**OFFICIAL** 2016 XBR-X850D Sony Series TV Thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 240Likes

post #241 of 1424 Old 09-10-2016, 06:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 20
This tv support hdr under game or graphics mode? I am interested to see its performance for future hdr games. Also does this tv still have the motionflow impulse from the old bravia?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 1424 Old 09-10-2016, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm going to have a 75x850D delivered next Saturday. I was hoping to get the wall mount installed this weekend as I'll be out of town all week and don't want to waste all day next Saturday getting the TV installed and wired.

I want to WATCH it instead.

The problem I am having is the online manuals suck. They don't give the location of the VESA mounting holes on the TV other than a VERY generic angled view that is worthless.

Can someone with this TV post the height of the bottom row and top row of VESA mounting screws from the bottom edge of the TV? With that, I can get this thing mounted exactly where I want it and be ready for next weekend.

Thanks!

--RRRoamer
post #243 of 1424 Old 09-11-2016, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Could anyone try something.

Could you try playing a Youtube video from the TV app in 4K 60hz.

Make sure the video is really in 4k 60fps (and not regular 4k 30hz video...) mode by clicking the quality icon (if you don't see 4k 60hz in the setting, it's not it.).

On my TV, the video play, but it's unreliable, the image freeze after couple of minutes or seconds.

It's not my connection, because i'm plugged with a wired at 1gbps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 1424 Old 09-11-2016, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
anyone with this tv got the xbox one s? really curious if game mode will support hdr without killing the input lag. the x800d does. i have a ps4 pro on preorder, and next week hdr is going to be added via firmware.
post #245 of 1424 Old 09-11-2016, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morille Tremblay View Post
Could anyone try something.

Could you try playing a Youtube video from the TV app in 4K 60hz.

On my TV, the video play, but it's unreliable, the image freeze after couple of minutes or seconds.
I checked 2 different ones. One of them (Terrifying Pyroclastic Flows) played perfectly each of the four times I played it. The other one (How Paint Balls are Made) froze each time.
post #246 of 1424 Old 09-11-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethpuck View Post
anyone with this tv got the xbox one s? really curious if game mode will support hdr without killing the input lag. the x800d does. i have a ps4 pro on preorder, and next week hdr is going to be added via firmware.
I can't seems to get it to work, whenever the PC picks up a HDR signal it automatically default to HDR video in picture mode, which increase the input lag. I just got this tv yesterday, so if there is hdr support in game mode then I haven't figure out how to get it myself. Maybe someone can confirm here. If you live in the US maybe you can ask rtings about it since their Q&A is only limited to US residnt. I would also email sony support my, when PS4 gets HDR update it will be main stream when the first party games get patch with it. Sony should update their HDR compatible tv to support HDR game mode.
post #247 of 1424 Old 09-11-2016, 09:40 PM

Have to play around with it I guess. The HDR on this tv isn't that amazing. Sony could also do a firmware update. Rtings said that the 800d can do it without lag. All the samsungs can do it. Had the ks8000 and gif rid of it did to random dropouts of picture. Hoping Sony supports their tvs well.
post #248 of 1424 Old 09-11-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooic View Post
Turn off auto picture mode then select Game or HDR. In HDR mode, turn off the settings that are causing the lag. IMO all stuff in motion and clarity can remain off without affecting the HDR performance. Most motion stuff adds extra frames which causes gaming lag.
my tv is always set to Game mode, HDR video mode kicks in whenever a HDR signal is detected and there is no way to switch it to any other pciture mode. It's locked to HDR video. And this TV in particular does not increase any lag with motionflow; already stated by the rtings review. I guess also verified by myself, I have been testing games with and without motionflow; no noticable difference at max or off infact maxing out clearness which turns on lightboost makes everything looks very sharp in motion like a CRT.

I have a question for anyone that hook up their PC to this TV, especially the one with nvidia GPU. Does the nvidia control panel says 1920X1080 is the native res for this TV?? I have no problem setting my to 3840x2160, but the GPU scaling is broken because it thinks 1080p is the native res. Unless I run games at resolution higher than 1080p, the video card always changes resolution back to 1080p when I launch a game in 1080p which cause the screen to go blank for a few seconds every time. My Geforce 970 was able to detect the 4K philips I had with a 3840x2160 native res so any resolution lower than 4k like 2560x1440, 1920x1080 never had to change res as it will always scale to 3840x2160 output so the TV never goes blank.

Quote:
Have to play around with it I guess. The HDR on this tv isn't that amazing. Sony could also do a firmware update. Rtings said that the 800d can do it without lag. All the samsungs can do it. Had the ks8000 and gif rid of it did to random dropouts of picture. Hoping Sony supports their tvs well.
I think I read that the Samsung add another 30ms on top of the 20+ms of input lag when HDR signal kicks in, but I could be wrong.
post #249 of 1424 Old 09-12-2016, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking to Purchase a Sony XBR75X850D TV however the sales person said that there are 2 panels out there. One is the CU1 which is made in Taiwan while the other is CU2 which is made in Mexico. He was told that the CU2 panel is better and give more color than the CU1. Does anyone know if this is true? Should I be looking for a TV with the CU2 panel or are they both the same? Thanks
post #250 of 1424 Old 09-12-2016, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaroo View Post
my tv is always set to Game mode, HDR video mode kicks in whenever a HDR signal is detected and there is no way to switch it to any other pciture mode. It's locked to HDR video. And this TV in particular does not increase any lag with motionflow; already stated by the rtings review. I guess also verified by myself, I have been testing games with and without motionflow; no noticable difference at max or off infact maxing out clearness which turns on lightboost makes everything looks very sharp in motion like a CRT.
...I just got this TV yesterday, and if this is true (that there's no way to opt out of HDR mode when a signal is detected) I'll be angry. Forza Horizon 3 comes out soon, and I absolutely want to try it with HDR (it's the first Xbone game to include it), but I don't like the effect, or if it introduces input lag and I can't opt out, I'll be so angry.

(not related: First post! Figured I'd join the forum while this TV is still new and confusing to me)
post #251 of 1424 Old 09-12-2016, 04:42 PM

I'm a bit confused by how this set handles upscaling. Does it just do it automatically, for all sources on all picture modes? I ask because there's an option in the settings called "Mastered in 4K" that I can't select unless I'm on one of the Cinema modes. Is that the upscaling option, and it can only be used in those two modes? Or is the upscaling just always on, all the time? That would suck if I can't use it while playing games.
post #252 of 1424 Old 09-12-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethechapman View Post
...I just got this TV yesterday, and if this is true (that there's no way to opt out of HDR mode when a signal is detected) I'll be angry. Forza Horizon 3 comes out soon, and I absolutely want to try it with HDR (it's the first Xbone game to include it), but I don't like the effect, or if it introduces input lag and I can't opt out, I'll be so angry.

(not related: First post! Figured I'd join the forum while this TV is still new and confusing to me)
Same here I just bought this tv on saturday, still playing around with it, one thing for sure though is I hate the android TV UI, it left like a incomplete product....Forza horizon 3 demo does not support HDR unfortunately, and PS4 is getting 4.0 update with HDR support tmr, maybe ND will surprise us and patch U4 with HDR! But doubt it, if anything they will save it for PS4pro release. I am not sure why you want to opt out of HDR mode when a HDR signal is being sent, if you want to view UHD bluray without HDR, you can simply uncheck HDR in the display setting on the player like Xbox one S. Its actually a good idea that they TV have a separate profile when HDR signal is being received, because the brightness and contrast setting will be very different than watch SDR source. So I emailed sony support (and they actually wrote back withing 12 hours!) asked them to pass my msg to their engineers and software team to optimized the "HDR video" picture mode more to reduce the input lag. As the 40+ millions of PS4 will be the main source of HDR contents (games) in the near future probably.

Quote:
Maxing out clarity causes extra processing time. Clarity (edge enhancer) causes the most noise. I noticed a "lightboost" on my other HDTV while using edge enhancer and it is nothing more than adding brightness to the lines in the image (halo effect). I used to think the image was blurry without it. Now I can't watch with it on, it's all I can see. It's like over pushing the contrast or crushing the black level.

NOTHING is like a CRT...EVER! They don't make tv's like that anymore. That was a time when they cared more about the product than the profits.
digital edge enhancement is always off for me on any brand of tv, they are possibly the worse thing ever created in the world of television. I always use very bare bone setting on any TV set, always keep things as close to the original source as possible. As long as the TV panel is good and the manufacturer has a good upscaler , simply tweaking brightness, contrast and color are enough for me. For this TV, I max out the motionflow as rtings has stated, 0 increase in input lag and only dimmed the screen a little and clarity under the motion option enables lightboost, which is great for games. I notice the image remain sharp as has a minimal lost of detail as I pan the camera in most games compare to the TV I owned before.

Quote:
I'm a bit confused by how this set handles upscaling. Does it just do it automatically, for all sources on all picture modes? I ask because there's an option in the settings called "Mastered in 4K" that I can't select unless I'm on one of the Cinema modes. Is that the upscaling option, and it can only be used in those two modes? Or is the upscaling just always on, all the time? That would suck if I can't use it while playing games.
I think all TV take whatever signal it receives and scale it to fill the screen, so yes it should be automatic. if you feed a 480p source, it will scale the fit the entire screen. Most tv will tell you which res is your source orignal material when you press in info button on the remote. rtings said mastered in 4K only work with Bluray that support it with the logo mastered in 4K, basically it does nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csun213 View Post
I am looking to Purchase a Sony XBR75X850D TV however the sales person said that there are 2 panels out there. One is the CU1 which is made in Taiwan while the other is CU2 which is made in Mexico. He was told that the CU2 panel is better and give more color than the CU1. Does anyone know if this is true? Should I be looking for a TV with the CU2 panel or are they both the same? Thanks
very interesting info, because mine is made in Mexico, so I think there might be some truth behind his story. Guess you can ask the sales to check the box, if it should say made in mexico or not.

Last edited by Gitaroo; 09-12-2016 at 07:29 PM.
post #253 of 1424 Old 09-12-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Same here I just bought this tv on saturday, still playing around with it, one thing for sure though is I hate the android TV UI, it left like a incomplete product....Forza horizon 3 demo does not support HDR unfortunately, and PS4 is getting 4.0 update with HDR support tmr, maybe ND will surprise us and patch U4 with HDR! But doubt it, if anything they will save it for PS4pro release. I am not sure why you want to opt out of HDR mode when a HDR signal is being sent, if you want to view UHD bluray without HDR, you can simply uncheck HDR in the display setting on the player like Xbox one S. Its actually a good idea that they TV have a separate profile when HDR signal is being received, because the brightness and contrast setting will be very different than watch SDR source. So I emailed sony support (and they actually wrote back withing 12 hours!) asked them to pass my msg to their engineers and software team to optimized the "HDR video" picture mode more to reduce the input lag. As the 40+ millions of PS4 will be the main source of HDR contents (games) in the near future probably.
The HDR in the Mad Max Fury Road 4K Blu is terrrrrrible. The colors are completely overblown and there's a ton of noise in the picture. The image looks much better with HDR off.
post #254 of 1424 Old 09-12-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Should be able to disable it by not selecting enhanced format under the settings
post #255 of 1424 Old 09-12-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
The HDR in the Mad Max Fury Road 4K Blu is terrrrrrible. The colors are completely overblown and there's a ton of noise in the picture. The image looks much better with HDR off.
you just need some tweaking in the HDR video mode, based on the ultrahd.highdefdigest review, the transfer itself has some problem, as the movie was also not shot in real 4k, lots of mosquito artifacts in the skies etc. HDR is suppose to make color pops up more and image as crisp as possible. Noise and artifacts will be more obvious which is only natural. I went back to check the regular BD, some scene especially the beginning is a lot darker in HDR but overall I can't go back to regular mode, HDR makes it looks much better than watching in the theatre for me. I bought the 2016 philips 6000 series with HDR support before I switch to the sony, believe me. The philips panel was just not bright enough to handle HDR, I know the x850d doesn't meet the standard neither but it fair way better; I can actually see thing in dark corners like I was actually in the movie scene. The Philips also has some major black crush issue when playing HDR contents. Most of the UHD BD with HDR are all post converted, the exodus, Sony HDR and Life of Pi HDR demo looks amazing on this set, no black crush nor over saturated color. You should download those and check it out. Anyway, to disable HDR you can do that in your player, if you are using xbone s like me or I think if you set the TV HDMI imput to standard it also turn off HDR, but I haven't try that.
post #256 of 1424 Old 09-12-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Should be able to disable it by not selecting enhanced format under the settings
Ahhh, the Enhanced HDMI setting. Good call, I probably would never have thought of that!
post #257 of 1424 Old 09-12-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
you just need some tweaking in the HDR video mode, based on the ultrahd.highdefdigest review, the transfer itself has some problem, as the movie was also not shot in real 4k, lots of mosquito artifacts in the skies etc. HDR is suppose to make color pops up more and image as crisp as possible. Noise and artifacts will be more obvious which is only natural. I went back to check the regular BD, some scene especially the beginning is a lot darker in HDR but overall I can't go back to regular mode, HDR makes it looks much better than watching in the theatre for me. I bought the 2016 philips 6000 series with HDR support before I switch to the sony, believe me. The philips panel was just not bright enough to handle HDR, I know the x850d doesn't meet the standard neither but it fair way better; I can actually see thing in dark corners like I was actually in the movie scene. The Philips also has some major black crush issue when playing HDR contents. Most of the UHD BD with HDR are all post converted, the exodus, Sony HDR and Life of Pi HDR demo looks amazing on this set, no black crush nor over saturated color. You should download those and check it out. Anyway, to disable HDR you can do that in your player, if you are using xbone s like me or I think if you set the TV HDMI imput to standard it also turn off HDR, but I haven't try that.
The artifacting in the skies is what threw me. It was my first UHD BR that I ever tried (I figured if I'm going to test it with any movie, why not the most beautiful movie of last year?), and I was looking at the skies and thinking "...is that supposed to look like that?"

The colors certainly looked great, though some of them were a bit overblown. Explosions felt like the colors were just blown out to the point where all detail was lost. I read the highdefdigest review after the fact, and learned that it wasn't the best transfer in the world. If I had known that, I probably would have made The Revenant or The Lego Movie my first disc. Oh well, next time!
post #258 of 1424 Old 09-12-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
The artifacting in the skies is what threw me. It was my first UHD BR that I ever tried (I figured if I'm going to test it with any movie, why not the most beautiful movie of last year?), and I was looking at the skies and thinking "...is that supposed to look like that?"

The colors certainly looked great, though some of them were a bit overblown. Explosions felt like the colors were just blown out to the point where all detail was lost. I read the highdefdigest review after the fact, and learned that it wasn't the best transfer in the world. If I had known that, I probably would have made The Revenant or The Lego Movie my first disc. Oh well, next time!
yeah I think all the issues you describe are all because of the movie itself, the transfer from 2k source and non native 4K vfx, being clearer, sharper image only shows more flaws at the end if the original source isn't up to par. So the problem is not the TV. Funny thing is, the original mad max from 1983 transfer is actually native true 4k, because it was shot on film instead of a 2k digital camera like the new movie. Revenant is not a true 4K film neither, you should check here before you make your purchase

http://realorfake4k.com/
post #259 of 1424 Old 09-12-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
All settings in the "clarity" area are edge enhancer. If by clarity you mean CLEAR in the "motion" area than you are using BFI (black frame insertion). There is NO lightboost. They use that term to say it doesn't dim it that much, but it does.

All motion compensation causes gaming lag. I don't care what rtings has to say about it. I can see it for myself. That is why most Game presets turn it off by default.

If you are talking about Cinemotion being maxed out, it does nothing for gaming (60p) and nothing for tv (30i) and only kicks in when you are watching a movie that was filmed at 24. It reverses 3/2. The max part adds fake frames. Cinemotion creates problems when the signal is bad. Most satty and cable signals are. The solution is to film in 30 or 60, or just send the 24. If they made all tv's at 120 refresh, they would handle all signals fine. Why create a problem, then create another problem trying to fix the first problem?

its the one under motion, used to be called motionflow impulse in the older bravia. With the new set, you have to turn off smooth and max out clear in order to active the same motionflow impulse from the older bravia. Its very similar to lightboost on those pc mon, except it works with 60fps where PC mons which require you to hit 60+fps for backlight strobing I am not sure. I does dim the screen but not enough that I would call it too dark; definitely a nice addition. I have tested playing some games myself, especially those one that is very sensitive to input lag like 30hz music game; if it does increase input lag then it must be low enough that I don't notice. With it on, picture stays as very sharp when I pan camera around which is what they describe as "crt" like.
post #260 of 1424 Old 09-13-2016, 12:22 AM

Quote:
You can't have smooth and clear on at the same time. You have to pick smooth or clear. Clear is definitely the best of the motionflow setting but it does dim. I dont want any fake frames, even if they are just black ones. If you played a fighting game at my house you would INSTANTLY feel the lag...PUNISHED!!!
played a bit of GG Xrd, very responsive in game mode with motion clear set to max. But then also understand I used to game on a LG that is much worse when it comes to input lag.
post #261 of 1424 Old 09-13-2016, 06:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6420 Post(s)
Liked: 6408
Quote:
Originally Posted by csun213 View Post
What company said that? Sounds like a bait and switch to me. If their are indeed two different types of panels they are both Sony approved.
post #262 of 1424 Old 09-13-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I had an LG too. In game or movie presets they had everything off by default. The lag wasn't that bad on it either. You have to turn off all the processing which they did by default (it's a cumulative effect). Edge Enhancer is the worst for noise and lag. Motion stuff is kinda like edge enhancer. If you get used to it on, it looks burry with it off. If you can get used to both edge enhancer and motion stuff off, its best for gaming AND watching movies. It's not natural. SOE looks super fake and creates weird looking artifacts. A 120 refresh isn't that blurry. It's looks less blurry than the LG with their motion stuff on (they said it was on low) and it has less noise. Try to become used to default Custom. I think you will like it. You might have a problem with the color temp being all extra warm but that is also in the same boat. If you get used to it, the rest looks wrong.
yeah, agree, I used to own the a samsung HDTV, and that POS doesn't even allow you to turn off its DNe, so everything looks like ass, I don't even understand how reviewers can even rate the tv a good tv. Whenever I get a new TV, I always turn off all any sort of noise filter or edge enhancement . They only thing I rely on is my own preference of brightness and contrast, I may set color to warm 1 if there is that setting available, and that is all. This is the first bravia tv that I have ever bought and I used to hear story about the w900a and all its features; the one that stood out is the motionflow impulse that I always wanted to try. With the x850D, I can say that I am not disappointed, thing looks very good for fast motion images, when I play games on my LG, all the micro detail seems to fade out as people describe as ghosting. No matter what setting I tweak. I am sure other brand probably have similar motionflow impulse by now, but this is the first time I see it in person.

Quote:
When you say "CRT like", I want to explain why it's not even close. I owned a smaller size KV model Sony Trinitron Wega. It was the best TV ever conceived by man. The don't make TV's like that anymore. I believe it is because of two reasons.

The first reason is the money. Nobody cares about quality, only about the price. If you are looking for the cheapest TV, that is exactly what you are going to get. The makers of TV's only care about the profits and not the quality of the product. There is no quality control. Why scrap a TV when you can sell it to somebody who doesn't care or won't notice the difference? Why spend the time and money getting a TV calibrated properly and error free when most can't even tell the difference? It is not profitable to make a good TV. No point in building them to last either. They are just going to get thrown out when a new color comes out.

The other reason is the participation generation. Everyone gets a trophy. Everyone is showered with compliments, even in failure. You don't have to try to be the best when you are constantly told you are. You can't say anything to anyone because they can't handle it. They become offended and act like you have the problem. Too busy justifying who they are and what they believe in instead of trying to do what's best for all. How do you get somebody like that to do their very best?

I have been playing games since the very beginning. I played on the original Pong cabinet. I went to the arcades in the malls. I miss them. I have owned every console and every handheld Nintendo has ever put out. I've played all the Sony, Sega and X-Box consoles. I game on PC. I will be gaming until my hands turn into grotesque claws from carpel tunnel and then I WILL USE MY FEET MAN! Needless to say, my son was raised with games. When he was a baby I set him beside me and placed the other controller in his hand while I would play. He would just chew and slobber on it (it could handle it). It didn't take long for him to start trying to figure out what it was. He would press the buttons like I was doing. My wife said, "LOOK, he's kicking!". I told her he didn't know what he's doing but now I'm not so sure. She told me to let him kick me so I did. That was the last time I EVER let him do anything to me in a game again. I then preceded to COMPLETELY body him, LOL. He was completely overwhelmed. It didn't take long for him to figure out what was going on. It was around age 5 that he started to become good. So good in fact, that he would beat all my friends at everything, at age 5. Not just beat them, toy with them while doing so. I don't know when it happened, but at some point, I no longer could beat him...EVER. I tried to become better but he would make adjustment so quickly, always one step ahead. I am now the one who is completely overwhelmed. He plays all games on max difficulty. It's insane how hard they make these game that he is beating, easily. Some of the difficulties are literally called insane. The only place he finds competition now is at gaming tournaments. He is next level.

I'm not saying be obsessed with being flawless, just try to be the best. It's OK to fail. 99 failures and 1 success is a success. Nobody is perfect, to err is human. Sometimes the error becomes the evolution. Sometimes failing is the best part. Navi says, "HEY LISTEN!" : www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TwT69i1lU.
cool story bro... any way, the reason why they describe it as CRT like is because of the ghosting on modern HDTV, its the behavior when motionflow is turn on that is similar to what crt used to do. No one is claiming the tv turn into a crt.

anyone can someone that hook up their pc with gefroce to the tv do me a favor. Does the nvdia control panel says 1080p is the native res for the x850D?

Last edited by Gitaroo; 09-13-2016 at 06:36 PM.
post #263 of 1424 Old 09-14-2016, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:

anyone can someone that hook up their pc with gefroce to the tv do me a favor. Does the nvdia control panel says 1080p is the native res for the x850D?
YES

1080P native.

Might be a bug.
post #264 of 1424 Old 09-14-2016, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Did anyone look into ways they *know* reduces input lag while using HDR mode?
I am bit worried with playstation pro on horizon.
post #265 of 1424 Old 09-14-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqzitara View Post
Me too rtings just posted the input lag at 93.6ms. This is a complete dealbreaker. I'm talking with Sony tonight about a firmware update or getting rid of this tv.
post #266 of 1424 Old 09-14-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Me too rtings just posted the input lag at 93.6ms. This is a complete dealbreaker. I'm talking with Sony tonight about a firmware update or getting rid of this tv.
Spoke with support and they were clueless. There is a bit of hope as the x800d works just fine. They couldn't tell me anything about upcoming firmware. Don't really want to go tv shopping again.
post #267 of 1424 Old 09-14-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Sony, if you are reading this, PLEASE do not send an update making this TV native 4K. Most video games, tv shows, and movies are in 1080. It would be SUPER bad if everything tried to display in 4K by default. I prefer it switching to 4K and HDR when it is detected.

For those of you who are going to post what native resolution are: I know this tv is 4K and it's supposed to be "native" 4K but when it shows "native" 1080p, it will display that first NOT 4K. I want it to do the most common resolution first. All my stuff sends 1080, most stuff does.

Did you guys notice what HD did to SD? Do you want this TV to do that to basically all the content sent to it?
the hell are you talking about? every HDTV will automatically scale any supported source to fill the screen regardless of what resolution you are feeding it. Just because you press dislay and it says 720p, 480i, 1080i, or 1080p the image is still being scale to fill the screen based on which "wide mode" you choose, in this case 4K. Scaler is ALWAYS on unless the tv support 1:1 pixel mapping then you get a giant black border around any source lower than 4k. What I asked wasn't even related to what your games or anything else beside nVidia Geforce GPU scaling being messed up because the GPU is probably not picking up the right info from the TV.
post #268 of 1424 Old 09-14-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Why are you letting rtings tell you what your tv is doing? Use it and decide for yourself.

If you are experiencing lag, turn off the stuff that is causing it. The least processing is preferred. That's why game modes have everything off by default. We "know" this. It's been verified by the makers of tv and those of us who use them to game.

If you have ever gamed online you would know that 93.6ms latency/lag is very playable. Please don't read a number on a website then freak out. Use your tv.

EDIT: My son disagrees with me on what a playable ping is. He considers 0 ping to be the only playable ping (he laughs). Our ping is 20 to the ISP servers. It's usually under 100 to websites. He says Overwatch is getting 40. They must have servers close to us. He says thats OK. I trust his feel for it. His execution is WAY better than mine. One more edit: He also says there are zero playable online fighting games, any lag is bad for them. One last edit lol: We game on this tv and lag isn't an issue. It's on default custom and not HDR though.
I get what your saying. The x800d works fine. So in assuming Sony will fix this, but we don't really know what it's going to do. Rtings also tested 4K 60 no HDR and it was 57ms lag, somewhat acceptable, so that tells me that I would need to keep the ps4 pro in 1080 to make it work like it does now in the lag department. If they can't fix it I'm selling this tv because it negates the reason I purchased it. I bought it for Scorpio and ps4 pro and right now it's not going to work with either of them let alone the Xbox one s with HDR, at it sends a 4k hdr signal to the tv.

Last edited by dethpuck; 09-14-2016 at 09:04 PM. Reason: grammar/correction to information
post #269 of 1424 Old 09-14-2016, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
The problem is everything adds up.
Your saying its fine for 1080P gaming outside of gaming mode which you are probably right. The problem is that it is extremely HIGH with HDR + 4K. Which is now going to be the big thing for a lot of people who including myself bought this thing for. I just literally bought mine a few days and now people are reporting its high. There is literally nothing I can do since I bought it online and the fees would be crazy.

Your posting your settings but you havent actually tested it with any video game that uses HDR. Most of us wont be able to test these settings till November when HDR video game console comes out. So we are kind of sitting on a time bomb that we really need to push sony to fix.

4k @ 60Hz + HDR : 93.6 ms according to rtings.

Below 50 is fine. 75 is fine for most people.... 93.6 is bonkers. Even disabling certain things will probably not fix that and it requires a lot of testing to find minimal changes.

We need people to report this to sony. WE NEED FIRMWARE.

Last edited by eqzitara; 09-14-2016 at 09:31 PM.
post #270 of 1424 Old 09-14-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
The problem is everything adds up.
Your saying its fine for 1080P gaming outside of gaming mode which you are probably right. The problem is that it is extremely HIGH with HDR + 4K which is now going to be the big thing for a lot of people who including myself bought this thing for. I just literally bought mine a few days and now people are reporting its high. There is literally nothing I can do since I bought it online and the fees would be crazy.

Your posting your settings but you havent actually tested it with any video game that uses HDR.

4k @ 60Hz + HDR : 93.6 ms according to rtings.

Below 50 is fine. 75 is fine for most people.... 93.6 is bonkers. Even disabling certain things will probably not fix that and it requires a lot of testing to find minimal changes.

We need people to report this to sony. WE NEED FIRMWARE.
I asked the person I talked to today at sony, to put send it to her supervisor. I'm hoping since the x800d the cheaper model is fine, that they will update the firmware on this model. I can't imagine that Sony would allow their own tv's to be this borked. Especially considering that the cheaper model doesn't have this flaw. With 1080 like you said this tv is fine, but when it comes to HDR all bets are off.the pro system is so new alot of people don't even know what it is. so many people with expensive tvs are gonna be really pissed off when they realize their 4k tvs aren't able to utilize the new consoles, even the 2016 models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
connect:amp , receiver , speaker:sound , television:setup , XBR-X850D

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page