Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 938 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179981Likes

post #28111 of 36733 Old 07-24-2017, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno View Post
I'd say the same thing, 1-2 silence and then back on. So far it happens to everything through the ONE box. This would include a roku box, OTA TV receiver and DVD player which are all hooked up HDMI into the ONE box. When I get time I'm going to try out the onboard apps, Netflix, Hulu etc to see if they have problems as well. Thanks
As I said in my previous post, I only game, stream and watch BD's. I've experienced it in all 3 from time to time. So try my hard reset with the tv on, unplug, push power button on the remote 10-15 times and plug back in 5 minutes later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarydude View Post
so where is this 1200 firmware that people be talking about?!
1 owner equals a person, not people. Most of us are still sitting on 1180.5. I've officially been a owner for over a year now and cannot for the life of me understand why people are always in such a hurry on firmware updates
Terminader and jconjason like this.

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28112 of 36733 Old 07-24-2017, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
As I said in my previous post, I only game, stream and watch BD's. I've experienced it in all 3 from time to time. So try my hard reset with the tv on, unplug, push power button on the remote 10-15 times and plug back in 5 minutes later.

1 owner equals a person, not people. Most of us are still sitting on 1180.5. I've officially been a owner for over a year now and cannot for the life of me understand why people are always in such a hurry on firmware updates
well I am having issues with my setup and any updates would be a welcome one. Hence why I am wanting to a new firmware.
post #28113 of 36733 Old 07-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
well I am having issues with my setup and any updates would be a welcome one. Hence why I am wanting to a new firmware.
What exactly are your issues that you feel a firmware is going to improve upon? Not being facetious, but an honest question.
Terminader likes this.

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28114 of 36733 Old 07-24-2017, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNewGuy View Post
@dolbymandts @checker9 @sharp360 @Rudy1

Thanks for all the input guys, it's good to know that I'm not crazy. It's just so odd that like right now for example, watching FXX (GF watching a mushy movie) the quality is really great.. then on other channels / shows it falls apart. It's comforting (and kinda sucks) that HBOGO also gives that crummy picture. My next test was going to be to try and use that app rather than watch through the live programming. I'll also give the 'Digital Clean View' setting a look, but I'm skeptical that will solve it as it's not on every channel / program for live TV.

@Rudy1 You pointed out the bandwidth issue and I can very much seeing that be the root of the problem. I wonder if watching it via On Demand, on off hours, if it would be improved at all?

I'm curious, how are some of you guys getting around the quality issue of standard cable programming as a whole? As an example, would ABC from HuluLive be any better than ABC from Comcast/Fios/etc?
The quality of the picture has gotten so poor over the last few years that these days I restrict my cable viewing to On-Demand, and the occasional F1 race recording. In fact, I don't follow any of the shows via my cable TV service...I prefer to binge-watch on Netflix and Amazon Prime if it's a show I really like.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #28115 of 36733 Old 07-24-2017, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno View Post
nascar24, I tried/am hooked up to optical and it still happens. If watching a dvd and the sound goes directly to the receiver, no problems. Happens for me when connected through the one box.
I suppose I could get around it by just plugging the Optical into my cable box but then I would be stuck with just using the sound bar for TV program purposes. I honestly don't know how much it happens but it is quite often, I'm using Bluetooth connect at the moment on my Samsung sound bar. My Cable box is the latest Netflix compatible box from Xfinity as I thought that might have been the issue but all for not. I have to say I have never noticed it happening while using the apps on the TV.
post #28116 of 36733 Old 07-24-2017, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicore View Post
I have these with my Dish Hopper3, but they are usually infrequent. Sometimes when watching a recorded show, they can get going every minute or even less, but a fast forward or back and they are gone. I too thought it was the TV (I have ARC to my Denon receiver), but I don't recall having them with my previous Dish receiver. I have set up a direct optical connection from the Hopper to the Denon and I still get the short audio drops, so that would seem to rule out the TV as the culprit.
Has to be something to do with the TV in some way as we all have different setups and still get the dropouts. Before this TV I had no such sound dropouts.
post #28117 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar24 View Post
Has to be something to do with the TV in some way as we all have different setups and still get the dropouts. Before this TV I had no such sound dropouts.
Same problem here but only when watching blurays through PS4. Sound drops lower for a few seconds and then slowly returns to normal.
I dont remember having this problem on older firmwares, currently at 1180.
post #28118 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 05:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
I bought new 49KS8500 TV
TV is perfect as i see, but it don't have PVR function, is it? Do i have a chance to open PVR and timeshift?
I am connecting my HDD to TV and hit the pause (or record) button on remote, but it doesn't work (no function).
post #28119 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 521
post #28120 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

Samsung/Sony almost all module units(panel) use CMI and AUO !!
CMI&AUO the biggest mfg on the world and they have very large selective "quality" such entry/mid/high....
also CR/black perf. etc., ofcourse so different

In Samsung side;they use at least two type(different)panels always since a long years!

All are "Made in China"(not Taiwan/Korea)

The main reason always "prime-cost"!! Sony/Samsung always buy those panels in "partial"
the aim is to reduce "prod.cost" as well!!

All other parts/components/boards/pwb..... "Made in China" and so "cheap" but you never see this happen

You pay very high amount for the "BRAND"! thats the game

++

7.000 CR its not true! common guys dont believe this kind of "marketing-tool" infos this an "TFT-LCD" panel and not PDP panel!
or not OLED(also OLED CR figures are fake too!)

CR about 2500/3500 are OK for the LCD TV!!

Blacks are very good but how good;with dimming effect(or partially local) in every where "inky-black" but in fact the "original scene" not totally black!!
especially look at the night time to the SKY then watch your TV>>TV is totally black but SKY a very clearly "kind blue tonnes"(3/4/5/6 tons at least)
and the org.watch of the sky you will see blue tonnes gradient! not "BLACK"

we always says "blacks are awesome" but the scene is not black actually

Bye++

Tosh 46SV685&Tosh 42WL863

Panasonic BluRay BDT320EG&Toshiba BluRay BDX5400

post #28121 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Ratings.com measured UN55KS8000 with a FA01 panel at almost 7000:1. I have seen all of their reviews and that is the highest I have seen. They also tested the local dimming and stated it did not help the black levels. They are an excellent site and very objective on their testing. I never believed the hype from the manufacturers some years ago when they would quote 1 million to one contrast ratios. I agree that the blacks are not black but varying shades of gray. The only perfect blacks I have seen have come from a few OLED sets I have seen. Not sure why Samsung has not jumped into the OLED game. Here in the US, Samsung still uses their own panels in their lines. I have read they use more outsourced panels in Europe. Sony no longer makes any panels and Vizio never has. With those companies, the only way to find out is to physically look inside of the set. The nice thing with Samsung sets is that they give us that information on the back sticker of the set and the box.

Last edited by theroys88; 07-25-2017 at 09:19 AM.
post #28122 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf7002 View Post
This quirk seems to be the way Samsung TV's work in general. Not just his model but Samsungs in years past. If you play a DD stream and has the audio set to DD, it will play DD and stereo back and forth without issue. Once you play a DTS stream it will only play stereo, and you have to go into the settings and change to DTS. Then it will play DTS and stereo without issue. If you play DD it will only be stereo until you go into the settings and choose DD. Repeat back and forth. This has been discussed ad naseum in this thread and is a much wished for item to have it automatically choose between DD and DTS but it doesn't. Now that I finally have everything going through an AVR I haven't used the TV for anything but a display, so I finally don't have to worry about it. But before I had the new ACR, this was a very annoying quirk.

As for wondering if Samsung will ever fix the Plex app, I think it's safe to say that Samsung will never fix it. It would be up to Plex to fix the Plex app.
Is there a reason this quirk didn't emerge for me until I tried to use the DLNA player? my TV never had problems playing surround sound on all of the TVs apps, all of my xbox's apps, my cable box, etc. until that. I just want it to go back the way things were. Is a factory reset my only option?

Also, I didn't realize it was a plex problem and not a Samsung problem. perhaps if I complained to plex, they would fix it. thanks!
post #28123 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolbymandts View Post
I know there is ups and downs however you connect sources

Connect all sources to the Samsung TV:

Pro: All sources can have their own picture profile and settings
Con: ARC only supports AC3 and DTS (and always gets stuck in the wrong setting)

Connect all sources to the Soundbar (or AVR whatever):

Pro: HD and correct sound due to direct connection to the Soundbar/AVR
Con: Samsung renames the input source without control, so I have a PC connected to the soundbar, all inputs get a "PC" label, very annoying (and they get stuck in the PC picture setting)
Ugh. add to your con list: requires new AVR that supports 4K and HDR.

If I had known the litany of problems I would encounter with this TV, I would have purchased another model. You live and learn, I guess.
post #28124 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1208 Post(s)
Liked: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by talk show host View Post
Not necessarily. The folks at HDFury are introducing a new device (I believe they call it the Key or something similar) that will do for any source essentially what the two-HDMI-output 4K BD players do, and that is to separate the audio and video into separate streams. The audio side is output with HDMI 1.3/1.4 1080p video and HD audio to work with older receivers, while the video output remains at original resolution and HDMI level. The only drawback I can see is that since the device has a single input, you would need one of these for each 4K video/HD audio source that doesn't already have dual outputs. Current estimated price is $199.

Note: they do NOT strip HDCP, but convert from one level to another.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 07-25-2017 at 10:20 AM.
post #28125 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Not necessarily. The folks at HDFury are introducing a new device (I believe they call it the Key or something similar) that will do for any source essentially what the two-HDMI-output 4K BD players do, and that is to separate the audio and video into separate streams. The audio side is output with HDMI 1.3/1.4 1080p video and HD audio to work with older receivers, while the video output remains at original resolution and HDMI level. The only drawback I can see is that since the device has a single input, you would need one of these for each 4K video/HD audio source that doesn't already have dual outputs. Current estimated price is $199.
Well I still see that a con... having to spend hundreds of extra dollars. Especially since I think the only reason someone would really need to use this is if they had more than one 4K HDR devices, so you'd be spending $400. If youre doing that, you might as well buy a new AVR.
sparky7 and Terminader like this.
post #28126 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1208 Post(s)
Liked: 1285
Quote:
Well I still see that a con... having to spend hundreds of extra dollars. Especially since I think the only reason someone would really need to use this is if they had more than one 4K HDR devices, so you'd be spending $400. If youre doing that, you might as well buy a new AVR.
My post was merely to point out that there is another option. For those like my family, who have only a single external 4K source and an older receiver that still works, does everything we need it to, and sounds great, it is an alternate solution. Our source is a dual-output 4K UHD BD player, however, so we're covered anyway. BTW, purchasing a new HT receiver with ATMOS/Auro 3D, decent reserve power for filling a large room, and a good room correction solution is likely to cost somewhat more than $400.
Terminader likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #28127 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
My post was merely to point out that there is another option. For those like my family, who have only a single external 4K source and an older receiver that still works, does everything we need it to, and sounds great, it is an alternate solution. Our source is a dual-output 4K UHD BD player, however, so we're covered anyway. BTW, purchasing a new HT receiver with ATMOS/Auro 3D, decent reserve power for filling a large room, and a good room correction solution is likely to cost somewhat more than $400.
Gotcha. Thanks
post #28128 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
If you have a DLNA server in your network it would show up in the Sources...

I would think WIFI (even 802.11AC) would be too slow for a 4K Stream....unless it's super compressed
Have you had any issues playing 4K HDR content in the DNLA app where it will just quit after about 20 minutes? I can't seem to watch for more than 20 minutes at a time before the app crashes. Then, I have to start over. And the fast forward option is really slow and often crashes as well. Could this be a network issue? i'm getting over 200mbps via speedtest using wireless AC; however the LAN connection to my PC is only 100MBPS. i'm wondering if that could be a limiting factor. Or could it be my pc. I'm running an i5 9650 with 8GM ram.

Thanks!
post #28129 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Quoted: 5192 Post(s)
Liked: 7514
Quote:

If I had known the litany of problems I would encounter with this TV, I would have purchased another model. You live and learn, I guess.
And, "requiring a new AVR" if your current one doesn't pass 4K/HDR, is the exact same problem you'd have with every other TV, and nothing whatsoever to do with this TV, or a "con" specific to this TV.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #28130 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
And, "requiring a new AVR" if your current one doesn't pass 4K/HDR, is the exact same problem you'd have with every other TV, and nothing whatsoever to do with this TV, or a "con" specific to this TV.
No, because with most other TVs in this price range, you can have all your sources go directly to the TV and output 5.1 audio to your AVR (without having to manually change the audio every time you watch something. That is a problem with this TV. It shouldn't "default" to outputting stereo when the source is 5.1. If it didn't have this problem, upgrading the AVR so your sources could go to the AVR (instead of directly to the TV) wouldn't be a consideration.
rintintim.tk likes this.
post #28131 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Have you had any issues playing 4K HDR content in the DNLA app where it will just quit after about 20 minutes? I can't seem to watch for more than 20 minutes at a time before the app crashes. Then, I have to start over. And the fast forward option is really slow and often crashes as well. Could this be a network issue? i'm getting over 200mbps via speedtest using wireless AC; however the LAN connection to my PC is only 100MBPS. i'm wondering if that could be a limiting factor. Or could it be my pc. I'm running an i5 9650 with 8GM ram.

Thanks!
in stable wifi ? if the TV gets booted off / looses connection, the player might just crash , if you have a router with a DHCP log, check if the TV requested a DHCP assignment when it "crashed" the DLNA player

Also the fast forward and rewind functions seem to be very dependent on the DLNA server used (I use twonky on an old QNAP NAS with Kirkwood ARM processor, seems to work fine for me)
post #28132 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Quoted: 5192 Post(s)
Liked: 7514
Quote:
No, because with most other TVs in this price range, you can have all your sources go directly to the TV and output 5.1 audio to your AVR (without having to manually change the audio every time you watch something. That is a problem with this TV. It shouldn't "default" to outputting stereo when the source is 5.1. If it didn't have this problem, upgrading the AVR so your sources could go to the AVR (instead of directly to the TV) wouldn't be a consideration.
Ok but that's now a different problem to not having a AVR which can "pass-through" HDMI 2.0a / HDR. FWIW I agree that the requirement to manually specify the audio output format is poor, but if it's been the same on many Samsung for years that still fits under the heading of doing your research before you buy instead of afterwards.
I don't agree that with all other TVs you can use them as a "hub". That's no realistic unless you don't have a blu-ray player, or don't have anything that can do 7.1, or any of the HD audio formats introduced more than 10 years ago. ARC is limited to lossy 1990's DVD 5.1 only. There's no way I would ever want to route my Blu-Ray player and other HD audio sources through the TV in the first place, because I wouldn't want to willingly downgrade the audio down to lossy 5.1. Again it's not something that Samsung can control, everyone is waiting for eARC with HDMI2.1 to remove this issue.
The_Donster and King Richard like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 07-25-2017 at 12:59 PM.
post #28133 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Ok but that's now a different problem to not having a AVR which can "pass-through" HDMI 2.0a / HDR. FWIW I agree that the requirement to manually specify the audio output format is poor, but if it's been the same on many Samsung for years that still fits under the heading of doing your research before you buy instead of afterwards.
I don't agree that with all other TVs you can use them as a "hub". That's no realistic unless you don't have a blu-ray player, or don't have anything that can do 7.1, or any of the HD audio formats introduced more than 10 years ago. ARC is limited to lossy 1990's DVD 5.1 only. There's no way I would ever want to route my Blu-Ray player and other HD audio sources through the TV in the first place, because I wouldn't want to willingly downgrade the audio down to lossy 5.1. Again it's not something that Samsung can control, everyone is waiting for eARC with HDMI2.1 to remove this issue.
I was responding to the pro/con list that listed the pros and cons of going through the tv and through the AVR, so that's where I was coming from. As to doing my research, I read tons of reviews, scoured this thread, asked lots of questions here before purchasing my TV 8-9 months ago. Not once did I read anywhere that I'd have to manually change the Audio format constantly. Samsung certainly didn't advertise this fact either. They listed all the formats it supported through audio out, but they did not say what a labor intensive process it would be.

My wife is a very smart person, but has commented on how she wouldn't be able to operate the TV without me because I have to configure so many settings every single time we want to watch something, or switch from cable to bluray to plex, etc. When I'm not home, she wont even watch the TV because its easier to watch our older 55" set hooked up to a Sonos in another room because everything with that set "just works." The PQ on that tv is horrible by comparison, but to her its not worth the hassle.

For the price of this TV, it shouldn't have these type of problems so long after it has been released. I wouldn't care so much if this was a low-end bargain TV from TCL or vizio or something. You get what you pay for. I accept the fact that that TV is not going to have the amazing picture quality of an OLED or other high end features because its a mid-high range set. But some of this TV's quirks are just... unnecessary. There is simply no reason for some of this TV's quirks to not be resolved by now, other than Samsung's blatant lack of interest in providing a good customer experience.
post #28134 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
My wife is a very smart person, but has commented on how she wouldn't be able to operate the TV without me because I have to configure so many settings every single time we want to watch something, or switch from cable to bluray to plex, etc. When I'm not home, she wont even watch the TV because its easier to watch our older 55" set hooked up to a Sonos in another room because everything with that set "just works." The PQ on that tv is horrible by comparison, but to her its not worth the hassle.
I have my devices connected via a mix, some to the OneConnect Box, some to the soundbar.

All orchestrated via a HarmonyElite Remote , my girlfriend can use either the remote or her phone app to switch between and control sources. It was a bit tricky to set up but works OK. And she does not care if the soundbar spits out Stereo/Lossy Surround/ Lossless Surround... so that is no problem.. it only bugs me
Terminader and The_Donster like this.
post #28135 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello, has anyone experienced the problem I'm experiencing now? I suddenly have no picture and sound from any source, just a static image of vertical blue bars (see attachment)

Thanks for your attention.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ue49ks8000.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	2258993  
post #28136 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceruttigino View Post
Hello, has anyone experienced the problem I'm experiencing now? I suddenly have no picture and sound from any source, just a static image of vertical blue bars (see attachment)

Thanks for your attention.
Just sounds like your TV has blown up, Your within the warranty period so there shouldn't be an issue getting Samsung to fix it.
King Richard likes this.
post #28137 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 5
So where exactly is the guide? I see the first post references an attached guide, but i dont see anything anywhere. I just recently purchased this TV and want to set it up with my PC. I cant get resolution higher than 3840x2160. Also I dont know how to get the HDR to work with the computer.
post #28138 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrevelyan View Post
So where exactly is the guide? I see the first post references an attached guide, but i dont see anything anywhere. I just recently purchased this TV and want to set it up with my PC. I cant get resolution higher than 3840x2160. Also I dont know how to get the HDR to work with the computer.
That is the correct resolution for this TV, and HDR with windows 10 is broken at the moment. Waiting I guess for Microsoft to fix it in Windows 10. Been broken for quite a while so don't hold your breath for it coming soon.You need to be set to 4:4:4 and you can turn HDR on in windows 10 with the HDR switch under Display settings. It will wash your desktop out though.
King Richard likes this.

Last edited by nascar24; 07-25-2017 at 05:38 PM.
post #28139 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolbymandts View Post
I know there is ups and downs however you connect sources

Connect all sources to the Samsung TV:

Pro: All sources can have their own picture profile and settings
Con: ARC only supports AC3 and DTS (and always gets stuck in the wrong setting)

Connect all sources to the Soundbar (or AVR whatever):

Pro: HD and correct sound due to direct connection to the Soundbar/AVR
Con: Samsung renames the input source without control, so I have a PC connected to the soundbar, all inputs get a "PC" label, very annoying (and they get stuck in the PC picture setting)
Isn't PC mode that best mode for PC gaming? Forget the lag, but in terms of accurate and full color spectrum?
I ran that chroma test website on my TV and only PC mode showed the text properly, game mode looked a bit blurry. Because of this, I left it on PC mode. (unfortunately them Native for Color Space is unchangeable) Site: http://www.geeks3d.com/20141203/how....our-4k-uhd-tv/

As for PC HDR gaming, doesn't seem to work at all, with NVIDIA blaming MS's HDR implementation. I haven't seen any solutions on this, outside reverting to old drivers, but I rather keep my drivers up to date.
post #28140 of 36733 Old 07-25-2017, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefr View Post
Maybe the PC sees the TV having only two channel and does not bitstream DD 5.1? If your sound bar has UHD video pass through, connect to it first then to OCB. If not, then I would suggest to get an external sound card with SPDIF output like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/VAlinks-Exter...ical+audio+5.1
I finally got this to work with my PC games now. I already had a separate optical selector for my gaming consoles. So I connected an optical cable from my old Creative Titanium soundcard to this selector. I don't remember the link I read a solution on, but I had to play with the playback settings in order for it to work. Now it just shows "D.D" whenever I boot up my PC, I could select "DTS" as well, but I like DD better. If I play a youtube video on my PC, it will output to my PC speakers and the soundbar. So I only turn on the soundbar when I want to game, then I mute my PC speakers, seems to work without issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page