Originally Posted by sonoftumble
I read somewhere that Harmony recently updated their database for the 2016/17 Vizio M and P's. Basically they added back the old smart TV control buttons which are still the same as with the older Vizio's, but weren't available until Vizio went back to on-screen apps where having those commands make sense.
I checked the Harmony database and it has indeed been recently updated for Vizio 2016/17 M & P displays, so I did the following:
1. Signed in to MyHarmony
2. Added a new device (M65-D0) Note: Harmony added it as Vizio TV (2) M65-D0
3. Updated all my activities with the new device.
4. Deleted the old device.
5. Renamed the new device Vizio TV M65-D0
6. Added buttons for Netflix, iHeartRadio, and Vudu apps.
7. Updated a few custom button assignments for each activity.
Note: For some reason when you add a new device it may change some of your custom button assignments.
8. Synced all the updates to my Harmony remote.
When I tested my "Watch Shield"
activity the remote changed the AVR input and TV input correctly. When I tested my "Watch SmartCast"
activity the remote changed the AVR input correctly but not
the TV input. I pressed the "Help"
button on my remote and the TV input changed correctly. I powered off all devices and tried the activities again several times and all inputs change correctly now. When I get the new Vizio remote, I will add the other app buttons that the Harmony database didn't have yet. It's been a good day and I've learned a lot. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!!