Just arrived from Crutchfield a few days ago. First impression is WOW. Big, we upgraded from an old 55" DLP, but I'm getting used to the size - definitely glad we went for 75". Setup was challenging because of the size and weight - my wife and I managed it, but it was some work. We have it in our TV room so none of the equipment in my sig is on it, but a similar setup.
- Amazon Prime content over wired ethernet is fantastic - not sure if UHD is way better; all the movies we've watched so far look great, UHD or HD.
- Blu-ray looks excellent as well (using XBox One).
- Comcast over TiVo looks pretty ratty - seems the resolution of the TV only further reveals the compression artifacts. I need to try some of the content apps to verify it is Comcast versus TiVo. The TiVO interface looks excellent and crisp, so I think the issue is the Comcast content.
- ARC is working OK with the AV7701 and I'm getting DD5.1 from Amazon Prime content over ARC, but occasionally the AV7701 "wakes" up in a bad mood, is stuck, and I have to unplug it - I'm going to try a "certified" HDMI cable and try to drop from 15' to 10' to see if that makes a difference.
- ARC "volume" annoyance with it showing both the TV level and AV7701 level. I prefer the AV7701 volume display since that is real and set correctly versus the random TV speaker level that is in fact not in use. Would love to hide it from the display, but I have not found a way to do that. If the AV stuck issue persists, I may bail on ARC. For the moment, I disable the AV7701 volume display.
- USB IR blaster - could never figure out how to make that do anything - got a Sewel kit from Amazon that works great.
- Settings - wish the manual was more informative as many of the settings are things I have never seen before and not sure if they are good or not or what the trade-offs are in the different values - may have to break down and get a calibration expert over, but for now, it looks pretty great out of the box with minor tweaks.
We didn't get Squaretrade extended warranty protection, but I may retro that if I can? Thoughts from anyone on that?
Anyway, glad to be into the current century with this TV - what a treat!