Official 2016 Vizio M-Series Owner's Thread - Page 292 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5367Likes

post #8731 of 10262 Old 07-26-2017, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2717 Post(s)
Liked: 2476
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewd View Post
Sweet! I was able to order 2 of them - 1 for my M70 and one for my E43. Thanks!
It sounds like its working well for those who have tried to order remotes. Awesome news!

Your home theater looks very friendly and colorful. Very cool, I like it. Attached is mine. I don't have pictures of the surrounds, but you will see the Polk RTi-3's with the solid cherrywood cabinets. I had to go with a Pottery Barn media cabinet ( gotta keep the wife happy ), but it turned out to be well designed! I have to open the glass doors in order to watch TV/movies with surround sound.

Last edited by sonoftumble; 02-21-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8732 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
I just verified this on my setup and was able to duplicate your issue. Change the settings for all inputs to 4:2:0 on the Pioneer. You will have 2160/HDR10 passing through the Pioneer at that point. When I changed the BD input to 4:4:4, I also only got 1080P.

Let me know, but I'm certain this will fix it. Keep this in mind that almost everything that you will watch for the foreseeable - especially UHD Blu-ray's will not push out a 4:4:4 signal. 4:4:4 does nothing with color or image quality when watching movies and other lower bandwidth content.
John,

I was able to get the Pioneer to output 2160p while using the Samsung, thanks again for all of your help on this.

A few days ago you mentioned something about using your calibration settings, I'm going to have sometime this weekend, where can I get your setting?

One last thing, do you know when VIZIO will be releasing their firmware update?

Bill
sonoftumble likes this.
post #8733 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
It sounds like its working well for those who have tried to order remotes. Awesome news!

Your home theater looks very friendly and colorful. Very cool, I like it. Attached is mine. I don't have pictures of the surrounds, but you will see the Polk RTi-3's with the solid cherrywood cabinets. I had to go with a Pottery Barn media cabinet ( gotta keep the wife happy ), but it turned out to be well designed! I have to open the glass doors in order to watch TV/movies with surround sound.
Where do you find time to read those books with a video setup like that..

M70-D3
M55 (2013)
M40 (2013)
E701i-A3 (2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8734 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill378 View Post
John,

I was able to get the Pioneer to output 2160p while using the Samsung, thanks again for all of your help on this.

A few days ago you mentioned something about using your calibration settings, I'm going to have sometime this weekend, where can I get your setting?

One last thing, do you know when VIZIO will be releasing their firmware update?

Bill
Hi Bill,

Happy to hear that you were able to get the Pioneer to behave properly. One of the things you will also enjoy is the Pioneer's 4K upscaling for 1080P signals. For example, it you play a "regular" 1080P Blu-ray, the Pioneer will automatically upscale the signal to 2160p. I helps with making 1080P sources look a little better and more detailed.

Below is the link to one of my more recent calibrations that was done when my TV was running on FW 3.2.13.3. That should be the same FW rev. that your M65 is running currently.

When the new FW exits beta and goes into wide release, I will run another calibration to see what might have changed and go from there. There's no official date announced from Vizio, but most are expecting to see something in the next couple of weeks.

Let me know how your PQ looks after inputting the settings.

John

Rev 5.0 calibration: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post53778273
post #8735 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indept View Post
Where do you find time to read those books with a video setup like that..
My wife's the book reader and I'm the movie watcher. She's read all those books, and there's a book shelf to the right of the TV cabinet that's full of books - and she read all of those. The books in the TV cabinet are more for decoration - now that they have been read. She didn't want me filling up all the shelves with Blu-ray cases! lol

That picture is a bit older - when we first moved in. We've added a rug and pictures on the walls. The rug really helped with acoustics. The marble floor made the room into an echo chamber.
post #8736 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
With the impending wide release of the new firmware that provides the onscreen apps and other cool things, you can now order and receive for FREE, the new XRT136 candy bar style remote.

A couple of weeks ago, I sent out a similar message, but it was a bit early and that link was an internal Vizio site that they were using to test the fulfillment program. Oops!

Good news, the site is now real, live and ready to fulfill your every remote fantasy!

Click on the below link and have your serial number handy. Very important!! Use the serial number ON THE BACK ( right side ) OF THE TV, and not the one you'll find in the Smartcast Mobile app. They are different.

To order the remote - click here:
https://support.vizio.com/s/remote?l...m_source=43737

What does the new remote look like? Click here:
https://support.vizio.com/s/article/...language=en_US

Have a nice day.
Thanks. In for 1
sonoftumble likes this.
post #8737 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Nice console ... you mind telling where you got it from. Looking for something similar
sonoftumble likes this.

Last edited by indeo; 07-27-2017 at 09:08 AM.
post #8738 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 83
AVS Forum Article on Dolby Vision

For those of you who want more information about how to view Dolby Vision content, I found this recent article in the AVS Forums.

https://www.avsforum.com/dolby-vision-hdr-home/

My takeaway from this article is that every device within the content chain must support DV, which I wasn't aware of. So for example if you are using the Netflix app to stream DV content from a streaming device and passing it through an AVR to your Vizio display, all 3 devices must support DV. In my case, only my Vizio display currently supports DV. My Shield and Pioneer AVR don't currently support DV and would require future firmware updates to support DV. Who knows if and when this might happen, as consumer electronics manufacturers are motivated to sell you their "latest and greatest equipment" rather than support existing devices with new firmware. Kudos to Vizio for not following this mindset.

In the meantime am I SOL? No, I can still use the Netflix app within the Vizio beta SmartCast interface to view DV content. The only issue I've had so far is some audio formats are not fully supported via TOSLINK to my AVR, so I have to rely on my AVR to convert some audio signals. That being said, I can live with this occasional limitation.

This is all the more reason for Vizio to continue to develop and upgrade their SmartCast interface with much more content and features. This is not just limited to DV content, but more importantly with the convenience afforded by the SmartCast interface. Instead of being limited by the other devices in our equipment chain, we can utilize all of the power and updated features of our Vizio displays with few limitations.
sonoftumble likes this.

Display: Vizio M65-D0 4K/HDR
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-530K 4K/HDR Pass-Thru
Media Player: AT&T DirecTV Now Beta Streaming Box
Remote: Logitech Harmony 700 and Harmony Hub
HDMI Cables: Monoprice Premium Certified 18Gbs
post #8739 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackthewhip View Post
For those of you who want more information about how to view Dolby Vision content, I found this recent article in the AVS Forums.

https://www.avsforum.com/dolby-vision-hdr-home/

My takeaway from this article is that every device within the content chain must support DV, which I wasn't aware of. So for example if you are using the Netflix app to stream DV content from a streaming device and passing it through an AVR to your Vizio display, all 3 devices must support DV. In my case, only my Vizio display currently supports DV. My Shield and Pioneer AVR don't currently support DV and would require future firmware updates to support DV. Who knows if and when this might happen, as consumer electronics manufacturers are motivated to sell you their "latest and greatest equipment" rather than support existing devices with new firmware. Kudos to Vizio for not following this mindset.

In the meantime am I SOL? No, I can still use the Netflix app within the Vizio beta SmartCast interface to view DV content. The only issue I've had so far is some audio formats are not fully supported via TOSLINK to my AVR, so I have to rely on my AVR to convert some audio signals. That being said, I can live with this occasional limitation.

This is all the more reason for Vizio to continue to develop and upgrade their SmartCast interface with much more content and features. This is not just limited to DV content, but more importantly with the convenience afforded by the SmartCast interface. Instead of being limited by the other devices in our equipment chain, we can utilize all of the power and updated features of our Vizio displays with few limitations.
Interesting. I havent had an issue since day one running everything through my 2015 Denon and out/in to the Vizio. I get DV, DD+, Atmos etc. using HDMI/ARC. I do know that the 2015 Denon models will now be getting the FW update to support DV which is will be nice. I think this would come in handy when using a BR DV player to pass through the signal. OR if you hook up the new DV Chromecast directly to the AVR. So not sure if "every chain" is quite accurate depending on the source. Any other examples??
sonoftumble likes this.
post #8740 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indeo View Post
Nice console ... you mind telling where you got it from. Looking for something similar
I got it about 5 years ago from Pottery Barn. I just checked their site and it looks like they're still selling it. The beauty of the design is that it is modular. So you can mix and match the cabinet components to build out what works best for you.

Below is the direct link. It looks like they're possibly closing out this model, so the pricing is ridiculously great as compared to what I paid for mine. After looking at the options, call them and the rep will be able to help you with piecing it together properly. Because it's Pottery Barn, it automatically comes with a WAF ( Wife Approval Factor ):

https://www.potterybarn.com/products...s&isx=0.0.5832

EDIT: I've attached a pic of what mine looks like, but I did not get the upper piece.

post #8741 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Too bad Visio has been bought out. I wonder which way their quality will go.
post #8742 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto01 View Post
Too bad Visio has been bought out. I wonder which way their quality will go.
Vizio was NOT bought out. That deal fell through. Turns out that LeEco didn't have the cash to pull it off. Their CEO resigned shortly after the deal fell through. So Vizio is back to being the awesome independent American TV manufacturer. Quality should continue to be great.
wlp3D likes this.
post #8743 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarkw View Post
Interesting. I havent had an issue since day one running everything through my 2015 Denon and out/in to the Vizio. I get DV, DD+, Atmos etc. using HDMI/ARC. I do know that the 2015 Denon models will now be getting the FW update to support DV which is will be nice. I think this would come in handy when using a BR DV player to pass through the signal. OR if you hook up the new DV Chromecast directly to the AVR. So not sure if "every chain" is quite accurate depending on the source. Any other examples??
My Pioneer Elite VSX-90 supports 4K/HDR passthrough. However, I don't have any external gear that can playback DV content ( maybe the gen 5 AppleTV? ), so I don't know if the Pioneer will choke on a DV signal or simply pass it through. Certainly HDR-10 is no problem.

I haven't tried ARC yet, but I believe the Pioneer supports it. Have the bugs been worked out on the Vizio side? Is it reliable now? Any special settings on the TV?

EDIT: I've got ARC running successfully with good audio sync. Now all I need to do is find some uncompressed audio feed; i.e. DTS-Master, etc. Does Flix offer any titles that fall under that category?

Last edited by sonoftumble; 07-27-2017 at 10:51 AM.
post #8744 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 11:11 AM

@wmarkw
Quote:
Please clarify this for me, as I thought when using the SmartCast input that audio was only passed via TOSLINK to the AVR. Are you saying SmartCast can also pass audio via HDMI/ARC? Please explain how this works because I'm not understanding this.

post #8745 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@wmarkw

Please clarify this for me, as I thought when using the SmartCast input that audio was only passed via TOSLINK to the AVR. Are you saying SmartCast can also pass audio via HDMI/ARC? Please explain how this works because I'm not understanding this.
I'll beat @wmarkw to the punch. Although I'm certain he can add more to it. I just activated ARC on my Pioneer receiver and verified that the Vizio's CEC setting was "ARC only". I have disconnected my TOSLink cable from the system. It's playing DD audio from Netflix. Watching "Rogue One". On the Pioneer, the TV input automatically switched to ARC from the previous "Optical" setting.

On the Pioneer remote press the RECEIVER button, and then the HOME MENU. Choose "3.System Setup/b.HDMI Setup". Set Control to "ON" / Control Mode "OFF" / ARC "ON". Once you've done that, press the HOME MENU button again to exit out of the OSD menu. NEXT - VERY IMPORTANT. Power off the Pioneer, unplug it from power for about 15 seconds. Plug it back in and then wait about 15 seconds while it reconfigures the HDMI setup. Power it back up, choose the TV input, disconnect the TOSLink cable, and the Pioneer will play the audio from any of the casting/beta smartcast apps without any TOSLink bandwidth limitations.

It worked much easier that I was expecting. Very cool!

edit: typos
wmarkw likes this.

Last edited by sonoftumble; 07-27-2017 at 12:11 PM.
post #8746 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@sonoftumble @crackthewhip ya'll been running the basic fiber optic cable? There were a few hiccups with ARC early on but with each FW update they have made improvements. The issues I experienced were when switching inputs from say Direct TV to CAST my audio would never return. I'd have to turn everything off or at least my AVR to get it to come back. That got fixed last fall. Once I got all monoprice cables my random blinking screen went away (long time ago); probably not ARC related. But yes on the Vizio audio settings I have it set to ARC.

With netflix i get DD+. I have one VUDU title the newer Star Trek movie that has an ATMOS track but I could never get that to work. I have not tried it for a few months so I'm going to see if it works. Some people can get Atmos to pass through ARC some cant. Other than that there is nothing on CAST that I have that plays HD audio and not sure there will be apps that support the HD codecs.

Also a side note. But i had an issue with the FW update from last Xmas where my Harmony remote would not recognize the CAST input/activity. Was working fine before that update. It would go to HDMI5; annoying as heck but I added a "next input" command on my remote so I press that and it will take me to the CAST input. This new FW fixed this issue. However now when I start an activity like Watch ROKU it will take me to CAST input vs HDMI 1 and same thing for my XBOX Activity. lol. It's all good as I'm glad the CAST issue got fixed.
sonoftumble likes this.
post #8747 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Same boat for warranty replacement here.

No more M70-D3s available.

So its keep my D3 that has defective wifi (although has been fine on Ethernet) or "upgrade" to a new M70-E3.

My question is going to be whether the warranty extends or not...I only had a month left on the D3.
post #8748 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
ya'll been running the basic fiber optic cable?
Yep. I had read a bunch of stories about ARC and audio sync issues so I stayed away. Also, I didn't realize that TOSLink couldn't handle the uncompressed stuff until I read a post about that the other day. For most CASTING/streaming activities, the TOSLink bandwidth is probably more than good - but like a high performance car - I gotta go with the dual exhaust!
wmarkw likes this.
post #8749 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yep. I had read a bunch of stories about ARC and audio sync issues so I stayed away. Also, I didn't realize that TOSLink couldn't handle the uncompressed stuff until I read a post about that the other day. For most CASTING/streaming activities, the TOSLink bandwidth is probably more than good - but like a high performance car - I gotta go with the dual exhaust!
Yeah that's what I was trying to get at is you all aint missing anything really.

Off topic but I'm giddy as I got a nice deal on a Klipsch R-112SW sub! Only 5 months old and guy was moving and didnt want to take it with him. I need to run my Aydussy room correction but so far this thing is beasting. Replacing an 8 year old The Speaker Company 10" sub that has served me well.
sonoftumble likes this.
post #8750 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by 317hp View Post
Same boat for warranty replacement here.
No more M70-D3s available.
So its keep my D3 that has defective wifi (although has been fine on Ethernet) or "upgrade" to a new M70-E3.
My question is going to be whether the warranty extends or not...I only had a month left on the D3.
"upgrade" to a new M70-E3.
sonoftumble likes this.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #8751 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah that's what I was trying to get at is you all aint missing anything really.

Off topic but I'm giddy as I got a nice deal on a Klipsch R-112SW sub! Only 5 months old and guy was moving and didnt want to take it with him. I need to run my Aydussy room correction but so far this thing is beasting. Replacing an 8 year old The Speaker Company 10" sub that has served me well.
That's a great sub! Definitely a beast. I have a Sunfire Signature True Sub that I bought in early 1999. So it's about 18 years old. Still awesome. I sent it back a couple of times over the years and they always update the electronics, etc. The active driver has a 2 1/2 inch excursion range. Moves 360 Cu Ft of air from a 13" cube. 2,700 watt internal amp. No way I'll part with it unless it breaks and they no longer support or repair it. Knock on wood, it's been running perfect for 15 years now.
wmarkw likes this.

post #8752 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
@sonoftumble @crackthewhip ya'll been running the basic fiber optic cable? There were a few hiccups with ARC early on but with each FW update they have made improvements. The issues I experienced were when switching inputs from say Direct TV to CAST my audio would never return. I'd have to turn everything off or at least my AVR to get it to come back. That got fixed last fall. Once I got all monoprice cables my random blinking screen went away (long time ago); probably not ARC related. But yes on the Vizio audio settings I have it set to ARC.

With netflix i get DD+. I have one VUDU title the newer Star Trek movie that has an ATMOS track but I could never get that to work. I have not tried it for a few months so I'm going to see if it works. Some people can get Atmos to pass through ARC some cant. Other than that there is nothing on CAST that I have that plays HD audio and not sure there will be apps that support the HD codecs.

Also a side note. But i had an issue with the FW update from last Xmas where my Harmony remote would not recognize the CAST input/activity. Was working fine before that update. It would go to HDMI5; annoying as heck but I added a "next input" command on my remote so I press that and it will take me to the CAST input. This new FW fixed this issue. However now when I start an activity like Watch ROKU it will take me to CAST input vs HDMI 1 and same thing for my XBOX Activity. lol. It's all good as I'm glad the CAST issue got fixed.
@sonoftumble @wmarkw
Thanks so much for your help. I already had the AVR set correctly, so just had to change the CEC setting on the Vizio display and follow the steps for the AVR. I always thought my AVR struggled at times with the optical cable and this makes a huge difference. I wish Vizio did a better job of commenting with their firmware updates. They will say something like "Fixed issues with ARC", but don't tell us how to implement the fix or change a setting. I guess we will continue relying on each other for these "little things".

I also get a similar input switching issue with my Harmony. When I run my “Watch SmartCast” activity then try to switch to “Watch Shield”, my Vizio won’t switch to HDMI1 (stays in SmartCast), so I power off all devices then retry my “Watch Shield” activity (switches to HDMI1). I don't think this is a Harmony issue, as I've tried changing device delays & inserted an additional input command on the power on sequence, neither of which worked. I can live with it for now but it makes my wife crazy!!
sonoftumble likes this.

post #8753 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@sonoftumble @wmarkw

I also get a similar input switching issue with my Harmony. When I run my “Watch SmartCast” activity then try to switch to “Watch Shield”, my Vizio won’t switch to HDMI1 (stays in SmartCast), so I power off all devices then retry my “Watch Shield” activity (switches to HDMI1). I don't think this is a Harmony issue, as I've tried changing device delays & inserted an additional input command on the power on sequence, neither of which worked. I can live with it for now but it makes my wife crazy!!
I have the pronto IR hex codes for the "Vizio" button that was on the older style remotes. That button launched the old smart TV interface and does the same for Smartcast. I also have the IR codes for the Play, Pause, Rew, Fwd, Stop, Exit and Back functions. They all work great with the Smartcast apps.

I design and program control systems for a day job and am running iRule ( On Controls ) on an iPad and my iPhone. The discrete input commands i.e. HDMI1, HDMI2, etc. have not changed. So I'm not having any issues with switching out of SmartCast. All I have to do is send the HDMI1 command and the TV switches without issue. I send the "Vizio" button command to switch back to Smartcast. That's all I need to do. Weird that you're having an issue with it switching to a random input. Maybe I can help? Donno. Make sure your IR emitters are working as expected. Looks to me that the TV isn't getting the correct command from the Harmony.
post #8754 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I have the pronto IR hex codes for the "Vizio" button that was on the older style remotes. That button launched the old smart TV interface and does the same for Smartcast. I also have the IR codes for the Play, Pause, Rew, Fwd, Stop, Exit and Back functions. They all work great with the Smartcast apps.

I design and program control systems for a day job and am running iRule ( On Controls ) on an iPad and my iPhone. The discrete input commands i.e. HDMI1, HDMI2, etc. have not changed. So I'm not having any issues with switching out of SmartCast. All I have to do is send the HDMI1 command and the TV switches without issue. I send the "Vizio" button command to switch back to Smartcast. That's all I need to do. Weird that you're having an issue with it switching to a random input. Maybe I can help? Donno. Make sure your IR emitters are working as expected. Looks to me that the TV isn't getting the correct command from the Harmony.
I'm using a Harmony Hub with IR blasters and it seems to pass IR commands from the remote to my AV equipment fine. I may have misspoken about the issue not being with Harmony though. I read somewhere in their forum from several weeks ago they were having difficulties updating their database for Vizio M & P displays due to many recent bug fixes from Vizio. I may check the Harmony database to see if an updated version of my display is available for download. Otherwise I may have to wait until the new Vizio remote arrives and I can teach specific buttons directly to the Harmony remote.
sonoftumble likes this.

post #8755 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@crackthewhip @sonoftumble I had my Harmony set up with the 2016 M then switched to the 2016 P and now I have the 2017 M Vizio TV settings. The new remote codes are there for the customization. I need to redo the lay out on my harmony now that I've been messing with them for a few weeks. Unless there is a better way to get the best or correct codes this method is some what working for me.
sonoftumble likes this.
post #8756 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm using a Harmony Hub with IR blasters and it seems to pass IR commands from the remote to my AV equipment fine. I may have misspoken about the issue not being with Harmony though. I read somewhere in their forum from several weeks ago they were having difficulties updating their database for Vizio M & P displays due to many recent bug fixes from Vizio. I may check the Harmony database to see if an updated version of my display is available for download. Otherwise I may have to wait until the new Vizio remote arrives and I can teach specific buttons directly to the Harmony remote.
I read somewhere that Harmony recently updated their database for the 2016/17 Vizio M and P's. Basically they added back the old smart TV control buttons which are still the same as with the older Vizio's, but weren't available until Vizio went back to on-screen apps where having those commands make sense.
post #8757 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Holy cow. I didn't realize how old that link was to my HT. I updated it with the current setup (including the M70 ).

http://ht.willowville.net/

Nice setup! Do you have your TV fastened to the stand? I am paranoid that one of my cats and/or kids we babysit will somehow knock it over. I fastened the back of the legs to the stand so it cannot tilt.

OK - Done hijacking - Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.
sonoftumble likes this.
post #8758 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Early June. I had it as a beta, so I don't have an exact date as to when it was released into the wild. Sorry.
Thanks. Sounds about right for when I started experiencing issues.
post #8759 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewd View Post
Holy cow. I didn't realize how old that link was to my HT. I updated it with the current setup (including the M70 ).

http://ht.willowville.net/

Nice setup! Do you have your TV fastened to the stand? I am paranoid that one of my cats and/or kids we babysit will somehow knock it over. I fastened the back of the legs to the stand so it cannot tilt.

OK - Done hijacking - Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.
Thanks! I don't have it fastened to the stand. The stand is almost touching the wall so nothing can get back behind it, and we're empty nesters so no little rascals to deal with. I'm considering hanging it on the wall and there's a conduit that runs from the bottom of the wall to the power outlet half way up the wall - obviously just for doing that. The prior owner was fairly advanced about this stuff!

My picture is older as well. Here's a few new ones. I was able to hide all the wires by zip-tying them to the back legs of the TV. You'll notice the black Atmos speakers that I pull out of the cabinet when it's epic soundtrack time!
wlp3D likes this.

post #8760 of 10262 Old 07-27-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I read somewhere that Harmony recently updated their database for the 2016/17 Vizio M and P's. Basically they added back the old smart TV control buttons which are still the same as with the older Vizio's, but weren't available until Vizio went back to on-screen apps where having those commands make sense.
@wmarkw @sonoftumble
I checked the Harmony database and it has indeed been recently updated for Vizio 2016/17 M & P displays, so I did the following:
1. Signed in to MyHarmony account.
2. Added a new device (M65-D0) Note: Harmony added it as Vizio TV (2) M65-D0
3. Updated all my activities with the new device.
4. Deleted the old device.
5. Renamed the new device Vizio TV M65-D0.
6. Added buttons for Netflix, iHeartRadio, and Vudu apps.
7. Updated a few custom button assignments for each activity.
Note: For some reason when you add a new device it may change some of your custom button assignments.
8. Synced all the updates to my Harmony remote.

When I tested my "Watch Shield" activity the remote changed the AVR input and TV input correctly. When I tested my "Watch SmartCast" activity the remote changed the AVR input correctly but not the TV input. I pressed the "Help" button on my remote and the TV input changed correctly. I powered off all devices and tried the activities again several times and all inputs change correctly now. When I get the new Vizio remote, I will add the other app buttons that the Harmony database didn't have yet. It's been a good day and I've learned a lot. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!!
wmarkw and sonoftumble like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016 , m-series , m70-d3 , m80-d3 , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version