posted on rtings.com. Thank you.
post #19296 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Based on how you have everything running through your AVR and AVR out to input 4 on the OneConnect, you'll only get video on input 4. It's the only one you have connected. Also, running through your AVR is the best solution, depending on your needs.
I am planning on buy a proper AVR this year. My issue with this method is that I have specific video calibrations for my devices : movies (DLNA or Bluray), gaming (PS4 Pro), Live TV (but this one doesn't really matter in this case).
If I plug everything into the AVR, i will have to change my picture settings every time.

I was actually looking at a few receiver that have dual HDMI output. It could do the trick doesn't it ?
post #19297 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
@DMZ_P There is a link in that first post I LINKED to above that explains "what Bias Lighting is and why you should be using it".Richard
Thank you again Richard for your wisdom
The_Donster and King Richard like this.
post #19298 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Does anyone else have a PS4 and turning the TV on or off randomly turn the PS4 on? I am not on HDMI 4, PS4 is directly going into the One Connect, but it will sometimes turn on whenever I power the TV on or off.
post #19299 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Liked: 1090
I want to praise this TV I put up an outdoor antenna to see what local HD channels look like. I will tell you the over the air channels are pristine compared to what I get from directv. Unbelievable and simply brilliant.

Living Room Sam. UN65KS8000 / 2017 Roku Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ920 7.2.4 / M-5010 Amp. /Sam. UBD-M8500 Blu-Ray Player.
DEN TCL 65R617 65-Inch 4K Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.2.4 / Philips 4K UHD Dolby Vision Player (P7502) BEDROOM Sam. 55JS8500 / 2016 Roku Ultra / LG UP870 3D Ultra High Definition Blu-Ray 4K Player
post #19300 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hey Everyone!

Lots of great stuff in this thread. I have not returned to this forum in years. I love the great info here.

I recently bought the SUHD 55KS8000... I LOVE playing the PS4 Pro on it; gaming mode looks great and the response time is nice. I also just upped my Netflix membership to 4K and UHD content. I have a couple questions however if anyone might help me on my new set. Please and thanks in advance since I'm decently technical... but not to the level of most of you.

1:
I updated my TV's software to v. 1151 when I 1st set it up. I see now v. 1161 is out but my TV is telling me there is "no update for me" ... The person above me said it might be a month, so is it hard to update via flash drive? I don't want to screw up my new TV. Also how do I see the change log for v. 1161?

2:
Are the following the optimal HDMI slots to use? Does it matter?

Here is how I have it set up now:
Fios STB - HDMI 1
PS4 Pro- HDMI 2
(eventually a PC)- HDMI 3
Panasonic Bluray/Surround - HDMI 4

3:
I have a Panasonic SA-BT230 surround sound/Bluray system. When I first turned on my new TV I had everything plugged in and turned on, my Fios STB and PS4 were recognized perfectly fine... but it simply WONT figure out what my Panasonic Blu/sourround receiver is. It just says it can't identify it and some functions might not work. When I view input sources via the TV's hub it just refers to HDMI slot 4 generically as "receiver." (I happen to be using HDMI slot #4 , like I asked about above). What's even stranger is it WILL power my Bluray/Surround on and off along with the TV when I hit the TV power button, and the remote controls the volume of the unit itself too. So it would seem it is indeed working fine, and does for the most part, except randomly the Samsung remote stops controlling it and my TV will flicker and I have to re-do the setup procedure to get them integrated again. It will work for a couple weeks, then BOOM, random flicker or the TV screws up at power up and suddenly can't control the Bluray/Surround unit. And once again... I have to re-do the setup procedure again. This happened 3 times now. Anyone get weird stuff like that?

Thanks for any advice!

-Kev

EDIT: @ Audacious Nick... I do have a PS4 and my Samsung remote never turns it on or off. That sounds really frustrating. I have my PS4 Pro plugged into HDMI slot #2 and my Samsung TV is running firmware v. 1151 if that helps. Should my PS4 Pro be plugged in slot #4?
post #19301 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 968 Post(s)
Liked: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTC View Post
If I lived in the UK, I would be wanting HLG support first as the BBC has started streaming test videos through their iplayer. Good luck finding any dynamic HDR10 videos today.
Yes hopefully. I'm ugrading my Virgin Media TiVo next week to the 4K model. I know the BBC iPlayer app on the new box has the Planet 2 4K test footage. I will be able to enjoy it in 4K but hopefully HDR one day if Samsung pull their fingers out
NTC likes this.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
post #19302 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdood83 View Post
Hey Everyone!

Lots of great stuff in this thread. I have not returned to this forum in years. I love the great info here.

I recently bought the SUHD 55KS8000... I LOVE playing the PS4 Pro on it; gaming mode looks great and the response time is nice. I also just upped my Netflix membership to 4K and UHD content. I have a couple questions however if anyone might help me on my new set. Please and thanks in advance since I'm decently technical... but not to the level of most of you.

1:
I updated my TV's software to v. 1151 when I 1st set it up. I see now v. 1161 is out but my TV is telling me there is "no update for me" ... The person above me said it might be a month, so is it hard to update via flash drive? I don't want to screw up my new TV. Also how do I see the change log for v. 1161?

2:
Are the following the optimal HDMI slots to use? Does it matter?

Here is how I have it set up now:
Fios STB - HDMI 1
PS4 Pro- HDMI 2
(eventually a PC)- HDMI 3
Panasonic Bluray/Surround - HDMI 4

3:
I have a Panasonic SA-BT230 surround sound/Bluray system. When I first turned on my new TV I had everything plugged in and turned on, my Fios STB and PS4 were recognized perfectly fine... but it simply WONT figure out what my Panasonic Blu/sourround receiver is. It just says it can't identify it and some functions might not work. When I view input sources via the TV's hub it just refers to HDMI slot 4 generically as "receiver." (I happen to be using HDMI slot #4 , like I asked about above). What's even stranger is it WILL power my Bluray/Surround on and off along with the TV when I hit the TV power button, and the remote controls the volume of the unit itself too. So it would seem it is indeed working fine, and does for the most part, except randomly the Samsung remote stops controlling it and my TV will flicker and I have to re-do the setup procedure to get them integrated again. It will work for a couple weeks, then BOOM, random flicker or the TV screws up at power up and suddenly can't control the Bluray/Surround unit. And once again... I have to re-do the setup procedure again. This happened 3 times now. Anyone get weird stuff like that?

Thanks for any advice!

-Kev

EDIT: @ Audacious Nick... I do have a PS4 and my Samsung remote never turns it on or off. That sounds really frustrating. I have my PS4 Pro plugged into HDMI slot #2 and my Samsung TV is running firmware v. 1151 if that helps. Should my PS4 Pro be plugged in slot #4?
1 - They are not distributed at the same time
2 - Looks good
3 - Doesn't really recognize my receiver but I haven't have issue with CEC. I haven't noticed any flickers or so many someone else can chime in on this.
4 - Most of the time my Pro go into standby when I turn off the TV (with the TV remote)

Since you have a PS4 Pro and the exact same TV as me I was wondering if you could help me with something.
I've noticed that when the PS4 Pro is set up with Dolby Digital (and TV audio Format is set to Dolby Digital) the sound is delayed to my receiver by 6 frames.
It does not do that when my PS4 Pro is using DTS.

Did you notice anything similar ?

Also, did you notice that the audio format changes on its own if you switch from a DTS input/content to a DD one ?
post #19303 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 968 Post(s)
Liked: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
Sorry if it has been mentioned again...Some huge issues with my KS8000.

1) It happens mostly in many video games.... on fast scenes i get dizziness. I havent experienced sth similar with my previous 1080p Sony Tv's. My eye cant follow up with whats going on the screen and as a result i get dizziness..... motion sickness i would say and does not happens with all games. The more i play the more comfortable my eye becomes with that situation but not a permanent solution.... its like the screen becomes blurry on fast pacing scenes and i cannot keep up with whats going on...has to do with judder issues have been mentioned...? specially on Gears of War 4 it felt like unplayable until my eye got accustomed to.

2) Huge Huge issue with black screen flickering for 1-2 secs during playing HDR and SDR games. Only solution is to unplug the hdmi cable when the problem occurs.

3) When i open ps4 it also sometimes boots up also my apple tv and in general the Anytec+ function is f....ed up.

4) Can i install the 1160 US update on my European KS7000?
On point 4) - no.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
post #19304 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 4880 Post(s)
Liked: 7177
Quote:
Hey Everyone!

1:
I updated my TV's software to v. 1151 when I 1st set it up. I see now v. 1161 is out but my TV is telling me there is "no update for me" ... The person above me said it might be a month, so is it hard to update via flash drive?
Welcome! It's very easy to update via a flash drive. Just unzip and put the files on a drive and connect to the OneConnect. If you need more info see the Samsung support pages where you get the file from.

Because you've got 1151, I'd encourage you to update simply because 1152 and later added support for VP9-profile 2 which YouTube uses for HDR. The app didn't change, just the TV's capabilities and there are some very nice HDR videos on YouTube.

There's no changelog. Samsung refuse to give out anything other than platitudes. If you see a changelog, remember it'll be the exact same text as the last one and the last 20 before that.

Also please see the FAQ on the first page of this thread, it will answer some questions you haven't thought of yet as well as ones you have
kevdood83 likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #19305 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
Does anyone else have a PS4 and turning the TV on or off randomly turn the PS4 on? I am not on HDMI 4, PS4 is directly going into the One Connect, but it will sometimes turn on whenever I power the TV on or off.
I'm on fw 1155 with a PS4 Pro hooked up to hdmi2. Turning on the PS4 turns the tv on. I have thankfully not had the PS4 turn on by turning the tv on.
post #19306 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargervais View Post
I want to praise this TV I put up an outdoor antenna to see what local HD channels look like. I will tell you the over the air channels are pristine compared to what I get from directv. Unbelievable and simply brilliant.

Bargervais...are you hooked up to a separate OTA box ( and if so by hdmi/) or is the tuner built in? Also how does OTA sports look regarding motion? Thanks
post #19307 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Probably a long shot, but does anyone know if the ks8000 supports bluetooth 2.1 a2dp?
post #19308 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
This might have gotten lost in the million posts after mine.

Is this the IR sensor that I would put a IR emitter on to control the tv with my RF remote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #19309 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMZ_P View Post
1 - They are not distributed at the same time
2 - Looks good
3 - Doesn't really recognize my receiver but I haven't have issue with CEC. I haven't noticed any flickers or so many someone else can chime in on this.
4 - Most of the time my Pro go into standby when I turn off the TV (with the TV remote)

Since you have a PS4 Pro and the exact same TV as me I was wondering if you could help me with something.
I've noticed that when the PS4 Pro is set up with Dolby Digital (and TV audio Format is set to Dolby Digital) the sound is delayed to my receiver by 6 frames.
It does not do that when my PS4 Pro is using DTS.

Did you notice anything similar ?

Also, did you notice that the audio format changes on its own if you switch from a DTS input/content to a DD one ?
I have my audio going out from my PS4 Pro via Toslink optical directly to my Panasonic receiver. I use bitstream (Dolby). So basically, my Samsung KS8000 is not involved in the audio work at all when playing games. So I don't have that issue.

I wanted it set up this way to give myself the best possible response times for both audio and video with the least pass through or mucking about as possible. So I go direct optical cable, and use game mode on the Samsung.

Sorry I can't be of more help :/

Is optical audio an option for you?
post #19310 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargervais View Post
I concur , I run off air antenna on all my TV's , it's a clean uncompressed signal of pure digital goodness!

I work to live and live for the beach.
Amateur HT enthusiast.
Samsung 65KS8500/Onkyo 656 AVR, Dolby 5.1.2 Atmos, SVS primes,
Sharp Quatron 3D 60" Onkyo 705 Bonus room
Sharp Quatron 60" Bedroom
post #19311 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefr View Post
That means your ARC is working. However, from my experience, it won't last. Usually after a couple TV power down, you will find the AVR will suddenly no longer turn off automatically with TV and then the ARC will cease to work. You can pull the power cord of the TV to reset it and ARC will work again, and after a few TV power down, it will break again.
Yes my ARC is working so at least I know none of my equipment is faulty, this is obviously a firmware issue from Samsung. It still doesn't explain ( other than firmware) of why the TV will not find the AVR.... it did when I first set it up.

I work to live and live for the beach.
Amateur HT enthusiast.
Samsung 65KS8500/Onkyo 656 AVR, Dolby 5.1.2 Atmos, SVS primes,
Sharp Quatron 3D 60" Onkyo 705 Bonus room
Sharp Quatron 60" Bedroom
post #19312 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post
my new 18gbps amazon cables also drop out atleast once every 15-20 minutes or so.. if anyone knows of cables (10 foot) that have 0 drop out please post. The cable it comes with is short
My 7 year old HDMI 1.1 monoprice cables have zero dropout. Are you sure it's your cables?
post #19313 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post
Yes my ARC is working so at least I know none of my equipment is faulty, this is obviously a firmware issue from Samsung. It still doesn't explain ( other than firmware) of why the TV will not find the AVR.... it did when I first set it up.
I remember on one version of the firmware it even identified my AVR by the model number TX-NR646. Now it just says Receiver. On yours it just says HDMI4? Your TV routes the audio to your AVR, so apparently your TV "sees" it, and your TV remote should be able to control the AVR volume.
post #19314 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caviefreak View Post
This might have gotten lost in the million posts after mine.

Is this the IR sensor that I would put a IR emitter on to control the tv with my RF remote?

I think the TV Remote is bluetooth based except the on/off button, which is in IR.
post #19315 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingm View Post
Probably a long shot, but does anyone know if the ks8000 supports bluetooth 2.1 a2dp?
I think so. I have a BT headphone connected to it.
post #19316 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
Turn off HDMI control in your PS4 if it's an issue for you.
Quote:
I have my audio going out from my PS4 Pro via Toslink optical directly to my Panasonic receiver. I use bitstream (Dolby). So basically, my Samsung KS8000 is not involved in the audio work at all when playing games. So I don't have that issue.

I wanted it set up this way to give myself the best possible response times for both audio and video with the least pass through or mucking about as possible. So I go direct optical cable, and use game mode on the Samsung.

Sorry I can't be of more help :/

Is optical audio an option for you?
Just curious why you chose optical to your AVR over an HDMI? If you ever need HD audio from your PS4, you won't get that via optical.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #19317 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post
My 7 year old HDMI 1.1 monoprice cables have zero dropout. Are you sure it's your cables?
It has to be unless there's huge amount of bad ps4 pros or samsung tvs
post #19318 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefr View Post
I think the TV Remote is bluetooth based except the on/off button, which is in IR.

I use a Harmony remote currently that's IR but will be switching to a smart hub with a smart app so I will need to put a IR emitter on the sensor. Just don't know where it is. I have tried to cover the front of the tv up but no luck on narrowing it down.

post #19319 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Liked: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno View Post
Bargervais...are you hooked up to a separate OTA box ( and if so by hdmi/) or is the tuner built in? Also how does OTA sports look regarding motion? Thanks
I live on the beach got my outdoor antenna pointing towards the cluster of towers near Fish Hawk. 30 to 35 miles as the crow flies. Anyway I'm using the TV'S internal tuner the reception and the picture quality is quite breathtaking compared to my directv signal.

As far as sports I haven't watch any to speak of yet I will have to give it a shot this weekend. I suspect it will be very good as it's not compressed.

Living Room Sam. UN65KS8000 / 2017 Roku Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ920 7.2.4 / M-5010 Amp. /Sam. UBD-M8500 Blu-Ray Player.
DEN TCL 65R617 65-Inch 4K Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.2.4 / Philips 4K UHD Dolby Vision Player (P7502) BEDROOM Sam. 55JS8500 / 2016 Roku Ultra / LG UP870 3D Ultra High Definition Blu-Ray 4K Player

Last edited by bargervais; 01-05-2017 at 06:06 PM.
post #19320 of 36544 Old 01-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Has samsung addressed anything about 2.1 and 2016 models?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page