Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 95 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 180084Likes

post #2821 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Sounds like we're in the same boat tab10. Mine is going into a extra room with one window and will be light controlled. Might pick up some black out curtains once I get a a/c in the window to keep the room cool. Anyway, it is definitely hard choosing between the KS8000 or P65 in this years models. The P65 is your bang for you buck and I've heard looks fantastic when watching or playing games in the dark. But like the 8000, aren't infallible. So as a couple of owners told me, you've got to pick you poison and what is going to work for you. For me, I'd love to see the P65 outside of Best Buy.

Hey wxman123, nice to see you followed through. What settings did you use and what did you watch? I'm bouncing between the 65 Samsung and Vizio. So I'm wondering how they stack up. I know when sales happen they usually are only about $200 dollars apart. And while I'm sure that could be money spent elsewhere I want to make sure I get a television that looks good in the man cave. My biggest concerns right now is if I'll be able to use my Onkyo HT-S5300 with either tv. Seems both have ARC issues with some receivers.

Hi, just getting started with the Samsung so mainly stock settings (movie mode and "standard"). First thing I did is run Biosphere 4K on both sets at the same time. Although the settings were different on both sets the Samsung was the better picture. I'm obviously unbiased. As a test I ran Biosphere again on both sets on torch mode (vivid / dynamic) in this mode the picture was closest on both sets in terms of brightness and tone, but Samsung was still superior. The Vizio is still great, in fact I did not think it could be improved upon...but the Samsung edges it out sitting side by side. Another thing if it matters to you, the Samsung is a beautiful set to look at, virtually no bezel. I hate to say it but the Vizio looks rather clunky sitting next to it.
King Richard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsiddiqui1 View Post
Any good deals out there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I got Best Buy to sell it to me at the K8000 price point which was 2199. Not a steal by any means but I can live with it.
The_Donster likes this.
post #2823 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1971 Post(s)
Liked: 3276
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbfreek View Post
HDR (without the +) should turn on when you view HDR content in Movie mode; you can tell because the backlight changes to max. HDR+ should only be on if you select that special mode, although it can be used on any source. I would turn off HDR+ for HDR content though, as I believe HDR+ is meant for converting non-HDR media into HDR color space.
This is correct. I've been experimenting with HDR+ for the last few days on my UN65KS9000, and I found that it works best for 1080p sources such as Blu-Ray titles and high-quality, non-HDR streams from Netflix, Amazon, and Vudu. Personally, I think the best results are with Blu-Rays; last night I played the 2007 film "Sunshine", and was stunned at the increased shadow detail and contrast throughout the entire movie. The opening sequence where the Icarus II flies past was the best...I could see so much of the structure of the underside of the sun shield and the other sections of the space ship that I couldn't believe it was the same film I have seen so many times before.
cydeweyz, blenky and King Richard like this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2824 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 06:07 PM

2 Questions: I have the 55" model. First, is there anyway to secure the legs? They seem to just slide in, no screws? Second, I saw mention of the legs having two sets of holes for more narrow positioning. Is this only for the 65" model? I only see one set of holes. Thanks.
post #2825 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman123 View Post
2 Questions: I have the 55" model. First, is there anyway to secure the legs? They seem to just slide in, no screws? Second, I saw mention of the legs having two sets of holes for more narrow positioning. Is this only for the 65" model? I only see one set of holes. Thanks.
Two sets 65 only. the legs fit in pretty tight, no screws needed.

UNK65KS8500 (curved model)
HW-K950 Samsung Atmos soundbar-with rears
HW-J8500 Samsung Soundbar (sold 10-24-16)
Sanus universal soundbar speaker mount SA405B1
Samsung 4K Ultra HD Bluray player UBDK8500
Harmony 650 remote ($43 amazon)
post #2826 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
Hi, just getting started with the Samsung so mainly stock settings (movie mode and "standard"). First thing I did is run Biosphere 4K on both sets at the same time. Although the settings were different on both sets the Samsung was the better picture. I'm obviously unbiased. As a test I ran Biosphere again on both sets on torch mode (vivid / dynamic) in this mode the picture was closest on both sets in terms of brightness and tone, but Samsung was still superior. The Vizio is still great, in fact I did not think it could be improved upon...but the Samsung edges it out sitting side by side. Another thing if it matters to you, the Samsung is a beautiful set to look at, virtually no bezel. I hate to say it but the Vizio looks rather clunky sitting next to it.
Can you post a side-by-side picture so we can see the size difference?
The_Donster likes this.
post #2827 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydeweyz View Post
Can you post a side-by-side picture so we can see the size difference?
The footprint is the same, but the Samsung has almost no bezel while the Vizio has a pretty standard bezel. The whole look of the Samsung is classier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1597.JPG
Views:	395
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	1533945  
frisbfreek likes this.
post #2828 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
The footprint is the same, but the Samsung has almost no bezel while the Vizio has a pretty standard bezel. The whole look of the Samsung is classier.
Thanks. I just wanted to see the beauty next to the beast
post #2829 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbfreek View Post
HDR (without the +) should turn on when you view HDR content in Movie mode; you can tell because the backlight changes to max. HDR+ should only be on if you select that special mode, although it can be used on any source. I would turn off HDR+ for HDR content though, as I believe HDR+ is meant for converting non-HDR media into HDR color space.
This is correct. I've been experimenting with HDR+ for the last few days on my UN65KS9000, and I found that it works best for 1080p sources such as Blu-Ray titles and high-quality, non-HDR streams from Netflix, Amazon, and Vudu. Personally, I think the best results are with Blu-Rays; last night I played the 2007 film "Sunshine", and was stunned at the increased shadow detail and contrast throughout the entire movie. The opening sequence where the Icarus II flies past was the best...I could see so much of the structure of the underside of the sun shield and the other sections of the space ship that I couldn't believe it was the same film I have seen so many times before.
Extra detail in shadows is likely a placebo effect or things aren't set right on your normal viewing mode. HDR+ can't bring detail out that isn't there to begin with. What it can do is allow you to display brighter brights while not losing the detail in the darker areas. I'm watching the Batman vs Superman Bluray at the moment and it does look great with HDR+ Even though I have to shade my eyes during some of the brighter scenes.
post #2830 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 07:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Does anyone know if you can turn down the sharpness in the service menu? It seems even having sharpness at 0 the set is still introducing some artificial sharpness. It's getting annoying seeing grain on my blurays. I wish Samsung would dial it back in a firmware update. My JS8500 didn't have this issue.
post #2831 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Thanks, that is precisely correct (sitting to the lower left of center). I must say the set is awesome. It was an unexpected purchase for a recent set failure. I also just bought the Vizio P55. Have them sitting side by side during set up. As good as the picture is on the P55, the Samsung is superior. Slightly sharper image on the best content is the biggest difference as well as overall clarity.
FYI...vizio P55 uses IPS panel, that means poor contrast ratio and black will look dark grey. But it'll have a better viewing angle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sony XBR55HX929 / LG OLED55C6P / Sony XBR-65X930E
Denon x4000 / PS3 Slim / BDP-S6200 / OPPO UDP-203
Roku 3 / Roku Ultra / WD TV Live /Chromecast / Fire TV stick
Speakers - SVS Ultra Bookshelf / DT PM1000 / PC2000 / Sony HTNT5
Sub - Power Sound Audio S1500
post #2832 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krips View Post
FYI...vizio P55 uses IPS panel, that means poor contrast ratio and black will look dark grey. But it'll have a better viewing angle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
That's utter cliche. I own two plasma's so I know black levels. The P55 has full array local dimming which really reduces the downside of an IPS panel. The contrast is great. It may not match a VA with FALD, but it definitely is not "poor" by any means. Black does not look dark grey except in situations where you also would have issues on an edge lit, black bars, pitch black room. You know the drill.
post #2833 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1971 Post(s)
Liked: 3276
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzzzee8 View Post
Extra detail in shadows is likely a placebo effect or things aren't set right on your normal viewing mode. HDR+ can't bring detail out that isn't there to begin with. What it can do is allow you to display brighter brights while not losing the detail in the darker areas. I'm watching the Batman vs Superman Bluray at the moment and it does look great with HDR+ Even though I have to shade my eyes during some of the brighter scenes.
Perhaps you misinterpreted my words...the increased shadow detail I referred to was always there---it was just not readily visible on a non-HDR set, and thus I was seeing these things for the first time. I assumed that anyone posting on this Forum would understand what I meant, and for that I apologize. I've been playing with these types of toys since way before I became a member of the AVSF (I've written professional reviews) and I can assure you that I am not susceptible to the so-called "placebo effect".

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #2834 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzzzee8 View Post
Perhaps you misinterpreted my words...the increased shadow detail I referred to was always there---it was just not readily visible on a non-HDR set, and thus I was seeing these things for the first time. I assumed that anyone posting on this Forum would understand what I meant, and for that I apologize. I've been playing with these types of toys since way before I became a member of the AVSF (I've written professional reviews) and I can assure you that I am not susceptible to the so-called "placebo effect".
I guess it's a misunderstanding then. I read "increased shadow detail" and thought you might be perceiving things incorrectly. Able to sustain shadow details while boosting contrast is another story.
post #2835 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
That's utter cliche. I own two plasma's so I know black levels. The P55 has full array local dimming which really reduces the downside of an IPS panel. The contrast is great. It may not match a VA with FALD, but it definitely is not "poor" by any means. Black does not look dark grey except in situations where you also would have issues on an edge lit, black bars, pitch black room. You know the drill.
Edge lit has nothing to do with IPS panel. Anyway, whatever makes you happy. I just said what I have noticed myself and still notice with the small screen smartphones where the iPhone 6 black bars doesn't look inky black whereas the Nexus 6P black bars looks way better. In the pitch dark room, even the edge lit KS8000/KS8500 looks inky black when watching from dead center. But the P55 with IPS panel won't match that even though it's FALD. You can test it yourself.

Sony XBR55HX929 / LG OLED55C6P / Sony XBR-65X930E
Denon x4000 / PS3 Slim / BDP-S6200 / OPPO UDP-203
Roku 3 / Roku Ultra / WD TV Live /Chromecast / Fire TV stick
Speakers - SVS Ultra Bookshelf / DT PM1000 / PC2000 / Sony HTNT5
Sub - Power Sound Audio S1500
post #2836 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Haven't seen a list of available HDR content yet for Netflix and Amazon Video on the thread, so I will post this. This was compiled on my 65KS8500 using the built-in apps and verifying that the titles below have the [HDR] logo.

Netflix (requires UHD package)
  • Marco Polo
  • The Do-Over
  • The Ridiculous Six

Amazon Video (free with Prime)
  • Bosch Season 1 & 2 [Ultra HD]
  • Mozart in the Jungle Season 1 & 2 [Ultra HD]
  • Red Oaks Season 1 [Ultra HD]
  • Mad Dogs Season 1 [Ultra HD]
  • Transparent Season 1 & 2 [Ultra HD]
  • The Man in the High Castle - Season 1 [Ultra HD]
  • CHI-RAQ [Ultra HD]
  • Van Gogh: Brush with Genius [Ultra HD]
  • The Living Sea [Ultra HD]
  • Dolphins [Ultra HD]
  • Coral Reed Adventure [Ultra HD]
  • One Mississippi [Ultra HD]

Amazon Video (app purchase for $25.99-$29.99)
  • Elysium [Ultra HD]
  • Fury [Ultra HD]
  • Men in Black 3 [Ultra HD]
  • Pineapple Express [Ultra HD]
  • After Earth [Ultra HD]
  • Hancock [Ultra HD]

Last edited by Mozez; 07-07-2016 at 09:19 PM.
post #2837 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is it only me or after the 1114 update HDR movies look less brighter compared to 4K movies (both at 20 backlight)?
post #2838 of 36893 Old 07-07-2016, 09:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkersky View Post
Is it only me or after the 1114 update HDR movies look less brighter compared to 4K movies (both at 20 backlight)?
That's the whole point. HDR has the ability to run the backlight at max levels while maintaining detail in the dark areas. This will make the image look overall darker than if you just max out backlight for normal content. The brightest areas of the screen should look the same for both HDR and normal viewing with backlight at 20.

I haven't seen any difference since the 1114 update other than HDR+ improvement.

Last edited by layzzzee8; 07-07-2016 at 10:04 PM.
post #2839 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 02:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
Quoted: 6937 Post(s)
Liked: 6654
Anybody know how we get into the service menu on the KS8000?

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #2840 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 03:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 916
Quote:
Totally agree - good quality 1080P source and above.

I watched The Martian on blu-ray and the Mars scenes in HDR+ are stunning.
post #2841 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 04:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
Haven't seen a list of available HDR content yet for Netflix and Amazon Video on the thread, so I will post this. This was compiled on my 65KS8500 using the built-in apps and verifying that the titles below have the [HDR] logo.

Netflix (requires UHD package)
  • Marco Polo
  • The Do-Over
  • The Ridiculous Six

Amazon Video (free with Prime)
  • Bosch Season 1 & 2 [Ultra HD]
  • Mozart in the Jungle Season 1 & 2 [Ultra HD]
  • Red Oaks Season 1 [Ultra HD]
  • Mad Dogs Season 1 [Ultra HD]
  • Transparent Season 1 & 2 [Ultra HD]
  • The Man in the High Castle - Season 1 [Ultra HD]
  • CHI-RAQ [Ultra HD]
  • Van Gogh: Brush with Genius [Ultra HD]
  • The Living Sea [Ultra HD]
  • Dolphins [Ultra HD]
  • Coral Reed Adventure [Ultra HD]
  • One Mississippi [Ultra HD]

Amazon Video (app purchase for $25.99-$29.99)
  • Elysium [Ultra HD]
  • Fury [Ultra HD]
  • Men in Black 3 [Ultra HD]
  • Pineapple Express [Ultra HD]
  • After Earth [Ultra HD]
  • Hancock [Ultra HD]
Are you in the US? I agree with Netflixs HDR output but for me here in the UK Amazon differs somewhat. For starters Amazon doesn't tell me (unlike Netflix) if the video is HDR just that it is UHD. Below is free with Prime, not checked purchase as listings don't say HDR.

The Girlfriend Experience (Ultra HD)
The Man in the High Castle (Season 1) (Ultra HD)
The Interestings (Ultra HD)
The Last Tycoon (Ultra HD)
Bosch (Season 1 and 2) (Ultra HD)
Mad Dogs (Season 1) (Ultra HD)
Mozart in the Jungle (Seasons 1 and 2) (Ultra HD)
Red Oaks (Season 1) (Ultra HD)
Transparent (Season 1 and 2) (Ultra HD)

Last edited by blenky; 07-08-2016 at 04:31 AM.
post #2842 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 04:26 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I just installed my KS9000 yesterday and I've run into some issues regarding the connection to my soundbar through HDMI-ARC.

The soundbar is a Philips HTL6145 and the ARC connection works great, but the soundbar goes into standby automatically after 15 minutes if no sound is played. A function that can't be turned off, unfortunately. The problem with this is that when the soundbar turns off and sound starts playing again, then it's played from the TV instead of waking up the soundbar.
Extremely annoying, and what makes it even worse is that I can't really start the soundbar again with my TV-remote without going into the advanced sound settings and re-activating the HDMI-ARC sound output.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? It's already driving me crazy, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #2843 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krips View Post
Edge lit has nothing to do with IPS panel. Anyway, whatever makes you happy. I just said what I have noticed myself and still notice with the small screen smartphones where the iPhone 6 black bars doesn't look inky black whereas the Nexus 6P black bars looks way better. In the pitch dark room, even the edge lit KS8000/KS8500 looks inky black when watching from dead center. But the P55 with IPS panel won't match that even though it's FALD. You can test it yourself.

The lighting has everything to do with contrast. The KS is a VA screen with great (one of the best) native contrasts, but the edge lighting causes blooming and other artifacts that cause say black bars to glow in certain situations, thus lessening perceived contrast. One of the best LCD TV's ever built, rivaling plasma, was the Panasonic AX900, an IPS screen. you can read about it here http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-revi...5ax900-review/ The AX had full array local dimming, as does the P55. Neither your Iphone nor any display besides a few high end home theaters have this tech (and now the P55). So, don't assume that ALL IPS is bad. BTW, back to the phone, virtually everyone agrees that IPS is the way to go. You noticed one negative but ignore the positives. It's not only about black bars being black. I swear one day someone will offer a set that won't turn on, no bloom, banding or discoloration!
JollyGood likes this.
post #2844 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 05:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Almost done with my setup. Still I have this snake issue. I hate snakes!

I was going to get some shorter cables from amazon basics and snake what I could through the sanus stand hollow upright
but I already started trying that last week after I installed the sound bar and even after wire tying the overage in little circles it was still a mess. . . so I took them apart again and figured there must be a better way.

The samsung black connect box is a bit of an issue with this stand as it entails yet another 5 cables sticking out of it.

What about some type of a black plastic box to hide everything?

And a search on amazon for "cable management boxes" came up with this solution:https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Managem...management+box

This is how sleek the tv, soundbar and stand looks like from the front and the next pic is my snake issue. the box arrives sat. Or I might even order a 2nd box. At 16.5 inches I know this one is going to be tight because the surge protector strip is 15.5 inches with 7 plugs sticking into it. I might need a 2nd box just for this strip.

** anyone know of a bigger black cable box available somewhere? **
The sanus stand upright will store some cable excess inside the upright and I can wire tie in circles some of the excess in the box.

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Managem...management+box

the 2nd pic is what I'm currently dealing with from the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6296.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	1534633   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6453.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1534641  

UNK65KS8500 (curved model)
HW-K950 Samsung Atmos soundbar-with rears
HW-J8500 Samsung Soundbar (sold 10-24-16)
Sanus universal soundbar speaker mount SA405B1
Samsung 4K Ultra HD Bluray player UBDK8500
Harmony 650 remote ($43 amazon)

Last edited by Expidia; 07-08-2016 at 06:34 AM.
post #2845 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread

After one night of viewing I must say its an excellent television. Very impressed with the colors (especially blues). I've been using HDR+. I'm not sure I will even calibrate it as of now. Picture is that good out of the box.

I do have some clouding on pitch black screens but that doesn't bother me. 99% of viewing it's not noticeable.

jeremie likes this.
post #2846 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 1658
SmartHub performing much better after 1114?

I used to have a lot of SmartHub app freezes since I first purchased the TV (firmware 1111) and before 1114. I can't say for sure that the firmware update made the difference since Samsung doesn't provide firmware release notes with any helpful details. I do have SmartHub Autorun and Lastapp both OFF.

Either way, I am finding startup responsive to access SmartHub when I need and all apps (YouTube, Pluto TV, Amazon, HBONow, Web Browser) are responding well for a smooth experience.

Anyone still having SmartHub or app issues on 1114?
post #2847 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
I used to have a lot of SmartHub app freezes since I first purchased the TV (firmware 1111) and before 1114. I can't say for sure that the firmware update made the difference since Samsung doesn't provide firmware release notes with any helpful details. I do have SmartHub Autorun and Lastapp both OFF.

Either way, I am finding startup responsive to access SmartHub when I need and all apps (YouTube, Pluto TV, Amazon, HBONow, Web Browser) are responding well for a smooth experience.

My SmartHub was actually super slow the first time I used it after the 1114 update. I thought to myself "Oh no what did the update do!" as I didn't have problems before, but it returned to responsive after about 30 seconds and has been fine since. I suspect the TV was doing a bunch of behind the scenes processing on first start-up.
post #2848 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazmur View Post
I just installed my KS9000 yesterday and I've run into some issues regarding the connection to my soundbar through HDMI-ARC.

The soundbar is a Philips HTL6145 and the ARC connection works great, but the soundbar goes into standby automatically after 15 minutes if no sound is played. A function that can't be turned off, unfortunately. The problem with this is that when the soundbar turns off and sound starts playing again, then it's played from the TV instead of waking up the soundbar.
Extremely annoying, and what makes it even worse is that I can't really start the soundbar again with my TV-remote without going into the advanced sound settings and re-activating the HDMI-ARC sound output.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? It's already driving me crazy, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Forego ARC and run an optical cable.
post #2849 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post

My Smarthub takes forever to load. And when it does its very sluggish for a few seconds. I am on 1114. I tried changing DNS settings as another had mentioned but as I suspected it had no effect. For those of you that have it come up quick, does it also load thumbnails for popular cable shows that are currently playing? I have a feeling since I have the remote set to work with my cable box it is trying to load the thumbnails causing the delay. I may try removing the cable box from the remote pairing and see if that helps since I don't use the remote to control the TV anyway.
post #2850 of 36893 Old 07-08-2016, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Quoted: 12860 Post(s)
Liked: 12221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty1020 View Post
After one night of viewing I must say its an excellent television. Very impressed with the colors (especially blues). I've been using HDR+. I'm not sure I will even calibrate it as of now. Picture is that good out of the box.

I do have some clouding on pitch black screens but that doesn't bother me. 99% of viewing it's not noticeable.

I was watching the tiger game also last night on my new ks9800. I agree about HDR+, it made the game look alot better. Though the feed was aweful from Toronto, it made it much more tolerable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page