AVS Forum banner

**OFFICIAL** 2016 XBR-X850D Sony Series TV Thread

370K views 1K replies 403 participants last post by  mjtzoeyllc 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is for all 2016 Sony X850D Series TV owners to post observations, comments, and questions.

Sony X850D Series TV Links:

TV Link: http://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/xbr-x850d-series
Manuals: http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=XBR55X850D&LOC=3#/manualsTab

Specifications

Link: http://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/xbr-x850d-series/specifications

Series/Model #: X850D
Type: 4K HDR

Video
Screen Size: 55", 65", 75", 85"
Resolution: 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)
Panel: 10 bit
Panel Type: IPS
LED Backlight: Edge LED
Dimming Technology: Frame Dimming
Native Refresh Rate: 120 Hz
Motion Rate: Motionflow XR 960

Features
- Triluminos Display
- 4K X1 Processor
- 4K X-Reality PRO Upscaling
- Google Cast built in
- Playstation Now
- S-Force Front Surround
- Clear Audio +
- Clear Phase Frequencies

Audio
Sound Output: Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Pulse
Power Output: 10W+10W
Speaker Type: Front Firing

Product Reviews

Rtings - http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x850d
Flat Panels HD - http://flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1462946905

Calibration Settings

Posted as requested/identified.

See less See more
#628 ·
Physical or Wireless Connection

I upgrades both to this TV and my NAS to the Synology DS916+ and I am getting confused as to the best method to stream my content at optimal quality.

Physical Network:

Which type of cable should I be using? CAT5, 6, 7a, other type?

Wireless:

I currently have the RT-A66U wireless router connected to my SURFBOARD cable modem.

What should I do? Go wired directly from the NAS to the TV? Which may mean that I need to upgrade the modem and router type too to handle the extra bandwidth. Right? OR can go wireless with an upgraded router and cable modem?

I would like some specific recommendations please if you can. Any advice on the proper procedure/method? Thanks.

#637 ·
I upgrades both to this TV and my NAS to the Synology DS916+ and I am getting confused as to the best method to stream my content at optimal quality.

Physical Network:

Which type of cable should I be using? CAT5, 6, 7a, other type?

Wireless:

I currently have the RT-A66U wireless router connected to my SURFBOARD cable modem.

What should I do? Go wired directly from the NAS to the TV? Which may mean that I need to upgrade the modem and router type too to handle the extra bandwidth. Right? OR can go wireless with an upgraded router and cable modem?

I would like some specific recommendations please if you can. Any advice on the proper procedure/method? Thanks.
I'm a fan of wired Ethernet, faster, more stable, more reliable, etc. Wireless is for convenience when you don't have wire runs to your room.
Anyway, I don't think this TV offer 1G Ethernet, so Cat5e is more than enough.

#629 ·
New TV Unresponsive

My son has had the 75" 850D for a couple of weeks, and tonight he called me to say the TV would not respond to any remote commands. He changed the remote batteries, and still nothing. The only thing I could think of to tell him over the phone was to pull the power cord, and then plug it back in. He did, and it's working normally.

Is this "a thing" with this TV? Is having to pull the power cord for a hard reset on a new TV something to be concerned about (he's still within the Best Buy return window) or is this something that just happens once in a while, and it's not a big deal?

#630 ·
My son has had the 75" 850D for a couple of weeks, and tonight he called me to say the TV would not respond to any remote commands. He changed the remote batteries, and still nothing. The only thing I could think of to tell him over the phone was to pull the power cord, and then plug it back in. He did, and it's working normally.

Is this "a thing" with this TV? Is having to pull the power cord for a hard reset on a new TV something to be concerned about (he's still within the Best Buy return window) or is this something that just happens once in a while, and it's not a big deal?
Seems to be par for the course for about everything these days. TVs are basically computers now and we all know how moody anything with hardware/firmware/software can be at times. Wouldn't worry about rare instances but definitely an issue if it becomes frequent.

#631 ·
For anyone having lip sync issues like I described - I have found a solution!

I have tracked down that the issue only occurs on the Android streaming apps (seems to be worst when watching 4K/4K HDR content).

I bought a Roku Ultra (connected to HDMI 2) to take the Android TV component out of the equation - and streaming the same 4K/4K HDR content in Amazon or Netflix works perfectly.

So it seems to me that the Android TV apps need to be updated - OR perhaps the processor powering the Android TV isn't fast enough for 4K?

Either way, I think I am going to hang onto the Roku and let each device do what it does best. I'll just use the TV as a monitor - and let each component be the best it can be. Besides, I think Roku is more likely to update more frequently then Sony will update the Andorid TV for this device. It will also make the Smart TV aspects a lot more futureproof since I can swap out the Roku to new models in the future easily.

#660 · (Edited)
Note these results are for Sony X850C 2015 model 6.0.1 Andoid Marshmallow update and some stuff may or may not apply to 2016 X850D :).

Prolonged power button depression more reliably re boots TV

Help menu and discovery menu were substantially improved with more icon based directory in the help menu and maybe some other menus

More features in substantially improved discovery menu

Grace notes channel guide for OTA broadcast as before

Grace notes channel guide for Direct TV HR 54 system that was previously missing no matter what you did .

I like the Grace notes channel guide better than the D*TV channel guide .

Input row is now at bottom of the app rows in home menu

sometimes the android system is more responsive ,some times it gets lost as before

the update before this one added 100 NIT to the X850C maximum backlight and some other picture stuff .it helps HDR and SDR and peak brightness highlights

Now 55X850C and 65X850C maximum brightness are even so that helps my brightens Jones and I prefer VA panel like X850C anyway :p

The display info is not a black drop down fly out just two small opaque boxes at top and a transparent ribbon with channel >input >and time
looks better

Brown design back ground on home and maybe something else and help menu

New chrome browser app at play store for TV beats the side load I had before but still not all that compared to PC Chrome

haven tried voice search but the small voice control touch pad touch remote de coupled if unused for a day I don't know if that happens now .

I think you all have unified voice and main remote anyway .

Picture overall looks significantly better IMO but probably mostly the prior maybe October update to 55X850C edge lite

Android Netflix no 5.1 or 5.1 netlix browser info on movie on some TV and transient lip sync faults Sony knows about it I emailed Netflix app devs too and talked to Sony via electronic messages I think some sets are geting wrong Netflix browser now maybe screwed up browser identifier on some sets and Sony did not dispute that and say NF devs may have to fix app same for Amazon :p

factory re set does nothing for Netflix or Amazon at these faults but I knew that from the get and never did it some people here and there didn't belive a reset wont work kept saying do it over and over but thier TV were working OK they may be eating crow now but they don't know HTML mark up anyway :)

Transient lip sync faults on Amazon Android app ,

Some sets affected some not on NF Amazon faults maybe others

Drama and improvements are about a wash but for sure in favor of improvements IMO if you can live without Netflix 5.1. > I have a Roku too and get ny 5.1 there on NF and amozonwith good lip sysnc but no 4K or HDR on anthing with my 1080p Roku but sometimes HDR ain't all that on these TV anyway :p

Reactions: luchid
#648 ·
It is not only yours. The display button no longer works on Netflix for the 850D and other D models. I believe the issue also is impacting the C models. It seems to have been removed by the latest firmware update. I couldn't get it to work on Amazon last night either.

However, it should still work when viewing video from HDMI sources, at least it does on mine.

#650 ·
Don't know how many people have been keeping track of the Marshmallow update on the other Sony models, but rtings recently re-tested the input lag on the 850c after the marshmallow update. Input lag went down to 31.6 ms for 4K @60 + HDR. However, they notedthat it doesn't display 4:4:4 accurately. Not sure what that entails. So, there is definitely hope for you gamers.

#652 ·
That's because 10 bit can't be done at 4:4:4, only 4:2:0. That's a limitation of the HDMI 2.0 spec, and there is no TV (or monitor) out there that can actually do 10 bit (needed for HDR) on 4K 60 @ 4:4:4. Not sure why rtings felt the need to point that out, since it's kinda misleading.

Anyway, I like how there are some people on this forum saying that got the marshmallow update on their x850D, but absolutely refuse to provide any proof after a week, and don't comment at all regarding the input lag. Kinda ridiculous, why even post you got MM at all?

#658 ·
Hello all...

I've read this whole thread... Some good info!

But I didn't see anything related to what gamepad is compatible...

I found this with Google
https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.cus...22/~/which-gamepads-work-with-the-android-tv?

And on the Sony website it states that you can use the dualshock 4 but that you have to download an app on the ps4... which I don't have...

Anyone have any more information?

Is anyone using a gamepad?

Do I need to have a ps4 to use the dualshock?

Any information is helpful.

Thanks

I should add that I mostly want to use it for the Android games...

#677 · (Edited)
Hello all...

Is anyone using a gamepad?

Do I need to have a ps4 to use the dualshock?

we use hacked PS 3 dual shocks for PC games when they dont use the modified G27 wheel or KB and mouse and the OEM dual shocks for PS3 games .

I never streamed a Sony PSN store game on this TV or hooked a game controller directly up to the 2 Sony TVs here .

One Sony Bravia LED is not a smart IPTV at all beyond a Roku

sorry I cant be of more help and not only that my TV in here is a 2015 X850C not the 2016 D model and not the usual PC or PS3 game TV either :eek:

good luck

#659 ·
Settings from Cnet that looks great! https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/sony-xbr-65x850d-picture-settings-and-hdr-notes/

Picture adjustments menu

Picture Mode: Cinema Pro
Auto picture Mode: Off
Brightness: 8
Color: 50
Light Sensor: Off

Advanced settings menu

-- Brightness sub-menu
Brightness: 8
Contrast: 90
Gamma: -1
Black level: 50
Black adjust: Off
Adv. contrast enhancer: Off

-- Color sub-menu
Color: 50
Hue: 0
Color temperature: Expert 1
Color space: Auto
Live Color: Off

-- Adv. color temperature sub-menu
Basic
R-Gain: Max
G-Gain: -3
B-Gain: -6
R-Bias: 0
G-Bias: 0
B-Bias: 0

Multi point (10p) [no changes]

-- Clarity sub-menu
Sharpness: 50
Reality Creation: Off
Random noise reduction: Off
Digital noise reduction: Off

-- Motion sub-menu
Motionflow: True Cinema
CineMotion: High

#669 · (Edited)
Sure but the bit depth of consumer home 2K SDR 4:2:0 or 4K HDR/ SDR content is mixed way down from the raw cinema production digital intermediates anyway but less so for theater digital packages as all that would apply here .

OTOH I'll watch good digital content of a good 35mm film production all day :)

You can watch the film grain all day here too and move back a few feet and not give it a second thought :)

35mm has excellent field of depth and color gradation IMO often much better than a TV digital production and it upscales to 2160p and does up to WCG HDR TV very well here .

This new 2016 8K movie production camera is interesting it may not be out in the field much yet but the 2K -4K Panavions maybe with the Sony digital chassis are pretty good also .

I don't understand all the f stop and things like that that may apply here and I"m certainly no expert at any of this and I'm not trying to trash 35mm :)

The 8K Panavison DXL Cinema Camera

Tech specs:
Sensor Type: 16-bit, 35.5 Megapixel CMOS
Resolution: 8192 x 4320
Sensor Size: Large Format: 40.96mm x 21.60mm (Diagonal: 46.31mm)
Dynamic Range: 15 stops
Max Frame Rate: 60 fps at 8K Full Frame (8192 x 4320), 75 fps at 8K 2.4:1 (8192 x 3456)
Recording Codec: 8K RAW with simultaneous 4K proxy (ProRes or DNx)

http://nofilmschool.com/2016/06/panavison-red-light-iron-8k-raw-dxl-cinema-camera

#671 · (Edited)
Wow did anybody else just get that update? (Auto local dimming) and (x-tended dynamic range) ? What else did they add?

Edit: okay now my Picture Adjustmest button will not work. But prior to that my set went black , then went to the Android menu. Then I seen that in the picture adjustment boxes under advanced adjustments new buttons (auto local dimming) and (extended dynamic range) were added.

I believed it to be an update. But I just went to sony's page and have found the last update was 10/25.

Curiously wondering what just happened.

#673 ·
Wow did anybody else just get that update? (Auto local dimming) and (x-tended dynamic range) ? What else did they add?

Edit: okay now my Picture Adjustmest button will not work. But prior to that my set went black , then went to the Android menu. Then I seen that in the picture adjustment boxes under advanced adjustments new buttons (auto local dimming) and (extended dynamic range) were added.

I believed it to be an update. But I just went to sony's page and have found the last update was 10/25.

(auto local dimming) and (extended dynamic range) were added

Curiously wondering what just happened.
(auto local dimming) and (extended dynamic range) were added
That probably means they cranked up your HDR and maybe SDR back light range NIT values like the X850C Oct. update .

We didn't get the extended dynamic range feature, thats probably what they did anyway. I belive both sets have the same X-1 Reality Pro processors .

6.0.1 Help menu is all new ,

Latest *X850C update was in early Dec. and Andriod 6.0.1 for the 850 C models *Not sure about Andoid 6.x roll out dates in X850D .

IIRC some of X850D were made with it or have it already recently in Dec like when we got ours .[subject to verification]

Maybe I saw something about it here in this X850D owner thread [subject to verification]

On the Android 6.0.1 update they made a lot of significant changes and improvements *and brought us some new misbehavior drama and transient black screening etc, but not in the middle of anything u watching

The input icon row is at the bottom of the app menu now instead of between featured apps and downloaded apps ,

They populated the discovery menu & added lotta features including a Grace notes channel guide for D*TV HR 54 systems now that was absent before and only for locals and or Dish TV and whatever else it may have worked on ..

You have to use your *DTV guide and remote to change channels still like before on a D*TV HR 54 system .

I have Harmony remote on the way I ordered anyway to integrate the new Sony ES 5.1 AVR and ROKU etc. control in here to the TV and we will see about all that Grace note channel guide business . I like the GN Chanel guides .

On the 55 X850C and maybe the others they cranked out the back-light with another 100 NITS in OCT ,cool for my brightness jones :)

You can see all that in the X850C owners thread inducling my detailed but sometimes obnoxiously long postings /lists and maybe one or two here when someone asked and a lot of it may apply to 2160p C and D models .

the caviat is @ Andoid 6 you may lose Netflix 5.1 and get some transient lip sync faults on some of the apps .

Sony level 2 knows about it , they want me to call them on phone ( I already told them I thought the Netflix browser identifier was faulty since the 6.0.1 update and we were getting handed the wrong Netflix browser on the affected TV's ) they thought it was plausible .

I have another e mail waiting about it from a little bird in the know and maybe they have something about all this that I may or may not be able to repeat here . :)

Note not all sets are affected with the same app mis behaviors ,

The latest firmware file at Sony e support for the 55x850D and 65X850D is PKG .531.0108NAB 10/25/16 but that dosen't mean you may not get Andoid 6.x either .

You can check for updates in the TV help menu or set it to auto or look at this thread since early Dec.

That being said IMO the significant Anrdoid 6,x improvements outweigh the drama YMMV :p

#676 · (Edited)
gwsat said:
synccoil -- Thanks for your cogent examination of what is wrong with the notions that CRT is somehow superior to modern 4K HDR TVs and that the reason we don't see CRT anymore is the result of some sort of conspiracy. I had thought the last of the Flat Earth Society were gone from AVS Forum. Clearly, I was wrong. Thanks again for your carefully thought out posts attempting at least to set the record straight.
Welcome I like tech and motor gear head stuff . I did bench work on CRT TV's and consumer electronics in the early 70's and had eletcronics schooling '

I'm not an E.E.or profesional video device engineering,software or content person that's out of my wheelhouse .

stooic said:
No I do not know that everyone is NOT using CRT as reference models. If that is the case, which I do not know how one would get that knowledge,
Right here :
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-monitors/

Some of the ~ 30" ,bt 2020 Sony RGB OLEDS are ~ $30K

OTOH I Been in production and broadcast facilitates .broadcaster tractor tailors and related VIP accommodations , production studios and color grading /editing rooms and related facilities

One of my over 25 yrs BF is a broadcast engineer for a large metro market big 3 TV Network COO station I've had the insiders grand tour there more than once .:p

My company has our own corporate training B2B ,TV commercial spot and propaganda media production facilities and some corporate theaters for all that and they sent the media out to the field on regular basis they used to use film tape 35mm slides or big lazer disk and then send 16mm ,35mm slides or later VCR tapes out to field when VCR's were happening then DVD ,its all broadband IPTV on the corporate intranets now outside of the 3rd world sometimes >>SRSLY we are there too :p

My company (prev long term before recent retirement employer )sponsors all kinds of programs and events you watch on TV all over the globe and management has access everyone may not have.

We could usually get VIP accommodation from us or a supplier and I frequently gave them to front line employees or direct report s and we got them for employee groups now and then .

OTOH I'm not unfamiliar with CRT TV ,radio's or the inside of an LCD TV or PC either...... or Global manufacturing and more specifically product management business cases and product life-cycles as it may apply here .

It's always about the money at some point but CRT TV for us was wholly obsolete long ago . The B52 H aircraft from 1962 and almost every aging commercial aircraft on the planet are using flat panels now too .

Flat panels handle electromagnetic radiation better than a CRT and that implication is wholly obvious in a B52H or any strategic bomber .:laugh:

I believe most would abandon these "new" flawed technologies for a CRT in a heartbeat, if given the option of choice

in 2016 .... really ? You know the 99% been wanting flat panels they can hang on a wall since all that was just science fiction and keep thier LCD TV in torch ,vivid or retail mode or no ? .....You know a flat consumer TV CRT tube cant draw a circle right ? :)

When was that last time you saw a console CRT TV furniture monstrosity or table top set at Best buy ?

The supply chains for TV CRT are wholly gone in the developed 2,3 worlds, rare earth phosphors are pricey now and the environmental implications of CRT's end to end are wholly unacceptable in much of the developed world now

Growing up we got our first CTC 12 clone color TV large furniture monstrosity >21" color TV 6 speaker stereo combo in late 1962 .......it was fair room heater with 22 tubes just for the TV part but never the same color twice it wasn't a Sony Triniton :)

You couldn't get the same color twice with those old delta gun RCA Colortron CRT or anybody else's delta gun color tubes either .

Ours didn't have the window in front but wasn't very transparent ,dependable or stable either and it took a crowd to move it anyway :laugh:

#688 ·
we use hacked PS 3 dual shocks for PC games when they dont use the modified G27 wheel or KB and mouse and the OEM dual shocks for PS3 games .

I never streamed a Sony PSN store game on this TV or hooked a game controller directly up to the 2 Sony TVs here .

One Sony Bravia LED is not a smart IPTV at all beyond a Roku

sorry I cant be of more help and not only that my TV in here is a 2015 X850C not the 2016 D model and not the usual PC or PS3 game TV either

good luck
Sony support has posted the model number of the compatible controller. It's under support and news.
I'm wondering if you need two controllers... One for PS games and one for the Android games...

Sony support does give the model number... I'm thinking that the ps4 controller is for the PS games only... My TV shows up on boxing day :)

#678 ·
I had the guy come over and install my 75 inch last night on the wall. I have my Roke Premiere +, PS4 and my Xfinity HD box all connected through HDMI. The Roku is NOT recognizing the HDR saying the input doesnt support HDR. I have tried 3 of them. Which HDMI input do I need to connect the Roku to so I can get HDR? Also within Roku if I watch Sling tv it looks good but Netflix has a "Fake" look to the programs. Hard to explain but almost like watching a reality tv show instead of a tv show. I did turn the display to all pixels on. Any advice?

Attachments

#682 ·
So I calibrated using the settings someone posted a couple of days ago. I turn the TV on this morning and the colors looked off so I checked the settings and it looks like they were somehow reset. How could this have happened? Is there a save button I was supposed to select when I calibrated? Very annoying.

#685 ·
There is no save button. Once you make the change, it sticks unless you fully reset the tv or hit the return to defaults option. Sometimes, a firmware update will return you to the original settings as well.

However, each input has its own settings. So, if you changed them on HDMI 1, but then moved to HDMI 2 or an App, those settings for HDMI 1 don't follow. You have to calibrate each input.

#683 ·
To all the 75 inch owners, what's the general consensus on how 4K blu rays look? Saw the 75 inch at Best Buy yesterday and although not in ideal conditions, the demos looked pretty good. Especially at the price point it's at. Have any of you 75 inch owners watched some of the better looking 4K blu's yet (The Revenant, Sully, X-Men Apocalypse, Ghostbusters (2016), and/or The Shallows)? I had last year's 75 850c. I sold it a while back and am now missing the size. Just looking for a descent 75 inch TV that won't break the bank until the OLED 77 inch comes out of the stratosphere.

#691 · (Edited)
stooic said:
Don't need your creds sir.
But they support my *qualified opinions* :p

A lot of folks like a large flat screen on a wall or otherwise that was just science fiction not that long ago .

stooic said:
Local stores have been destroyed by the internet.

Amazon ,Wall Mart and Apple etc, have brick and mortar stores now and more are coming from Amazon ,etc.

Retail e commerce (the web) is only 20% of retail commerce .
The web is within the internet but not the internet per-see

stooic said:
I also wanted a flat panel TV. I also was super stoked about HD. Now that I have experienced it, I want my CRT back
Perhaps a better 2015-2106 HDR LCD or OLED and good SDR 2160p,HDR and 2K sources ?

stooic said:
Not getting the same color twice proved just how good CRT were at making all the colors
Not the same color twice was more often unstable TV sets than not ,They never made 10 bit wide color gamuts or DCI P-3 cinema color within bt2010 and above 8 bit ATSC and NTSC either and the old delta gun and beyond retail CRT TV's were never precise or stable at anthing anyway (when they worked at all ) :p

Flat panel CRT had Horrible geometry . I owned 5 of them ,Sony Toshiba and Sharp and Sony XBR was better geometry and picture than the rest .

stooic said:
Depending on where you live, the heat produced by electronics is welcomed and
not waste
Depending on your Kwh. hour electricity cost maybe for a minute and they are not efficient heaters anyway ,

who is to say the large CRT electromagnetic radiation isn't dangerous ? The lower medical thresholds for all that are decreasing and then they have lethal voltages also :p

stooic said:
Incandescent light bulb make the most accurate light

Lets try to stick with the facts , 5500 K is daylight-balanced kelvin , D65 6500 kelvin is more accurate than incandescent also . 65D = 8 bt709 and 2K digital intermediate theatrical production white calibration also too CCFL and LED can do all that with less energy and have a far higher MTBF than incandescent IOW they last a lot ,lot longer least 10x at a minimum .

stooic said:
I would prefer to talk to you instead of getting post from the internet
really ?.... you just replied to me again below this reply !:confused:

stooic said:
It's always about the money at some point
That's reality .:p

your next reply to me ,:laugh:

stooic said:
Now quality takes a backseat to profits and that is the problem.
With a ~ 50,000 hour MTBF ( IOW they usually last longer ) I think on the mean and avarage [*decent] modern flat panel TV are more dependable that CRT TV's .

CRT retail consumer TV never approached the image quality of a professional Sony Trimaster flat panel monitor that can cost as much as a brand new automobile and don't get much bigger than 40" at those prices or a modern [*decent] 4K HDR TV flat panel .

.FWIW the modern retail Sony HDR TV's and some others including LG RBGW OLED hold up remarkably well against those $$$$ professional Sony Trimasters all things considered . No retail CRT can do that .

They sell Sony XBR 4K HDR TVs as professional , B2B and commercial displays
a lot of those are on a 24/7/365 duty cycle . that would indicate exceptional relibility ,parts content and the thermal design adequate for all that. probably the same at Samsung and LG on thier better TV's.

My Sony X850c is on a very severe cable and IPTV business and news channel duty cycle for the legitimate reasons all that would imply and casual entertainment at some point after all that

All they do is change the name on the EXACT same TV . They call my exact or nearly exact 2015 Sony XBR 4K X850C in the commercial sales channels a Sony FWD-55X850C 55" 4K/UHD ProBravia LED Display it's just in a different sales channel thats all.:)

I replace the Sonys in here at maybe 2 years usually with a better and or bigger Sony anyway but they never usually break here except one 2013 Sony that lost some LED's .

$18.00 for all new genuine Sony LED strips on pay bay and about 1 hr of work on the panel fixed it .

At my real severe duty cycles I didn't feel bad about that in a $600.00 msrp. 1080p Sony Bravia grocery getter , it was not the more $$ extra strength XBR series I usually buy like this one in here and the first Sony TV I ever had break something :)

Same thing with the Extra strength better parts and thermal design inside Sony ES 7.1 AVR's I buy instead of the regular DE models ,again its all about the money
:laugh:

I have a 4 year warranty on this X850C up to replacement cost so it may be here 2-3 yeras or until all the HDR10>HDR10+ and Dolby Vision business shakes out or I get a jones for the new ZD9 FALD NIT Monster or something like that .

This post has been deleted
#693 · (Edited)
Note as long as nothing is in the headphone jack Android Kodi Plays 5.1 also
,same for Netflix .

For way longer than all this recent drama ,I been using the PC and MPC HC out to the TV over HDMI for all that 5.1 external decoding to my AVR business on my disc media and media files because I had an alternate stereo analog audio path plugged into the bloody headphone jack and no KODI 5.1

:laugh: