Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 673 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 180303Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #20161 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 09:05 PM
Member
 
wargod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Why would anyone use HDR+ with true HDR content? You understand what HDR+ is, right?
HDR Netflix is available through the Xbox One S. Is that not true HDR content?
wargod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #20162 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,253
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 2367
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post
HDR Netflix is available through the Xbox One S. Is that not true HDR content?
Yes, it is. Why would you want to use the HDR+ mode for that?
streetunder likes this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #20163 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Member
 
wargod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Yes, it is. Why would you want to use the HDR+ mode for that?
I read that with HDR native contents, HDR+ also uncovers previously hidden images from darker content scenes, supplementing the level of brightness to express objects hidden in darker shadows. For brighter content scenes, HDR+ increases the level of contrast ratio to differentiate objects from the background, while still depicting more image details on the screen for an overall better picture.

What are you currently using your HDR+ for?
wargod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #20164 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post
HDR Netflix is available through the Xbox One S. Is that not true HDR content?


Isn't Netflix HDR broken on the One S? Everything plays as if it is HDR!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elisha is online now  
post #20165 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 09:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post
I read that with HDR native contents, HDR+ also uncovers previously hidden images from darker content scenes, supplementing the level of brightness to express objects hidden in darker shadows. For brighter content scenes, HDR+ increases the level of contrast ratio to differentiate objects from the background, while still depicting more image details on the screen for an overall better picture.



What are you currently using your HDR+ for?


Where did you read that? It's just a pseudo WCG mode. Makes colours pop a little and tames some over saturated ones. Doesn't do much for shadows or highlights.
However it keeps changing a little every fw update it seems.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elisha is online now  
post #20166 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,253
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 2367
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post

What are you currently using your HDR+ for?
I don't use HDR+ mode for anything.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #20167 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
The_Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PACNW
Posts: 934
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post
For those of you with Xbox One S, I realize game mode is for FPS shooters to minimize input lag, but are any of you not running that mode and running either HDR+ or movie mode for when you use the xbox one S to watch 4k HDR blue rays or play other non FPS games? I have HDMI UDH Color turned to on for HDMI 1, which is the slot on the samsung that my xbox one S is plugged into.

For those running movie mode or HDR+, did you adjust backlight to maximum and set Smart LED to high and color space to Native?
I've got the One, not the One S, and I use Movie Picture Settings when gaming. I haven't noticed any lag when gaming and think the picture looks great. I've kicked my backlight down to 6, but have Smart LED on High and pretty much using the default settings. Oh, and I saw your reply to @jconjason 's question. Don't mix up HDR+ with actual HDR. The difference is covered in the FAQ on the first page, first post (See my signature for the quick link). Some people use it, most of us owners don't. We just let the HDR kick in on the installed apps like on select programs on Amazon, Netflix and YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Seales View Post
I'm in the middle of a home renovation and will have a power plug installed directly behind where the tv is going to be mounted. The issue I have now is that I'd rather run just the one [longer] OCB cable behind the wall to my equipment off to the side versus running 4 HDMI cables from the same spot to the TV. More HDMI cables is not only more $$$, but also more points of failure and/or things to be quickly out of date within a year.

Samsung doesn't seem to have anything as long as I need. I may try my hand at cutting the provided cable and extending it myself (it's only wires, right!?) and/or settling for a 3meter and slightly reconfiguring my home theatre layout.
Well you can do what you want, but I wouldn't do that myself. My feeling is why not run the cords through the wall instead of putting the power outlet up so high? Are you putting them on a bookshelf to the left or right of the tv or a media table underneath? Without knowing where your components are going and your room set up I can't give you the best advice there. I just know I wouldn't risk it, but that's me.
King Richard likes this.

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
The_Donster is offline  
post #20168 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey folks

I was wondering, whats the best way to clean the screen of Samsung KS led?

Ive been using this for years

http://www.discobianco.com/mediarang...ml?language=en

"Liquid does not contain alcohol (non-combustible), methanol-free"

What do you guys use for cleaning the screen?

Cheers
streetunder is offline  
post #20169 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 11:07 PM
Member
 
wargod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 19
wargod is offline  
post #20170 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 11:12 PM
Member
 
wargod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Technically the new feature works by employing algorithms to analyze the video signal in real time. Based on this it arrives at an educated guess for how contrast, colors, and details can be enhanced or changed.

Article says that with HDR+ enabled it allows you to adjust HDR picture settings.
Terminader likes this.
wargod is offline  
post #20171 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: US
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno View Post
Thanks..football looked great, next up hockey.
Hockey looks great imo. Don't need AMP - even though you'd think it helps it. Looks the same to me. And at first, you might think you need to bump up the backlight, but this TV just can't wait to show you those brights it seems, so I leave it at my normal 7-8. Also, the following quote by @lmartinijr1 has turned out to be true for my cable channels, and I'm sure has helped hockey games look as good as they currently do:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartinijr1 View Post
Try setting everything to OFF. Than leave it alone and let it settle for a few days without playing around with the settings. Works with cable boxes here in the states. Don't process the signal from the cable company. Hope it does the trick.


Quote:
Originally Posted by emmons View Post
by the way screws are 45 mm. not sure where people got 50 mm. last time i seen some1 here use 50 mm they complained the bolts bottomed out and he didn't think that had anything to do with his now back separation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post
what plastic are you talking about?
I was basically describing what @emmons just mentioned - the bottom of the screw wells, where if you do over-tighten you run the risk of putting pressure on the material (I'm assuming it's plastic) that's protecting the inside of the panel. I had to use 50mm M8's because of the thickness of the brackets I was attaching. 45's only showed about 2 threads under the included spacers. Wasn't going to risk that, heh.

Also @rckrz6 , I would also suggest getting the Mediabridge Flex cables. Got 3 of them myself and have had zero issues.
The_Donster and King Richard like this.

Samsung UN60KS8000
Samsung UBD-K8500

Last edited by Ted Brogan; 01-15-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Ted Brogan is offline  
post #20172 of 37149 Old 01-15-2017, 11:39 PM
Senior Member
 
rckrz6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Brogan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno View Post
Thanks..football looked great, next up hockey.
Hockey looks great imo. Don't need AMP - even though you'd think it helps it. Looks the same to me. And at first, you might think you need to bump up the backlight, but this TV just can't wait to show you those brights it seems, so I leave it at my normal 7-8. Also, the following quote by @lmartinijr1 has turned out to be true for my cable channels, and I'm sure has helped hockey games look as good as they currently do:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartinijr1 View Post
Try setting everything to OFF. Than leave it alone and let it settle for a few days without playing around with the settings. Works with cable boxes here in the states. Don't process the signal from the cable company. Hope it does the trick.


Quote:
Originally Posted by emmons View Post
by the way screws are 45 mm. not sure where people got 50 mm. last time i seen some1 here use 50 mm they complained the bolts bottomed out and he didn't think that had anything to do with his now back separation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post
what plastic are you talking about?
I was basically describing what @emmons just mentioned - the bottom of the screw wells, where if you do over-tighten you run the risk of putting pressure on the material (I'm assuming it's plastic) that's protecting the inside of the panel. I had to use 50mm M8's because of the thickness of the brackets I was attaching. 45's only showed about 2 threads under the included spacers. Wasn't going to risk that, heh.

Also @rckrz6 , I would also suggest getting the Mediabridge Flex cables. Got 3 of them myself and have had zero issues.
Thanks guys I ordered 2 cables to start. I'll swap them all out of they work good
Ted Brogan likes this.
rckrz6 is offline  
post #20173 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 12:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 4
i have some questions on the bias/accent lighting and i didnt find answers to these after looking through threads on here:

1. what is the best suggestion for use with this samsung tv in 65 inch.

2. i saw a thread about the dreamscape extreme, it only works with one source at a time, like only tv but not ps4, or vice versa. is that how all accent lights are? or is that only for the fancier ones that the lights move to the images. and the current model is not for 4k. does that mean it wont do the lights correctly when watching 4k shows/games? or does it like down-grade the tv visual output to 1080p? i dont really understand why lights would need to be 4k. this was also $180 and the other lights id seen were like $15 - $25 bucks.

3. my tv is on a stand on a counter in front of a brown book shelf that has different sized areas, is that going to make an accent light not worth doing, or would it still be better to have it but it just wouldnt have the optimal effect.
inopethflames is offline  
post #20174 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 12:33 AM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by inopethflames View Post
i have some questions on the bias/accent lighting and i didnt find answers to these after looking through threads on here:

1. what is the best suggestion for use with this samsung tv in 65 inch.

2. i saw a thread about the dreamscape extreme, it only works with one source at a time, like only tv but not ps4, or vice versa. is that how all accent lights are? or is that only for the fancier ones that the lights move to the images. and the current model is not for 4k. does that mean it wont do the lights correctly when watching 4k shows/games? or does it like down-grade the tv visual output to 1080p? i dont really understand why lights would need to be 4k. this was also $180 and the other lights id seen were like $15 - $25 bucks.

3. my tv is on a stand on a counter in front of a brown book shelf that has different sized areas, is that going to make an accent light not worth doing, or would it still be better to have it but it just wouldnt have the optimal effect.

Well you apparently didn't search very hard as there are tons of posts about Bias Lights in this tread.

I don't recommend the ones that "move to the images". They might look "cool" but are a waste of money in my humble opinion (plus I don't think they work with 4K TVs, but I might be wrong).

For the ones I recommend, see:

>> THIS POST << and also check out >> THIS POST <<

For general info about "Bias Lights", check out this article:

>> What Bias Lighting Is and Why You Should Be Using It <<



Richard
The_Donster and mrtickleuk like this.
King Richard is offline  
post #20175 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 04:43 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReflexAction View Post
Hello everyone yesterday i bought 49KS8500 and joined your community but i have 1 problem and 1 question

1- When i try update my TV its shows up error at %83 its says ''Update failed. [ITEMRSA]'' what does its mean ? and how can i solve this ?
2- How can i check my TV total operating time ?

Thank you for your answers
Hey, I have EXACTLY the same problem here: same message after the same amount of updating. Could you solve this in the meantime? Any tip appreciated!
koskitch is offline  
post #20176 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
ftboomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the new Lemony Snickets on Netflix. Truly exceptional picture quality. By far the best steaming quality I've ever seen.
ftboomer is offline  
post #20177 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 05:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftboomer View Post
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the new Lemony Snickets on Netflix. Truly exceptional picture quality. By far the best steaming quality I've ever seen.


Very good but also very depressing style. Medici is excellent and so is 3%.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elisha is online now  
post #20178 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
krispykeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post
I read that with HDR native contents, HDR+ also uncovers previously hidden images from darker content scenes, supplementing the level of brightness to express objects hidden in darker shadows. For brighter content scenes, HDR+ increases the level of contrast ratio to differentiate objects from the background, while still depicting more image details on the screen for an overall better picture.



What are you currently using your HDR+ for?


I have used hdr+ to watch specific standard Blu-ray Discs and found it enhanced the experience. It is nowhere near hdr but it can bring out some interesting visuals on material like planet earth. I have not tried it with actual hdr and was caught off guard by that article suggesting the benefits. Doubt I will experiment with that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
krispykeith is offline  
post #20179 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
maximuslcd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trying to get to FL
Posts: 2,149
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post
I read that with HDR native contents, HDR+ also uncovers previously hidden images from darker content scenes, supplementing the level of brightness to express objects hidden in darker shadows. For brighter content scenes, HDR+ increases the level of contrast ratio to differentiate objects from the background, while still depicting more image details on the screen for an overall better picture.

What are you currently using your HDR+ for?
I don't use HDR+ for anything, just forget its there....
The_Donster and mrtickleuk like this.

I work to live and live for the beach.
Amateur HT enthusiast.
Samsung 65KS8500/Onkyo 656 AVR, Dolby 5.1.2 Atmos, SVS primes,
Sharp Quatron 3D 60" Onkyo 705 Bonus room
Sharp Quatron 60" Bedroom
maximuslcd is offline  
post #20180 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 05:54 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
Go to Apps. Then select 'My Apps'. Move to ITV app and hold down select key until you get a pop up menu. From that select 'Reinstall'.

My ITV Hub is currently working fine btw.
Thanks for the how to. Reinstalled the app and it is exactly the same. No gui just the menu, have included a pic of what I get. If you have an 8000 series tv and firmware the same as mine and yours works, then I can only think it is a specific problem on my tv
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170116_133656.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1898481  
Jorellh likes this.
flierman1945 is offline  
post #20181 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 8,936
Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6220 Post(s)
Liked: 9043
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post
Technically the new feature works by employing algorithms to analyze the video signal in real time. Based on this it arrives at an educated guess for how contrast, colors, and details can be enhanced or changed.

Article says that with HDR+ enabled it allows you to adjust HDR picture settings.
That was their press release from waaaay back last year when they first added that feature. It's written by their marketing team, not their engineers.

As members of this thread have found out in testing, it affects the colour gamut only. It also, critically, doesn't store two sets of settings (one for SDR input and one for HDR input) like Movie and Standard do. Therefore it's unsuitable for using with both types of content unless you're happy to constantly adjust the Backlight, Contrast, Gamma, Smart LED, Dynamic Contrast every time you switch between watching SDR content and HDR content in this "HDR+" mode. So the most logical thing to do is to keep it for up-converting some SDR content.

We already have Movie mode which, when fed with HDR content reproduces the HDR source as faithfully as this TV is capable of. HDR+ isn't some magic "extra gear" that tries a bit harder. Be aware that any extra "enhancements" (the word is in quote because that term has been abused by the marketing people) which the HDR+ mode might add, are things which the TV itself has created, and not things which were in the original picture. It's just like ramping up the Sharpness control changes the picture.
Terminader and The_Donster like this.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 01-16-2017 at 06:23 AM.
mrtickleuk is online now  
post #20182 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
layzzzee8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandofaction View Post
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the 65KS8000 and am running into a bit of a dilemma. The conduit that was run behind my fireplace is only about 1.25" wide (long story), so it does not fit the One Connect cable into it. Unfortunately, the conduit is also too small to run every single cable up to the device (4 HDMI, Ethernet, Coax). This leaves me with a few options that I'm hoping the group can help me make the best decision about:
  1. Attempt to file down the plastic sides of the One Connect cable head to get it closer to the input's width and have it fit into the conduit. This seems like a bad idea, but might actually work if it's all plastic in the surrounding area.
  2. Purchase some sort of HDMI switch/receiver so I can simply run one HDMI cable through the conduit, then mount the One Connect box behind the TV. I imagine this means I'll miss out on some of the smart TV features and would also have to use a separate remote to switch inputs, but let me know if I'm wrong about that.
  3. Find slimmer HDMI cables that may allow me to fit all of the wiring necessary into the conduit. I'll still have to mount the One Connect box behind the TV in this scenario.
  4. Find a way to detach the head of the One Connect cable, run it, and reattach it afterwards. From what I have researched, it doesn't seem that this is possible.

Ideally I'm looking for a solution that will prevent me from having to run additional cables in the future and also be able to use a single remote (I'm still investigating IR options).

If the group has any thoughts or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
I would purchase a replacement One Connect cable and try to file it down.
layzzzee8 is offline  
post #20183 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,522
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by flierman1945 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
Go to Apps. Then select 'My Apps'. Move to ITV app and hold down select key until you get a pop up menu. From that select 'Reinstall'.

My ITV Hub is currently working fine btw.
Thanks for the how to. Reinstalled the app and it is exactly the same. No gui just the menu, have included a pic of what I get. If you have an 8000 series tv and firmware the same as mine and yours works, then I can only think it is a specific problem on my tv
Trust me it's not your TV. The app is buggy. It looked like that for months and now suddenly works. I'm on 1160 firmware.
blenky is offline  
post #20184 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
layzzzee8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftjandra View Post
Does anyone have problems connecting to a DLNA server using wired ethernet (65KS8000)? I have both a Synology NAS and Serviio running on a PC. Using wifi, the KS8000 sees both, but I get disconnects (like a lot of other people here). Using wired ethernet, the KS8000 doesn't see either of them. Switching back and forth, always comes back on wifi, but nothing on wired. Running firmware 1155.

Wired connection looks fine otherwise. Correct IP address, can play Youtube, Amazon prime, etc.

Thanks.
I have a Synology NAS as well. There is a DS Video app on the Tizen store that works pretty well. Plays my 4K HDR Bluray rips without a hitch. Just enable the video station app on the Synology and point it to your media folders. My TV is using wired ethernet.
layzzzee8 is offline  
post #20185 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,522
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post

I don't use HDR+ for anything, just forget its there....
No don't forget it's there! Try it out. I use it on good quality HD SDR sources. You may need to turn backlight down a bit and set colour space to Native. It's not for everyone.
King Richard likes this.
blenky is offline  
post #20186 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,522
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzzzee8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftjandra View Post
Does anyone have problems connecting to a DLNA server using wired ethernet (65KS8000)? I have both a Synology NAS and Serviio running on a PC. Using wifi, the KS8000 sees both, but I get disconnects (like a lot of other people here). Using wired ethernet, the KS8000 doesn't see either of them. Switching back and forth, always comes back on wifi, but nothing on wired. Running firmware 1155.

Wired connection looks fine otherwise. Correct IP address, can play Youtube, Amazon prime, etc.

Thanks.
I have a Synology NAS as well. There is a DS Video app on the Tizen store that works pretty well. Plays my 4K HDR Bluray rips without a hitch. Just enable the video station app on the Synology and point it to your media folders. My TV is using wired ethernet.
You can also install Plex on the NAS and use the TV Plex app.
blenky is offline  
post #20187 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
layzzzee8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorge View Post
Can anyone tell me if there's a way to close an app or reboot an app? I've been having problems recently with Netflix and HBO Go where the app just stops responding to any inputs. I usually just unplug the TV but I was wondering if there's another way because my outlet is a bit hard reach. I looked around but couldn't find anything on it, I was hoping maybe someone here knows if there's a way to close apps. Thanks for any help.
If holding the back button doesn't help you can also hold the power button down on the remote to have the TV reset.
layzzzee8 is offline  
post #20188 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 06:54 AM
Member
 
wargod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
That was their press release from waaaay back last year when they first added that feature. It's written by their marketing team, not their engineers.

As members of this thread have found out in testing, it affects the colour gamut only. It also, critically, doesn't store two sets of settings (one for SDR input and one for HDR input) like Movie and Standard do. Therefore it's unsuitable for using with both types of content unless you're happy to constantly adjust the Backlight, Contrast, Gamma, Smart LED, Dynamic Contrast every time you switch between watching SDR content and HDR content in this "HDR+" mode. So the most logical thing to do is to keep it for up-converting some SDR content.

We already have Movie mode which, when fed with HDR content reproduces the HDR source as faithfully as this TV is capable of. HDR+ isn't some magic "extra gear" that tries a bit harder. Be aware that any extra "enhancements" (the word is in quote because that term has been abused by the marketing people) which the HDR+ mode might add, are things which the TV itself has created, and not things which were in the original picture. It's just like ramping up the Sharpness control changes the picture.
Thanks for clearing this up. For any activity used on the xbox one S, I will set it for movie mode then.
mrtickleuk likes this.
wargod is offline  
post #20189 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post
Thanks for clearing this up. For any activity used on the xbox one S, I will set it for movie mode then.


HDR+ can look good in games.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elisha is online now  
post #20190 of 37149 Old 01-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Member
 
bjorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Hold the back button to force close apps.

This is assuming the app hasnt crashed the smart hub itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzzzee8 View Post
If holding the back button doesn't help you can also hold the power button down on the remote to have the TV reset.


Thanks for the help, guys. Much appreciated.
bjorge is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off