Official Samsung KS9000 4K UHD Owners Thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 459Likes

post #1261 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
More 4k on the way.. Read more below..

4K TV broadcasts are coming: here’s what you need to know

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/2/144...pai-atsc-3-hdr

Samsung and Partners Demonstrate Live UHD HDR TV Broadcast via ATSC 3.0 at CES 2016

https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...-0-at-ces-2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoPad View Post
Samsung is waiting on me to send some pictures to verify if a technician should come and investigate the problem and repair. Problem is to get a good photo on the banding with my phone.
Actually took a picture on the serial before returning it. Ill compare tomorrow.

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk
Man that's good to hear hopefully they will figure something out best of luck and let us know what they say..
post #1263 of 1868 Old 02-02-2017, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post
Hmm man that stinks yeah I would for sure let them know and would look at buying from some where else especially if you got the second one from the same place..
I got the old TV at EPP pricing, plus Discover cashback, so the price I paid was less than half of what a new KS9000 costs, otherwise I would have just asked for my money back and purchased one from Bestbuy.
The struggles of deal-hunting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1264 of 1868 Old 02-04-2017, 03:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 143
getting a 65Ks9000 today and wanted to know if the back is flat or does it get thicker on the bottom.planning on wall mounting it.
Does it require spacers on top and bottom ?
post #1265 of 1868 Old 02-04-2017, 12:56 PM

Update: Samsung is sending a replacement TV.
joe75xp likes this.
post #1266 of 1868 Old 02-05-2017, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Yeah I can see where sometimes the Apps might have a issue due to they either need to be patch or a connection issue. As far as on the the TV Provider it just depends on where folks get their TV Service from but I would make sure to be using their latest hardware. If folks still have issues using the latest hardware then they probably need to look at going with another provider with better hardware..
I've thought about the source and hardware a lot as well but here's the thing I was using dtv hr44 and had the issue. For reasons other than the studdering, I switched to midco and bought a new TiVo bolt. Same issue! It goes away if I turn motion control off, but then comes right back the instant I turn it on. Hard for me to think it's unit specific given it seems to be a software thing. Tempted to contact Samsung and ask for a replacement. Love the set otherwise! Amazing picture... Except for the highly annoying studder.

I may try one more thing... I'm routing the source HDMI through the AVR (new denon). Maybe... Maybe the signal is getting jacked or altered.

Edit. Nope. Ran a brand new cable from TiVo to the TV. Motion control causes big studddring problems. Going to contact Samsung.

Last edited by wildh; 02-05-2017 at 11:04 AM.
post #1267 of 1868 Old 02-05-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmd1 View Post
getting a 65Ks9000 today and wanted to know if the back is flat or does it get thicker on the bottom.planning on wall mounting it.
Does it require spacers on top and bottom ?
It is thicker on the bottom. They send spacers with it for the top. None for the bottom. It's still very thin.
post #1268 of 1868 Old 02-05-2017, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Has anyone successfully gotten Samsung to replace their panel due to obvious white bleed? I've got a spot where the white bleed is blatantly obvious. Here's a picture. Notice the bottom right. I know it's an inherent problem with this technology and I see the usual light bleed but that one portion is bothersome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	1945233  

Last edited by ajsimeon; 02-05-2017 at 07:52 AM.
post #1269 of 1868 Old 02-05-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsimeon View Post
Has anyone successfully gotten Samsung to replace their panel due to obvious white bleed? I've got a spot where the white bleed is blatantly obvious. Here's a picture. Notice the bottom right. I know it's an inherent problem with this technology and I see the usual light bleed but that one portion is bothersome.
That's completely abnormal and should be replaced.
Terminader likes this.
post #1270 of 1868 Old 02-05-2017, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Is it possible to connect a mouse to this tv? I haven't tried, but my keyboard worked. But it stinks to not be able to write on the keyboard within YouTube-app. And by the way: why on earth does this tv kindly tell me - with a pop up - that a Bluetooth device is connected. No ****. Tnx for the info middle in the movie.

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk
post #1271 of 1868 Old 02-05-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildh View Post
I've thought about the source and hardware a lot as well but here's the thing I was using dtv hr44 and had the issue. For reasons other than the studdering, I switched to midco and bought a new TiVo bolt. Same issue! It goes away if I turn motion control off, but then comes right back the instant I turn it on. Hard for me to think it's unit specific given it seems to be a software thing. Tempted to contact Samsung and ask for a replacement. Love the set otherwise! Amazing picture... Except for the highly annoying studder.

I may try one more thing... I'm routing the source HDMI through the AVR (new denon). Maybe... Maybe the signal is getting jacked or altered.

Edit. Nope. Ran a brand new cable from TiVo to the TV. Motion control causes big studddring problems. Going to contact Samsung.
OK. Was the phone with tech support and tried a couple things. It seems to have worked....I now have motion settings engaged without the problem.

Ultimately I think it was a full factory reset that fixed it taking everything back to square one. Only problem with that is I lost all settings including calibration.
post #1272 of 1868 Old 02-05-2017, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1972 Post(s)
Liked: 3279
Quote:
More 4k on the way.. Read more below..

4K TV broadcasts are coming: here’s what you need to know

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/2/144...pai-atsc-3-hdr

Samsung and Partners Demonstrate Live UHD HDR TV Broadcast via ATSC 3.0 at CES 2016

https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...-0-at-ces-2016
Because the transition to ATSC 3.0 will be voluntary, most broadcasters in the US are not expected to transmit in UHD anytime in the foreseeable future. In fact, many have stated in the trade publications that they intend to use the additional bandwidth required for UHD to multicast 1080p HDR content and "let the TVs do the upscaling". Even Comcast has indicated that they may only make UHD content available on demand, instead of upgrading their plants to enable the addition of linear 2160p/HDR channels to their lineups. Last summer's Rio Olympics showed it can be done successfully, and there's a handful of series available for viewing via their Xfnity UHD Sampler app on Samsung TVs.
King Richard likes this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #1273 of 1868 Old 02-05-2017, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone,

Need your inputs regarding the image attached. Just bought this Samsung KS9500 curved TV 2 days ago and it began after wiping fingerprints residue during assembly with a soft cloth and LCD liquid cleaner. I see this on the edges. This is only visible at a certain angle and during completely black scenes and even when the TV is off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ks9500.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1946953  
post #1274 of 1868 Old 02-06-2017, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hey all, I've been lurking this forum for the past few weeks as I decided what TV to purchase. Ended up grabbing the 55UAKS9000(panel says AA01) a week ago as it's called in Australia, believe it's the KS8000 in Europe.

I've played around with the settings myself and used some of the settings posted by King Richard, I will say for gaming it's phenomenal but just watching normal TV is a different kettle of fish, with some of our so called HD(1080i) FTA channels looking pretty poor in comparison to my 2009 720p Panasonic LCD, particularly but not exclusively sport, where football players seem to lack a sharpness to them and not be clearly defined, almost a smudgy look to their faces(this carries over to newsreaders but is better when the person is closer to the camera)adjusting sharpness actually makes zero difference that I can see unfortunately.

Anyway today I decided to try the THX tune up app, all of the settings recommended were with 1 or 2 points of where I had them but the Tint setting was miles off.

I had left it at 50/50 as most recommend, even the app itself said most TV's need no adjustment to this, however the test showed that my ideal tint should be at around G38/62R. To me this seems quite extreme, especially given the only people online I could find that had adjusted their tint had taken it the opposite direction by a small amount.

Does a result like this indicate a defective unit?

Also during the brightness test it shows a dark pattern behind a woman, it seemed like the brightness uniformity is off by a bit, as the bottom left quadrant was noticeably darker than the rest of the screen. Is this par for the course for this sort of TV?

Or is this app not particularly accurate and I'm worrying about nothing.

Cheers,

Mick.
post #1275 of 1868 Old 02-06-2017, 01:26 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Yeah I would make sure to use Game mode for sure but No matter what the Game is unless the Game itself has HDR support built into it you probably will not see much difference. Until they start making titles that truly support HDR and 4K it's just like anything else just like watching a Blu-Ray title over one that is 4K HDR especially new titles not pre release older ones.
Ive heard that Game Mode degrades the picture is this true
post #1276 of 1868 Old 02-06-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandip basi View Post
Ive heard that Game Mode degrades the picture is this true
I have always use Game Mode when I use my PS4 Pro and things look great so I have never had any issues..
ToonTonic and Vampiropt like this.
post #1277 of 1868 Old 02-06-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrerain View Post
Hello everyone,

Need your inputs regarding the image attached. Just bought this Samsung KS9500 curved TV 2 days ago and it began after wiping fingerprints residue during assembly with a soft cloth and LCD liquid cleaner. I see this on the edges. This is only visible at a certain angle and during completely black scenes and even when the TV is off.
Return it and do not use anything other than water and a microfiber towel on the screen next time.
post #1278 of 1868 Old 02-07-2017, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do I have to use only HDMI 2.0 for my 55 KS9000 in all the ports?

I don't have the HDMI 2.0 yet (just got my TV). But when i put on the UHD I have no sound.

is the HDMI the reason?

And should i have HDMI 2.0 for all ports?

Thank you
post #1279 of 1868 Old 02-07-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozthejoker View Post

I don't have the HDMI 2.0 yet (just got my TV). But when i put on the UHD I have no sound.

is the HDMI the reason?

Thank you
Are you just using the One Connect or TV for your sound or are you using Audio Receiver? I would suggest going ahead and make sure all of your HDMI Cables are up to date as well.
Terminader likes this.
post #1280 of 1868 Old 02-07-2017, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Are you just using the One Connect or TV for your sound or are you using Audio Receiver? I would suggest going ahead and make sure all of your HDMI Cables are up to date as well.
Using the TV for sound.
post #1281 of 1868 Old 02-07-2017, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to jonsewow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningcoals View Post
50 FT of anything is going to be an issue, are you using a passive HDMI via ARC at that range 50'? Have you considered using an Active/Active HDMI cable instead of passive for that range? That way the signal is boosted. I think this is part of the problem.
Originally Posted by jonsewow View Post
I have not tried with an optical cable - I don't have a 50 foot optical cable to try right now. But I figure that since the DD5.1 works fine from the TV to the AVR (DirecTV and other components), then the connection itself is fine.
50 FT of anything is going to be an issue, are you using a passive HDMI via ARC at that range 50'? Have you considered using an Active/Active HDMI cable instead of passive for that range? That way the signal is boosted. I think this is part of the problem.

Thanks buningcoals. I was using a 50-foot HDMI cable to connect the Samsung KS9000 to my Denon Receiver in my electronics closet. Actually, connected through the “One-Connect” box with its 10 foot cable. This system as described was in place when I had the sound drop-off problem.

The length of cable run required to get from my TV through the attic to the Denon receiver in the electronics closet is over 20 feet. (I was using a 50ft HDMI cable as when I first installed the system, I ran the cable though the crawlspace, which required a longer run).

Burningcoals recommended that the 50ft HDMI cable length might be the source of my sound drop-off issues. To trouble-shoot, I ran a shorter optical audio cable from the Samsung “One-Connect” to my AVR. The sound drop-off problem was eliminated. I could watch and listen to the Samsung Apps through my receiver without any sound drop-off problems. This was a great relief, as it eliminated the KS9000 itself as the source of the problem!

However, I still had an issue of a 12 foot optical cable hanging across my hallway to the electronics closet, at eye-level. And the optical cable was not the optimal solution – I preferred the HDMI4 with ARC.

So then I purchased a 12ft HDMI cable to test. This also worked fine. Instead of the then trying a 25 foot HDMI cable to test, I decided to move the One-Connect box into the attic. From the One-Connect box in the attic, I had just enough length for the 12ft HDMI cable to connect to the AVR in my electronics closet. So now I don’t have direct in-room access to the One-Connect box, but I don’t really need it as I attached additional components through the AVR.

So my sound drop-off problem from the Samsung KS9000 Apps through the Denon AVR has been solved. The problem seems to have been the length (or Quality) of the 50-foot HDMI cable. Much thanks to the various responders!
post #1282 of 1868 Old 02-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 4372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozthejoker View Post

is the HDMI the reason?

Thank you

Note: For future reference, you should try to be a little more specific in your description of your issue so that other members know what you are talking about and can better assist you.

Now I'm assuming that you are actually referring to the HDMI cables here?

First of all, there is really no such thing as an HDMI 2.0 cable. 2.0/2.0a are connection specs NOT cable specs. (Even though they are often advertised as such.)

Any 18Gbps "High Speed"/"Category 2" cable should do just fine in most cases.

As long as the cable is not too long (say under 15 feet) and you do not have any issues with the picture (e.g. black screens/dropouts; sparkles/snow; etc.), you are good-to-go.

QUOTE: "Can existing HDMI cables support the higher bandwidths of HDMI 2.0 Specification?

Yes, existing High Speed HDMI Cables (wire only) will support the new higher bandwidths (up to 18Gbps)."

(HDMI 2.0 FAQs - hdmi.org)

Now when you say, "when i put on the UHD I have no sound", I'm assuming you are referring to he "HDMI UHD Color" setting?

Unless you are connecting a 4K UHD/HDR player to the TV, you should leave this setting OFF. It is common knowledge that having this setting ON with non-UHD content from a HDMI connected device can sometimes cause issues such as a loss of audio.

For more on this setting, click the Spoiler! below.

Spoiler!

Richard
post #1283 of 1868 Old 02-08-2017, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello All,

Recently purchased a KS9000 here in the US. I've been unable to get the back lit logo to turn off using the light effect setting. After going back and forth with Samsung, they are claiming that is not a feature available in the KS9000. I can't possibly believe that is true. Can anyone confirm that I should be able to turn off the logo light? I'm concerned that I got a TV that didn't get fully QC'd on its way out the door and more problems will manifest as time goes on.

I posted a thread with a poll in the main LCD forum with no replys. Sorry to double post but definitely am looking for some additional case points to go back at Samsung with. I've seen a few photos throughout this thread with the logo disabled so I'm 99% sure I should be able to do this using the light effect setting.
Robmidi likes this.
post #1284 of 1868 Old 02-08-2017, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow3058 View Post
Hello All,

Recently purchased a KS9000 here in the US. I've been unable to get the back lit logo to turn off using the light effect setting. After going back and forth with Samsung, they are claiming that is not a feature available in the KS9000. I can't possibly believe that is true. Can anyone confirm that I should be able to turn off the logo light? I'm concerned that I got a TV that didn't get fully QC'd on its way out the door and more problems will manifest as time goes on.

I posted a thread with a poll in the main LCD forum with no replys. Sorry to double post but definitely am looking for some additional case points to go back at Samsung with. I've seen a few photos throughout this thread with the logo disabled so I'm 99% sure I should be able to do this using the light effect setting.
I can't turn it off either. Thought about a small pice of electrical tape to cover it up. It's annoying like the "pop up" ads for upcoming shows, station I.D., etc. that "stay put" over programming. Put the commercials between the programming, not over it. (But I digress) I wasn't aware you could turn the logo off.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
post #1285 of 1868 Old 02-08-2017, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmidi View Post
I can't turn it off either. Thought about a small pice of electrical tape to cover it up. It's annoying like the "pop up" ads for upcoming shows, station I.D., etc. that "stay put" over programming. Put the commercials between the programming, not over it. (But I digress) I wasn't aware you could turn the logo off.

Mine is off

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
post #1286 of 1868 Old 02-08-2017, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 887
Quote:
Hello All,

I have mine off. 55KS9000.

-Kevin
post #1287 of 1868 Old 02-08-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Hello All,

Quote:

Mine is off, too.
post #1288 of 1868 Old 02-09-2017, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
you turn it off in the settings.
post #1289 of 1868 Old 02-09-2017, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I've gone through all the settings and it's not in there.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
post #1290 of 1868 Old 02-09-2017, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 887
Quote:
I've gone through all the settings and it's not in there.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
On my KS9000 it's in:

Settings -> System -> Expert Settings -> Light Effect Off

-Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KS9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page