Official Samsung KS9000 4K UHD Owners Thread - Page 39 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 456Likes

post #1141 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post
HDMI ARC is always hit or miss and most cases its usually a issue wit the audio receiver there are so many make and models. Some might work others may not it seems to be hit or miss but either way for best results I would Not use a Audio Receiver for anything but Audio... If folks want the best picture from their TV or 4K Player PS4 Pro or any other main Video Harder its always best to have those plugged into the Once Connect Box or whatever 4K Brand you may have. Audio receivers seems not to handle video well and Again since there are so many some might work better than others. But usally the video and PQ takes a hit going through them the only time I would suggest using a Audio Receiver would be just for extra HDMI Ports is all. Folks should use the main HDMI Ports on the One Connect for their main devices and just use the Audio Receiver that just that to handle the audio. So the easiest and less headaches is just to run a Digital Audio to the One Connect back to the Audio receiver for sound. If folks want their other devices to have surround sound to work they might have to use digital audio cables hooked to those devices back to their audio receivers. At some point Samsung probably should have a list of Audio Receivers that have been tested for that specific feature to work. But it will take both parties working together to make it a smoother process.
I will agree HDMI ARC is typically hit or miss, considering you have multiple devices that all need to be working correct for it all to work. Anytime you have ARC issues, power everything down and back on. If that doesn't work - power everything down and unplug, then power back on. Seriously, sometimes things get messed up and fully killing the power to them is the only way to resolve the issue.

As for AVRs and running HDMI through them, I will have to say that modern 4K AVRs don't degrade video quality at all. They will passthrough 4K HDR just fine. Another thing to consider is Dolby Digital Plus. If you run devices into the One Connect box first, and use optical out - it typically won't send DD+ because of bandwidth issues. You will only get DD.

For me and the KS9000, the other thing I noticed was a lipsync issue with devices connected to the One Connect box and then out to the AVR via optical. This didn't affect the built in apps, but I definitely had an issue where there was an audio delay to the AVR. Tried all the delay settings I could, but I couldn't solve it.

For me, I have everything running into my AVR via HDMI and then out to the One Connect box. Only exception is my PS4 Pro. I have that plugged in directly to the One Connect so the TV can auto switch to that input which is set for game mode. Because of the optical delays, I'm using optical out directly from my PS4 Pro to the AVR.

I played with ARC, but I hated it. Don't like that you have to have Anynet on in the settings. I have a Harmony remote that controls everything. With the Anynet HDMI control, the TV wanted to control my other devices.

-Kevin
King Richard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post

As for AVRs and running HDMI through them, I will have to say that modern 4K AVRs don't degrade video quality at all. They will passthrough 4K HDR just fine. Another thing to consider is Dolby Digital Plus. If you run devices into the One Connect box first, and use optical out - it typically won't send DD+ because of bandwidth issues. You will only get DD.

-Kevin
I agree completely with the above statement and do not see any video degradation in my configuration, everything works as it should connected to the AVR.
azz7686 and King Richard like this.
post #1143 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Exclamation

(sorry for the Double post already asked to delete the previous post)

Hey guys,

I noticed this thin white line along the borders, on my 55KS9000:

Video:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlQy6AL8y9oagk22-7AIp48R_Abc

Photo:

I went to 5 diferent stores, all Samsung KS models have this.

I even notice it on the KS8000 Rtings review and Samsung 2017 models:

Ces 2017

Rtings

What you guys think about this?

I think its normal, but i dont know why the TV does this?
Im going to create a separate thread since it affects all Samsung KS models.

You can notice this more with orange and grey colours, vivid colours.

I created a separated thread about this on LCD section as well :

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...g-borders.html

Thank you all

Last edited by streetunder; 01-11-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1144 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
We have not experienced this banding issue with our 65KS9000 model and my wife doesn't miss ANYTHANG!!!
Robmidi likes this.
post #1145 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Joe View Post
We have not experienced this banding issue with our 65KS9000 model and my wife doesn't miss ANYTHANG!!!
Thanks

Try with Blade Runner 2049 trailer, look close to the borders, on the orange scenes.

I created a separated thread about this on LCD section as well :

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/index....1737?_k=xlgfo3
post #1146 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 08:20 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetunder View Post
(sorry for the Double post already asked to delete the previous post)

Hey guys,

I noticed this thin white line along the borders, on my 55KS9000:

Video:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlQy6AL8y9oagk22-7AIp48R_Abc

Photo:

I went to 5 diferent stores, all Samsung KS models have this.

I even notice it on the KS8000 Rtings review and Samsung 2017 models:

Ces 2017

Rtings

What you guys think about this?

I think its normal, but i dont know why the TV does this?
Im going to create a separate thread since it affects all Samsung KS models.

You can notice this more with orange and grey colours, vivid colours.

Thank you all
Is it just along the top or bottom? If it is it's because the LED's in this TV are at the top and bottom instead of the sides. If it's on every side of the TV then I have no clue.
post #1147 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Joe View Post
Ditto with the one I got yesterday. No lines.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
post #1148 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmidi View Post

+1

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Robmidi likes this.
post #1149 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfeldman721 View Post
Is it just along the top or bottom? If it is it's because the LED's in this TV are at the top and bottom instead of the sides. If it's on every side of the TV then I have no clue.
Yeap, its along the borders on every side.

But more noticeable on top and bottom, specially the top.

From avs KS9000 review:

Its a little bit difficult to see it in that picture, but the line is there

From KS8000 Rtings review:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRiot View Post
+1

Guys watch this trailer:

Go close to the tv and check the borders, specially on the orange scenes:

Default settings and hdr+ turned off on youtube

Last edited by streetunder; 01-11-2017 at 10:51 PM.
post #1150 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 10:37 PM

Looks fine to me. However if you're not happy with your setup then I would suggest either a replacement or another brand that does work for you and makes you happy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170111_213053.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1890217

Terminader and streetunder like this.
post #1151 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Looks fine to me. However if you're not happy with your setup then I would suggest either a replacement or another brand that does work for you and makes you happy.

Attachment 1890217

Thank you, could you upload your photo to imgur? full res?

What settings are you using?

Well, another brand is not possible since i cant return the tv now its been 2 months, i need to confirm first if its indeed a problem before send to Samsung.

If i call Samsung they come to my house to check if the TV is good? Im afraid they might lie and say that everything is fine...
post #1152 of 1846 Old 01-11-2017, 11:08 PM

Default settings natural. I do believe that light bleed/banding is inherent to the edge lighting technology it's just some sets show more than others and it's also what the content quality is.

I'm sure I'll come across the light bleed at some point but honestly don't worry about it as life's just too short and there's definitely more important things to worry over.

streetunder likes this.
post #1153 of 1846 Old 01-12-2017, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Yes, at least that's what happened for me after installing a recent firmware and TV reset. I did not need to add the home AVR as I did prior to the update.
Still no luck. Firmware on the AVR is upto date (1.91), all other settings are correct. Might try to power down everthing, unplug and see if that works.

Thanks for the assistance anyway. Much appreciated.
post #1154 of 1846 Old 01-12-2017, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
I will agree HDMI ARC is typically hit or miss, considering you have multiple devices that all need to be working correct for it all to work. Anytime you have ARC issues, power everything down and back on. If that doesn't work - power everything down and unplug, then power back on. Seriously, sometimes things get messed up and fully killing the power to them is the only way to resolve the issue.

For me and the KS9000, the other thing I noticed was a lipsync issue with devices connected to the One Connect box and then out to the AVR via optical. This didn't affect the built in apps, but I definitely had an issue where there was an audio delay to the AVR. Tried all the delay settings I could, but I couldn't solve it.

For me, I have everything running into my AVR via HDMI and then out to the One Connect box. Only exception is my PS4 Pro. I have that plugged in directly to the One Connect so the TV can auto switch to that input which is set for game mode. Because of the optical delays, I'm using optical out directly from my PS4 Pro to the AVR.

I played with ARC, but I hated it. Don't like that you have to have Anynet on in the settings. I have a Harmony remote that controls everything. With the Anynet HDMI control, the TV wanted to control my other devices.

-Kevin
Yeah again just depends on what folks want to but overall I think the PQ is always better running your video through the TV instead of a Audio Receiver. So it just depends but the HDMI ARC is way over blown the main thing is as long as folks surround sound works and the video quality is good is really all that matters. Either way like I have said things will Always vary due to some people have better equipment than others like audio receivers,cabling, TV Providers are different which some have better DVR's than other providers. Which dictate how things look when it comes to PQ and everything else so overall folks just have to adjust things to with what they have but it's Never going to be the same for everyone no matter what TV Manufacture it is all of those things will always be a factor.
Terminader and Robmidi like this.
post #1155 of 1846 Old 01-12-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetunder View Post
Yeap, its along the borders on every side.

But more noticeable on top and bottom, specially the top.

From avs KS9000 review:

Its a little bit difficult to see it in that picture, but the line is there

From KS8000 Rtings review:

Guys watch this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog

Go close to the tv and check the borders, specially on the orange scenes:

Default settings and hdr+ turned off on youtube

Hmm I notice nothing on my set so does it do this on everything thing you watch on youtube on your TV or just this particular Trailer?? If it's just this specific trailer then it's more of a issue with the content not as much as the TV. You might try some scenes from like Mad Max or Martian to see if it does similar things since those have some orange scenes in them. If it does not then it's just something with that particular clip but again folks have to remember some content will look better than others.
streetunder likes this.
post #1156 of 1846 Old 01-12-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:

Attachment 1890217

Yeah I don't see anything out of the ordinary from that picture..
post #1157 of 1846 Old 01-12-2017, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Please, there are some worst problems than that line... My 55Ks9000 has some corner flashlight (bottom), visible in some transitions, and game loading. Also, most of the times, with the black bars... Could I send the set back, yes, but again comes the lottery... with my luck, the next set could be worst... If I move my viewing position (if I sit a little up) those artifacts wont be visible or less visible... But what can I say... sick of all brands... Sammy, LG or others, all with their issues...

kiss kiss, bang bang
Robmidi, ToonTonic and streetunder like this.
post #1158 of 1846 Old 01-12-2017, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by FQs19 View Post
I've tried 3 different One Connect boxes. None of them cured the issues.
They're not the problem anyway.

No TV should be made with just 1 HDMI input.
It causes nothing but headaches.
The TV should also not be trying to figure out what device is sending information to the TV.
I should just be able to tell the TV, Use 'these' settings and that's it.
Don't tell me what device is sending a signal, just 'bleeping' display it.

I hope your new One Connect box helps but I doubt it will.
The software needs to be fixed.

Replaced my One Connect box and cable two days ago, so far so good. Knock on wood and fingers crossed.
ToonTonic and FQs19 like this.

Samsung UN65KS9000, Onkyo TX-RZ710, Oppo UDP-203, Amazon Fire TV, Dish Hopper, SCP Premium Certified Ultra Slim HDMI Cables
post #1159 of 1846 Old 01-12-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:

Update: Go into Picture Size, change to fit to screen. Line should go away.

post #1160 of 1846 Old 01-12-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Default settings natural. I do believe that light bleed/banding is inherent to the edge lighting technology it's just some sets show more than others and it's also what the content quality is.

I'm sure I'll come across the light bleed at some point but honestly don't worry about it as life's just too short and there's definitely more important things to worry over.

You have the same on your TV

Can you take a full resolution picture closer to the tv and upload to imgur , without pausing the video?

Quote:
Hmm I notice nothing on my set so does it do this on everything thing you watch on youtube on your TV or just this particular Trailer?? If it's just this specific trailer then it's more of a issue with the content not as much as the TV. You might try some scenes from like Mad Max or Martian to see if it does similar things since those have some orange scenes in them. If it does not then it's just something with that particular clip but again folks have to remember some content will look better than others.
Everything, but its much more noticeable with vivid colours, grey colours.

Dark, night, black scenes no line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampiropt View Post
Please, there are some worst problems than that line... My 55Ks9000 has some corner flashlight (bottom), visible in some transitions, and game loading. Also, most of the times, with the black bars... Could I send the set back, yes, but again comes the lottery... with my luck, the next set could be worst... If I move my viewing position (if I sit a little up) those artifacts wont be visible or less visible... But what can I say... sick of all brands... Sammy, LG or others, all with their issues...

kiss kiss, bang bang
So true. They only care about profit.

Last edited by streetunder; 01-12-2017 at 10:29 PM.
post #1161 of 1846 Old 01-13-2017, 03:19 AM
etp

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My 65KS9000 thoughts.

This is a fine TV but I am not impressed by UHD BD movie quality on this display in general over a BD or 1080P set up.

Yes the resolution is better but it looks like the BB displays were set up to sell TVs and only sell TVs which is no surprise BTW. I am not impressed with the theoretical increase in PQ over my old Samsung 1080P set up and neither is my wife.

Since I bought the setup at a great price no harm done as I needed a 65" quality TV anyway. And it could be that size maters?????

Maybe the QLED will be an improvement in the future

ETP

Last edited by etp; 01-13-2017 at 03:22 AM.
post #1162 of 1846 Old 01-13-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etp View Post
My 65KS9000 thoughts.

This is a fine TV but I am not impressed by UHD BD movie quality on this display in general over a BD or 1080P set up.

Yes the resolution is better but it looks like the BB displays were set up to sell TVs and only sell TVs which is no surprise BTW. I am not impressed with the theoretical increase in PQ over my old Samsung 1080P set up and neither is my wife.

Since I bought the setup at a great price no harm done as I needed a 65" quality TV anyway. And it could be that size maters?????

Maybe the QLED will be an improvement in the future
I have not watch any Blu Ray Disk yet but I have been impress with the Samsung 4K player so far when watching 4K Movies have looked really good. But Again folks have to Remember that some Blu Ray Disk and 4K Disk Movies will look better than others No Matter what 4K Tv you watch it on. Same goes for regular HD TV Some Channels look better than others.
post #1163 of 1846 Old 01-15-2017, 10:43 PM

Hey

I was wondering, whats the best way to clean the screen?

Ive been using this for years

http://www.discobianco.com/mediarang...ml?language=en

"Liquid does not contain alcohol (non-combustible), methanol-free"

Cheers
post #1164 of 1846 Old 01-16-2017, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
SOME EYE CANDY TO TEST HDR+ EFFECTS:

This particular clip looks great with HDR+ enabled (for best results, download the clip to a thumb drive using 4KVIDEODOWNLOADER):

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #1165 of 1846 Old 01-16-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah again just depends on what folks want to but overall I think the PQ is always better running your video through the TV instead of a Audio Receiver. So it just depends but the HDMI ARC is way over blown the main thing is as long as folks surround sound works and the video quality is good is really all that matters. Either way like I have said things will Always vary due to some people have better equipment than others like audio receivers,cabling, TV Providers are different which some have better DVR's than other providers. Which dictate how things look when it comes to PQ and everything else so overall folks just have to adjust things to with what they have but it's Never going to be the same for everyone no matter what TV Manufacture it is all of those things will always be a factor.
For Kevin, I was watching Blue Bloods on Netflix on my UBD-K8500 through toslink to my Denon 3312ci and had to do a -88 on the delay and everything works great now. I got a KS9000 and did the calibration settings off Rtings.com and now use "Movie" settings for everything. Looks fabulous.

post #1166 of 1846 Old 01-17-2017, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quick question, has any one posted any pictures or video of their 75" KS9000? Also, the one connect cable, do you think the fiber optic connect cables that are coming with the new QLED's will be able to be used on the KS9000? Im guessing the connectors are the same? Thanks...

I wish these forums had an option that you can open any thread and have it only show you pics posted in that thread..that would be very helpful!

Ah, one last question, what is with the pricing on this set? I saw that for a while it was selling for 4500-5000 and now its 6500? Is this TV ever going to drop in price?

Last edited by PExeter; 01-17-2017 at 07:39 AM.
post #1167 of 1846 Old 01-18-2017, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I'm new to this forum lark but have a problem with my new KS9000 UK version. The ITV player doesn't load or display properly, I simply get a black screen with 4 menu options down the left side of the screen. the first time I accessed it there was an option to insert my postcode but it didn't select when I hit the centre button on the smart remote, now I just get the page described above. I cant seem to see any way of updating/reloading the player. All other players load and run fine (BBC etc.). Any advice?

Thanks

Phil
post #1168 of 1846 Old 01-18-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
SOME EYE CANDY TO TEST HDR+ EFFECTS:

This particular clip looks great with HDR+ enabled (for best results, download the clip to a thumb drive using 4KVIDEODOWNLOADER):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NCZ9hgjIzI
Yeah Youtube actually has a lot of 4K content out there was kind of surprised how much...
post #1169 of 1846 Old 01-18-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattage View Post
Hi, I'm new to this forum lark but have a problem with my new KS9000 UK version. The ITV player doesn't load or display properly, I simply get a black screen with 4 menu options down the left side of the screen. the first time I accessed it there was an option to insert my postcode but it didn't select when I hit the centre button on the smart remote, now I just get the page described above. I cant seem to see any way of updating/reloading the player. All other players load and run fine (BBC etc.). Any advice?

Thanks

Phil
Yeah I'm not to familiar with ITV is it a App for the TV??

Might check here as well.

http://www.itv.com/help/tv
post #1170 of 1846 Old 01-18-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampiropt View Post

kiss kiss, bang bang
First where did you buy from?? Second if this is your second set and still having those kind of issues and you got it from the same merchant I would for sure be buying from some where else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KS9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page