Official Samsung KS9000 4K UHD Owners Thread - Page 62 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 456Likes

post #1831 of 1846 Old 10-07-2018, 04:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I have no idea if gently rubbing your display's panel will yield any results, but until someone else chimes in, here's a link to a post about a safe screen cleaner made by another AVSF member who used to own a KS9000:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post56420800

Good luck and if you decide to try it, please post your results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1846 Old 10-26-2018, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyYYZ View Post
I have no idea if gently rubbing your display's panel will yield any results, but until someone else chimes in, here's a link to a post about a safe screen cleaner made by another AVSF member who used to own a KS9000:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post56420800

Good luck and if you decide to try it, please post your results.
I did try rubbing the screen, and it didn't help. I've been playing with brightness and backlight to try and minimize the effect, but it's still very frustrating. Thanks for the idea, though!
SkyYYZ likes this.

------------
Silkdad
post #1833 of 1846 Old 12-28-2018, 05:12 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thinking of doing what pleases I put the link to DIGITAL-FORUM for download the 1239 firmware versions directly. Please note that this firmware is only valid for European products including the UK.
Firmware is not good for American products. So only Europeans can install it.

https://www.digital-forum.it/showthr...=1#post6038182
Terminader likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1834 of 1846 Old 01-01-2019, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I am having a slight issue with my KS9000, not sure if this is an actual problem or if its something that easily fixed?

I keep getting some vertical lines down the right hand side of my tv, it seems to cover around a quarter of the right hand side, strange thing is, these lines sometimes appear but then if i turn the TV off for a little bit then back on, they seem to go away.

I have the latest FW installed and can't now remember if it was happening prior to installing it, i think it may have been as i have noticed these lines for a month or 2 now.

Is this something that could potentially be a problem waiting to get worse and would be best contacting Samsung to come and look at it?

I have posted a couple of picture below of what it looks like, it prob looks a tiny bit worse when you look in person, but I’m sure you get the idea of what i mean.

Regards

James
post #1835 of 1846 Old 01-02-2019, 02:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I am having a slight issue with my KS9000, not sure if this is an actual problem or if its something that easily fixed?

I keep getting some vertical lines down the right hand side of my tv, it seems to cover around a quarter of the right hand side, strange thing is, these lines sometimes appear but then if i turn the TV off for a little bit then back on, they seem to go away.

I have the latest FW installed and can't now remember if it was happening prior to installing it, i think it may have been as i have noticed these lines for a month or 2 now.

Is this something that could potentially be a problem waiting to get worse and would be best contacting Samsung to come and look at it?

I have posted a couple of picture below of what it looks like, it prob looks a tiny bit worse when you look in person, but I’m sure you get the idea of what i mean..

https://ibb.co/Q63FX9c
https://ibb.co/349gWgG
https://ibb.co/5GJyCSm
https://ibb.co/zQMjx1T
post #1836 of 1846 Old 01-30-2019, 06:45 PM

Liked: 11
January 30, 2019 New UPDATE and bad news...

Well I did have the repair done back in early May, 2018 with a new panel installed. Credit card company paid for the entire repair bill. Unfortunately, the exact same problem returned two days ago, except, no long lead up to failure. My flickering column issue started out of the blue and returned with a vengeance and almost never goes away on all lighting and menu conditions. Usual factory reset setting on the tv have had no effect. The flickering column even occurred on the exact same spot on the television.

I'm frankly baffled and honestly pissed off with Samsung's tv quality. For a brand new panel, they obviously have some quality control issues for this particular make and model. For the amount of money I laid down for this tv, I expected it to last. I'm going to try and part out the components over the coming weeks/months and if I can't get a buyer for the parts, then off to TV heaven it goes. Never again will I give my money to Samsung for any more of their tvs.
post #1837 of 1846 Old 01-31-2019, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

I've never made a claim using my credit card's extended warranty. Is there a warranty period offered on the warranty repair?
post #1838 of 1846 Old 01-31-2019, 09:05 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyYYZ View Post
I've never made a claim using my credit card's extended warranty. Is there a warranty period offered on the warranty repair?
You would have to check your credit card company's rules. Mine allowed an automatic extended warranty in that in doubled the standard 1 year warranty of my tv to 2 years. Made a claim through my credit card company and it was relatively simple. Had the tv repaired for good. So I thought. This does not include doubling of any extended warranties you may buy as an extra to your original tv purchase.
post #1839 of 1846 Old 02-03-2019, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member

Right, I meant to ask if the extended warranty repair (through your credit card company) came with a warranty of its own, or it was a one-time repair that would require an additional claim being that it's eight months later?
post #1840 of 1846 Old 02-14-2019, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
WRAL CHANNEL 5

If you’d like to catch a glimpse of what regular ATSC 3.0 broadcasts could bring, install the WRAL CHANNEL 5 app available on the Samsung M9500/M8500 BDPs. In it you’ll find samples from their 4K stream.
Terminader likes this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #1841 of 1846 Old 04-28-2019, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 370
There is a new firmware update.
SkyYYZ likes this.

Nothing's Impossible if you don't have to do it yourself ! Glenee
post #1842 of 1846 Old 04-29-2019, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post
There is a new firmware update.
Really? What version # is it?

Just checked and nothing came up!

Spoiler!
post #1843 of 1846 Old 04-30-2019, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azz7686 View Post
Really? What version # is it?

Just checked and nothing came up!
1233 Downloaded from Samsung website
azz7686 likes this.

post #1844 of 1846 Old 04-30-2019, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post
1233 Downloaded from Samsung website
Any good news come with?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Spoiler!
post #1845 of 1846 Old 04-30-2019, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Don't see any Big changes. In this age of software/firmware updates that's a good thing.

post #1846 of 1846 Old 09-25-2019, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmehlik View Post
January 30, 2019 New UPDATE and bad news...

Well I did have the repair done back in early May, 2018 with a new panel installed. Credit card company paid for the entire repair bill. Unfortunately, the exact same problem returned two days ago, except, no long lead up to failure. My flickering column issue started out of the blue and returned with a vengeance and almost never goes away on all lighting and menu conditions. Usual factory reset setting on the tv have had no effect. The flickering column even occurred on the exact same spot on the television.

I'm frankly baffled and honestly pissed off with Samsung's tv quality. For a brand new panel, they obviously have some quality control issues for this particular make and model. For the amount of money I laid down for this tv, I expected it to last. I'm going to try and part out the components over the coming weeks/months and if I can't get a buyer for the parts, then off to TV heaven it goes. Never again will I give my money to Samsung for any more of their tvs.
Hi there,
2016 KS9500 (curved) owner here... and for 2 years I've had the same issue as you: a 3" wide intermittent vertical backlight flickering (mine on right - to middle side of TV), and I was able to fix it - probably not how you would envision. ... The problem was not the TV itself, but was EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) field affecting the TV, which seemingly randomly popped up and got worse over time.
I isolated the field to in-wall speaker below the TV, which also contains 20G electric wire - so a real entangled soup of electric fields. (note even though Electric wires have the rubber cover - they still leak EMI)
Despite the speaker saying it was 'shielded' when I removed the speaker the flickering stopped altogether.

However, I did not to relocate the speaker - so I created what is referred to as a faraday cage inside the wall. Got some sturdy copper tape off Amazon and lined the walls and speaker with this - including covering the Electric wire near the TV. Put speaker back in the wall and connected... and for 2 months I've had no more flickering!

Hope this helps, mate.

Cheers,
Jason
Glenee likes this.

Sammy UN65KS9500FXVA, Yamaha RX-V 581 5.1.2, Sammy UBD-K8500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KS9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page