Official LG 43/49 UH6100/UH6500 Thread - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #211 of 224 Old 06-04-2017, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just picked up the 32" UH6100, mainly for PS3/PS4 gaming, so far I'm quite happy with the input lag characteristics, it seems quite good, I'm just doing 1080p, no HDR.

I'm wondering what the best way of setting up for gaming vs non-gaming inputs is - right now I've just got PS3 connected directly to HDMI2 input, and I named HDMI2 to "Game Console" and set Picture Mode to Game. However I'm going to undoubtedly add more inputs and route everything through receiver. In that case though with a single HDMI connection from the receiver, I'm wondering if I'm going to have to switch the input name and picture mode to and from Game Console/Picture depending on what I'm using. Or is there a better way to manage it via the TV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 224 Old 06-04-2017, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking at Denon AVR-X2300 as a potential receiver. I see it actually has two HDMI outputs, although I'm not sure that would actually be helpful in this context.
post #213 of 224 Old 06-22-2017, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Help! I have a 49" UH6030 with an Xbox One S and display settings and results are such a mixed bag... I don't think I've ever hated a TV so much... Battlefield 1 especially I cannot seem to get the washed out, difficult on the eyes grab bag of display issues right to save my life.
Different display modes, turned all LG display enhancements on and off, tried seemingly infinite variables of 8 bit and 10 bit and PC RGB and Normal color range and 4K and 1080P through the Xbox S and tried various LG settings with all the different Xbox settings... different HDMI ports and HDMI cables, different labels for the different inputs... so inconsistent with display and never do I feel satisfied with what I'm seeing... Now Forza Horizon 3 which was looking gorgeous with HDR now seems dark every HDR display option including HDR game mode... streaming 4K movies and HDR content look good, not great, but good... I have read and tried so much that I don't even know where to begin.... And then I tried playing Battlefield 4 the other day and gave up trying to fix seeing the game well enough to ever try multiplayer again with it... players 30 yards away from me could stand still while I squint to see if they are environmental effects or part of the background and just line up easy headshots while I'm deciding lol... someone hold my hand and walk me through it.... please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 224 Old 07-04-2017, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hello,

I got this to use as a computer monitor for $329 at Fry's looks pretty good for the purpose but I cannot calibrate it using my i1 Display Pro. Did it twice and colors come out with a magenta cast. Gone back to the Windows 10 color calibration.

Any thoughts?

Jerry Y
post #215 of 224 Old 07-04-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejavecu View Post
Help! I have a 49" UH6030 with an Xbox One S and display settings and results are such a mixed bag... I don't think I've ever hated a TV so much... Battlefield 1 especially I cannot seem to get the washed out, difficult on the eyes grab bag of display issues right to save my life.
Different display modes, turned all LG display enhancements on and off, tried seemingly infinite variables of 8 bit and 10 bit and PC RGB and Normal color range and 4K and 1080P through the Xbox S and tried various LG settings with all the different Xbox settings... different HDMI ports and HDMI cables, different labels for the different inputs... so inconsistent with display and never do I feel satisfied with what I'm seeing... Now Forza Horizon 3 which was looking gorgeous with HDR now seems dark every HDR display option including HDR game mode... streaming 4K movies and HDR content look good, not great, but good... I have read and tried so much that I don't even know where to begin.... And then I tried playing Battlefield 4 the other day and gave up trying to fix seeing the game well enough to ever try multiplayer again with it... players 30 yards away from me could stand still while I squint to see if they are environmental effects or part of the background and just line up easy headshots while I'm deciding lol... someone hold my hand and walk me through it.... please
Hi, after posting I saw this post. We are in the same boat. I have Pro equipment and cannot get it to calibrate. Used same equipment on multiple monitors.
post #216 of 224 Old 07-04-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Hi, after posting I saw this post. We are in the same boat. I have Pro equipment and cannot get it to calibrate. Used same equipment on multiple monitors.
Hey, glad to hear I'm not just going crazy... at least not with just this lol
What equipment are you using? Have you done the latest firmware updates? Which model LG exactly do you have?
I have the UH6030 which as far as I can tell falls under UH6100 to a fair degree

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
post #217 of 224 Old 07-04-2017, 05:50 PM

I have the UH6030, which I bought at Fry's in California for $329. I use it as a computer monitor. I do astrophotography and it replaced a Dell LCD that burned out.

Software I use is i1 Display from xrite. Come with a photometer. Worked fine on my computer monitors. I have not tried it on my OLED LG, but that looks fine as is.

When I try to color calibrate the 43" LG it comes out with too much magenta.

I'll contact the company after the holiday.... Calibrates fine with the W10 software, but I want to get a good ICC profile to attach to my photos.
post #218 of 224 Old 07-04-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I have the UH6030, which I bought at Fry's in California for $329. I use it as a computer monitor. I do astrophotography and it replaced a Dell LCD that burned out.

Software I use is i1 Display from xrite. Come with a photometer. Worked fine on my computer monitors. I have not tried it on my OLED LG, but that looks fine as is.

When I try to color calibrate the 43" LG it comes out with too much magenta.

I'll contact the company after the holiday.... Calibrates fine with the W10 software, but I want to get a good ICC profile to attach to my photos.
What Picture mode are you using to change your settings?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
post #219 of 224 Old 07-04-2017, 07:49 PM

Expert Bright Room.
post #220 of 224 Old 09-14-2017, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Can someone check how many watts this pulls when on? I'm running off a generator post Irma and would like to watch some TV but need to know power draw before I go adding additional loads to the generator. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #221 of 224 Old 03-09-2018, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrdlr View Post
Can someone check how many watts this pulls when on? I'm running off a generator post Irma and would like to watch some TV but need to know power draw before I go adding additional loads to the generator. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
last time i used it with a smart powerstrip, it was detected as 50-60W
post #222 of 224 Old 04-02-2018, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone know if we can downgrade uh6100 firmware to any good HDR game mode? its really dimm and ugly in the latest.

Im wondering if this would work or just brick my tv?

ht//github com /joey-astrologo/OLED55-65B6-Downgrade/blob/master/README.md

Please ill appreciate any answer
post #223 of 224 Old 06-04-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Expert Bright Room.
rtings use dark room mode for calibrations
post #224 of 224 Old 06-04-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosedt View Post
Does anyone know if we can downgrade uh6100 firmware to any good HDR game mode? its really dimm and ugly in the latest.

Im wondering if this would work or just brick my tv?

ht//github com /joey-astrologo/OLED55-65B6-Downgrade/blob/master/README.md

Please ill appreciate any answer
what fw version is yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
uh6100 , uh6500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page