Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 99 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179955Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2941 of 36667 Old 07-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Member
 
jokaly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbfreek View Post
2) I have connected my external hard drive (containing videos) to the SmartConnect hub via USB, and I am able to watch those videos. I suppose compatibility will depend on specific video types and codecs used, but the typical ones play fine (avi, mp4, and mkv files, x264 and x265 codecs).

1) I downloaded some HDR demo videos and put them on my hard drive to play on the TV, and the TV is able to automatically switch to HDR mode. That being said, I have no idea how to make HDR videos from an HDR blu-ray.

3) Setting Smart LED to High will only alleviate light bleed in areas of the screen that are not displaying anything bright, but in general will not fix light bleed. If you have a TV with bad light bleed, you should exchange it. My 55" KS8000 has very minimal light bleed though.
Thank you! Good to know about the USB drive btw, not sure but i could swear I read differently. Most my files are mp4 and mkv so thats awesome news. 1 final question and thats about the stand. I have a Vizio soundbar which is 3 inches tall. How far up does the bottom of the picture sit when on the stand? (Dont care much about the Samsung logo, i'm more worried about where the picture starts.
jokaly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2942 of 36667 Old 07-10-2016, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
checker9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,345
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1652 Post(s)
Liked: 378
When using the stand legs of the KS8000 65 inch, how much width do you need in your TV stand for the stands legs to fit?
checker9 is offline  
post #2943 of 36667 Old 07-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Newbie
 
dwilson5x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson5x1 View Post
I accessed the Amazon app from the screen to try some of the free UHD material. "Crouching Tiger" looked great, and I was asked if I wanted the subtitles, and I clicked "ok". However, now I can't get rid of the subtitles on all video on the site. I've clicked all over the app and can't find any access to turn them off. Does anybody have any thoughts/solutions? Thanks.
Solved the problem. I went back to the film's start page hoping (like Netflix) I had over-looked some kind of "caption" option. Nothing there, but fooling around with starting the film over (I'm not really sure how I stumbled on it) gave me a yellow option box.
dwilson5x1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2944 of 36667 Old 07-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
If I plug my optical cable for my soundbar into the Connect All Plug, will the audio quality be any different than if I plugged the optical cable directly into the TV's (thus not using the Connect All Plug)?

Additionally, if I decide to use HDMI Arc for my soundbar should I plug directly into the TV and avoid the Connect All Plug? I think I was having some issues transmitting audio/video while using it.
Jschme is offline  
post #2945 of 36667 Old 07-10-2016, 06:56 PM
Member
 
smooth tha boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey0204 View Post
I just purchased a Samsung 65" KS8000 and a Sony HTNT5 soundbar.

I am unsure whether to plug all of my devices into the NT5, and then use the arc cable to send everything to the TV, OR plug everything into the TV then use arc to send sound down to the soundbar. I have a PS4, cable box, and plan to get an HD blu ray eventually, possibly hooking up a PC as well. The NT5 supports HDCP 2.2 and has 3 HDMI ins.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you
I'd run it through the soundbar. Once you get the blu-ray player native 4k or not the soundbar will give you dts hd sound.
smooth tha boss is offline  
post #2946 of 36667 Old 07-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
The_Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PACNW
Posts: 934
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post
When using the stand legs of the KS8000 65 inch, how much width do you need in your TV stand for the stands legs to fit?
I'm not sure if this will help, but I measured the stand that Costco had the television on and it was 15" x 58". Decided to wait on some of the other questions I had regarding the television itself and mounting it until my house gets a little quieter. Definitely jazzed about my new television. Fingers crossed all systems are go once it gets here
frisbfreek likes this.

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300

Last edited by The_Donster; 07-10-2016 at 08:00 PM.
The_Donster is offline  
post #2947 of 36667 Old 07-10-2016, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
6SpeedTA95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tulsa area
Posts: 2,553
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Has anyone purchased a Samsung extended warranty? I declined to get Best Buy's on my purchase because it was $450 which is ridiculous. I think my credit card gives me an extra year or two I'd have to check but I would be willing to get something from Samsung directly if it's reasonably priced and offers good coverage and service.
6SpeedTA95 is offline  
post #2948 of 36667 Old 07-10-2016, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,948
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12765 Post(s)
Liked: 12092
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95 View Post
Has anyone purchased a Samsung extended warranty? I declined to get Best Buy's on my purchase because it was $450 which is ridiculous. I think my credit card gives me an extra year or two I'd have to check but I would be willing to get something from Samsung directly if it's reasonably priced and offers good coverage and service.


Samsung is way overpriced. Best buy offers the best warranty you can get because repairs are unlimited with full replacement. Cosco warranty is cheaper but has a cap and won't pay out more than the cost of the tv. You might get 1 repair out of the cosco warranty.
ray0414 is offline  
post #2949 of 36667 Old 07-10-2016, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,948
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12765 Post(s)
Liked: 12092
I didn't see this posted, but CNET had their KS8000 review a couple weeks ago.

Couple points that stick out:


-Black uniformity was a mess on the review model. Bright edges, blooming, clouding, washed out blacks, widescreen bars unable to stay black.


-One of the best daytime tvs he's ever reviewed, very bright and very affective anti glare coating on the tv.


Now here's where it gets a little interesting. Cnet said they were told by Samsung that uhd color does not need to be turned on when hooked up to the samsung 4k blu ray player. The tv will automatically know what to do and enables uhd color even though it's still in the off position. David tested this and found it to be true. The 4k hdr picture was the same whether the setting was on/off. He tested it on his other tvs including the sony 930d, oled, and js9500 and all of those required their uhd color setting to be turned on.


Check out the full review.


http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-unks8000-series/
ray0414 is offline  
post #2950 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 12:24 AM
Newbie
 
Johnny Raz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok guys, I just spent the last 4 days slowly reading through this ENTIRE thread post by post and I have come to a few conclusions.

People will return this TV if a fly lands on the screen. People will return this TV if it lags while opening an app. Basically any reason (almost seems obsessive)

People will return this TV if it has ever so light light bleed on edge (Its an LCD tv for crying out loud, get OLED or stop acting surprised)



People seem to think that the serial numbers make a difference when from what I can tell it doesn't. This model is known to have light light bleed on the top due to the technology its using for the lighting, nobody has a perfect set. I myself was panning to return the TV due to slight llight bleed on top and a few spots on the corners during dark scenes. Fact of the matter is its unavoidable. This thread took a long time to read but on the bright side I have finally decided to keep my set because as far as I can tell the top light bleed is unavoidable due to the technology as well as the other minor defects.

Thank you all for putting my mind at rest. By the way this thread isn't meant to insult anyone, I myself am just as crazy and the decision to return the TV or not has been haunting me for days, I have all of you to thank for not returning it. If fyou have a TV and it has no REAL problems, I say keep it.
tmdorsey, Expidia, jeep05 and 4 others like this.
Johnny Raz is offline  
post #2951 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 12:26 AM
Newbie
 
Johnny Raz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post
When using the stand legs of the KS8000 65 inch, how much width do you need in your TV stand for the stands legs to fit?
Your stand needs to be at least 40 inches.
Johnny Raz is offline  
post #2952 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 12:30 AM
Newbie
 
Johnny Raz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
One more thing: People complaining about light bleeding and blooming and all that, it could very easily be the SOURCE. Ill have terrible flash lighting or blooming, light bleed etc when im watching one thing (especially upscaled stuff) but if I watch something 4k and whatnot it is mostly nice deep blacks and no bleed, etc. SO before you take a picture with terrible bleeding or blooming make sure its not some ****ty resolution and whatnot. Makes a big difference.
Johnny Raz is offline  
post #2953 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 12:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
PeninsulaMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeninsulaMark View Post
My neighbor across the street purchased a new KS8000 from a video store. I watched him open the box. The set is heavier than expected. The diagram of how to insert those two stands could be better. There is no screw, no latch. One leg went in fine and stayed. The other one went in too easy and kept falling out. There was no friction inside. Every time we picked up the set, this one stand would fall out.

What to do ? Wrap tape around the metal blade before inserting ? Tape the stand to the chassis ? Return the set before 30 days? Call the TV repairman?


So no one here has this leg loose issue with the KS8000 ?
PeninsulaMark is offline  
post #2954 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 12:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
cydeweyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 697
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Vudu app updated but still broken. I guess I'll continue using CinemaNow as a workaround until it gets fixed.
cydeweyz is online now  
post #2955 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 01:29 AM
Newbie
 
Johnny Raz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeninsulaMark View Post
So no one here has this leg loose issue with the KS8000 ?
From what I have seen no. Have you tried the alternate holes?
Johnny Raz is offline  
post #2956 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 01:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
PeninsulaMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Raz View Post
From what I have seen no. Have you tried the alternate holes?

Not sure what you mean by "alternate holes". The blade which gets inserted has holes, but they disappear when the blade is inserted.
PeninsulaMark is offline  
post #2957 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 03:21 AM
Newbie
 
Johnny Raz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeninsulaMark View Post
Not sure what you mean by "alternate holes". The blade which gets inserted has holes, but they disappear when the blade is inserted.
I'm talking about the actual holes on the TV that you insert the blades into. There are 4 holes in total, 2 inner and 2 outer. If one hole appears loose try the alternate insertion holes that he isn't using and see if it's a problem with the stands themselves or the actual tv holes
The_Donster likes this.
Johnny Raz is offline  
post #2958 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 04:34 AM
Senior Member
 
wxman123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
I didn't see this posted, but CNET had their KS8000 review a couple weeks ago.

Couple points that stick out:


-Black uniformity was a mess on the review model. Bright edges, blooming, clouding, washed out blacks, widescreen bars unable to stay black.


-One of the best daytime tvs he's ever reviewed, very bright and very affective anti glare coating on the tv.


Now here's where it gets a little interesting. Cnet said they were told by Samsung that uhd color does not need to be turned on when hooked up to the samsung 4k blu ray player. The tv will automatically know what to do and enables uhd color even though it's still in the off position. David tested this and found it to be true. The 4k hdr picture was the same whether the setting was on/off. He tested it on his other tvs including the sony 930d, oled, and js9500 and all of those required their uhd color setting to be turned on.


Check out the full review.


http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-unks8000-series/

I think there must still be something of a panel lottery. This was a Q&A from the Rtings Review:

Does the KS8000's blacks look black in a pitch black room or do they have a slight grey look?

The KS8000 has very good blacks, only OLED TVs perform better. They look black even in the darkest rooms.

http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000


And other reviews of the Sony 930 which this CNET review says is great go out of their way to pan how it handles blacks. Interesting.
wxman123 is offline  
post #2959 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 04:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 6
My 65KS8005 (EU model) is very uniform. No visible bleeding or clouding seen
mbm1000 is offline  
post #2960 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
Expidia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Raz View Post
Ok guys, I just spent the last 4 days slowly reading through this ENTIRE thread post by post and I have come to a few conclusions.

People will return this TV if a fly lands on the screen. People will return this TV if it lags while opening an app. Basically any reason (almost seems obsessive)

People will return this TV if it has ever so light light bleed on edge (Its an LCD tv for crying out loud, get OLED or stop acting surprised)



People seem to think that the serial numbers make a difference when from what I can tell it doesn't. This model is known to have light light bleed on the top due to the technology its using for the lighting, nobody has a perfect set. I myself was panning to return the TV due to slight llight bleed on top and a few spots on the corners during dark scenes. Fact of the matter is its unavoidable. This thread took a long time to read but on the bright side I have finally decided to keep my set because as far as I can tell the top light bleed is unavoidable due to the technology as well as the other minor defects.

Thank you all for putting my mind at rest. By the way this thread isn't meant to insult anyone, I myself am just as crazy and the decision to return the TV or not has been haunting me for days, I have all of you to thank for not returning it. If fyou have a TV and it has no REAL problems, I say keep it.
Why would any of us think you're obsessive after you read through "all" 2559 posts!
I've heard there was this one guy who bought this model, opened the box, plugged it in and lived happily ever after.

People normally on these types of forums are a bit over the top anyway as to pickiness.

UNK65KS8500 (curved model)
HW-K950 Samsung Atmos soundbar-with rears
HW-J8500 Samsung Soundbar (sold 10-24-16)
Sanus universal soundbar speaker mount SA405B1
Samsung 4K Ultra HD Bluray player UBDK8500
Harmony 650 remote ($43 amazon)

Last edited by Expidia; 07-11-2016 at 05:32 AM.
Expidia is offline  
post #2961 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 05:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
Expidia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeninsulaMark View Post
So no one here has this leg loose issue with the KS8000 ?
Whats the difference? Unless he plans on hanging the TV from the ceiling on two wires and leavings legs on . . . the weight of the tv will keep the legs in the holes on a table.

UNK65KS8500 (curved model)
HW-K950 Samsung Atmos soundbar-with rears
HW-J8500 Samsung Soundbar (sold 10-24-16)
Sanus universal soundbar speaker mount SA405B1
Samsung 4K Ultra HD Bluray player UBDK8500
Harmony 650 remote ($43 amazon)
Expidia is offline  
post #2962 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
6SpeedTA95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tulsa area
Posts: 2,553
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Samsung is way overpriced. Best buy offers the best warranty you can get because repairs are unlimited with full replacement. Cosco warranty is cheaper but has a cap and won't pay out more than the cost of the tv. You might get 1 repair out of the cosco warranty.
Paying 23% of the TV cost on a warranty seems excessive to me. That's what best buy wanted to charge.
6SpeedTA95 is offline  
post #2963 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 06:42 AM
Senior Member
 
jvcjbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Anyone else notice this TV throttles your internet connection? I have my TV hardwired but when I check fast.com via the browser on the TV the highest it gets is 61mbps. When I connect a PC to that same cable, I get 170mbps. Any clue why? I tried messing around with DNS settings but that didn't make a difference. I checked speedtest.net via the browser and it gets a high of 21mbps.

Samsung UN65KS8000F
Pioneer BDP-51FD
Yamaha Aventage RX-A2050
Xfinity X1
Playstation 4 Pro
jvcjbl is offline  
post #2964 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 06:54 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
How do I force quit an app?
I'm using the Smart IPTV-app to watch TV and it's freezing quite often and needs to be restarted, but I can't quite figure out how to quit the app.
Holding the return key on the remote down for about 5 seconds brings up an "Exit?" prompt, but keeping the button pressed doesn't seem to quit the app, so how do I confirm the "Exit?"?
kazmur is offline  
post #2965 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turts85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,117
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman123 View Post
Hi, just getting started with the Samsung so mainly stock settings (movie mode and "standard"). First thing I did is run Biosphere 4K on both sets at the same time. Although the settings were different on both sets the Samsung was the better picture. I'm obviously unbiased. As a test I ran Biosphere again on both sets on torch mode (vivid / dynamic) in this mode the picture was closest on both sets in terms of brightness and tone, but Samsung was still superior. The Vizio is still great, in fact I did not think it could be improved upon...but the Samsung edges it out sitting side by side. Another thing if it matters to you, the Samsung is a beautiful set to look at, virtually no bezel. I hate to say it but the Vizio looks rather clunky sitting next to it.
If I'm not mistaken wxman123...don't you have the P55 and not the P65? At least that's what you posted in the P series thread.
turts85 is offline  
post #2966 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 07:06 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl View Post
Anyone else notice this TV throttles your internet connection? I have my TV hardwired but when I check fast.com via the browser on the TV the highest it gets is 61mbps. When I connect a PC to that same cable, I get 170mbps. Any clue why? I tried messing around with DNS settings but that didn't make a difference. I checked speedtest.net via the browser and it gets a high of 21mbps.
Wow, I noticed the exact same thing two hours ago
I get about 120mbps wired, but the TV maxes out at about 35mbps through speedtest.net.
kazmur is offline  
post #2967 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
The_Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PACNW
Posts: 934
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expidia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Raz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeninsulaMark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Raz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeninsulaMark View Post
So no one here has this leg loose issue with the KS8000 ?
From what I have seen no. Have you tried the alternate holes?
Not sure what you mean by "alternate holes". The blade which gets inserted has holes, but they disappear when the blade is inserted.
I'm talking about the actual holes on the TV that you insert the blades into. There are 4 holes in total, 2 inner and 2 outer. If one hole appears loose try the alternate insertion holes that he isn't using and see if it's a problem with the stands themselves or the actual tv holes
Whats the difference? Unless he plans on hanging the TV from the ceiling on two wires and leavings legs on . . . the weight of the tv will keep the legs in the holes on a table.
Follow Johnny's suggestions. Thanks to Ray's CNet review I discovered that it had two different positions I didn't catch when I was on the hunt for a new television. Best Buy has theirs mounted and Costco had them set up with the outer settings. As both Johnny and Expidia explained, it uses the weight of the television to support it in the two adjustment locations. My advice would be to get in on a wall. That's my plan once I get mine. I've cleared off the wall. Now I just need to get the room cleared out and cleaned up before delivery in a week.

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
The_Donster is offline  
post #2968 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 07:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95 View Post
Has anyone purchased a Samsung extended warranty? I declined to get Best Buy's on my purchase because it was $450 which is ridiculous. I think my credit card gives me an extra year or two I'd have to check but I would be willing to get something from Samsung directly if it's reasonably priced and offers good coverage and service.
I got my KS8500 from Costco and it came with a free 2nd year warranty. I also bought the Square Trade protection plan from Costco for the TV. An additional 3 years (5 years total) cost $89.99. BestBuy's is way overpriced.
The_Donster likes this.
Mozez is offline  
post #2969 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
The_Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PACNW
Posts: 934
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expidia View Post
Why would any of us think you're obsessive after you read through "all" 2559 posts!
I've heard there was this one guy who bought this model, opened the box, plugged it in and lived happily ever after.

People normally on these types of forums are a bit over the top anyway as to pickiness.
I don't know man, I've kept up on this and that monster of a P Series Owners thread while I was trying to decide. So I can' talk too much about being obsessive, but you kind of have to be to make sure you make the right choice. I definitely agree that some folks went out of their way to find actual problems though. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back and re-read the thread now so that I'm ready when my television gets here.
Zen Traveler likes this.

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
The_Donster is offline  
post #2970 of 36667 Old 07-11-2016, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
layzzzee8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post
When using the stand legs of the KS8000 65 inch, how much width do you need in your TV stand for the stands legs to fit?
I am using the inner holes for the legs and I believe I have it on a stand that is 46" wide. The legs are right at the edge. I can measure when I get home if you need exact measurements.
layzzzee8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
denon s740h , extra , hdmi input , KS8000/KS8500 , no picture , one connect fail , xbox one s

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off