2016 Hisense H8C, H5C, H4C and H3C Entry Level series - Page 40 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 222Likes

post #1171 of 1894 Old 01-15-2017, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shesha View Post
I mean when I am playing games I have certain setting, light backlight is at 45. When I pop in a 4K Blu ray with HDR enabled, it's too dark. It's obvious tha certain adjustments need to be made. I'm just wondering what everyone brightness, backlight are at when viewing 4K Blu ray HDR.
AFAIK there are no different settings for 4k+hdr and other modes.
If you are using your console for both games and 4k videos you need to make sure the console has those settings enabled.

The thing is that the Tv did not support HDR and I read that Hisense will offer that with a firmware update.
I dont know if they have released it yet or not.
If you can try to download a k Hdr video from the internet and put it on a Usb drive and plug into the tv and play it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1894 Old 01-15-2017, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerJoe View Post
The thing is that the Tv did not support HDR and I read that Hisense will offer that with a firmware update.
I dont know if they have released it yet or not.
If you can try to download a k Hdr video from the internet and put it on a Usb drive and plug into the tv and play it.
I have tried playing YouTube 4K HDR. The HDR is recognized because it shows a "HDR" symbol on the screen, but it looks terrible - dark and muted colors. It looks much better in plain 4K. If the TV is not supporting it, then it should not allow it to be displayed and should not show "HDR" on the screen. It just makes everything more difficult and confusing.
post #1173 of 1894 Old 01-15-2017, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 53
All I am looking for now is post HDR update calibration setting from users here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1174 of 1894 Old 01-15-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergalthema View Post
I have tried playing YouTube 4K HDR. The HDR is recognized because it shows a "HDR" symbol on the screen, but it looks terrible - dark and muted colors. It looks much better in plain 4K. If the TV is not supporting it, then it should not allow it to be displayed and should not show "HDR" on the screen. It just makes everything more difficult and confusing.
Again, try to download a hdr file and put it on a USB drive and play it on your tv.
I am not sure if the youtube app has been updated to play HDR or not.
post #1175 of 1894 Old 01-15-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
All I am looking for now is post HDR update calibration setting from users here.
Has Hisense released a firmware with Hdr support via HDMI?
I thought it was still in the works.
post #1176 of 1894 Old 01-15-2017, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello, does this tv support Amazon Video in 4k and/or HDR?
post #1177 of 1894 Old 01-15-2017, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Mee to... Anyone? Hook itup!
post #1178 of 1894 Old 01-15-2017, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I gave up on the firmware update for HDR with the OperaTV apps. Picked up a Roku Premiere+ and everything has been great so far.
post #1179 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikaxe View Post
I gave up on the firmware update for HDR with the OperaTV apps. Picked up a Roku Premiere+ and everything has been great so far.
So we have an older Roku but never messed with it too much besides Netflix... Already have an XBox One and this TV, so what are the advantages of also getting a newer Roku? Is there THAT much content on there available (preferably for free) as opposed to the XB1?

Also, when cable is on I know you can press up on the remote to tell you what it's displaying at...but when I'm in stuff like the TV's Youtube app, pressing up controls the app so how do I tell what it's displaying at? Do I have to go in and click the "numbers for nerds" option or whatever it has?
post #1180 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerJoe View Post
Has Hisense released a firmware with Hdr support via HDMI?
I thought it was still in the works.
Yes way back in September. I have had it since day one that it was available.
post #1181 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
So we have an older Roku but never messed with it too much besides Netflix... Already have an XBox One and this TV, so what are the advantages of also getting a newer Roku? Is there THAT much content on there available (preferably for free) as opposed to the XB1?

Also, when cable is on I know you can press up on the remote to tell you what it's displaying at...but when I'm in stuff like the TV's Youtube app, pressing up controls the app so how do I tell what it's displaying at? Do I have to go in and click the "numbers for nerds" option or whatever it has?
post #1182 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSonic View Post

I picked up the newer Roku mainly because I didn't have a device that would stream HDR video, and the Opera TV apps on the TV currently do not support HDR. Also, the Plex app for the TV is broken or not compatible at the moment.

Update on the Roku, it looks like these newer models are having lip sync issues with some of the apps on the current OS, so I can't completely recommend it yet.
post #1183 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I picked up the newer Roku mainly because I didn't have a device that would stream HDR video, and the Opera TV apps on the TV currently do not support HDR. Also, the Plex app for the TV is broken or not compatible at the moment.

Update on the Roku, it looks like these newer models are having lip sync issues with some of the apps on the current OS, so I can't completely recommend it yet.
Thanks... Guess best to stick with XB1 for now. My only issue is it seems like I can't get youtube to show in 4k on XB1. Works on the TV apps just not my XB1 for whatever reason. Not sure if I'm missing some settings I have to tweak or what. Maybe I need a better ethernet wire...might have to try switching the one going to the TV to my XB1 (newer wire just got it yesterday, cat6).
post #1184 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 02:15 PM

Do the apps on the tv not work in 4k?
post #1185 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Smith 2 View Post
Do the apps on the tv not work in 4k?
the apps on the tv work in 4k howver HDR is limited to external devices...ive been debating getting a damn Roku or another streaming device..i prefer to wait for an update..but Hisense is probably focused on their next line
post #1186 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Zamora View Post
the apps on the tv work in 4k howver HDR is limited to external devices...ive been debating getting a damn Roku or another streaming device..i prefer to wait for an update..but Hisense is probably focused on their next line
Thank you for your response but I tried opening 4k programs in netflix, amazon and youtube and none of them display in 4k. Just 1080p. Why is that?
post #1187 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you for your response but I tried opening 4k programs in netflix, amazon and youtube and none of them display in 4k. Just 1080p. Why is that?
Are you connected through the HDMI ports on the side or the back? I believe that only those on the back will handle 4K content.
post #1188 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avitt View Post
Are you connected through the HDMI ports on the side or the back? I believe that only those on the back will handle 4K content.
I was talking about the built in apps on the tv. It comes with netflix, amazon and youtube. I wasn't using a device.
post #1189 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
I was talking about the built in apps on the tv. It comes with netflix, amazon and youtube. I wasn't using a device.
Do you have a native 4k Blu ray player?
post #1190 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor23.rh View Post
Do you have a native 4k Blu ray player?
No blue ray player. I was talking about the built in smart apps on the tv from the opera store.
post #1191 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 06:39 PM

Sorry, didn't really read too far back on the posts, but it should work. Do you have the correct internet connection setup, when I play 4k vids on YouTube my connection always says 1920x1080*2 which I'm sure is 4k(1920x2160)

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
post #1192 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
No blue ray player. I was talking about the built in smart apps on the tv from the opera store.
Also what i notice is that the 1920x1080*2 are under dimensions not resolution. Resolution shows [email protected] Wish they had an update that will let you manually pick your resolution in the apps, even if the internet connection isn't that great.
post #1193 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1490 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor23.rh View Post
Sorry, didn't really read too far back on the posts, but it should work. Do you have the correct internet connection setup, when I play 4k vids on YouTube my connection always says 1920x1080*2 which I'm sure is 4k(1920x2160)

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
None of the internal apps, necessarily over internet streaming, support 4K until Hisense chooses to release new firmware for the support.

Jack
post #1194 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
None of the internal apps, necessarily over internet streaming, support 4K until Hisense chooses to release new firmware for the support.
Oh, so it's not possible at all?
post #1195 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 07:27 PM

Pretty sure the apps support 4k, otherwise why would they have 4k-specific apps? Also the Youtube videos especially DEFINITELY look better than 1080p and like belthazor23.rh I too get the *2 thing showing... HDR, no. Hisense really should have added a dedicated "info" button on the remote to show exactly what your screen is displaying at that time. And I HATE how none of the Youtube apps (not on XB1 either) just straight up let you pick the resolutions available to you, it's only automatic and then you need to click on the "stats for nerds" thing which is sort of cryptic.

A question I had though, is what do people do when playing 4k content through the USB? Most files are so big that they're not supported by the FAT32 format which I read the USB drive needed to be formatted to (at least that's what it tells me when I try to move them over to the device).
post #1196 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 08:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 119
People need to stop spreading misinformation.

The tv absolutely does do 4K with Youtube, Amazon, and I'm pretty sure Netflix too but haven't used it on the tv in a while. The internal apps don't do HDR yet.
post #1197 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

The tv absolutely does do 4K with Youtube, Amazon, and I'm pretty sure Netflix too but haven't used it on the tv in a while. The internal apps don't do HDR yet.
How do you get them to work? I've tried all of them and even the USB update and I still only get 1080p. This is driving me crazy.
post #1198 of 1894 Old 01-16-2017, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

I have the 50 H6C and Netflix and Amazon 4K both work perfectly. My set isn't HDR though, so I don't know about that.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
post #1199 of 1894 Old 01-17-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
How do you get them to work? I've tried all of them and even the USB update and I still only get 1080p. This is driving me crazy.
So, in youtube, you're looking at the "more options" then "stats for nerds" or whatever it says? That little bug icon...? And it doesn't say "1920x1080*2"? Have you tried signing up for that Ultra Flix 4k app? I think that's the one that does a speed test when you load it up to see if you can even stream 4k. Honestly, it sounds like you just probably don't have a good enough connection for it.
post #1200 of 1894 Old 01-17-2017, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSonic View Post
Pretty sure the apps support 4k, otherwise why would they have 4k-specific apps? Also the Youtube videos especially DEFINITELY look better than 1080p and like belthazor23.rh I too get the *2 thing showing... HDR, no. Hisense really should have added a dedicated "info" button on the remote to show exactly what your screen is displaying at that time. And I HATE how none of the Youtube apps (not on XB1 either) just straight up let you pick the resolutions available to you, it's only automatic and then you need to click on the "stats for nerds" thing which is sort of cryptic.

A question I had though, is what do people do when playing 4k content through the USB? Most files are so big that they're not supported by the FAT32 format which I read the USB drive needed to be formatted to (at least that's what it tells me when I try to move them over to the device).
Not sure about the Far32 limitation...ive tried various 50gb files via usb and hdr works...it just doesnt work with Windows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page