Official Samsung KS9000 4K UHD Owners Thread - Page 50 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 456Likes

post #1471 of 1846 Old 03-24-2017, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just connected my HTPC to the 65" model and "Movie Mode" disappears and i'm limited to "Dynamic" & "Standard". Why does this happen and how can I fix this? Never had this issue with any other tv.. weird.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 1846 Old 03-24-2017, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desisuperman View Post
I just connected my HTPC the 65" model and "Movie Mode" disappears and i'm limited to "Dynamic" & "Standard". Why does this happen and how can I fix this? Never had this issue with any other tv.. weird.

Thanks in advance
TV is auto detecting that it's a PC connected and it switches so that only Dynamic & Standard are available. I've had it do this even if a PC isn't attached, and I don't know of anyway to not have it do that.

You can try going to the input on the TV and change it's type (icon) from PC to Cable Box and see if that fixes it. No guarantees it doesn't re-detect again.

-Kevin
post #1473 of 1846 Old 03-24-2017, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
TV is auto detecting that it's a PC connected and it switches so that only Dynamic & Standard are available. I've had it do this even if a PC isn't attached, and I don't know of anyway to not have it do that.

You can try going to the input on the TV and change it's type (icon) from PC to Cable Box and see if that fixes it. No guarantees it doesn't re-detect again.

-Kevin
changing it to "Cable" actually worked. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1474 of 1846 Old 03-24-2017, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know anything about availability of the 65" KS9000?

I just was at my local best buy and they have it on display, but none in 250 mile radius of the SF Bay area, and they won't deliver it. Fry's has none as well.

Is this display discontinued?
post #1475 of 1846 Old 03-24-2017, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
Anyone know anything about availability of the 65" KS9000?

I just was at my local best buy and they have it on display, but none in 250 mile radius of the SF Bay area, and they won't deliver it. Fry's has none as well.

Is this display discontinued?
It is discontinued. Check online stores and get it shipped to you. Do best buy store pick up. Check Nebraska Furniture mart as well.
post #1476 of 1846 Old 03-26-2017, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Please help with samsung samsung sound bar & tv

Have a SAMSUNG UN KS9000 65 FXZA and SAMSUNG HW KM45C (PS-WK450) sound bar and sub-woofer.

They are connected via the supplied optical cable.

Can anyone help on how to set it up so that the TV remote turns on the sound bar? Does the 9000 have the AUTO POWER LINK? It does not seem to have that feature.

If I use the HDMI cable, Amazon or Neflix streams will not send audio to the sound bar.

Thank you in advance for your help.
post #1477 of 1846 Old 03-26-2017, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum12 View Post
Have a SAMSUNG UN KS9000 65 FXZA and SAMSUNG HW KM45C (PS-WK450) sound bar and sub-woofer.

They are connected via the supplied optical cable.

Can anyone help on how to set it up so that the TV remote turns on the sound bar? Does the 9000 have the AUTO POWER LINK? It does not seem to have that feature.

If I use the HDMI cable, Amazon or Neflix streams will not send audio to the sound bar.

Thank you in advance for your help.
"If you have connected the main unit to a TV with a digital optical cable, you can set Auto Power Link function to
ON and have the Soundbar turn on automatically when you turn the TV on.
1. Connect the Soundbar and a TV with a digital optical cable.
2. Press the (Source) button on the main unit’s right side or the SOURCE button on the remote control to select
the D.IN mode.
3. Press and hold the  button on the remote control for about 5 seconds to toggle the Auto Power Link function
on and off."
post #1478 of 1846 Old 03-27-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
"If you have connected the main unit to a TV with a digital optical cable, you can set Auto Power Link function to
2. Press the (Source) button on the main unit’s right side or the SOURCE button on the remote control to select
the D.IN mode.
3. Press and hold the  button on the remote control for about 5 seconds to toggle the Auto Power Link function
on and off."
Thank you.... will try this when I get home.
post #1479 of 1846 Old 03-27-2017, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
No sound through tv apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala1ss View Post
Didn't find any other "official" thread so I'll start this one.

Purchased my Samsung KS9000 65" 4K UHD tv 3 weeks ago and love it. Their remote takes some getting used to but works OK. The picture is outstanding and since I also have the Samsung UHD BluRay player I've ordered a new 4K movie "the Revenant" which should be here today.

How many of you also have this set?
Hi all, I'm sure this has came up before but I can't find the answer to my problem.

No sound from tv apps...

I can't get sound from any tv apps through my receiver, please help!!!!!!!

KS9000
Pioneer SC-LX59 receiver

All hdmi cables are up to date & connected to arc on TV & receiver

Both blu ray & cable box are working with no sound issues

I believe all settings on the tv are correct.

Thanks, lee.....

Last edited by chiglee; 03-28-2017 at 12:57 AM. Reason: I missed something
post #1480 of 1846 Old 03-28-2017, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiglee View Post
Hi all, I'm sure this has came up before but I can't find the answer to my problem.

No sound from tv apps...

I can't get sound from any tv apps through my receiver, please help!!!!!!!

KS9000
Pioneer SC-LX59 receiver

All hdmi cables are up to date & connected to arc on TV & receiver

Both blu ray & cable box are working with no sound issues

I believe all settings on the tv are correct.

Thanks, lee.....
It has suddenly decided to work??

I've no idea why, I turned in on a couple of hours after the first post & low & behold, it is working...

I tried turning everything off a few hours earlier with no luck.

Anyway all is well, for now!!!!
😍
post #1481 of 1846 Old 03-28-2017, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafan111 View Post
is this worth it over the 8000?
I've never seen an 8000 to compare it but this review from whathifi touches on the subject

http://www.whathifi.com/samsung/ue65ks9000/review
post #1482 of 1846 Old 03-28-2017, 08:54 AM

Samsung KS9000 HDR Dimming Question

I have all the energy saving features turned off on the tv, however when I'm watching anything with an HDR signal, I get automatic dimming. I have the picture mode set to "Standard" since I really don't care for the other modes. I think this may be the problem since the standard mode has the little blue "energy saving" logo next to it. It must be a default setting. Is there any way to disable the dimming other than what I've already done? There is no sub menu for the standard mode.
post #1483 of 1846 Old 03-29-2017, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Hey guys, I'm currently in the market (to buy later this year but doing research now) for my first 4K TV. I currently have the Samsung UN60F8000. I think I want to go big with 75" and the two TV's I have my eyes on are the Sony XBR940D and the Samsung KS9000. I like Samsungs brightness and Tizen OS over Sony's but the only thing worrying me is that I'm reading that Sony is better at handling motion and I watch a lot of sports so I don't want that to be an issue. How is the motion handling on the 9000? Is it a concern?

Another thing, is the difference between the 75" and 65" 9000 strictly size or is there advantages/disadvantages to both like the Sony and the 930D (edge lit) and Sony 940D (full array)? What are your impressions of the bigger 75"? Thanks
post #1484 of 1846 Old 03-31-2017, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynblaze View Post
Hey guys, I'm currently in the market (to buy later this year but doing research now) for my first 4K TV. I currently have the Samsung UN60F8000. I think I want to go big with 75" and the two TV's I have my eyes on are the Sony XBR940D and the Samsung KS9000. I like Samsungs brightness and Tizen OS over Sony's but the only thing worrying me is that I'm reading that Sony is better at handling motion and I watch a lot of sports so I don't want that to be an issue. How is the motion handling on the 9000? Is it a concern?

Another thing, is the difference between the 75" and 65" 9000 strictly size or is there advantages/disadvantages to both like the Sony and the 930D (edge lit) and Sony 940D (full array)? What are your impressions of the bigger 75"? Thanks
I love my 75-inch KS9000. I don't think there are any differences between the 75-inch and 65-inch models other than size. You do pay a pretty big premium for those extra ten inches.
post #1485 of 1846 Old 03-31-2017, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynblaze View Post

If you don't mind a curved display, I would recommend you check out the 78KS9800 (also has FALD).

Seems that Best Buy has drastically dropped pricing on this set. Actually currently cheaper than the 78KS9500, which is edge lit.

But if you're trying to stick to a budget, 940D definitely offers the best bang for the buck.
post #1486 of 1846 Old 04-01-2017, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
The TV reads the EDID from the AVR's HDMI output, and resets the DEVICE TYPE. You cannot override that without deceiving the the TV into thinking that your AVR is actually a PC. Do you actually have a PC connected to your AVR? If so, try doing the Smart Remote setup procedure to control your PC...just as you would do for devices that are connected to the TV through an AVR, such as Blu-Ray players. When it asks you if you're able to turn the PC on and off or whatever, just say yes and proceed. Then the TV will automatically label that input as "AVR/PC".
This might have been from a recent update but the TV now remembers my input settings, so I can switch my receiver to PC mode now and know that it will stick.
post #1487 of 1846 Old 04-01-2017, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi there,
I purchased in January after a fantastic deal compared to the Sony x930 however, there is some minor quality defects which I'm trying to accept but this one is getting very annoying.
Every once in a while, I get this sort of missing pixel or something at the top of the screen. It doesn't happen all the time and it shows at different places.. once on the top left and today on the top right..
See attachment.

Is it dead pixels?

Will be calling Samsung on Monday about this..

PS: From a quality control perspective, I'm wondering which is better between Sony and Samsung TVs.. I purchased my first Samsung TV after many good review and honestly, I'm quite disappointed with the quality control..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170401_195000.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	2062353   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170304_000812.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	2062361  
post #1488 of 1846 Old 04-01-2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
the D.IN mode.
on and off."
Thank you... that did work!

Is there a way to control the sound bar audio with the KS 9000 TV remote??
post #1489 of 1846 Old 04-01-2017, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum12 View Post
Thank you... that did work!

Is there a way to control the sound bar audio with the KS 9000 TV remote??
Try this:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049388/
post #1490 of 1846 Old 04-02-2017, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have the KS9000 and love it except for one thing. I watch a lot of TMC movies from the 30's and 40's. The picture has an annoying problem. When watching the movies, and the camera moves slightly from left to right (or reverse) the light background looks like the picture moves but the background doesn't for a very slight part of a second. Maybe a better way of explaining it is the picture looks like it is projected on a sheet and when the picture moves left or right, the visible sheet backgound stays in the same place for a fraction of a second. It is subtle but obvious. Don't seem to see it on regular programs.

Could this be my settings, or do you think it is a TV defect?
post #1491 of 1846 Old 04-02-2017, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarc8 View Post
Hi there,
I purchased in January after a fantastic deal compared to the Sony x930 however, there is some minor quality defects which I'm trying to accept but this one is getting very annoying.
Every once in a while, I get this sort of missing pixel or something at the top of the screen. It doesn't happen all the time and it shows at different places.. once on the top left and today on the top right..
See attachment.

Is it dead pixels?

Will be calling Samsung on Monday about this..

PS: From a quality control perspective, I'm wondering which is better between Sony and Samsung TVs.. I purchased my first Samsung TV after many good review and honestly, I'm quite disappointed with the quality control..
I would send it back if your still under a store return policy. I'm also not a fan of the QC with Samsung, if you can call it that. I purchased mine from Costco and 100 day's in the panel needed replacement (new in box from Samsung) and that only lasted 7 days before the display completely stopped working. If I could return it for a full refund I would and go another route.
post #1492 of 1846 Old 04-03-2017, 02:48 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala1ss View Post
I have the KS9000 and love it except for one thing. I watch a lot of TMC movies from the 30's and 40's. The picture has an annoying problem. When watching the movies, and the camera moves slightly from left to right (or reverse) the light background looks like the picture moves but the background doesn't for a very slight part of a second. Maybe a better way of explaining it is the picture looks like it is projected on a sheet and when the picture moves left or right, the visible sheet backgound stays in the same place for a fraction of a second. It is subtle but obvious. Don't seem to see it on regular programs.

Could this be my settings, or do you think it is a TV defect?
Could be auto motion plus, have you tried turning that function off? Look in: settings > picture > expert settings > auto motion plus
post #1493 of 1846 Old 04-03-2017, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Samsung KS9000 HDR Color Banding help.
I have owned this TV for about a month, and have tried to search all over to see if I bought a bad tv. I have horrible color banding on almost anything using HDR. The banding is mostly in the background; sky, shadows, very dark or white scenes. Makes dark backgrounds look like an oil painting. I see it thru my Netflix and Amazon video apps. But the largest amount of banding comes from playing HDR games on my ps4 pro. I have tried changing the display settings. Games like ff15, last guardian, battlefeild 1, anything hdr have horrible banding, in the background and sky of these games. Resident evil 7 looks horrible compared to videps iv seen of it. Very distracting. Does this happen to anyone else? Did I buy a defective tv or are there tv settings that I can change to fix or ps4 pro settings? Any help is appreciated.
post #1494 of 1846 Old 04-03-2017, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4saints View Post
It is discontinued. Check online stores and get it shipped to you. Do best buy store pick up. Check Nebraska Furniture mart as well.
Check Costco for the 65 KS900D - it should be the same thing.
post #1495 of 1846 Old 04-06-2017, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quick question... There is a known issue with the Nintendo Switch where it doesn't play nice with HDMI-CEC (I may have that term wrong, but the feature that auto switches inputs based on power state). Basically, the Switch causes the TV to frequently switch inputs to the one it's connected to even when it's supposed to be sleeping.

Is there a way to turn that functionalality off completely with the KS9000? I've tried a couple things but they don't work.

Thanks.
post #1496 of 1846 Old 04-06-2017, 11:10 PM

I could use some help here.. not sure what I am doing wrong.

I just recently got the KS9000. I am trying to connect it to my Pioneer VSX-1019AH Receiver, but I can't get any signal to show up at all. Am I doing something wrong here?

One Connect Cable coming from TV to the One Connect Box

Cable TV HDMI coming from Cable Box to Receiver HDMI1
Xbox One to Receiver HDMI2
PS3 to Receiver HDMI3

Receiver HDMI Out to One Connect Box HDMI1 (TV/SAT)

When I turn on my TV, Cable Box, Receiver... the TV doesn't get any signal at all on HDMI1.
If I plug Cable TV HDMI directly into HDMI1 on the One Connect Box, I get signal (making my receiver totally useless).
post #1497 of 1846 Old 04-07-2017, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Please see my recommendations below. And you should turn off VIDEO CONVERSION on the Pioneer AVR as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sz200 View Post
I could use some help here.. not sure what I am doing wrong.

I just recently got the KS9000. I am trying to connect it to my Pioneer VSX-1019AH Receiver, but I can't get any signal to show up at all. Am I doing something wrong here?

One Connect Cable coming from TV to the One Connect Box

Cable TV HDMI coming from Cable Box to Receiver HDMI1
Connect the Cable Box to the HDMI 1 jack on the OCB; set the HDMI AUDIO OUTPUT on the Cable Box to PASSTHROUGH.
Xbox One to Receiver HDMI2
Correct.
PS3 to Receiver HDMI3
Correct.

Receiver HDMI Out to One Connect Box HDMI1 (TV/SAT)
Connect HDMI OUT on AVR to HDMI2 on OCB. For audio from Cable Box as well as TV's ATSC tuner and SmartHub Apps, connect a Toslink cable from the OCB to the AVR.

When I turn on my TV, Cable Box, Receiver... the TV doesn't get any signal at all on HDMI1.
If I plug Cable TV HDMI directly into HDMI1 on the One Connect Box, I get signal (making my receiver totally useless).

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.

Last edited by Rudy1; 04-07-2017 at 08:22 AM.
post #1498 of 1846 Old 04-07-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
Please see my recommendations below. And you should turn off VIDEO CONVERSION on the Pioneer AVR as well.
Confused.

After I posted this last night, I got it to work. It had something to do with turning things on in sequence. Receiver first I guess?

But I am also confused as to Rudy's response. Do I have this setup wrong? You seem to want the Cable box to go directly to the TV instead of how I have it going to the AVR. Is there a difference to this?

Also... I have no clue if there is even a setting on the cable box for "HDMI AUDIO OUTPUT on the Cable Box to PASSTHROUGH" or on the AVR for "VIDEO CONVERSION" as well. More concerned whether what I have is right or wrong first. I've had it set that way for years and would like to know if I goofed.
post #1499 of 1846 Old 04-07-2017, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Quote:
Originally Posted by sz200 View Post
Confused.

After I posted this last night, I got it to work. It had something to do with turning things on in sequence. Receiver first I guess?

But I am also confused as to Rudy's response. Do I have this setup wrong? You seem to want the Cable box to go directly to the TV instead of how I have it going to the AVR. Is there a difference to this?
That is the way I had my cable DVR connected to my KS9000. It worked perfectly, passing Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, and DTS to my AVR. But you don't have to do it that way if you prefer to have everything routed through your AVR. I prefer to have separate video settings for each of my sources, so that is why I had my cable DVR connected directly to the OCB.
Terminader likes this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #1500 of 1846 Old 04-10-2017, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Malicious Software notice

Got this notice on my TV this morning. Anyone ever seen this before?

A malicious process has been blocked. [Process: libcom.amazon.ignition.framework.cache.so]

Note, I don't use the apps in the TV.

EDIT: Reading articles like this have me thinking I'll just disconnect the internet from the TV since I don't use the apps:
http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/4/151...s-issues-flaws

-Kevin

Last edited by kbmb; 04-10-2017 at 08:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KS9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page