Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 811 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179803Likes

post #24301 of 36461 Old 03-27-2017, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave4282 View Post
I need the 9' One Connect cable for my 55" KS8000 (I've heard it comes with the 6', which won't be long enough for my setup) and was referred to samsungparts.com (J&J International). Does anybody know which length comes with the 55" KS8000 (6' of 9')? Also, has anybody ordered the 9' cable:

If so, did it work with the KS8000? I've read reviews for J&J International online and they're horrendous, so I figured I'd see if anybody had any experience with them.
I ordered my wall mount adapters through them and they arrived in a reasonable time and price was fair I felt. Their website search and labeling of items is a little underwhelming but I eventually was able to find what I needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24302 of 36461 Old 03-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Got my 60" unit today from Costco.com. Was quite excited as it's replacing an 11 year old Sony 720p LCD rear projection unit. Was very disappointed when the right hand leg would not fit in the opening. The left hand side slid right in with a nice snap when fully seated. The right side would not go in to the stop with probably twice the force. Would not go in either opening so it has to be the leg and not the hole.

After 45 minutes on the phone with Costco (none in stock anywhere) and Samsung, Samsung is sending me out a replacement pair of legs. They did not offer and I didn't think to ask about express shipping so the TV will sit in the box in my family room for 5-7 days. Btw, the Samsung guy said they'd seen this before so I am apparently not the only one, just an unlucky one.
Terminader likes this.
post #24303 of 36461 Old 03-27-2017, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Who's excited for Planet Earth II in UHD HDR?
Should have mine tomorrow according to Amazon Canada!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24304 of 36461 Old 03-27-2017, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post

what type of footage is it?
post #24305 of 36461 Old 03-27-2017, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 334
So, for those of you keeping score at home, Rtings answered my question about the Q7's handling of HDR in game mode and . . . it's the same as the KS8000. Settings have to be adjusted manually. I think this is actually a good thing in the sense that a "fix" for the Q7 may be something that could be easily backported to the 2016 line.
Terminader and ergalthema like this.
post #24306 of 36461 Old 03-27-2017, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi

I have the KS8005 .. 65 ..

Sadly i have got some problems with it.

Remote stops working. ( then it works, a quick press, on the start button and tv is on. The little red light blinks, then a button is pressed.) but some times the remote dont work. then i press the on button, nothing happens. and the red light is also dead. After some testing i figured out, if i press the on button for 15-30 sec it comes to life and the red diod blinks then i press something. ( tv can be started if i press the on button under the tv. I have ofc changed batteries, tested remote handshaking automatic and manual. it shows up as connected on tv. this is my third smart remote from samsung, all of them have the same problem. i have now bought a standard samsung remote to se if the problem still remains.. its been for days so far, and no problems with it. Any idea about this problem ? it looks like the remotes are bad, perhaps a bad shipment.
or can tv lock the remote ?. It should start right ?? turn on in any case. According to samsung, there is no power saving function on the remote.

Samsung support can't explain this... Well they can't explain anything really. After the last time i spoke to them, i thought perhaps it was the same person that
designed the remote, as the samsung burning phone. its good then it works, but can also ...........

I also changed panel, two times. one has a vertical bar 15 cm in from the right side. could be seen depending the content. Technician said it wasn't dead pixels or bleed
but something in the panel was not correct assembled, They there reluctant to change it out at first. because it could onley be seen in some situations. But i don't buy a
premium product and accept these kind of problems. The second one has horizontal lines at the bottom of the panel. Could be seen depending of the content, pc use etc. Samsung must have a fantastic quality control. Then i did get the panel replaced.. it looked fine, but now i can see a faint bar on the right side again.
barely visible, but now, i know its there. About the same 15 cm in from the right and 10-15 long Any ideas about this ?

I know its a panel lottery..the next one can be worse. //minimal light bleed and no dead pixels. The 2017 samsung lineup have better build quality, metal insted of plastic etc. The back cover can sometimes not be pressed on correctly. if you get a tv that have this problem. you can press it on by your self .. it has clips under and the backplate.
should not sway when pressed. And of course it should not have left the factory like that. // my tv had that problem, on the right side, opposite to the connections..

Another thing that is worth mentioning, Tv wants to change hdmi port automatically then new hardware is turned on. receiver,xbox etc .And that function can't be turned off.. it's sad to be a feature of this tv. but if you look at the news, and turn on the receiver and the tv cuts off the feed, and goes to the receiver.... that's stupid..
tv and receiver hdmi control etc.. wont solve this problem.

Anyone had luck turning this off in service menu ?

And if you change the name of the hdmi ports.. tv changes them back... i let a samsung technician remote control the tv. and he could se in real time that it changed
the name of the ports. i asked if he could mail - contact samsung main office so, these bugs get sorted. his response was that they couldn't do that. And he could not say if they new about the problems. I sad, im not alone about this .. this needs to be sorted but ..no... . (firmware 1165)

On the plus side..

Motion plus seams to be better optimized.. in auto . minimal soap opera effect. Keeping the backlight upp.. helps.
and Samsung will add HLG in future firmware.

First time for me at avsforum.. Looks like a good place to be. and this samsung ks forum, with its 811 posts ...
Looks promising.

// Daniel
Sweden
Elbie likes this.
post #24307 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 02:42 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post
what type of footage is it?
Native 4k, filmed in BBC's HLG, but post converted to HDR-10 for the UHD Blu-Ray.

Let me tell you, it is absolutely stunning, and you owe it to yourself to see it first hand.
post #24308 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 02:45 AM

Liked: 11
anyone got this gamma shift problem?

like how middle lose detail or just blump of black but visble when watched from different angle than middle?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...WxKQ1g0Zk1Sc2M

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...kJDaTB6UkpsTjQ

got tv tech service to take a look. he explained it as this model got led light from below and up. so middle will have a weakness. is this right?

same with uniformity test where i could see "led light" light down the tv.

he conclude those 2 problem as "not reason to replace of fix", but i had some bubble issue on the screen so he will replace it.

not extreme as this:
but same effect.

closest duplicate of the problem is this:

And Nits. i see that http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000 is using the US model ? smart led high = sustain 500 ish and peak 1400 ish.

what is the eu then ? i mean i know EU is called ks7000 but what if it is actually not the same nits as ks8000(us model)

i talked with the support on US he could give me the smart led high nits peak specification from 2% 10% and 25% and he said it vary from each country

while when i talked to the norwegian/swedish one. they couldn't give me the number. What i am concern is of course wrong advertisement. and Energy level law in each country might affect this.

it really suck if you bought this tv and it just go to like 900 nits etc... or bellow

someone who are in EU can test "nits" thingy? or even better norway/sweden ? thank you

Last edited by DaiKami; 03-28-2017 at 06:21 AM.
post #24309 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Creative Katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGameScouts View Post
You could also go with the new Creative Labs Katana:
I recently reviewed this soundbar for my tech site, and its performance is incredible for the price. It has a sub-woofer, but it's very compact!
Thank you for your suggesitons, Does anybody have a clue on how the Bose Solo 5, the Samsung HW-J250/ZF or the Creative Katana would compare with the stock audio of the KS8000 in terms of sound?

I only have 82cm (32 inches) of space in my desk so my choices are limited.

I'm not an audio expert, on paper those sistems are 2.1 sound while the KS8000 TV is marketed as having 4.1 60W sound.
post #24310 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question anyone make brackets to mount a sound bar?

hello, I have a 2016 Samsung un65ks8500 which I absolutely love.
how ever I wanted to mount a sound bar to the bottom of this tv. ive looked at the Samsung hw-j7500r and hw-8500r sound bar. come to find out that it mounts directly to a 2015 model Samsung. not my 2016. any one have suggestions on which sound bar and mount will work to mount this directly under my tv?
post #24311 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 06:01 AM

Liked: 10
I will be getting a Samsung 65" 8000 from BB soon, and part of the delivery is unboxing and making sure everything looks good.

What should I be looking for that would be an immediate refusal of delivery? Panel sticking out, big scratches, dents, something else wrong with the display?

Anything else I should be looking at? What at a quick glance from turning on the TV can I tell if something is good/bad?

Thanks.
post #24312 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 07:35 AM

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
I will be getting a Samsung 65" 8000 from BB soon, and part of the delivery is unboxing and making sure everything looks good.

What should I be looking for that would be an immediate refusal of delivery? Panel sticking out, big scratches, dents, something else wrong with the display?

Anything else I should be looking at? What at a quick glance from turning on the TV can I tell if something is good/bad?

Thanks.
I'd be interested in any feedback as well, as Best Buy is delivering my 55" 8000 & installing it this Saturday and I'd like to know what I should look out for.

On another note, I know the screens on these are a nightmare to clean, so I'm hoping the install guys are careful and don't get fingerprints on the screen while installing
post #24313 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannycar View Post
hello, I have a 2016 Samsung un65ks8500 which I absolutely love.
how ever I wanted to mount a sound bar to the bottom of this tv. ive looked at the Samsung hw-j7500r and hw-8500r sound bar. come to find out that it mounts directly to a 2015 model Samsung. not my 2016. any one have suggestions on which sound bar and mount will work to mount this directly under my tv?
I have a Samsung HW-K650 sounbar which (although I didn't use them) came with brackets to mount it to the wall at whatever position / height you like. Sureley something like that would do you, or does it actually have to be attached to the TV?
post #24314 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave4282 View Post
I'd be interested in any feedback as well, as Best Buy is delivering my 55" 8000 & installing it this Saturday and I'd like to know what I should look out for.

On another note, I know the screens on these are a nightmare to clean, so I'm hoping the install guys are careful and don't get fingerprints on the screen while installing
I really don't know why people would call these screens hard to clean. They come with a cleaning cloth. Just get it slightly damp like the instructions say and they clean very easy.
post #24315 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmastaflexx View Post
Since our Samsung TV doesnt support Atmos over ARC. What are you folks using to stream 4k content like Vudu etc?
Looking to get the best device to stream 4k and atmos content. The Xbox one S would be perfect but it only support lossless support for the Blue Ray App not other apps as of yet.
For Vudu I have just dealt with 5.1. Lots of the movies I have on there are from Blu-ray anyway and they only stream at DD+ anyway. If I'm at home I just grab the disc since the audio and video will be better.

FYI the Xbox One S will have bitstream out soon. I have the beta update and can confirm that It can do the HD and ATMOS output to my reciever now for Bluray Discs (Standard and 4k). Don't remember 100% but I think that the Vudu app on Xbox will do HD audio out with the beta. I'll try to remember to check again.

Quote:

Mine should show up today too! Got to throw it in for a little, but I need to finish the first one before I watch this II.

Samsung UN55KS8000FXZA || Onkyo TX-NR747 || Xbox One S || PC w/ 4k 60Hz
post #24316 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
Liked: 1226
Quote:

Mine's out for delivery today.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #24317 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Mine's out for delivery today.

Apparently mine has been delivered. Won't be home for another few hours at least!

Terminader likes this.
post #24318 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Apparently mine has been delivered. Won't be home for another few hours at least!

Where do you live? I'll go double check for you.
post #24319 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 10:36 AM
Xa4

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:

I got it since 13 march from amazon.co.uk. It is color wise and HDR wise probably one of the best UHD blurays i own. The grasslands and jungle episodes are absolutely mind blowing. Please do watch them in a reasonably dark room, so the HDR and wide color gamut come out best! The fine details on feathers, little insects, the colors and contrast between e.g. grass and darker, or lighter backgrounds/horizons are astonishing. Besides that, the documentary is among the best nature docs. I think I've seen them all and shown them to others over 5+ times.
King Richard likes this.
post #24320 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Sturdivant View Post
Looks like Firmware 1168 has finally solved the stuttering/laggy picture on Time Warner Cable. I've gone through all the channels that were always affected, and with AMP on Custom 10/3, I haven't seen a single stutter, dropped or frozen frame, or anything that even hints at it. SO HAPPY!

Now just need Game Mode to have 2 picture profiles, one for SDR and another for HDR, and I'm completely set.
Unfortunately this is par for the course with firmware updates. I would be interested to know now that its been a few days if the stuttering is still gone.
post #24321 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleOne42 View Post
For Vudu I have just dealt with 5.1. Lots of the movies I have on there are from Blu-ray anyway and they only stream at DD+ anyway. If I'm at home I just grab the disc since the audio and video will be better.

FYI the Xbox One S will have bitstream out soon. I have the beta update and can confirm that It can do the HD and ATMOS output to my reciever now for Bluray Discs (Standard and 4k). Don't remember 100% but I think that the Vudu app on Xbox will do HD audio out with the beta. I'll try to remember to check again.

Mine should show up today too! Got to throw it in for a little, but I need to finish the first one before I watch this II.
Nvidia Shield TV is pretty good for getting ATMOS out of Vudu. Since our Samsung's can't do DV though I won't be using Vudu until it supports HDR10.
post #24322 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi all

I was looking into buying KS8000 but I found out that it does not include headphone jack which is a deal breaker for me.

The reason why it's a deal breaker for me is because I am profound deaf.

The headphone I'm using for various entertainment media with headphone jack, is not really a headphone but a cochlear implant which sends sound signals directly to my brain.

My cochlear implant is not Bluetooth, so Bluetooth is completely useless for me.

I can only use Personal Audio Cable designed for cochlear implants, to connect my cochlear implant to TV.

So is there a way to connect my implant to the TV, just like normal headphones?
If not, then I will have to forget about getting any of the Samsung TVs
post #24323 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked: 865
Quote:

Had mine for awhile. Its a reference HDR presentation. Shot in 4K and is stunning.
King Richard likes this.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
post #24324 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzzzee8 View Post
Unfortunately this is par for the course with firmware updates. I would be interested to know now that its been a few days if the stuttering is still gone.
After reading his post I enabled AMP with a same 10/3 setting and it actually looked worse then I remembered, so at best I would say there was no change.

post #24325 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
How many people are using the RTings settings for picture? Or is there a better route to go?
Terminader likes this.
post #24326 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2448 View Post
Hi all

I was looking into buying KS8000 but I found out that it does not include headphone jack which is a deal breaker for me.

The reason why it's a deal breaker for me is because I am profound deaf.

The headphone I'm using for various entertainment media with headphone jack, is not really a headphone but a cochlear implant which sends sound signals directly to my brain.

My cochlear implant is not Bluetooth, so Bluetooth is completely useless for me.

I can only use Personal Audio Cable designed for cochlear implants, to connect my cochlear implant to TV.

So is there a way to connect my implant to the TV, just like normal headphones?
If not, then I will have to forget about getting any of the Samsung TVs
https://www.amazon.com/PROZOR-Digita...tical+to+3.5mm

Pick up one of these little guys. Plug that into the optical out on the one connect box and then plug your headphones into it. They also make one with a volume knob on it in case you need better volume control.
post #24327 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenwall View Post
How many people are using the RTings settings for picture? Or is there a better route to go?
I watched the TV the first day just as it came out of the box, everyone in the family agreed that the satellite TV feed looked over-bright and way over-sharpened. I used the RTings settings and was about 95% happy, did some minor tweaking of brightness and sharpness and have been happy ever since.
Terminader likes this.
post #24328 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibri View Post

Pick up one of these little guys. Plug that into the optical out on the one connect box and then plug your headphones into it. They also make one with a volume knob on it in case you need better volume control.
Awesome, thanks!

One question, will this device mute KS8000 and only emits sound through the device's 3.5mm?

It would be great if so, since I have people who may be sleeping upstairs in the house.
post #24329 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2448 View Post
Awesome, thanks!

One question, will this device mute KS8000 and only emits sound through the device's 3.5mm?

It would be great if so, since I have people who may be sleeping upstairs in the house.
There are options on the TV to set the audio output. You would set the audio out as "receiver" on the TV and it would only play the sound through that little box.
King Richard and Apple2448 like this.
post #24330 of 36461 Old 03-28-2017, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post
Xbox should be set to 8 bits if your using 4k otherwise it will use 4:2:0 color space instead of 4:4:4 RGB. You can't do 4k:60hz 10bit RGB. When playing or viewing hdr material and it will automatically switch to 10 bit 4:2:2 for games and 4:4:4 24hz for 4k blu ray
This just keeps getting more confusing. I've heard people say that the human eye can't really tell a difference with 4:4:4. And won't some 4K Blu-ray be 60fps? You have to be a freaking engineer with insider knowledge of this hardware to understand it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page