**OFFICIAL** Entry Level 2016 Samsung 4K UHD KU6300/6500/6600 Series TV Thread - Page 24 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 388Likes

post #691 of 2409 Old 12-03-2016, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Just double checked and I didnt notice it with youtube.
I also have the Disney WOW disc and ran it through all the tests and it looks excellent.
Whats you serial number? Im curious what manufacturer panel you have.

Starts off with 05HV3CNHA, Version DD06. That's what I was afraid of. I got it from PC Richards and Son online for Black Friday and now their website says they don't have it for sale anymore so I have no idea if they will be able to exchange it or just refund me and I won't get it new for $399 from another place right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 2409 Old 12-03-2016, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Do out smart apps (like Amazon and Vudu) support HDR?
post #693 of 2409 Old 12-03-2016, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3248 Post(s)
Liked: 2552
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewMogz View Post
Starts off with 05HV3CNHA, Version DD06. That's what I was afraid of. I got it from PC Richards and Son online for Black Friday and now their website says they don't have it for sale anymore so I have no idea if they will be able to exchange it or just refund me and I won't get it new for $399 from another place right now.
Bummer.
Dont know what it is but thats not a Samsung or Sharp panel.

Licence to Kill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #694 of 2409 Old 12-03-2016, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Anyone here experience any lip/audio sync issues? I've noticed that my audio is coming slightly after the video.

I'm plugged in via HDMI from cable box and Xbox One S directly into the TV, using the TV speakers. The audio delay setting in the sound menu doesn't seem to actually be doing anything either. I've had it at 0, and all the way up at 200, and it doesn't seem to have an effect on the audio sync.

I've tried my standard cables, and also a known high-speed cable (came with the Xbox One S) and there was no difference. I also reset all settings, disabled UHD on HDMI 1, and the only way it looks fairly normal is if I have the Auto Motion Plus enabled. It's almost like the video is too fast for the audio because all of the interpolation junk is turned off. The problem is I dislike Auto Motion Plus a lot, so I don't want to use that feature. The issue is more prominent on DVD playback than anything else. Blu-ray and cable TV are closer, but still not completely synced.

I'm on FW 1142.

Any thoughts before I toss my old TV back up on the wall?
post #695 of 2409 Old 12-03-2016, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Whenever I watch sports through my cableTV (comcast) (720p/1080i) [watching through HDMI 1] I notice a lot of artifacts/blurryness around text and people as well. Is there anyway to fix this? My older LG LV4700 TV didn't have any problems playing cable tv. Netflix and other content like Plex [even through the TV] and PS4 gaming [non pro] looks fine. I'm using the Rtings settings with Auto Motion at 4 and Dig. Clear View turned to Auto

Last edited by Joeshy; 12-04-2016 at 06:16 AM.
post #696 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadobox View Post
Anyone here experience any lip/audio sync issues? I've noticed that my audio is coming slightly after the video.

I'm plugged in via HDMI from cable box and Xbox One S directly into the TV, using the TV speakers. The audio delay setting in the sound menu doesn't seem to actually be doing anything either. I've had it at 0, and all the way up at 200, and it doesn't seem to have an effect on the audio sync.
If the audio is coming slightly after the video then the audio delay setting will have no effect because its already delayed too much.
post #697 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudzley View Post
Just bought a KU630D which I understand is the Costco version of the KU6300 and while 4K and 1080 content from Netflix/Amazon Video looks amazing, the picture through DirecTV is awful. Much worse than our 10 year old 1080p Sony. Very blotchy/pixelated by comparison (we had both playing the same content side by side). Played with expert picture settings, tried different HDMI cables, etc and nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

Old Sony 1080p

New Samsung 4K
Did you ever figure it out? I have the same issue. I'm confused why 1080p stuff from Netflix,etc looks fine but cable TV looks so much worse
post #698 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 06:43 AM

Sorry to double post, but I'm guessing the issue might just be the upscaling of the TV, especially from 720p to 4k that is a lot of magnification. Also I have gone up from a 47in to a 70in tv so the issue is pronounced. Not much to do about that I suppose. Would disabling auto-motion help prevent the blurryness/artifacts?
post #699 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeshy View Post
Sorry to double post, but I'm guessing the issue might just be the upscaling of the TV, especially from 720p to 4k that is a lot of magnification. Also I have gone up from a 47in to a 70in tv so the issue is pronounced. Not much to do about that I suppose. Would disabling auto-motion help prevent the blurryness/artifacts?
Youre confusing upscaling with upconverting. If 720p is 16:9 there is no magnification when upconverting to 4k.
Try automotion and see what you think.
post #700 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
If the audio is coming slightly after the video then the audio delay setting will have no effect because its already delayed too much.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Bummer. TV is back in the box and going back to Best Buy today.
post #701 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just picked up the 55 inch version. I have a few questions from a beginner here :-) I am really glad I have found this forum it has been extremely useful Thanks!

1. I Have the Xbox One S I also have the Tivo Bolt. I hooked up the Xbox to HDMI 1 and enabled the UHD Color. My Tivo is running through the Xbox one so that is directly plugged into the Xbox.

Does running the Tivo through the Xbox mess up anything, like color and visual settings etc?

2. Also I am really confused at the color dept option on the Xbox one s. It says I can do 8 bit at 24 or 10 bit at 30 or 12 bit at 36. Why would I choose the lower 8 bit if I had 12 bit available? What is the best setting for the TV 8, 10 or 12? This TV is for games and watching tv as well as streaming netflix and amazon.

Thanks!
post #702 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Youre confusing upscaling with upconverting. If 720p is 16:9 there is no magnification when upconverting to 4k.
Try automotion and see what you think.
Thanks. I will mess around with it some more I guess. But it happens on static text as well, or when there is a lot of detail on the screen and not much moving (e.g. the fans in the background of an NBA game). So you think I should turn the judder reduction up to try to mitigate this?
post #703 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 08:44 AM

Joeshy do you get semi-circles of banding in the bottom left and right of the stock YouTube app where it fades colors like this too, or just those artifacts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	first.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1806937  
post #704 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 08:53 AM

Not that I can see during any video playback. But still have the artifacts/blurriness on stock youtube app as well.
post #705 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Not that I can see during any video playback. But still have the artifacts/blurriness on stock youtube app as well.

Not during video playback, just the stock Grey Background App of YouTube when you go into Search. For what it's worth I never saw artifacts or anything blurry except for the color banding I'm experiencing and sending it back for and I had all motion settings turned off. You might consider what I'm going to do and exchange it.

Last edited by DrewMogz; 12-04-2016 at 09:07 AM.
post #706 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Not during video playback, just the stock Grey Background App of YouTube when you go into Search.
Yeah. It seems to be a series of circles coming from the upper-center of the screen.

See here: http://imgur.com/a/zg4Mf

Also included is a picture of a Dota2 game being streamed on Youtube in 1080p/60fps, and what it looks like on stock youtube app of my TV. It almost looks like the pictures is jumping all around back and forth. I wonder if thats what it is doing during cable TV too and making stuff look blurry. Oddly I only notice it sometimes in cable TV though, and in only some youtube videos.
post #707 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Yeah. It seems to be a series of circles coming from the upper-center of the screen.

See here: http://imgur.com/a/zg4Mf

Also included is a picture of a Dota2 game being streamed on Youtube in 1080p/60fps, and what it looks like on stock youtube app of my TV

I'll be darned, that's exactly what I see. I wonder if it's just our's that are defective or if mine isn't defective at all and that's how it's supposed to look. I had just called to get them to send UPS out Tuesday while I posted the previous post because I was basically fed up without finding anything out. But the Gradient Tests also showed some banding in the Grey Scale so I don't know if it's just the T.V. or what but I can't find any of those artifacts like you had yet, I'm testing to see if there's a place I can see it because it'd have to be online because I don't have it hooked up to any Satellite sources.

It's also worth noting that the YouTube app will choose it's own resolution based on your connection speed so even though it's a 1080p video, it might have downgraded the quality of it based on your speed, I know I had to find that out the hard way to test my Gradient Scales. I ended up loading up the stock web browser and looking at images instead. The only workaround is looking at YouTube videos on the Web Browser and setting the speeds manually, which you can't do in the App.

Last edited by DrewMogz; 12-04-2016 at 09:21 AM.
post #708 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I'll be darned, that's exactly what I see. I wonder if it's just our's that are defective or if mine isn't defective at all and that's how it's supposed to look. I had just called to get them to send UPS out Tuesday while I posted the previous post because I was basically fed up without finding anything out. But the Gradient Tests also showed some banding in the Grey Scale so I don't know if it's just the T.V. or what but I can't find any of those artifacts like you had yet, I'm testing to see if there's a place I can see it because it'd have to be online because I don't have it hooked up to any Satellite sources.
Not sure. I don't think that is the cause of the artifacts/blurriness i am seeing, but I'm no expert. Maybe I will try to get a replacement for my problem as well, unless anyone here has similar issues.
post #709 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Not sure. I don't think that is the cause of the artifacts/blurriness i am seeing, but I'm no expert. Maybe I will try to get a replacement for my problem as well, unless anyone here has similar issues.

Let me know exactly what to search for so I can test the same video.
post #710 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Let me know exactly what to search for so I can test the same video.

[EN] The Boston Major - Day 2 - Group Stage

You'll need to rewind potentially to get to actual game-play to replicate the images I'm seeing (its a live video on youtube). But i was also seeing artifacts/blurriness when they are showing the panel discussing the game as well.
post #711 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
It's also worth noting that the YouTube app will choose it's own resolution based on your connection speed so even though it's a 1080p video, it might have downgraded the quality of it based on your speed, I know I had to find that out the hard way to test my Gradient Scales. I ended up loading up the stock web browser and looking at images instead. The only workaround is looking at YouTube videos on the Web Browser and setting the speeds manually, which you can't do in the App.
Yeah I know - but I brought up the video stats "show nerd stats" and verified it was playing at 1080p/60fps with zero dropped frames
post #712 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 09:39 AM

I watched that video for awhile and I can't see anything like what you're talking about, so unless you've got a different video for me to try I'm not sure how else I can replicate it for you. It actually looked really good on mine, I wish to god I knew if I should return mine or not since yours has that banding on the background of the YouTube app too, which makes me wonder if they all do.

If I were you I'd watch that video on your stock Web Browser and make sure you manually set it to 1080p/60 and just see if that makes a difference. I know you said the stats for nerd said you were there, but maybe it's just switching speeds and quality for a brief second and that's what's causing the blurriness.
post #713 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I watched that video for awhile and I can't see anything like what you're talking about, so unless you've got a different video for me to try I'm not sure how else I can replicate it for you. It actually looked really good on mine, I wish to god I knew if I should return mine or not since yours has that banding on the background of the YouTube app too, which makes me wonder if they all do.
To confirm, you were able to see a screen similar to mine but without and blurriness or anything like my picture shows?
post #714 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
If I were you I'd watch that video on your stock Web Browser and make sure you manually set it to 1080p/60 and just see if that makes a difference. I know you said the stats for nerd said you were there, but maybe it's just switching speeds and quality for a brief second and that's what's causing the blurriness.
Ok, on my TV web browser it actually looks pretty good. So maybe the YouTube app is just messed up.

If my stock browser image looks fine and my PS4 stuff looks fine then I guess maybe my issue is just Cable TV feed looks bad when being unconverted to 4k. I still see blurriness and artifacts around text on cable TV though, but it isn't nearly as bad as that YouTube app i linked.

Last edited by Joeshy; 12-04-2016 at 09:54 AM.
post #715 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Ok, on my TV web browser it actually looks pretty good. So maybe the YouTube app is just messed up.

Yeah I don't trust the YouTube app since I can't manually lock the speed. Do a 4K Video Test search in YouTube and there's one from Panasonic Lumix, tell me what you think of that 4k YouTube video, mine's looking pretty good.

I take that back, there's some banding in the beginning when looking at the clouds in the top left. I wonder if it's just these T.V.'s in general though...
post #716 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Yeah I don't trust the YouTube app since I can't manually lock the speed. Do a 4K Video Test search in YouTube and there's one from Panasonic Lumix, tell me what you think of that 4k YouTube video, mine's looking pretty good.
Yeah one of the first things I did was watch a 4k YT video from the TV main app and it looked fine, oddly enough.
post #717 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Yeah one of the first things I did was watch a 4k YT video from the TV main app and it looked fine, oddly enough.

I watched several 4k test video's just now, some had skies some didn't. All I know if I see serious banding in the skies and if this T.V. isn't defective and they all do that, then they're junk to me. My 1080p Dell monitor from 5 years ago displays gradients better than that and the same videos I watched at 4k on the TV were so much more beautiful at 1080p on my monitor. I'm exchanging it and if the next one does it, I guess I will just get a refund...

I also just discovered a transparent line that runs horizontally the length of the TV on almost all videos at certain points in the same spot not too far down from the top of the screen.

Last edited by DrewMogz; 12-04-2016 at 01:03 PM.
post #718 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 32
losing internet connectivity - WiFi

I intend to run Cat5, but for now am connected via a 5GHz WiFi link. All works great for a while, then I maintain network connectivity, but lose the router link. Power cycling the TV temporarily fixes it. I just assigned a fixed IP address to see if that helps.

Any further thoughts?
post #719 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1094 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbynum View Post
I intend to run Cat5, but for now am connected via a 5GHz WiFi link. All works great for a while, then I maintain network connectivity, but lose the router link. Power cycling the TV temporarily fixes it. I just assigned a fixed IP address to see if that helps.

Any further thoughts?
I'm not sure what you mean by maintaining network connectivity but losing the router link. Sad to say, but depending on the setup, 2.4ghz still might give you a more stable connection. Powerline ethernet adapters could be worth a look, but only if you don't have whole-house surge suppression. Next choice might be something like a AC1200 or better bridge with gigabit ethernet port, and possibly a small gigabit switch if you need multiple ports. That's the setup I've been using pretty successfully for over a year for media player, slingbox and now the TV...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #720 of 2409 Old 12-04-2016, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, im using my 6270 primarily as a htpc, how do I setup 60hz display at 4k resolution?

Also, when using it as a monitor, i can't access the 2 point or 10point settings etc. Which kind of defeat the purpose of buying this tv if i cant do the video calibrations . Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page