Official 2016 Vizio M-Series Owner's Thread - Page 194 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5368Likes

post #5791 of 10295 Old 02-09-2017, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by prme19 View Post
Try to set it on eco mode. That took care of the connection error for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Thanks, I'll try that.

Edit: It dropped connection again, so I put the TV into eco mode. It power-cycled itself, and when it was back up the connection was working.

Since putting my M65-D0 into eco mode on 02/06 I've had no more casting disconnects.
prme19 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5792 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
I experienced a lag in re-connecting. It took about 30 secs until the TV controls stopped being greyed out. I would try rebooting the tablet. Feels like a bluetooth issue unless you started with WiFi pairing when offered the option initially. Holding the tablet close to the lower right side of the display gets you closer to the bluetooth transceiver.

Hope it clears itself up. If you have an iPhone, trying installing the iOS version of the Vizio SmartCast app. It works fairly well. Only complaint is that the Netflix app doesn't indicate when I've cued up 4K or DolbyVision content.
Deleted my post instead of editing on accident. I tried restarting both devices multiple times. I finally got it to work by going through the whole setup again on the remote by adding my tv again as a new device.
post #5793 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikefan24 View Post
Deleted my post instead of editing on accident. I tried restarting both devices multiple times. I finally got it to work by going through the whole setup again on the remote by adding my tv again as a new device.
I've noticed that this past week my settings are constantly ghosted out as well. I use the ios app on my phone. Normally when i open the app i see all the settings etc. right away. They eventually pop back in a minute or so. On the bottom of the settings screen I can see my Cast and AVR name even though the top part is ghosted out. Then when I hit that it takes me to another settings screen. Who knows but it all works after a minute or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5794 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Well i got my M60 in a couple days ago and using settings from the Coolest im really loving the picture on the set. I had an m55 from 2015 that is in my bedroom now which had dse far worse than the m60 does but the thing i have with my m60 is i have a little clouding in the corners or something like that which doesnt seem to bother me to much except it seems like the fald on the m60 isnt as effective as it was on my m55. Like it just completely lights the entire corners up instead of just whats needed like on my other set and at times i can actually see it fluctuating. Is this just a result of the current firmware thats out right now or is it something else. Its not a huge thing but it is kinda distracting.
post #5795 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I have the 2016 M70-D3 and it's connected to my HTIB using HDMI-ARC.

I control my volume through the TV and this setup use to work fine on my old TV. However, with the Vizio, the TV displays the volume double of what it actually is.

For example if the volume says 34 on my HTIB, the Vizio TV displays the volume as 68. If the HTIB has a volume of 52, the Vizio will display the volume as 104 and so on. It always moves up or down in steps of 2 and is always double the actual volume.

Is there any way to adjust it so that the volume that the Vizio TV displays matches what the HTIB has?

Thanks
post #5796 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Anyone wanting the latest firmware should see this:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...iscussion.html
wmarkw likes this.
post #5797 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indept View Post
Anyone wanting the latest firmware should see this:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...iscussion.html
Yeah not a lot there besides people asking to get in on the beta. Some good notes but I assume most people know about that thread. I'll pop in occasionally to see if there is anything relevant being posted.
post #5798 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsapp2383 View Post
Well i got my M60 in a couple days ago and using settings from the Coolest im really loving the picture on the set. I had an m55 from 2015 that is in my bedroom now which had dse far worse than the m60 does but the thing i have with my m60 is i have a little clouding in the corners or something like that which doesnt seem to bother me to much except it seems like the fald on the m60 isnt as effective as it was on my m55. Like it just completely lights the entire corners up instead of just whats needed like on my other set and at times i can actually see it fluctuating. Is this just a result of the current firmware thats out right now or is it something else. Its not a huge thing but it is kinda distracting.
Well, your new 60" is IPS, which means it suffers from the same issues LG panels with poor uniformity and contrast. All you can do is try to keep the backlight setting down as much as you can stand or go with any other size as they aren't IPS.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
post #5799 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacind View Post
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I have the 2016 M70-D3 and it's connected to my HTIB using HDMI-ARC.

I control my volume through the TV and this setup use to work fine on my old TV. However, with the Vizio, the TV displays the volume double of what it actually is.

For example if the volume says 34 on my HTIB, the Vizio TV displays the volume as 68. If the HTIB has a volume of 52, the Vizio will display the volume as 104 and so on. It always moves up or down in steps of 2 and is always double the actual volume.

Is there any way to adjust it so that the volume that the Vizio TV displays matches what the HTIB has?

Thanks
Just turn off the volume control in the app audio settings and it won't show on the display at all... Now, after the display has been turned off then back on, you have to open the app again for the setting to take effect again as the display will default to showing the volume until the app with it's settings takes effect again once launched.

Last edited by danbfree; 02-10-2017 at 01:07 PM.
post #5800 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 122
So what are people's thoughts on buying an open box M70? Pretty enticing price at best buy right now (~$1,400). Any 70-75" HDR tvs coming out in the $2k range that is worth a wait?

Thanks.

Vizio P75-F1
Denon X4300 Receiver
(3) Elusive 1099s LCR - (4) Polk RC85i Surrounds
iNuke 3000dsp powering a Dayton Ultimax UM18 in a Minimarty
iNuke 6000dsp powering (2) SI HT18s in Martycubes (Nearfield)
post #5801 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarkw View Post
Yeah not a lot there besides people asking to get in on the beta. Some good notes but I assume most people know about that thread. I'll pop in occasionally to see if there is anything relevant being posted.
There was also a link to download the firmwate & update via usb drive
wmarkw likes this.
post #5802 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by indept View Post
There was also a link to download the firmwate & update via usb drive
Unfortunately, the download link for the latest beta firmware does not work.
post #5803 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman918 View Post
So what are people's thoughts on buying an open box M70? Pretty enticing price at best buy right now (~$1,400). Any 70-75" HDR tvs coming out in the $2k range that is worth a wait?

Thanks.
I think, for one, that the big price difference between the 65" and 70" is because there is no other real comparable 70" right now... It would be a few months at least for the new models to see what comes out in 70" that has HDR... But also, for anyone really interested in HDR I wouldn't suggest these partial HDR models anyway, they only add a fairly small benefit, and the reviews agree.

Also, for a 70", period, that's a good price, I bet a lot got returned after the super bowl or by those too lazy to setup/learn casting/app control so there is a good chance it's in perfect condition

dman918 likes this.
post #5804 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
I think, for one, that the big price difference between the 65" and 70" is because there is no other real comparable 70" right now... It would be a few months at least for the new models to see what comes out in 70" that has HDR... But also, for anyone really interested in HDR I wouldn't suggest these partial HDR models anyway, they only add a fairly small benefit, and the reviews agree.

Also, for a 70", period, that's a good price, I bet a lot got returned after the super bowl or by those too lazy to setup/learn casting/app control so there is a good chance it's in perfect condition

Yeah, that was one of the concerns I have. I figure I would buy a Xbox One to take advantage of HDR, and I like the idea of something being a little more "future proof", but I really want more of the real deal HDR, and it sounds like this isn't really that. For that reason, I've been very hesitant to buy this. All that being said, it's at a very attractive price point.

Vizio P75-F1
Denon X4300 Receiver
(3) Elusive 1099s LCR - (4) Polk RC85i Surrounds
iNuke 3000dsp powering a Dayton Ultimax UM18 in a Minimarty
iNuke 6000dsp powering (2) SI HT18s in Martycubes (Nearfield)
post #5805 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neffario View Post
Unfortunately, the download link for the latest beta firmware does not work.
Those Bastages
post #5806 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Well, your new 60" is IPS, which means it suffers from the same issues LG panels with poor uniformity and contrast. All you can do is try to keep the backlight setting down as much as you can stand or go with any other size as they aren't IPS.

Thats not what bothers me as im used to the general ips issues this to me almost seems like what im reading about in this and the p series thread where the backlight is just kinda acting weird where its lighting up the corners really bright when it shouldnt or like when subtitles or something are on the screen it causes a bloom effect of sorts. Hard to describe but the backlight and dimming on my 2015 m55 never has acted this way even though i know its a va panel.
post #5807 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, that was one of the concerns I have. I figure I would buy a Xbox One to take advantage of HDR, and I like the idea of something being a little more "future proof", but I really want more of the real deal HDR, and it sounds like this isn't really that. For that reason, I've been very hesitant to buy this. All that being said, it's at a very attractive price point.
You will still love this display. It's a great starter HDR set and I for one can tell a night/day difference between regular old 4K and HDR. If you want a future proof display I'd wait a couple more years and let the HDR sort itself out. The P will have a new model in 2018 but not sure if the M will get one this year or not. Even though I dropped some cash on my M70 last June I know that I will be upgrading in 4 years or so as the HDR content will be richer. And those displays will be a lot better than what we're seeing now.
post #5808 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It's definitely an attractive price point for its regular 4k picture alone, especially with the One S. It prescales itself and makes every game look great. The 75" P series is like $2600 at Sam's Club, now that is a really good deal, but pricey overall... But HDR is definitely noticeable still on the M series and with it's upgradable firmware Vizio has already said they will support any new standard as well.

Last edited by danbfree; 02-10-2017 at 03:49 PM.
post #5809 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsapp2383 View Post
Thats not what bothers me as im used to the general ips issues this to me almost seems like what im reading about in this and the p series thread where the backlight is just kinda acting weird where its lighting up the corners really bright when it shouldnt or like when subtitles or something are on the screen it causes a bloom effect of sorts. Hard to describe but the backlight and dimming on my 2015 m55 never has acted this way even though i know its a va panel.
Don't worry, I have the latest beta firmware and it definitely fixed the FALD accuracy... So even if you didn't get in on the beta program you'll get the fix eventually as a standard firmware release.

post #5810 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You will still love this display. It's a great starter HDR set and I for one can tell a night/day difference between regular old 4K and HDR. If you want a future proof display I'd wait a couple more years and let the HDR sort itself out. The P will have a new model in 2018 but not sure if the M will get one this year or not. Even though I dropped some cash on my M70 last June I know that I will be upgrading in 4 years or so as the HDR content will be richer. And those displays will be a lot better than what we're seeing now.
There is no way without wide color gamut, 8 bit drivers and a 500 nit max brightness that it's a "night and day difference". Noticeable, yes, especially with good sources like UHD Blu Ray with HDR and Amazon but Netflix is pretty subtle for sure.

post #5811 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Don't worry, I have the latest beta firmware and it definitely fixed the FALD accuracy... So even if you didn't get in on the beta program you'll get the fix eventually as a standard firmware release.

Glad to hear it. I'm very impressed with Vizio and how they actually listen to the customers and their complaints/issues. Wish some of the other companies would do the same. My Toshiba Regza had piss poor support. Would never buy another one of their products.
danbfree likes this.
post #5812 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
There is no way without wide color gamut, 8 bit drivers and a 500 nit max brightness that it's a "night and day difference". Noticeable, yes, especially with good sources like UHD Blu Ray with HDR and Amazon but Netflix is pretty subtle for sure.

Yes watching Amazon to me you can tell a big difference between 4k and HDR. I agree Netflix is very lacking on HDR/DV quality for whatever reason and its noticeable compared to Amazon. But you spend a lot of time knocking our set and no offense Dan but you even admitted you have eye/vision issues. All in jest as you are the guru in here and we have all learned a lot from you.
post #5813 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 06:08 PM

Good Evening Everyone,

Hope all is well and hello from Orlando, FL. Just purchased a 55inch from Best Buy two days ago and love the TV so far. For a TV with HDR and 4K this is the best price I could get. I stream pretty much everything so it's perfect for me.

One question I have though is that each day so far my TV has lost "smart-cast connection" and asks me to reconnect on the simple remote.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thank you so much.

Nick
post #5814 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@nicholascaiello put your power settings to eco mode; that seems to help per some on here.
post #5815 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes watching Amazon to me you can tell a big difference between 4k and HDR. I agree Netflix is very lacking on HDR/DV quality for whatever reason and its noticeable compared to Amazon. But you spend a lot of time knocking our set and no offense Dan but you even admitted you have eye/vision issues. All in jest as you are the guru in here and we have all learned a lot from you.
I have a slight color deficiency and without Wide Color Gamut, how is that going to affect what I see... I don't knock anything other than what is obvious, our set is not a high end HDR model, but it's EXCELLENT for its price range... However, if you think it has more than 1/3 the effect of a "Full" HDR model then you simply aren't being truthful.
post #5816 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
@nicholascaiello put your power settings to eco mode; that seems to help per some on here.
where do I go to do that?
post #5817 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholascaiello View Post
where do I go to do that?
Settings > System (I believe)
post #5818 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholascaiello View Post
Good Evening Everyone,

Hope all is well and hello from Orlando, FL. Just purchased a 55inch from Best Buy two days ago and love the TV so far. For a TV with HDR and 4K this is the best price I could get. I stream pretty much everything so it's perfect for me.

One question I have though is that each day so far my TV has lost "smart-cast connection" and asks me to reconnect on the simple remote.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thank you so much.

Nick
Try using a 2.4 wireless (if you are using a 5GHz) on the remote.
post #5819 of 10295 Old 02-10-2017, 10:03 PM

Anyone know why VIZIO removed the M80-D3? I just got mine about a month ago. I see the other M series models are still available, should this concern me?
post #5820 of 10295 Old 02-11-2017, 02:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Has anyone noticed a bunch of Mxx-Ey models on the firmware download page?
Does it mean we're close to a 2017 M series launch?
https://support.vizio.com/s/article/...language=en_US
And a screenshot, just in case they 'fix' that page:

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016 , m-series , m70-d3 , m80-d3 , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page