Official 2016 Sony XBR75 X940D Owners thread: no price talk - Page 214 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17171Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6391 of 13253 Old 12-14-2016, 09:58 PM
Member
 
Grant DeLorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx77 View Post
Ok.. now its saying it does support it, after rebooting everything. But.. under settings, shouldnt my 940 say its in HDR mode if I have the ps4 HDR set to automatic?
Only if you are running one of the apps that have been updated to use HDR mode, otherwise it runs in normal mode. The ones I have put the 940D into HDR mode, and that gets switched off when the app is closed.
Grant DeLorean is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6392 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 04:09 AM
Member
 
racerx77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant DeLorean View Post
Only if you are running one of the apps that have been updated to use HDR mode, otherwise it runs in normal mode. The ones I have put the 940D into HDR mode, and that gets switched off when the app is closed.
Then something is wrong. I put in The Last of us remastered, and it's still saying Custom for the picture mode under settings.. Any ideas?
racerx77 is offline  
post #6393 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
egrady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: San Antonio, TX USA
Posts: 1,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
That's a little hard to believe. I had thought that streaming apps were designed by the provider and then furnished to the host. Whose ever fault the loss of resolution info is, it's. bad.

Ditto, especially since it was working and as far as I know there have been no recent changes to the 940D.
egrady is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6394 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 05:25 AM
Senior Member
 
devilbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx77 View Post
Ok.. now its saying it does support it, after rebooting everything. But.. under settings, shouldnt my 940 say its in HDR mode if I have the ps4 HDR set to automatic?
You need to wait until you play HDR content. My TV switches when I play FFXV. When the game is turned off, it switches HDR mode off.

devilbones is offline  
post #6395 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 07:02 AM
Senior Member
 
LRS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex M 88 View Post
Anybody tested this unit with 3D content? Is the cross talk really that bad?
Personally, I think the 3D performance of this set is fine. I watched the Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D Blu-ray the other night, and I really enjoyed the 3D performance. On the other hand, I find Sony's recommended TDG-BT500A 3D glasses to be very uncomfortable for use, at least when wearing them over conventional glasses.

Now, I've had the 3D setting on this set professionally calibrated by Chad B, so that may be helping me out.
LRS3 is offline  
post #6396 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 07:04 AM
Member
 
Alex M 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you, this is good to hear. I heard only bad things about it and was hoping it really is not as bad.

Last edited by Alex M 88; 12-15-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Alex M 88 is offline  
post #6397 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 07:19 AM
Member
 
racerx77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
You need to wait until you play HDR content. My TV switches when I play FFXV. When the game is turned off, it switches HDR mode off.
Yes, but the last of us is HDR, isnt it?
racerx77 is offline  
post #6398 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
egrady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: San Antonio, TX USA
Posts: 1,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 175
While reading the Oppo 203 owners thread I found something interesting. A few posters have noticed that HDR raises their black levels. The 203 allows them to strip out HDR from a 4k disc which they say actually looks better. JVC projector owners are real sensitive about black levels so I tend to believe what they say is true.

I have commented a number of times that streamed HDR looks worse, to me, than regular 4K because of the elevated black levels. I hope this is just teething problems with HDR and that the increased brightness ultimately doesn't come at the expense of poor blacks.
egrady is offline  
post #6399 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 10:30 AM
Member
 
Grant DeLorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx77 View Post
Then something is wrong. I put in The Last of us remastered, and it's still saying Custom for the picture mode under settings.. Any ideas?
Probably a setting on the PS Pro or 940D, or possibly both. Try the default settings on both, when things are working you can tweak them until they stop working again. That last bit isn't a shot at you, the amount of "I want to use bizarre settings that don't work, <whateveritem> sucks because it won't work this way!" I have seen over the years has been astounding.
Grant DeLorean is offline  
post #6400 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 10:38 AM
Member
 
racerx77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant DeLorean View Post
Probably a setting on the PS Pro or 940D, or possibly both. Try the default settings on both, when things are working you can tweak them until they stop working again. That last bit isn't a shot at you, the amount of "I want to use bizarre settings that don't work, <whateveritem> sucks because it won't work this way!" I have seen over the years has been astounding.
I understand. Its cool. I was in a pretty foul mood earlier that day, and when I saw 2.2 wasnt supported, that was the straw that broke the camels back. I will keep trying different settings, though I am not sure what could be wromg since my xbox 1S and ultra hd bluray both do HDR no problem..
racerx77 is offline  
post #6401 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 12,564
Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6975 Post(s)
Liked: 6810
Finally pulled the trigger on a 940D for myself! Very excited!!

Not being delivered until next Thursday, but I have a quick question.

Very cold here lately (sub-zero) but according to the forecast, should be around 25-30 degrees next Thursday.

How long should the TV warm up before I can turn it on? If it's a matter of hours, how can I test it out before the delivery guys leave??

Thanks!
Alan P is offline  
post #6402 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 12:02 PM
** Man of Leisure **
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 21,915
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12127 Post(s)
Liked: 7223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Finally pulled the trigger on a 940D for myself! Very excited!!

Not being delivered until next Thursday, but I have a quick question.

Very cold here lately (sub-zero) but according to the forecast, should be around 25-30 degrees next Thursday.

How long should the TV warm up before I can turn it on? If it's a matter of hours, how can I test it out before the delivery guys leave??

Thanks!
Not sure it makes a real difference, Alan. If it were me, I would want to give it a quick test before the delivery crew leaves.
Alan P and gwsat like this.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #6403 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 12:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Finally pulled the trigger on a 940D for myself! Very excited!!

Not being delivered until next Thursday, but I have a quick question.

Very cold here lately (sub-zero) but according to the forecast, should be around 25-30 degrees next Thursday.

How long should the TV warm up before I can turn it on? If it's a matter of hours, how can I test it out before the delivery guys leave??

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Finally pulled the trigger on a 940D for myself! Very excited!!

Not being delivered until next Thursday, but I have a quick question.

Very cold here lately (sub-zero) but according to the forecast, should be around 25-30 degrees next Thursday.

How long should the TV warm up before I can turn it on? If it's a matter of hours, how can I test it out before the delivery guys leave??

Thanks!
Not sure it makes a real difference, Alan. If it were me, I would want to give it a quick test before the delivery crew leaves.
I wouldn't even crack the box until it reached room temp. LCDs, unless designed for it, don't like cold temps. I lost a brand new laptop screen to this exact thing so I, personally, would not chance it.
ClarkGriswold is offline  
post #6404 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 12,564
Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6975 Post(s)
Liked: 6810
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold View Post
I wouldn't even crack the box until it reached room temp. LCDs, unless designed for it, don't like cold temps. I lost a brand new laptop screen to this exact thing so I, personally, would not chance it.
Maybe I'm an idiot, but aren't these TVs LED not LCD??
Alan P is offline  
post #6405 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 01:34 PM
Member
 
racerx77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Maybe I'm an idiot, but aren't these TVs LED not LCD??
LED for backlighting, but still uses LCDs as well.
gwsat and djoberg like this.
racerx77 is offline  
post #6406 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 01:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bigmoviefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 468
I got the Oppo 203 today and connected to the Sony 940D.
Fabulous picture. I also own the Samsung K950" and some of the issues I thought the Sony had with HDR are not there with the Oppo. The Samsung pushed red and was dark! In HDR the Oppo is brighter and the picture looks more natural using HDR of the Sony. All good news ! And Star Trek into Darkness would not play on the Samsung and will play on the Oppo. Much more impressed with HDR with this player so far.
StanGeek, Doogle, dlynch34 and 1 others like this.
Bigmoviefan is offline  
post #6407 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 21,105
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4527 Post(s)
Liked: 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post
I got the Oppo 203 today and connected to the Sony 940D.
Fabulous picture. I also own the Samsung K950" and some of the issues I thought the Sony had with HDR are not there with the Oppo. The Samsung pushed red and was dark! In HDR the Oppo is brighter and the picture looks more natural using HDR of the Sony. All good news ! And Star Trek into Darkness would not play on the Samsung and will play on the Oppo. Much more impressed with HDR with this player so far.
Thanks for the info. I asked you in one of the Oppo UDP-203 threads how you had connected your 203 to your 940D. My 203 shipped today and I'm trying to figure out how to connect it in my home theater. I hope to be able to send the 203's input through my Yamaha RX-A 3060 receiver as I have done with my 103 but some of the posts to the 203 owners thread concern me. I am worried that connecting the 203's output to the 3060 may not work for the 203 as well as it has for the 103.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
gwsat is offline  
post #6408 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 03:35 PM
** Man of Leisure **
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 21,915
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12127 Post(s)
Liked: 7223
Success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
For you, or anyone else who has installed the Opera browser, how do you input data to the app? It doesn't open an on-screen keyboard, so the app from my perspective is unusable.

I tried the iOS Android TV app, but it is completely unusable as well.
I found reference to this keyboard earlier in the thread:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...?skuId=7575039

I ran out and bought it from BB, and it is working quite well, at least with the Opera browser. As I mentioned earlier, I want to understand the best way to connect my display to the internet for streaming. I have two choices:

1. A wired connection back to the wireless bridge that provides network connections to the equipment in my rack, or

2. The display's wireless interface.

Results:

Wireless bridge:



Straight wireless (5GHz network):




While the difference is not huge, this exercise confirms that either connection method should be more than sufficient for UHD/HDR content, and that the straight wireless connection is the preferred connection method.

I worked over the last several days trying to improve the connections speeds (I have 300GBs internet service), but none of the approaches would get me much more than what you see above. Discouraging.
gwsat and kgraf18 like this.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #6409 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
djoberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Central Minnesota
Posts: 6,728
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 2276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post
I got the Oppo 203 today and connected to the Sony 940D.
Fabulous picture. I also own the Samsung K950" and some of the issues I thought the Sony had with HDR are not there with the Oppo. The Samsung pushed red and was dark! In HDR the Oppo is brighter and the picture looks more natural using HDR of the Sony. All good news ! And Star Trek into Darkness would not play on the Samsung and will play on the Oppo. Much more impressed with HDR with this player so far.
Thanks for the encouraging post! I have the Philip's UHD player but it's truly a "bare bones" model. Though I'm quite pleased with the PQ, I still want to get the Oppo 203 for its features and, hopefully, a superior picture.

Do you know if Best Buy sells this unit? I have over $400 in Best Buy Certificates so I want to use them for the Oppo.
Bigmoviefan likes this.

LG OLED 77C8...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...LG UHD UBK90 (Dolby Vision BDP)...Philips UHD BDP-7501...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Roku Premiere Plus...Harmony One

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
djoberg is offline  
post #6410 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 21,105
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4527 Post(s)
Liked: 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post
Do you know if Best Buy sells this unit? I have over $400 in Best Buy Certificates so I want to use them for the Oppo.
The first wave of Oppo 4K UHD disc players only went to those of us who had signed up for notification that we could preorder. I think they are going to open it up for everybody else tomorrow. This probably means that Best Buy, Amazon, et al., will be getting them soon.
djoberg likes this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
gwsat is offline  
post #6411 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
djoberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Central Minnesota
Posts: 6,728
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 2276
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
The first wave of Oppo 4K UHD disc players only went to those of us who had signed up for notification that we could preorder. I think they are going to open it up for everybody else tomorrow. This probably means that Best Buy, Amazon, et al., will be getting them soon.
Tomorrow is soon enough for me!

Actually, I may not be near a BB store until later this month, but until then I really do like my Philips player. What I don't like about it is the load time seems rather slow with some discs AND it lacks an lcd readout (so I have to use the remote to check the chapter, time, etc.).

I'd love to hear your impressions once you starting watching UHD/HDR Blus on it. Let us know how it compares with your Kaleidescape viewing.

LG OLED 77C8...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...LG UHD UBK90 (Dolby Vision BDP)...Philips UHD BDP-7501...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Roku Premiere Plus...Harmony One

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
djoberg is offline  
post #6412 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 21,105
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4527 Post(s)
Liked: 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post
I'd love to hear your impressions once you starting watching UHD/HDR Blus on it. Let us know how it compares with your Kaleidescape viewing.
Will do.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
gwsat is offline  
post #6413 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 05:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bigmoviefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Thanks for the info. I asked you in one of the Oppo UDP-203 threads how you had connected your 203 to your 940D. My 203 shipped today and I'm trying to figure out how to connect it in my home theater. I hope to be able to send the 203's input through my Yamaha RX-A 3060 receiver as I have done with my 103 but some of the posts to the 203 owners thread concern me. I am worried that connecting the 203's output to the 3060 may not work for the 203 as well as it has for the 103.
i have a Classe SSP-800 PrePro and it does not pass 4K video. So I am going straight to my 940D with a second HDMIcable and then using the audio out only HDMI to the Classe PrePro. Works fine that way!
Got to switch input on the Sony 940D when you watch movie.
Bigmoviefan is offline  
post #6414 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bigmoviefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post
Thanks for the encouraging post! I have the Philip's UHD player but it's truly a "bare bones" model. Though I'm quite pleased with the PQ, I still want to get the Oppo 203 for its features and, hopefully, a superior picture.

Do you know if Best Buy sells this unit? I have over $400 in Best Buy Certificates so I want to use them for the Oppo.
right now no! Not sure if Best Buy ever carried Oppo. So maybe down the road. I always ordered their players straight for from the company!
Bigmoviefan is offline  
post #6415 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 07:50 PM
Member
 
racerx77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post
right now no! Not sure if Best Buy ever carried Oppo. So maybe down the road. I always ordered their players straight for from the company!
HHGREGG I wonder?
racerx77 is offline  
post #6416 of 13253 Old 12-15-2016, 07:59 PM
** Man of Leisure **
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 21,915
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12127 Post(s)
Liked: 7223
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx77 View Post
HHGREGG I wonder?
Is there a reluctance to order directly from Oppo?
AustinJerry is offline  
post #6417 of 13253 Old 12-16-2016, 04:50 AM
Member
 
racerx77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Is there a reluctance to order directly from Oppo?
Nah. I just like to support local business if I can.
racerx77 is offline  
post #6418 of 13253 Old 12-16-2016, 05:15 AM
Senior Member
 
devilbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx77 View Post
Yes, but the last of us is HDR, isnt it?
I have had some issues with my PS4 Pro and my 940D with regards to HDR content. While the game is on restart the TV. What I do is change one of the inputs from Enhanced to Standard and let it restart. When it comes back up check and see if its in HDR mode. My 940D got stuck in HDR mode once I exited FFXV. It was really bright and orangish.

devilbones is offline  
post #6419 of 13253 Old 12-16-2016, 06:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
dlynch34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post
I got the Oppo 203 today and connected to the Sony 940D.
Fabulous picture. I also own the Samsung K950" and some of the issues I thought the Sony had with HDR are not there with the Oppo. The Samsung pushed red and was dark! In HDR the Oppo is brighter and the picture looks more natural using HDR of the Sony. All good news ! And Star Trek into Darkness would not play on the Samsung and will play on the Oppo. Much more impressed with HDR with this player so far.
Good to know that! Can you turn HDR off in the Oppo?

Don
Anthem AVM-60,Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Five-Channel Power Amplifier, Emotiva XPA-1l x2,Outlaw 5000. Rhythmik DIY 15inch x2, Plus, Magnapan 3.7i, Magnepan CC5,Magnepan MC1,JVC RS400, DIY 125" 2:35 Elite Screen cinegray 3d .
dlynch34 is offline  
post #6420 of 13253 Old 12-16-2016, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
egrady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: San Antonio, TX USA
Posts: 1,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch34 View Post
Good to know that! Can you turn HDR off in the Oppo?

Yes, see my earlier post. Go the 203 Owners Thread for the details.
egrady is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
3d-glasses , paring , x940d

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off