Official Samsung KS9000 4K UHD Owners Thread - Page 56 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 455Likes

post #1651 of 1845 Old 06-27-2017, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Official Samsung KS9000 4K UHD Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver3294 View Post
Has anyone had this issue with one section of the back light not coming on right away? a section of the bottom left is dark when I first turn on the set. So far it pops on eventually but it looks to be getting worse. Will be contacting Samsung : |

Yup. They'll have you reset all of your settings and it'll take a few days to clear up. I've had the same problem multiple times and narrowed it down to HDR viewing that can cause it.

See my first post #1504.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
PSN: PikturePerfekt07

Last edited by kamouflage; 06-27-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1845 Old 06-27-2017, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I just got a really good deal on the exhibition model of the 78KS9000. Given the numbering discrepancies between regions I'm not terribly sure I belong in this thread. It's 78" and curved and it's beautiful.

I was looking at the Sony X940E, but this one was a bit more than half the price so I went with it.

I have some basic questions:

I set up the remote to control my cable box through the receiver, which I plugged in HDMI 4, because it had ARC.

I have the cable box, PS4Pro and HTPC connected to the receiver (a Denon X6200W if it helps).

I'm thinking controlling the HTPC is gonna be a no go with this. I have an Intel NUC that actually has IR integrated and I have a universal remote already that controls everything (Int-422), but the TV remote is much nicer, so I wouldn't mind using that.

I can control the cable box fine, but the problem is that I can't change the input on the receiver. And the input will automatically change to TV Audio if I use any of the apps, like Netflix for example and then I can't get it back. So I have to use either the universal remote or the receiver remote, which kinda defeats the purpose.

I also would like to know if it's possible to get movie as the picture setting for the HTPC. I changed the source from PC to something else and I was able to get it. But after I changed source and then went back it was detected as PC again and didn't give me the option.

Also I couldn't turn game mode on my PS4Pro, weirdly enough it only gives me the option on the cable box.

Thanks for all the help in advance.
post #1653 of 1845 Old 06-28-2017, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
I just got a really good deal on the exhibition model of the 78KS9000. Given the numbering discrepancies between regions I'm not terribly sure I belong in this thread. It's 78" and curved and it's beautiful.

I was looking at the Sony X940E, but this one was a bit more than half the price so I went with it.

I have some basic questions:

I set up the remote to control my cable box through the receiver, which I plugged in HDMI 4, because it had ARC.

I have the cable box, PS4Pro and HTPC connected to the receiver (a Denon X6200W if it helps).

I'm thinking controlling the HTPC is gonna be a no go with this. I have an Intel NUC that actually has IR integrated and I have a universal remote already that controls everything (Int-422), but the TV remote is much nicer, so I wouldn't mind using that.

I can control the cable box fine, but the problem is that I can't change the input on the receiver. And the input will automatically change to TV Audio if I use any of the apps, like Netflix for example and then I can't get it back. So I have to use either the universal remote or the receiver remote, which kinda defeats the purpose.

I also would like to know if it's possible to get movie as the picture setting for the HTPC. I changed the source from PC to something else and I was able to get it. But after I changed source and then went back it was detected as PC again and didn't give me the option.

Also I couldn't turn game mode on my PS4Pro, weirdly enough it only gives me the option on the cable box.

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Yeah for best results I would make sure to keep your Main Hardware like your PS4Pro ,DVR,4K Player all hooked through the One Connect Box. Anytime Anyone runs things through a Audio Receiver Especially Video it will always be a hit or miss due to some Audio Receivers work better than others. So the results will always vary only time I recommend using Audio Receivers Video inputs is if you just need to use them as extra. But your main hardware should always go through the One Connect Box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1654 of 1845 Old 06-28-2017, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 42
What mode is the tv in for the ps4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #1655 of 1845 Old 06-28-2017, 04:13 PM

Also personally my ps4 is through the receiver because I have a lot of 7.1 content for sound and can’t get that through ARC.

post #1656 of 1845 Old 06-28-2017, 09:23 PM

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post
Yeah for best results I would make sure to keep your Main Hardware like your PS4Pro ,DVR,4K Player all hooked through the One Connect Box. Anytime Anyone runs things through a Audio Receiver Especially Video it will always be a hit or miss due to some Audio Receivers work better than others. So the results will always vary only time I recommend using Audio Receivers Video inputs is if you just need to use them as extra. But your main hardware should always go through the One Connect Box.
I don't understand. How do you expect me to get sound then? TV speakers are obviously a no go and while I put up with ARC with Netflix since I don't watch it that much, until I get an HDMI 2.1 TV you won't see me using that for anything serious. ARC is limited to 5.1 and HD codecs aren't supported. I think I'd rather deal with a bit of hassle on the settings side.

Also is there more than 1 ARC port? 'Cause otherwise I would really have to use the TV speakers and that's just...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Williams View Post
What mode is the tv in for the ps4?

It gives me the option to choose from Standard, Dynamic, Natural and Movie. I went with movie. Game mode is grayed out for some reason.

Last night I managed to set up my cable box connected through the receiver and it worked great. Today it didn't remember any of the settings and instead of the cable box it showed PC. Even though the receiver was on the cable input.

When are these manufacturers gonna realize that if you're willing to spend thousands on a premium TV you're probably wanna also do something about the sound. I can't believe no manufacturer ever thinks people might actually want a receiver as well.
post #1657 of 1845 Old 06-29-2017, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
I don't understand. How do you expect me to get sound then? TV speakers are obviously a no go and while I put up with ARC with Netflix since I don't watch it that much, until I get an HDMI 2.1 TV you won't see me using that for anything serious. ARC is limited to 5.1 and HD codecs aren't supported. I think I'd rather deal with a bit of hassle on the settings side.

Also is there more than 1 ARC port? 'Cause otherwise I would really have to use the TV speakers and that's just...

It gives me the option to choose from Standard, Dynamic, Natural and Movie. I went with movie. Game mode is grayed out for some reason.

Last night I managed to set up my cable box connected through the receiver and it worked great. Today it didn't remember any of the settings and instead of the cable box it showed PC. Even though the receiver was on the cable input.

When are these manufacturers gonna realize that if you're willing to spend thousands on a premium TV you're probably wanna also do something about the sound. I can't believe no manufacturer ever thinks people might actually want a receiver as well.

Wow that’s strange. Does it think it’s a PC. Mine is on movie as well. And game mode is available. You aren’t using hdr+ are you?

post #1658 of 1845 Old 06-29-2017, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamouflage View Post
Yup. They'll have you reset all of your settings and it'll take a few days to clear up. I've had the same problem multiple times and narrowed it down to HDR viewing that can cause it.

See my first post

I really appreciate the update, I guess I did a poor job searching. My son games in HDR a lot so I guess I will see what samsung says.
post #1659 of 1845 Old 07-04-2017, 09:31 AM

Liked: 0
Hi all! Am anxiously awaiting my new 75 inch KS9000, which will come this week! In anticipation, I've read this entire thread and just had a couple of questions. In addition to the KS9000, I have a Denon AVR-X3300W receiver and bought a Samsung UBD-KM85c 4K blu-ray player that I will connect. Also, we have Comcast for our cable (Grrr). Right now everything is run through the receiver and I haven't had any issues, though our tv is pretty old, so there's no streaming on the tv. I'm going to try to keep this set up this way, mostly because I don't want to have to fish more wire through the wall to run optical cable to our receiver, though I've seen suggestions to connect things straight to the One Connect box.

My plan will be to use the rtings calibration settings (we don't game, so this will be strictly for tv watching), but wondering if I need to do anything else as people have mentioned the SOE and judder, so wonder if I need to adjust settings from the rtings settings. A bit of overload absorbing the info in the thread so just wondering if I need to do anything else preemptively in setting the tv up?

Also, I've seen references to the spacers for wall mounting the tv. Are those mandatory to use, and is that because the tv is so thin the screws won't go in all the way? Do I attach the spacers to the tv then attach the mount to it?

Thanks all for your feedback. Super excited to get the tv, and with our tv being so old, I've been out of the loop on all the new technology, so it's been a bit of a learning curve for me!
post #1660 of 1845 Old 07-04-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonjd View Post
Hi all! Am anxiously awaiting my new 75 inch KS9000, which will come this week! In anticipation, I've read this entire thread and just had a couple of questions. In addition to the KS9000, I have a Denon AVR-X3300W receiver and bought a Samsung UBD-KM85c 4K blu-ray player that I will connect. Also, we have Comcast for our cable (Grrr). Right now everything is run through the receiver and I haven't had any issues, though our tv is pretty old, so there's no streaming on the tv. I'm going to try to keep this set up this way, mostly because I don't want to have to fish more wire through the wall to run optical cable to our receiver, though I've seen suggestions to connect things straight to the One Connect box.

My plan will be to use the rtings calibration settings (we don't game, so this will be strictly for tv watching), but wondering if I need to do anything else as people have mentioned the SOE and judder, so wonder if I need to adjust settings from the rtings settings. A bit of overload absorbing the info in the thread so just wondering if I need to do anything else preemptively in setting the tv up?

Also, I've seen references to the spacers for wall mounting the tv. Are those mandatory to use, and is that because the tv is so thin the screws won't go in all the way? Do I attach the spacers to the tv then attach the mount to it?

Thanks all for your feedback. Super excited to get the tv, and with our tv being so old, I've been out of the loop on all the new technology, so it's been a bit of a learning curve for me!

You will definitely need the spacers that come with it. It makes sense and then use the proper bolt sizes. Which is all in the manual. Don’t try and buy a bolt in without the spacer you risk damaging the tv and it possibly falling off the mount.

Terminader likes this.
post #1661 of 1845 Old 07-05-2017, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 5
update on issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver3294 View Post
I really appreciate the update, I guess I did a poor job searching. My son games in HDR a lot so I guess I will see what samsung says.
Quote:

See my first post #1504.
Wanted to update in case anyone was interested. Samsung support had me reset my settings and manually upgrade, via usb, to firmware 1180. This did not solve the issue. In fact, when the problem initially started it would go away after about 5-10 min. While watching a uhd disc this weekend the left side of the screen went dark again towards the end of the movie. The retailer agreed to take the set back. Thanks for all the info here everyone, this thread has been so valuable!
Terminader and kamouflage like this.
post #1662 of 1845 Old 07-05-2017, 07:24 PM

Got my KS9000 today and it's a beautiful set! Only problem I'm having is that every 15-20 minutes it loses the video source signal and I have to go back into the menu to select it again. So far, just watching Comcast cable, and that's been the issue. Set up is everything running through the Denon AVR X3300W and ARC for the HDMI connection (would need to fish cable and/or optical cable through the wall, hence wanted to try this set up first). I think I remember reading somewhere in the thread an issue like this, but couldn't find the post. I've unplugged the power for everything to reset it and it did it again. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Edit to add....this is the exact same setup as yesterday, only change was adding the new Samsung KS9000 in place of my ancient Samsung LCD.

Last edited by saxonjd; 07-05-2017 at 07:39 PM.
post #1663 of 1845 Old 07-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Got my KS9000 today and it's a beautiful set! Only problem I'm having is that every 15-20 minutes it loses the video source signal and I have to go back into the menu to select it again. So far, just watching Comcast cable, and that's been the issue. Set up is everything running through the Denon AVR X3300W and ARC for the HDMI connection (would need to fish cable and/or optical cable through the wall, hence wanted to try this set up first). I think I remember reading somewhere in the thread an issue like this, but couldn't find the post. I've unplugged the power for everything to reset it and it did it again. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Edit to add....this is the exact same setup as yesterday, only change was adding the new Samsung KS9000 in place of my ancient Samsung LCD.

I would start with making sure the tv has the latest updates from Samsung.

Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
PSN: PikturePerfekt07
post #1664 of 1845 Old 07-06-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I would start with making sure the tv has the latest updates from Samsung.

Thanks, software is up do date when I run the online update. 1180 is the version? I saw reference to the Anynet+, so I turned that off and that solved the problem of the tv turning off every 20 minutes or so. Now the new problem is when I use our all in one Pro remote to turn on the system it turns everything on, but it doesn't connect to the cable source. I have to use the Samsung remote to switch to Comcast. Narrowing it down, but not sure what to check next.
post #1665 of 1845 Old 07-06-2017, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Thanks, software is up do date when I run the online update. 1180 is the version? I saw reference to the Anynet+, so I turned that off and that solved the problem of the tv turning off every 20 minutes or so. Now the new problem is when I use our all in one Pro remote to turn on the system it turns everything on, but it doesn't connect to the cable source. I have to use the Samsung remote to switch to Comcast. Narrowing it down, but not sure what to check next.
Yeah you must have something else connected that has HDMI CEC on it. Sounds like it keeps telling the tv to switch to another input. What brand is the Pro remote? It sounds like you don't have the right discreet IR codes for the KS9000 to switch sources. If you are using an older model's ir codes it won't be able to handle Samsung's new layout.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple 4K, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One X
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
LG OLED 55C8PUA, Denon x4400h, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
post #1666 of 1845 Old 07-06-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Yeah you must have something else connected that has HDMI CEC on it. Sounds like it keeps telling the tv to switch to another input. What brand is the Pro remote? It sounds like you don't have the right discreet IR codes for the KS9000 to switch sources. If you are using an older model's ir codes it won't be able to handle Samsung's new layout.
That seems to make some sense. The old Samsung connected was at least 8 years old, so probably is a difference in the codes. I'll have to mess around some more. Wonder if I turn back on the Anynet+ and unplug everything to reset if that will fix the problem? Or will probably have to update the codes for sure. Thanks Silkclown!
post #1667 of 1845 Old 07-06-2017, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
That seems to make some sense. The old Samsung connected was at least 8 years old, so probably is a difference in the codes. I'll have to mess around some more. Wonder if I turn back on the Anynet+ and unplug everything to reset if that will fix the problem? Or will probably have to update the codes for sure. Thanks Silkclown!
It might fix things, you never know. Check all your other devices for HDMI CEC first; in my experience when multiple connected devices have that set to on strange things happen. Yes you will definitely have to update those codes on the remote for source changing. Things like volume and power on/off will work fine without new codes but other things will act screwy.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple 4K, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One X
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
LG OLED 55C8PUA, Denon x4400h, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
post #1668 of 1845 Old 07-12-2017, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you with a soundbar and the KS9000, is your soundbar mounted a distance away from the bottom of the TV to allow some room for the vents or would it be safe to push the soundbar right up to the bottom edge?
post #1669 of 1845 Old 07-12-2017, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Quoted: 1962 Post(s)
Liked: 3260
HDR1O+ TITLES ON AMAZON:

I was told today that they expect to have the dynamic HDR10 content go live by the end of August.
King Richard likes this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #1670 of 1845 Old 07-12-2017, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Quoted: 1962 Post(s)
Liked: 3260
EYE CANDY ALERT:

Our own Jet-X has produced a documentary which is available on UltraFlix:

"The Good Years: A Blimpumentary 4K (shot on Sony AX100, RX10 M2, and X1000 ActionCam)"
azz7686 and King Richard like this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #1671 of 1845 Old 07-17-2017, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Variable density line - top left corner KS9005

Hi all.

Recently purchased a run-out of 2016's Samsung premium 75" model KS9005 (Australian version - UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02) for home.
Being quite a few grand cheaper than the newer QLED's and at run-out pricing, I decided that an extra 500 nits and slightly larger colour gamut wasn't critical for my home viewing.
I'm a SMPTE member, work in feature production/post production doing image quality control and also in-house theatre and TV calibration (uncertified).. so I have a bit of an idea about an on-screen image.

I've had one run-in with Samsung about the aluminium bevel finish (its like a serrated knife edge!!!!) but they say they are "all like that" so gave me some small compensation which I put toward a wall mount for safety... get it away from the smaller kids around the house.

Now we've settled into watching some "normal" material on it from various sources - standard-def cable Foxtel, HD free-to-air TV (1080i), 1080p 24 movies from HDD, 4K HDR Youtube - I've become aware of what looks like a shadow or density line in a lot of images near the top-left corner of the TV (see attached images - note these are 4k screenshots from each of above sources that I've converted to jpgs from 4K video recording off the TV). Needless to say this is starting to drive me nuts as I'm always looking for it (hazard of the job).

Before I hammer Samsung again I thought I'd ask opinions of those of you who have more time with this TV model... have you seen anything similar to this?
My online research so far has turned up nothing that appears to describe my particular issue... but I may well have missed something as the threads are just too long to completely review now.
Thanks for any advice/assistance/comments.

cheers - Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0004.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	2242689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0013.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	2242697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0003.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	2242705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0012.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	2242713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0002.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	2242721  

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0011.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	2242729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0001.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	2242737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0010.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	2242745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0009.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	2242753   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0008.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	2242761  

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0007.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	2242769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0006.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	2242777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02_4Kscreenshot.0005.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	2242785  

Last edited by cws127; 07-18-2017 at 04:30 PM.
post #1672 of 1845 Old 07-18-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws127 View Post
Hi all.

Recently purchased a run-out of 2016's Samsung premium 75" model KS9005 (Australian version - UA75KS9005WXXY-FA02) for home.
Being quite a few grand cheaper than the newer QLED's and at run-out pricing, I decided that an extra 500 nits and slightly larger colour gamut wasn't critical for my home viewing.
I'm a SMPTE member, work in feature production/post production doing image quality control and also in-house theatre and TV calibration (uncertified).. so I have a bit of an idea about an on-screen image.

I've had one run-in with Samsung about the aluminium bevel finish (its like a serrated knife edge!!!!) but they say they are "all like that" so gave me some small compensation which I put toward a wall mount for safety... get it away from the smaller kids around the house.

Now we've settled into watching some "normal" material on it from various sources - standard-def cable Foxtel, HD free-to-air TV (1080i), 1080p 24 movies from HDD, 4K HDR Youtube - I've become aware of what looks like a shadow or density line in a lot of images near the top-left corner of the TV (see attached images - note these are 4k screenshots from each of above sources that I've converted to jpgs from 4K video recording off the TV). Needless to say this is starting to drive me nuts as I'm always looking for it (hazard of the job).

Before I hammer Samsung again I thought I'd ask opinions of those of you who have more time with this TV model... have you seen anything similar to this?
My online research so far has turned up nothing that appears to describe my particular issue... but I may well have missed something as the threads are just too long to completely review now.

cheers - Chris
I have the EXACT same issue in the same spot.. been through 1 replacement that had an issue with the bezel.. next screen they sent was cracked and then they swapped out the TV and the new one has terrible light bleed and the SAME line in the upper left corner. Mine moves those as it seems to be trying to adjust the local dimming or something. If i turn on Smart LED its terrible and I see more of them moving. So frustrating. The only constant for me in all my replacements has been the One Connect Box I am hoping to get the panel and that swapped out soon as I have a service all in. I will let you know if it fixes it.
post #1673 of 1845 Old 07-18-2017, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
I have the EXACT same issue in the same spot.. been through 1 replacement that had an issue with the bezel.. next screen they sent was cracked and then they swapped out the TV and the new one has terrible light bleed and the SAME line in the upper left corner. Mine moves those as it seems to be trying to adjust the local dimming or something. If i turn on Smart LED its terrible and I see more of them moving. So frustrating. The only constant for me in all my replacements has been the One Connect Box I am hoping to get the panel and that swapped out soon as I have a service all in. I will let you know if it fixes it.
Thanks for the info Billy. Confirms my suspicions that there is quite a problem somewhere.
When I initially spotted this "density change" line it was also moving up and down with the picture on my TV, but always confined to that top-left area. I went through all the settings switching things on and off to see if there was any impact, but it just seems to have become locked to that one position now.
I'll be sending the same images to Samsung today to see what they have to say.. will probably prompt a second service call for mine.
Good luck getting your issues resolved. I'll update when I get some more info also.
Chris
post #1674 of 1845 Old 07-19-2017, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 365
I was trying to get my Oppo 203 set up for use with the KS9000. I have to run a 40 foot HDMI Cable from the Oppo to the KS9000. I was testing one of the Fiber optic cables to be sure I could get 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 HDR using the movie Billy Lynn's Long half time walk . I had no problem passing it to the display, and all showed on the Info at the TV. The problem I had was that the Backlight was at 18 and looked a little dark, the moment I touched the adjustment to go to 19 the picture got lot brighter. Then in a little while went back to the darker picture. The same thing happened when I went to adjust it again. I moved the Backlight to Max and in a little while the picture dimmed slightly. You could move the Backlight adjustment and it would come back. Everything else is fine. Yes I know the Backlight is supposed to got to max when you go to a HDR movie, but if you make any adjustments it will stay at your settings the next time.
Any One here had this happen.
Thanks,
Glenee

Nothing's Impossible if you don't have to do it yourself ! Glenee
post #1675 of 1845 Old 07-19-2017, 06:28 PM

Sounds like you might have the eco settings in and it’s trying to adjust the brightness accordingly. I would just turn that stuff off.

King Richard likes this.
post #1676 of 1845 Old 07-19-2017, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by cws127 View Post
Hi all.

cheers - Chris
I have the same issue as well. I thought a new power board might resolve it but it did not. Getting a new panel on Friday and hopefully it goes away.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
cws127 likes this.
post #1677 of 1845 Old 07-20-2017, 05:50 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Sounds like you might have the eco settings in and it’s trying to adjust the brightness accordingly. I would just turn that stuff off.

Thanks Billy. I have all that stuff turned off and I am using King Richards settings for the most part.
King Richard likes this.

post #1678 of 1845 Old 07-20-2017, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Well Sir I have to admit, I was wrong. It seems that this Display treats HDR, 4k as a completely Individual Input. What I mean is that when you play a non 4k disc in your UHD Player it treats it as the settings used when set up. When you play a 4K HDR disc in your UHD Player it uses it own factory settings, just as a complete seperate Input. You have to go into setting just like another Input and set it all up again. You can't just use Movie or Standard and expect a transfer. Once you have these set it will remember everytime it recognizes a HDR/4K signal being fed.
Long story short I had to go in and turn Off all ECO Settings and check all settings for that mode.
So Mr. Billy Williams was right even though I thought I had it.
All the Best,
Glen
Billy Williams likes this.

Last edited by Glenee; 07-20-2017 at 07:14 AM.
post #1679 of 1845 Old 07-21-2017, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
I have the same issue as well. I thought a new power board might resolve it but it did not. Getting a new panel on Friday and hopefully it goes away.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
For the record, my new panel has the same issue. It is less apparent for whatever reason but it is still there. So either some of us are extremely unlocking getting multiple panels with the issue, the refirbs I received were returned previously for this exact issue, or all the panels have it to some degree and most people never notice.
post #1680 of 1845 Old 07-21-2017, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Cool Using "Eco Sensor" to control your Backlight:

I've had my 8550 since 2014 and bought my JS9000 when I saw 3D was removed from KS9000.

8550's factory default setting was ECO Sensor "On" and I was startled by turning Backlight Down and seeing it get (initially) so much brighter.

Both 8550 and 9000 are in 'daylight' bright rooms with variable night lighting. Only way to have a single Backlight setting work for me is to initially set backlight to its maximum value (20) and enable (Menu>System>Eco Solution>) Eco Sensor "On" and set its "Min. Backlight" for a value that pleases my eyes. Any change for Backlight should then be done through "Min. Backlight".

Of course any change in Picture>Backlight setting instantly turns 'Eco Sensor' off. Unlike "Energy Saving", all "Eco Sensor" ever does is adjust your Backlight for existing conditions and you set its absolute maximum before enabling.

It will take the sensor a few seconds to adjust for a sudden change in room lighting but it's still much faster than opening the menu and resetting your Picture>Backlight for every ambient/artificial light change.
Art
King Richard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KS9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page