Official Samsung KS9000 4K UHD Owners Thread - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 455Likes

post #1501 of 1845 Old 04-10-2017, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1962 Post(s)
Liked: 3260
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Got this notice on my TV this morning. Anyone ever seen this before?

A malicious process has been blocked. [Process: libcom.amazon.ignition.framework.cache.so]

Note, I don't use the apps in the TV.

EDIT: Reading articles like this have me thinking I'll just disconnect the internet from the TV since I don't use the apps:
http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/4/151...s-issues-flaws

-Kevin
In the setup menu, you can configure your set to always run a virus scan at startup. It tends to slow things down a bit initially upon turning the TV on, but I think it's worth it.
King Richard likes this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1845 Old 04-10-2017, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
In the setup menu, you can configure your set to always run a virus scan at startup. It tends to slow things down a bit initially upon turning the TV on, but I think it's worth it.
Manually ran the scan and nothing found. Just easier to pull the plug on internet and just not worry about it. If they release a substantial update for the TV, I'll manually install.

-Kevin
post #1503 of 1845 Old 04-11-2017, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys. I have the 55" at home and I have a quick question about the YouTube app. Whenever I do a search the results show up all bunched up right under the onscreen keyboard. Once I scroll down to the results and press the right arrow they populate the bottom of the screen like they should. This happens all the time and has been happening since I got the TV last May. If I soft reset the TV or reinstall the YouTube app the results appear correctly side by side. However, once I play something and go to search again, they bunch up again. Same thing happens once I do a search and just exit the app. The only way I can see them properly again is to reinstall the app or to do the soft reset using the remote. Is anyone else running into this and do you know how to permanently fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170411_170833_1491944951569.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2079377   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170411_170851_1491944969081.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	2079385  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1504 of 1845 Old 04-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Anybody ever have this issue as seen in the picture? Only happens after I view something in HDR and goes away after a few days of viewing non HDR content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
PSN: PikturePerfekt07
post #1505 of 1845 Old 04-11-2017, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetamer View Post
Hi guys. I have the 55" at home and I have a quick question about the YouTube app. Whenever I do a search the results show up all bunched up right under the onscreen keyboard. Once I scroll down to the results and press the right arrow they populate the bottom of the screen like they should. This happens all the time and has been happening since I got the TV last May. If I soft reset the TV or reinstall the YouTube app the results appear correctly side by side. However, once I play something and go to search again, they bunch up again. Same thing happens once I do a search and just exit the app. The only way I can see them properly again is to reinstall the app or to do the soft reset using the remote. Is anyone else running into this and do you know how to permanently fix this?
My 9800 has been doing this since day 1, as well as randomly logging me out of my YouTube Red account. There's been numerous updates, but nothing has fixed it thus far. It's annoying, especially since this is a homegrown OS.

I don't know of a fix, as I've done everything from reinstalling the app, clearing the app cache, etc.

Netflix and Amazon finally work well (they were awful months back as well), so hopefully this can be fixed as well.

Q8FN
KS9800
F8000
post #1506 of 1845 Old 04-11-2017, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
It's a known issue and has been widely discussed in the KS8000 thread. The consensus is that the problem is with the YouTube app, and updating the set's firmware will not fix it.
post #1507 of 1845 Old 04-11-2017, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good to know that it is not just me. I was going to try a full TV reset, but I guess there is no point now.
post #1508 of 1845 Old 04-15-2017, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Good evening, I'm new to the forum and I write from Italy. I don't know if this is the right section to talk about the Samsung UE55KS9000 curved and its correct setting. Which recommended to me? Have you tips for me? thank you all
post #1509 of 1845 Old 04-17-2017, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapotony View Post
Good evening, I'm new to the forum and I write from Italy. I don't know if this is the right section to talk about the Samsung UE55KS9000 curved and its correct setting. Which recommended to me? Have you tips for me? thank you all
This thread is for the flat version. But you can read this professional review on your curved TV here:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue55k...1603244256.htm

And here is a site with settings for the US/Canada curved version, which should work for your UE55KS9000:

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sam...s9500/settings

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #1510 of 1845 Old 04-17-2017, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
First make sure you have the latest software installed for your tv if you do and still seeing this then do a Smart Hub only reset and that should clear it up.
Terminader likes this.
post #1511 of 1845 Old 04-17-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamouflage View Post
Anybody ever have this issue as seen in the picture? Only happens after I view something in HDR and goes away after a few days of viewing non HDR content.

First who is your TV Provider or what type of hardware do you have hooked to the TV? Folks have to remember it's not always a TV issue many times it's the hardware connected to it.
post #1512 of 1845 Old 04-17-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Good to know that it is not just me. I was going to try a full TV reset, but I guess there is no point now.
If folks have issues with some Apps just do a Smart Hub Reset you don't have to do a full reset.
post #1513 of 1845 Old 04-17-2017, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post
First who is your TV Provider or what type of hardware do you have hooked to the TV? Folks have to remember it's not always a TV issue many times it's the hardware connected to it.

I get what you're saying but when it's persistent across all inputs and apps it's the tv, not source.

post #1514 of 1845 Old 04-17-2017, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
If folks have issues with some Apps just do a Smart Hub Reset you don't have to do a full reset.
Is there a way to do a SmartHub reset without losing all of your accounts and settings? My understanding is that the SmartHub reset erases all of your accounts and settings.

I periodically have SmartHub problems and usually unplugging the TV resets things sufficiently to get them working, but I'd sure like a better way to deal with these glitches.
post #1515 of 1845 Old 04-17-2017, 04:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhachey View Post
Is there a way to do a SmartHub reset without losing all of your accounts and settings? My understanding is that the SmartHub reset erases all of your accounts and settings.

I periodically have SmartHub problems and usually unplugging the TV resets things sufficiently to get them working, but I'd sure like a better way to deal with these glitches.

I just hold down the power button for five or so seconds on the remote and it restarts the TV.

post #1516 of 1845 Old 04-17-2017, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked: 1629
Quote:

Yes. Settings, Support, Self Diagnostic, SmartHub Diagnostic.

It won't affect any settings and sometimes fixes a SmartHub issue.

Here's a process I use to deal with app issues:

Q: Help, my app froze! What do I do?

A: Check your internet connection by going to the Web Browser and going to speedof.me or fast.com. This will indicate if you have any connection to the internet.

 If that’s not the issue, press and hold the back button for five seconds from within the app (e.g., black screen). That should force kill most apps so they work better when you restart them.

 If that doesn’t work, try reinstalling the app: go to App Library, highlight the app, hold the select button down until menu pops up, then choose reinstall.

 If that doesn’t work, try holding the remote power button and letting the TV go off and them come back on with the logo and then release the remote power button (i.e., soft reset).

 If that doesn’t work, try Settings…Diagnostics…SmartHub Diagnostic

 If that doesn’t work, try unplugging the TV for about 10 seconds and powering it back on (i.e., reboot).

 If that doesn’t work and you don’t mind losing all your app logins and SmartHub apps, you can reset the SmartHub and re-add the apps and logins.

 If that doesn’t work, you’re having a bad day – try things tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Rudy1 and jhachey like this.
post #1517 of 1845 Old 04-17-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
Yes. Settings, Support, Self Diagnostic, SmartHub Diagnostic.

It won't affect any settings and sometimes fixes a SmartHub issue.

Here's a process I use to deal with app issues:
Thanks!

Just curious, where did you find these fixes? The eManual doesn't have any of these and I can't find any other manual on the Samsung website
post #1518 of 1845 Old 04-17-2017, 07:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked: 1629
Quote:
Thanks!

Just curious, where did you find these fixes? The eManual doesn't have any of these and I can't find any other manual on the Samsung website
Unfortunately, I had to learn them to deal with the issues. Many were determined by members of the 8000/8500 forum.

I put together the attached guide based upon members' feedback. Hope it helps!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf AVS Forum Official Samsung KS8000 KS8500 Owners' Information 03-19-17.pdf (909.0 KB, 98 views)
jhachey likes this.
post #1519 of 1845 Old 04-18-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:

No you will have to put back in your account settings. I know a few weeks back Netflix was acting up on me where I could not change profiles and would be stuck on whatever content you were watching. The only way I could clear this up was to do a rest set on the Smart Hub. I have not had any more issues but it looks like the Netflix App has been updated as well so hopefully they fixed that issue. For the most part the Apps have all worked as far as the ones I use.
post #1520 of 1845 Old 04-18-2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
I get what you're saying but when it's persistent across all inputs and apps it's the tv, not source.

Hmm have you tried do a reset on the TV?? Also make sure you have the latest update as well..
post #1521 of 1845 Old 04-18-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Unfortunately, I had to learn them to deal with the issues. Many were determined by members of the 8000/8500 forum.

Folks Have to Remember that just because the Apps have issues has Nothing to do with the TV itself. When it comes to the Apps it's a combination of Netflix and Samsung making sure they stay updated. This is something Everyone will deal with No Matter who the Manufacture is of the TV LG,Samsung,Sony so forth. One of the biggest issues is none of them use the Same OS for their TV which in the future something All 3 Manufacturers need to look at doing. Samsung gets to Wrapped up in Tizon, Sony well I think they made the best choice in Android TV since Android is more used then LG using Web Os. The best thing they could all do is switch over to Android TV Samsung already uses Android and they could easily do it with just updating their One Connect Box, LG at some point needs to look at making the switch since most of their other hardware is using Android. Overall just too many flavors of Smart TV OS's and Apps to keep up with when it comes to updating them to get things fixed. One platform would make things easier for them all.
Terminader likes this.
post #1522 of 1845 Old 04-18-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:

Ok looking at this image it looks like your using RVU which could be part of your problem so my guess is your using Direct TV to watch your HDR Content correct?? If so have you tried not using RVU first for the best results or for prevent running into issues. I would make sure that you have the latest hardware from your TV Provider basically if your on Direct TV make sure to have their latest Genie. If not then things might not work as well doesn't mean they wont work but for best results its always better to make sure your hardware is up to date. This will Always Vary due to some people TV Providers have better hardware than others so PQ and overall experience will Vary. So if you are using Direct TV try not to use RVU its obvious some kind of issue is going on with the hardware that is hooked up to the TV for this screen to come up.

So you if your using a Wireless Mini Genie you might make sure to go to a regular Mini Genie also make sure to have them install a DECA to pass your internet connection to all of your Direct TV equipment as well. One it make your connection a lot more stable and you always want a stable connection to your Direct TV hardware especially when it comes to video and doing anything in 4K.. This is something Direct TV Users and AT&T users have already been discussing so again it's not a TV issues it's how the TV Provider Hardware is configured.
Terminader likes this.

Last edited by Infiniti-F1; 04-18-2017 at 07:13 AM.
post #1523 of 1845 Old 04-18-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:

These tips are fantastic! I wish the manual had this kind of useful information! Thanks!
Terminader likes this.
post #1524 of 1845 Old 04-18-2017, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ok looking at this image it looks like your using RVU which could be part of your problem so my guess is your using Direct TV to watch your HDR Content correct?? If so have you tried not using RVU first for the best results or for prevent running into issues. I would make sure that you have the latest hardware from your TV Provider basically if your on Direct TV make sure to have their latest Genie. If not then things might not work as well doesn't mean they wont work but for best results its always better to make sure your hardware is up to date. This will Always Vary due to some people TV Providers have better hardware than others so PQ and overall experience will Vary. So if you are using Direct TV try not to use RVU its obvious some kind of issue is going on with the hardware that is hooked up to the TV for this screen to come up.

So you if your using a Wireless Mini Genie you might make sure to go to a regular Mini Genie also make sure to have them install a DECA to pass your internet connection to all of your Direct TV equipment as well. One it make your connection a lot more stable and you always want a stable connection to your Direct TV hardware especially when it comes to video and doing anything in 4K.. This is something Direct TV Users and AT&T users have already been discussing so again it's not a TV issues it's how the TV Provider Hardware is configured.

No, this was just a screen that shows the problem the most. I have an HR-44 but there is no way to view 4K or HDR content with it. The only way for me to watch that is via Netflix or Amazon which causes the problem you see here. Like I said it goes away after a few days but I can't watch any HDR content during that time or it stays. It shows up on Xbox, Netflix, HBO go, showtime, DIRECTV, Amazon, you name it. Not sure why you're insisting it's not the tv when it clearly is.

I actually talked to Samsung about it and they just had me reset all picture settings to default and told me it will go away in a few days (which it did). But I shouldn't have to use undesirable default settings to watch HDR. I'm just curious if anybody else was experiencing the same thing.

post #1525 of 1845 Old 04-18-2017, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No, this was just a screen that shows the problem the most. I have an HR-44 but there is no way to view 4K or HDR content with it. The only way for me to watch that is via Netflix or Amazon which causes the problem you see here. Like I said it goes away after a few days but I can't watch any HDR content during that time or it stays. It shows up on Xbox, Netflix, HBO go, showtime, DIRECTV, Amazon, you name it. Not sure why you're insisting it's not the tv when it clearly is.

I actually talked to Samsung about it and they just had me reset all picture settings to default and told me it will go away in a few days (which it did). But I shouldn't have to use undesirable default settings to watch HDR. I'm just curious if anybody else was experiencing the same thing.

If the TV is still under warranty, call Samsung and ask to have the unit looked at by a service tech. I know their website has a way of uploading photos, so if you haven't already done so I would suggest that you get this photo to them ASAP. I'm no expert, but it looks to me like there's a problem with the backlight or the light guide.

post #1526 of 1845 Old 04-18-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Hmm RVU is u usually when you have Direct TV of some thing hooked up which is what the Screen is showing. Which it looks like is effecting all the inputs which then would the rest might not work so you might try a different set of HDMI cables. Also try not having any Direct TV Hardware hooked up to your TV and go to like the Netflix App or Amazon App on on the TV and try watching HDR Content on one of those to see if that Same RVU Screen pops up. NO you don't have to use undesirable settings but if something hooked to the TV that does not like the settings on the TV it could effect everything else on the TV. That' why it would be interesting to see if this issue happens when you just use a built in App to watch HDR Content If it does not then it's something that is hooked to the TV. If you think its not something hooked to the TV then the same thing should happen when you use a built in TV Apps to watch HDR Content without anything hooked to the TV. Just going by what the Error says on the screen its something hooked to the the TV that is causing the error to come up from time to time. If its the TV it will do the same thing when you watch HDR Content on Netflix or Amazon using the App without having any other hardware hooked up. It's already been noted that people have had issues with the HR-44 with Samsung TV's trying to use Direct TV RVU. Again the Screenshot taken shows that it's something not working correctly with Directs TV hardware when it comes to RVU. You might look at getting on their latest Genie if not then when this error comes up reboot the Genie also check if you don't have a DECA installed you might get one added. RVU relates to Direct TV.

Last edited by Infiniti-F1; 04-18-2017 at 01:13 PM.
post #1527 of 1845 Old 04-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hmm RVU is u usually when you have Direct TV of some thing hooked up which is what the Screen is showing. Which it looks like is effecting all the inputs which then would the rest might not work so you might try a different set of HDMI cables. Also try not having any Direct TV Hardware hooked up to your TV and go to like the Netflix App or Amazon App on on the TV and try watching HDR Content on one of those to see if that Same RVU Screen pops up. NO you don't have to use undesirable settings but if something hooked to the TV that does not like the settings on the TV it could effect everything else on the TV. That' why it would be interesting to see if this issue happens when you just use a built in App to watch HDR Content If it does not then it's something that is hooked to the TV. If you think its not something hooked to the TV then the same thing should happen when you use a built in TV Apps to watch HDR Content without anything hooked to the TV. Just going by what the Error says on the screen its something hooked to the the TV that is causing the error to come up from time to time. If its the TV it will do the same thing when you watch HDR Content on Netflix or Amazon using the App without having any other hardware hooked up. It's already been noted that people have had issues with the HR-44 with Samsung TV's trying to use Direct TV RVU. Again the Screenshot taken shows that it's something not working correctly with Directs TV hardware when it comes to RVU. You might look at getting on their latest Genie if not then when this error comes up reboot the Genie also check if you don't have a DECA installed you might get one added. RVU relates to Direct TV.

I appreciate the thoughtful ideas but you're stuck on the wrong thing though. Literally the only reason I ever went to this screen was to see if what I thought I was seeing was really as bad as it was. Forget about what screen is showing and imagine it being a blank white slide. I could have taken this screen shot on any app, on any input.

This happened after I watched an HDR show on Netflix and went to watch another non-HDR show on Netflix. I then went around to different inputs seeing if it affected everything or if it was specifically one item. Nothing popped up automatically, no error messages were generated by equipment.

I think I'll just keep contacting Samsung every time it happens and they may eventually send a tech out. As it stands their troubleshooting procedure for this item is to reset all picture setting and wait a few days. Thanks everyone for your ideas and time.

post #1528 of 1845 Old 04-18-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the thoughtful ideas but you're stuck on the wrong thing though. Literally the only reason I ever went to this screen was to see if what I thought I was seeing was really as bad as it was. Forget about what screen is showing and imagine it being a blank white slide. I could have taken this screen shot on any app, on any input.

This happened after I watched an HDR show on Netflix and went to watch another non-HDR show on Netflix. I then went around to different inputs seeing if it affected everything or if it was specifically one item. Nothing popped up automatically, no error messages were generated by equipment.

I think I'll just keep contacting Samsung every time it happens and they may eventually send a tech out. As it stands their troubleshooting procedure for this item is to reset all picture setting and wait a few days. Thanks everyone for your ideas and time.

Hmm yeah that's strange have you made sure your TV has the latest update. Also since you have now said this happens with Netflix and I assume your using the Netflix App that comes with the Smart Hub or the TV and Not another Netflix App that might be part of a DVR or another device. If your using the Netflix App that comes with the TV try doing a Smart Hub Reset and go back and see if you get the error again. I know the Netflix App just updated for the TV not to long ago and make sure to try the one that comes with the TV instead of another device.
post #1529 of 1845 Old 04-20-2017, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Is the AA01 a Samsung panel?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
post #1530 of 1845 Old 04-20-2017, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Hi guys. I've recently purchased the Sony 75" X940E which is unbelievable BUT... is exceptionally expensive. I'm looking at switching this for either the Sony 65" Z9D (75" is way out of my price range) or the 78" KS9000 (this is the curved version here in the UK, 9500 in the US?).

I know that TECHNICALLY the Z9D is going to be the better TV (3D, FALD, ridiculous amount of dimming zones, future Dolby Vision, etc etc), but I can't help but think that for the same price, I'd prefer the size of the Samsung.

The problem I have is that every forum comes to the same conclusion, the Z9D is always going to come out on top being one of the LCD TV's of 2016 (maybe even 2017). But, for the extra screen estate at the same price, maybe the 78KS9000 is the bargain that I should go for. Particuarly as I'm not overly techy!

Any thoughts? Apologies as I know this is an owner's thread, but you're exactly the people I'm hoping to get advice from!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KS9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page