Official Samsung KS9000 4K UHD Owners Thread - Page 57 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 456Likes

post #1681 of 1846 Old 07-25-2017, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
For the record, my new panel has the same issue. It is less apparent for whatever reason but it is still there. So either some of us are extremely unlocking getting multiple panels with the issue, the refirbs I received were returned previously for this exact issue, or all the panels have it to some degree and most people never notice.
My 75" TV will be returned and I'll be looking at the Q7 and Q9, or maybe the Panasonic 4K's (OLED or FALD-LED), although I hate the surface reflections on OLEDs.
Out of interest I created a "flat field" full-HD quicktime video of frames that ramped through from 0% (black) to 100% (white) in 5% increments (5-sec per increment) and put it on a USB stick, mainly so I can test new TV's in-store for such issues. Put it into the KS9005 and the problem was immediately apparent just how bad this issue is (much easier to see on flat grey than on an image). The panel's internal test images didn't really show the problem, and another Connect box didn't change anything, so the problem seems to lie somewhere in the image processing boards, according to the service rep.
The other thing that struck me was how poor the overall edge-lit lighting of the panel was... hot-spots and dim areas all over the screen. Will be interesting to see how the other technologies perform in comparison using this test QT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 1846 Old 07-30-2017, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quick update on my next choice.... it'll be the Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV TH-65EZ950U
Not as big overall but then the wife thought 75" was too big for her to watch comfortably.

My main concern is accurate colour, rather than extreme brightness.... and minimising what I have to do to calibrate it at home.
Think this will fit the bill nicely from what I could quickly do in-store without any gear.
cheers!
post #1683 of 1846 Old 08-07-2017, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 373
On my 75 I can change the input HDMI 2 name to OPPO. Then within a couple of days it goes back to the name HDMI 2. I know this has been a problem before on different threads. Has anyone figured out how to make it stay when you label it ?

Nothing's Impossible if you don't have to do it yourself ! Glenee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1684 of 1846 Old 08-07-2017, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I went to my local Visions (Canada) and found a ks9500 65" and they offered me a real good deal on the tv, I was just wondering how long do you see this set being future proof for? Would it be worth waiting a few months til an MU8000 goes on sale or should I jump on this deal right now? I am hoping for the tv to be good for the next 5 or so years. Figured I would ask people who own one what they think and since you're the pro's how long you see this set being viable for? Thanks in advance for your thoughts

My main uses for this TV will be for an Xbox One X and watching tv on.
post #1685 of 1846 Old 08-10-2017, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Everything I have been told or read indicates the 9000 and 8000 series are better displays than the new models.
Take it for what it worth but I just inquired about a new Q series for my Brother In Law and had a Dealer (Good Friend) decline to sell me one.
You had better do some research.
King Richard likes this.

post #1686 of 1846 Old 08-25-2017, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 101
No Problems so far on my KS9000 so always be careful where you buy from..
post #1687 of 1846 Old 09-01-2017, 01:18 PM

Read More

Samsung is bringing HDR10+ to its 2016 range of Smart TVs

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/09/01...nge-smart-tvs/
King Richard likes this.
post #1688 of 1846 Old 09-01-2017, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post
Read More

Samsung is bringing HDR10+ to its 2016 range of Smart TVs

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/09/01...nge-smart-tvs/
Very cool. Now if they would just confirm whether it's available only to the built in apps - or also over HDMI.
post #1689 of 1846 Old 09-02-2017, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I'm thinking about wall-mounting my 75-inch KS-9000. Any suggestions for wall mounts? I've been looking at the Kanto FMX3 and the Sanus SLF9.

Also, I think the TV came with some sort of spacers for wall mounting, but if so, I lost them. Does anyone know if the spacers supplied with wall mounts should do the trick or will I need to order new ones from Samsung?
post #1690 of 1846 Old 09-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 124
youll need the offset adapters or the tv will be tilted up and/or the bracket wont fit.
Terminader likes this.

Spoiler!
post #1691 of 1846 Old 09-02-2017, 10:11 PM

Liked: 2
I even ordered "correct" offset adapters from samsung. If I recall, they were way too long. Wasted 5€ there. Then figured that a normal nut on the bolt does the trick. I only had to purchase a longer bolt than the one that came with the wall mount. First I apply the wall mount piece on the bolt. Then the nut very loosely. Then I screw in the bolt on the TV. Lastly tighten the nut away from the TV, so that the wall mount piece get tighten. All done.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
azz7686 likes this.
post #1692 of 1846 Old 09-10-2017, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
4K video issues

Loving my 75" KS9000 these past couple months. Picture is spectacular. Have noticed something when watching 4k (saw on both MIHC on Amazon and 4k video from YouTube). When the scenes are a bit darker (not completely dark, but more like a darkened room or dusk), on the top 1/3 or so of the screen, especially on the upper left quadrant you can see a moving shadow/line adjusting up and down. It's not all the time, but it's annoying as it seems the tv is trying to adjust the darkness or color in that area and the line shifts up and down for a few seconds. Any ideas what this is (and hopefully I'm making sense!).

I've seen it when watching directly through the Smart TV and then today when watching on my new Samsung 4K Blu Ray player. Streaming is coming from my wifi network (download speed is 79.5 Mbps). So, not sure if it's something with 4k content (though see it with 2 different apps), something amiss with my tv, or something else? I don't notice this issue at all when watching cable (Comcast) or regular HD content with the above apps.

Thanks for any feedback!
post #1693 of 1846 Old 09-10-2017, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonjd View Post
Loving my 75" KS9000 these past couple months. Picture is spectacular. Have noticed something when watching 4k (saw on both MIHC on Amazon and 4k video from YouTube). When the scenes are a bit darker (not completely dark, but more like a darkened room or dusk), on the top 1/3 or so of the screen, especially on the upper left quadrant you can see a moving shadow/line adjusting up and down. It's not all the time, but it's annoying as it seems the tv is trying to adjust the darkness or color in that area and the line shifts up and down for a few seconds. Any ideas what this is (and hopefully I'm making sense!).

I've seen it when watching directly through the Smart TV and then today when watching on my new Samsung 4K Blu Ray player. Streaming is coming from my wifi network (download speed is 79.5 Mbps). So, not sure if it's something with 4k content (though see it with 2 different apps), something amiss with my tv, or something else? I don't notice this issue at all when watching cable (Comcast) or regular HD content with the above apps.

Thanks for any feedback!
Myself and a few others have posted about this. We have gone through multiple replacement panels and all had the issue. So that's a small sample size but for those that see it, it would appear it impacts all panels. You can minimize it by turning off smart led it you can't get rid of it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #1694 of 1846 Old 09-10-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Myself and a few others have posted about this. We have gone through multiple replacement panels and all had the issue. So that's a small sample size but for those that see it, it would appear it impacts all panels. You can minimize it by turning off smart led it you can't get rid of it.

Thanks Primetime Guy. So, does that mean the panel is bad? Do I need to contact Samsung to address the issue? I'll try turning off the Smart LED and see if that fixes it. Bummer as I love the tv otherwise and worry I'll get an inferior one if they want to replace it, since I've heard the models this year are a step down for the price you pay.
post #1695 of 1846 Old 09-10-2017, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Primetime Guy. So, does that mean the panel is bad? Do I need to contact Samsung to address the issue? I'll try turning off the Smart LED and see if that fixes it. Bummer as I love the tv otherwise and worry I'll get an inferior one if they want to replace it, since I've heard the models this year are a step down for the price you pay.
I don't know if you'll find a panel that doesn't have the issue. Any of us that noticed the issue still noticed it after replacements. So either every panel has the issue or we are just very unlucky.

post #1696 of 1846 Old 09-10-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I don't know if you'll find a panel that doesn't have the issue. Any of us that noticed the issue still noticed it after replacements. So either every panel has the issue or we are just very unlucky.

Thanks Primetimeguy. Any suggestions on how I explain this to Samsung to get them to act on it? Feel like I'm struggling to explain it adequately. Hope I don't get the run-around with them......

I'm sure they'll make me go through the repair process before offering a replacement.
post #1697 of 1846 Old 09-11-2017, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Primetimeguy. Any suggestions on how I explain this to Samsung to get them to act on it? Feel like I'm struggling to explain it adequately. Hope I don't get the run-around with them......

I'm sure they'll make me go through the repair process before offering a replacement.
Not really, video is the best. If you turn off Smart LED and put up a gray pattern in the 15-20% range and adjust the backlight up and down it is very obvious what is happening. Since Smart LED adjusts the backlight level, that is what you see it jumping around. Turning that off keeps the issue more steady had shows how things are non-uniformly lit.
post #1698 of 1846 Old 09-11-2017, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Looking to wall mount my KS9000, but I lost whatever spacers and adapters came with the set. I'm looking to get replacement parts from Samsung, but they seem remarkably unknowledgeable about their own parts.

Can someone who still has the parts post a photo? If you've mounted the TV, can you post a photo showing how these parts attach to the TV and wall mount frame?

Thanks!
post #1699 of 1846 Old 09-11-2017, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Deleted

Last edited by primetimeguy; 09-11-2017 at 05:09 PM.
post #1700 of 1846 Old 09-11-2017, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post
On my 75 I can change the input HDMI 2 name to OPPO. Then within a couple of days it goes back to the name HDMI 2. I know this has been a problem before on different threads. Has anyone figured out how to make it stay when you label it ?
Don't know how to do it on the ks9000 but was able to do it with my logitech elite as I had similar problems.

Using the Logitech software, I set the Hdmi2, BD Hdmi/DVI, PC to inputhdmi2 as input for the ks9000. Had to do that as the ks9000 won't display anything if the usual "defaolt" of BD by the oneconnect is not the input selected; e.g. PC or hdmi/dvi. This is usually changed to add another "input" as seen by the one-connect when it invents another input type.

Looks like Samsung's one-connect is still flakey since I believe that Samsung people believed that the Samsung should control all your electronic equipment with their remote.
post #1701 of 1846 Old 09-12-2017, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by citrus View Post
Don't know how to do it on the ks9000 but was able to do it with my logitech elite as I had similar problems.

Using the Logitech software, I set the Hdmi2, BD Hdmi/DVI, PC to inputhdmi2 as input for the ks9000. Had to do that as the ks9000 won't display anything if the usual "defaolt" of BD by the oneconnect is not the input selected; e.g. PC or hdmi/dvi. This is usually changed to add another "input" as seen by the one-connect when it invents another input type.

Looks like Samsung's one-connect is still flakey since I believe that Samsung people believed that the Samsung should control all your electronic equipment with their remote.
Thanks so much . This is still a problem. It has held the renaming of hdmi4 to Yamaha, but Oppo on HDMI 3 seems to be something it don't like.
All the Best,
Glen

post #1702 of 1846 Old 09-18-2017, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
GAME MODE HDR ISSUE:

I just received an email from the engineers in South Korea. Below is the status of the request I submitted based on the posts in this and other threads:

They will update the firmware Over The Network to activate HDR in game mode automatically.

Below is the schedule for OTN :

2017 models (Kant M) : Oct 12

2016 models (Jazz M) : Nov 27

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #1703 of 1846 Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 AM

Liked: 13
Forgot Network Settings - Had to Reset

Yesterday my KS9000 wouldn't connect to my wireless home network. Tried over and over again, no success and other network devices were operating normally. Called Samsung and they had me first unplug the TV and let it reboot, which didn't fix it, then do a Reset. Once reset it found my home network and reconnected by itself. Somewhat annoying as I had to redo all my other settings and reload/activate apps, but fixed the issue. Just a note to you out there in case yours forgets its wireless network. Might be wise to record your settings somewhere for future use.
post #1704 of 1846 Old 09-22-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrldtx View Post
Yesterday my KS9000 wouldn't connect to my wireless home network. Tried over and over again, no success and other network devices were operating normally. Called Samsung and they had me first unplug the TV and let it reboot, which didn't fix it, then do a Reset. Once reset it found my home network and reconnected by itself. Somewhat annoying as I had to redo all my other settings and reload/activate apps, but fixed the issue. Just a note to you out there in case yours forgets its wireless network. Might be wise to record your settings somewhere for future use.
For those who have both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz you might try 2.4Ghz instead due to 5Ghz speeds are good but the footprint is smaller so it's usually good to stay with 2.4Ghz. Just a thought..
Terminader likes this.
post #1705 of 1846 Old 09-22-2017, 09:07 AM

4k On the way...

DISH Airs Live 4K College Football from FOX Sports

http://about.dish.com/press-release/...all-fox-sports
post #1706 of 1846 Old 09-25-2017, 10:54 PM

Liked: 2
Are there instructions anywhere how those picture settings are meant to be used in various apps? I mean I read somewhere that Netflix app can't have HDR+ enabled if you want to experience HDR from those streams that have it. + we need to have some specific colour mode or whatever it was called; movie or standard if I recall.

And all this could apparently be verified by looking at the back light level.

*sigh* seriously? Do I need a chart with different settings depending on what I do? What about some level of automation here? And as usual, the next firmware surely changes everything and ALL those nice guides online become obsolete, but they still remain there till the end of the world. So please attach any firmware version with which these guides and settings apply.

And not only apps, but different inputs as well; PC, blu-ray, xbox, ps4 etc..

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
post #1707 of 1846 Old 10-02-2017, 05:53 AM

Liked: 13
Remote Not Working

After operating normally for several months since last December, the remote decided to forget some of its tasks. It would turn the TV on/off normally, but none of the other keys would function. No ability to bring up the HOME page, control volume, change channels, nothing worked but on/off. Oddly, my universal Harmony One remote controlled functions fine. Thinking it might be low batteries, replaced those - no improvement. OK, does it need to be re-paired to the TV? No. Attempting to pair it failed completely - TV said there was no device. So this morning I unplugged the TV for about a minute and forced it to reboot. It then found the remote and all was well again.

This exercise was relatively painless, but I'm hoping that on top of the incident a week or so ago where it forgot its network setting that this TV isn't exhibiting random failures that will eventually render it a lemon. (BTW, getting the darned remote open to change the batteries was a royal pain in the a$$).
post #1708 of 1846 Old 10-03-2017, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Whenever I've tried to watch movies on my UBD-K8500 Samsung Blu-ray player. The picture never pops or is ever bright enough. No matter what 4k HDR movie I watch.

Is there a good reason why?

I finally bought Wonder Woman on my Xbox One S Digital buy for HDR and wow... The Colors, the brightness it's all there!

What's going on with HDR Blu-ray Player why is the picture so Dark? Is it the Samsung KS9000 TV? It can't be since Amazon and Netflix in HDR look amazing.

I'm thinking of Purchasing Apple TV 4k and maybe just watching HDR movies from Itunes, since it seems like the UBD-K8500 just isn't a good 4k Bluray player. I've tried different HDMI cables to make sure the signal is good and the HDMI is made for 4k. Nothing seems to work.
post #1709 of 1846 Old 10-04-2017, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
HDMI INPUTS NOT RETAINING ASSIGNED ID?

Some 2016 & 2017 Samsung owners have reported that their TV has a tendency to "forget" the ID assigned to an HDMI input. Attached is a simple grid that will help Samsung engineers to isolate the issue so they can duplicate it in their lab. The idea is to capture as much information as possible so that they can build the same system internally.

In the first row of boxes, please list your TV's model number, serial number, firmware version, and the HDMI input(s) affected. In the six rows of boxes below that, identify the same information for any device(s) exhibiting the problem. Finally, in the "COMMENTS" box you may make a brief statement which illustrates your particular situation such as, "I have my Blu-ray player running through my Marantz SR7011 AVR".

Please send me your responses via PM (or via email to: [email protected]), and I will pass them on to the Samsung engineering team.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SAMSUNG GRID.pdf (65.2 KB, 21 views)

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.

Last edited by Rudy1; 10-05-2017 at 05:04 AM.
post #1710 of 1846 Old 10-04-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshuttari View Post
Whenever I've tried to watch movies on my UBD-K8500 Samsung Blu-ray player. The picture never pops or is ever bright enough. No matter what 4k HDR movie I watch.

Is there a good reason why?

I finally bought Wonder Woman on my Xbox One S Digital buy for HDR and wow... The Colors, the brightness it's all there!

What's going on with HDR Blu-ray Player why is the picture so Dark? Is it the Samsung KS9000 TV? It can't be since Amazon and Netflix in HDR look amazing.

I'm thinking of Purchasing Apple TV 4k and maybe just watching HDR movies from Itunes, since it seems like the UBD-K8500 just isn't a good 4k Bluray player. I've tried different HDMI cables to make sure the signal is good and the HDMI is made for 4k. Nothing seems to work.
Could be allot of things First make sure you have the correct settings turned on for the HDMI Port that you have your 4K player plug into. Second then make sure that you have your 4K player video settings set right as well the PQ will be better on the 4K player than a console. It sounds like things are Not configured correctly on the TV and 4K player..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KS9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page