Vizio 2016 6" Tablet Remote (XR6P10) for the 2016 Display Devices - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

post #61 of 261 Old 08-18-2016, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post
just hold down the power button to reboot. performance wise, mine has really taken a nose dive the past few weeks. I'm not sure if it was around the time of the firmware update or not but I've had numerous issues with the smartcast app going unresponsive and issues casting with netflix. It really does seem to be a tablet issue because I can pick my iphone up and operate both apps with the tv without any issue.
if its really slowed down, is it possible you have too many apps installed or running? I would just reset the device.

Also, with all my cast issues (not many) were due to the network wifi speed dropping. A quick reset of the router fixed it.

Last edited by Hiredgoon; 08-18-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 261 Old 08-19-2016, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter
7-Year Tribulation Soon?

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2020 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

My clock also disappeared during sleep - blank screen.

I poked around and changed a setting here and there, and at some point it finally came back.

How does one reboot the tablet?

With mine, when hooked-up to power, the clock will be on the screen.

On battery, it is not there.

At any time if the screen does not wake up after screen-tapping, a brief press of the power/reboot button will do it.

Go to Settings/Display/Daydream. Check the clock options by tapping on the 3 vertically stacked dots.

Mine is set to 'Either' for the Clock to display when 'Docked' or 'While Charging'.

BTW, the fastest way to charge this Tablet is to power it off and have it direct-connected to the power.

I have not checked to see if USB vs the AC adapter on which charges faster or if the same. I'm thinking it's through the AC adapter, eh?

Press-and-hold the Power button... Two options pop-up. Power Off or Reboot.

DaverJ likes this.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #63 of 261 Old 08-20-2016, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Recently got a M70 Thursday and have been playing with the tablet. Anyone else having issues with 5Ghz wireless? I have it hooked up to our 5Ghz and it will barely work. Speed tests either time out or get 1-2 Mbps. Connect it to our 2.4Ghz network and it will test out at 25 Mbps which is what our FIOS is.

I know it's not the 5Ghz network as that's what the TV and others are on and the TV will stream 4k all day long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 261 Old 08-21-2016, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiredgoon View Post
Want to pause/unpause, FF or RW etc - From the LOCK screen press the preferred command. Or in the Harmony app press preferred command, or on the physical remote press the preferred command.
The absence of FF and RW on even the "basic" (IR) remote control that Vizio includes with these sets, is a bummer.

I figured that each casting app has a slightly different UI and was told that that only way to use such transport controls was via the tablet itself. And while watching shows and movies, especially in a darkened room, I find that having to use the tablet is very distracting.

It's good to learn that instead I could use the Harmony Elite instead? Do you know if these commands (FF and RW, specifically) are sent via IR or RF (Bluetooth?)
post #65 of 261 Old 08-23-2016, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
7-Year Tribulation Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itguy08 View Post

Anyone else having issues with 5Ghz wireless?

I have it hooked up to our 5Ghz and it will barely work.

Speed tests either time out or get 1-2 Mbps.

Connect it to our 2.4Ghz network and it will
test out at 25 Mbps which is what our FIOS is.

I know it's not the 5Ghz network as that's what the TV and
others are on and the TV will stream 4k all day long.

So, why not leave it on 2.4 GHz? 5GHz/2.4GHz routers do have settings to use one or the other and not 'auto' switch, I believe.

If you have a Wi-Fi Analyzer App, what does it say? Is a particular channel crowded? More serious, are there overlapping signals mixing with yours? This would be worse than having a bunch of weaker signals under yours on the same channel.

If I remember correctly, there are performance differences between 2.4 and 5 in distance and going through walls. Make sure there are no mirrors or solid metal on a wall in the signal path line.

I would think today's Vizio TVs/Displays would do both 2.4 and 5 and not be limited to one.

EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #66 of 261 Old 08-23-2016, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
7-Year Tribulation Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post

The absence of FF and RW on even the "basic" (IR) remote control
that Vizio includes with these sets, is a bummer.

Hey, we might have to get use to the Tablets and Smartphones, since Matt is going to 'destroy' all these 'rubber-button' remotes:

I still use the Basic Remote a lot. Much quicker to turn on/off and switch among Inputs and Pic Modes.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vizio chief technology officer Matt McRae [Edited - Mark of the Vizio].jpg
Views:	1203
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	1619473  

post #67 of 261 Old 08-29-2016, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thinking of getting the M65 tv. Out the box is there way the tablet remote could turn on a pic and a vizio soundbar? Then I would use the tablet to control the soundbar volume and be able to launch Kodi from a htpc and then I can install Kodi control app from there? Or better off with a harmony remote and give tablet to 4 year old?
post #68 of 261 Old 09-03-2016, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJS02 View Post
Thinking of getting the M65 tv. Out the box is there way the tablet remote could turn on a pic and a vizio soundbar? Then I would use the tablet to control the soundbar volume and be able to launch Kodi from a htpc and then I can install Kodi control app from there? Or better off with a harmony remote and give tablet to 4 year old?
Anyone found a screen protector that fits this tablet?
post #69 of 261 Old 09-04-2016, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter
7-Year Tribulation Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyWest View Post

Anyone found a screen protector that fits this tablet?

I don't know about screen protectors. Never put one on my cheap touch-screen cellphone.

I suppose you could piece together some smaller ones or apply and trim one that is larger than this Tablet?

What I want to know, are there anti-glare kits!

I usually run the screen Brightness pretty low, so glare is more of a problem at times.

post #70 of 261 Old 09-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My tablet has stopped the wake on picking it up option. I always have to hit the power button to wake it. I've rebooted many times, verified all current updates and even toggled the wake screen when you pick up option. It used to work but even shaking it does nothing.

Quote:
don't insult my intelligents
post #71 of 261 Old 09-04-2016, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1007 Post(s)
Liked: 787
Vizio 2016 6" Tablet Remote (XR6P10) for the 2016 Display Devices

My tablet works on & off. When it works I love the technology.

But I have connection issues with my M65. Have open several case #s with Vizio. Told me to ship it back if need be, but not 100% sure I want to yet. Not sure another tablet will resolve the wake-up issue
DaverJ likes this.

Primary set-up 5.1.4; Yamaha A2050, Paired w/Parasound P5 & ATI 500NC 2 channel amp
Revel F206 fronts & Revel M16 rears; Outlaw X12 Sub & 4 RSL C34e in-ceilings

Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s

Last edited by yanks1; 09-04-2016 at 02:16 PM.
post #72 of 261 Old 09-04-2016, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked: 4030
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrenduro View Post
My tablet has stopped the wake on picking it up option. I always have to hit the power button to wake it. I've rebooted many times, verified all current updates and even toggled the wake screen when you pick up option. It used to work but even shaking it does nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post
Mine tablet works on & off. When it works I love the technology.
Same here - sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. This is in addition to the connection issues.

Not sure if it's a tablet hardware problem or an Android/app software issue.
yanks1 likes this.
post #73 of 261 Old 09-04-2016, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I love the casting feature from the tablet or smartphone. Easier to search & navigate vs. using apps embedded in TV. Just hope I can solve the connection riddle

Primary set-up 5.1.4; Yamaha A2050, Paired w/Parasound P5 & ATI 500NC 2 channel amp

Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s
post #74 of 261 Old 09-04-2016, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter
7-Year Tribulation Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrenduro View Post

My tablet has stopped the wake on picking it up option.

I always have to hit the power button to wake it.

I've rebooted many times, verified all current updates and
even toggled the wake screen when you pick up option.

It used to work but even shaking it does nothing.

That 'Wake on Pick Up' feature. I think I played around with that when I first got this P50, but I don't recall seeing it work.

I 'checked' that option now, so will see how it goes over the days ahead.

@DaverJ and @yanks1 , if you could go into some more detail about the 'connection' and 'sometimes it works' problem.

When it was working, did the Wi-Fi signal icon on top have a strong or weak signal? (Solid white cone - Strong signal.)

Did resetting the router/modem help any?

I do have some 'out of nowhere' auto reboots at times, whether that's related to having over 100 Apps - I dunno.

I assume you all know that when connected to the Charging Dock or direct-connect, screen-tapping wakes it up - up to a certain time. After that, a quick Power Button push is needed to wake it up, whether its power-connected or not.

Last edited by CleCakYngMfd; 09-04-2016 at 05:54 PM.
post #75 of 261 Old 09-04-2016, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have a strong wi-if signal at all times; the white cone is usually completely white. But then sometimes if I ask the Tablet to cast something (like Pandora) the TV displays lost connection.. Please pair device.

But then I look at the tablet and all systems are go both with wi-if signal and gear button is white & not grayed out. So I can't determine why the TV displays lost connection; urgh

post #76 of 261 Old 09-04-2016, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
@DaverJ and @yanks1 , if you could go into some more detail about the 'connection' and 'sometimes it works' problem.

When it was working, did the Wi-Fi signal icon on top have a strong or weak signal? (Solid white cone - Strong signal.)

Did resetting the router/modem help any?
I've tried connecting to my main network's Airport Extreme router, which gets a strong signal in the room to other devices, but the Vizio tablet only gets half a cone. So I've even set up a Access Point in the room, just to connect to the Vizio tablet remote - this connection gets a full/solid cone.

But either way, when casting or simply messing with the TV's display options, the tablet's wi-fi gets disconnected - cone will go black (outline), and the tablet has to reconnect. It's like the tablet turns off wi-fi in the middle of using it, as if the antenna is unplugged.

I've tried rebooting the router(s) and the tablet - the thing will not hold a wifi connection to save it's life.

Any ideas? Should I contact Vizio for a new tablet?
post #77 of 261 Old 09-04-2016, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

These tablets are finicky to say the least. Sometimes mine works like a charm and then other times doesn't stay linked to TV. There seems to be no rhyme or reason

post #78 of 261 Old 09-05-2016, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
7-Year Tribulation Soon?

Quote:

The [Tablet] will not hold a WiFi connection to save it's life.

Is the Display getting good Wi-Fi reception? Or is it a direct-connection?

When Casting, the Tablet send the 'commands' and the streaming of video goes from Wi-Fi to the Display. So, the Display must get a good Wi-Fi signal, if it's not a Ethernet setup.

Assuming the Router setup is correct, how are the Tablet's Wi-Fi settings?

Here are mine:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WiFi Advanced.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1643865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wi-Fi - Keep On During Sleep Setting.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1643889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wi-Fi - Radio Frequency Setting.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1643905  
DaverJ likes this.

Last edited by CleCakYngMfd; 09-05-2016 at 09:00 AM.
post #79 of 261 Old 09-05-2016, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Assuming the Router setup is correct, how are the Tablet's Wi-Fi settings?

Here are mine:
Thanks @CleCakYngMfd ! I'm giving those settings a try, and so far no dropped connect yet. Might have a solution..?

I'll bet the issue was the 5Ghz band - the tablet didn't seem stable with that band. Both my router and the access point were connecting at 5Ghz. I have a feeling forcing connection to the 2.4Ghz did the trick.
CleCakYngMfd likes this.
post #80 of 261 Old 09-05-2016, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thx, but how do I get to the Advanced Wi-Fi settings on the tablet?? Thanks

Also, just tried the casting feature again. When I go to Cast the TV states "Network Connection Lost". Though right before casting wi-fi antennae was fully white. Trued with my paired iPhone & same message occurs.

Is this a TV issue or perhaps an advanced Wi-Fi setting as mentioned above??

Last edited by yanks1; 09-05-2016 at 01:29 PM.
post #81 of 261 Old 09-05-2016, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
7-Year Tribulation Soon?

Quote:

How do I get to the Advanced Wi-Fi settings on the tablet?

Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap on the 3 vertical dots > select Advanced.

Lemme know how it works... or don't work.

Also, make sure there's no 2.4GHz or 5GHz interference from other devices, like cordless phones, microwave ovens, baby monitors, etc.

Make sure the Wi-Fi signal path is clear of large metallic objects, such as a mirror. I had to move my router just a few inches to get around TWO mirrors, from my previous residence. One in the hall and the other in a bathroom in the same line of signal path! Signal level came up a good bit by doing that.

post #82 of 261 Old 09-07-2016, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
7-Year Tribulation Soon?

Quote:

So far no dropped connect yet...

I have a feeling forcing connection to the 2.4Ghz did the trick.

So, how is it holding up?

I haven't heard back from @yanks1 yet.

post #83 of 261 Old 09-07-2016, 09:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

My connection is still dropping every time I try to cast. I rebooted TV yesterday then it worked but today it lost connectivity again. Vizio Helpdesk wants me to try a wi-Fi extender before replacing the TV. But I have a strong signal as modem is only 20-25 feet away & 2 walls. No metallic objects are in the way. But I'll buyban extender and see if that helps even though I don't think it will;

post #84 of 261 Old 09-07-2016, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So, how is it holding up?
I haven't done much casting since the last time, but picking it up now - it's solid. I kinda like the tablet when it works.

Thanks again for the fix.
post #85 of 261 Old 09-11-2016, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Mine still drops wifi quite frequently and I have it set to stay connected all the time and 2.4 ghz signal is less than 15' away with clear path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
don't insult my intelligents
post #86 of 261 Old 09-11-2016, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My connection is still dropping every time I try to cast. I rebooted TV yesterday then it worked but today it lost connectivity again. Vizio Helpdesk wants me to try a wi-Fi extender before replacing the TV. But I have a strong signal as modem is only 20-25 feet away & 2 walls. No metallic objects are in the way. But I'll buyban extender and see if that helps even though I don't think it will;

Update:

Didn't need an Extender, my wifi signal is strong. But I called my local SC cable company & they gave me new router same day with AC Technology. I then Called Vizio & they reset my TV and since Friday all has been good. Tablet & M65 has been great since then... Fingers crossed
DaverJ likes this.

post #87 of 261 Old 09-12-2016, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter
7-Year Tribulation Soon?

Quote:

Update:

I didn't need an Extender. My WiFi signal is strong.

But, I called my local SC cable company and they gave me
a new router the same day with AC Technology.

I then Called Vizio & they reset my TV and since Friday all has been good.

Tablet & M65 has been great since then...

Hey, that's good to hear.

I'm way behind on Router stuff, so what is this thing about 'AC' Technology?

post #88 of 261 Old 09-12-2016, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6264 Post(s)
Liked: 5891
Quote:
Hey, that's good to hear.

I'm way behind on Router stuff, so what is this thing about 'AC' Technology?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11ac

Sent from nowhere
yanks1 likes this.
post #89 of 261 Old 09-12-2016, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I recently migrated from a Nexus 7 2013 tablet to the Vizio one. I liked the smaller, vertical form factor on the charging pad. No problems to report. I'm also running all the casting apps I use and Hue lighting control and Amazon Echo voice integration. I recommend disabling all notifications so your set doesn't wake up unexpectedly in the middle of the night.

Love casting. I have a wired connection to my P-65 on Comcast Blast 180 Mbps and in the 6 weeks or so I think I've had one glitch. HBO, Showtime, VUDU, You Tube all work well for me. Proper frames rates (24p) and Dolby Vision...no set top box or cables in between me and the source signal...that's the way to go.

Regarding routers I highly recommend the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000). Outstanding. 2.4 GHz is strong. 5 Ghz @ 180 Mbps....crazy.
post #90 of 261 Old 09-12-2016, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
7-Year Tribulation Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Hey Fate, thanks for that link. In simple layman's speak, whadduzit mean to me with my pre-2011 NetGear Router and my ISP speed of 20Mbps?

(My ISP has two-bonded channels.)

(Sent from somewhere, somehow, someday.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page