2016 Hisense H8C, H5C, H4C and H3C Entry Level series - Page 62 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 222Likes

post #1831 of 1894 Old 02-12-2018, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Had ANOTHER chat with Hisense this morning. This chat occurred on their website. I pretended like it was my first time contacting them and asked if they had a firmware update for the 65H8C (2016) that addresses the HDR issue. Look at the response below:

Guest: I dont have a case number and I dont want one. I want to know when I can expect the firmware update which is supposed to address the issue with the HDR on this television.
Joan: If you do not have a case number we cannot send the update to you.
Guest: So are you saying that an update is available?
Joan: Yes, we have a firmware ready for your TV.

After the rep made this admission, I went ahead and told them that I had contacted them before. Once they had my info the rep tried to pivot and told me that the firmware update mentioned didn't address the HDR issue and that is why they wanted me to send my TV in for repair. HUH?! This makes no sense but this is the kind of back and forth I've been having with them. It's so frustrating! So now I am trying to find info on the CEO in hopes of getting an email to them. I've tried Hisense. I've tried contacting the BBB. And all I want is for the TV that I PAID FOR to work the way it's supposed to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1894 Old 02-13-2018, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Hisense delivered my new replacement tv today via Manna. I contacted them via Facebook on 1-30-2018. The two delivery men were super nice and even hanged it back on the wall for me.

It is now the 2017 65H8C flavor, not like my original 2016. Much different menu, very nice. HDR works. If even updated to a new firmware as soon as I turned it on. Something must have

been really wrong with my 2016 tv as this looks so much nicer. Gone are the cloudy corners and faint lines up and down. DirecTv 4k even works now. I am super happy with the level of service that I

received.
post #1833 of 1894 Old 02-14-2018, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I had a MB replaced last year and now the arc setting on the tv will not work its dead. Once and awhile the screen goes gray with static on hdmi 4. They told me last year they had a firmware update lol i see there still using that excuse. I called today about the arc issues and its like talking to a wall. I will be getting a call back tomorrow and mentioned a hard reset lol. The communication barrier is an issue also. I'm trying to hold out for the new TCL series 6 but that's april and tempted to get a Sony 900E refurb. I just want to smash this TV with the light bleed issues and HDR and arc issues. They have a a 65h8c that actually works with no issues and its the 65h8c+ but im not lucky enough to have them exchange mine for one but instead here about firmware updates and BS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1834 of 1894 Old 02-16-2018, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey peeps, been lurking in the backround here for a while reading about the 65h8c. Mine was acting up a bit when switching from HDR programs and back to regular TV. And after reading all of your inputs about reaching out to Hisense i decided to take a shot at it myself.

I first tried on their website about getting an update to fix things and they said they wanted a receipt, i could only provide the online one from bestbuy as that is how i purchased a year ago during the sale for 725. They would not accept that as a valid source. So i then tried them on facebook as mentioned here. They asked me to send some pics and i sent them one showing the faint vertical lines when switched back to regular TV and the brightness levels from raising it for HDR viewing. That was all it took! They started the replacement right away, in about 3 weeks total they sent Manna over to my place and swapped the old one out for the new one and as luck has it i got the new model 65H8050D.

They took it off the wall and hung the new one back up for me too, great shipping service indeed.

The new TV is so much crisper than the older version and all issues were cleared up, it even downloaded a new firmware right away. New model is backlit and even has bluetooth, the 4k is so much clearer as the older one was sorta muddy/blurred up a bit. The menu is much different and has more options. I know everyone here has different problems with their TV but def use facebook to reach out to Hisense about the matter. I am very pleased with the response from them and how fast they replaced the TV in house without a problem.

Just wanted to send a shout out to all of you here in the forum for providing support info and being diligent with your return process. Thank you all very much for the help
post #1835 of 1894 Old 02-20-2018, 08:45 AM

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel77 View Post
Hey peeps, been lurking in the backround here for a while reading about the 65h8c. Mine was acting up a bit when switching from HDR programs and back to regular TV. And after reading all of your inputs about reaching out to Hisense i decided to take a shot at it myself.

I first tried on their website about getting an update to fix things and they said they wanted a receipt, i could only provide the online one from bestbuy as that is how i purchased a year ago during the sale for 725. They would not accept that as a valid source. So i then tried them on facebook as mentioned here. They asked me to send some pics and i sent them one showing the faint vertical lines when switched back to regular TV and the brightness levels from raising it for HDR viewing. That was all it took! They started the replacement right away, in about 3 weeks total they sent Manna over to my place and swapped the old one out for the new one and as luck has it i got the new model 65H8050D.

They took it off the wall and hung the new one back up for me too, great shipping service indeed.

The new TV is so much crisper than the older version and all issues were cleared up, it even downloaded a new firmware right away. New model is backlit and even has bluetooth, the 4k is so much clearer as the older one was sorta muddy/blurred up a bit. The menu is much different and has more options. I know everyone here has different problems with their TV but def use facebook to reach out to Hisense about the matter. I am very pleased with the response from them and how fast they replaced the TV in house without a problem.

Just wanted to send a shout out to all of you here in the forum for providing support info and being diligent with your return process. Thank you all very much for the help

Thanks for sharing your story. I had contacted them on FB also and sent pics. I think the fact that they wanted me to send mine in for repairs is very telling as to how many replacements they have probably already sent. Anyway, I was able to reach a higher up at the company and he was great. I emailed him last week and today I am contacting Manna to schedule delivery for tomorrow and I have been told that I will be receiving the 2017 model (65H8C). I'm looking forward to seeing the difference and I sincerely hope that everyone else is taken care of. Good luck!
post #1836 of 1894 Old 02-20-2018, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello all,

Just wanted to share my experience so far. Purchased my 65H8C in March. After waiting patiently for a firmware update I hit my limit.

I had the following issues:
a) no built-in Netflix HDR
b) HDCP issues between it and my ROKU (yes, I switched out the cables just in case)
c) When connecting, dark Netflix with ROKU as source
d) another (assumed) handshake issue causing a static screen

Contacted Hisense via FB in January and was told that an update was about to be released. After waiting another month I reached out again, described my issues, uploaded some pics, uploaded my receipt and answered a few questions. They have agreed to replace the unit via Manna Shipping. Looking at about two weeks.

We'll see. I will update the group.

Best.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	28309651_10214190828272322_793637435_o.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	761.5 KB
ID:	2364314  
post #1837 of 1894 Old 02-20-2018, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoy68 View Post
Hello all,

Just wanted to share my experience so far. Purchased my 65H8C in March. After waiting patiently for a firmware update I hit my limit.

I had the following issues:
a) no built-in Netflix HDR
b) HDCP issues between it and my ROKU (yes, I switched out the cables just in case)
c) When connecting, dark Netflix with ROKU as source
d) another (assumed) handshake issue causing a static screen

Contacted Hisense via FB in January and was told that an update was about to be released. After waiting another month I reached out again, described my issues, uploaded some pics, uploaded my receipt and answered a few questions. They have agreed to replace the unit via Manna Shipping. Looking at about two weeks.

We'll see. I will update the group.

Best.
Unfortunately, the purple screen issue with ROKU won't be fixed with a new TV. It is a known issue with ROKU Premier + and ULTRA. I have the 65H8C+ and still get the purple screen with my premier +. Others with different brand TVs have the same issue. Hopefully, you'll get the C+ or D+ model. HDR actually works and you get more menu options.

For those of you with the C+ model, what color, contrast and brightness settings are you using? I'll post mine when I get home. I have ultra smooth and basically all other settings off, theater mode, low color temp and brightness set to 31. My eyes just can't get satisfied with any picture after seeing the TCL. I thought I had my PQ looking good but got a 43' TCL S series for the bedroom and it just looks better. The colors just seem richer. The C+ has better specs, though, so maybe I'm just missing something. It seems the darks are better on the TCL.
post #1838 of 1894 Old 02-20-2018, 09:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Well I still love my 55H8C but wish I'd waited for the newer version that actually has a HDR icon or something so you can tell it is getting it. Pretty crappy of them to not add the feature to the early sets in a firmware update. But I did get the 4 year warranty so maybe that's a good plus. Things move on and you can wait forever for the latest and greatest version or buy what you like when you have a chance and the money. It still completely blows away the 1080p Sony 50ex645 I used to have that I was perfectly happy with.
The new cheap Chinese sets keep stepping up their game and hopefully one of them actually release a good real OLED set cheap soon.
post #1839 of 1894 Old 02-25-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel77 View Post

They did that with me with the receipt also! I said if that's the case than when i first registered it i guess that's meaningless also. They want to replace my motherboard again im done with this company ! cant wait till the new TCL 6 series come out!
post #1840 of 1894 Old 03-02-2018, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Several people have reported that there is an updated 2017 or Plus / + model of the 55H8C and 65H8C. Is anyone aware of a 2017 or Plus / + model of the 50H8C? I've never seen it mentioned here.
post #1841 of 1894 Old 03-04-2018, 11:01 AM

65H8C Help

Hey all! I just picked up the 65H8C yesterday from Best Buy. Do I have the 2016 or 2017 version? I feel like it’s the 2017 model due to the menu screens looking different from 2016 videos I found online. Any way to know for sure?

What are your preferred calibrations? I’ve seen a bunch online, however they don’t note all of the settings, like low, med, high backlight, motion, active contrast and whatever other items like that. I feel like the calibrations i found are for the 2016 model. I play PS4 Pro so even better if someone who plays on that has a calibration they can share.

I have a Roku like I’m sure everyone else has. I did change it to 4K HDR 60hz. This should mean that any 4K HDR content is now playable, right? Non-4K content should be upscale but HDR doesn’t apply, right? I swear at one point the picture settings showed the words HDR standard, HDR theater, etc, but now it just says standard, theater etc. No matter if its hooked up to Roku or the PS4 Pro, those words HDR are no longer said when selecting which picture setting you want. I do have ‘enhanced’ turned on. Why did it say HDR before and now it’s gone? Thanks!
post #1842 of 1894 Old 03-04-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batt1eRatt1e View Post
Hey all! I just picked up the 65H8C yesterday from Best Buy. Do I have the 2016 or 2017 version? I feel like it’s the 2017 model due to the menu screens looking different from 2016 videos I found online. Any way to know for sure?

What are your preferred calibrations? I’ve seen a bunch online, however they don’t note all of the settings, like low, med, high backlight, motion, active contrast and whatever other items like that. I feel like the calibrations i found are for the 2016 model. I play PS4 Pro so even better if someone who plays on that has a calibration they can share.

I have a Roku like I’m sure everyone else has. I did change it to 4K HDR 60hz. This should mean that any 4K HDR content is now playable, right? Non-4K content should be upscale but HDR doesn’t apply, right? I swear at one point the picture settings showed the words HDR standard, HDR theater, etc, but now it just says standard, theater etc. No matter if its hooked up to Roku or the PS4 Pro, those words HDR are no longer said when selecting which picture setting you want. I do have ‘enhanced’ turned on. Why did it say HDR before and now it’s gone? Thanks!

I didn’t see a way to edit my post so I qouted it. My box itself has no manufactured date however the back of the TV says it was manufactured in September 2017. The quick start guide says it’s a 65H8C+, however the back of the TV and box don’t state that it’s the + model. So what’s the story? Do I have a 65H8C or a 65H8C+? Is this the 2016 or 2017 model? What’s the difference between the + and non +?
post #1843 of 1894 Old 03-04-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:
I didn’t see a way to edit my post so I qouted it. My box itself has no manufactured date however the back of the TV says it was manufactured in September 2017. The quick start guide says it’s a 65H8C+, however the back of the TV and box don’t state that it’s the + model. So what’s the story? Do I have a 65H8C or a 65H8C+? Is this the 2016 or 2017 model? What’s the difference between the + and non +?

After talking to Hisense, they said they don’t know why the quick start guide says + and they don’t know what that means. My TV is the 65H8C and it was manufactured in September 2017. They could not confirm if that means mine is the 2016 or 2017 model.
post #1844 of 1894 Old 03-05-2018, 07:35 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
After talking to Hisense, they said they don’t know why the quick start guide says + and they don’t know what that means. My TV is the 65H8C and it was manufactured in September 2017. They could not confirm if that means mine is the 2016 or 2017 model.
They are idiots, you have the 2017 (+) model. When playing HDR content if you access the picture setting the settings will all contain HDR in their name like "HDR Theater".

post #1845 of 1894 Old 03-08-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirgey View Post
They are idiots, you have the 2017 (+) model. When playing HDR content if you access the picture setting the settings will all contain HDR in their name like "HDR Theater".
The + is the newer version that actually works my 65h8c is the older version 2016 .
post #1846 of 1894 Old 03-09-2018, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll chime with with my experience w/Hisense customer service;

Bought this TV 1/2017 @ BB during the $750 sale, was considering Samsung K8000 (and wish I went with it!), but took a chance at the price, realizing it wasn't at the same level, but half the price. Figured I'd wait until OLEDs came down in price.

Got it home, tried HDR on Roku premier + and later, appleTV 4k, was underwhelmed, actually turned HDR on both off and just use 4k resolution.

TV did have backlight clouding and noticeable vertical bars depending on scene. After reading through this forum, was hoping to get a 2017 65H8C plus replacement version. Contacted Hisense on 2/27. When through the number troubleshooting, verification of purchases, etc... On 3/6, they said they would replace and ship a new one. Took deliver today from Manna, unfortunately it was a 12/2016 build date! I'll put the TV through it's paces and see if there is still any backlight clouding issues. Can't complain about the customer service though, they did everything pretty quickly.

Last edited by chriss1241; 03-09-2018 at 03:09 PM. Reason: typo
post #1847 of 1894 Old 03-13-2018, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranakin View Post
Several people have reported that there is an updated 2017 or Plus / + model of the 55H8C and 65H8C. Is anyone aware of a 2017 or Plus / + model of the 50H8C? I've never seen it mentioned here.
Just wanted to raise this question again in case anyone is able to chime in.
post #1848 of 1894 Old 03-15-2018, 05:59 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shesha View Post
Yes! And Hisense, you would give us H8C owners a damn firmware update!!!!!!! Let me know when something is playing in HDR
It's been awhile since I've checked this thread and am amazed at all the issues with Hisense. I'm still waiting for an update any news on this front or are they blowing us off?
post #1849 of 1894 Old 03-15-2018, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaniac View Post
It's been awhile since I've checked this thread and am amazed at all the issues with Hisense. I'm still waiting for an update any news on this front or are they blowing us off?
At this point I give up, lat thing I heard from them is there is no planer to help the 2016 owners with any kind of further firmware update.
post #1850 of 1894 Old 03-16-2018, 04:03 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaniac View Post
I will say that I don't have much issues. Hisense does need to work on being clearer with their product, though. I have the updated "+" model and had no idea. Box had no mention of it.

One thing, though, I'd have to recommend "Vivid" mode for this TV. It's probably just preference but every calibration I've tried that's been recommended is just too dull. Maybe that's how it's "supposed" to be but an adjusted "Vivid" mode looks damn good when your watching movies. I do switch back to theater mode with the calibrated settings mentioned here for most of my TV watching though.

The only issue for me is the skin tone on this tv. When HDR is on I find it to be a bit too red but that's a minor gripe.
post #1851 of 1894 Old 03-16-2018, 08:29 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by whskyjohnson View Post
I will say that I don't have much issues. Hisense does need to work on being clearer with their product, though. I have the updated "+" model and had no idea. Box had no mention of it.

One thing, though, I'd have to recommend "Vivid" mode for this TV. It's probably just preference but every calibration I've tried that's been recommended is just too dull. Maybe that's how it's "supposed" to be but an adjusted "Vivid" mode looks damn good when your watching movies. I do switch back to theater mode with the calibrated settings mentioned here for most of my TV watching though.

The only issue for me is the skin tone on this tv. When HDR is on I find it to be a bit too red but that's a minor gripe.
Red was a problem for me too. Try turning down the red a bit. I did this and its much better. Below is a before and after.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180309_223905.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2376056   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180309_232407.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	2376058  
post #1852 of 1894 Old 03-17-2018, 03:28 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shesha View Post
At this point I give up, lat thing I heard from them is there is no planer to help the 2016 owners with any kind of further firmware update.
That sucks! I was hoping an update would take care of my occasional over the air channel and Netflix freezing up. Looks like I'll never buy another Hisense again.
post #1853 of 1894 Old 03-19-2018, 07:53 PM

Well I just had my 65H8C replaced. I was experiencing the same washed out HDR on my Apple TV 4K that has been mentioned here but it also had other issues with that HDMI port because the Apple TV would eventually end up flickering and then scaling down to 720p. I had to reset the TV to get it to come back and that only lasted a few days.

The replacement process wasn’t too bad as they sent Manna with a new one. Hisense support did mess up somewhere because I had some guy in Chicago calling me asking me where his replacement TV was and as it turns out he received and email from Hisense support that contained the names and emails of several other people who had warranty claims including my own. I called Hisense and they claimed they had no idea what was going on and suspected a Phishing scam but I know how to spot one of those being an IT Guy and this was definitely legit.

Upon arrival the replacement is a 3/17 man date and says 65K5503UW on the side and 65H8C on the back. The menu system is totally different however has the HDR color modes that I never saw on my old one. Also the remote is a Sharp which I assume is because Hisense owns sharp now and is using the same remotes across different branded TVs. I will say the black uniformity is better on this set.

Altogether the process just further cheapened their name with me.

At this point I’m thinking about trying to sell this TV locally and picking up a Samsung 65MU8000 for $1k or a Sony 65x850e but I also don’t want to take a hit if the picture quality isn’t significantly better.
post #1854 of 1894 Old 03-23-2018, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Please Help

I'm having a huge issue, I have a PS4 Pro for the second time around, the first time I owned the Pro I has zero issues, now when I play the pro have it hooked up to one of the 4K 60hz ports of course and I get really bad shudder when play any game, I have the HDMI enhanced setup and never seen this before, I switch it to one of the 4K 30hz ports and its gone.

Of course I want t play the Pro in 4K 30hz, please can anyone help me out with this issue.

Thanks
post #1855 of 1894 Old 03-23-2018, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalboyle14 View Post
I'm having a huge issue, I have a PS4 Pro for the second time around, the first time I owned the Pro I has zero issues, now when I play the pro have it hooked up to one of the 4K 60hz ports of course and I get really bad shudder when play any game, I have the HDMI enhanced setup and never seen this before, I switch it to one of the 4K 30hz ports and its gone.

Of course I want t play the Pro in 4K 30hz, please can anyone help me out with this issue.

Thanks
did you try a different hdmi cable , a newer high speed cable
post #1856 of 1894 Old 04-01-2018, 12:05 AM

Just picked up a 65H8C yesterday from Best Buy. Using Apple TV 4K, brand new Yamaha AVR, certified high speed cables, HDMI set to enhanced. I cannot get the “HDR” picture modes to show up when streaming via Netflix. Any thoughts? Here is a photo of my current firmware. Am I missing something? Ran the Apple TV HDR test in the settings menu and everything checked out there. I’m stumped and about to return the TV.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	30325E8A-E312-45A2-A386-401AE448B634_1522566298234.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	2383464  
post #1857 of 1894 Old 04-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedubxj View Post
Just picked up a 65H8C yesterday from Best Buy. Using Apple TV 4K, brand new Yamaha AVR, certified high speed cables, HDMI set to enhanced. I cannot get the “HDR” picture modes to show up when streaming via Netflix. Any thoughts? Here is a photo of my current firmware. Am I missing something? Ran the Apple TV HDR test in the settings menu and everything checked out there. I’m stumped and about to return the TV.
That looks like the 2016 model I believe. That firmware version is the same as the H6 I had before it was replaced with a 2017 H8C under warranty for clouding issues. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, however if it is the 2016 version I would exchange it as a proper HDR firmware update has yet to be released.......lots of disappointed people in this thread with that issue.
post #1858 of 1894 Old 04-09-2018, 10:04 AM

how to activate unknown sources on hisense smart tv / version BM-6570 4K
post #1859 of 1894 Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 AM

How to install the file "es file explorer" on hisense smart tv / version BM-6570 4K? I tried with the usb key but it does not give me the hand to the istaller yet it detected with the file?
post #1860 of 1894 Old 04-09-2018, 11:10 AM

Liked: 11
Is there a definitive answer as to whether the builtin apps do HDR/4K? Youtube/Amazon? This is what I'm seeing with builtin youtube app <attached>. Only seeing the HD logo. Is there an Ulra HD or HDR?

Also in HDR on PS4 it seems washed out so I increase the color, up backlight to 90, and kick up the greens a bit for foliage in Far Cry 5 and Uncharted: Lost Legacy. Is anyone noticing better picture with HDR or just more washed out?

Anyone have specific settings for game mode? All the guides configs posted seem to just copy all the same settings from Theater mode, which has a different color temperature(probably more differences).

As far as input devices, any suggestion for playing 4k HDR content off HTPC with NVIDIA Quadro 2000M over HDMI? I know NVidia Shield is recommended but kind of pricey for me.

@ahcene are you trying to install Android APK files onto this Opera OS TV?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180328_192008.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	580.8 KB
ID:	2387600  
ahcene likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page