Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 941 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179942Likes

post #28201 of 36645 Old 07-29-2017, 10:55 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28202 of 36645 Old 07-30-2017, 04:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 136
KS8000 Color Separation - Weird Response from Samsung

I am not sure if you guys saw this post from Samsung on their official forum, and if so I do apologize if I'm re-posting, but I came across this post where the Samsung rep actually reported that this is normal behavior when in game mode.

Here is the direct quote:
"If it is only happening in game mode, Samsung considers that normal. Game has a tendency to "shake" the screen a bit which causes this temporary shift or separation of colors. If it is also happening in Netflix or other sources, then there may be something else at fault."

You can see the thread/post here:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...p/58344#U58344

Kind of ridiculous! What are your thoughts? Apparently, it even lists the issue in the manual, although the term "shake" seems somewhat vague.

Last edited by TheGameScouts; 07-30-2017 at 04:51 AM.
post #28203 of 36645 Old 07-30-2017, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Quoted: 5061 Post(s)
Liked: 7383
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGameScouts View Post
You can see the thread/post here:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...p/58344#U58344

Kind of ridiculous! What are your thoughts? Apparently, it even lists the issue in the manual, although the term "shake" seems somewhat vague.
I agree with "usermix1w0bDBu" on that thread. Sounds like a bug in Game mode. "Shake" isn't in any way a technical term.

That Samsung reply is only from their web forum "moderator". Not a Samsung engineer or press official.

Oh look, someone's just replied to that thread
Terminader and The_Donster like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 07-30-2017 at 05:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28204 of 36645 Old 07-30-2017, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
You are now a Samsung beta tester, cool & scary.

- Jason
They call them soak tests.

Or Release Candidates.

But yes, Samsung must randomly pull a set of serial numbers and send out a build to verify and if it passes metrics, post it on the web and do a staged roll out.

It's the proper way to release software... without release notes :P
Terminader and mrtickleuk like this.
post #28205 of 36645 Old 07-30-2017, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Having a weird issue with this TV. I'm connecting a PS4, Switch and Cable box through OneConnect. Something happened where I took the Cable Box HDMI out and switched it now it keeps asking me if I want to set up a new device for the PS4 input. Which makes no sense because I didn't even move that. And I rename the sources and they keep renaming themselves and it's a constant cycle. I don't get it.
post #28206 of 36645 Old 07-30-2017, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked: 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyramen View Post
Having a weird issue with this TV. I'm connecting a PS4, Switch and Cable box through OneConnect. Something happened where I took the Cable Box HDMI out and switched it now it keeps asking me if I want to set up a new device for the PS4 input. Which makes no sense because I didn't even move that. And I rename the sources and they keep renaming themselves and it's a constant cycle. I don't get it.
Try Source....Universal Remote to setup again.

Sent from my Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk

Last edited by Terminader; 07-30-2017 at 05:51 PM.
post #28207 of 36645 Old 07-30-2017, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 97
So I've been trying out a few custom calibrated settings posted on the site for HDR+ viewing mode because the coloring just looks so dull and faded to me after switching from regular movie mode. I've been told for HDR+ Native Color is reccommended. However, after trying post #59 in https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...bration-2.html the coloring looks like my usual when watching non HDR content and just more.. real and not so washed out. Although, I have yet to find any that state it is for HDR+ viewing mode.. just listing as for HDR using movie mode.. which doesn't quite make sense to me since the special viewing mode in HDR is what makes use of the HDR content? Anyways, so is HDR content just supposed to look washed out and faded compared to regular movie mode content and should stick with native coloring or are these custom calibrations in fact meant to be used in HDR+ special viewing mode?
post #28208 of 36645 Old 07-30-2017, 09:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked: 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganElisabeth View Post
So I've been trying out a few custom calibrated settings posted on the site for HDR+ viewing mode because the coloring just looks so dull and faded to me after switching from regular movie mode. I've been told for HDR+ Native Color is reccommended. However, after trying post #59 in https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...bration-2.html the coloring looks like my usual when watching non HDR content and just more.. real and not so washed out. Although, I have yet to find any that state it is for HDR+ viewing mode.. just listing as for HDR using movie mode.. which doesn't quite make sense to me since the special viewing mode in HDR is what makes use of the HDR content? Anyways, so is HDR content just supposed to look washed out and faded compared to regular movie mode content and should stick with native coloring or are these custom calibrations in fact meant to be used in HDR+ special viewing mode?
Suggest you read the attached and search for posts in this forum on HDR and HDR+ as they are not as related as the names imply.

Recommend that you adjust settings in Movie or Standard mode for non HDR viewing to your liking. When HDR content is played, you may not need further adjustments.

I was initially an HDR+ fan until I adjusted my settings in Movie and Standard and gave it a few weeks to get used to that look. If you watch HDR+ or Sports or Dynamic mode for too long, you'll get used to the unrealistic, oversaturated look and anything else will look dull or washed out.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf AVS Forum Official Samsung KS8000 KS8500 Owners' Information 03-19-17.pdf (909.0 KB, 38 views)
King Richard and mrtickleuk like this.
post #28209 of 36645 Old 07-30-2017, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
Suggest you read the attached and search for posts in this forum on HDR and HDR+ as they are not as related as the names imply.

Recommend that you adjust settings in Movie or Standard mode for non HDR viewing to your liking. When HDR content is played, you may not need further adjustments.

I was initially an HDR+ fan until I adjusted my settings in Movie and Standard and gave it a few weeks to get used to that look. If you watch HDR+ or Sports or Dynamic mode for too long, you'll get used to the unrealistic, oversaturated look and anything else will look dull or washed out.

Thank you for attaching that as I have read through it before but had a lot of information pertaining to this I had forgotten about. Almost every single time I'm needing to utilize HDR+ mode vs. HDR mode which is where I got confused. I completely forgot there was just a regular HDR mode as well which is where the movie setting would come in. So looks as if for HDR+ should still stick with native. Was just trying to find tweaked settings specifically for HDR+ that would make the native just a tad not so saturated and dull. Non HDR movie mode is great for me currently!

Yep, that was me before learning a lot about the unrealistic and fake cool/dynamic viewing experience I was used to and after adjusting for a few weeks could now never go back. I love that HDR+ brightens the movies that utilize it quite a bit but just wish it wasn't quite so different from movie mode that I've gotten so used to. So for HDR content you use movie mode with uhd color turned on versus HDR+? When I've tried that on some content I have to turn on HDR+ or the coloring is extremely off and faded along with being very dim... then goes to normal once turning on HDR+ no matter using native or other. Is this typical for some content depending on what they use? Does the tv save different settings of movie mode depending upon playing HDR content vs. regular or does it only hold one saved settings for both? Last thing I'm a little uncertain of is.. deciding when to use HDR+ vs. HDR?

I greatly appreciate you taking the time as I can see there are literally hundreds of pages discussing HDR/HDR+ upon searching this thread....

Last edited by MeganElisabeth; 07-30-2017 at 10:17 PM.
post #28210 of 36645 Old 07-31-2017, 12:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 664
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazog View Post
They call them soak tests.

Or Release Candidates.

But yes, Samsung must randomly pull a set of serial numbers and send out a build to verify and if it passes metrics, post it on the web and do a staged roll out.

It's the proper way to release software... without release notes :P

Regarding certain tech it is an understood controlled method, I agree, but with a display (such as this) where they most certainly have all sample variables covered in house it's certainly not 'proper' for the end-user to be a beta tester even though there are several companies that practice such behavior (Samsung is certainly not alone on this).

Now if they offered an opt-in/opt-out for their testing then I would take no issue with it but as it stands even if auto update is turned off they can force updates (with the only sure fire solution being to keep the display disconnected from the net). As consumers we need to stop giving these companies more and more control to do as they wish with the products we buy, remember the built in camera/mic a while back (which is not to imply the firmware beta testing is on that level, it's not, but the liberties that some of these companies take is questionable at the very least).

The real reason I came to the thread tonight is because I experienced an oddity today...

While watching a movie from my pc my KS8000 and Denon AVR shut off and came right back on, it was not a surge as nothing else was impacted (the pc was still playing the movie when the display came back on).

The Samsung SUHD logo popped up on screen when it came back as if a reset had been performed (it was not) and tonight when I powered everything on I no longer had to switch out of the PC display mode, it went right to movie/game just as I had left it during my previous use. This was unusual since it has been going straight to the PC umbrella every time before this incident. I am still on firmware 1180, this was the first thing I checked, and all of my stored settings are still present. I hope it stays functioning this way since that is exactly how I would like it to behave (stay where I set it).

Has anyone experienced something similar?

- Jason
pilotart likes this.

HT = Epson HC3800 - BenQ HT3550 - Sony HW45ES @133" / Marantz SR6013 7.3.4 Atmos / B&K 5000 II amp / Boston VR2/VR12/CR67 speakers / Rythmik 12" x2 / CV 15" / Panasonic UB820
Media Room = Sony 65x930e / Denon x3300 /Klipsch speakers /Velodyne subs /Sony x700 /PS4 Pro + PSVR/WiiU/PS3/360/Wii/ 2080 TI - 9900K PC / Multi-Arcade / Virtual Pinball TRE45ON
post #28211 of 36645 Old 07-31-2017, 01:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Is there a remote code/button to toggle on/off game mode in the ks-series? I am trying to setup my Harmony remote so I could change picture modes with my remote but I can only find button for the Sports-mode. Anyone managed to get this working without macros?
post #28212 of 36645 Old 07-31-2017, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Regarding certain tech it is an understood controlled method, I agree, but with a display (such as this) where they most certainly have all sample variables covered in house it's certainly not 'proper' for the end-user to be a beta tester even though there are several companies that practice such behavior (Samsung is certainly not alone on this).

Now if they offered an opt-in/opt-out for their testing then I would take no issue with it but as it stands even if auto update is turned off they can force updates (with the only sure fire solution being to keep the display disconnected from the net). As consumers we need to stop giving these companies more and more control to do as they wish with the products we buy, remember the built in camera/mic a while back (which is not to imply the firmware beta testing is on that level, it's not, but the liberties that some of these companies take is questionable at the very least).

The real reason I came to the thread tonight is because I experienced an oddity today...

While watching a movie from my pc my KS8000 and Denon AVR shut off and came right back on, it was not a surge as nothing else was impacted (the pc was still playing the movie when the display came back on).

The Samsung SUHD logo popped up on screen when it came back as if a reset had been performed (it was not) and tonight when I powered everything on I no longer had to switch out of the PC display mode, it went right to movie/game just as I had left it during my previous use. This was unusual since it has been going straight to the PC umbrella every time before this incident. I am still on firmware 1180, this was the first thing I checked, and all of my stored settings are still present. I hope it stays functioning this way since that is exactly how I would like it to behave (stay where I set it).

Has anyone experienced something similar?

- Jason
Every company who is worth ANY salt follows this now:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Releas..._release_often

Doesn't matter if it's your phone, car, tv or house.

We live in an age where everything is connected. If not a fan, better become a hermit ;p

Terminader and pilotart like this.
post #28213 of 36645 Old 07-31-2017, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There is indeed a 1201 update in the wild.

FarmerBob likes this.
post #28214 of 36645 Old 07-31-2017, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by timosilakka View Post
Is there a remote code/button to toggle on/off game mode in the ks-series? I am trying to setup my Harmony remote so I could change picture modes with my remote but I can only find button for the Sports-mode. Anyone managed to get this working without macros?
I would like to have this option as well. So far searches on AVS and Google did not turn up anything other than Logitech saying Samsung has to make the code available for them to implement.
post #28215 of 36645 Old 07-31-2017, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I'm so unbelievably happy I was able to pick this display up last Black Friday, it is the best TV I've ever owned and it seems even with the 2017 models the KS8000 is still better.

I just wish they would let game mode HDR save settings separately

Has anyone had issue with connecting to a PC? I'm hooked up via HDMI to my pc, and I renamed the input to PC. It seems that this locks me out of certain color options (that is fine), but 50% of the time while hooked up to my PC it switches to game mode and then allows me to change all the color settings which would normally be greyed out.... Not sure what is going on, but I thought that was a bit strange.
Terminader and King Richard like this.

Last edited by tw1st; 07-31-2017 at 01:17 PM.
post #28216 of 36645 Old 07-31-2017, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maajid View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPXqglbcoc

Well it's certainly not on their website yet................. which is kinda dumb
post #28217 of 36645 Old 07-31-2017, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1st View Post
I'm so unbelievably happy I was able to pick this display up last Black Friday, it is the best TV I've ever owned and it seems even with the 2017 models the KS8000 is still better.

Has anyone had issue with connecting to a PC? I'm hooked up via HDMI to my pc, and I renamed the input to PC. It seems that this locks me out of certain color options (that is fine), but 50% of the time while hooked up to my PC it switches to game mode and then allows me to change all the color settings which would normally be greyed out.... Not sure what is going on, but I thought that was a bit strange.
if you choose PC it will lock out the 10pts calibration and CMS calibration, and a bunch of other settings, because it is actually much, much better to use a LUT table on the PC to get accurate white points and color.
post #28218 of 36645 Old 07-31-2017, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazog View Post
Every company who is worth ANY salt follows this now:

Doesn't matter if it's your phone, car, tv or house.

We live in an age where everything is connected. If not a fan, better become a hermit ;p

You just helped substantiate my point... that's part of the problem, it's become accepted.

- Jason

HT = Epson HC3800 - BenQ HT3550 - Sony HW45ES @133" / Marantz SR6013 7.3.4 Atmos / B&K 5000 II amp / Boston VR2/VR12/CR67 speakers / Rythmik 12" x2 / CV 15" / Panasonic UB820
Media Room = Sony 65x930e / Denon x3300 /Klipsch speakers /Velodyne subs /Sony x700 /PS4 Pro + PSVR/WiiU/PS3/360/Wii/ 2080 TI - 9900K PC / Multi-Arcade / Virtual Pinball TRE45ON
post #28219 of 36645 Old 07-31-2017, 10:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Finally received my 850D and 800D from Costco.com today. CEVA delivered the 2 bashed in punctured boxes that look a mess. Geez. These shipping companies are a joke. The 850D box was crushed pretty bad on 1 end, so I opened it first and we're trying it out. The crushed foam apparently took the hit pretty well. It has an FA01 panel VS the 800D's AA02. The panel does seem to have more reflectiond issues VS the 800D we were trying that has an AA02 panel. Not sure if it's the panel, or the curve that's causing this? Maybe a bit of both. The 800D we were trying has the back panel coming loose issue, but I have the second 800D in the box which we may try. Just not sure about the curved screen.

JVC X750R Projector,Yamaha CX-A5200 Pre-Pro, Yamaha RX-Z11 Receiver, (Amps Only) Yamaha MX-D1 Power Amps x 2, Yamaha RX-Z1 (L&R Surround Channel Amp), Oppo BDP-103D BR, Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD, Pioneer Elite CLD-99 LD, Definitive Tech BP7000SC Mains, CLR3000 Center, BPVX Surround Sides&Backs, BPX F&R Presence, Martin Logan Abyss Front L&R Subs/Dynamo L&R Rear Surround Channel Subs, Infinity SSW-210 Center Channel Sub.
post #28220 of 36645 Old 08-01-2017, 02:09 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganElisabeth View Post
Spoiler!
@MeganElisabeth

Part of your confusion stems from a misunderstanding of the "HDR+" special viewing mode.

The bottom line is this: The main purpose of the "HDR+" viewing mode is to give SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) content a pseudo-HDR look. It it not really meant to be used with true HDR content (despite what Samsung claims in some of its advertising). Therefore, the consensus among the members of this thread is to NOT use it with true HDR content.

Now when it comes to SDR content, some people like to use it and like what it does to the picture. This is the ONLY instance that the "Native" Color Space is recommended - otherwise just leave it on "Auto" all the time. Now that said, most in this thread never use the "HDR+" setting for any content, be it HDR or SDR.

That said, "Movie" mode is usually recommended for all content (HDR and SDR).

Here are my recommended TV settings for viewing (true) HDR content.

>TV Settings for HDR<

Now as to your TV "calibration" (and the LINK you posted), let me simply say this:

I do not recommend simply "copying" someone else’s settings as every TV (even the same model), every pair of eyes, and every viewing environment will be different. You can always use someone else's shared settings as a starting point if you want, however, understand that those settings won't look exactly the same on your TV and, in some cases, might actually make your picture look worse.

(For "real world" examples of this, see >this post< by professional calibrator "Chad B" and this article: Sharing Calibration Settings)

This is especially true for the "White Balance" settings. The reality is, unless you are using a color measuring meter and software, there is really no way for you to objectively know if those "copied" values are actually improving the accuracy of the overall picture, or if they are in fact making it look worse. Again, a meter must be used as our eyes are a horrible tool for measuring luminance and colors.

Therefore, unless you are professionally calibrating your TV, you should leave these adjustments alone. (If it were that simple to get a properly calibrated display, you would not need to pay a professional calibrator hundreds of dollars to come to your home and spend several hours calibrating your display using expensive calibration instruments and software.)

Now of course this doesn't apply to "basic" settings such as "Contrast", "Brightness", "Color Space", etc.

Hope this helps,

Richard
post #28221 of 36645 Old 08-01-2017, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
If you are duplicating and your PC monitor is 1080p then the KS8000/8500 is only receiving a 1080p signal (when multiple displays are connected the pc will default to the lowest native resolution of any of the connected displays and send that to all connected displays).

Then if you try to send the signal to the KS8000/8500 alone the pc is trying to send the displays native resolution and you may not have a [email protected] capable HDMI cable (black screen).

Of course it could be a totally different issue but that's where I would start looking.

- Jason
Yup seems to have been the cable, even though it stated to support [email protected] Maybe it was damaged, who knows, it showed the source but occasionally would go black on/off and show again the source.

I got a new one, a little bit more expensive and no issues.
King Richard and Lonewolf7002 like this.

65" KS8000
Onkyo HT-S5800
Beyerdynamics DT 990 Pro
PS4 Pro
Xbox One S
post #28222 of 36645 Old 08-01-2017, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 41
This 1201 update seems pretty mysterious, I don't understand how only one guy seems to have it...
post #28223 of 36645 Old 08-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 315
just picked up an HW-K850 Soundbar to go with this. Does arc work well between this bar and the Ks8000?
Larry Rosenberg likes this.
post #28224 of 36645 Old 08-01-2017, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1st View Post

Outside of my Panasonic GT50 plasma and Sony NX720 i have never been this pleased with a tv. My KS8500 will be my gaming display until it dies (hopefully in the four years my square trade covers,lol).

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
DaGamePimp and King Richard like this.
post #28225 of 36645 Old 08-01-2017, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
Finally received my 850D and 800D from Costco.com today. CEVA delivered the 2 bashed in punctured boxes that look a mess. Geez. These shipping companies are a joke. The 850D box was crushed pretty bad on 1 end, so I opened it first and we're trying it out. The crushed foam apparently took the hit pretty well. It has an FA01 panel VS the 800D's AA02. The panel does seem to have more reflectiond issues VS the 800D we were trying that has an AA02 panel. Not sure if it's the panel, or the curve that's causing this? Maybe a bit of both. The 800D we were trying has the back panel coming loose issue, but I have the second 800D in the box which we may try. Just not sure about the curved screen.
If you opt to keep the KS800D the loose panel fix is painless. In most cases its not the adhesive strip used to attach,but a clip the panel locks onto being installed backwards.

I had the issue with my KS8500 and it took them longer to drive from the prior service call than it did to fix my set.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
King Richard likes this.
post #28226 of 36645 Old 08-01-2017, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante`afk View Post
Yup seems to have been the cable, even though it stated to support [email protected] Maybe it was damaged, who knows, it showed the source but occasionally would go black on/off and show again the source.

I got a new one, a little bit more expensive and no issues.
Glad you got it sorted!

It's worth remembering that "[email protected]" isn't enough information to describe the picture mode, that's only 2 of the four parameters you need, and I'm sure that cable manufacturers state just those two on purpose and deliberately obfuscate the issue. Up until a few years ago, everything was 8-bit, everything was 4:4:4, and so the bit-depth and chroma-sub-sampling figures - although unstated - were always the same and didn't matter.

But now there are six HDMI2.0a modes, which are all [email protected], but they are very different!
[email protected], 8-bit, 4:2:0 = 8.9Gbps
[email protected], 10-bit, 4:2:0 = 11.1Gbps
[email protected], 12-bit, 4:2:0 = 13.4Gbps
[email protected], 12-bit, 4:2:2 = 17.8Gbps
[email protected], 8-bit, 4:4:4 = 17.8Gbps
[email protected], 8-bit, RGB = 17.8Gbps

So if a cable say "yeah, [email protected] is fine and guaranteed, tested, 100% or your money back!" - it could just mean the first 8.9Gbps mode, which has been in use since HDMI 1.4 (possibly before) and doesn't even need a "high speed" cable.

It's absolutely vital that cable manufacturer are clear and up-front about this, and devices make it clear which mode they are using.

Sadly our TVs are equally guilty here, and I really don't like this. They don't say on the Info bar the Chroma information, nor the bit-rate.

(Similar fault on my Denon AVR, and yes I do call it a fault because it's a "HDMI Info" screen which is supposed to tell the user all this stuff!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Source-info3.png
Views:	19473
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	2262062  
FarmerBob and King Richard like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 08-01-2017 at 01:10 PM.
post #28227 of 36645 Old 08-01-2017, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maajid View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPXqglbcoc
This dude mentions doing a hard reboot after receiving the update. Is that necessary? Do experts do that after every update they receive?
post #28228 of 36645 Old 08-01-2017, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I got a refurb KS8000. There is White bleed at the bottom left. Will it get worse as time marches on?

I did the recommended setup and it looked OK but occasionally the picture will look too dark. When I try to make a minor adjustment it goes super bright. I end up going back and forth between tooo dark to tooo bright.
At this point I will most likely send it back.

I will send it back tomorrow if I can't solve these problems.

Does the white bleed get worse as time marches on?
Any solution for the tooo dark, tooo bright?
post #28229 of 36645 Old 08-01-2017, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkloza View Post
This dude mentions doing a hard reboot after receiving the update. Is that necessary? Do experts do that after every update they receive?
Can't speak for experts but it's not mentioned in the instructions, so presumably not essential. The TV does a reboot [as part of / to install] the upgrade. There's no harm if you want to do a full power cycle too, but if you do that I would be sure to wait until after you have the TV's pop-up message telling you that it's done the upgrade to be safe. For me this is often several minutes after the TV has finished booting and you're happily watching something
Terminader likes this.

post #28230 of 36645 Old 08-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiredgoon View Post
just picked up an HW-K850 Soundbar to go with this. Does arc work well between this bar and the Ks8000?
I have had almost no problems with the HW-K550 and wireless rear surrounds and ARC on My UN55KS8500. I say "almost" because once in awhile the soundbar doesn't not turn on/off with the set.

-----
2016 Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49KS8000
2016 Samsung K8500 UHD BD Player x 2
2016 Samsung HW-K550/SWA-8000S 5.1
2016 Pioneer SC-LX701- AudioSource AMP100VS Atmos/DTS:X 7.1.4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page