Official Samsung KS9000 4K UHD Owners Thread - Page 42 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 459Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1231 of 1868 Old 01-27-2017, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Rudy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 5,761
Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked: 3284
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
The sleep timer and ECO settings are all turned off and have been from the start. I did a complete reset and it's still shutting down all on its own. The software has been updated to the latest version.
Your next task is to isolate the potential cause of the problem. Make sure the power cord is firmly seated at the back of the TV. Get a small surge suppressor and connect just the TV to it. If the shutdowns continue, take notes to determine the exact interval and precise frequency of the shut downs. Contact Samsung support with this information and open a ticket...there could be a problem with the power supply.
King Richard likes this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
Rudy1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1232 of 1868 Old 01-27-2017, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
captain_video's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 4,916
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 825 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
Your next task is to isolate the potential cause of the problem. Make sure the power cord is firmly seated at the back of the TV. Get a small surge suppressor and connect just the TV to it. If the shutdowns continue, take notes to determine the exact interval and precise frequency of the shut downs. Contact Samsung support with this information and open a ticket...there could be a problem with the power supply.
The TV has not only been on its own surge suppressor from day one, it's on a circuit dedicated solely to the TV. I wired the home theater room this way when I finished my basement. I haven't timed the intervals at which it shuts down, but I'm guessing the initial shutdown occurs about 20-25 minutes after it's been powered on. I haven't timed any subsequent shutdowns.
King Richard likes this.
captain_video is online now  
post #1233 of 1868 Old 01-27-2017, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Rudy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 5,761
Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked: 3284
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
The TV has not only been on its own surge suppressor from day one, it's on a circuit dedicated solely to the TV. I wired the home theater room this way when I finished my basement. I haven't timed the intervals at which it shuts down, but I'm guessing the initial shutdown occurs about 20-25 minutes after it's been powered on. I haven't timed any subsequent shutdowns.
Excellent. So all you have left to do is document the shutdowns, and you'll have precise information to give to Samsung. I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.
King Richard likes this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
Rudy1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1234 of 1868 Old 01-28-2017, 05:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
captain_video's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 4,916
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 825 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
Excellent. So all you have left to do is document the shutdowns, and you'll have precise information to give to Samsung. I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.
Thanks. I timed the first shutdown and it was almost exactly 20 minutes after I turned the TV on. It stayed up the rest of the night without another incident after switching it back on. I have had instances where it shut down several times over the course of the evening so I'll have to start keeping track of when it occurs to buildup a record.
captain_video is online now  
post #1235 of 1868 Old 01-28-2017, 11:41 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Waiting for it to happen again The anticipation is killing me!!

I have TiVo/Apple TV/Roku. Each plugged into AVR via HDMI and AVR HDMI out to TV. I don't want to plug these directly into the One Connect box as I won't get DD+ passed back via Optical, plus I notice an audio delay that can't be adjusted correctly when a source goes into the One Connect box and out to the AVR via optical. Hate CEC - I have a Harmony Elite to control everything so I turn all that off.

So far I haven't really tested a bunch of things since I was freaked the software was corrupt. Now I know, next time it happens I'm going to try some things first, like power cycle the AVR (didn't do that last 2 times). Maybe this whole thing is some kind of handshake issue. I did try switching cables last time, but didn't try just pulling the HDMI out and plugging back in. Another thing I will try is switching to HDMI2 which does have my PS4 Pro plugged into it. See if that input has problems.

Considering when this happens my HDMI1 input gets renamed to PC, the screen flickers and I lose Movie and Natural, I'm thinking the TV thinks a PC is connected. Need to figure out why all of the sudden this is happening.

AVRs are a way of life in a home theater. The latest models are meant to have everything run through it via HDMI. I just wish Samsung would realize people do this and allow us to turn off all it's auto detecting of inputs etc.

-Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Yes, one of your connected components (or the AVR itself?) is causing your HDMI input setting to switch to PC Mode (which only gives you Dynamic and Standard picture modes).

What are your exact output settings for each of your components? (TiVo/Apple TV/Roku) YCbCR or RGB?; Chroma Subsampling?; Hz?; etc.

For instance, if you were to send an RGB (4:4:4) 60Hz signal to the TV, it might automatically switch to PC Mode.

You can always try to disconnect all but one of your components and swap them out one at a time to narrow it down.

Good luck!



Richard
King Richard is offline  
post #1236 of 1868 Old 01-28-2017, 11:46 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarc8 View Post
Hi there,
Just got a new 65KS9000 TV and I'm having mixed feelings about the TV. I'm coming from Sony which has natural type picture and I'm trying to figure out what's the settings on Samsung TV.

I am current using cable box (1080i) from Rogers and Netflix and I see sometimes, the picture becomes way too bright or too dull or dim..am I doing something wrong?

Hi jmark,

First, make sure all your "Eco" settings are turned OFF.

You can then try going through my >Picture Settings Guide< to fine tune your settings.

(It was primarily written with the JS Series in mind, but will still work for the KS Series.)


Richard
King Richard is offline  
post #1237 of 1868 Old 01-29-2017, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kbmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,470
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
Hey Kevin,

Yes, one of your connected components (or the AVR itself?) is causing your HDMI input setting to switch to PC Mode (which only gives you Dynamic and Standard picture modes).

What are your exact output settings for each of your components? (TiVo/Apple TV/Roku) YCbCR or RGB?; Chroma Subsampling?; Hz?; etc.

For instance, if you were to send an RGB (4:4:4) 60Hz signal to the TV, it might automatically switch to PC Mode.

You can always try to disconnect all but one of your components and swap them out one at a time to narrow it down.

Good luck!



Richard
Thanks for the reply. Thankfully it hasn't happened again. Both times it did, it was while turning on my Watch TV activity, which is the TiVo Roamio and the RX-V481 AVR. Tivo doesn't have any options to set those things - so I'm thinking something happened between the AVR and the TV to cause it to think it was a PC. Not sure if the AVR could have done it, or maybe it had something to due with the cables.

Anyway - I'm ready to test some things if it happens again.

-Kevin
King Richard likes this.
kbmb is offline  
post #1238 of 1868 Old 01-29-2017, 03:59 PM
Senior Member
 
wolsnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
So to responded to my own post with an update. It happened again. Why I think it's losing my settings and Movie mode is the input says it's a PC. I started to wonder if the TV was setting the input as a PC and freaking out (blinking on/off) because the signal wasn't really from a PC. Thoughts?

Anyway, when it happened I switched the HDMI cable with a new one from Amazon. Initially it went away. But I turned TV off and on again after a few minutes and it did it again on the new cable. NOTE: my input here is not a 4K source - it's a 1080p source from a TiVo into my Yamaha and out to HDMI1 on the Samsung.

So now I switched this input on the one connect box to HDMI 3. It was fine for a bit while I tested. So I just switched back to HDMI1 to test. So far so good.

Good news is, when it works all my settings are there as well as Movie mode. Bad news could be.....One Connect box going bad? Is that a symptom?

EDIT: Does anyone know - if the TV thinks a PC is connected - does it remove Movie Mode and Natural so you only get Standard and Dynamic? That's what is happening when my set does this. Not only is it flickering on and off - but the only modes are Standard and Dynamic.

EDIT 2: So based on this post here from @wolsnik
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post49269409



So weirdly sounds like something is causing my TV to think a PC is connected - and it's trying to be too-smart-for-itself and it's messing with the settings. Man I wish you could turn all the Smart detect crap off on this set and just have it use HDMI1 as HDMI1.

-Kevin
I don't have the KS9000 anymore. Moved on to a Sony but I never could resolve this issue with my PC hooked to the tv. It definitely had something to do with the refresh rate. If the computer was outputting 60hz the tv would rename the input PC every time and I lost the movie modes. You say yeah 60hz shouldn't be doing that because a lot of stuff is sending 60hz. I think it might have been a combination of sending RGB + 60hz that triggered it but not sure. If I set the refresh rate in the nvidia control panel to 24hz it would not trigger the PC mode. So yeah it was weird and frustrating.
King Richard likes this.
wolsnik is offline  
post #1239 of 1868 Old 01-29-2017, 06:40 PM
Senior Member
 
citrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Thanks for the reply. Thankfully it hasn't happened again. Both times it did, it was while turning on my Watch TV activity, which is the TiVo Roamio and the RX-V481 AVR. Tivo doesn't have any options to set those things - so I'm thinking something happened between the AVR and the TV to cause it to think it was a PC. Not sure if the AVR could have done it, or maybe it had something to due with the cables.

Anyway - I'm ready to test some things if it happens again.

-Kevin
Didn't read if you are using a Logitech Harmony to control the system; if so, check your MyHarmony to do the input command changes. I had all kinds input problems with the stupid Samsung software where One Connect keep claiming that my input was on hdmi3 where there is no connection to anything. I've had the One Connect saying my connection is BD, hdmi/dvi, dvi, PC.

Found that I was able to set explicit commands to the inputs using the change input on the device (Samsung TV) settings. I have the command, "inputhdmi2", to go to the inputs hdmi2, BD, hdmi/dvi, dvi, & PC, which covers everything for me going to hdmi2 from the AVR. The cable box is set for inputhdmi1 going to input hdmi1 on the One Connect.

Of course still a problem with streaming from Samsung as there is really NO INPUT needed & the One Connect doesn't understand why.

The streaming will be solved as soon as the Amazon Fire TV arrives & connected to the AVR.
citrus is offline  
post #1240 of 1868 Old 01-29-2017, 09:07 PM
 
audacious nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Well, that didn't last long. 11 days after receiving this brand new TV, a TV that I have maybe 10 hours of viewing time on, there was some popping/cracking sounds and a corner of the rear panel has separated. But the worst part is that this caused LED light spiking from the bottom right corner.

Samsung has been contacted, we shall see what they say.
audacious nick is offline  
post #1241 of 1868 Old 01-30-2017, 06:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Infiniti-F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
Well, that didn't last long. 11 days after receiving this brand new TV, a TV that I have maybe 10 hours of viewing time on, there was some popping/cracking sounds and a corner of the rear panel has separated. But the worst part is that this caused LED light spiking from the bottom right corner.

Samsung has been contacted, we shall see what they say.
First where did you buy your set from. Second I would make sure to contact them and make sure they send you another one. I always advised people to buy local like a BB or re seller just a much higher risk ordering direct online to have something damage and its easier dealing with someone locally or even in the same state.
Rudy1 likes this.
Infiniti-F1 is offline  
post #1242 of 1868 Old 01-30-2017, 08:50 AM
 
audacious nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post
First where did you buy your set from. Second I would make sure to contact them and make sure they send you another one. I always advised people to buy local like a BB or re seller just a much higher risk ordering direct online to have something damage and its easier dealing with someone locally or even in the same state.
Samsung sent this out as a replacement device for another TV set that I was having trouble with. Lo and behold, problems have arisen with it, already. This is pretty atrocious. It looked spectacular up until this random unseating of the rear panel.
audacious nick is offline  
post #1243 of 1868 Old 01-30-2017, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Infiniti-F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
Samsung sent this out as a replacement device for another TV set that I was having trouble with. Lo and behold, problems have arisen with it, already. This is pretty atrocious. It looked spectacular up until this random unseating of the rear panel.
Hmm that's crazy wonder if it's how it got delivered hopefully the next one they send you will not have any issues.
Infiniti-F1 is offline  
post #1244 of 1868 Old 01-30-2017, 07:03 PM
Newbie
 
jmarc8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just to give you guys an update about the back cover issue I mentioned last week. So the dealer where I purchased the TV came to my place to check on the TV and agreed that the back cover is not closed or clipped properly. He agreed to exchange the TV with a new one which he brought in case he had to exchange it. Surprisingly the new TV also has this open gap between the back cover and the edge of the TV. Actually the new TV had even a larger gap than my TV. So I didn't exchange it. I am wondering if this is a quality control issue on these TVs. The dealer asked me to call Samsung to see if they can do something about it.

To all owners of 65KS9000, can you pls check the back or on the right hand side of your TV where you plug all the cables to see if the back cover is closed properly or not? Not sure if I'm getting very picky or not but it is certainly annoying.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post
Well first that does not look right either something went wrong when it was originally packaged or got messed up on delivery to the re seller. Either way I would exchange it and then see how things go then move forward on settings so forth. Keep us updated..
jmarc8 is offline  
post #1245 of 1868 Old 01-30-2017, 07:14 PM
Newbie
 
jmarc8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thanks King Richard, I will go through your Picture setting guide. I turned off the "Eco" settings which improves the picture a bit.. I also turned on UHD Color on the HDMI port and the picture is more lively however, the white color comes out a little bit to bright for me.
Still need to tweak it a bit..
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
Hi jmark,

First, make sure all your "Eco" settings are turned OFF.

You can then try going through my >Picture Settings Guide< to fine tune your settings.

(It was primarily written with the JS Series in mind, but will still work for the KS Series.)


Richard
King Richard likes this.
jmarc8 is offline  
post #1246 of 1868 Old 01-30-2017, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
joe75xp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarc8 View Post
To all owners of 65KS9000, can you pls check the back or on the right hand side of your TV where you plug all the cables to see if the back cover is closed properly or not? Not sure if I'm getting very picky or not but it is certainly annoying.
Thanks.
This is a well known issue with all the KS models. You can snap it back together yourself. There are videos available if you want to look into it further on your own. If you have a good screen I wouldn't take the chance on getting something worse.
King Richard likes this.

___________________
:49KS8000 :TX-NR757
joe75xp is offline  
post #1247 of 1868 Old 02-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
OK. Have done a lot of reading and cannot get this fixed, but have a boat load of studder judder on this set. I've tried multiple settings but will can't get it to stop. Tried switching cable companies and set boxes. In particular something like Vikings on hist channel IS highly annoying.

Anyone else? If so, any solutions? For the price of this set, this should not be an issue! A month and a half of dinking around and it still does it. Rrrrrrr


Edit... Maybe the one thing I haven't tried in a while is turning motion control of completely. Seems to have made the difference, but begs the question.. Why have it all?

Last edited by wildh; 02-01-2017 at 08:44 PM.
wildh is offline  
post #1248 of 1868 Old 02-01-2017, 08:41 PM
 
audacious nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildh View Post
OK. Have done a lot of reading and cannot get this fixed, but have a boat load of studder judder on this set. I've tried multiple settings but will can't get it to stop. Tried switching cable companies and set boxes. In particular something like Vikings on hist channel IS highly annoying.

Anyone else? If so, any solutions? For the price of this set, this should not be an issue! A month and a half of dinking around and it still does it. Rrrrrrr


Edit... Maybe the one thing I haven't tried in a while is turning motion control of completely. Seems to have made the difference, but begs the question.. Why have it all?
I have zero judder issues on the set, no matter the input source.
audacious nick is offline  
post #1249 of 1868 Old 02-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
I have zero judder issues on the set, no matter the input source.
Do you have auto motion on?

For me on Amazon apps or other streaming video it doesn't seem to be an issue, but on cable (or satellite) it is unless I have auto motion completely off. Baffled... Maybe has something to do with source content. Some things it would be an issue... Others not.

Last edited by wildh; 02-01-2017 at 09:17 PM.
wildh is offline  
post #1250 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 04:08 AM
Member
 
DuoPad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 20


Has anyone noticed what Im seeing top left corner: a dark section rectangle. This section change size as background light is increasing or decreases. Acceptable?

This is my second unit. Returned first one due to an even worse box in top left corner and massive vertical banding. This unit also suffers from banding (can be seen in picture if you try hard enough).

Isn't the panel quality better than this? Bad luck?
DuoPad is offline  
post #1251 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
primetimeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 4,767
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoPad View Post


Has anyone noticed what Im seeing top left corner: a dark section rectangle. This section change size as background light is increasing or decreases. Acceptable?

This is my second unit. Returned first one due to an even worse box in top left corner and massive vertical banding. This unit also suffers from banding (can be seen in picture if you try hard enough).

Isn't the panel quality better than this? Bad luck?
Yes, you are not alone. A few of us have mentioned it. I replaced on older Samsung TV that developed this same issue and was shocked to see it again.
primetimeguy is online now  
post #1252 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Infiniti-F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolsnik View Post
I don't have the KS9000 anymore. Moved on to a Sony but I never could resolve this issue with my PC hooked to the tv. It definitely had something to do with the refresh rate. If the computer was outputting 60hz the tv would rename the input PC every time and I lost the movie modes. You say yeah 60hz shouldn't be doing that because a lot of stuff is sending 60hz. I think it might have been a combination of sending RGB + 60hz that triggered it but not sure. If I set the refresh rate in the nvidia control panel to 24hz it would not trigger the PC mode. So yeah it was weird and frustrating.
Yeah that's more of a issue with the PC and as well as the type of video card but something that should be able to resolve just a setting issue.
Infiniti-F1 is offline  
post #1253 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Infiniti-F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildh View Post
OK. Have done a lot of reading and cannot get this fixed, but have a boat load of studder judder on this set. I've tried multiple settings but will can't get it to stop. Tried switching cable companies and set boxes. In particular something like Vikings on hist channel IS highly annoying.

Anyone else? If so, any solutions? For the price of this set, this should not be an issue! A month and a half of dinking around and it still does it. Rrrrrrr


Edit... Maybe the one thing I haven't tried in a while is turning motion control of completely. Seems to have made the difference, but begs the question.. Why have it all?
First who is your TV Provider?? This will Always play a part in how the picture and PQ is for Everyone and how Channels looks. Which is why folks PQ will always vary no matter what tv or provider you use.. Some TV Providers have better hardware than others just like some channels broadcast things better than other which is part of the reason some channels look better than others. I watch Vikings as well as the new show Six and have had no issues with the Dish Hopper3 so far. I use either standard mode the most sometimes I use movie but find myself in standard mode the most..
Infiniti-F1 is offline  
post #1254 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 09:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Infiniti-F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoPad View Post


Has anyone noticed what Im seeing top left corner: a dark section rectangle. This section change size as background light is increasing or decreases. Acceptable?

This is my second unit. Returned first one due to an even worse box in top left corner and massive vertical banding. This unit also suffers from banding (can be seen in picture if you try hard enough).

Isn't the panel quality better than this? Bad luck?
Hmm yeah never seen that but that is strange it would be interesting to see if the version of your first unit was different from the second. You might email Samsung as well and see what they suggest but it seems like more people have issues when the order any tv online with all the shipping that goes on. Than ordering or dealing directly with a local vendor or BB less shipping process so just higher risk for things to get slightly damage when things have a longer shipping process. Which is why I always advised folks to order locally these things are so thin it doesn't take much for things to get messed up..
Infiniti-F1 is offline  
post #1255 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Infiniti-F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
Samsung sent this out as a replacement device for another TV set that I was having trouble with. Lo and behold, problems have arisen with it, already. This is pretty atrocious. It looked spectacular up until this random unseating of the rear panel.
Hmm if they sent a second one and the panel is coming apart I would have them reimburse you and try purchasing a unit from a local retailer or BB. Wherever they are getting these from obviously something or someone is not handling it correctly. That stinks either way..
Infiniti-F1 is offline  
post #1256 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 11:26 AM
 
audacious nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post
Hmm if they sent a second one and the panel is coming apart I would have them reimburse you and try purchasing a unit from a local retailer or BB. Wherever they are getting these from obviously something or someone is not handling it correctly. That stinks either way..
No, it came in perfect condition, worked fine for 11 days, then it make some popping sound and I found the panel to be separated. To be more specific, whatever secures the back of the panel failed and allowed it to separate. In less than two weeks.
audacious nick is offline  
post #1257 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 11:29 AM
 
audacious nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildh View Post
Do you have auto motion on?

For me on Amazon apps or other streaming video it doesn't seem to be an issue, but on cable (or satellite) it is unless I have auto motion completely off. Baffled... Maybe has something to do with source content. Some things it would be an issue... Others not.
Yes. LED clear motion is off, blur reduction is on 10 (8 works, too), and judder reduction is set to zero.
audacious nick is offline  
post #1258 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Infiniti-F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
No, it came in perfect condition, worked fine for 11 days, then it make some popping sound and I found the panel to be separated. To be more specific, whatever secures the back of the panel failed and allowed it to separate. In less than two weeks.
Hmm man that stinks yeah I would for sure let them know and would look at buying from some where else especially if you got the second one from the same place..
Infiniti-F1 is offline  
post #1259 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Infiniti-F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
Yes. LED clear motion is off, blur reduction is on 10 (8 works, too), and judder reduction is set to zero.
Yeah I can see where sometimes the Apps might have a issue due to they either need to be patch or a connection issue. As far as on the the TV Provider it just depends on where folks get their TV Service from but I would make sure to be using their latest hardware. If folks still have issues using the latest hardware then they probably need to look at going with another provider with better hardware..
Infiniti-F1 is offline  
post #1260 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 01:03 PM
Member
 
DuoPad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post
Hmm yeah never seen that but that is strange it would be interesting to see if the version of your first unit was different from the second. You might email Samsung as well and see what they suggest but it seems like more people have issues when the order any tv online with all the shipping that goes on. Than ordering or dealing directly with a local vendor or BB less shipping process so just higher risk for things to get slightly damage when things have a longer shipping process. Which is why I always advised folks to order locally these things are so thin it doesn't take much for things to get messed up..
Samsung is waiting on me to send some pictures to verify if a technician should come and investigate the problem and repair. Problem is to get a good photo on the banding with my phone.
Actually took a picture on the serial before returning it. Ill compare tomorrow.


Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk
DuoPad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KS9000

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off