Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 700 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 180303Likes

post #20971 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinw View Post
Use them all the time. I rent so no big holes for me. Never had a problem. Takes less than 10 minutes to hang tv. Easily moved too if you don't like the position. You actually think I'd recommend something if it did not work
Good that it works for you. I hope your good luck continues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20972 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB4XSBC View Post
Once again, I'm getting 80 Mbps on my TV. Netflix and Amazon Prime have no issues with 4K content. YouTube had no issues either, until last week.

I'm getting 4K as well, but only for a few seconds. it's not consistent like it was before.
On my TV, the 4K is consistent. It could be something YouTube fixed on their server side. Anyhow, it is a non issue now.
NTC and Terminader like this.
post #20973 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Quoted: 6220 Post(s)
Liked: 9043
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52LG60FTW View Post
Which is the best panel on these bad boys?
Which is the best colour? Which is the best car?

If you can answer those questions, you'll know the answer to the panel question. They are equally subjective questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricST View Post
What was included in the firmware update that was released a few days ago ?
This is a FAQ.

The same as for EVERY version.
  • Improved usability
  • Improved browser performance
  • Improved app performance
  • Improved stability
  • Improved usability of input devices
  • Improved platitudes from Samsung support
jeep05, Terminader and The_Donster like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20974 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavboym3 View Post
Crazy Question.. I went with the KS8500 for my kitchen. Really nice TV! 2 questions

1. can I add just a wireless sub-woofer to it anyway? The sound is very good, but a sub would be great! Or do I have to go with a whole soundbar deal?

2. What is a great Calibration for daily use? I only used it for Cable TV 1080P Verizon X1 cable. I have been going from Vivid to Movie

Here are a couple photo's I took of it hung up.

1. The TV does not have a wireless subwoofer connection option. It does support bluetooth device, so you can connect any BT wireless speakers to it.

2. It is all personal preference. I like to watch Live TV in Standard, and watch movies in Movie mode. I never use any other modes. Some people like to use Movie for everything.
post #20975 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircobra View Post
So I just got my replacement setup (had the yellow/dirty looking strip down both sides of the set, really only noticeable when the background is light). This one of course has the same issue. Assuming this is the only issue I run into with this one, I may just stick with it because it is becoming a hassle swapping these out (the one I had right before these 2 had the backing issue) and I would rather not have Best Buy start giving me problems with exchanging.
Thanks so much for this feedback! I am beginning to wonder if most have this, but many users may not notice it. Once you do, it is hard to not notice. I just really thought I would have noticed it on the first set...but sometimes you definitely fixate on specific issues. When I walk up to the screen to try the "rub on it" trick, i usually can't see the discoloration so it almost feels like it is the panel bend combined with the edge lighting creating the "dirty strips" when viewed straight on. Maybe a tradeoff of the curve???
post #20976 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketamine View Post
What are others thoughts on this? Would you return this set and try again? I really want to try one last panel repair. I have just a few days to try and return to Samsung and order a new one.
Like others have said, if that is all you have a problem with, it's better to just live with it. I was exactly where you are now about 4 weeks ago. Same exact issue, same location. Bumping the Brightness down below 45, and dropping Backlight back a couple ticks has minimize the times I "see it" to just some of the blockier cable channels that linger on darker. solid colors at the bottom. When I watch anything letterboxed, I don't see it at all. For brighter scenes, I now laugh at how hard I actually have to try and "see it".

Non issue. Now go watch some 4k content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
I'm looking for an opinion from owners, i'll be looking to upgrade my existing blu ray player and i'm trying to decide whether to go for a dedicated UHD Blu ray, or an Xbox One S
Have had the K8500 for a few weeks now and it's performed flawlessly.

Samsung UN60KS8000
Samsung UBD-K8500
post #20977 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTC View Post
Are you changing the country code after a complete smart hub reset, or are you using the quick method of going straight to terms and policies and then changing the country. If you do a smart hub reset and when you get to the terms and policies and change the country code then, it should prompt for new postal code.
I had to manually type in rogers as my service provider and it appeared. Entering my postal code never worked for me
NTC and King Richard like this.
post #20978 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by skadriancorp View Post
Did you change it to US store and back to Canada as well? Whenever i change it to the US store it does prompt me to enter a zip code. But when I change it to Canada, just gives me a list of US tv providers

Country can be changed by mute/volume up/ch up/mute.
I haven't been able to even access the zip/postal code screen! It doesn't show up after a SmartHub reset or even full factory reset. I'm prompted to select my cable provider, so I have to manually type in Rogers, and then it just says setup complete. Yet when I hover on the cable set top box icon on the SmartHub menu, it keeps telling me to set up TV all over again.

For some reason my TV is just skipping the whole zip/postal code bit, which is why perhaps it's not pulling up any TV guide data?

The constant disconnecting from the wifi network is also continuing. Called the Samsung rep back and she kept insisting it must be something from the ISP end. She had me set up a wired connection so for now I'm connected to the internet, but the whole set up TV loop hasn't been resolved.
post #20979 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Brogan View Post
Like others have said, if that is all you have a problem with, it's better to just live with it. I was exactly where you are now about 4 weeks ago. Same exact issue, same location. Bumping the Brightness down below 45, and dropping Backlight back a couple ticks has minimize the times I "see it" to just some of the blockier cable channels that linger on darker. solid colors at the bottom. When I watch anything letterboxed, I don't see it at all. For brighter scenes, I now laugh at how hard I actually have to try and "see it".
I just visited the OLED thread and it appears the LG 65" OLED units are far from perfect. Sure glad I only spent half the $ for my Sammy.

Time to go home and watch some hockey on the nice bright white screen !!!!
post #20980 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefr View Post
On my TV, the 4K is consistent. It could be something YouTube fixed on their server side. Anyhow, it is a non issue now.
Still an issue for me.
post #20981 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by J450N View Post
Still an issue for me.
I just checked, and it's still an issue for me as well.
post #20982 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldehyde View Post
I haven't been able to even access the zip/postal code screen! It doesn't show up after a SmartHub reset or even full factory reset. I'm prompted to select my cable provider, so I have to manually type in Rogers, and then it just says setup complete. Yet when I hover on the cable set top box icon on the SmartHub menu, it keeps telling me to set up TV all over again.

For some reason my TV is just skipping the whole zip/postal code bit, which is why perhaps it's not pulling up any TV guide data?

The constant disconnecting from the wifi network is also continuing. Called the Samsung rep back and she kept insisting it must be something from the ISP end. She had me set up a wired connection so for now I'm connected to the internet, but the whole set up TV loop hasn't been resolved.
I'm seeing the exact same thing as your tv. So i guess nothing can be done, maybe a future update might fix it.
post #20983 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I don't think I can sift through 20,000 posts here, but I just received my 65ks8500. Pretty massive clouding issues with this set.

Anyone have any good way of getting rid of that? or am I stuck with trying to return this thing?
post #20984 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 2367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bult816 View Post
So I don't think I can sift through 20,000 posts here, but I just received my 65ks8500. Pretty massive clouding issues with this set.

Anyone have any good way of getting rid of that? or am I stuck with trying to return this thing?
The Search feature at the top of the thread makes it pretty easy to sift

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #20985 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzzzee8 View Post
It has everything to do with the sets ability to lock onto a frame rate correctly. Some programming it will skip when a scene changes but then be smooth after. On mixed programming like a news show where they cut to film you see judder on the film parts or issues with the scrolling ticker. And don't get me started on ABC programming...
So is there a solution for this? I don't want to use AMP because of SOE and the unwanted artifacts it introduces. I am very often seeing severe judder with the TV's Netflix app, blu-rays and even uhd blu-rays Ironically I am not seeing this with SD DVD's or YouTube for the most part. It makes me wonder if the people who don't see this on there sets actually have sets that are functioning the way they should and those of us who do see this happening have a malfunctioning set.
post #20986 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskolnikov1944 View Post
I am talking about this video, recently uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z31oCoT8Rwk&t=24s

Could you do me a favor and try this in both AUTO and NATIVE color space and tell me your results? I get very over saturated colors with the AUTO option and I don't remember that being the case before 1160. Or was it?

Thank you.
oh god

this video looks hideous

this is NOT a good HDR reference video, whoever made it jacked up the saturation by 10000% and it looks like ass
post #20987 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Having no issues with hdr on YouTube app. As far as clouding, just decide if you can stop thinking about it. Some people apparently have perfect panels but I have tried 2 and both had different areas of clouding, edge bleed and off color edges. The picture remains insanely good despite the imperfections. Give yourself a week and decide if you stop noticing but I don't recommend the exchange game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #20988 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Let the set settle in. My buddy had a Sony with terrible clouding and banding. After we set on his settings a few days later it was not visible any more. Haven't had any problems on my 55 inch or 65 inch. Just watched a FREE movie on VUDU...they have a bunch of free movies all of a sudden....the picture was beautiful! Sound thru my Onkyo receiver great too. Love these tvs.
post #20989 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 3
After updating to the latest FW, still had problems establishing ARC with my receiver and TV. I decided to test the ARC connection with a Vizio soundbar I had and it worked flawlessly. This led me to believe that there was some problem with my Onkyo (TX-NR 656) receiver, so I tested each connection to the onkyo and found out that the connection labeled BD-DVD (HDMI-2) was causing the problem. Once I took out that connection, ARC was working again, re-establishing that connection causes the issue. I need to call Onkyo support and see why that specific HDMI input is causing problems.

Interestingly, before I found out all this, I was relegated to using optical for audio but was still able to control the volume on the avr by selecting the receiver as the input on the TV but the moment I switched to over the air broadcasting, I would lose the ability to control the volume.
post #20990 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 63
You guys have to try the new baywatch movie trailer 4k on you tube wow.. It's not hdr but who cares stunning..
post #20991 of 37149 Old 01-24-2017, 11:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Damn why did Samsung remove the option to use Auto motion plus while in game mode? Has anyone else noticed. Before I was able to use it just to lower the motion blur and it helped a lot especially on games like NBA2K17. Now it's disabled again.

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #20992 of 37149 Old 01-25-2017, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread

Quote:

Can you post some pictures? How about some settings? With edge lit LED TV's a certain amount is normal under certain circumstances.

Last edited by ketamine; 01-25-2017 at 04:53 AM.
post #20993 of 37149 Old 01-25-2017, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Crazy Question.. I went with the KS8500 for my kitchen. Really nice TV! 2 questions

1. can I add just a wireless sub-woofer to it anyway? The sound is very good, but a sub would be great! Or do I have to go with a whole soundbar deal?

2. What is a great Calibration for daily use? I only used it for Cable TV 1080P Verizon X1 cable. I have been going from Vivid to Movie

Here are a couple photo's I took of it hung up.

I connect mine to Samsung HW-K650 Soundbar and sub over WIFI not Bluetooth you can connect over Bluetooth if you want, and the sound is excellent.
post #20994 of 37149 Old 01-25-2017, 05:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drogeanx View Post
oh god

this video looks hideous

this is NOT a good HDR reference video, whoever made it
Eh? There's a huge Travelxp 4K logo plastered all over it. It's called "Travelxp 4K TV Channel Promo". Travelxp 4K is "whoever made it"!

Quote:
jacked up the saturation by 10000% and it looks like ass
indeed.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #20995 of 37149 Old 01-25-2017, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I just exchanged panels, had a great image on my last set but there were some bubbles popping up under the screen and was already getting back panel separation after a couple of days.

Went to fire up the new set went straight to youtube and am getting the 4k issues everyone else has been talking about, 4k videos loading as HD, HDR still working. Previous panel was fully updated to the new firmware and wasn't getting these issues.
post #20996 of 37149 Old 01-25-2017, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by J450N View Post
So is there a solution for this? I don't want to use AMP because of SOE and the unwanted artifacts it introduces. I am very often seeing severe judder with the TV's Netflix app, blu-rays and even uhd blu-rays Ironically I am not seeing this with SD DVD's or YouTube for the most part. It makes me wonder if the people who don't see this on there sets actually have sets that are functioning the way they should and those of us who do see this happening have a malfunctioning set.
I just think other people are a lot less sensitive the type of judder caused by the refresh rate of LCD tech. Your best bet is to turn up judder reduction until its bearable and then give yourself some time to adjust to the SOE. I have judder reduction at 6 and do not see any SOE. The only issue I have is with ABC programming and some other programs where frame will skip every few seconds. The other options are to go with a comparable Sony as they seem to have better motion handling where SOE is a lot less noticable or to get an AVR that does 4K60p upscaling. Another user here has a Denon x3300 and uses the upscaling feature. He can turn judder reduction to 10 and not see any SOE.
post #20997 of 37149 Old 01-25-2017, 06:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
Damn why did Samsung remove the option to use Auto motion plus while in game mode? Has anyone else noticed. Before I was able to use it just to lower the motion blur and it helped a lot especially on games like NBA2K17. Now it's disabled again.
Hmm, I think it's always been disabled and you probably weren't properly in Game mode when you used it before maybe? Game mode only has a low lag by disabling the CPU-intensive picture processing options. AMP would certainly be one of the first things on the list to turn off. I don't think it's ever been available in Game mode. I say this because I went through the whole lot in >> this post << back on 26th Oct .

post #20998 of 37149 Old 01-25-2017, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:

I'm just going to chime in that when I wall mounted mine on a tilt mount I had massive clouding if I tilted the screen down. It took a bit of it standing straight up again for the clouding to go away. If the TV was stored laying down I could see it causing clouding that could possibly correct itself after a while. No guarantees though.
post #20999 of 37149 Old 01-25-2017, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O'Davies View Post
I connect mine to Samsung HW-K650 Soundbar and sub over WIFI not Bluetooth you can connect over Bluetooth if you want, and the sound is excellent.

How the heck do you connect a sound bar through WIFI? You lost me there
Jayislike likes this.

TV's: LG OLED 65B6P / LG OLED 55E6P / Samsung UN49KS8500
Receiver: AVR-891
Subwoofer: Sunfire HRS-10
Towers: PSB T6's
Center: PSB C5
Surrounds: BA Satellite Speakers
post #21000 of 37149 Old 01-25-2017, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
How the heck do you connect a sound bar through WIFI? You lost me there
Pretty Simple Samsung have an IOS or Android Multiroom APP, you can Configure the Soundbar with that.
Not sure what is hard to understand about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page