Official 2016 Sony XBR75 X940D Owners thread: no price talk - Page 197 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17146Likes

post #5881 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I too have a 940D and TiVo Bolt. I use the 940D's Amazon and Netflix apps and use the 940D's ARC connection to my receiver for audio. That way I am able to always see 4K transmissions in 4K. As I understand the issue, the Bolt's Netflix, and maybe Amazon, apps will not pass 4K.
Thanks GWSAT. I'll check that. I was intending to use an optical cable for the audio. Bad idea?
As for the video, when you use the TV's amazon app, and put on a 4k video, and hit "display" the TV tells you that it's something other than 1080?

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5882 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigmater View Post
I have to say that all times of the restarts that I had happened it was during some actions that I did like I described above and never with colered pixels or similar, it just black screen and restart.
I changed outlet and hoping for good.

Is there other users that experience same ?
I hope that with new firmware update the issue will be fixed.
OK, not the same. I was doing nothing but watching the TV...flash of pixelated colors, then solid green, then off and reboot.
post #5883 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I was just wondering if anyone here can provide a few links to reviews of the 940D? I can't seem to find anything of note other than sites like Best Buy, Amazon, ETC.
Also, moving to the Sony from the Vizio P75. Everyone I talked to said its quite a dramatic difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5884 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 4477 Post(s)
Liked: 5830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Romanowsky View Post
Thanks GWSAT. I'll check that. I was intending to use an optical cable for the audio. Bad idea?
As for the video, when you use the TV's amazon app, and put on a 4k video, and hit "display" the TV tells you that it's something other than 1080?

Thanks again.
An optical connection from the 940D to your receiver should work just fine. Good luck! Hope you end up enjoying your 940D as much as I have mine.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
post #5885 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 04:30 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 404 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11418 Post(s)
Liked: 6755
Quote:
Originally Posted by W Statman View Post
OK, not the same. I was doing nothing but watching the TV...flash of pixelated colors, then solid green, then off and reboot.
My theory is that reboots happen when the display, or Android, receives data it can't process correctly. This could happen with a burst of digital static on a satellite or cable transmission, a glitch in a HDMI handshake, a network anomaly, etc. IOW, if Android can't figure it out, it pukes, forcing a reboot to restore order. It happens so quickly, and so occasionally, that I have never considered it a serious issue.

The flash of pixelated colors offers a clue that may support my theory.
post #5886 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 04:32 PM

Liked: 18
So I just got my TV. My first impressions (I still have my 65 inch Panasonic Vt50 since Magnolia(Best Buy) decided to let me keep my set even though they gave me full credit on the price under warranty).
1. After reading all the smear test scares, I decided not to look for it. I want to see if I notice it in live action.
2. The black levels out of the box in any mode was just bad. The black levels were horrendous in any mode. I was beginning to regret not getting the OLED 65 inch.
3. A lot of shimmering in many modes when I was rewatching my DVR recordings of NFL games.
4. Then I used AustinJerry's settings in Custom mode. MUCH BETTER. The black levels are finally acceptable even if it is unrealistic to expect them to match the VT50 plasma. However, I lost some pop from the picture. Trying to figure out how to do do that without killing the black levels. I used to like THX Bright Room in my Plasma because I work in my living room while watching TV. So no dark room for me. Was hoping for something equivalent in the SONY modes where I get a bright picture but get good black levels too.
5. THE REMOTE CONTROL IS A PIECE OF CRAP. Frequently , i hit the Action Menu accidentally when intending to click on the up arrow to navigate. There is no direct navigation to settings??? I have to scroll down all those apps after clicking on HOME? The menus are clunky to navigate through. why should I lose picture when I click on HOME? Until I navigate all the way to adjust the settings, I am without picture. Mediocre user interface feels worse with a terrible remote.
6. SD Channels look fine. So decent upconversion.
7. Predictably, viewing angles are limited compared to plasma and OLEDs. So I can't complain as I knew about this. My guests can sit to the side as they are not that discerning with picture quality. I have a long narrow type room. So that should mitigate the viewing angle issue.
8. The glossy reflection was not as bad as I feared. Not as good as the Panasonic VT50 in reducing that refelection, but decent enough.

My verdict so far: My 4 year old Plasma with a thin horizontal line in the bottom third of the screen still pleases my eyes better. Especially when you are watching 1080p. Too bad the tech is dead. should I have just not succumbed to size and gone with the 65 inch OLED? I haven't tested HDR yet. So maybe I start to feel better about the set once i test HDR. I know this for sure. This is the last LED set I am buying in this price range. It's OK for 3,999. But I don't know how people can love this set when they paid 6K for it not too long ago.

Last edited by mantar; 11-22-2016 at 05:23 PM.
post #5887 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked: 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantar View Post
The black levels are finally acceptable even if it is unrealistic to expect them to match the VT50 plasma.

My verdict so far: Plasma is still better. Especially when you are watching 1080p. Too bad it;s dead. should I have just not succumbed to size and gone with the 65 inch OLED? I haven't tested HDR yet. So we shall see how I feel about this.
If you've read any of my posts where I comment on black levels and how they compare with my former Pioneer KURO Elite, you will have seen that I believe THE BLACKS ARE BETTER ON THE 940D! I have not seen the VT50, but I have to believe the blacks can't be much better than the blacks on my KURO. So, I'm confused by your analysis. And I'm sure other former plasma owners who have posted here are confused too!
gwsat likes this.

LG OLED 77C8...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...LG UHD UBK90 (Dolby Vision BDP)...Philips UHD BDP-7501...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Roku Premiere Plus...Harmony One

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
post #5888 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx77 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone here can provide a few links to reviews of the 940D?
Here is one of my favorite reviews by a highly-respected reviewer:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...U5veNSOaS-a3oQ

LG OLED 77C8...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...LG UHD UBK90 (Dolby Vision BDP)...Philips UHD BDP-7501...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Roku Premiere Plus...Harmony One

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
post #5889 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post
If you've read any of my posts where I comment on black levels and how they compare with my former Pioneer KURO Elite, you will have seen that I believe THE BLACKS ARE BETTER ON THE 940D! I have not seen the VT50, but I have to believe the blacks can't be much better than the blacks on my KURO. So, I'm confused by your analysis. And I'm sure other former plasma owners who have posted here are confused too!
Actually does it take a little bit time for the set to warm up??? Now the colors seem to be a tad richer a couple of hours later. The black levels are pretty good now. Better than I initially assessed. Not as great as you experienced compared to your Kuro. And yes, my panasonic probably didnt have better blacks than your Kuro, so kind of interesting that i perceive my panasonic as being slightly better in that regard. Maybe, I need to figure out how to get better contrast on the set to get a little pop in the picture to make me feel better about the picture?

Uniformity is meh. I got 4 darker corners compared to the rest of the screen. Is that normal? If the price goes down another 300 or so(I got it at 3999 minus the 2500 credit for my panasonic warranty coverage), maybe i will feel better about the set.
post #5890 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Actually does it take a little bit time for the set to warm up??? Now the colors seem to be a tad richer a couple of hours later. The black levels are pretty good now. Better than I initially assessed. Not as great as you experienced compared to your Kuro. And yes, my panasonic probably didnt have better blacks than your Kuro, so kind of interesting that i perceive my panasonic as being slightly better in that regard. Maybe, I need to figure out how to get better contrast on the set to get a little pop in the picture to make me feel better about the picture?

Uniformity is meh. I got 4 darker corners compared to the rest of the screen. Is that normal? If the price goes down another 300 or so(I got it at 3999 minus the 2500 credit for my panasonic warranty coverage), maybe i will feel better about the set.
First of all, the PQ does get better as it "breaks in." Glad to see that you're already noticing some difference, but you should still be amazed at the black levels from the outset (especially watching Blu-rays, 1080P and especially 4K) using AustinJerry's settings.

I too have the "dark corners," but with most content you don't even see them. When I can see them, I really have to focus on them to be distracted.

Last edited by djoberg; 11-22-2016 at 07:10 PM.
post #5891 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Guys can you recommend good modem router combo , price range 100-200. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5892 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
3D and Idle TV Standby issues:

1. The 3D from a DVD stopped working a month ago (the glasses would only see the double vision) and Sony had me reset (re-boot?) and it was corrected. A few days ago, the 3D on a 3D from a DVD would go on and off and about ten second intervals. Both my wife and me saw the issue on our separate Sony 3D glasses. I confirmed the issue by switching to 3D from YouTube. Same issue with the ten second alternation of it working. So I shut the TV off and pulled the AC plug and then restored power so it rebooted. everything OK. What's going on? Is the TV or software failing. Hardware issue?

2. Two weeks ago then a week ago and then today, I get this message on the screen, "Idle TV Standby. TV will turn off soon due to idle TV standby. To continue watching TV, press a button on the remote control." Each time I could hit a random remote button and that would reset the display. What's going on? Is the TV or software failing. Hardware issue?
post #5893 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 09:03 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanKL View Post

2. Two weeks ago then a week ago and then today, I get this message on the screen, "Idle TV Standby. TV will turn off soon due to idle TV standby. To continue watching TV, press a button on the remote control." Each time I could hit a random remote button and that would reset the display. What's going on? Is the TV or software failing. Hardware issue?
In Settings, go to Power, then Eco, and turn Idle TV Standby to Off.
post #5894 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I am loving my 940D but have an issue with my Panasonic DMP-UB900 running 4K/60P. I have a more detailed post on the player thread but I though perhaps a 940D user might have some input.

The player does a 4K/60P test and my set passes at 4:4:4 and things are fine for a bit. Then the menu starts blinking out and then today it actually blacked out. I had to force 4K/60P off Now discs play fine because for now I have 24P set to play movies in 24p which overrides that setting.

Not sure if I have a player issue or a compatibility issue. I am using an HDMI Monster Ultra HD Black Premium cable that is 120hz and 16bit color rated. So I don't think it is my cable although it is 16 ft long? I have the HDMI input set to enhanced. I originally had it on input 1 but now 2 but I know all 4 of our inputs can be set to enhanced so that should not matter. I just kept picking the player vs. Satellite as it was at the top

Anyway, don't want to go off on the player on this thread. Just looking for thoughts for those that might have married the Panasonic player to their 940D and did they have issues or is it working fine.

Thanks,
BJBBJB
post #5895 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 09:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Well my baby is finally dying, after 2 years in this world. My electronic baby, my XBR65X900A, that is. Dark horizontal lines. Barely noticeable on most material but still there. So I guess that's what I got the extended warranty for. Best Buy was good, an gave me a credit for the closest Sony set out there, the 65XBR930D.
I decided to pay the difference and go for the XBR75X940D instead. I have to wait until December 9th for delivery, so I'm reading up on the forums, which might be a bad thing. I'm a videophile and notice when something in the picture isn't right. They didn't have a set on display anywhere in my city, so I'm buying based on reviews. The problem is, none of the reviews mentioned this "smearing effect". If I'm picky when it comes to my picture quality, is it a deal-breaker? My other option is to go with a 65" OLED but being a previous projector owner before the 900A, I know size makes a difference.

Bottom line is just how bad is this "smearing"? Has issue been resolved (I read most of this thread, but there's alot to read), and is it a deal breaker for videophiles?

Potential :smearing aside, coming from the 900A, do you think I will appreciate the image improvements, other than size?

MDC
post #5896 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 10:06 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc D Carra View Post
Well my baby is finally dying, after 2 years in this world. My electronic baby, my XBR65X900A, that is. Dark horizontal lines. Barely noticeable on most material but still there. So I guess that's what I got the extended warranty for. Best Buy was good, an gave me a credit for the closest Sony set out there, the 65XBR930D.
I decided to pay the difference and go for the XBR75X940D instead. I have to wait until December 9th for delivery, so I'm reading up on the forums, which might be a bad thing. I'm a videophile and notice when something in the picture isn't right. They didn't have a set on display anywhere in my city, so I'm buying based on reviews. The problem is, none of the reviews mentioned this "smearing effect". If I'm picky when it comes to my picture quality, is it a deal-breaker? My other option is to go with a 65" OLED but being a previous projector owner before the 900A, I know size makes a difference.

Bottom line is just how bad is this "smearing"? Has issue been resolved (I read most of this thread, but there's alot to read), and is it a deal breaker for videophiles?

Potential :smearing aside, coming from the 900A, do you think I will appreciate the image improvements, other than size?
My sympathies on the demise of the 900A. I still have my 65X900A--it has moved to the bedroom. While I sincerely believe the 900A was (and for me still is) a fantastic display, the 940D is even better. I have opined a number of times in this thread that I never notice a smearing issue while watching normal content, and even the dark corners issue is rarely noticeable when viewing normal content. Android may frustrate you at times, but it is not a major issue. And, unfortunately, 3D is nowhere near as good on the 940D, if 3D is a big thing for you.

So, take it from someone intimately familiar with your situation--you will like the 940D.
post #5897 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 10:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
So I just got my TV. My first impressions (I still have my 65 inch Panasonic Vt50 since Magnolia(Best Buy) decided to let me keep my set even though they gave me full credit on the price under warranty).
1. After reading all the smear test scares, I decided not to look for it. I want to see if I notice it in live action.
2. The black levels out of the box in any mode was just bad. The black levels were horrendous in any mode. I was beginning to regret not getting the OLED 65 inch.
3. A lot of shimmering in many modes when I was rewatching my DVR recordings of NFL games.
4. Then I used AustinJerry's settings in Custom mode. MUCH BETTER. The black levels are finally acceptable even if it is unrealistic to expect them to match the VT50 plasma. However, I lost some pop from the picture. Trying to figure out how to do do that without killing the black levels. I used to like THX Bright Room in my Plasma because I work in my living room while watching TV. So no dark room for me. Was hoping for something equivalent in the SONY modes where I get a bright picture but get good black levels too.
5. THE REMOTE CONTROL IS A PIECE OF CRAP. Frequently , i hit the Action Menu accidentally when intending to click on the up arrow to navigate. There is no direct navigation to settings??? I have to scroll down all those apps after clicking on HOME? The menus are clunky to navigate through. why should I lose picture when I click on HOME? Until I navigate all the way to adjust the settings, I am without picture. Mediocre user interface feels worse with a terrible remote.
6. SD Channels look fine. So decent upconversion.
7. Predictably, viewing angles are limited compared to plasma and OLEDs. So I can't complain as I knew about this. My guests can sit to the side as they are not that discerning with picture quality. I have a long narrow type room. So that should mitigate the viewing angle issue.
8. The glossy reflection was not as bad as I feared. Not as good as the Panasonic VT50 in reducing that refelection, but decent enough.

My verdict so far: My 4 year old Plasma with a thin horizontal line in the bottom third of the screen still pleases my eyes better. Especially when you are watching 1080p. Too bad the tech is dead. should I have just not succumbed to size and gone with the 65 inch OLED? I haven't tested HDR yet. So maybe I start to feel better about the set once i test HDR. I know this for sure. This is the last LED set I am buying in this price range. It's OK for 3,999. But I don't know how people can love this set when they paid 6K for it not too long ago.
I have the Panasonic ZT60 and I would not say the blacks are better on that plasma than the 940D. But these sets vary in quality . You don't sound like you have a great panel.
post #5898 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 10:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs down

Quote:

complain much more about paying $3999 for this 75" 4K set and you will be slapped with the 2016 whiner of the year award! Most everyone on here paid a lot more! I say return the set!
post #5899 of 13204 Old 11-22-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post
complain much more about paying $3999 for this 75" 4K set and you will be slapped with the 2016 whiner of the year award! Most everyone on here paid a lot more! I say return the set!
I realize the 4000 I paid is a big discount off of what it sold not too long ago. (actually if you want to get more annoyed wth me, I only paid a 1400 upgrade fee from my warranty credit to get the set and got to keep my old Panny plasma). Still, I think the bargain it is now is closer to the fair value of this set than the original price.

I think I realize why I am hard to please on this TV. What makes it a little worse is the fact that I don't sit in the sweet spot for this TV. I am 50 degrees off the center.As I move side to side in front of the TV, I think part of the problem is I don't sit in the sweet spot to get the best possible picutre. Plus the TV is on a TV stand that is 3 feet off the ground.

What makes it annoying to experiment with the settings is the horrible remote. This is easily the worst remote I have ever used in my life. With other TVs, I can fly through the adjustments and find two or three modes I like. Here the interface and remote buttons are so clunky that I find myself annoyed quickly. That's why I appreciate what Austinjerry did to at least give me one decent viewing option.
hifi123 and kgraf18 like this.
post #5900 of 13204 Old 11-23-2016, 12:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cool

Quote:
I realize the 4000 I paid is a big discount off of what it sold not too long ago. (actually if you want to get more annoyed wth me, I only paid a 1400 upgrade fee from my warranty credit to get the set and got to keep my old Panny plasma). Still, I think the bargain it is now is closer to the fair value of this set than the original price.

I think I realize why I am hard to please on this TV. What makes it a little worse is the fact that I don't sit in the sweet spot for this TV. I am 50 degrees off the center.As I move side to side in front of the TV, I think part of the problem is I don't sit in the sweet spot to get the best possible picutre. Plus the TV is on a TV stand that is 3 feet off the ground.

What makes it annoying to experiment with the settings is the horrible remote. This is easily the worst remote I have ever used in my life. With other TVs, I can fly through the adjustments and find two or three modes I like. Here the interface and remote buttons are so clunky that I find myself annoyed quickly. That's why I appreciate what Austinjerry did to at least give me one decent viewing option.
$3999 is a terrific deal on a vey large top end 75" 4K tv.
It does help to sit in the sweet spot as we all know LED Lit LCD TVs do not have great viewing angles like plasmas do! That would be my main complaint but I knew it going in! I had three Panny Plasma tvs before this and I loved the viewing angles and the natural motion.
But Plasma is dead! I already had several 65" plasmas in my house and I wanted a bigger set! I was not going to pay the crazy price LG wants for a 77" OLED. This is a very good 4K set, for what you paid it is an outstanding deal. Great color and black levels and you can't beat that wonderful 75" size. Size matters.... in TV sets. 😉😁
hifi123 and djoberg like this.
post #5901 of 13204 Old 11-23-2016, 05:03 AM

Ok, I tweaked some settings . Reluctantly, I turned on the Black Adjust , Dynamic Extender range(Set to LOW for both) so I can get some brightness and vividness to my image without having the drawbacks of VIVID mode where you can see so much blooming and hot spots. The rest of my Custom settings are very similar to what AustinJerry set.

The blacks are pretty good, I can happily agree with that, after I watched more shows and tweaked more settings. I saw some 4K videos and it looked damn good. Yet to test the HDR stuff.

So what is left to bitch about? Well, the judder is unacceptable during quick pans of a certain area. Does this have something to do with reaction time? Is this a generic problem with LED technology? The screen uniformity in the corners is an issue only when you watch shows like VICE NEWS which has a lot of big white backgrounds for their information displays.
post #5902 of 13204 Old 11-23-2016, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Anyone happen to know what the latency is on this model in various picture modes and if any specific HDMI ports are designated for low-latency?
post #5903 of 13204 Old 11-23-2016, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
In Settings, go to Power, then Eco, and turn Idle TV Standby to Off.
Thanks Jerry.
Any idea about the 3D problem? (1. The 3D from a DVD stopped working a month ago (the glasses would only see the double vision) and Sony had me reset (re-boot?) and it was corrected. A few days ago, the 3D on a 3D from a DVD would go on and off and about ten second intervals. Both my wife and me saw the issue on our separate Sony 3D glasses. I confirmed the issue by switching to 3D from YouTube. Same issue with the ten second alternation of it working. So I shut the TV off and pulled the AC plug and then restored power so it rebooted. everything OK. What's going on? Is the TV or software failing. Hardware issue?)
post #5904 of 13204 Old 11-23-2016, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
When using the optical out for sound, what audio setting are you using? I'm currently using PCM since the compressed in the other two options worries me.
post #5905 of 13204 Old 11-23-2016, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post
I have the Panasonic ZT60 and I would not say the blacks are better on that plasma than the 940D. But these sets vary in quality . You don't sound like you have a great panel.
I would agree and have 2 ZT60s & VT25 and the blacks on the 940d are better IMO. Never seen the smearing and don't care about you tube videos but normal content. Darker corners are there.
Normal viewing is better than my ZTs, 4K looks fan freaking-tastic, HDR is fine also(not really a bright display guy coming from plasmas so hard to be excited about that), however 3d is better on the plasmas. Motion is fine. One thing I've really notice between the 940 and ZTs is certain black scenes are way better on the 940 than the ZTs and its very noticable almost disappointed about with the ZTs and what i had been missing. Love the bump in screen size from 65 to 75.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
hifi123 likes this.
post #5906 of 13204 Old 11-23-2016, 09:13 AM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanKL View Post
Thanks Jerry.
Any idea about the 3D problem? (1. The 3D from a DVD stopped working a month ago (the glasses would only see the double vision) and Sony had me reset (re-boot?) and it was corrected. A few days ago, the 3D on a 3D from a DVD would go on and off and about ten second intervals. Both my wife and me saw the issue on our separate Sony 3D glasses. I confirmed the issue by switching to 3D from YouTube. Same issue with the ten second alternation of it working. So I shut the TV off and pulled the AC plug and then restored power so it rebooted. everything OK. What's going on? Is the TV or software failing. Hardware issue?)
Sorry, I don't view any 3D content on the 940D.
post #5907 of 13204 Old 11-23-2016, 09:24 AM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari328 View Post
When using the optical out for sound, what audio setting are you using? I'm currently using PCM since the compressed in the other two options worries me.
The options are:

- Output compressed audio without change
- Output compressed audio only for multi-channel audio without change
- PCM

TBH, I really don't understand the first two options, and I can't seem to find an explanation in any of the user guides I have. I currently have the first option selected, and I am getting Dolby Digital output from sources like Netflix and Amazon. Whether it is compressed or not, I don't know. These settings only affect audio that is originating in the TV, so I you are using external sources (satellite, cable, Blu-ray, etc.), the settings do not come into play.
post #5908 of 13204 Old 11-23-2016, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
The options are:

- Output compressed audio without change
- Output compressed audio only for multi-channel audio without change
- PCM

TBH, I really don't understand the first two options, and I can't seem to find an explanation in any of the user guides I have. I currently have the first option selected, and I am getting Dolby Digital output from sources like Netflix and Amazon. Whether it is compressed or not, I don't know. These settings only affect audio that is originating in the TV, so I you are using external sources (satellite, cable, Blu-ray, etc.), the settings do not come into play.

The second option will take compressed audio sources like AC-3/DTS that is only 2.0/1.0 and convert it to 2 channel PCM.
post #5909 of 13204 Old 11-23-2016, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrvigurik View Post
Guys can you recommend good modem router combo , price range 100-200. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a Motorola/Arris SB6141 for the cable modem and an Asus RT-AC3200 for the router.

I would not recommend getting a combo as that does not give you flexibility on WiFi and etc. as the standards change.
post #5910 of 13204 Old 11-23-2016, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Is anyone having major issues with handshake/signal dropping? Mine keeps going out and I have the source directly connected. Sometimes the audio goes out until I change inputs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
3d-glasses , paring , x940d

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page