2016 Hisense H8C, H5C, H4C and H3C Entry Level series - Page 64 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 222Likes

post #1891 of 1894 Old 11-24-2018, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfsbikerhcjcx View Post
Has anyone been able to get a decent looking HDR picture on the 50H8C? I'm using a Shield TV and a certified 4k 60hz 4:4:4 HDR cable but there is no indication that HDR is enabled.

When I open an HDR video on either Prime or Netflix the image gets very cold and dim. As soon as I change the contrast or picture mode then the image gets very bright and washes out the highlights. The only fix is to back out of the video and then play it again. I've messed around with the picture settings but it just seems like the TV is not reading the metadata correctly or something.
I have the same exact problem with my 2016 50H8C. HDR is completely broken with the same exact issues you names (completely washed out if on non-HDR content and then suddenly dark/dim when on actual HDR content). There is no fix other than to never buy Hisense again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 1894 Old 11-25-2018, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranakin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfsbikerhcjcx View Post
Has anyone been able to get a decent looking HDR picture on the 50H8C? I'm using a Shield TV and a certified 4k 60hz 4:4:4 HDR cable but there is no indication that HDR is enabled.

When I open an HDR video on either Prime or Netflix the image gets very cold and dim. As soon as I change the contrast or picture mode then the image gets very bright and washes out the highlights. The only fix is to back out of the video and then play it again. I've messed around with the picture settings but it just seems like the TV is not reading the metadata correctly or something.
I have the same exact problem with my 2016 50H8C. HDR is completely broken with the same exact issues you names (completely washed out if on non-HDR content and then suddenly dark/dim when on actual HDR content). There is no fix other than to never buy Hisense again.
I went out and bought a TCL and put my hisesnse in the bedroom. I will never buy this brand again, i have the same year TV as you, and their support has been the most dismal I have ever seen.
musicmaniac likes this.
post #1893 of 1894 Old 01-08-2019, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shesha View Post
I went out and bought a TCL and put my hisesnse in the bedroom. I will never buy this brand again, i have the same year TV as you, and their support has been the most dismal I have ever seen.
I'm with you and did the exact same thing! The worst TV company I have ever dealt with period.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1894 of 1894 Old 01-08-2019, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I have the 65cu200 and got a new avr receiver and I cant get ARC to work between the two.
I know theres a new firmware version for the TV (dont know if it would solve the ARC problem or not) but I cant get them to give me the new firmware.

I called them and for this issue basically I was just told that the TV is 3 years old and the software is obsolete and not compatible with the new receivers that have newer ARC software...

I gave up with that call. Will try again some other time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page