Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 834 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179696Likes

post #24991 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 331
High should only be used when viewing HDR, Low for everything else.
The_Donster likes this.

Advertisement

post #24992 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2127 Post(s)
Liked: 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don.Majik.Juan View Post
Does anyone have a good recommendation for trying to get Monster ScreenClean off of my KS8000?

I read some Amazon reviews from other people who had issues with Monster and they said ShaggyMax Optimist Prime worked to remove the streaks for them.

I ordered the Monster cleaner on Amazon back in September based on a recommendation but before I used it I read the Samsung user manual and it said just to clean it with a microfiber cloth and water.

Fast forward to yesterday, we had been moving for 12 hours and I decided to set my TV up before I went to bed. I saw the screen clean packed in my box of cords and decided I'd get some of the finger prints off and give the TV a once over since I hadn't cleaned it in awhile.

Then I realized I made a terrible mistake. Streaks everywhere. Since I came to the realization of what I had done, I've been using water and the micro fiber cloth and it has helped some but there are still a couple of bad spots.

Any ideas?
Odd. I've used the Monster cleaner without any residue.

I doubt that distilled water and a microfiber cloth will remove oils very effectively.

I believe that some brave souls have tried pure IPA (isopropyl alcohol, not India pale ale) with success, but a) you'd need a source for that (preferably cleanroom certified) and b) you'd use it at your own risk, as it's not recommended by Samsung.
post #24993 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 4410 Post(s)
Liked: 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydeweyz View Post
Has anybody here placed an order for a Samsung M9500 yet? Looks like shipping starts next week, but no real reviews out yet.
The word "yet" is hopelessly optimistic . I have an M8500. It has a fan, which makes a noise. This is unforgivable and wasn't mentioned in the reviews I read. There's no excuse for AV equipment in general to have fans - especially not a simple disc player.

The M9500 still has a fan, thus guaranteeing I won't buy it (if I was in the market for one, which I'm not now!)
Terminader likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24994 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post

I doubt that distilled water and a microfiber cloth will remove oils very effectively.

I believe that some brave souls have tried pure IPA (isopropyl alcohol, not India pale ale) with success, but a) you'd need a source for that (preferably cleanroom certified) and b) you'd use it at your own risk, as it's not recommended by Samsung.
After re-reading this thread it sounds like I perhaps used an older Monster cleaner. If you look on Amazon, the one I purchased was titled:

"Monster TV CLNKIT Alcohol-Free ScreenClean Kit - Traditional Packaging"

It sounds like after reading through this thread that people would moreso recommend this Monster 2.0 product for the KS8000, is that correct?

I guess I'd prefer not to go the IPA route. Any chance the Monster 2.0 will get the Monster screen clean I used off? I'm pretty sure I used it properly, I sprayed it onto the microcloth and then applied it to the screen. I tried varying degrees of pressure without feeling like I might damage it.

Thanks
post #24995 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Really happy with my tv, amazing looking colors.
post #24996 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post

After re-reading this thread I think I am using the wrong Monster Screen Clean. The one I ordered off of Amazon is titled

It sounds like the preferred cleaner for people on this forum is Monster 2.0, correct? Any chance the Monster 2.0 might be able to get the streaks left behind from the Monster I used?

Thanks
post #24997 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just got my KS800D 65" from Costco yesterday, got all my components setup, and love it! PQ is unbelievable. Was reading this forum and the Vizio P65 forums to decide and pulled the plug on this one. Couldn't be happier. No major issues I can tell so far - and comes with 9 months of free HBO so that's a nice bonus.

Upgraded from a UN55D8000 55" I've had for 5 years. Still a great unit but wanted to make the jump to 4K and HDR so that's now the bedroom set.

I do need some help though with my soundbar and Xbox One setup.

Right now I have my Comcast, Fire TV, and Apple TV plugged in to the OCB in ports 1-3. I have a Yamaha YHT-S401BL soundbar system plugged in to port 4 with ARC enabled. My TV audio is set to use HDMI and I can hear everything great through the soundbar.

I have the Xbox One plugged in to the Yamaha receiver. When I switch the source to the receiver on the TV and am on the right HDMI port on the receiver with the Xbox One on, nothing comes up. Just a black screen and eventually an error comes up saying "No signal. Receiver HDMI4. (1) This source is already set as a speaker (2) Press source button below to select a connected source".

What am I missing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4557.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	2087729  

Last edited by elroy12; 04-16-2017 at 04:29 PM.
post #24998 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked: 1612
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy12 View Post
Just got my KS800D 65" from Costco yesterday, got all my components setup, and love it! PQ is unbelievable. Was reading this forum and the Vizio P65 forums to decide and pulled the plug on this one. Couldn't be happier. No major issues I can tell so far - and comes with 9 months of free HBO so that's a nice bonus.

Upgraded from a UN55D8000 55" I've had for 5 years. Still a great unit but wanted to make the jump to 4K and HDR so that's now the bedroom set.

I do need some help though with my soundbar and Xbox One setup.

Right now I have my Comcast, Fire TV, and Apple TV plugged in to the OCB in ports 1-3. I have a Yamaha YHT-S401BL soundbar system plugged in to port 4 with ARC enabled. My TV audio is set to use HDMI and I can hear everything great through the soundbar.

I have the Xbox One plugged in to the Yamaha receiver. When I switch the source to the receiver on the TV and am on the right HDMI port on the receiver with the Xbox One on, nothing comes up. Just a black screen and eventually an error comes up saying "No signal. Receiver HDMI4. (1) This source is already set as a speaker (2) Press source button below to select a connected source".

What am I missing?
Try re-adding the soundbar as a Home Theater device using Universal Remote from Settings after power cycling the soundbar. This might get the TV to recognize the soundbar as a receiver.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
King Richard likes this.
post #24999 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Just goes to show you.....backs up what I say all the time.....watching Pens vs Blue Jackets on CNBC here on time warner here in Brooklyn .....all THREE of my tvs,2 ks 8000 and a Sony having judder problems and audio drop outs. The signal from CNBC here in ny is awful tonite. It's not the tv. Rangers game on MSG PLUS is flawless. AMP settings do not help the judder at all on tonite CNBC broadcast. NEVER have any judder problems before tonite hockey game.
Terminader likes this.
post #25000 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Go figure...looks like CNBC cleaned up their feed.......Go Blue Jackets!
post #25001 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by espent View Post
Interesting. The same thing happens to me for the first time 5 minutes ago. I was watching TV using U-verse when the screen suddenly got scrambled. The other inputs worked and apps worked fine (Netflix).

TV returned to normal when I unplugged the HDMI cable and plugged it back in.

Espen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This just happens again for the second time. Watching TV and the pictures suddenly gets scrambled.

I only had the TV for a couple of weeks, but I have never seen this before. Today it has happened twice.

Only way to solve it is to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #25002 of 36313 Old 04-16-2017, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
Try re-adding the soundbar as a Home Theater device using Universal Remote from Settings after power cycling the soundbar. This might get the TV to recognize the soundbar as a receiver.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks. That did it!
Terminader likes this.
post #25003 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
After re-reading this thread I think I am using the wrong Monster Screen Clean. The one I ordered off of Amazon is titled

It sounds like the preferred cleaner for people on this forum is Monster 2.0, correct? Any chance the Monster 2.0 might be able to get the streaks left behind from the Monster I used?

Thanks
I use monster 2.0 it may leave some streaks, especially if your removing finger prints but you just keep wiping with the dry area of the cloth after to remove them. I would recommend trying to remove finger prints first without liquid as they usually will come up just fine with a good cloth and won't smear the grease around
The_Donster and King Richard like this.

Last edited by rckrz6; 04-17-2017 at 06:49 AM.
post #25004 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post
I use monster 2.0 it may leave some streaks, especially if your removing finger prints but you just keep wiping with the dry area of the cloth after to remove them. I would recommend trying to remove finger prints first without liquid as they usually will come up just fine with a good cloth and won't smear the grease around
This. Amazon has some great microfiber cloths super cheap. My kids touch the TV *all the time* because they think it works like an iPad. Touch Netflix, get show. Their smudges buff right out with a good cloth. I've had no problems removing prints or with the motheye's effectiveness. Just be gentle and patient. Scrubbing the TV like a dirty dish or something will be bad whether you're using a cloth or a screen cleaning solution.
Rudy1, Terminader and The_Donster like this.
post #25005 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My KS8000 keeps switching HDMI inputs randomly. Not sure why it's doing this but it's really annoying. I do use a harmony hub. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, I appreciate it.
post #25006 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 09:00 AM

I'm reading it might be an issue with my Nintendo Switch and this TV.
post #25007 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrace View Post
I'm reading it might be an issue with my Nintendo Switch and this TV.
Yes. I've seen a big thread at the Samsung boards about the Switch.

Also, if you have a Roku, they also sometimes cause issues, if you use ARC(I have personally experienced this one). What I did for the Roku issue was run it through a powered HDMI splitter. The splitter seems to act as kind of a filter to remove any strange signals the Roku was sending. I have no idea if this will help with the Switch but something to think about.
post #25008 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Yes. I've seen a big thread at the Samsung boards about the Switch.

Also, if you have a Roku, they also sometimes cause issues, if you use ARC(I have personally experienced this one). What I did for the Roku issue was run it through a powered HDMI splitter. The splitter seems to act as kind of a filter to remove any strange signals the Roku was sending. I have no idea if this will help with the Switch but something to think about.
Thank you for the Reply. Which switch did you get if you don't mind me asking?
post #25009 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrace View Post
Thank you for the Reply. Which switch did you get if you don't mind me asking?
I bought this one about a year or so ago for another purpose but ended up not needing it...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just gave it a shot since some people said running the Roku through a switch culd help my situation. Since I didn't have an hdmi switch laying around, this was the next best thing to try and it seems to be working.

**EDIT**
For reference, I have the Roku plugged into the splitter and then to my Denon X2000 receiver. I don't have the Roku going directly to the Samsung input box. So this may or may not help your situation.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 04-17-2017 at 09:41 AM.
post #25010 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Does anyone have a good recommendation for trying to get Monster ScreenClean off of my KS8000?

I read some Amazon reviews from other people who had issues with Monster and they said ShaggyMax Optimist Prime worked to remove the streaks for them.

I ordered the Monster cleaner on Amazon back in September based on a recommendation but before I used it I read the Samsung user manual and it said just to clean it with a microfiber cloth and water.

Fast forward to yesterday, we had been moving for 12 hours and I decided to set my TV up before I went to bed. I saw the screen clean packed in my box of cords and decided I'd get some of the finger prints off and give the TV a once over since I hadn't cleaned it in awhile.

Then I realized I made a terrible mistake. Streaks everywhere. Since I came to the realization of what I had done, I've been using water and the micro fiber cloth and it has helped some but there are still a couple of bad spots.

Any ideas?
Dont have any ideas, but I'm loving the screen name! LOL!
Don.Majik.Juan likes this.

Sony XBR75940D/ Yamaha RX-A3070/Sony UBP-X800/Roku Ultra/PS4 Pro/PC GTX 1080Ti (SLI)/Oculus Rift/Harmony Ultimate
post #25011 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Is Wifi a problem on the KS8000? Wifi was working great with all the apps since I got the TV two weeks ago, as my router is five feet away from the TV. All of a sudden yesterday, the apps weren't working correctly, despite my internet having 85mbps down and 35 mbps up. I did a soft reset (holding the power button on the remote), which seemed to fix for now (apps work perfectly again), but I'm hoping that I don't have to continuously do soft resets when the wifi decides to stop working.
post #25012 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I thought I read in this thread that the TV up converts whatever signal is out to it. I have my TiVo Roamio connected directly to the OCB. I'm sending the TV 1080i but expected to see it display a 4k. I don't care about how it looks because it's fine but I thought it would display 4k on the screen?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
post #25013 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I've had to return two 55" TVs, mainly due to bad light bleed. But both TVs had NO judder issues at all. (My AMP was set to custom, blur reduction at 3 and judder reduction at 0.)

I recently bought a third TV, which has no light bleed, but often has VERY noticeable judder on both of my sources: Bluray/dvd player and Netflix.

In case it matters, the first two panels were fa01 and aa02; this third panel is an aa02.

Is there ANYTHING anyone can think of that I might have changed to cause this, or is there really THAT DRAMATIC a difference in judder from one TV to the next of the SAME model, using the same source material?

(I currently have judder reduction at 4 which usually helps, but not always.)

Thanks in advance!
post #25014 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaman1000 View Post
I've had to return two 55" TVs, mainly due to bad light bleed. But both TVs had NO judder issues at all. (My AMP was set to custom, blur reduction at 3 and judder reduction at 0.)

I recently bought a third TV, which has no light bleed, but often has VERY noticeable judder on both of my sources: Bluray/dvd player and Netflix.

In case it matters, the first two panels were fa01 and aa02; this third panel is an aa02.

Is there ANYTHING anyone can think of that I might have changed to cause this, or is there really THAT DRAMATIC a difference in judder from one TV to the next of the SAME model, using the same source material?

Thanks in advance!
Try turning that Automotion crap off. I have a JS and a KS and they have stutter if Automotion is enabled regardless of setting.
Terminader likes this.
post #25015 of 36313 Old 04-17-2017, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaman1000 View Post

Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post
Try turning that Automotion crap off. I have a JS and a KS and they have stutter if Automotion is enabled regardless of setting.
Thanks, but with AMP off or blur and judder reduction both set to 0, judder is often terrible on camera pans.
post #25016 of 36313 Old 04-18-2017, 04:45 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I seem to be noticing Judder much more, especially with cable source material. I dont have any when I stream NF or Amazon.
Changing the output resolution from 1080i to 720p doesnt help at all.
Ill keep searching for workarounds.
post #25017 of 36313 Old 04-18-2017, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Are there any plans for a firmware update to the HDR pn the un65ks800d so that its dynamic throughout a movie, like the Dolby Vision is?
post #25018 of 36313 Old 04-18-2017, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I suggest watching the new Full Throttle Remastered intro in 4K. Looks fantastic (and the game is, of course, awesome)!

I Eat Games | Twitter[/B][/CENTER]
post #25019 of 36313 Old 04-18-2017, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 4410 Post(s)
Liked: 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan999 View Post
Are there any plans for a firmware update to the HDR pn the un65ks800d so that its dynamic throughout a movie, like the Dolby Vision is?
I think you're asking if Samsung plans to give us Dynamic HDR10 capability, aka HDR10 Plus.

Yes this is still what they said they'd do. However, we won't be able to get Dynamic HDR10 over a HDMI connection for our TVs, because that will require HDMI 2.1 which is new hardware.

We'll get it for USB and streaming, though.
Rudy1, jeep05 and Terminader like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #25020 of 36313 Old 04-18-2017, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan999 View Post
For all we know we already have it. There isn't any content to test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page