Official 2016 Sony XBR75 X940D Owners thread: no price talk - Page 168 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17146Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5011 of 13204 Old 10-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
paligap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 56
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I came from a 60 inch Samsung 8500, and I'm more than pleased. Your Samsung glasses won't work with the Sony.

Sony XBR-75X940D
Oppo BDP-103D
Denon X4200W
Custom UFW-15 (2)
Rocket RS850 (2), Rocket Bigfoot Center, Rocket RSS300 (2), Rocket RS250MKII (4)
paligap is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5012 of 13204 Old 10-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Senior Member
 
LarryMagoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brentwood, Northern California
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticos View Post
No, thank YOU for that avatar.
That is the gorgeous Abigail Ratchford (google her). She is smoking' hot!

Sony XBR75X940D | Marantz AV8801 | SunFire Cinema Grand 5-Chan. | 5.2 system w/ 5 Monitor Audio Gold 2 Velodyne HGS 12's | Oppo BDP 105 | MAC Mini for Streaming, View on the XBR | Harmony Ultimate Remote | DDRC-88A| Comcast Internet 90Mb's | 2 Dedicated 20 AMP circuits. | Apple TV4 | Cans: Sennheiser HD 650 + Sennheiser HD 800S | Oppo HA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, Fed with my Schiit Yggdrasil DAC |
LarryMagoo is offline  
post #5013 of 13204 Old 10-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Excessive motion blur

I know that motion blur can be subjective, but I am having a hard time watching animated shows (Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, etc.) because of the motion blur from the 940D. I have tried most of the recommendations in this thread but cannot get anything near acceptable settings.

The blur is most annoying when there is a black line against a solid background, and extremely evident with white on black. I only have a few days left to return this so I am requesting help confirming if this is just a defective unit, meaning exchange, or if this is common with the 940D. Please test with the following videos:

Moving Dot Test

Moving Text Test

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by cbvy; 10-05-2016 at 06:21 PM.
cbvy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5014 of 13204 Old 10-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbvy View Post
I know that motion blur can be subjective, but I am having a hard time watching animated shows (Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, etc.) because of the motion blur from the 940D. I have tried most of the recommendations in this thread but cannot get anything near acceptable settings.

The blur is most annoying when there is a black line against a solid background, and extremely evident with white on black. I only have a few days left to return this so I am requesting help confirming if this is just a defective unit, meaning exchange, or if this is common with the 940D. Please test with the following video:

Moving Text Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adyw8cBU-1I

Moving Dot Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkWE94l-txI

Thanks for the help!
Videos of the results on my 940D:

Moving Text

Moving Dot

Last edited by cbvy; 10-05-2016 at 06:21 PM.
cbvy is offline  
post #5015 of 13204 Old 10-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jason Priestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Yup. It's pretty unacceptable. I received this TV last Thursday and see this exact issue. I've never seen this much trailing on an LCD before. I'm truly undecided what to do here. Basically my only other 75" options will cost me 2x more and this is still early in the adoption of HDR so who knows how future proofed I am at this point.

Here is my link to the same videos (I guess they did a dot one) and then I pan over to my 2011 MacBook.

Jason Priestley is offline  
post #5016 of 13204 Old 10-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jason Priestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
And here is a real world example. This was taken from Amazon Prime's show Transparent season 2, episode 1. Notice how as one character walks from the left to the right, you can see a ghost of the people behind him (notably the African American's short hair on his shoulder and the young boy's hair on his chest). It happens quickly but I see examples of this at least once a day since last Thursday when I received it.

Jason Priestley is offline  
post #5017 of 13204 Old 10-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Priestley View Post
And here is a real world example. This was taken from Amazon Prime's show Transparent season 2, episode 1. Notice how as one character walks from the left to the right, you can see a ghost of the people behind him (notably the African American's short hair on his shoulder and the young boy's hair on his chest). It happens quickly but I see examples of this at least once a day since last Thursday when I received it.
Thank you for testing this and confirming, I see this quite often and in a wide range of programming and each time it destroys the experience.
cbvy is offline  
post #5018 of 13204 Old 10-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Senior Member
 
devilbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Is the ghosting or smearing issue related to the response rate?

devilbones is offline  
post #5019 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Member
 
krypttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
Is the ghosting or smearing issue related to the response rate?
I "think" it's a result of the backlight response rate, not the individual pixels. My understanding is that these units use a different backlight technology than other manufacturers. I'm sure there are those with better technical info than I on these boards that could clarify...

All I know is that I do see it, but only in high contrast scenes (moving black on white). I would buy something else if there were anything else comparable in this price range but I don't want to lose the FALD and HDR. This TV is fantastic for 97% of the content I watch. Unfortunately, this smearing issue is really distracting once you notice it.

I have to wonder if this problem could be minimized with a firmware update--although I recall reading on the Vizio forms that some of their sets that use the same panel have exhibited similar issues--so probably not.
krypttic is offline  
post #5020 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 12:10 AM
Member
 
krypttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbvy View Post
I know that motion blur can be subjective, but I am having a hard time watching animated shows (Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, etc.) because of the motion blur from the 940D. I have tried most of the recommendations in this thread but cannot get anything near acceptable settings.

The blur is most annoying when there is a black line against a solid background, and extremely evident with white on black. I only have a few days left to return this so I am requesting help confirming if this is just a defective unit, meaning exchange, or if this is common with the 940D. Please test with the following video:

youtube.com/watch?v=Adyw8cBU-1I

Thanks for the help!
Yeah, I don't think this is motion blur. This is the "smearing" or "ghosting" issue that we've been talking about. You'll only see it in high-contrast scenes (moving black on white).
krypttic is offline  
post #5021 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 01:19 AM
Senior Member
 
devilbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Priestley View Post
And here is a real world example. This was taken from Amazon Prime's show Transparent season 2, episode 1. Notice how as one character walks from the left to the right, you can see a ghost of the people behind him (notably the African American's short hair on his shoulder and the young boy's hair on his chest). It happens quickly but I see examples of this at least once a day since last Thursday when I received it.

[url="https://www.youtube.coAcI[/url]
Stupid question, but do you have all of the image enhancements turned off?

devilbones is offline  
post #5022 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 04:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jason Priestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I also thought of that. In the videos that you see the motion is set to true cinema at 3/2 and cinemotion is set to high. I've turned it off and tried various permutations of true cinema and the trails are evident. Turning it completely off actually makes the trails even more discrete/defined.
Jason Priestley is offline  
post #5023 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 05:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jason Priestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
This is really frustrating to me. I basically can live with all the other flaws of the tv as the picture is pretty outstanding. In some cases it looks better than my zt60 and pio elite Kuro. But how Sony can release a product with such a flaw and charge what it does seems unacceptable. My cheapo 2007 42" samsung LCD does not exhibit this issue. I feel like I'm being forced to buy their z9d at this point and that tv's cost seems irresponsible especially when you factor in the depreciation curve on tv's.
Jason Priestley is offline  
post #5024 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 07:51 AM
Member
 
kgraf18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by dario888 View Post
my TV will be delivered tomorrow.
I own over 20 3D movies.
How is 3D performance on this set?
Anyone tried it yet?
Little perturbed with the offerings, I buy 4k and in some cases if i want 3d then have to buy 3d blu ray so right now haven't done that much. Not many 4k that also have 3d bluray included and yeah I know 3d is half in the grave again.... lol. It's a preference I do enjoy.

I have watched several 3d, last one was Ant man.
I feel my ZT60s are better at 3d. My eyes feel little more drained after watching it on the x940d. I might add that i watched it back to back (x940d first, then ZT, then compared a few scenes). I did this for at least 1 other movie. Long nights when i get the TV time to myself.
Of course the x940d is brighter in 3d but brightness has never been buying point for me. I think the colors look better also but that could be partly due to the brightness.
One thing i didn't try was using the panny bluray player on the x940d. I own the Sammy 4k player for the x940d.
Also while the glasses from the ZT seemed to work i bought a pair of Sonys from BB and that helped a lot.

I must admit I notice more subtle things (flaws probably) now on my ZT60s than i did prior to owning this beast of a TV x940d. Of course no TV is perfect, kinda like spouses. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
kgraf18 is offline  
post #5025 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Priestley View Post
...My cheapo 2007 42" samsung LCD does not exhibit this issue....
This is exactly my problem, except I think 2006 and it is a 55" Samsung. No motion issues whatsoever on the old one, so I noticed this right away and can only wonder how we are moving backward in quality.
cbvy is offline  
post #5026 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
Stupid question, but do you have all of the image enhancements turned off?
Yup, I ran both of these videos under multiple versions of tweaked settings over the course of several days. I am far too familiar with the action menu now
cbvy is offline  
post #5027 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Member
 
nj1420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Has anyone reporting this smearing issue to Sony?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nj1420 is online now  
post #5028 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Newbie
 
Abomination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Smearing-ghosting-dark corners

I purchased my 940D back in early august and was worried because as soon as i placed my order i started seeing post of smearing and ghosting in this thread. But i got the tv and started looking for it, even playing some of the youtube videos people have said they see it in and dvr some commercials they saw it in and i have seen nothing at all. I dont know if this is like the rainbow issues with DLP as i never saw them but i had friends over that would notice the rainbows on my tv, so mabye its an individual thing. When it comes to dark corners i have one in the top right corner, but the other 3 corners are perfect and i am thinking of loosening the screws at that corner because my previous sony tv had dark corners and a friend at the time was a tv repair man and he told me some manufactures over tighten the corners of sets and can cause issues. so i loosened them on my previous sony and the darkness went away. I havent checked though if its possible on this tv.
gwsat and Boirathor like this.
Abomination is offline  
post #5029 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
I purchased my 940D back in early august and was worried because as soon as i placed my order i started seeing post of smearing and ghosting in this thread. But i got the tv and started looking for it, even playing some of the youtube videos people have said they see it in and dvr some commercials they saw it in and i have seen nothing at all. I dont know if this is like the rainbow issues with DLP as i never saw them but i had friends over that would notice the rainbows on my tv, so mabye its an individual thing. When it comes to dark corners i have one in the top right corner, but the other 3 corners are perfect and i am thinking of loosening the screws at that corner because my previous sony tv had dark corners and a friend at the time was a tv repair man and he told me some manufactures over tighten the corners of sets and can cause issues. so i loosened them on my previous sony and the darkness went away. I havent checked though if its possible on this tv.
Can you give the moving dot video above a shot on your TV?
cbvy is offline  
post #5030 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 07:26 PM
** Man of Leisure **
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 21,012
Mentioned: 402 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11409 Post(s)
Liked: 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbvy View Post
Can you give the moving dot video above a shot on your TV?

Give it a rest and let the guy enjoy his new TV.
hobojoe, gwsat, djoberg and 1 others like this.
AustinJerry is online now  
post #5031 of 13204 Old 10-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jason Priestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well, I just watched Cap America Civil War. I think I have to return the set. Basically every shot during the airport fight scene had some evidence of smearing for me. So bummed too because I think other than that (and some dark corners/screen uniformity and those are forgivable), this set looks fantastic. I'm really bummed out by this.
Jason Priestley is offline  
post #5032 of 13204 Old 10-06-2016, 12:50 AM
All That Jazz
 
Bob Fosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Everwood
Posts: 1,115
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Priestley View Post
Well, I just watched Cap America Civil War. I think I have to return the set. Basically every shot during the airport fight scene had some evidence of smearing for me. So bummed too because I think other than that (and some dark corners/screen uniformity and those are forgivable), this uset looks fantastic. I'm really bummed out by this.
Are you sure that it isn't the source causing the problem or maybe settings in one or more of your components exacerbating it?

A/V SYSTEM: Sony A9G 77” (main), Sony A9F 65”, Sony A8G 65”, Anthem 525, Anthem AVM 60, ProAc D80 L+R, ProAc Response CC, AT surrounds, JL112E, Oppo 203 103 83, TiVo Bolt, Apple 4KTV, Shunyata Triton 3/Denali v2, Auralex room tx, black out curtains. 2 CHANNEL STEREO: Aurender N10, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DS DACs, PS Audio DMP SACD transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20 amp, Sonus Faber Amati Futura speakers.
Bob Fosse is offline  
post #5033 of 13204 Old 10-06-2016, 02:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MCaugusto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BOSTON --- MA ---
Posts: 1,787
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 357
It is my understanding the FALD system used in the XBR75-X940D is a configuration of 12 horizontal columns plus 8 vertical rows of LEDs for a total of 96 separately dimmable zones but does anyone have an idea of the total number of individual LEDs used for the whole system ?

I imagine when people are referring to a "zone of LEDs" in a FALD system it means more than a single LED with a minimum of two LEDs per zone but preferably at least 4 LEDs ? Otherwise why call it a "zone" if it only consist of a single LED ?

Or am i to understand the total number of LEDs used for backlight for that huge screen of the X940D's is only a total of 96 LEDs ?
MCaugusto is offline  
post #5034 of 13204 Old 10-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Senior Member
 
salavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Priestley View Post
This is really frustrating to me. I basically can live with all the other flaws of the tv as the picture is pretty outstanding. In some cases it looks better than my zt60 and pio elite Kuro. But how Sony can release a product with such a flaw and charge what it does seems unacceptable. My cheapo 2007 42" samsung LCD does not exhibit this issue. I feel like I'm being forced to buy their z9d at this point and that tv's cost seems irresponsible especially when you factor in the depreciation curve on tv's.
Fwiw, I completely echo your comments on current pricing of z9 vs 940 and relative differences. That plus your earlier comment re: nothing is really future proof right now wrt hdr is exactly how i feel. These were the reasons I cancelled my z9 order. I had worked out a replacement of my 940 with Z9 with my dealer, but ultimately backed out of the transaction.

Waiting to see how next year looks and see if hdr progresses any.
salavs is offline  
post #5035 of 13204 Old 10-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Anyone know if the XBR940D supports xvYCC or Extended-gamut YCC (AKA x.v.Color) ? This is (supposedly) an improvement on regular, 2D blu-rays that allowed remastered content to support extended color gamut. Sony released a handful of titles that were noted as "Mastered in 4k".

I didn't see any mention of this feature in the users manual or any of the online reviews.

Last edited by hollandjw; 10-06-2016 at 07:44 AM.
hollandjw is offline  
post #5036 of 13204 Old 10-06-2016, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluemoon737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 3,725
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollandjw View Post
Anyone know if the XBR940D supports xvYCC or Extended-gamut YCC (AKA x.v.Color) ? This is (supposedly) an improvement on regular, 2D blu-rays that allowed remastered content to support extended color gamut. Sony released a handful of titles that were noted as "Mastered in 4k".

I didn't see any mention of this feature in the users manual or any of the online reviews.
Not sure frankly, but probably is. The bottom line however is that only a handful of disks (all Sony releases) were ever released in "Mastered in 4K" format and most (if not all) are now available in UHD BD so there would be no benefit (other than cost I suppose) to buying the Mastered in 4K version. The Mastered in 4K thing was a Sony stopgap until the UHD BD specs were finalized so it's pretty much a dead format (only slightly more viable than the never used deep color).

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
bluemoon737 is offline  
post #5037 of 13204 Old 10-06-2016, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jason Priestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fosse View Post
Are you sure that it isn't the source causing the problem or maybe settings in one or more of your components exacerbating it?


I will try going direct again tonight into the TV (but I believe I saw it even using native apps). But right now the only "middle-man" is the Denon X6200. I see the ghosting on 3 separate devices: DVR, Apple TV, Xbox One S.


In settings I see it when in motion I have set it to off and true cinema.


The other person on this thread who posted the initial moving dot video shows results identical to mine. Do we have defective sets or is this just how the TV set was designed?
Boirathor likes this.
Jason Priestley is offline  
post #5038 of 13204 Old 10-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Member
 
Doogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just an update on the issue I was having with DirecTV content not being sharp. I had DirecTV update my system for 4K. They moved my HR54 to the bedroom TV and they placed a 4K Genie Mini on the 940d. The difference in sharpness is night and day. The receiver settings, as well as AustinJerry's TV settings, are identical with the 4K Mini as they were with the HR54, but the picture is fantastic with the "regular" 1080i and 720p content. The 4K is amazing, as expected. Perhaps there is an issue with my HR54, but I'm not concerned as the bedroom TV is a very old CRT.
Bigmoviefan likes this.
Doogle is offline  
post #5039 of 13204 Old 10-06-2016, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bigmoviefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,548
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Priestley View Post
I will try going direct again tonight into the TV (but I believe I saw it even using native apps). But right now the only "middle-man" is the Denon X6200. I see the ghosting on 3 separate devices: DVR, Apple TV, Xbox One S.


In settings I see it when in motion I have set it to off and true cinema.


The other person on this thread who posted the initial moving dot video shows results identical to mine. Do we have defective sets or is this just how the TV set was designed?
you are unhappy with the set, get a refund and buy something different or wait another year to see what else comes out! I don't see the issues you do and I am not going to go looking for them. So get that refund!
gwsat and djoberg like this.
Bigmoviefan is offline  
post #5040 of 13204 Old 10-06-2016, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,749
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6770 Post(s)
Liked: 6776
Quote:
Originally Posted by salavs View Post
Fwiw, I completely echo your comments on current pricing of z9 vs 940 and relative differences. That plus your earlier comment re: nothing is really future proof right now wrt hdr is exactly how i feel. These were the reasons I cancelled my z9 order. I had worked out a replacement of my 940 with Z9 with my dealer, but ultimately backed out of the transaction.
That is the choice I would have made
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
3d-glasses , paring , x940d

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off